PDA

View Full Version : Top Tips for getting Derby Tickets

wookie70
10-01-2018, 06:51 PM
1. Belong to a flavour of the month group. Attendance at games not necessary as long as you sing a wee bit at the games you attend.(attendance at other away games, or early round cup games not necessary

2. Know a player, board member, ex player, ticket staff, sponsor, workman etc(attendance at any previous game not necessary

3. Join East Lothian HSC(attendance at other away games not necessary

4. Ignore the club when they tell you you will be logged out at noon

5. Ignore the club for at least 15 minutes when they say the game is sold out
(attendance at other away games not necessary

6. Get to know Tracey and hope her bairns aren't going to Tiny or Ibrox(attendance at other away games not necessary)

7. Log on to as many devices and as many browsers as you can making sure you have a variety of log ins at different times with at least a couple around 29 minutes before tickets go live

8. By an AST for as young a member as you know and take the hit on the games you don't go to upgrading to adult as required.

9. Lastly as a wildcard write to LeeAnn expressing how well she has done generally bit make it clear she has a blind spot on ticketing and needs to do hugely better as she leads us from one shambles to the next

Itsnoteasy
10-01-2018, 06:58 PM
1. Belong to a flavour of the month group. Attendance at games not necessary as long as you sing a wee bit at the games you attend.(attendance at other away games, or early round cup games not necessary

2. Know a player, board member, ex player, ticket staff, sponsor, workman etc(attendance at any previous game not necessary

6. Get to know Tracey and hope her bairns aren't going to Tiny or Ibrox(attendance at other away games not necessary)

7. Log on to as many devices and as many browsers as you can making sure you have a variety of log ins at different times with at least a couple around 29 minutes before tickets go live

8. By an AST for as young a member as you know and take the hit on the games you don't go to upgrading to adult as required.

9. Lastly as a wildcard write to LeeAnn expressing how well she has done generally bit make it clear she has a blind spot on ticketing and needs to do hugely better as she leads us from one shambles to the next

No one is allowed to dis LD.

The only points I don't agree is the singing section. It's not to say they are not away season ticket holders.

Don't think you can buy a kids away season ticket without an adult purchasing one.

MyJo
10-01-2018, 07:09 PM

10. Be a jambo. lots of spare seats in the home end

Hiber-nation
10-01-2018, 07:10 PM

:top marks

Hibs3-2
10-01-2018, 07:14 PM

Rocket.

Famous Fiver
10-01-2018, 07:15 PM
Novel idea.

Stick in, train, and become a first team squad member.

Guaranteed tickets, easy peasy. Easier than going on line to try and get them!!

wookie70
10-01-2018, 07:19 PM
Rocket. You're a charmer, unless you are suggesting some way of getting a ticket for Tiny through pyrotechnics. I wouldn't put it beyond the club that if you have lit some fireworks at a game you qualify for tickets

Sioux
10-01-2018, 07:19 PM
There are people on here that need psychiatric help.

wookie70
10-01-2018, 07:21 PM
There are people on here that need psychiatric help. Alternatively there are people who get peed off when their club does thing they do wrong and don't mind voicing an opinion in a reverent way on a message board. Of course there are those that just post abuse at other members of a message board without knowing them.

sahpaton
10-01-2018, 07:38 PM
Missed out on a ticket last month and same again today, I'm annoyed and frustrated however this is just a bit embarrassing.

At the end of the day there are ~13,000 season ticket holders (and countless others) fighting for a far fewer number of tickets. I think the e-ticketing system has major flaws however these 2 derbies have been the only times it has failed me in particular. There are possibly 'fairer' ways to distribute the tickets among more 'loyal' fans but there will always be a huge number of Hibs supporters who don't get to go to games like this. Like I said, I'm frustrated but it's an understandable situation and I'm more than happy to cheer us on from the pub on the 21st.

It's also worth remembering that it's only around 5/6 years ago that we were getting given just half the Roseburn end and struggling to sell that. I'm glad we as a club are in a position where there is such excitement and demand for tickets in the lead up to these fixtures, even if it means I miss out from time to time.

Nakedmanoncrack
10-01-2018, 07:41 PM

Sad fairly accurate. :agree:

Hermit Crab
10-01-2018, 07:41 PM
Rocket.

76 posts in 6 years.

wookie70
10-01-2018, 07:43 PM
I've been very lucky and have got tickets either with loyalty points or by making sure I give myself the best possible chance on the online shambles. I'm so glad I ignored the club advice and logged in at 11.31. Also glad we persevered after the official site said sold out and got another few tickets.

I'm_cabbaged
10-01-2018, 07:48 PM
Let’s bring back the good old days of taking a sickie or holiday and standing in the pissing rain for hours. That’ll show who the real fans are. 😂

3pm
10-01-2018, 08:00 PM
You're a charmer, unless you are suggesting some way of getting a ticket for Tiny through pyrotechnics. I wouldn't put it beyond the club that if you have lit some fireworks at a game you qualify for tickets

😂 👍🏻

RoYO!
10-01-2018, 08:05 PM
76 posts in 6 years.

And potentially 76 one word responses!

S4uzee
10-01-2018, 08:21 PM
Missed out on a ticket last month and same again today, I'm annoyed and frustrated however this is just a bit embarrassing.

At the end of the day there are ~13,000 season ticket holders (and countless others) fighting for a far fewer number of tickets. I think the e-ticketing system has major flaws however these 2 derbies have been the only times it has failed me in particular. There are possibly 'fairer' ways to distribute the tickets among more 'loyal' fans but there will always be a huge number of Hibs supporters who don't get to go to games like this. Like I said, I'm frustrated but it's an understandable situation and I'm more than happy to cheer us on from the pub on the 21st.

It's also worth remembering that it's only around 5/6 years ago that we were getting given just half the Roseburn end and struggling to sell that. I'm glad we as a club are in a position where there is such excitement and demand for tickets in the lead up to these fixtures, even if it means I miss out from time to time.

13K ST holders, 5K of which only backed the club after a Scottish Cup win and promotion. Seems fair to give them same priority as those who backed the club during relegation I suppose ..... 🤔

Smartie
10-01-2018, 08:39 PM
As I mentioned before, I took the hump the last time we were there.

As a "football watching experience" it was pitiful, and I have zero confidence that this time it will be any better.

Hibs at Tynecastle was always one of my favourite fixtures, always a big one to look forward to, even if many of the games over the years haven't been great. But the last time we were there I just came away wondering what kind of f*****g mug I was for shelling out what I did, to get a restricted view ticket, to have stood outside the ground for 40 minutes, to have missed the only interesting incident (a criminal refereeing mistake that robbed my team) in the most diabolical game of football ever seen - two teams horribly short on technical ability hoofing each other around a bog.

Baws to getting het up trying to get a ticket for more of that.

I'm quite content tonight. I might watch the game on the telly, I might not.

Fair play to all of you clamouring to get tickets for this one.

The scabbiest of victories and it will have all been well worth it, and those of us who have missed out (either deliberately in my case or not in some others) will be gutted we've missed it.

weecounty hibby
10-01-2018, 08:42 PM
13K ST holders, 5K of which only backed the club after a Scottish Cup win and promotion. Seems fair to give them same priority as those who backed the club during relegation I suppose ..... 🤔
That's just plain stupid. By your reasoning the fact that I have been a regular at ER since 1973 and got my first ST in 1987 means that I should get priority over someone who started watching Hibs in 74 and got their first ST after 88? Also I think it is fabulous that folk have really bought into buying STs and attending games again. Perhaps you would like us to go back to crowds of 8000 again. I am delighted that we are having issues with ticket sales. I have been to Tynie since my first away derby in 83 loads of times and some games we didn't sell the whole end. It is unfortunate that people who go to other away games can't get tickets and it needs sorted, I just don't think we will ever please everyone. Anyway rant over and I am now out of these debates.

Smartie
10-01-2018, 08:44 PM
That's just plain stupid. By your reasoning the fact that I have been a regular at ER since 1973 and got my first ST in 1987 means that I should get priority over someone who started watching Hibs in 74 and got their first ST after 88? Also I think it is fabulous that folk have really bought into buying STs and attending games again. Perhaps you would like us to go back to crowds of 8000 again. I am delighted that we are having issues with ticket sales. I have been to Tynie since my first away derby in 83 loads of times and some games we didn't sell the whole end. It is unfortunate that people who go to other away games can't get tickets and it needs sorted, I just don't think we will ever please everyone. Anyway rant over and I am now out of these debates.

We won't, we can't.

To flip that around, we've got to choose who we are going to piss off, implement a system on that basis, and stick to it. Those who are sufficiently pissed off might drift away, new folk coming in will be happy with it. Them's the breaks, but it will seem fairer the longer it is in place. OF fans are happy with their ballots, Jambos are happy with their established loyalty point system. Either of these systems work fine.

I don't think that what we have right now is quite right though.

S4uzee
10-01-2018, 08:46 PM

Not entirely stupid as loyalty points were introduced at the time of relegation then scrapped ....

And to suggest I would be happy to see lower crowds is just daft

Scouse Hibee
10-01-2018, 08:51 PM

Spot on 👍

DC_Hibs
10-01-2018, 08:53 PM
Additional steps:
1. Dry your eyes. You'll never see the telephone keypad or web browser clearly if crying your eyes out.
2. Sour grapes - avoid at all costs as sensitive .net types are susceptible to a sore tummy.
3. Don't worry too much about 0.8% of tickets going to a group (of season ticket holders) the club deem worthy of receiving them. The effort they have put in to establish a signing section and countless hours organising displays has been rewarded with a measly 30 tickets out of 3600. Most of the songs at the game will be influenced by them, whether started by them on the night or was a song introduced by them. Clearly the club believe they enhance our support.

Have a great night whether at the game or tuning in to TV/Interweb.

Take care now.

wookie70
10-01-2018, 08:53 PM

As a "football watching experience" it was pitiful, and I have zero confidence that this time it will be any better.

Hibs at Tynecastle was always one of my favourite fixtures, always a big one to look forward to, even if many of the games over the years haven't been great. But the last time we were there I just came away wondering what kind of f*****g mug I was for shelling out what I did, to get a restricted view ticket, to have stood outside the ground for 40 minutes, to have missed the only interesting incident (a criminal refereeing mistake that robbed my team) in the most diabolical game of football ever seen - two teams horribly short on technical ability hoofing each other around a bog.

The scabbiest of victories and it will have all been well worth it, and those of us who have missed out (either deliberately in my case or not in some others) will be gutted we've missed it.

I'm sure the fear of missing out a victory, particularly in the cup, after watching Hibs fail to score and get beaten so many times over the decades at that dump is what keeps most of us going. I've never missed out when I wanted to go but I must admit the way the club are dealing with this issue and the feeling that support away from home isn't valued has me thinking in the same vein. I never missed many away games when we had Loyalty Points and have been to hundreds of away games over the years. The withdrawal of that scheme and its general mismanagement put me off going as much.

10. Threaten to not buy a season ticket next year unless you are not allowed a chance of a ticket at every big game (attendance at other away games not necessary)

wearethehibs
10-01-2018, 09:15 PM
76 posts in 6 years.

Must be a Yam eh

Alex Trager
10-01-2018, 10:11 PM
Must be a Yam eh

Or guaranteed one of they elusive 30 tickets

Scouse Hibee
10-01-2018, 10:18 PM
Additional steps:
1. Dry your eyes. You'll never see the telephone keypad or web browser clearly if crying your eyes out.
2. Sour grapes - avoid at all costs as sensitive .net types are susceptible to a sore tummy.
3. Don't worry too much about 0.8% of tickets going to a group (of season ticket holders) the club deem worthy of receiving them. The effort they have put in to establish a signing section and countless hours organising displays has been rewarded with a measly 30 tickets out of 3600. Most of the songs at the game will be influenced by them, whether started by them on the night or was a song introduced by them. Clearly the club believe they enhance our support.

Have a great night whether at the game or tuning in to TV/Interweb.

Take care now.

Pish without humour as per the OP.

Hibs3-2
10-01-2018, 10:47 PM
Or guaranteed one of they elusive 30 tickets

Neither. Former player.

(Nah i just got lucky in the online sales)

hibbyfraelibby
10-01-2018, 10:50 PM
I just wish the toys they throw out their prams weren't Lego bricks...the dummies I can cope with in bare feet

wookie70
10-01-2018, 10:53 PM
Neither. Former player.

I was lucky too. Doesn't stop me questioning some of the decisions the club are making on ticketing.

CMurdoch
10-01-2018, 11:48 PM

:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin I agree it was an absolutely horrific game and I am happy to watch this one in the warm boozer with £30 worth of food and drink vouchers. A kind of workin' mans hospitality if you like.

Hermit Crab
11-01-2018, 12:06 AM
I was lucky too. Doesn't stop me questioning some of the decisions the club are making on ticketing.

:agree:

Hibs3-2
11-01-2018, 12:08 AM

Nice one!
Theres ways to go about things aswell though. Im not saying i 100% agree with decisions made, because i dont, but theres a way to to go about things. Also no need in publically making sarcastic comments about the singing section who do a great job in my eyes.

Hermit Crab
11-01-2018, 12:21 AM
Nice one!
Theres ways to go about things aswell though. Im not saying i 100% agree with decisions made, because i dont, but theres a way to to go about things. Also no need in publically making sarcastic comments about the singing section who do a great job in my eyes.

Are you you one of them? :greengrin

wookie70
11-01-2018, 12:33 AM
Nice one!

I'm really having a dig at those making the decisions on who get's tickets and who decides on the arrangements, suppliers and comms. The singing section are just fans to me and no more special or deserving than other fans. From my seat due to acoustics and proximity I am far more likely to hear the section 43 choir or worse still the away fans. Folk sing all over the ground, loads of fans do wonderful things for the club and many more help out at working together and other fans related activities. Some work wonders for charities and the local community. Not a single one of them is any more worthy of a ticket for Tiny than the next one or any other season ticket holder unless they have an Away Season Ticket. This is a fans forum I doubt you will have to look very far to find sarcasm or abuse for that matter. My problem is not with the singing section but with whoever continues to make these completely contradictory decisions and produce comms that are at best misleading or more likely totally incorrect.

My_Wife_Camille
11-01-2018, 12:41 AM

9. Lastly as a wildcard write to LeeAnn expressing how well she has done generally bit make it clear she has a blind spot on ticketing and needs to do hugely better as she leads us from one shambles to the nextwhich one did you go for?

wookie70
11-01-2018, 12:50 AM
which one did you go for? 4, 5 and 7 have worked for me every time. Never believe the official site when it says sold out and never log in when they say. The more devices, IP addresses and log ins the better as it is total luck and you want as many tickets to the lottery as you can get.

Kiddo
11-01-2018, 12:52 AM
What a bunch of greeting faced c**ts we have that support us. The demand for this game massively outweighs supply, no matter how many games you’ve went to means nothing, only people with definite priority were away season ticket holders. No one has proof of the rest so stop going on about it

SRHibs
11-01-2018, 12:56 AM
What a bunch of greeting faced c**ts we have that support us. The demand for this game massively outweighs supply, no matter how many games you’ve went to means nothing, only people with definite priority were away season ticket holders. No one has proof of the rest so stop going on about it

Apart from 2 and 9 there’s literally proof of all of them.

My_Wife_Camille
11-01-2018, 12:59 AM
Apart from 2 and 9 there’s literally proof of all of them.
There is proof of two

Brooster
11-01-2018, 07:07 AM
Give Since 1875 more than 30 tickets surely. Im a great admirer of the work they put in behind the scenes and the atmosphere they create at matches. 30 is the least they deserve.

wearethehibs
11-01-2018, 08:14 AM
These lads are the guys that were in Easter Road at 9am, the day after we were beat in the play offs by Falkirk, creating the Time For Hereos display, a display that the club then used to name the dvd, which must have made the club a lot of revenue.

These are the lads that created The Hibs Go Marching On display v Hearts, which the club then used in their half season ticket campaign.

Even at Tynecastle the atmosphere would be poor without them there, so I don't see the issue that they have been given less than 1% of tickets. The club and players obviously appreciate their efforts.

Alex Trager
11-01-2018, 08:21 AM
Neither. Former player.

I was on about the gadji up the thread

Zondervan
11-01-2018, 08:52 AM
The Singing Section’s barry
They’ve got a drum and hats
The sang down at Dumbarton
And other holes like that
But when it came Tynie
We gave the 1 per cent
It make The Wookie roar
And off he f****** went

Just kidding pal, respect for sharing your opinion but I (as you can guess) don’t agree with what you say about the singing section.

I remember encountering their group for the first time at the Ayr away game in the cup 2012. We were in the same boozer, and one of my mates had put together the “Allez Allez” song after plagiarising it from Frankfurt’s singing section (proper, well organised Ultras group with hundreds of members). Before long, they had this song going at most away games, and I always remember at the 2013 cup final the whole Hibs end was singing it. This has continued at most of our high profile games since (Ibrox, Parkhead, Tiny Tynie, Hampden and of course ER).

Just one example of what they have done to help with the match atmosphere.

They also continued drumming up (quite literally) the Hibs support throughout our Championship seasons, bringing an atmosphere to games at Alloa, Kirkcaldy, Falkirk, Dundee, Dumfries, Greenock and lots of other wee delectable places.

Are they bigger and better fans than you and I? No, of course not.

Do they act as the catalyst for the atmosphere created by Hibs fans? Most definitely. For this reason, I have no problem whatsoever given up 0.8% of our tickets for this group, which has a negligible impact on others obtaining tickets when they go on sale via the Hibs website.

As mentioned above by others, maybe Hibs should significantly reduce the numbers they hand out to players and ex-players? This would more than free up the 0.8%, and by default negate the problems caused by allocating the 30 tickets allocated to the singing section?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eaststandee
11-01-2018, 08:55 AM
These lads are the guys that were in Easter Road at 9am, the day after we were beat in the play offs by Falkirk, creating the Time For Hereos display, a display that the club then used to name the dvd, which must have made the club a lot of revenue.

These are the lads that created The Hibs Go Marching On display v Hearts, which the club then used in their half season ticket campaign.

Even at Tynecastle the atmosphere would be poor without them there, so I don't see the issue that they have been given less than 1% of tickets. The club and players obviously appreciate their efforts.

I agree with what you are saying but that bit is absolute pish, unless of course you are talking about the other 14,000* boring *******s!

*Number pending

Hermit Crab
11-01-2018, 09:20 AM

That is simply not true. Managed to create good atmosphere at Tynecastle looooooong before these guys started going.

Hermit Crab
11-01-2018, 09:21 AM
I agree with what you are saying but that bit is absolute pish, unless of course you are talking about the other 14,000* boring *******s!

*Number pending

:agree:

JIm
11-01-2018, 01:09 PM
76 posts in 6 years.

What's that comment all about? That's the kind of phish I expect to read on Kickback.

wookie70
11-01-2018, 01:10 PM
The Singing Section’s barry
They’ve got a drum and hats
The sang down at Dumbarton
And other holes like that
But when it came Tynie
We gave the 1 per cent
It make The Wookie roar
And off he f****** went

Just kidding pal, respect for sharing your opinion but I (as you can guess) don’t agree with what you say about the singing section.

I remember encountering their group for the first time at the Ayr away game in the cup 2012. We were in the same boozer, and one of my mates had put together the “Allez Allez” song after plagiarising it from Frankfurt’s singing section (proper, well organised Ultras group with hundreds of members). Before long, they had this song going at most away games, and I always remember at the 2013 cup final the whole Hibs end was singing it. This has continued at most of our high profile games since (Ibrox, Parkhead, Tiny Tynie, Hampden and of course ER).

Just one example of what they have done to help with the match atmosphere.

They also continued drumming up (quite literally) the Hibs support throughout our Championship seasons, bringing an atmosphere to games at Alloa, Kirkcaldy, Falkirk, Dundee, Dumfries, Greenock and lots of other wee delectable places.

Are they bigger and better fans than you and I? No, of course not.

Do they act as the catalyst for the atmosphere created by Hibs fans? Most definitely. For this reason, I have no problem whatsoever given up 0.8% of our tickets for this group, which has a negligible impact on others obtaining tickets when they go on sale via the Hibs website.

As mentioned above by others, maybe Hibs should significantly reduce the numbers they hand out to players and ex-players? This would more than free up the 0.8%, and by default negate the problems caused by allocating the 30 tickets allocated to the singing section?

Great post and I'm honoured I'm mentioned in a song. You make some good points and I have no issue with the singing section getting some help from the club. They already have of course as long term season ticket holders were in that area previously and obviously were made to make a decision due to that section being relocated. I have been going to Easter Road for 45 years and we have had a singing section in one form or another for all that time. In days gone by it was most of the East. The atmosphere at games like AEK Athens was electric compared to the games now. That being said I will always support fans who want to generate a positive atmosphere and am partial to Allez Allez too. Nowhere near as much as the classics though.

The singing section are doing a good job and I'm happy with the club offering support. I would suggest that support comes in the form of monies for displays, help with transport to get displays to Hampden, allowing a bulk buy of tickets so they can sit together as long as there is no other preference given. Under no circumstances would I endorse them getting a chance of a ticket over an another fan in the same bracket.

The other thing is my post was really about the shambles, as I see it, that our ticketing arrangements have become. It wasn't so much a dig at the singing section but at the powers taht be that couldn't foresee this being an issue.

Allez Allez

JIm
11-01-2018, 01:23 PM
Great post and I'm honoured I'm mentioned in a song. You make some good points and I have no issue with the singing section getting some help from the club. They already have of course as long term season ticket holders were in that area previously and obviously were made to make a decision due to that section being relocated. I have been going to Easter Road for 45 years and we have had a singing section in one form or another for all that time. In days gone by it was most of the East. The atmosphere at games like AEK Athens was electric compared to the games now. That being said I will always support fans who want to generate a positive atmosphere and am partial to Allez Allez too. Nowhere near as much as the classics though.

The singing section are doing a good job and I'm happy with the club offering support. I would suggest that support comes in the form of monies for displays, help with transport to get displays to Hampden, allowing a bulk buy of tickets so they can sit together as long as there is no other preference given. Under no circumstances would I endorse them getting a chance of a ticket over an another fan in the same bracket.

The other thing is my post was really about the shambles, as I see it, that our ticketing arrangements have become. It wasn't so much a dig at the singing section but at the powers taht be that couldn't foresee this being an issue.

Allez Allez

I have highlighted a certain bit within your post. This is where I think the club can do more to support. It doesn't necessarily have to be tickets set aside (although for the sake of 30 I have no issues personally) but to work with the group to ensure they can sit together and therefore impact the atmosphere more positively. Surely some pre planning on the clubs part, an area set aside for Since1875, and tickets switched with other fans who have been successful in purchase before the club officially distribute would allow them to sit together.

Hermit Crab
11-01-2018, 04:19 PM
What's that comment all about? That's the kind of phish I expect to read on Kickback.

He posted an abusive comment to another poster, thats the type of pish you see on KB

Iggy Pope
12-01-2018, 06:48 PM

Wookie.
I enjoyed your post. Did you get a ticket in the end?

Hedlund12
12-01-2018, 07:21 PM

Reads like you are having a pop at Tracey here - can I ask why?

Hermit Crab
12-01-2018, 07:23 PM

I can think of 1 reason, Tracy said there would be no tickets held back for any groups but the singing section got 30 kept aside as declared by her.

Iggy Pope
12-01-2018, 07:25 PM
Wookie.

Bump.

Hedlund12
12-01-2018, 07:26 PM
I can think of 1 reason, Tracy said there would be no tickets held back for any groups but the singing section got 30 kept aside as declared by her.

I don't believe Tracey is responsible for the allocation of tickets at the club.

I thought I read on here recently that posts weren't to be personal or slating others?

Iggy Pope
12-01-2018, 07:28 PM
I don't believe Tracey is responsible for the allocation of tickets at the club.

I thought I read on here recently that posts weren't to be personal or slating others?

Good luck with that one.

Bump.

Wookie. You about?
Bump.

wookie70
12-01-2018, 08:00 PM
It's more a list of things I have seen regarding ticketing than me having a pop. If you read some of my other posts you'll see that I find Tracey's honest attitude and willingness to communicate refreshing. I think she was naive saying she gave her kids AST to friends for the big games, given the timing, but I admire how open and honest she is. I would have a pop of it was her decision to give the singing section tickets but I imagine she is the messenger

wookie70
12-01-2018, 08:02 PM
Wookie.
Got 4 tickets. I have been very lucky again. It won't last though so I have signed up for singing lessons. Hoping the singing section need a bass voice and we can get 31 tickets next time.

Hedlund12
12-01-2018, 08:21 PM
It's more a list of things I have seen regarding ticketing than me having a pop. If you read some of my other posts you'll see that I find Tracey's honest attitude and willingness to communicate refreshing. I think she was naive saying she gave her kids AST to friends for the big games, given the timing, but I admire how open and honest she is. I would have a pop of it was her decision to give the singing section tickets but I imagine she is the messenger

I agree with a lot of your points I personally think that the current set up is an absolute joke and it pisses me off with the "we're not listening attitude from the club!"

I think it's unfair to make a personal reference to Tracey. She can do as she pleases with her AST. I have one ticket for the game but needed two but couldn't get them. I won't go without my son who attends all games with me. If I can't get another my ticket (for this big game) will go to one of my friends...

wookie70
12-01-2018, 08:34 PM
I agree with a lot of your points I personally think that the current set up is an absolute joke and it pisses me off with the "we're not listening attitude from the club!"

I think it's unfair to make a personal reference to Tracey. She can do as she pleases with her AST. I have one ticket for the game but needed two but couldn't get them. I won't go without my son who attends all games with me. If I can't get another my ticket (for this big game) will go to one of my friends...

Fair enough, I was lucky and got one for my lad. He has missed the last 3 or 4 at Tiny.

Radge70
12-01-2018, 08:53 PM

Never knew about 4 and 5 as I was sitting in a hospital waiting room with no signal at 12pm, raging because my appointment has been delayed by an hour! I can guarantee though that misleading statements like that are designed to minimise stress on the servers during busy periods, which in turn is an an attempt to reduce the usual anger that ensues when heavy traffic causes them to crash. Obviously it's equally annoying when you are being told an event is sold out when it hasn't been but it's a damage limitation thing from the providers (Hibs) point of view.

The system is powered by Ticketmaster, a company who can run an efficient sale if need be but doing so is dependent on how much their client is willing to pay (so Hibs have a bit of a balancing act as they know the tickets will sell either way but they also want to please as many customers as possible).

I would say the only way to ensure a fair sale is to have a ballot, which takes number 7 right out of the equation. I'm sure, however, that would be the costliest option and would be difficult to arrange at short notice (but not impossible, especially if they were to establish a system for doing this regularly).

Number 7 wouldn't be (as) possible with a ballot. Even multiple applications could be restricted by making sure the application is made using the unique client reference number.

In saying all of that, a ballot would be my worst nightmare because, like so many others on this thread I've never had any problems getting tickets for games like this (unless I've been in the hospital!).

traceyhibs
12-01-2018, 09:20 PM
This is going to be my only response on this. I’m disgusted that I am now writing this due to a post partly about who I give my kids tickets to that I’ve paid for. As you say maybe I’m too honest. They get upgraded so they are paid for in full whether that be an adult or concession over 65. I won’t take my kids to Ibrox or Tynecastle but will when they’re older. My neighbour who gets one of the tickets is a 69 year ST holder who comes from Leith and has supported Hibs all his life. Goes to majority of Away games. He also left his wife in a camper van in Germany to come home for the League Cup Final 2016 and left her in Cyprus for the Scottish Cup Final 2016 - you might have heard him on Radio Forth. He also took me to my first ever derby. My friend who is coming this time (I helped Charlene out at the last game) is a ST holder and attends majority of Away games. If she can’t go I will help any good Hibee who I know goes to most of the Away games and has sadly been unfortunate getting a ticket. Between Hearts, Dundee and Celtic I’ll have paid a good amount of money out which is my own. If I wasn’t in this role I would still be doing the same. I could quite easily sit in the Directors box for nothing but I don’t want to. I’m a supporter first and foremost. I want my kids to enjoy following Hibs and experiencing new stadiums. I want them to be there long after I’m gone which is why I included them on the Away ST. They can’t come to Dundee due to it being on a school night so I’ve got 2 tickets available to upgrade if anyone wants them?! I just won’t be accused of using my position as a Director for doing what is allowed and available to any Away ST holder.

I have sat and pondered on whether or not to post this because I actually don’t need to justify it but quite frankly it’s getting out of hand.

marinello59
12-01-2018, 09:30 PM
This is going to be my only response on this. I’m disgusted that I am now writing this due to a post partly about who I give my kids tickets to that I’ve paid for. As you say maybe I’m too honest. They get upgraded so they are paid for in full whether that be an adult or concession over 65. I won’t take my kids to Ibrox or Tynecastle but will when they’re older. My neighbour who gets one of the tickets is a 69 year ST holder who comes from Leith and has supported Hibs all his life. Goes to majority of Away games. He also left his wife in a camper van in Germany to come home for the League Cup Final 2016 and left her in Cyprus for the Scottish Cup Final 2016 - you might have heard him on Radio Forth. He also took me to my first ever derby. My friend who is coming this time (I helped Charlene out at the last game) is a ST holder and attends majority of Away games. If she can’t go I will help any good Hibee who I know goes to most of the Away games and has sadly been unfortunate getting a ticket. Between Hearts, Dundee and Celtic I’ll have paid a good amount of money out which is my own. If I wasn’t in this role I would still be doing the same. I could quite easily sit in the Directors box for nothing but I don’t want to. I’m a supporter first and foremost. I want my kids to enjoy following Hibs and experiencing new stadiums. I want them to be there long after I’m gone which is why I included them on the Away ST. They can’t come to Dundee due to it being on a school night so I’ve got 2 tickets available to upgrade if anyone wants them?! I just won’t be accused of using my position as a Director for doing what is allowed and available to any Away ST holder.

I have sat and pondered on whether or not to post this because I actually don’t need to justify it but quite frankly it’s getting out of hand.

I really don’t think you had to explain anything. You have only done what most Hibs fans have done at some point, helped other Hibs fans out where they could. And long may that continue.

Brooster
12-01-2018, 09:45 PM

Well said but you dont have to explain yourself. Too many haters on here.

lord bunberry
12-01-2018, 09:52 PM

I’m not going to lie and say I agree with everything you do as a fans rep, but I find it unbelievable that you have to come on here and defend what you do with tickets you have paid for. If people aren’t happy at missing out, they should show the same commitment as you and buy an away season ticket.

wookie70
13-01-2018, 12:45 AM

Sorry to have upset you or hit a nerve. Your tickets, do what you want with them and I don't think I have said or even implied you did anything wrong or used your position inappropriately. Merely it would be handy knowing you if you wanted a ticket for Tiny. Good to hear the tickets go to away travellers but no explanation was needed to me.The post was meant to be a satirical look at all the points that have been made on the various things that had pee'd off supporters I had read on this board and Facebook. It's deliberately called Top tips to echo Viz magazine. My humour clearly went over a few heads.

I listened to the podcast where you revealed you used your kids AST for other supporters and my thoughts were she'll take some stick for that but how refreshingly honest. I don't see it as an issue but it has certainly been mentioned on a few pages and viewed in that way hence the appearance on the list.

I bought 4 tickets and two are going to my mate as my kids haven't been to many away games and I'm not keen on taking them to Tiny. Like you my criteria was the same, I gave them to good Hibees who go to loads of away games. My own personal loyalty scheme if you will.

Sorry again and hopefully my post won't have contributed to stopping you being as open and honest as you are. I appreciate you probably replied because of the point about your good self but there is, as you are aware, a massive amount of disappointment about ticketing for big games. It's a very sensitive area with supporters and many of my points whilst sarcastic are an issue with lots of fans if these pages are anything to go by. The last couple of high demand games have only made thing worse with the queue that wasn't a queue and the singing section tickets decisions adding insult to injury for many of us. Like many I want the return of some form of scheme to prioritise tickets for those that go to most games but frankly any improvement on what we have would be welcomed as it is time consuming, frustrating and at least feels very unfair.

Iggy Pope
13-01-2018, 09:59 AM
Got 4 tickets. I have been very lucky again. It won't last though so I have signed up for singing lessons. Hoping the singing section need a bass voice and we can get 31 tickets next time.

No worries, glad you are sorted as I was feeling a bit of your pain and could maybe have sorted you with one.

Since90+2
13-01-2018, 10:13 AM

You don't have to explain yourself to the moaning minority on here.

You seem to be doing a decent job in a difficult role and I would imagine the vast majority of level headed people will see that and be thankful for the effort you make :aok:

Itsnoteasy
13-01-2018, 10:37 AM
Sorry to have upset you or hit a nerve. Your tickets, do what you want with them and I don't think I have said or even implied you did anything wrong or used your position inappropriately. Merely it would be handy knowing you if you wanted a ticket for Tiny. Good to hear the tickets go to away travellers but no explanation was needed to me.The post was meant to be a satirical look at all the points that have been made on the various things that had pee'd off supporters I had read on this board and Facebook. It's deliberately called Top tips to echo Viz magazine. My humour clearly went over a few heads.

I listened to the podcast where you revealed you used your kids AST for other supporters and my thoughts were she'll take some stick for that but how refreshingly honest. I don't see it as an issue but it has certainly been mentioned on a few pages and viewed in that way hence the appearance on the list.

I bought 4 tickets and two are going to my mate as my kids haven't been to many away games and I'm not keen on taking them to Tiny. Like you my criteria was the same, I gave them to good Hibees who go to loads of away games. My own personal loyalty scheme if you will.

Sorry again and hopefully my post won't have contributed to stopping you being as open and honest as you are. I appreciate you probably replied because of the point about your good self but there is, as you are aware, a massive amount of disappointment about ticketing for big games. It's a very sensitive area with supporters and many of my points whilst sarcastic are an issue with lots of fans if these pages are anything to go by. The last couple of high demand games have only made thing worse with the queue that wasn't a queue and the singing section tickets decisions adding insult to injury for many of us. Like many I want the return of some form of scheme to prioritise tickets for those that go to most games but frankly any improvement on what we have would be welcomed as it is time consuming, frustrating and at least feels very unfair.

Well done for apologising. Harder thing to do than just ignore the situation.

wookie70
13-01-2018, 10:57 AM
I apologised for upsetting Tracey or hitting a nerve but not for what I posted. My post said knowing Tracey was a good way to get a ticket. Her post said she had ASTs that were not being used and she gave them to fans that knew her. At no time did I say she did anything wrong and I don't think she did. I'm admitting to doing something similar so don't see that as an issue. Tracey is disgusted but if I'm honest I've no idea why, at least in terms of my post. I certainly think she is doing a good job and appreciate the time she puts in on behalf of fans.

Kojock
13-01-2018, 03:33 PM
Not a dig at Tracey in any way as it's her tickets and she can choose who she wishes to give them to. If she doesn't take her kids to Ibrox or Tynie (she didn't mention Parkhead) there's really no requirement for her to purchase AST for her kids as they are the only occasions when they would be needed. She further states she won't take them to away games on a school night so the way I see it she spends a lot of unnecessary cash on her kids ASTs for very little return.

Bostonhibby
13-01-2018, 03:39 PM
Got 4 tickets. I have been very lucky again. It won't last though so I have signed up for singing lessons. Hoping the singing section need a bass voice and we can get 31 tickets next time.Can you play a trombone?

A couple of dozen or us are trying to form a Hibs brass band but we're light in the wind instrument department.

Once we reach 30 we'll look at a stringed instrument quartet and a conductor then get the tickets sorted out [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Danderhall Hibs
13-01-2018, 03:59 PM

It is getting out of hand and not helped by the dismissive way the board have handled the loyalty points shambles.

Bostonhibby
13-01-2018, 04:02 PM

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkYou do not have to justify this particular situation.

Famous Fiver
13-01-2018, 04:07 PM
Isn't it interesting that when the trolls are called out suddenly their nasty posts were 'satirical' or 'in jest'.

Bollocks, they were meant to hurt.

Good on you Tracey for standing up to the bullies.

wookie70
13-01-2018, 04:31 PM
Can you play a trombone?

A couple of dozen or us are trying to form a Hibs brass band but we're light in the wind instrument department.

Once we reach 30 we'll look at a stringed instrument quartet and a conductor then get the tickets sorted out [emoji6]

Never tried but willing to learn.

flash
13-01-2018, 04:36 PM
This thread has gone well.

wookie70
13-01-2018, 05:02 PM
Isn't it interesting that when the trolls are called out suddenly their nasty posts were 'satirical' or 'in jest'.

Bollocks, they were meant to hurt.

Good on you Tracey for standing up to the bullies.

Bullies my arse.

Read the actual words I said and remember this is a thread entitled Top Tips for getting Derby Tickets. Top Tips was a column in a popular satirical magazine called Viz. The clues are there that it is a satirical look at the various things people have done to get Derby tickets - "Get to know Tracey and hope her bairns aren't going to Tiny or Ibrox(attendance at other away games not necessary)"

I'm delighted to hear Tracey's tickets have went to good Hibbies who go to away games. I didn't need to hear it as they are her tickets and she can do what she wants with them. I listened to the podcast, I know she bought them and paid for the upgrade so no foul there. The detail about who the tickets went to came in her reply to this thread and if I had known I would have omitted the bracketed words.

At what point have I even hinted she did anything wrong. Would knowing Tracey help you get a ticket for Tiny (specifically when her bairns aren't going, not through her influence as a Fans rep). It sounds from Tracey that it would. So would it be a Top Tip, in the Viz style, to get to know Tracey to have a wee bit more of a chance of a ticket to go to a Derby when her bairns aren't able to attend. I'm not really expecting anyone to do that just as no-one would really do anything in a Viz top tip but I guess satire and that form of humour has probably passed you by.

I've been directly called a Rocket, a Bully and a Troll on this thread and also had a hint I need psychiatric help. I wouldn't agree with those assessments but I'm a big boy and after all it is an internet forum where we are entitled to share our views. I'll not be too hurt or disgusted and I'll not stop sharing my views unless the Admins tell me I am doing something wrong. If you feel I have please report me and let them know.

Tell me what part of my post is nasty and I will directly apologise for that. Tell me what part of the post above is intended to hurt and again I will directly apologise for that. Read Tracey's post and tell me if what she said isn't a longer version of what I posted.

Again, I apologise if what I wrote has hurt Tracey or her friends or supporters but I genuinely fail to see what the furore is all about.

Sioux
13-01-2018, 05:09 PM
Bullies my arse.

Read the actual words I said and remember this is a thread entitled Top Tips for getting Derby Tickets. Top Tips was a column in a popular satirical magazine called Viz. The clues are there that it is a satirical look at the various things people have done to get Derby tickets - "Get to know Tracey and hope her bairns aren't going to Tiny or Ibrox(attendance at other away games not necessary)"

I'm delighted to hear Tracey's tickets have went to good Hibbies who go to away games. I didn't need to hear it as they are her tickets and she can do what she wants with them. I listened to the podcast, I know she bought them and paid for the upgrade so no foul there. The detail about who the tickets went to came in her reply to this thread and if I had known I would have omitted the bracketed words.

At what point have I even hinted she did anything wrong. Would knowing Tracey help you get a ticket for Tiny (specifically when her bairns aren't going, not through her influence as a Fans rep). It sounds from Tracey that it would. So would it be a Top Tip, in the Viz style, to get to know Tracey to have a wee bit more of a chance of a ticket to go to a Derby when her bairns aren't able to attend. I'm not really expecting anyone to do that just as no-one would really do anything in a Viz top tip but I guess satire and that form of humour has probably passed you by.

I've been directly called a Rocket, a Bully and a Troll on this thread and also had a hint I need psychiatric help. I wouldn't agree with those assessments but I'm a big boy and after all it is an internet forum where we are entitled to share our views. I'll not be too hurt or disgusted and I'll not stop sharing my views unless the Admins tell me I am doing something wrong. If you feel I have please report me and let them know.

Tell me what part of my post is nasty and I will directly apologise for that. Tell me what part of the post above is intended to hurt and again I will directly apologise for that. Read Tracey's post and tell me if what she said isn't a longer version of what I posted.

Again, I apologise if what I wrote has hurt Tracey or her friends or supporters but I genuinely fail to see what the furore is all about.

Furore?

You've got a brass neck The only furore is you and your Chez Guevara type crusade to save the people.

wookie70
13-01-2018, 05:53 PM
Furore?

You've got a brass neck The only furore is you and your Chez Guevara type crusade to save the people.

Not save the people, just inform them of a few ways of improving their chances for tickets for big games. Pity I've got a brass neck not a brass instrument as someone earlier was thinking of starting a band up with the hope of getting ticketing priority for the big games. Imagine Allez Allez on sax or maybe a quick blast of Reviille on the Bugle if we think Stokes isn't working hard enough off the ball.

traceyhibs
13-01-2018, 10:05 PM
I apologised for upsetting Tracey or hitting a nerve but not for what I posted. My post said knowing Tracey was a good way to get a ticket. Her post said she had ASTs that were not being used and she gave them to fans that knew her. At no time did I say she did anything wrong and I don't think she did. I'm admitting to doing something similar so don't see that as an issue. Tracey is disgusted but if I'm honest I've no idea why, at least in terms of my post. I certainly think she is doing a good job and appreciate the time she puts in on behalf of fans.

Thank you and I get what you are saying here. It’s been quite personal of late so seeing my name in a post it felt that way too. I did see your apology and appreciate that. It’s the same with ST, you can upgrade a ticket. I won’t take the kids to Hearts or Rangers games because I feel they aren’t suitable for their ears as yet. My dad used to be the same which is why neighbour took me to my first derby. I’m a supporter first and foremost and sometimes these are the games I can just watch with friends and not have to worry about the kids. My time. I’ve released their seats for home games also. I take the kids to Parkhead because Hubby is there. He has a ST for the standing section so don’t have him at home to look after the kids. No hard feelings.

traceyhibs
13-01-2018, 10:12 PM
Not a dig at Tracey in any way as it's her tickets and she can choose who she wishes to give them to. If she doesn't take her kids to Ibrox or Tynie (she didn't mention Parkhead) there's really no requirement for her to purchase AST for her kids as they are the only occasions when they would be needed. She further states she won't take them to away games on a school night so the way I see it she spends a lot of unnecessary cash on her kids ASTs for very little return.

Hi,

Take kids to Parkhead as hubby is a ST holder there so don’t have the childcare. They get quite excited about Parkhead because they hope to wind their dad up lol. I did consider not taking the AST for them but when you are doing it before the fixtures you just don’t know how they are going to fall. They’ve done the long trips with me so all in all it’s been good for them. They love seeing new stadiums. Broadens their horizons. To be honest my 6 yr old would be enraged if she didn’t have a ST and an AST. Love her passion for Hibs. Unfortunately Dundee isn’t just along the road so they can’t go being a school night and a shame as my mum and their cousins are close to it. If a Friday night or weekend wouldn’t be an issue. Luck of the draw really.

Tracey [emoji4]

Sioux
13-01-2018, 10:20 PM
Not save the people, just inform them of a few ways of improving their chances for tickets for big games. Pity I've got a brass neck not a brass instrument as someone earlier was thinking of starting a band up with the hope of getting ticketing priority for the big games. Imagine Allez Allez on sax or maybe a quick blast of Reviille on the Bugle if we think Stokes isn't working hard enough off the ball.

You need to see a shrink.

wookie70
13-01-2018, 10:34 PM
Thank you and I get what you are saying here. It’s been quite personal of late so seeing my name in a post it felt that way too. I did see your apology and appreciate that. It’s the same with ST, you can upgrade a ticket. I won’t take the kids to Hearts or Rangers games because I feel they aren’t suitable for their ears as yet. My dad used to be the same which is why neighbour took me to my first derby. I’m a supporter first and foremost and sometimes these are the games I can just watch with friends and not have to worry about the kids. My time. I’ve released their seats for home games also. I take the kids to Parkhead because Hubby is there. He has a ST for the standing section so don’t have him at home to look after the kids. No hard feelings.

I do the same with the kids tickets for school night games at ER but the these days most of the folk I would give them to are fortunately back at ER. I must start giving the Ticket Office a phone and letting the club sell the tickets when I don't get round find a taker.

I'm the same in terms of taking kids to big games away from ER. I actually enjoyed the wee adventure down the leagues as the kids really got to see lots of grounds that I hope they don't see much of in the future. My lad was only in the old East once and that was the game before they tore it down so it was a good chance to see what football was like not so long ago in terms of facilities. At 14 he is now old enough to come with me to Tiny but I don't feel Ibrox is safe for me never mind the kids. It's pretty clear to see the Supporter's reps are fans first and I have no issue with you or Frank. I'm not sure about the role but you both do some great work and no-one can question either of you in terms of passion for the club.

Thanks very much for posting and is much welcomed.

Jack
13-01-2018, 11:16 PM

Well said.

The only issue I might have is you have an iPhone¡

If someone wants to start a thread :sigh:

traceyhibs
14-01-2018, 01:43 AM
I do the same with the kids tickets for school night games at ER but the these days most of the folk I would give them to are fortunately back at ER. I must start giving the Ticket Office a phone and letting the club sell the tickets when I don't get round find a taker.

I'm the same in terms of taking kids to big games away from ER. I actually enjoyed the wee adventure down the leagues as the kids really got to see lots of grounds that I hope they don't see much of in the future. My lad was only in the old East once and that was the game before they tore it down so it was a good chance to see what football was like not so long ago in terms of facilities. At 14 he is now old enough to come with me to Tiny but I don't feel Ibrox is safe for me never mind the kids. It's pretty clear to see the Supporter's reps are fans first and I have no issue with you or Frank. I'm not sure about the role but you both do some great work and no-one can question either of you in terms of passion for the club.

Thanks very much for posting and is much welcomed.

I know what you mean re the Championship grounds they were some great away days.

Thank you

McD
14-01-2018, 10:08 AM
Bullies my arse.

i read your OP and took it in the spirit you intended mate.

I can understand why Tracey is feeling a bit put upon at the moment, I don’t think what you said was intended to add to that, and she has accepted your apology that this is the case.

Its interesting that you’ve been criticised for what you’ve said, by people who have resorted to far stronger language than you used yourself.

wookie70
14-01-2018, 12:40 PM

I can understand why Tracey is feeling a bit put upon at the moment, I don’t think what you said was intended to add to that, and she has accepted your apology that this is the case.

Its interesting that you’ve been criticised for what you’ve said, by people who have resorted to far stronger language than you used yourself.

Thanks for that I'll cancel the appointment with the psychiatrist. I must say the more the listen to and read Tracey the more her style is growing on me. I can see why she was upset and some of the comments that have been thrown at her have been way over the top but she and hopefully I managed to work together and ended up agreeing on most things. That's a very good skill to have for a Fan's rep.

Bostonhibby
14-01-2018, 12:56 PM

Its interesting that you’ve been criticised for what you’ve said, by people who have resorted to far stronger language than you used yourself.Same here, saw it as a bit of viz style approach spawned by the other more serious threads about ticketing and everything else rep related.

Think it's done to death now.

flash
14-01-2018, 01:44 PM
Thanks for that I'll cancel the appointment with the psychiatrist. I must say the more the listen to and read Tracey the more her style is growing on me. I can see why she was upset and some of the comments that have been thrown at her have been way over the top but she and hopefully I managed to work together and ended up agreeing on most things. That's a very good skill to have for a Fan's rep.

translation: that's me sorted for Parkhead tickets.

Kojock
14-01-2018, 02:01 PM

Me likewise and thought it was quite funny and witty.
Why any one would want to be a fans rep is beyond me, they are in a no win situation and as I said before it can be a thankless task. Imagine sitting in the pub trying to enjoy a beer before the game and there's a queue of people waiting to complain about, tickets, catering, tannoy system, Rangers decision plus everything else under the sun.
I doff my cap to both of them.