PDA

View Full Version : Stokes, Swanson & Boyle

Pages : [1] 2

Delboy4
12-01-2018, 04:13 PM
Just heard...

Now this is the rumour so don’t shoot the messenger!

Stokes, Swanson & Boyle missed the curfew time whilst allowed to
chill out and have a beer.

That is why they weren’t in the squad today. Now if this is true, I’m annoyed that...
1. They take advantage of being allowed to have a couple of beers
2. That it’s a training camp, not a holiday camp!
3. We have a massive game coming up so they should be professional like most big clubs

Now, as I said, it’s a rumour but if this is true, a massive fine should be given to each player. And god forbid , if it’s Mr Stokes who is leading the horses to drink - get rid because he did this years back with other players.

Hopefully this is not true...

GGTTH

Billy Whizz
12-01-2018, 04:15 PM
Someone posted something similar on another Hibs website
Really poor show if true

SRHibs
12-01-2018, 04:16 PM
Maybe they were just at a Celtic function!

Delboy4
12-01-2018, 04:17 PM
I heard from a good source. I honestly hope it’s not true as we don’t need this right now!

Allant1981
12-01-2018, 04:17 PM
was it not said in jest on the match thread today? looks like its been taken as gospel

Springbank
12-01-2018, 04:18 PM
Usually I'd be bothered, if this was true.

But do you know what?

Beat Hearts on the 21st and i couldnt care less about this. And i hope all 3 score :)

Mon the Hibs!

Delboy4
12-01-2018, 04:19 PM
Also, I don’t know which night it was but could it have been when the gaffer was at that function and they’ve thought “whilst the cats away, the mice will play!” ???

B.H.F.C
12-01-2018, 04:20 PM
Also, I don’t know which night it was but could it have been when the gaffer was at that function and they’ve thought “whilst the cats away, the mice will play!” ???

Would be surprised if it was last night with a game today.

Delboy4
12-01-2018, 04:21 PM
Yeah, 0-3 and all score

That would do for me 😂💚🇳🇬

Frazerbob
12-01-2018, 04:22 PM
Missed it by how long? 5 minutes or 5 hours are very different.

Delboy4
12-01-2018, 04:23 PM
Knowing Stokesy, probably the latter! 😬

Mikey
12-01-2018, 04:24 PM
New boy Jamie Maclaren, Anthony Stokes and Martin Boyle all sat out the friendly clash with minor knocks.

From here.....

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/2085285/hibs-neil-lennon-david-gray-injury-willem-ii/

Sioux
12-01-2018, 04:25 PM

Now you're making stuff up. No need.

Ozyhibby
12-01-2018, 04:26 PM
Swanson really taking the **** if this is true. At least the other two have been contributing on the pitch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Leith Dutch
12-01-2018, 04:26 PM
Now, as I said, it’s a rumour but if this is true, a massive fine should be given to each player. And god forbid , if it’s Mr Stokes who is leading the horses to drink - get rid because he did this years back with other players.
GGTTH

Reporting what you've heard is fine but the above two bits are pure speculation.

Granted, you acknowledge that, but you must know from a glance at the NL to Celtic function thread and pretty much every Stokes thread that it's going to massively stir the **** posting the two bits above no?

Stuart93
12-01-2018, 04:28 PM
Minor knocks, nothing to see here move on...let's hope all 3 are ok for next week.

Delboy4

Not making anything up, just passing on from a source.

Here’s me thinking it was the Hibs fans forum too !

HoboHarry
That's it - am aff tae phone the Samaritans........

:rolleyes::yawn:

Firestarter
12-01-2018, 04:29 PM
Swanson really taking the **** if this is true. At least the other two have been contributing on the pitch.

Makes no difference whatsoever.

I smell ***** though.

Lago
12-01-2018, 04:31 PM
From here.....

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/2085285/hibs-neil-lennon-david-gray-injury-willem-ii/

Well that report kills the curfew story, hopefully, but bad news for Gray, sounds similar to Farad's injury and I don't think he was ever as effective when he returned to fitness.

Sioux
12-01-2018, 04:31 PM

The bit about the players taking advantage of Lennon's absence is made up.

Sorry response was to Dellboy

Mikey
12-01-2018, 04:33 PM
Well that report kills the curfew story........

It's a story that's surfaced since today's team was announced. No-one was telling us about it earlier in the day.

I'd be really surprised if it isn't made up.

Vault Boy
12-01-2018, 04:35 PM

Nah, they all are if it's true. Playtime is irrelevant here.

Borderhibbie76
12-01-2018, 04:36 PM
It's a story that's surfaced since today's team was announced. No-one was telling us about it earlier in the day.

I'd be really surprised if it isn't made up.Now it's been posted on here tho u can guarantee it will be in a sun/record 2moro

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Arch Stanton
12-01-2018, 04:37 PM

If NL was the only coach there your post might have made a modicum of sense.

It's also a myth that mice think that way.

Kojock
12-01-2018, 04:41 PM
I like the bit which blames Stokes for leading the other two astray. FFS they're grown men and professional footballers with a mind of their own not two nursery school mischievous wee boys.

WoreTheGreen
12-01-2018, 04:44 PM
I like the bit which blames Stokes for leading the other two astray. FFS they're grown men and professional footballers with a mind of their own not two nursery school mischievous wee boys.

Thought i had stumbled into the Rix thead on reading that last sentence

NAE NOOKIE
12-01-2018, 04:50 PM

It's also a myth that mice think that way.

That's true, we had mice a few years ago and they didn't appear to give a stuff that the cat was around :greengrin

WeeRussell
12-01-2018, 04:56 PM

Going by the fact your original post stated it was a rumour but then wanted Stokes out “if it’s him that’s led them astray” based purely on a hypothetical situation, and then followed-up by this.. can we assume that you don’t like Anthony Stokes?

Sammy7nil
12-01-2018, 04:56 PM
Usually I'd be bothered, if this was true.

But do you know what?

Beat Hearts on the 21st and i couldnt care less about this. And i hope all 3 score :)

Mon the Hibs!

And if they lose ?

Dashing Bob S
12-01-2018, 04:58 PM
Couldn't give a monkeys. Do the chaps good to let off a little steam. In the old George Street days it wouldn't have been just a few beers, there would have been ****ging, cocaine shenanigans and the obligatory assault on a loud-mouthed Jambo bouncer. Sadly the way the game has become so sanitized, it's now left to us, the fans, to fly that flag.

Hermit Crab
12-01-2018, 04:58 PM
20 pager

Stokesy's on fire
12-01-2018, 05:05 PM
God anytime Stokes doesnt play a game the rumour mill starts up that he was steaming. There were several players not included in the team and thats all there is to it.

we are hibs
12-01-2018, 05:08 PM
God anytime Stokes doesnt play a game the rumour mill starts up that he was steaming. There were several players not included in the team and thats all there is to it.

Its stokes fault we were relegated, trump was elected president and that Liam Henderson hasn't signed yet, though.

probably a good thing if Henderson doesn't sign. One poor corner and people would be saying he should never have been signed and is living off the cup final. The cup final has gave people a delusion that certain players are going to play like that every week. They aren't but that doesn't make them any less a good player.

HoboHarry
12-01-2018, 05:11 PM
Lewis making a single mistake gets a good couple of dozen out from under their beds......

NAE NOOKIE
12-01-2018, 05:15 PM
Its stokes fault we were relegated, trump was elected president and that Liam Henderson hasn't signed yet, though.

probably a good thing if Henderson doesn't sign. One poor corner and people would be saying he should never have been signed and is living off the cup final. The cup final has gave people a delusion that certain players are going to play like that every week. They aren't but that doesn't make them any less a good player.

He played in a live on TV Celtic game early in the season, he took three corners and two of them were rubbish :greengrin

JJP
12-01-2018, 05:25 PM
Like a bunch of gossiping birds on this site.

Sammy7nil
12-01-2018, 05:26 PM
Couldn't give a monkeys. Do the chaps good to let off a little steam. In the old George Street days it wouldn't have been just a few beers, there would have been ****ging, cocaine shenanigans and the obligatory assault on a loud-mouthed Jambo bouncer. Sadly the way the game has become so sanitized, it's now left to us, the fans, to fly that flag.

Yeah we did really well in those days lots of success :rolleyes:

Libby Hibby
12-01-2018, 05:29 PM
Don’t know if it’s true or not but in the past, has Delboy’s information not usually close to the mark?

xyz23jc
12-01-2018, 05:33 PM

Won a league cup on the back of it IINM! :wink:

Dashing Bob S
12-01-2018, 05:33 PM

Team was way too lightweight in the bar.

hibbyfraelibby
12-01-2018, 05:34 PM
Who started the rumour? Come on hands up if you started this. I know who you are so there is no point being shy. Come on admit it you made it up...

ancient hibee
12-01-2018, 05:37 PM
Post 15 on the match thread gives the sordid details.

IlDiavola
12-01-2018, 05:40 PM

My thoughts too.

Does he have a drink problem?

InchHibby
12-01-2018, 06:01 PM

The lines busy 😎

HoboHarry
12-01-2018, 06:03 PM
My thoughts too.

Does he have a drink problem?
I have a drink problem. It's only noon here and its too early to break out a Chardonnay......

IlDiavola
12-01-2018, 06:04 PM
The lines busy 😎

:greengrin

Pretty Boy
12-01-2018, 06:14 PM
Like with the 'issue' of Neil Lennon returning to Scotland for a function, the only people who know the exact agreement that was in place for the players times off and whether any rules were broken are those involved.

If there has been an issue Hibs will deal with it. If sitting out a friendly is the extent of the punishment then so be it, if there are fines or further disciplinary measure Hibs will obviously feel it merits that.

Of course it may be nothing has happened at all and the players were indeed just carrying knocks.

Stokesy's on fire
12-01-2018, 06:46 PM
Lewis making a single mistake gets a good couple of dozen out from under their beds......

And this is so true. These little negative normans love a bit of drama. They should stick to watching Jeremy Kyle.

G B Young
12-01-2018, 06:49 PM
Just heard...

Now this is the rumour so don’t shoot the messenger!

Stokes, Swanson & Boyle missed the curfew time whilst allowed to
chill out and have a beer.

That is why they weren’t in the squad today. Now if this is true, I’m annoyed that...
1. They take advantage of being allowed to have a couple of beers
2. That it’s a training camp, not a holiday camp!
3. We have a massive game coming up so they should be professional like most big clubs

Hopefully this is not true...

GGTTH

This is nonsense. As someone else has stated, somebody made a joke to this effect on the match thread and it's now been given arms and legs on facebook. This thread should be deleted.

mcohibs
12-01-2018, 07:28 PM
Not being funny but things like this spread on social media like wildfire and often players get wind of it.

Can you imagine Jamie MacLaren finding out that fans of his new team are creating rumours that he was out on the piss last night etc. It's embarrassing. Too many people these days take what they see on forums/ social media platforms as being gospel. Fake news.

WoreTheGreen
12-01-2018, 07:29 PM
👌

stantonsboots
12-01-2018, 07:37 PM

It's also a myth that mice think that way.I think your right mice don't think like that? that's more a cat thing? they're very sleekit if you ask me!

Peevemor
12-01-2018, 07:48 PM
Not being funny but things like this spread on social media like wildfire and often players get wind of it.

Can you imagine Jamie MacLaren finding out that fans of his new team are creating rumours that he was out on the piss last night etc. It's embarrassing. Too many people these days take what they see on forums/ social media platforms as being gospel. Fake news.

Anybody that took my post on the match thread seriously in any way should be banned from the internet.

BoomtownHibees
12-01-2018, 07:49 PM
Anybody that took my post on the match thread seriously in any way should be banned from the internet.

They should be banned from breathing

BegbieHSC
12-01-2018, 07:51 PM
Don't care !
Stop stirring it.

Our boys will smash the gunts next weekend!

thebakerboy
12-01-2018, 07:52 PM
This was made up on another thread and I said it would be treated as gospel over on "Sickbag" , didnt think it would start another thread on here. CHINESE WHISPERS EH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Borderhibbie76
12-01-2018, 07:57 PM
Anybody that took my post on the match thread seriously in any way should be banned from the internet.But they have it's on Facebook now and a separate thread on here...no need really mate

Peevemor
12-01-2018, 08:01 PM
But they have it's on Facebook now and a separate thread on here...no need really mate

Have you read the post in question?

ancient hibee
12-01-2018, 08:02 PM
It’s a joke .If there are nutters who take it seriously,tough.

Just Alf
12-01-2018, 08:05 PM
This was made up on another thread and I said it would be treated as gospel over on "Sickbag" , didnt think it would start another thread on here. CHINESE WHISPERS EH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Ha ha this is soo funny!... The OP looks like a cut and paste from the matchday thread with the last paragraph removed... The one that said watch this, KB will read this and run with it as gospel! [emoji38]yam:

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Peevemor
12-01-2018, 08:08 PM
Ha ha this is soo funny!... The OP looks like a cut and paste from the matchday thread with the last paragraph removed... The one that said watch this, KB will read this and run with it as gospel! [emoji38]yam:

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?327588-Hibs-1-(Simon-Murray)-v-Willem-II-3-FT&p=5274314&viewfull=1#post5274314

Allant1981
12-01-2018, 08:09 PM
But they have it's on Facebook now and a separate thread on here...no need really mate

you obviously didnt read the post, it was clearly a joke

Borderhibbie76
12-01-2018, 08:10 PM
Have you read the post in question?Sorry I got it confused with another post - apologies mate

Peevemor
12-01-2018, 08:13 PM
Sorry I got it confused with another post - apologies mate

:aok:

Borderhibbie76
12-01-2018, 08:17 PM
:aok:Funnily enough the same guy also started the post on the Hibs FB page too - at least the name is the same

Deansy
12-01-2018, 08:18 PM
Unbelieveable that what was was posted as a joke is now being taken for fact - the power of social-media I suppose !

Just Alf
12-01-2018, 08:19 PM
http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?327588-Hibs-1-(Simon-Murray)-v-Willem-II-3-FT&p=5274314&viewfull=1#post5274314To be fair mention of the brothel and fighting over the loyalty scheme was removed so I can see why people could easily be taken in by it :agree:

:rofl:

mcohibs
12-01-2018, 08:32 PM

Didn't know that's where it had came from. Thought this OP was the source. So someone's lifted a joke out of context and reposted it on the same forum in a new thread as a genuine incident... Christ.

Power of social media indeed as this now seems to have sparked a rumour

Peevemor
12-01-2018, 08:34 PM
Didn't know that's where it had came from. Thought this OP was the source. So someone's lifted a joke out of context and reposted it on the same forum in a new thread as a genuine incident... Christ.

Power of social media indeed as this now seems to have sparked a rumourUnless, of course, something did happen...

Delboy4
12-01-2018, 08:51 PM

Power of social media indeed as this now seems to have sparked a rumour

Sorry, but I didn’t post on FB or took it from Hibs.net. I didn’t copy & paste as I’m not thick!

I was told by a source who is a football player as I’m an agent. I heard about it before reading any reports on social media.
ANYWAY, IF you read my opening page I said it was a possible rumour because I understand how these CHINESE whispers go.

Because this is a forum where people are allowed to start a story about the club, maybe true or false we can chat about it without slagging each other off..! We can debate it hopefully.

I hope I’m wrong by the way, if so, it’s not the end of the world.

GGTTH

WoreTheGreen
12-01-2018, 08:57 PM
Agent aye my a——

Delboy4
12-01-2018, 08:58 PM
Beg your *** pardon

If you don’t have anything positive to say, don’t say it

WoreTheGreen
12-01-2018, 09:00 PM
Do you handle you self

Tornadoes70
12-01-2018, 09:02 PM
Beg your *** pardon

Bit of an oxymoron there as your op was a wholly negative rumour surrounding players from the club whether true or not.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

:flag:

Delboy4
12-01-2018, 09:05 PM
That’s what I mean about ars*holes on here, supposed to be all supporting the same team and you come out with a childish remark, grow up!!

And for your info, some people on here know that I’m football agent.

Kato
12-01-2018, 09:06 PM
Sorry, but I didn’t post on FB or took it from Hibs.net. I didn’t copy & paste as I’m not thick!

I was told by a source who is a football player as I’m an agent. I heard about it before reading any reports on social media.
ANYWAY, IF you read my opening page I said it was a possible rumour because I understand how these CHINESE whispers go.

Because this is a forum where people are allowed to start a story about the club, maybe true or false we can chat about it without slagging each other off..! We can debate it hopefully.

GGTTH

....amd the first thing you thought to do was create a thread about it on here? Are you a professional agent?

Kato
12-01-2018, 09:07 PM
Beg your *** pardon

...Space Agent?

Delboy4
12-01-2018, 09:11 PM
When you hear something about your club where I don’t have a player what’s wrong with keeping fans updated if true? I’m a fan and it’s a fans forum.

Delboy4
12-01-2018, 09:14 PM
...Space Agent?

What’s your problem? You don’t even know me.

Pretty Boy
12-01-2018, 09:16 PM
Can I just point out the OP has posted info in the past that has subsequently proven to be correct.

That may not be the case this time but I don't think he has just made something up.

bingo70
12-01-2018, 09:16 PM
Fwiw DelBoy has been correct about a couple of exclusives before.

I can’t remember the scoop but I remember a similar thread discussing him being an agent before and a lot of people having to apologise to him when he was proven right.

Allant1981
12-01-2018, 09:24 PM

GGTTH

what a load of rubbish, just so happens that you mentioned it after it was said as a joke on here

12-01-2018, 09:26 PM

GGTTH

What team does the player that told you play for?

Steve20
12-01-2018, 09:28 PM
Not doubting the OP for a minute because he seems to have posted good stuff before. However, regarding Stokes, I don’t think any other club would have a player who scored two goals and do the most to deliver the holy grail on that day, end up with so little respect from some fans. The amount of get rid comments is embarrassing and the amount of times Stokes gets criticised for performances when he’s not been bad or the likes of Murray have been worse but it’s always Stokesy that gets it.

It’s ridicolous at times the opinions some have on the guy. He should be treated as a hero.

12-01-2018, 09:32 PM
IF (and it's a big IF because at the moment its all just rumours we are hearing) this is true then I fully expect that Lennon will be coming down hard on them. As a poster has already rightly stated, it's a training camp they are at not a holiday. If they have been granted a bit of lee way and been told they can have a couple of beers in their chill time and it's been abused then that's not on. Disrespect to the manager and the club.

Hopefully though this is untrue and it they were simply being rested due to minor knocks.

SRHibs
12-01-2018, 09:34 PM
Not doubting the OP for a minute because he seems to have posted good stuff before. However, regarding Stokes, I don’t think any other club would have a player who scored two goals and do the most to deliver the holy grail on that day, end up with so little respect from some fans. The amount of get rid comments is embarrassing and the amount of times Stokes gets criticised for performances when he’s not been bad or the likes of Murray have been worse but it’s always Stokesy that gets it.

It’s ridicolous at times the opinions some have on the guy. He should be treated as a hero.

Maybe because Murray actually tries? Stokes will forever be a legend but it’s still disrespectful to the club to take a wage and not give 100%.

Joe6-2
12-01-2018, 09:35 PM

He IS a hero, but, Hibernian have to come first

12-01-2018, 09:36 PM

Stokes is and always will be a hibs legend for that day but he can't live off that. He still has to work hard and respect the club and fans just like every other player who pulls on the jersey. He is not immune from criticism.

B.H.F.C
12-01-2018, 09:41 PM
Maybe because Murray actually tries? Stokes will forever be a legend but it’s still disrespectful to the club to take a wage and not give 100%.

When he's on the pitch Stokes does try. Just because he doesn't run about a headless chicken it doesn't mean he doesn't try.

It's what he gets up to when it's not a match day that is questionable.

lord bunberry
12-01-2018, 09:45 PM
What I find worrying is that when the manager was away, only 3 of them went out on the lash. Where were the rest of them? Ffs legends like Tam Preston and Willie Hamilton will be turning in their graves.
Im thinking about selling my derby ticket.

Delboy4
12-01-2018, 09:45 PM
Seriously guys, I’m not on here to get recognition for a story be it true or false.

I’ve supported Hibs since I was a wee boy back in 1971 when my dad took me along. If I hear something like anyone else, I post it to keep fellow Hibbys in the loop. About Stokes, it’s not a witch hunt, he’s a superb player. All I said was that if he’s went out on the lash I wouldn’t be happy because he for one, should know better since he’s done it all before!

Allant1981
12-01-2018, 09:48 PM
Seriously guys, I’m not on here to get recognition for a story be it true or false.

I’ve supported Hibs since I was a wee boy back in 1971 when my dad took me along. If I hear something like anyone else, I post it to keep fellow Hibbys in the loop. About Stokes, it’s not a witch hunt, he’s a superb player. All I said was that if he’s went out on the lash I wouldn’t be happy because he for one, should know better since he’s done it all before!

so its just coincidence that you posted after someone made a joke

SRHibs
12-01-2018, 09:56 PM

Probably, because you’d have to be a complete moron to take that joke as a serious rumour.

Stokes + pished/late isn’t exactly the wildest leap, is it?

lord bunberry
I remember people being equally dismissive when it was posted about the bust up between Stokes and Lennon. I’ve no idea if this story is truly, and frankly I don’t really care, but it’s silly to dismiss it when you have no idea if it’s true.

Delboy4
It is a coincidence as I never read the thread where someone made a joke, honestly mate. I’m not a stupid wee laddie, hopefully people can take my word.

Pretty Boy
12-01-2018, 09:59 PM

Or someone else read it on here/Facebook/Twitter and mentioned it to the OP claiming it as their info, he may then have posted it in good faith having not felt inclined to read through a multiple page thread with no hint in the title it contained such a story just in case it was in there?

If I was going to make up a story I probably wouldn’t pick something that I’d read in the same place earlier the same day.

MWHIBBIES
12-01-2018, 10:07 PM
Maybe because Murray actually tries? Stokes will forever be a legend but it’s still disrespectful to the club to take a wage and not give 100%.Ah yes, he doesn't run after lost causes, he must be lazy.

Joins Malonga and Riordan in that club. Decent company, nearly 200 goals for Hibs there.

SRHibs
12-01-2018, 10:09 PM
Ah yes, he doesn't run after lost causes, he must be lazy.

Joins Malonga and Riordan in that club. Decent company, nearly 200 goals for Hibs there.

Ah yes, that’s exactly what I said.

andrew70
12-01-2018, 10:14 PM
Ah yes, that’s exactly what I said.

Stokes isn’t lazy though which is what you are definitely suggesting.

SRHibs
12-01-2018, 10:16 PM
Stokes isn’t lazy though which is what you are definitely suggesting.

Murray is a model professional by all accounts - may not have all the talent but you can’t fault his effort. Stokes goes out on the lash, is a troublemaker, and clearly this will impact how he performs on his park - wouldn’t class that as 100%.

andrew70
12-01-2018, 10:35 PM
Murray is a model professional by all accounts - may not have all the talent but you can’t fault his effort. Stokes goes out on the lash, is a troublemaker, and clearly this will impact how he performs on his park - wouldn’t class that as 100%.

Stokes is quality even below 100%. Would much rather he was in my team than playing against me, that’s for sure.

You clearly know Stokes quite well though so i’ll take you at your word.

Hibs4185
12-01-2018, 10:46 PM
My pal works for Ryanair. Says stokesy flew to Dublin for a lunchtime Guiness. He then remembered he gets free bevy in Leith for being a Scottish Cup winning legend so he decided to jump on a plane to Edinburgh. Released swanson’s family owned boozers so gave him a call. Squirrel though stuff it I’m in, and all 3 hit gladdies.

FACT

SquashedFrogg
12-01-2018, 10:50 PM

In your opinion of course. Others have different opinions.

I do despair at the complete negativity on here sometimes by so called 'supporters'.

Seems some revel in negativity. Says a lot.

Our club is on an upward trajectory, let's get behind it and enjoy these times.

SquashedFrogg
12-01-2018, 10:53 PM
My pal works for Ryanair. Says stokesy flew to Dublin for a lunchtime Guiness. He then remembered he gets free bevy in Leith for being a Scottish Cup winning legend so he decided to jump on a plane to Edinburgh. Released swanson’s family owned boozers so gave him a call. Squirrel though stuff it I’m in, and all 3 hit gladdies.

FACT

Outrageous!!!.........Ryanair!?!?

SRHibs
12-01-2018, 10:55 PM

I do despair at the complete negativity on here sometimes by so called 'supporters'.

I’m saying positive things about Murray, aren’t I? Someone is suggesting that Murray should get the same flak as Stokes. I’m just explaining why I think that’s unfair.

I find it funny that people constantly bemoan the “negative posters”. Are you a masochist? Because if you frequent a message board you’re going to subject yourself to many different views on a spectrum of positivity, with some obviously being at the lower end. The contrast of opinions both positive and negative, is what makes this place interesting to read. This same old ‘supporter’ crap is thrown out every time someone isn’t being a complete happy clapper.

We all want the same thing - Hibs to be a success - whether you believe it or not!

Tornadoes70
12-01-2018, 10:56 PM

:top marks:top marks:top marks

Lets do the Yams in the SC once again. Nail the *******s with their hack and hoof Harry Potter inspired anti football. Their crowds will dwindle away like snow off a dyke and let's once more show them exactly just who bosses this city.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

:flag:

RIP
12-01-2018, 10:59 PM
Is it just a coincidence that these threads start up before a cup derby?

SunshineOnLeith
12-01-2018, 11:02 PM
Misinterpreting a joke might be my new favourite "good source" of bad news about Hibs.

Move over, Twitter and Facebook, there's a new brand of attention seeking in town!

The_Horde
12-01-2018, 11:04 PM
Nothing good has ever come from us going abroad.

Ozyhibby
12-01-2018, 11:25 PM
Nothing good has ever come from us going abroad.

Stubbs’ trips abroad seemed to always result in a defeat first game back. [emoji22]

lord bunberry
12-01-2018, 11:35 PM
Stubbs’ trips abroad seemed to always result in a defeat first game back. [emoji22]

That’s only because we had hard games like Alloa away. This time we’ve got an open goal against that mob.

Clerie Green
12-01-2018, 11:35 PM

Don’t know if you’ve noticed , but Stubbs has moved on :agree:

The_Horde
12-01-2018, 11:40 PM
Don’t know if you’ve noticed , but Stubbs has moved on :agree:

Yep. But we went away under Collins and came back worse off. Similar with Pat Fenlon (won't mention what happened after that trip) and IIRC we went away with yogi some point before our results went to pot.

Vault Boy
12-01-2018, 11:44 PM
It is a coincidence as I never read the thread where someone made a joke, honestly mate. I’m not a stupid wee laddie, hopefully people can take my word.

You've been right before, I wouldn't worry about any snide comments mate. That being said, I hope your info is dead wrong this time. :wink:

Delboy4
13-01-2018, 12:02 AM
You've been right before, I wouldn't worry about any snide comments mate. That being said, I hope your info is dead wrong this time. :wink:

I hope so too

stantonhibby
13-01-2018, 12:38 AM
Yep. But we went away under Collins and came back worse off. Similar with Pat Fenlon (won't mention what happened after that trip) and IIRC we went away with yogi some point before our results went to pot.

We went away under Collins and came back and won a cup final 5-1

Not In The Know
13-01-2018, 01:20 AM

GGTTH
What a load o p1sh.

Haymaker
13-01-2018, 03:42 AM
Delboy4 is usually spot on. If this is what he's heard, it's from a decent source.

It's disappointing news but unsurprising.

ismisebigo
13-01-2018, 04:14 AM
Its as simple as this , Since Anthony was fifteen some people just will not leave him alone . I remember the first day the news broke Anthony was 14 years and Arsenal had offered him just short of one Million pounds to sign. Stories appeared in the Irish papers and rather than congratulating him quite a lot of the papers and parents of other boys on the team were not happy and let their opinion be known, Jealousy?? Who knows? but from them on he has lived with more rumors, gossip and newspapers articles than any other player I have ever seen.

Does Anthony care? not one bit,
He has lived the life he wants, people say he could have played in the premiership he should be doing this and that. its complete nonsense. Anthony is probably the happiest and most content young man I ever met, nothing bothers him he has made a lot of money and spent a lot of money. When he goes on the pitch he gives it his all, his record in the SPL speaks for itself . so go on making up stories I wonder what people will do when he decides to call it a day, and some stories he will have to tell then.
I think Maybe,he should have swapped it all for a regular job in a bank or Mc Donald's (yea Right??)

Velma Dinkley
13-01-2018, 08:47 AM
Delboy4 is usually spot on. If this is what he's heard, it's from a decent source.

It's disappointing news but unsurprising.

What was his source?

we are hibs
13-01-2018, 08:57 AM

We went away twice under Fenlon, first time we came back and lost the final and second time we got pumped from Malmo and had a horrendous start to the season

bob12345
13-01-2018, 09:00 AM
We went away twice under Fenlon, first time we came back and lost the final and second time we got pumped from Malmo and had a horrendous start to the season

Did we not go away before losing the play-offs in Stubbs’ first season?

Borderhibbie76
13-01-2018, 11:57 AM
Yep. But we went away under Collins and came back worse off. Similar with Pat Fenlon (won't mention what happened after that trip) and IIRC we went away with yogi some point before our results went to pot.Dunno if you've noticed but Hearts are away too...

The_Horde
13-01-2018, 12:02 PM
Dunno if you've noticed but Hearts are away too...

What's that got to do with my point about nothing good ever coming from hibs going away?

Borderhibbie76
13-01-2018, 12:06 PM
What's that got to do with my point about nothing good ever coming from hibs going away?Well surely it's a level playing field as its them we play 1st game back and both teams been away?? If you think we shoulda stayed at home well they never either??

The_Horde
13-01-2018, 12:08 PM
Well surely it's a level playing field as its them we play 1st game back and both teams been away?? If you think we shoulda stayed at home well they never either??

I've no idea what they'll be like after being away. If they're anything like us we're in for a terrific derby..

Borderhibbie76
13-01-2018, 12:09 PM
I've no idea what they'll be like after being away. If they're anything like us we're in for a terrific derby..Let's hope so...going by Simon Murray's comments in today's EEN it's been no holiday- double training sessions the 1st 3 days in Portugal

cmcd
13-01-2018, 12:35 PM

Why would a Hibs fan post this Quote " It could have been " Quotes like this can only cause harm .As iv'be said before if you don't know for sure don't post

ismisebigo
13-01-2018, 02:03 PM
What was his source?
As I said in a previous post . there is s always some inside information or Good Source , is there not???

Do People ever give up spreading Gossip about Anthony Stokes
Its as simple as this , Since Anthony was fifteen some people just will not leave him alone . I remember the first day the news broke Anthony was 14 years and Arsenal had offered him just short of one Million pounds to sign. Stories appeared in the Irish papers and rather than congratulating him quite a lot of the papers and parents of other boys on the team were not happy and let their opinion be known, Jealousy?? Who knows? but from them on he has lived with more rumors, gossip and newspapers articles than any other player I have ever seen.

He has lived the life he wants, people say he could have played in the premiership he should be doing this and that. its complete nonsense. Anthony is probably the happiest and most content young man I ever met, nothing bothers him he has made a lot of money and spent a lot of money. When he goes on the pitch he gives it his all, his record in the SPL speaks for itself . so go on making up stories I wonder what people will do when he decides to call it a day, and some stories he will have to tell then.
I think Maybe,he should have swapped it all for a regular job in a bank or Mc Donald's (yea Right??)

Thecat23
13-01-2018, 02:12 PM
As I said in a previous post . there is s always some inside information or Good Source , is there not???

Do People ever give up spreading Gossip about Anthony Stokes

Stokes brings a lot of attention into himself if you speak to him you will know that. That care free attitude is what you could say has prevented him from playing at the highest level.

The boy has bags of talent and I for one will always be thankful for everything he done in that cup final. It’s Stokes himself who may find himself looking back wondering what could have been more than us missing him. He’s done alright this season but could do far better that’s for sure.

ismisebigo
13-01-2018, 03:19 PM
Stokes brings a lot of attention into himself if you speak to him you will know that. That care free attitude is what you could say has prevented him from playing at the highest level.

The boy has bags of talent and I for one will always be thankful for everything he done in that cup final. It’s Stokes himself who may find himself looking back wondering what could have been more than us missing him. He’s done alright this season but could do far better that’s for sure.

Why do you say he will "he will look back " somehow with regret " and believe me I know him quite well. has it never occurred to you and others, that he is happy where he is and does not need or want to be playing at a higher level as you say.

Why can't you and other Hib's fans just accept him as he is and leave it at that ?

Thecat23
13-01-2018, 03:27 PM
Why do you say he will "he will look back " somehow with regret " and believe me I know him quite well. has it never occurred to you and others, that he is happy where he is and does not need or want to be playing at a higher level as you say.

Why can't you and other Hib's fans just accept him as he is and leave it at that ?

You seem to be missing the point. That’s fair enough if he’s happy, but he could have done more in the game. I think you will also find I’m a fan of his as well so not quite sure what you mean!

I’ve met him couple of times myself, nice lad but as a pro he could have done so much more with his career.

ismisebigo
13-01-2018, 03:56 PM
You seem to be missing the point. That’s fair enough if he’s happy, but he could have done more in the game. I think you will also find I’m a fan of his as well so not quite sure what you mean!

I’ve met him couple of times myself, nice lad but as a pro he could have done so much more with his career.

Its you who is missing the point why cant you understand ITS UP to ANTHONY HOW HE PLAYS OUT HIS CAREER. Whether you think he could have done better or not, does not matter , That fact that you met him a couple of times means you don't know him at all . Anyway this is about people on here spreading lies rumors (whatever you want to call it)about Anthony and the amount of people who are happy to believe anything anybody says about him as long as its negative.

Thecat23
13-01-2018, 04:05 PM
Its you who is missing the point why cant you understand ITS UP to ANTHONY HOW HE PLAYS OUT HIS CAREER. Whether you think he could have done better or not, does not matter , That fact that you met him a couple of times means you don't know him at all . Anyway this is about people on here spreading lies rumors (whatever you want to call it)about Anthony and the amount of people who are happy to believe anything anybody says about him as long as its negative.

I never said I knew him, you need to calm yourself down. There has been some rubbish posted about him but I know there is stuff that is true. Folk will post these things whether you like it or not that’s forums for you.

ismisebigo
13-01-2018, 04:11 PM
Look, Anthony Stokes is a Hib's player. So why would anyone who claims to be a supporter bother posting stories like this with absolutely no evidence, and even if there was evidence, which in this case there is not, Why condemn one of your own players on a public forum? especially knowing that journalist and others who have an agenda either against the club or player will make the most of any stories posted on here. It makes no sense to me. Sometimes I don't know whether people are just plain stupid or just a lacking a little intelligence.

Not In The Know
13-01-2018, 04:27 PM
Look, Anthony Stokes is a Hib's player. So why would anyone who claims to be a supporter bother posting stories like this with absolutely no evidence, and even if there was evidence, which in this case there is not, Why condemn one of your own players on a public forum? especially knowing that journalist and others who have an agenda either against the club or player will make the most of any stories posted on here. It makes no sense to me. Sometimes I don't know whether people are just plain stupid or just a lacking a little intelligence.

Here Here!

With my career i could have gone to London and earned way more but it would effect my quality of life. I chose to stay in Scotland. Footballers are entitled to exactly the same choices.

And if del boy is professing to be an agent he should know better than posting hearsay on fans forums. Stirring before a derby maybe?

Rattle in a brace at tiny castle next week please Stoksie!

Golden Bear
13-01-2018, 04:28 PM

Or are attention seekers.

Sioux
13-01-2018, 04:29 PM

Nail on head.

IlDiavola
13-01-2018, 05:19 PM
It's a bandwagon that folk are going to jump on though.

Anthony Stokes caused said bandwagon to be built due to his off-pitch activities and that, coupled with his lack-lustre performances on the park, have added further fuel. He gets away with murder from a lot of our support because of THAT performance some 20 months ago.

I think he knows that though and, although some cut him some slack, others see through the charade.

We could replace him easily with a lower wage earner and someone who gives a damn about our club.

B.H.F.C
13-01-2018, 05:44 PM

Anthony Stokes caused said bandwagon to be built due to his off-pitch activities and that, coupled with his lack-lustre performances on the park, have added further fuel. He gets away with murder from a lot of our support because of THAT performance some 20 months ago.

I think he knows that though and, although some cut him some slack, others see through the charade.

We could replace him easily with a lower wage earner and someone who gives a damn about our club.

Or it's a bandwagon that people like you are all too happy to jump on.

Despite being in and out the team and certainly not at his best there are only 4 or 5 players who have actually scored more than him in the league with none of them (Boyd excepted) remotely in our price range. He's not irreplaceable but wouldnt be easily replaced at all.

sleeping giant
13-01-2018, 05:51 PM

Charade ?

Seriously?

IlDiavola
13-01-2018, 05:53 PM
Or it's a bandwagon that people like you are all too happy to jump on.

Despite being in and out the team and certainly not at his best there are only 4 or 5 players who have actually scored more than him in the league with none of them (Boyd excepted) remotely in our price range. He's not irreplaceable but wouldnt be easily replaced at all.

I can assure you, I am far from happy about the situation with Stokes and am equally unhappy about being accused of jumping on the bandwagon.

You're right however regarding the fact that he is not irreplaceable.

It's not that he's 'not at his best' as you put it, it's more like he doesn't try to DO his best.

IlDiavola
13-01-2018, 05:55 PM
Charade ?

Seriously?

Charade?

Maybe the wrong word I grant you.

How often do you leave a game and say 'Stokesy put in a right good shift the day'?

B.H.F.C
13-01-2018, 06:07 PM
I can assure you, I am far from happy about the situation with Stokes and am equally unhappy about being accused of jumping on the bandwagon.

You're right however regarding the fact that he is not irreplaceable.

It's not that he's 'not at his best' as you put it, it's more like he doesn't try to DO his best.

On the pitch I have no problem with Stokes's effort generally. Just because he doesn't run about like a headless chicken it doesn't mean he doesn't try. I think that type of criticism is lazier than Stokes is.

Happy to admit that he's not done as well as I'd expect but despite that he'll still end up with 20 goals or thereabouts. Do you really think that is easily replaceable? Especially for less money?

Some of the criticism is over the top. I've actually read some posts where I genuinely think people are almost willing him to do something wrong so they can say told you so. And, again, I write this as someone who doesn't for a minute think he's been brilliant this season.

IlDiavola
13-01-2018, 06:11 PM
On the pitch I have no problem with Stokes's effort generally. Just because he doesn't run about like a headless chicken it doesn't mean he doesn't try. I think that type of criticism is lazier than Stokes is.

Happy to admit that he's not done as well as I'd expect but despite that he'll still end up with 20 goals or thereabouts. Do you really think that is easily replaceable? Especially for less money?

Some of the criticism is over the top. I've actually read some posts where I genuinely think people are almost willing him to do something wrong so they can say told you so. And, again, I write this as someone who doesn't for a minute think he's been brilliant this season.

Fair enough BHFC :aok:

Not trying to get into an argument here at all. Thanks for debating my post.

Danderhall Hibs
13-01-2018, 06:22 PM
Unless, of course, something did happen...

No smoke without fire. 🔥

Kato
13-01-2018, 06:22 PM

I think his stats are about equal to that of the same stage of his first season here.

Eaststand
13-01-2018, 06:31 PM

That's my take on too mate.
It hacks me off when people who claim to be Hibbies, post negative rumours when there is no evidence to back it up. They then often try to back their original post up by adding,,....''and IF it is true'', blah de blah blah blah.
Most of it is absolute bollocks and attention seeking crap.

GGTTH

Borderhibbie76
13-01-2018, 06:33 PM

Some of the criticism is over the top. I've actually read some posts where I genuinely think people are almost willing him to do something wrong so they can say told you so. And, again, I write this as someone who doesn't for a minute think he's been brilliant this season.Your bang on the money mate...sick of hearing the stokes is lazy comments both in here and at matches. Think some would prefer we go back to the James Collins era of strikers that run about all day doing a whole lot of nothing

Thecat23
13-01-2018, 06:35 PM
Is there a category for us who think he’s just done alright but could do better without folk thinking we want him out?? 🤔

kaimendhibs
13-01-2018, 06:42 PM
At every single game I hear folk.moaning about Stokes workrate and effort, and I dont understand it at all. I dont see the lazyness people describe and some of the quality things he does are a joy to watch. I reckon he could do better at times but not through lack of effort. Having said all that, no player is immune from justified critism if off form etc. I dont believe the latest rumours and am glad we have him at Hibs.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

andy1875
13-01-2018, 06:47 PM
That's my take on too mate.
It hacks me off when people who claim to be Hibbies, post negative rumours when there is no evidence to back it up. They then often try to back their original post up by adding,,....''and IF it is true'', blah de blah blah blah.
Most of it is absolute bollocks and attention seeking crap.

GGTTH

Spot on.

The number of attention seeking posts seem to grow each day.

Every other thread now has more often than not, the same suspects spouting a load of nonsense.

Golden Bear
13-01-2018, 06:47 PM
What would be the chances of another Club wanting Stokes? Would he be in demand?

staunchhibby
13-01-2018, 06:52 PM
Some of stokesy touches are a joy just a pity some of the others are not in touch.

CentreLine
13-01-2018, 06:52 PM
Spot on.

The number of attention seeking posts seem to grow each day.

Every other thread now has more often than not, the same suspects spouting a load of nonsense.

Its the nature of social media sadly. It seems that everyone needs to be outraged at something and no amount of balancing comment will deflect from that. We are a club on an upward trajectory with so much to be positive about. It has not been this good since the all to short Tornadoes period. I do wish more people would love the club for it. There is a lot to be said for happy clappy 🤗

Humo
13-01-2018, 08:26 PM
Is there a category for us who think he’s just done alright but could do better without folk thinking we want him out?? [emoji848]I'm with you

Not In The Know
13-01-2018, 08:41 PM
Is there a category for us who think he’s just done alright but could do better without folk thinking we want him out?? 🤔

👍

dp00
14-01-2018, 11:38 AM
If this did happen and I think it never , but if it did the video hibs have just put on Facebook with George Craig about the training camp could quite possibly be a public message to them without naming them

Billy Whizz
14-01-2018, 11:40 AM
If this did happen and I think it never , but if it did the video hibs have just put on Facebook with George Craig about the training camp could quite possibly be a public message to them without naming them

What’s he saying

BarneyHibby
14-01-2018, 11:42 AM
Great interview with Stoksey. A very interesting article and worth reading.:agree:

​Anthony Stokes: Hibs cup win surpassed all I accomplished at Celtic.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/stokes-hibs-cup-win-surpassed-all-i-achieved-at-celtic-1-4660835

Allant1981
14-01-2018, 12:02 PM
What’s he saying

almost the exact same as what he said in the daily record interview at the training centre

matty_f
14-01-2018, 12:11 PM
I love Anthony Stokes. His performance in the Cup final was directly responsible for the best day I could ever have supporting Hibs.

As for doing better in his career, he's in his third spell at Hibs. That's about as good as it gets, imho.

I'd love to have had the career that Stokes has had.

SRHibs
14-01-2018, 12:39 PM
Great interview with Stoksey. A very interesting article and worth reading.:agree:

http://www.football-jerseys.co/stokes-hibs-cup-win-surpassed-all-i-accomplished-at-celtic/

That is horrible to read. Has it been stuck in Google Translate or something?

BegbieHSC
14-01-2018, 01:07 PM
Can we close this thread, please? It stinks of jambos disrespecting our players.

Cheeeeeeeeeers

SRHibs
14-01-2018, 01:19 PM
Can we close this thread, please? It stinks of jambos disrespecting our players.

Cheeeeeeeeeers

Na, you could just keep bumping it to call fellow Hibs fans jambos though!

FilipinoHibs
14-01-2018, 01:32 PM

I dreamed he a brace to knock them out

BarneyHibby
14-01-2018, 02:02 PM
That is horrible to read. Has it been stuck in Google Translate or something?How about this one?:wink: https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/competitions/scottish-cup/stokes-hibs-cup-win-surpassed-all-i-achieved-at-celtic-1-4660835

14-01-2018, 02:10 PM

Different Stokes for different folks.
:cb

staunchhibby
14-01-2018, 02:12 PM
Stil, no official comment re training camp shenanigans. Makes me think it was mischief making.Will apologuse if wrong though.

SonOfDavidFrancey
14-01-2018, 03:35 PM
That is horrible to read. Has it been stuck in Google Translate or something?
Some sort of weird con job. Football jerseys have taken the EEN article and run it through somE translate software to create synonyms. Easter Street!

Gettin' Auld
14-01-2018, 03:38 PM

http://www.football-jerseys.co/stokes-hibs-cup-win-surpassed-all-i-accomplished-at-celtic/

It's certainly 'interesting', that's for sure. What language was it written in?

Bookkeeper
14-01-2018, 03:54 PM

Now we know where Cathro went :greengrin

Gettin' Auld
14-01-2018, 04:00 PM
Now we know where Cathro went :greengrin

:top marks

BarneyHibby
14-01-2018, 04:17 PM
It's certainly 'interesting', that's for sure. What language was it written in?I have no idea i found it on twitter:greengrin

Read the original article here: https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/stokes-hibs-cup-win-surpassed-all-i-achieved-at-celtic-1-4660835

IlDiavola
14-01-2018, 04:34 PM

Well said Cat :aok:

That is exactly what I have been trying to get over for days now.

IlDiavola
14-01-2018, 04:39 PM

Cheeeeeeeeeers

I don't think anyone is 'disrespecting' any of our players. Folk (myself included) are making valid points about some Hibs players on a Hibs fansite.

Surely that's what it's here for?

Should everyone just say everything and everyone in the garden is rosy even if they don't think it is?

IlDiavola
14-01-2018, 04:40 PM

:top marks

andrew70
14-01-2018, 10:35 PM
Confirmed on Twitter this evening. Very surprised in Swanson to be honest.

Stokesy's on fire
14-01-2018, 10:37 PM
Confirmed on Twitter this evening. Very surprised in Swanson to be honest.

By who?

Heisenberg
14-01-2018, 10:38 PM
https://t.co/GGNROphVkw?amp=1

B.H.F.C
14-01-2018, 10:39 PM
Daily Record running the story.

Poor from the players. Swanson especially given he's just got over his injury and Portugal was apparently going to be the turning point.

Stokesy's on fire
14-01-2018, 10:40 PM
Daily Record running the story.

Poor from the players. Swanson especially given he's just got over his injury and Portugal was apparently going to be the turning point.

The daily record? I dont buy that rag for a reason.

wookie70
14-01-2018, 10:44 PM
Not great and worse still if it happened when Lennon was away but I can't imagine it will be too big a problem.

macca70
14-01-2018, 10:45 PM
Story on Evening news site just now.

Says they were made to train on there own and left out the squad for the Willem game.

Back training with the squad as normal this week at east mains.

macca70
14-01-2018, 10:47 PM
Not great and worse still if it happened when Lennon was away but I can't imagine it will be too big a problem.

Lennon left Wednesday during the day and returned Friday for the game.

Think it happened Wednesday night.

Sir David Gray
14-01-2018, 10:47 PM
Extremely poor professionalism from all three.

Very disappointing.

SteveHFC
14-01-2018, 10:48 PM
On evening news site too

DavidDavidGray
14-01-2018, 10:48 PM
Think a fair few owe delboy an apology

Heisenberg
14-01-2018, 10:52 PM
Stokes needs to stop taking the piss and get on with being a footballer for Hibs. Second time this season he’s had to be disciplined and regularly late for training.

14-01-2018, 11:00 PM
Disappointing from all three, especially Swanson who should be knuckling down and fighting to get back fit and in the team. Glad though to see Lennon taking a tough stance on it though, they've completely disrespected him.

Stokes needs to buck up his ideas, hardly the first time he's been involved in nonsense. I love Stokes but his attitude is seriously questionable at times and I get the impression that he's got a big ego.

Hopefully all three have taken their punishment, apologized and are back knuckling down to go out and repay Lennon and the club in the derby.

dp00
14-01-2018, 11:01 PM
As I said earlier makes sense that George Craig’s chat about the trip on Facebook has info about being professional ect in it

Nakedmanoncrack
14-01-2018, 11:03 PM
P**s poor really, complete lack of respect shown.

Thecat23
14-01-2018, 11:04 PM
Oh this can’t be true... I was told it’s all a lot of crap 🤔

I think we may hear more than just what’s In this story!!

Sergio sledge
14-01-2018, 11:04 PM
Lennon left Wednesday during the day and returned Friday for the game.

Think it happened Wednesday night.

It happened on Tuesday night as the players had Wednesday off. Lennon left on Wednesday, so he was still there when it happened.

Players have been stupid staying up drinking in the hotel bar a bit too long by the sounds of it. Disappointing but not a huge deal in my book. They've been disciplined and that should be it. Stokes has to be careful though, that's two incidents already this season.

14-01-2018, 11:12 PM
It happened on Tuesday night as the players had Wednesday off. Lennon left on Wednesday, so he was still there when it happened.

Players have been stupid staying up drinking in the hotel bar a bit too long by the sounds of it. Disappointing but not a huge deal in my book. They've been disciplined and that should be it. Stokes has to be careful though, that's two incidents already this season.

It's certainly not the most heinous crime in the world but this is a trip paid for by the club for work and training purposes, not a holiday. Lennon would have been quite within his rights to say absolutely no drinking at all but clearly he's tried to cut them a wee bit of slack and say they can go for a couple of beers on their time off. The managers good will and trust has been abused which is really disappointing.

Hopefully, as I mentioned before, the players accept what they did was wrong and we can move on but still pretty poor to hear these sort of things. Stokes has already been on the wrong side of Lennon this season, he seriously needs to watch what he's doing because Lennons patience I'd imagine will be starting to wear a bit thin.

we are hibs
14-01-2018, 11:15 PM
Stokes needs to stop taking the piss and get on with being a footballer for Hibs. Second time this season he’s had to be disciplined and regularly late for training.

Stokes has been late for training since time began. Was happening well before his third spell at the club so no one at the club should've been shocked by this.

Sioux
14-01-2018, 11:55 PM
Oh this can’t be true... I was told it’s all a lot of crap 🤔

I think we may hear more than just what’s In this story!!

Here we go. Can't wait for the 'real' story to be made up and posted on here. This could grow arms and legs.

Delboy4
15-01-2018, 12:13 AM
Think a fair few owe delboy an apology

Thank you SDG.

You know, I really was hoping that it wasn’t true when posted but hey ho, things happen!

It sounds as it is over and done with so we just need to knuckle down and put those Jambos out the cup, again!

GGTTH

15-01-2018, 12:17 AM
Here we go. Can't wait for the 'real' story to be made up and posted on here. This could grow arms and legs.

Real story is - "journalist" gets his stories from fans forum without fact checking. Who'd have thunk?

The_Horde
15-01-2018, 12:19 AM
Thank you SDG.

You know, I really was hoping that it wasn’t true when posted but hey ho, things happen!

It sounds as it is over and done with so we just need to knuckle down and put those Jambos out the cup, again!

GGTTH

Take it Maclaren defo wasn't a part of it and IS injured?

Delboy4
15-01-2018, 12:28 AM
Take it Maclaren defo wasn't a part of it and IS injured?

I wasn’t given McLarens name at the time so he must have a slight niggle what they reported in the papers.

NAE NOOKIE
15-01-2018, 03:24 AM
As others have said this isn't the end of the world, players have been doing this since Moses was a boy and I dare say it will always happen. What does bug me about this is the timing and the identity of two of the players involved.

Anthony Stokes has already had issues at East Mains this season and now this. By his own admission he could be playing better so its time he screwed the nut and stopped acting like a 19 year old ... actually that's disrespectful to the 19 year olds on our books who appear to be far more professional than him, apologies to them.
Danny Swanson has barely kicked a ball for us this season due to injuries, but also personal issues which it appears Hibs have been ( rightly ) happy to accommodate ... now this guy who is desperately in need of game time misses out on a possible 90 minutes because he is being disciplined by the club. Hardly ideal from a guy supposed to be playing for his dream club and hardly a show of gratitude to an employer who have stood by him either.

This is in the lead up to a game every Hibs fan is desperate for us to win for obvious reasons .... any disruption in the camp, no matter how slight is not welcome.

I make no apologies for getting back on to Stokes. A poster further back in the thread was extremely defensive of him, the impression was that he knew "Anthony" personally. In his tirade he defended Stokes career, especially from the angle that even if it was the case that Stokes certainly could still be playing at a higher level for far more money it didn't matter because 'he is happy where he is and that's all that really matters to him'

Well I'm happy that 'Anthony' is happy, but the point here is that just because the player isn't bothered about bigger and better things doesn't mean he shouldn't be concentrating every effort towards giving his absolute best to this club on and off the park. He has been dropped for one league game already for disciplinary reasons and now hasn't fully partaken in an expensive training camp for disciplinary reasons and given these facts it seems there is little reason to doubt the claims elsewhere on here that he is continually late for training.

Perhaps somebody ( the poster who seems to know him so well perhaps ) should bring two things to his attention:

1) ..... The money we are paying him is no doubt the highest wage we pay anybody and that is money we need to get the absolute best return for. For it we should expect to get maximum professionalism ... we once had one of the top 10 players in world football history on the books of this club and he was on a pay as you play contract ... perhaps we now have a player who should be on a pay if you behave yourself contract.

2) The money that NAE NOOKIE pays out every season following this club comes from an annual income that Mr Stokes probably earns in a fortnight playing for Hibs and that's no exaggeration. Not only him but any other player who doesn't think total dedication to success on the pitch is worth the effort for a mere three grand a week should remember that folk like me make sacrifices to follow this club, sacrifices that ultimately contribute towards their earnings, which begs the question, if they cant be arsed why the hell should folk like me?

Stokesy's on fire
15-01-2018, 03:44 AM
As others have said this isn't the end of the world, players have been doing this since Moses was a boy and I dare say it will always happen. What does bug me about this is the timing and the identity of two of the players involved.

Anthony Stokes has already had issues at East Mains this season and now this. By his own admission he could be playing better so its time he screwed the nut and stopped acting like a 19 year old ... actually that's disrespectful to the 19 year olds on our books who appear to be far more professional than him, apologies to them.
Danny Swanson has barely kicked a ball for us this season due to injuries, but also personal issues which it appears Hibs have been ( rightly ) happy to accommodate ... now this guy who is desperately in need of game time misses out on a possible 90 minutes because he is being disciplined by the club. Hardly ideal from a guy supposed to be playing for his dream club and hardly a show of gratitude to an employer who have stood by him either.

This is in the lead up to a game every Hibs fan is desperate for us to win for obvious reasons .... any disruption in the camp, no matter how slight is not welcome.

I make no apologies for getting back on to Stokes. A poster further back in the thread was extremely defensive of him, the impression was that he knew "Anthony" personally. In his tirade he defended Stokes career, especially from the angle that even if it was the case that Stokes certainly could still be playing at a higher level for far more money it didn't matter because 'he is happy where he is and that's all that really matters to him'

Well I'm happy that 'Anthony' is happy, but the point here is that just because the player isn't bothered about bigger and better things doesn't mean he shouldn't be concentrating every effort towards giving his absolute best to this club on and off the park. He has been dropped for one league game already for disciplinary reasons and now hasn't fully partaken in an expensive training camp for disciplinary reasons and given these facts it seems there is little reason to doubt the claims elsewhere on here that he is continually late for training.

Perhaps somebody ( the poster who seems to know him so well perhaps ) should bring two things to his attention:

1) ..... The money we are paying him is no doubt the highest wage we pay anybody and that is money we need to get the absolute best return for. For it we should expect to get maximum professionalism ... we once had one of the top 10 players in world football history on the books of this club and he was on a pay as you play contract ... perhaps we now have a player who should be on a pay if you behave yourself contract.

2) The money that NAE NOOKIE pays out every season following this club comes from an annual income that Mr Stokes probably earns in a fortnight playing for Hibs and that's no exaggeration. Not only him but any other player who doesn't think total dedication to success on the pitch is worth the effort for a mere three grand a week should remember that folk like me make sacrifices to follow this club, sacrifices that ultimately contribute towards their earnings, which begs the question, if they cant be arsed why the hell should folk like me?

Spot on

15-01-2018, 04:03 AM

Very good post, agree with every word :top marks

Stuart93
15-01-2018, 06:19 AM
Stokes seems like he's causing more problems than he's worth imo, this can't be good for team morale at all.

Libby Hibby
15-01-2018, 06:27 AM
Real story is - "journalist" gets his stories from fans forum without fact checking. Who'd have thunk?

Was David Hardie (Evening News) in Portugal with the squad? If he was, the timing of the story has most probably been in agreement with the club.

Delboy4 on the mark yet again, a few apologies are due.

Pretty Boy
15-01-2018, 06:46 AM
If the EEN are running the story there's a more than decent chance it's true. Given the relationship they have with Hibs it's not in their interests to make it up. As said above it would be no surprise if the timing of it being run has been agreed with the club.

2nd time in a few weeks someone has posted info about an issue behind the scenes and been absolutely slaughtered before being proven to be correct. Wonder if many will be big enough to apologise this time.

Phil MaGlass
15-01-2018, 06:51 AM
I really dont get it, its typical Scottish football player mentality, its not a bloody holiday its a training camp, where supporters money is being used to pay for. The getting regular pished Scottish players does ma f,n heid in. Keep off the bevvy become fitter,faster and a model professional. our players in Scotland really dont have a bloody clue. Is it any wonder the rest of the world look down on us and were not producing the great players we should be and our games lagging behind countries we wouldnt normally give a second glance at. If as mentioned Stokes is becoming a bad influence on the team then he needs tae go.

Northernhibee
15-01-2018, 06:51 AM
Stokes has been late for training since time began. Was happening well before his third spell at the club so no one at the club should've been shocked by this.

No one should be accepting of this either.

JimBHibees
15-01-2018, 07:00 AM
Really does beggar belief manager allows them a few beers and a day off and some take a liberty. As said above shocking timing given the derby. Think it may be time to cut losses with Stokes as he sure isn't worth it at the moment given his up and down performances. Thought he was poor in the last derby can we be sure he will be any better in this one.

Brightside
15-01-2018, 07:01 AM
I wish we could find someone that would buy Stokes off us.

neil7908
15-01-2018, 08:14 AM
Cheers to the poster who originally stuck their neck out to put their info up.

I honestly can't understand why some were having a go. Surely one of the points of a site like this is to pass on stuff (good and bad) that you hear about the club?

It's then up to others to decide what they believe but some of the stuff on here having a go was crazy.

If we can't talk, speculate and discuss about the club I'm not sure what the pont of this site is!

Stuart93
15-01-2018, 08:17 AM

Agreed, would be apprehensive to let him go if he's was performing week in week out.

johnbc70
15-01-2018, 08:32 AM

Nobody will pay money for him. Best all round would be a mutual agreement, he said in recent interview he had offers from China and India, he should go there and make a few pounds then in a few years when he retires he can open a pub.

neil7908
15-01-2018, 08:38 AM

Sad to say I'm beginning to feel the same way. I'd like to see him given the rest of the season but come summer if his attitude and form haven't improved we should be looking to move him on somehow. I expect that won't be easy though.

Stokes and Sawnson seem to be getting the most flak from this but disappointed in Boyle. He's had another alcohol related transgression not so long ago so really needs to be careful.

we are hibs
15-01-2018, 08:39 AM
No one should be accepting of this either.

As as long as he turns up on a Saturday and helps us win games then who seriously cares? you get the feeling people would rather see us lose on Sunday and stokes to have a stinker just so they can say they told you so. It's embarrassing.

RossScott1991
15-01-2018, 08:39 AM
Stokes taking most the flak on here as of course he has previous. However I'm actually most disappointed in Danny Swanson. Considering his hibs career has yet to get started you have to question his brain cells. He should be knuckling down trying to force himself into the managers thoughts.

(all 3 as bad as each other of course. Boyle just had a holiday in Dubai before last week which would have been chance for a few beers. Silly laddie.)

we are hibs
15-01-2018, 08:45 AM

What about Swanson and Boyle? Or does that not fit in with your agenda against stokes?

People forgetting that's twice Boyle has been in the media for the wrong reasons in the last few months.

staunchhibby
15-01-2018, 08:48 AM
As said earlier i apologise for having doubts the training camp shenanigans now we know its true.

Brightside
15-01-2018, 08:52 AM
What about Swanson and Boyle? Or does that not fit in with your agenda against stokes?

People forgetting that's twice Boyle has been in the media for the wrong reasons in the last few months.

I've no agenda. Stokes is in constant bother for football / training matters. He put in a good performance 1 in every 4 and we get a 400 msg thread about how he is the 2nd coming. If Boyle performed so poorly id expect plenty would want rid of him too.

Pretty Boy
15-01-2018, 08:55 AM
I'm disappointed in all of them but the article does stress it wasn't a serious breach of discipline. We could realistically be talking about grabbing 1 last pint and being 20 minutes late. I think in these situations it's the breach of trust that is the problem, they've been given a bit freedom and have taken advantage.

A few years ago I went on a work trip to Italy. It was in the summer and enjoying a drink as much as anyone I went along with a few other guys and had a beer in the main square of the town. About 10.30 most of us called it a night as we had a mornings work and then a lunch put on by our hosts. A couple of guys took the absolute piss and stayed out until the small hours ordering cocktails and shots on the company account. They both spent the next morning throwing up and were a total embarrassment. It led to the rules around trips away being changed for everyone and a fair few people weren't happy with them. I'm not saying anything like that happened with the players here but if free time is restricted on future trips I'm sure they won't be popular for that.

we are hibs
15-01-2018, 08:57 AM
I've no agenda. Stokes is in constant bother for football / training matters. He put in a good performance 1 in every 4 and we get a 400 msg thread about how he is the 2nd coming. If Boyle performed so poorly id expect plenty would want rid of him too.

1 in 4 games. Very good. Load of pish. It's clear you have no clue what you're talking about so we will leave it there.

Northernhibee
15-01-2018, 09:00 AM
As as long as he turns up on a Saturday and helps us win games then who seriously cares? you get the feeling people would rather see us lose on Sunday and stokes to have a stinker just so they can say they told you so. It's embarrassing.

He's been bang average - at best - this season and he's taking the piss out of us with his abysmal attitude.

Some people are more info supporting the celebrity of a couple of our staff than Hibs itself. THAT is embarrassing.

we are hibs
15-01-2018, 09:06 AM
He's been bang average - at best - this season and he's taking the piss out of us with his abysmal attitude.

Some people are more info supporting the celebrity of a couple of our staff than Hibs itself. THAT is embarrassing.

People know what stokes is like, it shouldn't come as a shock to people. He was signed to score goals and he's doing that. hes not been bang average. I'll concede he has the ability to have scored more which he's admitted but Bang average players don't have 11 goals by January and on target for 20. hes not perfect, but he never has been and if he was he wouldn't be anywhere near hibs. If he scores on Sunday the same people getting on his back will be calling him the best thing since sliced bread.

Golden Bear
15-01-2018, 09:07 AM
Sometimes it becomes impossible to continually defend the indefensible, let's cut our losses and do whats need to be done.

Stuart93
15-01-2018, 09:08 AM
1 in 4 games. Very good. Load of pish. It's clear you have no clue what you're talking about so we will leave it there.

I agree. It's actually about 1 in 6 games.

Borderhibbie76
15-01-2018, 09:09 AM
Stokes taking most the flak on here as of course he has previous. However I'm actually most disappointed in Danny Swanson. Considering his hibs career has yet to get started you have to question his brain cells. He should be knuckling down trying to force himself into the managers thoughts.

(all 3 as bad as each other of course. Boyle just had a holiday in Dubai before last week which would have been chance for a few beers. Silly laddie.)Your spot on...stokes taking the Brunt of it on here...no shocks there right enough but at least stokes and Boyle have contributed on the field this season. Shocking from Swanson who has done very little to justify is signing him so far but he's one of our own so gets an easy ride off many in here. Yes I know there have been co tributing factors to his stop start season but come on...he's done nothing for us so far and then breaks a curfew!!!

Firestarter
15-01-2018, 09:42 AM

Ahem.

Lago
15-01-2018, 09:49 AM

Your right, both of them spent time in Dubai pictured having a good time, quite right too, but when it's back to work its time to get down to it. As you say Boyle has had some bad publicity and Swanson has been well looked after by Hibs even though he has hardly kicked a ball so far this season. It's really disappointing all round.

ancient hibee
15-01-2018, 10:00 AM
Disappointing.Stokes already on a warning.Swanson experienced pro,done nothing since he arrived and given massive support by the club.Boyle just been given a new contract.There’s one thing certain about footballers.If you treat them like adults they will always let you down.

H18S NX
15-01-2018, 10:02 AM

Nailed it m8.

ajf
15-01-2018, 10:23 AM
Congratulations Delboy4 you took some abuse unfortunately but came good again :top marks

mcohibs
15-01-2018, 11:02 AM
He who dares wins Delboy 👍

JDHibs
15-01-2018, 11:05 AM
Few folk owing the OP an apology.

The joys of football forums.

lord bunberry
15-01-2018, 11:48 AM

:agree: Some posters should seriously have a word with themselves. I had no idea if the op was right or wrong, but I wouldn’t be calling someone a liar unless I knew 100% that they were lying. The fact that the op has been right with his info a few times before should’ve been enough to cut the guy a bit of slack.

Firestarter
15-01-2018, 11:55 AM
:agree: Some posters should seriously have a word with themselves. I had no idea if the op was right or wrong, but I wouldn’t be calling someone a liar unless I knew 100% that they were lying. The fact that the op has been right with his info a few times before should’ve been enough to cut the guy a bit of slack.

That doesn't seem to be the law around here though just now.

Slated and questioned until proven correct then silence.

Delboy was sticking his neck on the line to discuss with us the support and was ripped to bits. A little shameful.

G B Young
15-01-2018, 12:05 PM

Happy to apologise. It just seemed too much of a coincidence that the joke post on the match thread named the same three players and led me to believe the whole thing was wind-up gone mad.

mjhibby
15-01-2018, 12:16 PM

Totally agree. Incidents happen all the time at clubs and the vast majority stay in house. The fact that we make these things public in the run up to the Derby baffles me. I'm not interested in what happens between games. That's up to the management team to deal with and I'm sure they will. I'm only interested in how they do at the pbs. Most footballers aren't renowned for having high iqs and a certain Mr best was a bit of a rascal but boy he played on the Saturday. My only focus is on Sunday.

WeeRussell
15-01-2018, 12:24 PM

hahaaha - it's like something off of Soccer AM - "Easter Street" haha

Peevemor
15-01-2018, 12:33 PM
Totally agree. Incidents happen all the time at clubs and the vast majority stay in house. The fact that we make these things public in the run up to the Derby baffles me. I'm not interested in what happens between games. That's up to the management team to deal with and I'm sure they will. I'm only interested in how they do at the pbs. Most footballers aren't renowned for having high iqs and a certain Mr best was a bit of a rascal but boy he played on the Saturday. My only focus is on Sunday.

I don't think the club made it public. The EEN report is very vague and reads like David Hardie quizzed George Craig and got a short, stock answer - dealt with "“in line with the club’s disciplinary procedures” being the only direct quote.

In any case, I think some people on here are going way OTT about this. We can't have things all ways - the 'gallusness" that we all love to see on the pitch is the same thing that, for certain players, wil get them into trouble now and again with the gaffer.

G B Young
15-01-2018, 12:35 PM

Without wishing to generalise, you have to imagine that that's a big factor in such behaviour. Contrast the behaviour of so many players who end up hitting the headlines for the wrong reasons with, say, top tennis players. When have you ever read about Andy Murray or Roger Federer arriving for training the worse for wear? Perhaps it's down to being an individual sport, but these guys are clearly focused on being the best they can be in their chosen career, including looking after their health, and the way Federer in particular has been able to prolong his career at the very top is an example to any sportsman or woman.

If not solely down to a low IQ, why do so few footballers seem dedicated to making the very most of a short career?

SirDavidsNapper
15-01-2018, 12:37 PM

(all 3 as bad as each other of course. Boyle just had a holiday in Dubai before last week which would have been chance for a few beers. Silly laddie.)

I don't think Swanson is the sharpest tbh. The whole "didn't try for Hearts" thing dispite him claiming to be a jambo when he signed for them was a bit cringy and worried me a bit when we signed him. There was also the incident last season when he was fighting on the park. Stokes needs to step up too. He can't rest on his cup final performance. For me Swanson and Stokes need to shape up or ship out.

WeeRussell
15-01-2018, 12:38 PM

Good point. But Stokes has previous (which now apparently is proof that all the other rumours going around are true as well) so let's empty him and forget about Boyle (a fan favourite who works hard). Or we could let those that know the full details of the incident and the parts of those involved do what they're paid to do and handle it, move on and get prepared to beat Hearts on Sunday.. with our best players involved.

Stokes remains one of the best players we have in the squad... or have had in the squad in a few year for that matter. The desire to jump on his back at any given opportunity (and now want rid of him!!) by some is baffling!!

All opinions though.

Sammy7nil
15-01-2018, 01:07 PM

That is the point no one cares IF we win but if we don't ?

loanheadhibby
15-01-2018, 01:09 PM
I don't think Swanson is the sharpest tbh. The whole "didn't try for Hearts" thing dispite him claiming to be a jambo when he signed for them was a bit cringy and worried me a bit when we signed him. There was also the incident last season when he was fighting on the park. Stokes needs to step up too. He can't rest on his cup final performance. For me Swanson and Stokes need to shape up or ship out.

I know the laddie has had his off field issues, but Swanson been a disaster of a signing. Was really looking forward to seeing him do his stuff as well.

To be fair, don't think any of the 3 of them are the sharpest tools.

SirDavidsNapper
15-01-2018, 01:17 PM
I know the laddie has had his off field issues, but Swanson been a disaster of a signing. Was really looking forward to seeing him do his stuff as well.

To be fair, don't think any of the 3 of them are the sharpest tools.Yup. If the boy wasn't a Hibby he'd be seen as a dud of a signing.

NAE NOOKIE
15-01-2018, 01:28 PM

Disappointment has already been expressed by a number of posters in Swanson's part in this and all have given the same reasons as to why.

To an extent Boyle has been given an easier ride for two reasons. 1) He has been a regular on the pitch this season and when he plays his attitude and commitment are first class. 2) His previous transgression, though one which would attract disapproval from any employer, happened in his own time not the clubs, it didn't disrupt the day to day workings of the team and didn't contradict a direct instruction from the manager.

The fact of the matter when it comes to Stokes is that setting aside his legendary status at this club, which will remain in place forever, no matter what he does in this latest spell here, he has underperformed on the park in a majority of his games. His contribution and goals return in games where players like him should be the difference is to be kind average .... I don't want lectures about his 'total' either .... for Hibs to ramp up goals against the opponents we had in our League cup group or from the penalty spot shouldn't require a player of Stokes undoubted talent, that's not why we bust a gut to bring him here.

Do you think fans of Man Utd or the club for that matter would think Romelu Lukaku was £75,000,000 well spent if his goals return in the league was 3 from open play and 3 penalties after 22 matches, do you think they would be impressed by an actual total of 11 goals if 4 had come in the League cup and 3 from the penalty spot .... I don't think so. For a club of our size and resources what we pay Stokes and what we are entitled to expect from him in return makes him our equivalent of Lukaku.

Stokes is at this club because a player like him playing to his potential should be the difference in games against Celtic, The Rangers, Hearts and Aberdeen, not the difference against Partick Thistle, Ross County or Livingston. Apart from a decent performance against Celtic at Hampden before going off injured he has failed to make a dent in any of our 8 big league games this season and in fact his impetuousness at Ibrox could well have seen him sent off. He should be looking at his contribution seriously when he sees an untested kid with two goals against Celtic, one against Hearts ( even if the ref missed it ) and one against Kilmarnock from less than a quarter of the game time he has had.

The bottom line is this ..... I do not and never have had an agenda against Anthony Stokes, though I'm happy to admit I wasn't jumping around my living room when he signed because I was worried that the 'personal issues' which had kept him out of a Blackburn team that desperately needed goals would follow him to Easter Road. Not to mention the fact that most of his performances for us prior to the cup final hadn't exactly been inspirational. But I was more than willing to give him a chance, especially considering what he did for us in that final ... I love a hero as much as the next fitba fan.

So far my assessment of him is that though you could hardly call him a disaster he has failed to deliver what was hoped for from him. If Anthony Stokes wants to play the part of the 'flawed genius' that's fine by me .... but he should take a look at the history of football, folk are willing to tolerate the flaws only for so long as the genius part keeps pace with them and its clear from this thread and others that this latest episode, even if it was minor, has folk beginning to think that its time we read less about the flaws and saw a bit more of the genius, including folk who previously were quick to jump to his defence.

Golden Bear
15-01-2018, 01:36 PM
Disappointment has already been expressed by a number of posters in Swanson's part in this and all have given the same reasons as to why.

To an extent Boyle has been given an easier ride for two reasons. 1) He has been a regular on the pitch this season and when he plays his attitude and commitment are first class. 2) His previous transgression, though one which would attract disapproval from any employer, happened in his own time not the clubs, it didn't disrupt the day to day workings of the team and didn't contradict a direct instruction from the manager.

The fact of the matter when it comes to Stokes is that setting aside his legendary status at this club, which will remain in place forever, no matter what he does in this latest spell here, he has underperformed on the park in a majority of his games. His contribution and goals return in games where players like him should be the difference is to be kind average .... I don't want lectures about his 'total' either .... for Hibs to ramp up goals against the opponents we had in our League cup group or from the penalty spot shouldn't require a player of Stokes undoubted talent, that's not why we bust a gut to bring him here.

Do you think fans of Man Utd or the club for that matter would think Romelu Lukaku was £75,000,000 well spent if his goals return in the league was 3 from open play and 3 penalties after 22 matches, do you think they would be impressed by an actual total of 11 goals if 4 had come in the League cup and 3 from the penalty spot .... I don't think so. For a club of our size and resources what we pay Stokes and what we are entitled to expect from him in return makes him our equivalent of Lukaku.

Stokes is at this club because a player like him playing to his potential should be the difference in games against Celtic, The Rangers, Hearts and Aberdeen, not the difference against Partick Thistle, Ross County or Livingston. Apart from a decent performance against Celtic at Hampden before going off injured he has failed to make a dent in any of our 8 big league games this season and in fact his impetuousness at Ibrox could well have seen him sent off. He should be looking at his contribution seriously when he sees an untested kid with two goals against Celtic, one against Hearts ( even if the ref missed it ) and one against Kilmarnock from less than a quarter of the game time he has had.

The bottom line is this ..... I do not and never have had an agenda against Anthony Stokes, though I'm happy to admit I wasn't jumping around my living room when he signed because I was worried that the 'personal issues' which had kept him out of a Blackburn team that desperately needed goals would follow him to Easter Road. Not to mention the fact that most of his performances for us prior to the cup final hadn't exactly been inspirational. But I was more than willing to give him a chance, especially considering what he did for us in that final ... I love a hero as much as the next fitba fan.

So far my assessment of him is that though you could hardly call him a disaster he has failed to deliver what was hoped for from him. If Anthony Stokes wants to play the part of the 'flawed genius' that's fine by me .... but he should take a look at the history of football, folk are willing to tolerate the flaws only for so long as the genius part keeps pace with them and its clear from this thread and others that this latest episode, even if it was minor, have folk beginning to think that its time we read less about the flaws and saw a bit more of the genius, including folk who previously were quick to jump to his defence.

Excellent. Your last paragraph sums it up perfectly for me. We (the fans) contribute significantly towards the players wages so for that reason alone we are entitled to voice our displeasure if the players are being seen to act unprofessionally or not giving their all whilst on the park.

jacomo
15-01-2018, 02:05 PM
Disappointing.Stokes already on a warning.Swanson experienced pro,done nothing since he arrived and given massive support by the club.Boyle just been given a new contract.There’s one thing certain about footballers.If you treat them like adults they will always let you down.

:agree:

Personally can’t understand why any of them are drinking this week.

Does Andy Murray go away for a training camp and think ‘great, time to get the beers in?’ They are supposed to be professional sportsmen ffs.