PDA

View Full Version : Fan Rep Interview - Rangers Statement & Loyalty Points

HibsTalk
09-01-2018, 07:16 PM
Our Interview with Hibs Official fan reps Tracey Smith and Frank Dougan is here! In Part 1 of 2 we discuss The Rangers Statement, Loyalty Points, and what the role involves. iTunes link to follow

https://soundcloud.com/hibstalk/fanreps1

A massive thank you to everyone on .net for their questions. All were written done and we covered as many of the topics as we could in 2 and a half hours.

hibbymark
09-01-2018, 07:19 PM
Link not working

Viva_Palmeiras
09-01-2018, 07:25 PM
Not working if I cut and paste on iPhone / safari

Viva_Palmeiras
09-01-2018, 07:27 PM
https://m.soundcloud.com/hibstalk/fanreps1 fixed the problem which was a typo :)

SRHibs
09-01-2018, 07:27 PM
Transcript/timestamps would be ideal if possible.

HibsTalk
09-01-2018, 08:03 PM
iTunes link

https://itunes.apple.com/au/podcast/hibs-talk/id1236445811?mt=2

DarlingtonHibee
09-01-2018, 09:39 PM
For us dinasour any chance of a android link

C Feeney-Seale
09-01-2018, 09:48 PM

I found it worked best following link from Hibs podcast’s Twitter on Android :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HibsTalk
09-01-2018, 10:07 PM

I'd recommend going to the google play store if soundcloud isn't your bag and getting the Podcast Republic app and subscribing to us on there. Hope this helps.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.itunestoppodcastplayer.app&hl=en_GB

lord bunberry
09-01-2018, 10:13 PM
Well done for doing this, but I got 20 mins in and gave up. The two fans reps are nothing of the kind. Giving reasons for making decisions isn’t what I’m looking for. Their role is to represent fans, not to do what’s best for the club, either financially or politically. We already have a board for that.
I really fail to understand the point of a fans rep. They’re not board members elected by fans, they’re fans elected by other fans to voice our opinion to the board.
What a complete waste of time.

Iggy Pope
09-01-2018, 10:22 PM
Well done for doing this, but I got 20 mins in and gave up. The two fans reps are nothing of the kind. Giving reasons for making decisions isn’t what I’m looking for. Their role is to represent fans, not to do what’s best for the club, either financially or politically. We already have a board for that.
I really fail to understand the point of a fans rep. They’re not board members elected by fans, they’re fans elected by other fans to voice our opinion to the board.
What a complete waste of time.

Exactly the question I asked. Time it stopped.

The Baldmans Comb
09-01-2018, 10:27 PM
These are two individuals who dont understand the complexity of the matters they are asked to dealand are rather out of their depth and comfort zone. :confused:

They have no idea of what their role is
which is meant to represent the fan viewpoint not their own personal viewpoint nor blindly parrot the views of the board.

I actually giggled on occasion especially when Frank seemed to bang his fist on the desk.

I switched off before the end but after hearing Tracey say at the AGM she "speaks to Frank every day at the stadium cos naebody else speaks to me" then I wasn't expecting much.

This pair have sent fan representation back to the dark ages as they are everything fan reps should not be.:agree:

Credit to the guys who set this up though as they were fair questions well presented and edited.

Baldy Foghorn
09-01-2018, 10:37 PM
These are two rather thick individuals totally and utterly out of their depth and comfort zone. :confused:

which is meant to represent the fan viewpoint not their own personal viewpoint nor blindly parrot the views of the board.

I actually giggled on occasion especially when Frank seemed to bang his fist on the desk.

I switched off before the end but after hearing Tracey say at the AGM she "speaks to Frank every day at the stadium cos naebody else speaks to me" then I wasn't expecting much.

This pair have sent fan representation back to the dark ages as they are everything fan reps should not be.:agree:

Credit to the guys who set this up though as they were fair questions well presented and edited.

Thick, really??:confused:

marinello59
09-01-2018, 10:40 PM
These are two rather thick individuals totally and utterly out of their depth and comfort zone. :confused:

A shocking post, no need for that sort of personal abuse at all.

andyf5
09-01-2018, 10:41 PM

I've not heard the podcast yet. I think you are being unfair to these individuals who have given up many hours of their own time to help our club and fellow fans. My understanding of their role is they are board members first. The benefit they both bring to our club is a grass roots opinion. Even if the majority fan view is in a particular direction they have a legal duty as a board member to act in the best interests of the club. Im happy with that and their youtube pledges to sit with the fans and not the board at ER.

Iggy Pope
09-01-2018, 10:41 PM

Take the first line away I think you'll have the consensus.

bawheid
09-01-2018, 10:42 PM
A shocking post, no need for that sort of personal abuse at all.

Agreed, dreadful. Fancy taking the time to write something like that out on an Internet forum. Sad.

WhileTheChief..
09-01-2018, 10:48 PM
Painful listening.

The club have to put an end to this fans rep nonsense asap.

Eesti
09-01-2018, 10:49 PM
Thats the point the position doesnt have a remit. An understanding of what the position aspires to. These folks are without doubt good people but dont understand/have guidance as to what a fans rep should be. It doesnt help they dont have supporters turning up in any numbers to comms meetings to understand the thoughts of the larger support. The position as it is, however, is redundant.

hibsbollah
09-01-2018, 10:53 PM
Agreed, dreadful. Fancy taking the time to write something like that out on an Internet forum. Sad.

Aside from the thick comment the rest is spot on. Embarrassing listening.

Iggy Pope
09-01-2018, 10:59 PM
Thats the point the position doesnt have a remit. An understanding of what the position aspires to. These folks are without doubt good people but dont understand/have guidance as to what a fans rep should be. It doesnt help they dont have supporters turning up in any numbers to comms meetings to understand the thoughts of the larger support. The position as it is, however, is redundant.

I know. Look at the questions. I asked why they are bothering. I think our board like having them there.

Time they were gone. Then we can get back to everyone telling the Chairman of the Hibernian Supporters Association to shut it. I always preferred that.

lord bunberry
09-01-2018, 11:02 PM

I think it’s unfair to call them thick, but I agree with the rest of your post.

ancient hibee
09-01-2018, 11:09 PM
There is no fan viewpoint as a quick glance at any of the threads on here show.There are far too many individuals who confuse their viewpoint on a subject as”the fans viewpoint”.The idea should be scrapped .Any fan who feels strongly about something can raise it with the club.

Eesti
09-01-2018, 11:11 PM
There is no fan viewpoint as a quick glance at any of the threads on here show.There are far too many individuals who confuse their viewpoint on a subject as”the fans viewpoint”.The idea should be scrapped .Any fan who feels strongly about something can raise it with the club.
Agreed. Until there can be a real way to gauge fans view and put together a proper remit with a real vote.

Kojock
09-01-2018, 11:11 PM
Both fans reps certainly appear to toe the party line. They should be a constant thorn in the boards side asking questions and demanding answers on behalf of the fans.

kevinc
09-01-2018, 11:16 PM
Brief but excellent post AH,thank you

ancient hibee
09-01-2018, 11:21 PM
Brief but excellent post AH,thank you

Please write your testimony on a twenty pound note.Thank you:greengrin

Bostonhibby
09-01-2018, 11:22 PM
What a complete waste of time.Listened to most of it and I agree with you. They are between a rock and a hard place because of the breadth of opinion across the support but it feels like fans who are simply members of the board who then get the flak for explaining the boards position to the fans on a particular issue.

The experiment was worth a shot but I don't see the benefit.

I'd have no problem if the club board simply wanted to appoint a fan as a bona fide board member but the rep role seems to be nearing an end for me.

Reading through this, it's disappointing that anyone would want to personalise criticism of people who plainly have Hibs interests at heart.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

barcahibs
09-01-2018, 11:22 PM

This, 100percent. There are probably 30-50,000 people out there who can fairly call themselves Hibs fans, and at least the same again who have an interest in the Club's doings. The idea that their can be any one unified "fan's viewpoint" on any topic is almost laughable.

I've got no problem with either of the reps, but I think they've got a totally thankless task.

FWIW I think there probably should be a 'fans rep' of some sort on the board, but that persons job should be solely to act as a point of contact between the ordinary fan and the club's management - frequently on here there'll be a thread with someone asking for LD's contact details so they can raise some point or other, I always think that direct 1 to 1 interaction with the fans isn't really what LD should be doing with her time, that for me is what a fan's rep should be for. Just a point of contact, not someone who is meant ot campaign on fans behalf or be some sort of allknowing guru on the wider fanbase's opinions on everything.

Gregor
09-01-2018, 11:46 PM
IMO - a ***** position for both reps to be put in. I feel for them.

Gonnae someone stick a pillow under Frank's paw next time there's an interview though :)

FitbaFolkKen
09-01-2018, 11:48 PM
It’s been said that the fans rep can’t represent everyone’s opinion but they could certainly provide an informed opinion of the reaction of the fan base to certain actions.

For example(I know this has happened) if we take away “Behind the Goals” how do you think that would be received? Then that could be something the reps focus on for a couple of months garnering feedback for the board and presenting it. The support is never going to agree 100% however the reps should be able to provide enough information to let the board make an informed decision. Then if the decision is taken at least the board can acknowledge the concerns of those that didn’t agree and explain why they chose that course of action.

I don’t so much see it as being a thorn in the side of the board but bringing to the attention the overall views of the fan base and communicating more effectively with us. Highlighting things such as safety issues that were raised at Tynecastle. While something like that might not need a statement it could be addressed at forums or monthly Q&A’s. A monthly blog from one of them “the fans view from the boardroom” would be something online and accessible to everyone. We have Hibs Tv that could run a behind the scenes monthly 10/15 minute where fans questions are answered. We have lots of tools that could be used to engage the fans without requiring in person attendance. Last consistent stream of information would stop something like the podcast being a deluge of questions although it is exactly the type of engagement I would be looking for.

I still think it is a positive move but as mentioned already it needs defined to be more effective.

Geo_1875
09-01-2018, 11:54 PM

As in every walk of life those with the strongest opinions and the loudest voices will make themselves heard above the silent majority. There is a "fans viewpoint" out there, it's just very difficult to put it front and centre.

silverhibee
09-01-2018, 11:58 PM
Got as far as 35 minutes and couldn't listen to it anymore, if the threats are so bad then why the f*** has Leeann Dempster not disbanded this fans reps due to death threats being received and relieved them of the role and said it wasn't a success just like she did with the loyalty points scheme.

But I doubt Leeann will get rid of the role of fans reps as they take the heat for the board from the fans.

10-01-2018, 12:10 AM
Listened to the show. Sorry but not very impressed. Used to deal with people at the Club who were happy to talk and help without having to go through a fans reps.To be honest feel I got better answers than, than the party line being rolled out now.Don't really see the worth in the 2 fans reps as it can never be representative of the support.Not knocking Frank or Tracey as individual just really don't see the worth.

Johnny Clash
10-01-2018, 12:17 AM
. Re The Rangers issue - both reps say they listened to what was said and then agreed with the consensus in the Boardroom that nothing could be done! However, prior to the meeting the reps were adamant that The Rangers had to be taken to task - as our reps understood this to be the overwhelming position of the fans (as their posts on .Net clearly stated) . I don’t think there’s been an explanation to say exactly what was said to result in this sea change. I feel, just because Rod (or whoever) says ‘trouble is, there’s nowhere we can go with this’ is too simplistic.

There’s also been a few things said about how difficult it is to gauge a consensus amongst fans but there are ways to do this. The problem was Hibs never attempted to take an official vote or hold an official poll . However, I think it’s clear from the comments posted on all forums that Hibs fans wanted The Rangers taken to task. Frank himself stated he wanted the rangers punished but then weirdly said he didn’t know why he wanted them punished ? The simple answer is: they cheated!

Fair points were made about lack of attendance at surgeries.

Anyway, Hope lessons will be learnt. In future our club should seek the majority feelings from fans by holding an official referendum. As we do with reps elections. Sure, the minority of entire support will exercise their right to vote but at least it gives a flavour of what supporters think.

wookie70
10-01-2018, 12:34 AM
Mixed bag for me. The loyalty point position is poor imo and the answer that we would only consider bringing it back if more fans attended more away games didn't make sense to me. The Rangers discussion again didn't convince.

The away ground discussion was good and some work has been done on making our hosts aware of issues but no need to have fans reps on the board for that.

I think both Frank and Tracey seem to do some good work helping individuals but that should be the limit of their role. They seemed pretty dismissive of .net imo and I think in this day and age that is foolish. I'm not convinced either of them have a clue what the fans majority view is when attending the board and all they are doing is saying what the various positions are. I would expect any board member to know than anyway. Nothing against either of them but I would change the role to fan liaison or fan contact point.

seanshow
10-01-2018, 01:19 AM
Apparently there was a working together meeting, In which Frank,Rod & Leeann attended to answer questions on a number of subjects including 'The Rangers' and apart from the regulars, One new person showed up out of 13500 season ticket holders.

....too many keyboard warriors.

Forza Fred
10-01-2018, 02:40 AM
This, 100percent. There are probably 30-50,000 people out there who can fairly call themselves Hibs fans, and at least the same again who have an interest in the Club's doings. The idea that their can be any one unified "fan's viewpoint" on any topic is almost laughable.

I've got no problem with either of the reps, but I think they've got a totally thankless task.

FWIW I think there probably should be a 'fans rep' of some sort on the board, but that persons job should be solely to act as a point of contact between the ordinary fan and the club's management - frequently on here there'll be a thread with someone asking for LD's contact details so they can raise some point or other, I always think that direct 1 to 1 interaction with the fans isn't really what LD should be doing with her time, that for me is what a fan's rep should be for. Just a point of contact, not someone who is meant ot campaign on fans behalf or be some sort of allknowing guru on the wider fanbase's opinions on everything.

There is a lot of sense in this post.

Firstly, I think the two individuals currently in the post have been horribly maligned by some, and having listened to the podcast I cannot understand some of the personal criticism.

If there is any criticism due, it is partly caused by the differing expectations of some when they look at the roles.

In effect, and it could be argued it occurred to unexpected consequences, the two elected ‘fans reps’are really ‘fans elected board members’

They cannot represent the ‘wishes of the fans’ as they would end up representing 34 different views on any subject, as it is almost impossible to get every punter to speak with one voice.

Ask someone for their view on Lewis Stevenson for example, and many different views will be forthcoming, with everybody thinking THEIR view is the appropriate one.

There is no doubt that the two people, irrespective of the title they have, have done good for the club...in areas where resource shortages may have meant that actions they have taken would NOT have been taken previously.

I know from personal experience Tracey facilitated much appreciate team videos for our 30th anniversary celebrations, and even his most sternest critic would have trouble in not doffing his cap to Frank for looking after people in the ticket queues, his work with the handicapped supporters, or his efforts in taking the Scottish Cup to some individuals.

For all their best efforts, they STILL get personally derided by some.

I think, as outlined above, there HAVE been benefits.......but perhaps instead of ‘Fans Rep Board Members’.......the role is more of a ‘fans liaison officer’.

Or still have them as board members, but rename them as ‘fan elected board members’ as they certainly can’t be expected to argue every case presented by every fan, as some obviously would be the opposite of others...

wearehibernian
10-01-2018, 03:28 AM
I think that it is great work to put this podcast together. Credit where it is due!
Perhaps some of the comments and opinions on both the interviews and on .net highlight a disconnect between the fans and the reps too. Does not seem to be a truly effective 'bottom up' approach to truly putting the views of the fans forward in a clear and representative manner. Sporadic appeals for opinion on social media and by means of surgeries seems a little disjointed. I do not blame the reps for this bye the way. And I think they have a valid point when they say that the online community is not the whole picture. They are obviously working hard.
Maybe there is work to be done in order to make the reps more aware and representative of the fans view without them having to go out and seek opinion.
Just an observation and perhaps an oversight on the whole process. Onwards and upwards because the whole idea is surely a good start. Perhaps the early beginnings of real fan representation...?

Forza Fred
10-01-2018, 03:33 AM
I think that it is great work to put this podcast together. Credit where it is due!
Perhaps some of the comments and opinions on both the interviews and on .net highlight a disconnect between the fans and the reps too. Does not seem to be a truly effective 'bottom up' approach to truly putting the views of the fans forward in a clear and representative manner. Sporadic appeals for opinion on social media and by means of surgeries seems a little disjointed. I do not blame the reps for this bye the way. And I think they have a valid point when they say that the online community is not the whole picture. They are obviously working hard.
Maybe there is work to be done in order to make the reps more aware and representative of the fans view without them having to go out and seek opinion.
Just an observation and perhaps an oversight on the whole process. Onwards and upwards because the whole idea is surely a good start. Perhaps the early beginnings of real fan representation...?

Still having trouble with the concept of ‘the fans view”

IMHO there are on any topic, many differing views held by the fans

MWHIBBIES
10-01-2018, 05:06 AM
I'd hate to see this thread if we were struggling.

Phil MaGlass
10-01-2018, 06:34 AM

Just this wee bit. it may not be the whole community, but, where else are you going to get roughly 1000 folk in one place, i think the Hibsnet are a a good section of the Hibs support and we certainly do not all toe one line. When he says its not the whole picture I think thats an easy cop out, I have absolutely no problem with fans reps as long as they are been seeing not always to toe the club line and stand up for what they think is right, and in one specific situation being the Huns situation they did´nt. As someone has said, maybe their job titles need to be changed or they need to be changed for folk that are more vocal?

Beefster
10-01-2018, 06:47 AM
Apparently there was a working together meeting, In which Frank,Rod & Leeann attended to answer questions on a number of subjects including 'The Rangers' and apart from the regulars, One new person showed up out of 13500 season ticket holders.

....too many keyboard warriors.

If only there was a method of worldwide mass communication rather than busy folk having to travel to turn up to meetings that few folk know about...

ozwoody
10-01-2018, 07:13 AM
I think its clear that a fans rep on the board just isnt workable.Due to confidentiality and toeing the party line, its clear that the role is very minimal in what they can feedback to fans.I still believe there should be a conduit between the board and fans though.Perhaps having a fans rep thats not a board member is the better option.They can still liase with the fans and have meetings with board members, but be able to report on those discussions without the hinderence of corporate governance.This would show the club is actively engaging the fans and carrying on the good work that has already taken place

HibsTalk
10-01-2018, 07:49 AM

I really like the last line :wink:

Pretty Boy
10-01-2018, 07:51 AM
I think its clear that a fans rep on the board just isnt workable.Due to confidentiality and toeing the party line, its clear that the role is very minimal in what they can feedback to fans.I still believe there should be a conduit between the board and fans though.Perhaps having a fans rep thats not a board member is the better option.They can still liase with the fans and have meetings with board members, but be able to report on those discussions without the hinderence of corporate governance.This would show the club is actively engaging the fans and carrying on the good work that has already taken place

I agree.

I argued from the very beginning that having fans reps as board members was going to lead to a lot of misunderstanding about what could be achieved and communicated.

For me he best way forward would be to develop the SLO role, as a non board position, which is mandatory anyway.

3pm
10-01-2018, 07:54 AM
I agree.

I argued from the very beginning that having fans reps as board members was going to lead to a lot of misunderstanding about what could be achieved and communicated.

For me he best way forward would be to develop the SLO role, as a non board position, which is mandatory anyway.

Probably not the best person to coment on this but if HSL want some kind of fan involvement, they could be doing a bit more to represent the supporters.

Mikey
10-01-2018, 07:59 AM
Their role is to represent fans, not to do what’s best for the club, either financially or politically.

Eh?

ronaldo7
10-01-2018, 08:24 AM
I agree.

We had an SLO, but his role was changed by the club, I think he's got some communications title now. Maybe he could communicate if he's doing both roles.

neil7908
10-01-2018, 08:35 AM
I think it's strange to say in this day and age, that it's somehow impossible to gauge the views of the fans on key issues.

The Internet and fans forums like this have made this task easier than ever. If the desire and time was there then plenty of ways to hear from a good number of people, albeit not everyone.

neil7908
10-01-2018, 08:38 AM
If only there was a method of worldwide mass communication rather than busy folk having to travel to turn up to meetings that few folk know about...

Exactly! Plenty of ways to easily connect with big chunks of supporters. You won't get everyone but we accept general election results with turnout at 60% or so.

stoneyburn hibs
10-01-2018, 08:42 AM
I respect that they're both using up their own personal time, but the idea that they might have any clout with the board is delusional. Their roles serve no purpose and should be scrapped imo.

SideBurns
10-01-2018, 08:45 AM
There is a lot of sense in this post.

Firstly, I think the two individuals currently in the post have been horribly maligned by some, and having listened to the podcast I cannot understand some of the personal criticism.

If there is any criticism due, it is partly caused by the differing expectations of some when they look at the roles.

In effect, and it could be argued it occurred to unexpected consequences, the two elected ‘fans reps’are really ‘fans elected board members’

They cannot represent the ‘wishes of the fans’ as they would end up representing 34 different views on any subject, as it is almost impossible to get every punter to speak with one voice.

Ask someone for their view on Lewis Stevenson for example, and many different views will be forthcoming, with everybody thinking THEIR view is the appropriate one.

There is no doubt that the two people, irrespective of the title they have, have done good for the club...in areas where resource shortages may have meant that actions they have taken would NOT have been taken previously.

I know from personal experience Tracey facilitated much appreciate team videos for our 30th anniversary celebrations, and even his most sternest critic would have trouble in not doffing his cap to Frank for looking after people in the ticket queues, his work with the handicapped supporters, or his efforts in taking the Scottish Cup to some individuals.

For all their best efforts, they STILL get personally derided by some.

I think, as outlined above, there HAVE been benefits.......but perhaps instead of ‘Fans Rep Board Members’.......the role is more of a ‘fans liaison officer’.

Or still have them as board members, but rename them as ‘fan elected board members’ as they certainly can’t be expected to argue every case presented by every fan, as some obviously would be the opposite of others...

Aye, without having a fans' poll on every single subject I'm not sure how the reps can bring a majority view to the Board. Personally, I don't think there will ever be a list of achievements that can be attributed to the reps' input. To me the whole idea was largely symbolic of the reconnect between the support and the club after a time when it was widely accepted that the relationship had broken down.

My only experience of contact with the reps in their roles was when Frank attended my dad's funeral, 4 days before the 2016 cup final, representing Hibs in his club blazer & tie. It was unexpected but very much appreciated, and I'm assuming wouldn't have happened under previous regimes. Perhaps it's the wee things that fly under the radar (and therefore aren't appreciated generally) that provide their worth.

As I say, I don't have huge expectations but hopefully it provides evidence that there is no longer this chasm between the support and the Board. I appreciate not everyone is satisfied with that idea, but if you can be then you can concentrate your attention on what happens on the park on a Saturday.

Pretty Boy
10-01-2018, 08:49 AM
We had an SLO, but his role was changed by the club, I think he's got some communications title now. Maybe he could communicate if he's doing both roles.

Yep I know there was/is an SLO but I'm not sure it's been used as effectively as it could be. If you look at the job description for the role it seems to tick a lot of boxes of what people want from the fans reps.

ronaldo7
10-01-2018, 08:54 AM
Yep I know there was/is an SLO but I'm not sure it's been used as effectively as it could be. If you look at the job description for the role it seems to tick a lot of boxes of what people want from the fans reps.

It does all the things a "fans rep" should do. It also keeps them at arms length from the board, if it's being carried out as per the job description.

lord bunberry
10-01-2018, 09:07 AM
Eh?
We already have a board that’s dong a good job at running the club. We didn’t need to add another 2 people to the board.

hibsbollah
10-01-2018, 09:53 AM
. Re The Rangers issue - both reps say they listened to what was said and then agreed with the consensus in the Boardroom that nothing could be done! However, prior to the meeting the reps were adamant that The Rangers had to be taken to task - as our reps understood this to be the overwhelming position of the fans (as their posts on .Net clearly stated) . I don’t think there’s been an explanation to say exactly what was said to result in this sea change. I feel, just because Rod (or whoever) says ‘trouble is, there’s nowhere we can go with this’ is too simplistic.

There’s also been a few things said about how difficult it is to gauge a consensus amongst fans but there are ways to do this. The problem was Hibs never attempted to take an official vote or hold an official poll . However, I think it’s clear from the comments posted on all forums that Hibs fans wanted The Rangers taken to task. Frank himself stated he wanted the rangers punished but then weirdly said he didn’t know why he wanted them punished ? The simple answer is: they cheated!

Fair points were made about lack of attendance at surgeries.

Anyway, Hope lessons will be learnt. In future our club should seek the majority feelings from fans by holding an official referendum. As we do with reps elections. Sure, the minority of entire support will exercise their right to vote but at least it gives a flavour of what supporters think.

Frank and Tracy both come across particularly badly on the Rangers issue. Tracy seems to doubt that there is a genuine majority for challenging the Rangers. Frank justifies the decision on the basis that Celtic is the only club that have an issue with The Rangers. Frank doesn't know why he wanted Rangers punished, took on board what was said to him by the Board and changed his mind??! Well, i think most of us can help him with why they should have been punished! They constantly bang on about the poor turnout from fans at meetings, which just isn't relevant to the question of why they took the decision they did....And so it continues, on and on, for far too long, every single point they raise can be easily and logically knocked right back at them.

They've listened to the Board position and passed it back to the fans. Which has been already said, isn't really what I understood their job to be. While the 'thick' comments earlier in the thread were obviously out of order, it is fair to say that both Tracy and Frank are going to struggle to win arguments with skilled debaters and negotiators. They should have concentrated on having a 'fans line' and sticking to it.

hibbysam
10-01-2018, 09:53 AM
What really really annoys me is when it comes to ‘The Rangers’ saga that the board seem so far out of touch that they have no idea what people want. They keep banging on (literally in Frank’s case last night) about not being in any legal position for any action to take place, I guess they mean stripping titles, fines etc etc, but that’s not what people are asking for. Frank said he wondered if it was because it was rangers and the rivalry etc, it doesn’t matter which club it involved, the investigation was to be into the SFA, not rangers. It was regarding the process which allowed crooks to get hold of that club, that allowed finances to spiral out of control, that allowed a new club special deals and licenses so they could play football, ignoring their own rules. That’s what fans want investigated, and for whatever reason (I reckon I have an idea) our club seem to totally ignore that.

I get that there would be legal issues in regards to stripping titles, hence why that will never happen, but those in charge of our governing body at the time are still there and that’s not on.

When frank said ‘should we investigate Livingston and hearts too, where does it stop’ it was clear he had no idea what it is that’s being pushed.

Last night we heard 90 minutes of stuff we already knew, apart from 5 minutes on away grounds feedback.

hibsbollah
10-01-2018, 09:55 AM
What really really annoys me is when it comes to ‘The Rangers’ saga that the board seem so far out of touch that they have no idea what people want. They keep banging on (literally in Frank’s case last night) about not being in any legal position for any action to take place, I guess they mean stripping titles, fines etc etc, but that’s not what people are asking for. Frank said he wondered if it was because it was rangers and the rivalry etc, it doesn’t matter which club it involved, the investigation was to be into the SFA, not rangers. It was regarding the process which allowed crooks to get hold of that club, that allowed finances to spiral out of control, that allowed a new club special deals and licenses so they could play football, ignoring their own rules. That’s what fans want investigated, and for whatever reason (I reckon I have an idea) our club seem to totally ignore that.

I get that there would be legal issues in regards to stripping titles, hence why that will never happen, but those in charge of our governing body at the time are still there and that’s not on.

When frank said ‘should we investigate Livingston and hearts too, where does it stop’ it was clear he had no idea what it is that’s being pushed.

Last night we heard 90 minutes of stuff we already knew, apart from 5 minutes on away grounds feedback.

:agree: Classic 'straw man' stuff.

GreenCastle
10-01-2018, 10:07 AM
We already have a board that’s dong a good job at running the club. We didn’t need to add another 2 people to the board.

There does seems to be missing link where fans have feedback about the club but feel their opinion isn’t always heard.

Obviously football clubs will always have fans with opinions of some sort but the key is to find a way that feedback is somehow addressed.

Fans forums at the stadium / surgeries don’t seem to work or not been promoted well enough.

Hibs forums seem to be the most popular way but also a minefield as you can havenhndercover fans / journalists etc posting / trolling.

There should maybe be some sort of feedback before renewing a ST or midseason sent to st holders only.

Again is that a wide view of the full fan base ?

The 2 fans reps seem to have taken the heat off RP and co as they are now in the firing line - seems they are stuck in the middle - they listen and care to a degree but without the power to make much change.

The Hibs board has improved since LD took charge but I still think we could improve with someone at the club in a paid role to deal with feedback and supported issues - but again it’s making sure it reaches those who have the power to make change.

Mikey
10-01-2018, 10:13 AM

I must be misinterpreting what you said. It looks to me like you want them to go against what's best for the club if that's what the fans want.

Ozyhibby
10-01-2018, 10:28 AM
As I’m sure the fans reps will be checking this thread can I ask them again what the clubs position on strengthening FFP rules in future are in order to prevent what happened with Rangers happening again in future?

EH54
10-01-2018, 10:52 AM
I must be misinterpreting what you said. It looks to me like you want them to go against what's best for the club if that's what the fans want.

The board are going to do whats best for the club regardless of what 2 fans rep says. Supporters and board members are always going to see things differently if we have fan reps on the board who are just going to be Yes men or women to the current board then whats the point. I think they are both in a lose lose situation and the whole thing should be scrapped.

JeMeSouviens
10-01-2018, 11:04 AM
Jesus wept.

If they don't even understand the difference between Livingston/Hearts spending outwith their means and Rangers deliberately concealing side contracts to evade tax (and having been found guilty ffs) then wtf is the point?

It comes across that they have been told* "there's nothing can be done" and blindly accepted it at face value.

* presumably by Mr Vested Interest In Moving On Petrie.

blackpoolhibs
10-01-2018, 11:08 AM
Jesus wept.

If they don't even understand the difference between Livingston/Hearts spending outwith their means and Rangers deliberately concealing side contracts to evade tax (and having been found guilty ffs) then wtf is the point?

It comes across that they have been told* "there's nothing can be done" and blindly accepted it at face value.

No wonder they voted with the club. :agree: Sweep sweep sweep, fans rep my arse, club apologists.

They are not representing the fans, they are doing the jobs the club want them to do. Great work listening to what they have done, but representing the fans. :faf:

Ozyhibby
10-01-2018, 11:11 AM
Jesus wept.

It was hard to listen to.

Mikey
10-01-2018, 11:13 AM
The board are going to do whats best for the club regardless of what 2 fans rep says. Supporters and board members are always going to see things differently if we have fan reps on the board who are just going to be Yes men or women to the current board then whats the point. I think they are both in a lose lose situation and the whole thing should be scrapped.

Thank goodness someone is.

neil7908
10-01-2018, 12:13 PM
Thank goodness someone is.

Boards in any business will always do what they THINK is best for the organisation. But boards, even very good ones like ours, make mistakes and misjudge things.

That's where I hope fans reps could offer a counter balance or difference point of view.

WestStandWillie
10-01-2018, 12:23 PM
I've seen that Frank Diggin at games and he's passionate, doesn't look to have transferred over to fans rep role - although I suspect they are handicapped by Rod the Fraud and co.

Time for the roles to be scrapped - wae immediate effect!

cabbageandribs1875
10-01-2018, 12:31 PM
I've seen that Frank Diggin at games and he's passionate, doesn't look to have transferred over to fans rep role - although I suspect they are handicapped by Rod the Fraud and co.

frank really shouldn't be diggin at his age

Beefster
10-01-2018, 12:34 PM
Car crash listening.

It sounds like, whether they were Board members or not, there would be plenty of excuses about why they can't effectively represent the support. FFS, as soon as someone trots out 'the silent majority', you know they're doing something wrong.

bigwheel
10-01-2018, 12:47 PM
so, just listened to the full interview...Here's my views- don't know either of there fan reps, or those doing the podcast...so simply an independent opinion..

Well done to the interviewers and the reps for facing in to all the topics...

The personal comments in a few of the early posts on this are unhelpful and unnecessary. Neither of the fans reps are shed on their media presence . That's not what they are in the role for, so if there communication isn't word perfect - who cares...they are there to represent the fans and the club.

The passion for the club from both came over , loud and clear. Not unexpected, but no one can say they don't care..

Frank could have been helped but one of the guys doing the recording to tip him to not hit his hand on the table when making points ...wouldn't have been a natural thought for someone not used to being recorded.

Felt they faced in to all the topics, difficult as some where. Didn't hide on any topic. Felt they answered the Rangers topics fairly well...many will never be happy with the outcome, but personally I respect that different opinions were considered and Hibs have reached the right outcome for us.

Loyalty points - again very clear messages - didn't agree with the conclusions , and some of it didn't quite stand up for me (for example: the point that every club has the same issues - well, they don't - many have well functioning loyalty point systems) - but they answered the points raised..

Frank's style if forthright and can come over a bit competitive - probably not the perfect style, but that is the man, and I'm sure whilst communication might not be his strongest point, his passion for the club and those around it, will help him make an impact in the role.

I liked Tracey's style. Humble and respectful of the role she has, understands the responsibility of the role. Grew on me through the recording..have a lot of time for the way she responded to many of the points.

The theme of some of the posts on this thread that there isn't a "unified view" from fans , therefore "how can they represent one view?" is a flawed view. Representing the fans voice can be done by sharing that there are differing views...it is not as simple often as one opinion..and it sounded like they recognised that

I still feel they could do better with regular feedback - but Tracey acknowledged that - and yes, Frank is a bit old skull - but it feels like they have a good mix of skills and approaches - and as Tracey grows in to the role, it will get improve more..

So, this note likely stands out as a different tone from many on this thread - but well done to those involved and , Fans reps - keep up the good work - you have at least one supporter on here :wink:

lord bunberry
10-01-2018, 12:59 PM
There does seems to be missing link where fans have feedback about the club but feel their opinion isn’t always heard.

Obviously football clubs will always have fans with opinions of some sort but the key is to find a way that feedback is somehow addressed.

Fans forums at the stadium / surgeries don’t seem to work or not been promoted well enough.

Hibs forums seem to be the most popular way but also a minefield as you can havenhndercover fans / journalists etc posting / trolling.

There should maybe be some sort of feedback before renewing a ST or midseason sent to st holders only.

Again is that a wide view of the full fan base ?

The 2 fans reps seem to have taken the heat off RP and co as they are now in the firing line - seems they are stuck in the middle - they listen and care to a degree but without the power to make much change.

The Hibs board has improved since LD took charge but I still think we could improve with someone at the club in a paid role to deal with feedback and supported issues - but again it’s making sure it reaches those who have the power to make change.
For me their role should be to take the concerns of the fans and make sure the people in the boardroom fully understand them. I don’t want them making decisions and voting on club matters, they’re not qualified for that, and they don’t have any real power anyway.

lord bunberry
10-01-2018, 01:03 PM
No, not at all. I want them to voice the opinions of the fans to the board, then let the board get on with making the decisions. If the board goes against what the fans want, then it’s up to the board to take the flak. Right now we have the two reps taking the flak, when they don’t really have any influence to make these decisions. I don’t think this situation is a coincidence.

Brizo
10-01-2018, 01:38 PM
The "fans rep" title is a misnomer and the whole things a cosmetic exercise.

Their hands will always be tied by collective Board responsibility and while they need to be subject to those checks and balances, it means that they will never have any tangible Boardroom influence.

If they were to be re branded as "fan liaison officers" and come off the Board it might give them some autonomy and take away some of the unrealistic expectations. I still think they'd have little or no influence as the real Board members will always do what the real Board members want to do.

bigwheel
10-01-2018, 01:53 PM
Some people are advocating for fans reps to not be in board meeting discussions, or in any decision making meetings - How would that improve the impact of their role? That doesn't make any sense. Surely being fully part of the discussions and decision making process is the best way to create influence and impact?

Yes the role has collective responsibility as part of the board. I have no doubt that two fans being around the board will broaden the input into the board discussions - can only be a good thing...the board needs to make the best decisions for the club. Sometimes, that will match what most fans want, often it may not. It doesn't reduce the impact of the fans reps role for me.

Some of the populist agenda items, seem not too have gone the way many fans hoped for e.g. Rangers ...so the fans rep role is being dismissed as irrelevant - rather than welcoming that at least we have fans voices directly input into those topics - what's the alternative - no fan involvement in the board? How would that be a step forward?

WhileTheChief..
10-01-2018, 01:55 PM

Rod the fraud??

What you getting at here?

CLASS OF 72 -73
10-01-2018, 02:13 PM
Great site chaps and ladies.
Apologies my first post is not a positive one.
While the reps are true Hibs fans and I admire them putting themselves up for selection, I think they have been thrown into the deep end without a paddle and with no disrespect meant a little out their depth. They are fodder for the likes of Petrie and even Leanne's corporate speak and power in the boardroom and should reconsider their participation.

I am baffled by the 'Rangers question' discussed that they believe general consensus from Hibs fans backing Celtics position is just a few hot heads repeating the same tune online. Little can be done now but if we don't at least show our true green colour, perceptions will remain that its okay to cheat the Scottish game and open to repetition.
:flag:

Ozyhibby
10-01-2018, 02:34 PM
Great site chaps and ladies.
Apologies my first post is not a positive one.
While the reps are true Hibs fans and I admire them putting themselves up for selection, I think they have been thrown into the deep end without a paddle and with no disrespect meant a little out their depth. They are fodder for the likes of Petrie and even Leanne's corporate speak and power in the boardroom and should reconsider their participation.

I am baffled by the 'Rangers question' discussed that they believe general consensus from Hibs fans backing Celtics position is just a few hot heads repeating the same tune online. Little can be done now but if we don't at least show our true green colour, perceptions will remain that its okay to cheat the Scottish game and open to repetition.
:flag:

Great first post.

NAE NOOKIE
10-01-2018, 02:37 PM

I'm in the 'wanted Petrie punted the second we got relegated' camp, there's no doubt his ( as it turns out ) inspired decision to appoint Leann Dempster has saved his bacon and in calmer waters even folk like me can look back with hindsight and see that his tenure hasn't been all negative with the stadium and training facilities we now have being mostly his work.

So yes, RP has been both good and bad for this club ..... I missed the bit where he committed "fraud" though, that sound like something the fans should be told about, perhaps you could enlighten us?

Kojock
10-01-2018, 03:19 PM
The fans reps are just whipping boys/girls for the board. Let them take the flak for unpopular decisions whilst Petrie and his merry band sit in their Ivory Towers getting an easy ride.

Nakedmanoncrack
10-01-2018, 03:24 PM
I'm only half an hour or so in but this is utterly horrendous, I've been critical of them over the Rangers issue, but I'm actually shocked at such a complete failure to understand the issues, sadly these two are completely out of depth.

No doubt reading the (entirely fair) analysis of the reps performance won't be comfortable for them, or their friends.

They are going to get criticism, sometimes strong criticism, this doesn't equate to the 'shocking abuse' repeatedly claimed.

I've voted in both the elections, but it’s ran its course, I would scrap the roles.

lucky
10-01-2018, 03:41 PM
We elected fans to the board of our club so that the fans voices can be heard in the boardroom. When electing people I don’t expect them to agree or vote for everything I say or believe. But I believe both our fan reps will have taken onboard views from a cross selection of the support and then ultimately make decisions based on these views and their own. They may even have had their views changed by debate round the boardroom table. I think many on here strugggle with the fact none of us are the “fans view “ but the reps do a great job in extremely trying circumstances trying to portray our views.

It’s not long ago the Chair of HSA was the anti christ on here for giving his views. Some really need to wind their necks in. This is a fans forum and it’s meant to be a bit of fun amongst Hibs fans

JDHibs
10-01-2018, 03:48 PM
I just cant believe loads of people thought that our board, who earn 10s of thousands of pounds a year, were going to invite 2 fans onto the board as volunteers and give these 2 fans any say in what goes on around our club!

You cant be that naive, surely?

The fans rep positions are merely a gimmick. They can voice whatever they want to the board, but if it isnt in the best interests of the club, i.e the sevco issue, no matter what the fans rep say, wont mean a thing.

Giving abuse and slating the fans rep is out of order. Im sure they do their best with what voice they do have, but as usual, fans just want to jump on a bandwagen and start shouting from the rooftops without thinking about it.

FYI, this was my 1000th post....

CropleyWasGod
10-01-2018, 03:53 PM
I just cant believe loads of people thought that our board, who earn 10s of thousands of pounds a year, were going to invite 2 fans onto the board as volunteers and give these 2 fans any say in what goes on around our club!

The fans rep positions are merely a gimmick. They can voice whatever they want to the board, but if it isnt in the best interests of the club, i.e the sevco issue, no matter what the fans rep say, wont mean a thing.

Giving abuse and slating the fans rep is out of order. Im sure they do their best with what voice they do have, but as usual, fans just want to jump on a bandwagen and start shouting from the rooftops without thinking about it.

FYI, this was my 1000th post....The majority of our Board are unpaid.

Only LD and Jamie Marwick are paid.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Iggy Pope
10-01-2018, 03:57 PM

FYI, this was my 1000th post....

Hmm. Right then.

JDHibs
10-01-2018, 04:00 PM
The majority of our Board are unpaid.

Only LD and Jamie Marwick are paid.

Wasnt aware of that. I imagine the others on the board have a certain amount of power, although not paid by the club.

Hmm. Right then.

So you believe that the fans rep deserve death threats, abuse and what is turning out to be a online hate campaign?

CropleyWasGod
10-01-2018, 04:02 PM
Wasnt aware of that. I imagine the others on the board have a certain amount of power, although not paid by the club.

So you believe that the fans rep deserve death threats, abuse and what is turning out to be a online hate campaign?They have the same legal power as all Board members.

JDHibs
10-01-2018, 04:05 PM
They have the same legal power as all Board members.

And members of the police force have all the same legal powers as me, technically, but i would imagine they would seen as different by others, such as judges and fellow police officers

Power can mean alot of things. Fans reps will be at the bottom of the pile, by a long distance, in terms of boardroom power.

Nakedmanoncrack
10-01-2018, 04:06 PM

So you believe that the fans rep deserve death threats, abuse and what is turning out to be a online hate campaign?

Abuse is to be deplored, where would we need to look to see this hate campaign?

Iggy Pope
10-01-2018, 04:09 PM

Is this your campaign? Behave.

JDHibs
10-01-2018, 04:12 PM
Abuse is to be deplored, where would we need to look to see this hate campaign?

Check any thread that mentions the Sevco/titles issue. There have been several over the past few months. Especially around the time when Hibs announced no action would be taken. Check all media outlets.

Nakedmanoncrack
10-01-2018, 04:14 PM
Check any thread that mentions the Sevco/titles issue. There have been several over the past few months. Especially around the time when Hibs announced no action would be taken. Check all media outlets.

How have I missed this 'shocking abuse' then?

JDHibs
10-01-2018, 04:20 PM
How have I missed this 'shocking abuse' then?

Do you live under a rock?

For a start, the fans reps were called "Thick" on the 12th comment on this thread, or did you not read the thread and just cherry pick a comment?

Im not going to hold you hand and walk you through it.

blackpoolhibs
10-01-2018, 04:24 PM

For a start, the fans reps were called "Thick" on the 12th comment on this thread, or did you not read the thread and just cherry pick a comment?

Jesus christ, how will they survive this tirade? :faf:

Iggy Pope
10-01-2018, 04:25 PM
I've been called thick and a cock. Sadly never together. Who do I report this to?

blackpoolhibs
10-01-2018, 04:27 PM
I've been called thick and a cock. Sadly never together. Who do I report this to?

:top marks

JDHibs
10-01-2018, 04:35 PM
Jesus christ, how will they survive this tirade? :faf:

It was an example, but whatever floats your boat. Sorry for not believing that abusing fellow fans is acceptable.

We are all here for the same reasons.

There are some tablets online that may beable to join 'think' and 'cock' together for you?

blackpoolhibs
10-01-2018, 04:52 PM
It was an example, but whatever floats your boat. Sorry for not believing that abusing fellow fans is acceptable.

There are some tablets online that may beable to join 'think' and 'cock' together for you?

I agree, abusing fellow fans is not on, but being a football forum, you will get a certain level of words you wont see on a knitting site or car mechanics.

Its football.

Nakedmanoncrack
10-01-2018, 04:55 PM

:faf:

Somebody suggesting someone is 'thick' could possibly be considered slightly more abusive than suggesting they ''live under a rock'' or need ''walked through'' things, or maybe not, however neither would qualify as ''shocking abuse'', ''campaign of hate etc''.

The person who posted that has edited it out anyway, but nice cherry picking.:thumbsup:

JeMeSouviens
10-01-2018, 05:05 PM

but presumably not "thick skinned"? :wink:

matty_f
10-01-2018, 05:41 PM
I think that they said there wasn't a vote on the Rangers issue? Is that right?

Onion
10-01-2018, 05:43 PM
Boards in any business will always do what they THINK is best for the organisation. But boards, even very good ones like ours, make mistakes and misjudge things.

That's where I hope fans reps could offer a counter balance or difference point of view.

Think too many folk are confusing Hibs with a normal business, which its not.

Normal businesses need to monitor and respond to customer views to survive and compete. Many spend £millions to get it. Hibs doesn't. Hibs just need to put a successful team on the park. Get that right and everything else is a minor distraction. Only exception, where I've seen fan views change Board behaviour was the Sevco affair, where there was real threat of fans voting with their feet.

Fan reps can provide a view, but the Board will ultimately do what it thinks is in Hibs best interests.

bigwheel
10-01-2018, 05:44 PM
I think that they said there wasn't a vote on the Rangers issue? Is that right?

Yes.

Votes at board meetings are, in my experience, rare. Boards seek to agree a single consensus position- that every member supports - in and out of the meeting. It’s not a democratic process , but one of alignment.

Iggy Pope
10-01-2018, 05:56 PM

Hilarious stuff.

lapsedhibee
10-01-2018, 08:55 PM
There are some tablets online that may be able to join 'think' and 'cock' together for you?

No, there aren't. It's only wimmin who want to subject men to shocking abuse and hate campaigns that tell them their brains are in their cocks. It's not actually true.

BSEJVT
10-01-2018, 09:00 PM
Car Crash Listening

I have great admiration for Frank & Tracey giving up their time but their position is completely unworkable.

What should happen is a SLO who appears before the board, but doesn't sit on it or is bound by the constraints of being a board member.

That SLO should pick up all the feel good stories they rightfully take great delight in but should also be able to report back on the matters taken to the board and their responses objectively rather that repeating " all is barry" through consensus policies.

The problem is that there is no consensus amongst the support on anything, so on the one hand something is taken to the board and those that raised it are happy their wishes were accommodated. But many others having a whole series of different positions on the issue and are cheesed off at the outcome.

The only real way I can think of agreeing at a consensus of any particular topic is by internet polling where people need to be qualified in some way to obtain the right to vote.

Fans Reps will remain an open sore until the sorry experiment is abandoned.

I don't have the same distrust of the board as many other posters on this thread, but if I wanted to be ultra cynical I might agree that the one thing fans reps have achieved on the board is to divide the focus on Rod Petrie as the devil incarnate.

This btw from someone who would view Rod Petrie's time at Hibs as markedly more positive than negative when examined over the length of his service

Nakedmanoncrack
10-01-2018, 10:30 PM
Car Crash Listening

I have great admiration for Frank & Tracey giving up their time but their position is completely unworkable.

What should happen is a SLO who appears before the board, but doesn't sit on it or is bound by the constraints of being a board member.

That SLO should pick up all the feel good stories they rightfully take great delight in but should also be able to report back on the matters taken to the board and their responses objectively rather that repeating " all is barry" through consensus policies.

The problem is that there is no consensus amongst the support on anything, so on the one hand something is taken to the board and those that raised it are happy their wishes were accommodated. But many others having a whole series of different positions on the issue and are cheesed off at the outcome.

The only real way I can think of agreeing at a consensus of any particular topic is by internet polling where people need to be qualified in some way to obtain the right to vote.

I don't have the same distrust of the board as many other posters on this thread, but if I wanted to be ultra cynical I might agree that the one thing fans reps have achieved on the board is to divide the focus on Rod Petrie as the devil incarnate.

This btw from someone who would view Rod Petrie's time at Hibs as markedly more positive than negative when examined over the length of his service

Some good points, I was very much in favour of the roles being created, and was one of the "few that could be bothered" to vote both times, (including for Frank on both occasions). But it has failed, I'll accept I was naive to believe it wouldn't, truth is that whilst the "reps" sit on the board they cannot be fan reps. They are entirely co-opted, serving the interests of the board rather than the supporters. It really doesn't matter who does the job, it is an impossible one. I still believe there can be a role for elected supporters in pushing our interests & priorities, but this can only be as genuine Representatives - the currently set up doesn't allow this and needs to go.

Weststandwanab
10-01-2018, 10:36 PM
Yes.

Votes at board meetings are, in my experience, rare. Boards seek to agree a single consensus position- that every member supports - in and out of the meeting. It’s not a democratic process , but one of alignment.

I was 1 director (of 4) in a well known Edinburgh Taxi Company and the only time in 20 years we had a vote was when we received a take over bid.

In simple terms you can have 20 Directors (2 of which represent "fans") and three shareholders and the 3 will always prevail.

As much as a good job the fans reps do they are powerless and therefore rudderless and pointless.

Alan62
10-01-2018, 10:40 PM
Surely the 'fans' representatives' are like any elected representative. You don't expect your MP to agree with the views of every one of their constituents or even groups of their constituents. Frank and Tracy stated their cases for becoming members of the board along with a number of others. It was up to the 'fans' to vote for the people that they wanted to represent them within the board.

wookie70
10-01-2018, 10:51 PM
Surely the 'fans' representatives' are like any elected representative. You don't expect your MP to agree with the views of every one of their constituents or even groups of their constituents. Frank and Tracy stated their cases for becoming members of the board along with a number of others. It was up to the 'fans' to vote for the people that they wanted to represent them within the board.

I would expect my MP to vote in line with their party or personal manifestos. I actually think that might not be a bad idea for the next round of Fan Rep votes if there is any. Make the fans reps write an election address and then vote for the one that most represents your views. That way there is a fair chance that the majority fan view will be represented. At the moment it looks like they are trying to say what all the various fans views are which is pretty pointless. You can't represent them all as they have opposing views you need to gauge what the majority view is and run with that imo.

I want the role to be outside the board but with access to the board before any board meetings.

Alan62
10-01-2018, 11:41 PM
I would expect my MP to vote in line with their party or personal manifestos. I actually think that might not be a bad idea for the next round of Fan Rep votes if there is any. Make the fans reps write an election address and then vote for the one that most represents your views. That way there is a fair chance that the majority fan view will be represented. At the moment it looks like they are trying to say what all the various fans views are which is pretty pointless. You can't represent them all as they have opposing views you need to gauge what the majority view is and run with that imo.

I want the role to be outside the board but with access to the board before any board meetings.

Eh, surely that is what they did do? The fans reps all stated their case. They had meetings. People voted. They go with a mandate of sorts from the people that elected them and use their judgement (which they assured people they had) to do the right thing for the fans and the club.

I actually believe there is value in having elected non-executive directors on the board. But it is a position that requires a good skill base as well as a love of the club. I don't know either representative personally so I can't comment on their qualifications for the job.

wookie70
11-01-2018, 12:21 AM
Eh, surely that is what they did do? The fans reps all stated their case. They had meetings. People voted. They go with a mandate of sorts from the people that elected them and use their judgement (which they assured people they had) to do the right thing for the fans and the club.

I actually believe there is value in having elected non-executive directors on the board. But it is a position that requires a good skill base as well as a love of the club. I don't know either representative personally so I can't comment on their qualifications for the job.

From what I remember they read more like

Hibs History
I will be a good Fans Rep because of these various skills etc and
I am going to use social media more and talk to fans at games
Vote Me

I have tried to look on the fishy site for the personal statements but the link bizarrely goes to a page trying to sell Player of the Year tickets. I managed to find Tracey's youtube statement and there is no personal view on anything. I also found one of the unsuccessful candidate's statements and again it was about representing all views.

Listening to Tracey I have no doubt she has done a decent job in following her "Manifesto" The problem is that by representing all views she is almost representing none as she is essentially making an argument against everything she says whilst she says it.

I think what I am saying is I want a candidate who is willing to be partisan to represent the majority of supporter's view whether they feel that way or not. They would also need to find a way to reasonably gauge what that majority view is. I also want one who will report what views they will take to the board before meetings. i realise it is difficult not to toe the party line after the meeting but I want to know they had a dash on behalf of the majority of supporters and I realise I may well not hold that majority view. Like most boards there will be a couple of key members who essentially decide everything and they most certainly won't be the supporter's reps unless the club is fan owned.

Ozyhibby
11-01-2018, 01:05 AM
Car Crash Listening

That last paragraph amazes me. In the last 21 seasons since Rod joined the board we have consistently had the 5th highest crowds and therefore player budget in the league yet we have only managed a top 5 finish 4 times. That’s 4 times in 21 seasons we performed in line with our budget. It’s hard to see how anyone could give him pass marks for that.
Our average league position since he joined the board is 9th.
If you judge him on the building job alone then the stadium and training centre are great but on the field not so much.
Both cup win were amazing, although other clubs have experienced that as well.

BSEJVT
11-01-2018, 07:31 AM
That last paragraph amazes me. In the last 21 seasons since Rod joined the board we have consistently had the 5th highest crowds and therefore player budget in the league yet we have only managed a top 5 finish 4 times. That’s 4 times in 21 seasons we performed in line with our budget. It’s hard to see how anyone could give him pass marks for that.
Our average league position since he joined the board is 9th.
If you judge him on the building job alone then the stadium and training centre are great but on the field not so much.
Both cup win were amazing, although other clubs have experienced that as well.

Thing is I don't think you can separate the on-field and off-field activities

One clearly impacts upon the others

If you consider the utter shambles we were when STF & Rod took over, to get to where we are is startling

Outwith the ugly sisters no-one is within a million miles of where we are.

My hope and expectation is that we will now kick on and establish ourselves where we ought to be whilst our competitors struggle with the issues we have faced and overcome.

See HMFC for an illustration!

That the time of their running the club has in large part been painful, there is no doubt, but we are only custodians of the club for the next generations.

Famous Five era not withstanding we have actually won 3 trophies in that time which would compare favourably with most periods in our history

I am comfortable that my children and grandchildren will reap the benefits of what we have sown.

Maybe having a bean counter running the club who understood the benefits of having the infrastructure in place to enable the business to perform will be seen as a good thing in the years to come?

One things for sure when we are dead and gone, maybe even before when STF and Rod Petrie bow out, we will be in a far better place than we were when they came onboard.

If that's not success that I don't know what is?

The problem with football discussions about anything is that its emotive and personalises issues on individuals and once folks minds are made up about an individual they seldom change. I am as guilty as anyone so its not a criticism.

Rational thought and thinking through the issues to arrive at a balanced viewpoint seldom occur. Once I had decided James Collins was pish, that was it.

Rod Petrie could become the next Mother Theresa, but many folk would remember only as the man in charge when we were crap for various periods and who should have spent £150k on LG

Ozyhibby
11-01-2018, 08:52 AM
Thing is I don't think you can separate the on-field and off-field activities

One clearly impacts upon the others

If you consider the utter shambles we were when STF & Rod took over, to get to where we are is startling

Outwith the ugly sisters no-one is within a million miles of where we are.

My hope and expectation is that we will now kick on and establish ourselves where we ought to be whilst our competitors struggle with the issues we have faced and overcome.

See HMFC for an illustration!

That the time of their running the club has in large part been painful, there is no doubt, but we are only custodians of the club for the next generations.

Famous Five era not withstanding we have actually won 3 trophies in that time which would compare favourably with most periods in our history

I am comfortable that my children and grandchildren will reap the benefits of what we have sown.

Maybe having a bean counter running the club who understood the benefits of having the infrastructure in place to enable the business to perform will be seen as a good thing in the years to come?

One things for sure when we are dead and gone, maybe even before when STF and Rod Petrie bow out, we will be in a far better place than we were when they came onboard.

If that's not success that I don't know what is?

The problem with football discussions about anything is that its emotive and personalises issues on individuals and once folks minds are made up about an individual they seldom change. I am as guilty as anyone so its not a criticism.

Rational thought and thinking through the issues to arrive at a balanced viewpoint seldom occur. Once I had decided James Collins was pish, that was it.

Rod Petrie could become the next Mother Theresa, but many folk would remember only as the man in charge when we were crap for various periods and who should have spent £150k on LG

I understand that we have built a lot of infrastructure but it did not affect our budget that much. It was always around the 5th biggest in the league. And to only perform in line with that 4 times in 21 years is seriously bad.
It’s not a case of not spending the money, we did. It was how badly the club was being run that we wasted so much of it. He has a disgraceful record and only if the next ten years are a roaring success does he have a half chance of it looking positive.
His record at the SFA is following a similar path, without the good infrastructure.

BSEJVT
11-01-2018, 09:06 AM
I understand that we have built a lot of infrastructure but it did not affect our budget that much. It was always around the 5th biggest in the league. And to only perform in line with that 4 times in 21 years is seriously bad.
It’s not a case of not spending the money, we did. It was how badly the club was being run that we wasted so much of it. He has a disgraceful record and only if the next ten years are a roaring success does he have a half chance of it looking positive.
His record at the SFA is following a similar path, without the good infrastructure.

Of course it effected our budget

We would have spent rocking on £20m

Ozyhibby
11-01-2018, 09:19 AM
Of course it effected our budget

We would have spent rocking on £20m

Of the top of my head £10m came from player sales, £4m still to pay, some of it was forgiven by the bank.
The actual wage budget was always 5th highest yet we rarely were. Maybe if we hadn’t built it then our wage bill could have climbed to 4th highest some years but the evidence shows we would have not spent it well anyway so building was the best thing we could have done with the money while Petrie was there. For that we should be grateful to him.

oneone73
11-01-2018, 09:27 AM
Of the top of my head £10m came from player sales, £4m still to pay, some of it was forgiven by the bank.
The actual wage budget was always 5th highest yet we rarely were. Maybe if we hadn’t built it then our wage bill could have climbed to 4th highest some years but the evidence shows we would have not spent it well anyway so building was the best thing we could have done with the money while Petrie was there. For that we should be grateful to him.

Big wedge from the car park sale, too.

Nakedmanoncrack
11-01-2018, 09:34 AM

:agree:

weecounty hibby
11-01-2018, 09:35 AM
So, devils advocate time, Petrie while building the stadium and HTC also backed the managers with the 5th highest wage bill in Scotland. Who's to blame for signing pish players? Was it the managers or was it Petrie? 3 major trophies in 21 years, two relegations, two championship wins, a number of cup finals, and even bigger number of semi finals. It's never been boring!! I think he has done ok overall and we as a club are now in a position that every other outside the OF would take in a minute. Maybe even der Hun would swap as well. Onwards and upwards

BSEJVT
11-01-2018, 09:37 AM

That mistakes were made there is no doubt.

I would say those mistakes involved recruiting the wrong managers who needed replaced far earlier than they should have.

Those managers were to various extents given their head in signing players that their successors then moved on at huge cost.

Not many of the managerial appointments were widely criticised at the outset, indeed most if not all looked visionary.

Its just a shame football isn't played on paper :-)

We are also not alone in the difficulty of regular duff managerial appointments and the subsequent revolving door of player trading that those involve.

Hearts, Rangers & Dundee United immediately spring to mind

Whether by luck or improved process we have seen managerial stability through Stubbs & Lennon which has led to player stability and not accidentally improved performances.

Hopefully it is improved process but it would be greatly ironic if when Lennon moves on it had proved to be luck

It will be painful viewing for all if Leanne's status is transformed from Messiah to pariah after a few iffy managerial appointments.

Ozyhibby
11-01-2018, 10:00 AM
That mistakes were made there is no doubt.

I would say those mistakes involved recruiting the wrong managers who needed replaced far earlier than they should have.

Those managers were to various extents given their head in signing players that their successors then moved on at huge cost.

Not many of the managerial appointments were widely criticised at the outset, indeed most if not all looked visionary.

Its just a shame football isn't played on paper :-)

We are also not alone in the difficulty of regular duff managerial appointments and the subsequent revolving door of player trading that those involve.

Hearts, Rangers & Dundee United immediately spring to mind

Whether by luck or improved process we have seen managerial stability through Stubbs & Lennon which has led to player stability and not accidentally improved performances.

Hopefully it is improved process but it would be greatly ironic if when Lennon moves on it had proved to be luck

It will be painful viewing for all if Leanne's status is transformed from Messiah to pariah after a few iffy managerial appointments.

I personally think it’s improved structure at the club. The manager no longer has to run everything down at east Mains.
Leeann Dempster managed to make Mark McGee, Craig Brown and Stuart McCall all look like good managers while she was at Motherwell. The minute they left they went back to being failures.

NAE NOOKIE
11-01-2018, 11:56 AM
I think the one thing the The Rangers debate shows is that folk had / have unrealistic expectations of what the fans reps can actually deliver. Its the job of the directors of any company to do what's right for the business and that includes them, if I read the situation correctly it was the opinion of the board based on ( according to them ) legal advice that any attempt to pursue this matter would be a waste of not only time, but more importantly, money with absolutely no prospect of a successful outcome.

I presume it wouldn't have taken the presence of fans reps at board meetings about this subject for the club to be aware that it was the opinion of the fans that Rangers 2012 be stripped of any honours they claim to be owners of prior to 2012 or at the very least honours won during the EBT period and that the SFA needed taken to task for what they allowed to happen, with robust structures put in place to ensure such a situation never arises again.

Now, from my POV that didn't mean Hibs couldn't have released a strong statement making it clear that in the clubs opinion removal of these honours if it was legally possible to do so was what we wanted and that its also the clubs opinion that the SFA and SPFL need to recognise that a situation where they are apparently powerless to strip a club of honours they claim to have won in competitions owned and administered by both bodies is ridiculous ..... I find it unfathomable that as the governing bodies of Scottish football they are apparently legally powerless to strip a participant in a competition they own and run of a win if it is subsequently found they did so while breaking the rules. Lance Armstrong can only dream that the SFA / SPFL ran professional cycling.

This once again brings us back to fan ownership of Hibs. What appears to be happening here is folk saying that if the club was run by the fans the fan run board would have been happy to piss away £50,000 or whatever in the fruitless pursuit of an action the clubs legal advisors had already told them was 'bound to fail' ...... If that's how Hibs would be run by 'the fans' then I for one hope it never happens.

That's not bending over to take it up the ass from The Rangers or the SFA ....... Its protecting the interests of the club in the real world where no matter how unpalatable or unfair something clearly is wasting the clubs human resources and money on it with absolutely no prospect of changing it would only be detrimental to the clubs finances and ability to compete on the park.

Celtic are the main movers and shakers in this situation and are held up as the poster boy for pursuit of the Rangers and the SFA, including by a few folk on here.
For all their hot air can anybody tell me how much of their mega wealth they have committed to a legal challenge against either SEVCO or the SFA / SPFL so far? My bet is not a bloody penny because they have had the same legal advice as Hibs.

In this case it wouldn't have mattered a rats ass if the two reps had the casting vote on the Hibs board, they would still have had no choice but to listen to the legal advice they were given, any other action would have laid them open to accusations of negligence as club directors ... so IMO the flack they are taking over this is not only totally unfair, its totally unjustified.

What I want to hear is what the SFA and SPFL are putting in place NOW to ensure that this situation never arises again and that measures are taken to ensure that they can legally remove honours where appropriate and stop a club ( by court action if necessary ) from claiming them, either in its club literature or by putting 5 bloody silly stars on their shirt.

WestStandWillie
11-01-2018, 12:11 PM
I'm in the 'wanted Petrie punted the second we got relegated' camp, there's no doubt his ( as it turns out ) inspired decision to appoint Leann Dempster has saved his bacon and in calmer waters even folk like me can look back with hindsight and see that his tenure hasn't been all negative with the stadium and training facilities we now have being mostly his work.

So yes, RP has been both good and bad for this club ..... I missed the bit where he committed "fraud" though, that sound like something the fans should be told about, perhaps you could enlighten us?

Rod the fraud??

What you getting at here?

The man's fake.

Happy to take the credit when everything's good, disappears when the going gets tough. He even had the audacity to fine Riordan for speaking out about the state of the pitch.

Poisonous and looks after HIMSELF.

And dinnae get me started on his waterworks during the DVD.

As long as he's daeing his thing, board members are puppets.

Velma Dinkley
11-01-2018, 12:14 PM
The stripping of titles wasn't the issue. An investigation needed to take place to reveal the extent of the cheating, how it was allowed to happen, why it went unpunished and who was responsible for what. Then anyone responsible for wrongdoing could have been taken to task and Scottish football would have been in a position to progress.

Ozyhibby
11-01-2018, 12:46 PM
The stripping of titles wasn't the issue. An investigation needed to take place to reveal the extent of the cheating, how it was allowed to happen, why it went unpunished and who was responsible for what. Then anyone responsible for wrongdoing could have been taken to task and Scottish football would have been in a position to progress.

Exactly. If they had a full investigation and at the end of it said because of decisions made earlier we can’t now strip titles then that’s fair enough. We still could have had full transparency and put proper checks and balances in to prevent it happening again.
Frank said in the interview that nothing would have been achieved? How about knowing the truth and improving governance of the game?

JeMeSouviens
11-01-2018, 12:53 PM
Exactly. If they had a full investigation and at the end of it said because of decisions made earlier we can’t now strip titles then that’s fair enough. We still could have had full transparency and put proper checks and balances in to prevent it happening again.
Frank said in the interview that nothing would have been achieved? How about knowing the truth and improving governance of the game?

He also said he started off wanting Rangers punished but didn't know why? I replayed it a few times to make sure. :confused:

NAE NOOKIE
11-01-2018, 01:04 PM
The man's fake.

Happy to take the credit when everything's good, disappears when the going gets tough. He even had the audacity to fine Riordan for speaking out about the state of the pitch.

Is Leeann Dempster acting like "a puppet" to you? Does she give the impression that she is a yes woman? She could walk into another job tomorrow based on what she has achieved at Hibs and Motherwell and IMO there's no doubt she would if she thought she was just a front for Petrie.

Petrie's failing was always that he couldn't bring himself to see the correlation between success on the pitch and a successful 'business' .... bricks and mortar are tangible assets, as is the value a player has in the transfer market. Paying for the right player or appointing the right manager are based on gut feeling, instinct and knowledge of the game, not to mention the ability to face up to the fact that when you do so you are always to an extent taking a risk, things that are clearly not Petrie's strengths.

What you are suggesting is that Petrie's failings as a chairman are down to the fact that he doesn't care about the club and I think that's far from the truth. I watched the 30 minutes after the cup final recently and listened to the Sportsound after match coverage. Petrie spoke of the fans during one of these programmes and his voice broke when he was talking about us then .... IMO his emotion on the DVD was genuine.

Petrie is many things, but a fraud he is not .... as for fining Riordan for his pitch statement, if DR had been moaning about it but was told by the club to keep it 'in house' what exactly was Petrie supposed to do?

Ozyhibby
11-01-2018, 01:06 PM
He also said he started off wanting Rangers punished but didn't know why? I replayed it a few times to make sure. :confused:

I must admit I was surprised by how ill prepared they were for the interview given they knew the questions.
He kept repeating the ‘those who bothered to turn up line’ when talking about the meetings but there was only one I could have attended and that was the working together meeting. Unfortunately I was down south that week. The meeting in the Hibs Club was a closed meeting for members only and the surgeries he talked about were, I think, in the Hibs club on match days (members only) and anyway matchdays for me are with my 11 year old son and I’m not going to drag him to a meeting about football governance.
I was disappointed I could not attend the working together meeting.
I now fully accept the decision even though I disagree with it and think it reflects badly on the club.
I’m more interested in the clubs position on FFP going forward now but they refuse to engage on that subject as well.

BSEJVT
11-01-2018, 01:50 PM
The man's fake.

What an utterly clueless post on so many levels

Exactly what credit has he taken

Leanne is the public face of Hibs and as Chairman he is trotted out when he needs to be as he represents the majority shareholders interests

Rod Petrie could have earned many more times what he has with Hibs with no aggravation, he wasn't someone no-mark, he was a well respected and connected accountant and Chief Executive of an Investment Bank.

He was originally put into run the club by STF and stayed around because he grew attached to the club.

In exactly what way is he poisonous, because he wont turn round and drop his drawers to some of the half wit ideas that have crossed his and Leanne's desk.

He then conducts himself with a bit dignity on the clubs behalf, unlike some of those purveyors of idiocy

His job, like the boards isn't to be popular it is to make hard decisions to take the club forward whilst retaining financial control.

It gets on my goat that because folk either individually or as a group make decisions that folk don't like that they are called puppets or worse.

It wont bother them one iota and makes the name callers look childish and boorish.

Its not all been sweetness and light but I have absolutely no doubt that post Duff & Gray everything the various boards of Hibs has done has been within the financial constraints they set themselves in the best interests of the club

I wouldn't swap where we are now for any club in Scotland, including Celtic & The Rangers as I wouldn't want their baggage and prefer our quiet dignity.

BSEJVT
11-01-2018, 01:52 PM
I must admit I was surprised by how ill prepared they were for the interview given they knew the questions.
He kept repeating the ‘those who bothered to turn up line’ when talking about the meetings but there was only one I could have attended and that was the working together meeting. Unfortunately I was down south that week. The meeting in the Hibs Club was a closed meeting for members only and the surgeries he talked about were, I think, in the Hibs club on match days (members only) and anyway matchdays for me are with my 11 year old son and I’m not going to drag him to a meeting about football governance.
I was disappointed I could not attend the working together meeting.
I now fully accept the decision even though I disagree with it and think it reflects badly on the club.
I’m more interested in the clubs position on FFP going forward now but they refuse to engage on that subject as well.

Agree entirely with this

I never felt there was anything to be gained by dwelling on the issues of the past, but we need to ensure that they are understood and not repeated in future.

Eaststand
11-01-2018, 03:20 PM

Leanne is the public face of Hibs and as Chairman he is trotted out when he needs to be as he represents the majority shareholders interests

Rod Petrie could have earned many more times what he has with Hibs with no aggravation, he wasn't someone no-mark, he was a well respected and connected accountant and Chief Executive of an Investment Bank.

He was originally put into run the club by STF and stayed around because he grew attached to the club.

In exactly what way is he poisonous, because he wont turn round and drop his drawers to some of the half wit ideas that have crossed his and Leanne's desk.

He then conducts himself with a bit dignity on the clubs behalf, unlike some of those purveyors of idiocy

His job, like the boards isn't to be popular it is to make hard decisions to take the club forward whilst retaining financial control.

It gets on my goat that because folk either individually or as a group make decisions that folk don't like that they are called puppets or worse.

It wont bother them one iota and makes the name callers look childish and boorish.

Its not all been sweetness and light but I have absolutely no doubt that post Duff & Gray everything the various boards of Hibs has done has been within the financial constraints they set themselves in the best interests of the club

I wouldn't swap where we are now for any club in Scotland, including Celtic & The Rangers as I wouldn't want their baggage and prefer our quiet dignity.

Good post this, and lots of points well made.

GGTTH

matty_f
11-01-2018, 07:43 PM
I wonder if the roles that Tracy and Frank have were rebranded as 'Fan Elected Directors' it might give a more accurate representation of what they do, and give everyone more realistic expectations on what they can achieve.

It's impossible to represent the support effectively, we all have different opinions and are engaged with the club at different levels, so right away they're fighting a losing battle to live up to the title.

I think the principle behind having two supporter elected directors on the board is good, with a lot of merit and the podcast did a good job of highlighting some of the good work both reps do.

In its current state though, there's too big a disparity between what people think they should be doing, and what they can do.

There's probably a successful and effective way to have these roles in place, and I'd say it's worth persevering with rather than dismissing.

McD
11-01-2018, 09:32 PM
The man's fake.

None of which constitutes the word “fraud”. All rather childish and pathetic, from behind an anonymous username.

:top marksTerrific post

Forza Fred
11-01-2018, 10:11 PM
I wonder if the roles that Tracy and Frank have were rebranded as 'Fan Elected Directors' it might give a more accurate representation of what they do, and give everyone more realistic expectations on what they can achieve.

It's impossible to represent the support effectively, we all have different opinions and are engaged with the club at different levels, so right away they're fighting a losing battle to live up to the title.

I think the principle behind having two supporter elected directors on the board is good, with a lot of merit and the podcast did a good job of highlighting some of the good work both reps do.

In its current state though, there's too big a disparity between what people think they should be doing, and what they can do.

There's probably a successful and effective way to have these roles in place, and I'd say it's worth persevering with rather than dismissing.

I posted similar earlier..........there is nothing wrong with having ‘fans elected directors’ as you say, and I think it gives the opportunity for at least some fan representation on the board....as well as adding to the resources the club has to interact with the punters, but ‘fans’ would have to understand that a particular view they may hold, may not be shared by the elected board member.........in much the same way we elect MPs on their general beliefs, but they do not necessarily agree with ‘everything’ we believe.

The ballot box can then change them if that is the wish.

But I’m not sure that would be acceptable to a fair few fans.

I fully expect that when this cycle of the ‘fan rep’ cycle comes to an end, their will be some kind of ‘restructuring exercise ‘ announced by the board and it will be discontinued in its current form.

And No, it won’t be due to any individuals who currently hold the roles, who both do their very best for the club they support........just an ‘experiment’ that will have run. It’s time.

RIP
12-01-2018, 07:44 AM
They are as Matty rightly pointed out 'fan elected' directors. Before the concept was agreed and initiated, all board members and most staff at the club were huge Hibbies.

This has been the case since 1875 and that model is replicated across the football world. Who other than a supporter would give up so much of their free time for so little thanks?

ozwoody
12-01-2018, 08:20 AM
One thing I have noticed on this, and the podcast thread, is that there has been no input from the fans reps themselves.
If I was misquoted, or came across the wrong way, I would be clarifying any points that have been brought up.
Both were hugely active on here prior to elections but not as involved afterwards.
This is no critism of them as people, I dont know them at all, but more an observation of the role they have put themselves forward for.In terms of ticket allocation and rangers debacle, they did not come over well at all.As I have said previously, a fans rep cannot be on the board , no matter their best intentions, as their hands are tied with what they can report back.

WestStandWillie
12-01-2018, 12:28 PM
None of which constitutes the word “fraud”. All rather childish and pathetic, from behind an anonymous username.

Deal wae it.