PDA

View Full Version : Jamie Maclaren

HibsFife
10-01-2018, 07:09 PM
Buzzing that Jamie has decided to join us instead of that lot! Real 18 yard box striker!!!
Anyones thoughts:flag:

Dashing Bob S
10-01-2018, 07:11 PM
Loose cannon, but you'd do the same if was your sister, but the steroids have a lot to answer for...whoops...wrong thread.

ancient hibee
10-01-2018, 07:13 PM
No it's not.

Jim44
10-01-2018, 07:26 PM
Buzzing that Jamie has decided to join us instead of that lot! Real 18 yard box striker!!!

Fill your boots. - http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?327491-Official-Site-MACLAREN-SIGNS-FOR-HIBERNIAN

jabis
11-01-2018, 12:27 AM
Excess bellybutton fluff,£3 per pillowcase full.

Free delivery.

Edit...sorry,this was for the holy ground.

ajf
11-01-2018, 01:23 AM
Excess bellybutton fluff,£3 per pillowcase full.

Free delivery.

Edit...sorry,this was for the holy ground.

How many for Simon Murray ?

Haymaker
11-01-2018, 02:04 AM
Derek Riordan could still do a job for us

HoboHarry
11-01-2018, 02:07 AM
Derek Riordan could still do a job for us
Especially if we got Alex Edwards back to provide the defence splitting passes for him.......

s2hart
11-01-2018, 02:28 AM
£150k Petrie!!! 😠

SirDavidsNapper
11-01-2018, 06:41 AM
Be madness to sell Murray

spike220
11-01-2018, 08:07 AM

Watched the YouTube highlights of him. He reminds me of Gary Lineker type of player, a poacher and finisher. That is I think what we need!

Cabbage East
11-01-2018, 08:54 AM
Kebab mahal does the best curries in the city. Followed closely by the Delta.

SirDavidsNapper
11-01-2018, 08:58 AM
Heard he's signing for Hearts. Will rip us a new one they're saying.

147lothian
11-01-2018, 09:14 AM

We needed someone to play along side Stokes / Murray a player that just comes alive in the penalty box and scores goals, this guy seems just the ticket, I don't think Shaw would have been brought into the team as early if we had such a player at the start of this season, its better for Ollie's development if we give him occasional appearances in the first team, if the Fifa rankings are anything to go by we have certainly signed a player who will improve the team, it makes it all the more pleasing that the puddle drinkers were first in for him, the script is written for Jamie to score the winner that puts us in the hat for the next round of the cup, no pressure son lol

WeeRussell
11-01-2018, 01:49 PM
We needed someone to play along side Stokes / Murray a player that just comes alive in the penalty box and scores goals, this guy seems just the ticket, I don't think Shaw would have been brought into the team as early if we had such a player at the start of this season, its better for Ollie's development if we give him occasional appearances in the first team, if the Fifa rankings are anything to go by we have certainly signed a player who will improve the team, it makes it all the more pleasing that the puddle drinkers were first in for him, the script is written for Jamie to score the winner that puts us in the hat for the next round of the cup, no pressure son lol

I don't think they are but hopefully you're right in that this guy fits the bill. I think most would agree that Lennon's signings haven't always been spot-on (without wanting to sound overly critical) but hopefully this boy has goals in him... and quickly.

CLASS OF 72 -73
11-01-2018, 03:40 PM
I played against his dad at school level and I think he went to Balgreen and Tynie. A stand out player to be fair and was a Jambo. Shocked his lad opted for us but different game now where if the agent says this is the best deal you tend to go. I would not be keen if one of my sons went to either Hearts or Rangers infact be well miffed but his career comes first.

Hibbyradge
11-01-2018, 03:50 PM
If I keep working on my takeaway, I reckon I could significantly reduce my handicap next season.

Jim44
11-01-2018, 06:26 PM
I’ve no idea if there’s anything in it, but the muppets on KB are discussing an interview where McLaren supposedly says that he wanted to sign for them but allowed his agent to decide for him.

SRHibs
11-01-2018, 06:30 PM
I’ve no idea if there’s anything in it, but the muppets on KB are discussing an interview where McLaren supposedly says that he wanted to sign for them but allowed his agent to decide for him.

They’re using a bit of creative license there. He remained neutral and said it was in his club’s hands. Maybe he would’ve preferred Hearts (due to his family’s allegiances) who knows, but we’ve got him, and he’s fighting for a spot in the Socceroos so he’ll be on a mission to impress.

Elephant Stone
11-01-2018, 07:37 PM

Asked how close Hearts had come to signing him, Maclaren said: “I was letting my agent deal with it and there was a moment when he came back to me and said, ‘Hibs have come in with more proposals’. Darmstadt had the last say, really. It was in their best interests to accept the offer which was better for them, and Hibs came in with more force. “It showed they wanted me. Hibs were pushing hard and I had to make a decision, but there’s no bad blood as far as I’m concerned. I know it’s a big derby, but, for me, it wasn’t a case of picking one over the other, it was that Darmstadt held all the cards – but I’m happy to be here.”

He chose Hibs.

SChibs
11-01-2018, 08:21 PM
I played against his dad at school level and I think he went to Balgreen and Tynie. A stand out player to be fair and was a Jambo. Shocked his lad opted for us but different game now where if the agent says this is the best deal you tend to go. I would not be keen if one of my sons went to either Hearts or Rangers infact be well miffed but his career comes first.

Not saying your wrong but he's 7 months older than me and I went to both of they schools but I'd never heard of him till he signed for us.

SirDavidsNapper
11-01-2018, 08:23 PM
Id rather our player remained dignified and rattled in a derby goal as apposed to their player bumping his gums then doing the square root of nothing in a derby.

Peevemor
11-01-2018, 08:54 PM
Not saying your wrong but he's 7 months older than me and I went to both of they schools but I'd never heard of him till he signed for us.

It's Jamie's dad he's speaking about.

CorrieHibs
11-01-2018, 09:19 PM
[QUOTE=Elephant Stone;5273760]Asked how close Hearts had come to signing him, Maclaren said: “I was letting my agent deal with it and there was a moment when he came back to me and said, ‘Hibs have come in with more proposals’. Darmstadt had the last say, really. It was in their best interests to accept the offer which was better for them, and Hibs came in with more force. “It showed they wanted me. Hibs were pushing hard and I had to make a decision, but there’s no bad blood as far as I’m concerned. I know it’s a big derby, but, for me, it wasn’t a case of picking one over the other, it was that Darmstadt held all the cards – but I’m happy to be here.”

He chose Hibs.[/QUOTE

I like how his interveiw is dignified. Hibs class!

Had he chosen Hearts the interview would be on the lines of "I've chose the Edinburgh's big club, the big team, Hearts have the best fans on the planet, I can't wait to play in front of the best stand in the universe and to hear the worlds famous Hearts atmosphere"

Sioux
11-01-2018, 09:30 PM

:greengrin

Bandito59
12-01-2018, 11:25 AM
He went to Craigmount High. Played with him in the school team a great player at that level. He played for Hearts reserves but didn’t make the first team.

SChibs
12-01-2018, 11:52 AM
It's Jamie's dad he's speaking about.

Misread, apologies. Now I look a bit stupid!

CMurdoch
12-01-2018, 03:31 PM
Asked how close Hearts had come to signing him, Maclaren said: “I was letting my agent deal with it and there was a moment when he came back to me and said, ‘Hibs have come in with more proposals’. Darmstadt had the last say, really. It was in their best interests to accept the offer which was better for them, and Hibs came in with more force. “It showed they wanted me. Hibs were pushing hard and I had to make a decision, but there’s no bad blood as far as I’m concerned. I know it’s a big derby, but, for me, it wasn’t a case of picking one over the other, it was that Darmstadt held all the cards – but I’m happy to be here.”

He chose Hibs.

From his statement, above, I suspect we offered his club more money so they picked Hibs and he agreed to come.

Firestarter
12-01-2018, 03:33 PM
From his statement, above, I suspect we offered his club more money so they picked Hibs and he agreed to come.

We pushed through a deal with his club, he then decided to come to us instead of wait for hearts and their promises.

silverhibee
12-01-2018, 08:17 PM
Shame he's injured already.

12-01-2018, 11:02 PM
[QUOTE=Elephant Stone;5273760]Asked how close Hearts had come to signing him, Maclaren said: “I was letting my agent deal with it and there was a moment when he came back to me and said, ‘Hibs have come in with more proposals’. Darmstadt had the last say, really. It was in their best interests to accept the offer which was better for them, and Hibs came in with more force. “It showed they wanted me. Hibs were pushing hard and I had to make a decision, but there’s no bad blood as far as I’m concerned. I know it’s a big derby, but, for me, it wasn’t a case of picking one over the other, it was that Darmstadt held all the cards – but I’m happy to be here.”

He chose Hibs.[/QUOTE

I like how his interveiw is dignified. Hibs class!

Had he chosen Hearts the interview would be on the lines of "I've chose the Edinburgh's big club, the big team, Hearts have the best fans on the planet, I can't wait to play in front of the best stand in the universe and to hear the worlds famous Hearts atmosphere"

That was the first thing I though as well when I read that. That's the difference between hibs and hearts. When a players signs for hearts, their immediate go to tactic to sook up to the hearts fans is not to bum up how great hearts are but to get in digs at hibs - they know the tramps will drool far more and they'll gain immediate cult hero status over that.

Lafferty's interview after signing was cringeworthy. All this about how he bumped a meeting with Lennon, hearts was the clear choice etc etc. Absolute arse sooking if ever I've seen it. Classless and pathetic but that's what the tramps want to hear - the more you hate hibs the more you adhere yourself to the hearts support. sad.

SirDavidsNapper
12-01-2018, 11:23 PM

Hope not

Steve-O
13-01-2018, 12:43 AM

Really?

The_Horde
13-01-2018, 12:49 AM
Really?

Minor knock according to the papers.

silverhibee
13-01-2018, 12:50 AM
Really?

Picked up a knock in training in Portugal

hibbyfraelibby
13-01-2018, 10:10 AM
Minor knock according to the papers.

Well place pre derby cup tie story by HFC media team. The mind games have begun!

SirDavidsNapper
13-01-2018, 10:14 AM
Picked up a knock in training in Portugal

John Robertson out derby too 😉

Clerie Green
13-01-2018, 10:20 AM
Seeing has he missed the warm up game yesterday.
Is Neil going to make the cup game or is he off on other business ?
Could have swore he was at the Willem game though ,must be losing it
:nlgwa

tamig
13-01-2018, 10:47 AM

Indeed. How many times did we hear that pish? The outcome was always the same. Unfortunately for us.

Eyrie
13-01-2018, 11:44 AM

I'll believe that only once they've officially announced their line up next Sunday.

Stuart93
13-01-2018, 12:22 PM
Really hope he's fit for t, along with barker, Boyle Swanson & stokes