PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: MATCHDAY CATERING JOB VACANCIES

RSS Bot
11-01-2018, 11:20 AM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/8313)

Brightside
11-01-2018, 12:10 PM
Must be able to take 45 mins to figure out how much 3 pies and bovril costs.

lyonhibs
11-01-2018, 12:45 PM
A mastery of the "lights are on but no-ones home" look is a distinct advantage.

NthCarolinaHibs
11-01-2018, 12:52 PM
Able to look at a heating control on an oven,full of pies,and have it at its lowest setting..

Big_Franck
11-01-2018, 12:57 PM
Considering a lot of the catering staff are teenagers doing their first job I think these posts are harsh. No need for the cheap digs at kids.

SRHibs
11-01-2018, 12:59 PM
Considering a lot of the catering staff are teenagers doing their first job I think these posts are harsh. No need for the cheap digs at kids.

Yeah, the problem isn’t with the kids. Clearly whoever is in charge of training is the problem.

easty
11-01-2018, 01:00 PM

A joke is a joke, it doesn't always have to be having a dig at someone.

Hibee Mac
11-01-2018, 01:03 PM

They're just taking the mick no harm done.

I once had someone use a calculator to work out 2 X £2.70.

Golden Bear
11-01-2018, 01:10 PM
Doesn't help when the cash tills are not working, it seems to be a frequent occurrence recently.

yonder1875
11-01-2018, 03:12 PM

Correct.

Brightside
11-01-2018, 03:22 PM
If you are going to take a shop job even as a kid you should be able to do a bit of mental arithmetic. If they can;t do it they shouldnt be taken on.

Kojock
11-01-2018, 03:30 PM
Couple of seasons back my bro asked for a pie and a bovril, £5.50 was the reply. Bro points to a sign "meal deal, pie and bovril £5", I know said the assistant but you didn't ask for a meal deal. lol

Billy Whizz
11-01-2018, 06:48 PM
Last home game, the wee lad I take, gave a £20 to the assistant and ordered a pizza and a coke
Came back with both and £22 in change
I took it back and squared up with her

SChibs
11-01-2018, 08:29 PM
Last home game, the wee lad I take, gave a £20 to the assistant and ordered a pizza and a coke
Came back with both and £22 in change
I took it back and squared up with her

Who won the fight and why were you so angry she gave you more money?

I'm_cabbaged
11-01-2018, 08:32 PM

😂😂😂😂

Billy Whizz
11-01-2018, 08:34 PM

Ha ha, just read what I posted
You know what I meant

Scouse Hibee
11-01-2018, 08:35 PM
I was raging at last home game, had my usual pre match 8 pies but had to wash it down with full fat coke as no diet coke was available.

NAE NOOKIE
11-01-2018, 11:17 PM
I do feel sorry for the catering staff at times, as stated previously most of them are just kids and I'm willing to bet for the vast majority of them this is their first go at working under pressure, as serving 30 folk who have all decided to queue up 10 minutes before kick off and want served before 3pm must be. The same at half time where they have a maximum of 15 minutes to serve dozens of folk.

The only thing that bothers me about the catering is that for some reason the staff don't appear to be able to tell the difference between a mince pie and a steak pie ..... I agree they both look the same, but I expect the staff to know which oven they are kept in, I presume they are in separate shelves at least. At least 3 times a season I bite into my pie to find the steak I ordered has turned into mince ... twice this season already :grr:

The only time I have ever bothered to return my pie is the day not only had my steak pie turned into a mince pie, but my Bovril had turned into coffee, a drink I hate with a passion, I nearly spat my first sip over the poor guy in the row in front of me :greengrin

SChibs
12-01-2018, 09:12 AM
Ha ha, just read what I posted
You know what I meant

Sorry I couldn't resist!

Ross4356
12-01-2018, 10:44 AM
Does anyone know if we plan to take catering in-house

danhibees1875
12-01-2018, 11:09 AM
Does anyone know if we plan to take catering in-house

It's been discussed for so long that I thought it had already happened. I'm maybe confusing myself with the shop though.

I think we should be looking to do it. I understand how it wouldn't have been anywhere near the front of our thoughts the last 3 years though.

snedzuk
12-01-2018, 11:48 AM
Must be able to take 45 mins to figure out how much 3 pies and bovril costs.

Is that 3 pies and 1 bovril or 3 bovrils and what kind of pies?

Oh - and can we get the soup that takes 30 mins to put in a cup back!

snedzuk
12-01-2018, 11:54 AM
I was raging at last home game, had my usual pre match 8 pies but had to wash it down with full fat coke as no diet coke was available.

I went to burger king with a mate once who ordered a triple deck special burger, double cheese burger and a small hamburger and a diet coke!

There was a sign at the end of the counter that said 'have we met your expectations today' and the server pointed at it quizzically - mate responds 'yeah I expected it to be ***** and it was'

Beefster
12-01-2018, 12:07 PM
I do feel sorry for the catering staff at times, as stated previously most of them are just kids and I'm willing to bet for the vast majority of them this is their first go at working under pressure, as serving 30 folk who have all decided to queue up 10 minutes before kick off and want served before 3pm must be. The same at half time where they have a maximum of 15 minutes to serve dozens of folk.

Don’t feel too sorry for them, they are the same at 2:30pm when there is no pressure.

hughio
12-01-2018, 01:27 PM
It's been discussed for so long that I thought it had already happened. I'm maybe confusing myself with the shop though.

I think we should be looking to do it. I understand how it wouldn't have been anywhere near the front of our thoughts the last 3 years though.

This is the real issue IMO.

Why oh why wouldn't HFC want to maximise income from a willing captive clientele by offering decent food at decent prices to its loyal fans?

Instead it is considered economic to hand the whole enterprise over to some 3rd Party whose only incentive is to make money.
It seems to me that they do so by offering sub standard food,inadequate service and employ kids who haven't got a clue at minimal rates.

Perhaps someone could tell me if I have misunderstood the position.

The Club will no doubt be taking the view that they don't need the bother of Employment law issues with the kids and they don't want to invest in hygenic cooking facilities but thats inexcusable IMO.
Anyone with half a brain could turn the catering into a profitable enterprise for the club.