PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Thomson

vuefrom1875
09-01-2018, 06:16 PM
Apparently joined the huns coaching staff??

HoboHarry
09-01-2018, 06:19 PM
Apparently joined the huns coaching staff??
I think it's at u-13 level......

Golden Bear
09-01-2018, 06:20 PM
http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11788/11201594/rangers-add-kevin-thomson-gregory-vignal-and-stuart-taylor-to-coaching-staff

blackpoolhibs
09-01-2018, 06:24 PM
Its ok, someone has swept up the glass.

Coco Bryce
09-01-2018, 06:46 PM
Is his coaching school still going?

Billy Whizz
09-01-2018, 06:52 PM
Is his coaching school still going?

Better be, I bought some vouchers for some kids I know, for their Xmas

IGRIGI
09-01-2018, 06:52 PM
Best club in the world according to Katie.

Coco Bryce
09-01-2018, 06:58 PM
Better be, I bought some vouchers for some kids I know, for their Xmas

Met his sister on holiday last year. Her hubby is one of the coaches. Good lad.

yonder1875
09-01-2018, 06:59 PM
Best club in the world according to Katie.

Did he say this? Seen him at Easter Road a few times this season, think he has a season book.

Billy Whizz
09-01-2018, 07:08 PM
Met his sister on holiday last year. Her hubby is one of the coaches. Good lad.

Ex Hibs player by any chance?

3pm
09-01-2018, 07:21 PM
Ex Hibs player by any chance?

Kevin McDonald.

Ozyhibby
09-01-2018, 07:27 PM
So long as he’s there then he’s not at East Mains. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Billychaotic182
09-01-2018, 08:32 PM
Kevin McDonald.

Ex Dundee player?

Billy Whizz
09-01-2018, 08:33 PM
Kevin McDonald.

That’s the one

3pm
09-01-2018, 08:45 PM
Ex Dundee player?

No.

The ex Hibs player. Only played a couple of games about the same time as Thomson, Brown etc.

Iceman1875
09-01-2018, 08:46 PM
That’s the one

Not sure it’s the same Kevin McDonald. ‘katie’ (as one of the posters stated) sister is married to ‘Geordie’ ex Hibs, Airdrie, Berwick Rangers...

Brightside
09-01-2018, 08:46 PM
Did he say this? Seen him at Easter Road a few times this season, think he has a season book.

He sits near me...pays for his own ST and his kids.

Billy Whizz
09-01-2018, 08:47 PM
Not sure it’s the same Kevin McDonald. ‘katie’ (as one of the posters stated) sister is married to ‘Geordie’ ex Hibs, Airdrie, Berwick Rangers...

Think it is

Tomsk
09-01-2018, 08:57 PM
Hibs supporter.

:hilarious

Iggy Pope
09-01-2018, 09:02 PM
Who in the name of **** is going to look after the Hospitality for Tynie?

Onceinawhile
09-01-2018, 09:05 PM
Hibs supporter.

He undoubtedly is. I've seen him at Easter road twice this season and once at the end of last season.

His kids were mascots at the qots game as well.

He's taken a job at ibrox, what's he supposed to do? Not earn cash?

Tomsk
09-01-2018, 09:12 PM
He undoubtedly is. I've seen him at Easter road twice this season and once at the end of last season.

He's taken a job at ibrox, what's he supposed to do? Not earn cash?

I'm convinced.

guthrie01
09-01-2018, 09:28 PM
Hibs supporter.

His goal line clearance at Tynie was a major point in bringing home the Scottish Cup and for that he will always be welcome at ER regardless of his fondness for that other club.

Iggy Pope
09-01-2018, 09:38 PM
No question. Hanlon scores. Kevin likes it.

monktonharp
09-01-2018, 10:10 PM

He's taken a job at ibrox, what's he supposed to do? Not earn cash?Quite right. his Ma needs to retire. :wink:

MWHIBBIES
10-01-2018, 04:08 AM
More of a Hibs fan than Griffths.

Pete
10-01-2018, 05:34 AM

There you go.

iwasthere1972
10-01-2018, 05:52 AM
Saw him in the Hibs end at Tynecastle a couple of weeks ago.

we are hibs
10-01-2018, 06:01 AM

As he should.

BSEJVT
10-01-2018, 07:21 AM
Really tiresome all these digs about Kevin Thomson

They guy made mistakes admitted them and the proved time and again by his actions on and off the field that he was a bona fide Hibs Supporter, even after Hibs allegedly stiffed him when Lennon came in.

For that very same reason he has no chance of a gig at Hibs at present and needs to develop his coaching career.

I would prefer he hadn't gone back to them but if that was the only offer on the table what was he supposed to do?

One thing he isn't is daft, he would have weighed up the pros and cons of his decision and decided that in order to progress his career it was a decision he had to take.

Kevin will always be welcome at ER as far as I am concerned, but I cannot wish him luck in his role with them.

chinaman
10-01-2018, 07:28 AM
Quite right. his Ma needs to retire. :wink:

He's living the dream he loves the huns, best fxxk him off.

hibs#1
10-01-2018, 07:31 AM

They guy made mistakes admitted them and the proved time and again by his actions on and off the field that he was a bona fide Hibs Supporter, even after Hibs allegedly stiffed him when Lennon came in.

For that very same reason he has no chance of a gig at Hibs at present and needs to develop his coaching career.

I would prefer he hadn't gone back to them but if that was the only offer on the table what was he supposed to do?

One thing he isn't is daft, he would have weighed up the pros and cons of his decision and decided that in order to progress his career it was a decision he had to take.

Kevin will always be welcome at ER as far as I am concerned, but I cannot wish him luck in his role with them.

What do you mean by hibs stiffing him with Lennon?

Haha just read how that sounds,but my question still stands.

Golden Bear
10-01-2018, 07:37 AM
There are some bitter bitter people on this thread. I just don't understand the blind hatred towards the guy, is it a crime to further your career and to try and make the best out of life?

:confused:

Golden Bear
10-01-2018, 07:39 AM
More of a Hibs fan than Griffths.

It's acceptable to kiss the Celtic badge apparently. I don't like it but I could never direct poisonous posts towards him.

Betty Boop
10-01-2018, 07:59 AM
This can't be right Rangers are going bust ?

stoneyburn hibs
10-01-2018, 08:09 AM
There are some bitter bitter people on this thread. I just don't understand the blind hatred towards the guy, is it a crime to further your career and to try and make the best out of life?

:confused:

Well said, helped us win the holy grail and is a regular fan at ER.

Pretty Boy
10-01-2018, 08:11 AM
Man earns living.

Big deal.

.Sean.
10-01-2018, 08:11 AM
Just a thought, maybe if Hibs had kept their word and gave him the coaching role he was told about when he came back for his 3rd spell he wouldn't have ended up back at the Huns?

Coaching bairns at Rangers is no better or worse than scoring goals for Celtic but half this forum seem to spend their time on here rimming the hoop of Leigh Griffiths, is that purely because he's at Celtic and not Rangers cause I don't see any difference in the two?

BSEJVT
10-01-2018, 08:22 AM
What do you mean by hibs stiffing him with Lennon?

Haha just read how that sounds,but my question still stands.

See Sean's later post on this thread

easty
10-01-2018, 08:25 AM
Just a thought, maybe if Hibs had kept their word and gave him the coaching role he was told about when he came back for his 3rd spell he wouldn't have ended up back at the Huns?

Coaching bairns at Rangers is no better or worse than scoring goals for Celtic but half this forum seem to spend their time on here rimming the hoop of Leigh Griffiths, is that purely because he's at Celtic and not Rangers cause I don't see any difference in the two?

Maybe it's cos people like Griffiths more than they like KT?

JimBHibees
10-01-2018, 08:31 AM
Man earns living.

Big deal.

Indeed.

.Sean.
10-01-2018, 08:32 AM
Maybe it's cos people like Griffiths more than they like KT?
Is that cause it's seen as more acceptable to be playing for Celtic than Rangers?

Kevin Thomson played a role in us winning the Scottish Cup, the likes of Griffiths for instance didn't. I just think Thomson deserves a wee bit more respect, regardless of his current employers.

Mental how much some folk hold against someone the twisted words of a guy who was what 22 at the time? He's explained the situation numerous times. Everyone must be an angel on here!

MyJo
10-01-2018, 08:38 AM
Good luck to him with the new job.

I didn't like the way he went about getting his move to the huns at the time but as a player he served Hibs well, got us a good transfer fee when he moved on and is a genuine Hibby at heart.

There are many others who have engineered themselves a move to the old firm, often to the detriment of Hibs with regards transfer fees, Like Murray & Riordan who don't get half as much s**t as Thomson does about it.

Let bygones be bygones.

hibsbollah
10-01-2018, 08:38 AM
Is that cause it's seen as more acceptable to be playing for Celtic than Rangers?

Kevin Thomson played a role in us winning the Scottish Cup, the likes of Griffiths for instance didn't. I just think Thomson deserves a wee bit more respect, regardless of his current employers.

Mental how much some folk hold against someone the twisted words of a guy who was what 22 at the time? He's explained the situation numerous times. Everyone must be an angel on here!

You cant really make a comparison between LG and KT since they have completely different histories with Hibs. I dont think liking one over another has anything to do with a Rangers or Celtic connection.

easty
10-01-2018, 08:41 AM

Nothing to do with Celtc or Rangers, for me anyway.

Nothing to do with who helped us win the Scottish either.

Everything to do with what he said, he can claim he didnae say it all he wants, I never saw him deny it at the time, which is as good as saying it. He was 22, so what? You couldn't have paid me to be a wee bitch about Hibs, if I'd been given his opportunities to play football for a living. I reckon most folk on here, Hibs fans, would never dream of saying what he said, or by standing by it by not denying it (until years later when it suited him).

I dinnae hate KT, much prefer LG though.

MyJo
10-01-2018, 08:52 AM
Nothing to do with Celtc or Rangers, for me anyway.

Nothing to do with who helped us win the Scottish either.

Everything to do with what he said, he can claim he didnae say it all he wants, I never saw him deny it at the time, which is as good as saying it. He was 22, so what? You couldn't have paid me to be a wee bitch about Hibs, if I'd been given his opportunities to play football for a living. I reckon most folk on here, Hibs fans, would never dream of saying what he said, or by standing by it by not denying it (until years later when it suited him).

I dinnae hate KT, much prefer LG though.

When i was 22 and somebody was offering to make me a millionaire for playing football i would probably have bitched about Hibs and anybody else i needed to, to make it happen at the time.

Its easy to take the high ground when its a situation you've not been faced with.

easty
10-01-2018, 08:57 AM
When i was 22 and somebody was offering to make me a millionaire for playing football i would probably have bitched about Hibs and anybody else i needed to, to make it happen at the time.

Fair enough, that's your call, I know I wouldn't.

And, it wasn't needed, they'd have signed him regardless as he was a good player.

jacomo
10-01-2018, 08:58 AM

Its easy to take the high ground when its a situation you've not been faced with.

:agree:

KT was clearly manipulated by his agent and the Daily Ranger to make the move happen - including quotes attributed to him that were designed to burn bridges with Hibs.

It was ugly at the time but life moves on. I don’t doubt his genuine affection for Hibs but he is also making a living from the game.

Tom Hart RIP
10-01-2018, 09:07 AM
His goal line clearance at Tynie was a major point in bringing home the Scottish Cup and for that he will always be welcome at ER regardless of his fondness for that other club.

My thought exactly

green&left
10-01-2018, 09:10 AM

The "hatred" for Thommo most likely stems from the Daily Records "I'd walk over broken glass to play for Rangers" headline which Kevin puts straight in a video interview with Si Ferry. Can't mind the journalist (probably that prick Jackson) but it was made up. Been a while since I watched it but IIRC he also mentions that he was going to move to Celtic and Scott Brown was meant to be going to Rangers but there was a sudden change of events.

The Harp Awakes
10-01-2018, 09:11 AM
Sevco are are a club rotten to the core with bigotry. The vile, unadulterated sectarianism both they and their predecessor club and fans have gotten away over the years is shameful.

If KT wants to be part if that then that's up to him. It tells me he's learnt nothing since he was 22. If you are with them you are for them.

.Sean.
10-01-2018, 09:11 AM
The "hatred" for Thommo most likely stems from the Daily Records "I'd walk over broken glass to play for Rangers" headline which Kevin puts straight in a video interview with Si Ferry. Can't mind the journalist (probably that prick Jackson) but it was made up. Been a while since I watched it but IIRC he also mentions that he was going to move to Celtic and Scott Brown was meant to be going to Rangers but there was a sudden change of events.
He also explains it during a q and a with I'm sure the St Pats branch. It's on YouTube.

Ozyhibby
10-01-2018, 09:18 AM
Nothing to do with Rangers for me. It’s the fact that every time he’s in a Hibs dressing room there is trouble. Wonder why Hibs decided to withdraw that coaching offer?

KWJ
10-01-2018, 09:21 AM
Good Guy > Great Guy > **** > controversial guy > Good guy > Iconic guy

JDHibs
10-01-2018, 09:24 AM
Mans got to make a living, so good luck to him!

Helped us win the Scottish Cup and had 3 spells at us, will always be a legend to me.

Everyone makes mistakes by the way, for all those who feel they can sit on their wee high horse....

Iceman1875
10-01-2018, 09:26 AM
Nothing to do with Rangers for me. It’s the fact that every time he’s in a Hibs dressing room there is trouble. Wonder why Hibs decided to withdraw that coaching offer?

Absolute nonsense.

Stubbs promised him a coaching role, Stubbs left. Lennon came in and wanted his own people.

Keyser Sauzee
10-01-2018, 09:26 AM
If any1 still has any ill feeling about something that happened over 10 years ago, which in all honesty didn’t effect them in the slightest, really needs to get a life.

hibbysam
10-01-2018, 09:32 AM

Always trouble? The trouble at Hibs started after KT left when al players went to Petries door regarding Collins. Thomson wasn’t the one that handed in a transfer request let’s remind ourselves. Then along come Butcher and can you honestly say that KT was wrong regarding him? And then Stubbs, I cannot remember one bit of trouble caused, instead he went out of his way pre-cup final to help the younger boys.

penihibs
10-01-2018, 05:32 PM

Helped us win the Scottish Cup and had 3 spells at us, will always be a legend to me.

Everyone makes mistakes by the way, for all those who feel they can sit on their wee high horse....

My thoughts exactly well said sir!

10-01-2018, 06:10 PM

Sums it up for me. Wish it wasn't that loathsome mob but the guy has to earn a living just like everyone else. He's still a young guy and if he wants to develop himself as a coach and perhaps one day a manager he has to take all the experience he can. Whats he meant to do? Potentially set back some of his development and pass up the chance to gain some knowledge and experience just because of who the club are?

MyJo
10-01-2018, 06:14 PM
Always trouble? The trouble at Hibs started after KT left when al players went to Petries door regarding Collins. Thomson wasn’t the one that handed in a transfer request let’s remind ourselves. Then along come Butcher and can you honestly say that KT was wrong regarding him? And then Stubbs, I cannot remember one bit of trouble caused, instead he went out of his way pre-cup final to help the younger boys.

I'm sure he also played for us for free for a while when he returned.

OsloHibs
10-01-2018, 06:15 PM

Well said.

beensaidbefore
10-01-2018, 06:20 PM

Is a wee high horse the same as a a normal sized horse?😀

McD
10-01-2018, 06:27 PM
I'm sure he also played for us for free for a while when he returned.

He did.

his interview on the Monday night fitba podcast (I think that’s what it’s called) is really insightful into what Hibs mean to KT, his regrets over how he left Hibs (more than once), his highs and lows with Hibs, how he was fed to get a chance to play for Hibs a second and third time, even unpaid, and just how much the fans responded to him the second time means to him. He pays his way into ER with his sons, and was apparently gutted to lose the opportunity to work as a coach with Hibs.

i like most was pissed off with how he left for rangers, but he’s tried to make amends and can rightly say he played a crucial part in us winning the Scottish Cup.

Theres plenty players who have **** on Hibs and us over the years, worse the KT by a distance (imo of course).

Lago
10-01-2018, 06:29 PM
He did.

his interview on the Monday night fitba podcast (I think that’s what it’s called) is really insightful into what Hibs mean to KT, his regrets over how he left Hibs (more than once), his highs and lows with Hibs, how he was fed to get a chance to play for Hibs a second and third time, even unpaid, and just how much the fans responded to him the second time means to him. He pays his way into ER with his sons, and was apparently gutted to lose the opportunity to work as a coach with Hibs.

i like most was pissed off with how he left for rangers, but he’s tried to make amends and can rightly say he played a crucial part in us winning the Scottish Cup.

Theres plenty players who have **** on Hibs and us over the years, worse the KT by a distance (imo of course).

Well said

Thecat23
10-01-2018, 06:33 PM
He did.

Well said 👍🏼

JeMeSouviens
10-01-2018, 07:02 PM

Whittaker got the same move presumably also got good money, got Hibs a good fee and enjoyed his league cup day out with us to leave on a high.

I’ve not heard Hibbies say a bad word about him.

Conclusion - it’s not just going to the Old Huns that makes folk think you’re a bit of an arse.

Ozyhibby
10-01-2018, 07:08 PM
Whittaker got the same move presumably also got good money, got Hibs a good fee and enjoyed his league cup day out with us to leave on a high.

Conclusion - it’s not just going to the Old Huns that makes folk think you’re a bit of an arse.

Correct

Tomsk
10-01-2018, 07:10 PM
I'm convinced.

He's a living saint.

When you set up the testimonial committee, I'm in.

Only one game we can play there. Got to be our old pals, the Teddy Bears. I've got a contact who can do half and half scarves.

Cannae wait.

keep the faith
10-01-2018, 07:41 PM
I'm convinced.

He's a living saint.

When you set up the testimonial committee, I'm in.

Only one game we can play there. Got to be our old pals, the Teddy Bears. I've got a contact who can do half and half scarves.

Cannae wait.

Yet Scott "dunno" transfer request Brown remains a hero with some. I don't get it. Old firm are bad as each other.

CL0762
10-01-2018, 07:46 PM
He did.

I agree with this having held the same views as other posters on this thread.

Having sat in on the interview, the impression I (like yourself) got was KT was incredibly regretful over how that whole scenario happened. It all stemmed from him and Brown employing McKay as their agent which totally annoyed Collins.

Big_Franck
10-01-2018, 08:55 PM

Well said. Glad KT isn't anywhere near Hibs.

hibsboy69
10-01-2018, 09:08 PM

You are entitled to your opinion of course.

Do you know Kevin ? Do you know anything about his coaching sessions ?

I can tell you that his training sessions are magnificent - cannot believe he's gone to The Huns, he would have been a fantastic addition to the Coaching Staff at East Mains. Instead, he'll be coaching the Rangers Under 13s :dunno:

Hibs loss is Rangers gain:boo hoo:

basehibby
10-01-2018, 09:39 PM

Yes - good luck to KT - good job and all that but I think I know where he'd rather be :greengrin

There's a few that need to grow up a bit on here I think - but with football supporters that's like asking a gorilla to give up bananas. Thomson was the captain of our side years ago as a relative youngster of 22. The club made the perhaps understandable mistake of allowing a certain national tabloid regular access to the young KT as per his position as captain to write a weekly column (as did all SPL clubs at the time I think) and this turned out to be a bad thing for both Hibs and the player as the inevitable result was exposing the young Thomo to unadulterated **** like Traynor and Jackson on a regular basis.

Thomson along with Brown got Willie Mackay as their agent who was ALWAYS going to push like mad for big money deals for both of them. He did his job well - much to every Hibs fan's disapointment but the club was paid very well - but Thomson through his weekly column managed to put on an exhibition in digging a hole and burying yourself as far as Hibs fans were concerned - ably abbeted by Traynor and Jackson at every step of the way I would imagine.

Years later now I think Thomson has grown up and has long since realised his mistake - me? Well I was mightily pissed off at him at the time for apparently abusing his position as captain to engineer a move - but on reflection I'd quite possibly have come out with some even more stupid things than he did if I'd had to write a column in a pressure situation like that at the tender age of 22. And meanwhile his best pal Brown said nothing and took a route to the other arse cheek of Glasgow for even more money and came out smelling of roses!

At the end of it all Thomson is a Hibs fan and has proved that again and again over the years but he's also a football pro and so I wish him good luck in his new role - if there's one thing the club should have learned from that whole sorry episode though - if you allow your skipper to write a regular column for the press he is not just talking for himself but is a spokesman for the club - so make sure and vet it before publishing.

KeithTheHibby
10-01-2018, 09:44 PM

Our of interest, why??

we are hibs
10-01-2018, 09:46 PM

Maybe be its because Griffiths didn't **** us over unlike Thomson?

Craig_HFC
10-01-2018, 09:47 PM
I think Thomson is a fanny and I’ve thought that for a long time.

Don’t care if he has a season ticket at Easter Road; I still think he’s a fanny.

hibbysam
10-01-2018, 09:47 PM
Maybe be its because Griffiths didn't **** us over unlike Thomson?

He also didn’t make us £2m, play for free, or win a Scottish cup with us. Scott brown shat all over us that year and arguably played a huge part in our capitulation including losing to ****ing Dunfermline at Hampden, yet he’s still some sort of hero.

stantonhibby
10-01-2018, 09:52 PM
He also didn’t make us £2m, play for free, or win a Scottish cup with us. Scott brown shat all over us that year and arguably played a huge part in our capitulation including losing to ****ing Dunfermline at Hampden, yet he’s still some sort of hero.

Or to put in another way, Scott Brown knuckled down , played some great games and helped us win our first trophy for about 15 yrs.

hibsboy69
10-01-2018, 10:02 PM

Don’t care if he has a season ticket at Easter Road; I still think he’s a fanny.

Why do you think that ?

Stantons Angel
10-01-2018, 10:06 PM
When are you all going to stop going on about this guy!

What more has he to do to prove to you he is a true Hibby?

The laddie made a mistake when he was young....... haven't we all?

He admitted to it and apologised and i for one was glad to see him back at Easter Road a second time round.

as far as i can recollect he rejoined us a third time to take up a proposed post with the development academy which the change of manager put an end to.

His new adventure in his coaching school will take time to settle in and its hard enough to earn a decent salary so why shouldnt he take on looking after their bairns?

Lets wish him luck to get on with his life and hope that he wont once again have made the wrong choice.

There are more things going on in the world just now that need to be righted what about the loyalty scheme????

Cropley10
10-01-2018, 10:11 PM
As usual a few keyboard hardmen on here giving it plenty and I can guarantee they'd hide rather than say anything to his face.

He's a fine youth coach - my boy's been at two of his sessions recently. Top drawer, high impact, brilliant way with them all.

More than that he's one of us. A Hibee til he dies. And he had/has a wand of a left peg.

Cropley10
10-01-2018, 10:12 PM

Coward

Craig_HFC
10-01-2018, 10:13 PM
Why do you think that ?

If he was chocolate he’d eat himself.

Cropley10
10-01-2018, 10:16 PM

Take it you know him, aye?

Iceman1875

You clearly don’t know the guy.

Iceman1875
As usual a few keyboard hardmen on here giving it plenty and I can guarantee they'd hide rather than say anything to his face.

He's a fine youth coach - my boy's been at two over his sessions recently. Top drawer, high impact, brilliant way with them all.

More than that he's one of us. A Hibee til he dies. And he had/has a wand of a left peg.

10/10

hibbysam
10-01-2018, 10:17 PM
Or to put in another way, Scott Brown knuckled down , played some great games and helped us win our first trophy for about 15 yrs.

After causing huge unrest. I don’t have a problem with Scott either, btw, but too many people use a couple of words that KT said 12 years ago to beat him with yet totally forget what really happened that season.

Ps Scott Brown didn’t really have that many decent games the second half of that season, we were already in the final when he played funny buggers with his transfer request and games behind the scenes.

Craig_HFC
10-01-2018, 10:19 PM
Coward

Not sure how this makes me a coward?

stantonhibby
10-01-2018, 10:20 PM
After causing huge unrest. I don’t have a problem with Scott either, btw, but too many people use a couple of words that KT said 12 years ago to beat him with yet totally forget what really happened that season.

Ps Scott Brown didn’t really have that many decent games the second half of that season, we were already in the final when he played funny buggers with his transfer request and games behind the scenes.

Fair enough....and I agree with you re KT

Craig_HFC
10-01-2018, 10:21 PM
You clearly don’t know the guy.

Yeah I fully admit I don’t know him; just my opinion based on interviews etc

But his worst crime is that he calls football ‘footy’ which should definitely be punishable by at least a swift kick in the Davina McCalls.

Cropley10
10-01-2018, 10:26 PM
Not sure how this makes me a coward?

You must enjoy coming on forums and typing out how much you don't like people you don't actually know, when you wouldn't dream of saying anything to them in real life....

Craig_HFC
10-01-2018, 10:28 PM
You must enjoy coming on forums and typing out how much you don't like people you don't actually know, when you wouldn't dream of saying anything to them in real life....

If we were only allowed to talk about people we didn’t know then the internet would be a very quiet place.

Probably a lot nicer as well, to be fair.

easty
10-01-2018, 10:38 PM

He's a fine youth coach - my boy's been at two of his sessions recently. Top drawer, high impact, brilliant way with them all.

Keyboard gangsters aye? That's the catchphrase of a fanny in my opinion.

.Sean.
10-01-2018, 10:48 PM
Spot on Sam.

Hes made mistakes and he's man enough to admit that. A quality player who played a role in us winning the Scottish Cup and he's most definitely one of us. I'm pretty certain he'll be back at Hibs in a coaching capacity at some point and he'll be welcomed by most of us I'm sure.

Hes coaching kids at Rangers mind, the way some folk are going on you'd think he was playing centre forward.

hibsboy69
10-01-2018, 10:51 PM
If we were only allowed to talk about people we didn’t know then the internet would be a very quiet place.

Probably a lot nicer as well, to be fair.

I think you've got your words wrong. You presumably mean ? :-

"If we were only allowed to talk about people we DO know then the internet would be a very quiet place" ?????

You are entitled to your opinion of course.........but you seem to be basing your dislike for this Hibs fan and holder of 3 fully paid for Season Tickets on nothing at all. :rolleyes:

Quite sad actually.

JimboHibs
10-01-2018, 10:54 PM
Ridiculous some of the chat about KT,wish him all the best wherever his coaching takes him.

Tomsk
10-01-2018, 10:59 PM
Ridiculous some of the chat about KT,wish him all the best wherever his coaching takes him.

So, just to get this right; you wish him all the best coaching at Rangers.

Top stuff!

Craig_HFC
10-01-2018, 11:01 PM
I think you've got your words wrong. You presumably mean ? :-

"If we were only allowed to talk about people we DO know then the internet would be a very quiet place" ?????

You are entitled to your opinion of course.........but you seem to be basing your dislike for this Hibs fan and holder of 3 fully paid for Season Tickets on nothing at all. :rolleyes:

Quite sad actually.

Aye sorry, that’s exactly what I meant.

I just think that he’s just come across as a bit of a fanny at times. I’m pretty sure he’s been called worse and I’m also sure he’s not going to lose any sleep about it. Also his twitter is pretty much a Hun love-in and has been for ages now which doesn’t help.

Anyway I’m done with all this now; I don’t particularly care strongly enough about Thomson to involve myself in this anymore.

JimboHibs
10-01-2018, 11:03 PM
So, just to get this right; you wish him all the best coaching at Rangers.

Top stuff!

So just to get this right you'd rather I take issue with the man just because he's coaching u13s at Rangers.

jabis
10-01-2018, 11:08 PM
"Keyboard gangsters aye?"That's the catchphrase of a fanny in my opinion.
:aok:

To avoid confusion,anyone who says "keyboard gangsters aye?"......

That's the catchphrase...etc.

monktonharp
10-01-2018, 11:23 PM
Sums it up for me. Wish it wasn't that loathsome mob but the guy has to earn a living just like everyone else. He's still a young guy and if he wants to develop himself as a coach and perhaps one day a manager he has to take all the experience he can. Whats he meant to do? Potentially set back some of his development and pass up the chance to gain some knowledge and experience just because of who the club are?Millionare has to earn a living:confused:this is new

monktonharp
10-01-2018, 11:32 PM

He admitted to it and apologised and i for one was glad to see him back at Easter Road a second time round.

as far as i can recollect he rejoined us a third time to take up a proposed post with the development academy which the change of manager put an end to.

His new adventure in his coaching school will take time to settle in and its hard enough to earn a decent salary so why shouldnt he take on looking after their bairns?

Lets wish him luck to get on with his life and hope that he wont once again have made the wrong choice.

There are more things going on in the world just now that need to be righted what about the loyalty scheme????Aye, the loyalty scheme. high on the agenda just as me and Leann were talking about the other day

lapsedhibee
11-01-2018, 12:04 AM
Years later now I think Thomson has grown up and has long since realised his mistake - me? Well I was mightily pissed off at him at the time for apparently abusing his position as captain to engineer a move - but on reflection I'd quite possibly have come out with some even more stupid things than he did if I'd had to write a column in a pressure situation like that at the tender age of 22. And meanwhile his best pal Brown said nothing and took a route to the other arse cheek of Glasgow for even more money and came out smelling of roses!
Had to write a column? :confused: Who forced him to do this? Was it that utter ******* and mafia boss Johnny The Sixpack? :dunno:

IWasThere2016
11-01-2018, 04:24 AM

Summed up perfectly.

SideBurns
11-01-2018, 05:12 AM

Brown had withdrawn his transfer request prior to the semi v St.Johnstone and had a great game that night, setting up the 3rd goal for Benji after carrying the ball from one end of the park to the other. He played his part in a fantastic cup final performance. The players' mutiny was wrong, but Brown wasn't the only one involved in that. He scored v Celtic in his last game when we beat them 2-1, and we received £4.4 million (I think) from his transfer. I like Thomson and would defend him, but don't see the need to have a dash at Brown in order to do so.

Peevemor
11-01-2018, 05:26 AM
Brown had withdrawn his transfer request prior to the semi v St.Johnstone and had a great game that night, setting up the 3rd goal for Benji after carrying the ball from one end of the park to the other. He played his part in a fantastic cup final performance. The players' mutiny was wrong, but Brown wasn't the only one involved in that. He scored v Celtic in his last game when we beat them 2-1, and we received £4.4 million (I think) from his transfer. I like Thomson and would defend him, but don't see the need to have a dash at Brown in order to do so.

What difference does that make?

we are hibs
11-01-2018, 05:45 AM
Coward

most people think Joey Barton is a Fanny without knowing him, does that make them cowards too?

SideBurns
11-01-2018, 05:49 AM
What difference does that make?

It matters because the poster I replied to said "we were already in the final when he played funny buggers with his transfer request..."

Peevemor
11-01-2018, 06:22 AM
It matters because the poster I replied to said "we were already in the final when he played funny buggers with his transfer request..."

It's like tellling the wife that her backside's getting big. Even if you take it back the next day, the damage is still done.

In any case, a transfer request has no contractual value in any case, so serves no purpose other than public posturing.

Brightside
11-01-2018, 06:33 AM
Millionare has to earn a living:confused:this is new

You think he is a millionaire? If he is he must be nuts to be taking on a minor 5 fig salary at Rangers.

hibsbollah
11-01-2018, 06:34 AM

I remember exactly what happened that season, which is why I don't hold KT in very high esteem.

Brightside
11-01-2018, 06:35 AM
most people think Joey Barton is a Fanny without knowing him, does that make them cowards too?

Just go along to the West stand most home games and have a chat with Kevin. He's taken on a wee job with some u13 boys....some people really need counselling.

easty
11-01-2018, 06:36 AM
:aok:

To avoid confusion,anyone who says "keyboard gangsters aye?"......

That's the catchphrase...etc.

Good one.

SideBurns
11-01-2018, 06:39 AM
It's like tellling the wife that her backside's getting big. Even if you take it back the next day, the damage is still done.

In any case, a transfer request has no contractual value in any case, so serves no purpose other than public posturing.

I'd suggest if you're daft/ brave/ drunk enough to tell the wife her backside is getting big then you should be prepared for the consequences which are likely to be severe and long term. I laughed at your analogy but cannae really agree with it!

I was merely pointing out to the poster that he was incorrect. At any rate, we are talking about two players who played big parts in helping us win major trophies. None of us have enjoyed so many of those occasions that we can take that fact for granted and so both Brown & Thomson deserve respect.

poolman
11-01-2018, 06:45 AM

There are more things going on in the world just now that need to be righted what about the loyalty scheme????

Totally agree :agree:

GoalsMcGinley
11-01-2018, 07:22 AM
He’s taken on a part time job with some no mark clubs under 13s. Has zero impact on his love of Hibs or Hibs as a club for that matter. With regards to the comparisons between him and LG well 1 was actually a Hibs player, scored us £2m in transfer fees, played for free, played a fairly big part in getting us to the cup final in 2016 and left on a high. The other is Leigh Griffiths and yet he gets applauded every time we play Celtic. Don’t get me wrong he was incredible for a season and a half at Hibs but let’s not forget he was NEVER a Hibs player.

we are hibs
11-01-2018, 08:34 AM
Just go along to the West stand most home games and have a chat with Kevin. He's taken on a wee job with some u13 boys....some people really need counselling.

Councelling cause people don't agree that Kevin Thomson is the best hibs fan ever cause he puts his OWN money into buying season tickets!!? What a guy! Let's just forget he'd walk bare foot to Glasgow across the m8. And he can deny the comments now all he wants but he could've came out at the time and said "I didn't say that, I'm happy to be at Rangers but I'm sad to leave hibs" but heard silence.

GreenNWhiteArmy
11-01-2018, 08:54 AM
My opinion at the time, as it is now RE him leaving. As Hibernian FC captain, and Hibernian fan, you don’t leave the club mid-way through aseason unless you are pushed out. A lot went on behind the scenes, things someof us (myself included) have no idea about so it may be that he jumped beforehe was pushed.

At the time I hated him for it and in a way am stilldisappointed he made the decision he did. The team we had that year, could havegone on and done a double – became even bigger legends than they are to us now.

This is in no way a dig at KT or attributed solely to himand it was happening before with the likes of Caldwell etc leaving us but itwas the start of a dark spell on the park for us where we went through a highnumber of players/managers, many of which had no affiliation, connection orreal desire to be at Hibs. Which ultimately led to the cup final of 2012 and the relegation only 2 years later.

Any resentment I had towards him has well and truly gone. Hemade the decisions he did, had a successful career (could have been better barring injuries) returned to us and served us well, played for free, made agoal line clearance in the last minute after THAT fightback at tynecastle andattends ER like the rest of us as a paying fan.

I wish him all the very best in his coaching career – who hecoaches for is of no relevance to me, if its not with Hibs. Seems as though he’sworking very hard with his academy and hasn’t just walked in to a position inthe same way many ex pros do so I respect that!

Tomsk
11-01-2018, 09:34 AM
So just to get this right you'd rather I take issue with the man just because he's coaching u13s at Rangers.

Can I put you down for a half and half scarf when we play his testimonial against the Teddy Berz?

Brightside
11-01-2018, 09:36 AM
Can I put you down for a half and half scarf when we play his testimonial against the Teddy Berz?

Grow up man.

Steve20
11-01-2018, 09:48 AM
Brown was every bit as bad as Thomson with the way they went about leaving. Only difference is the clubs they went to. And that's the reason people dislike Thomson and treat Brown as some sort of hero still.

hibsbollah
11-01-2018, 09:57 AM
Brown was every bit as bad as Thomson with the way they went about leaving. Only difference is the clubs they went to. And that's the reason people dislike Thomson and treat Brown as some sort of hero still.

Did Brown have a weekly newspaper column where he stuck the knife into the team he was captain of for well over a month? The answer is no.

snooky
11-01-2018, 10:00 AM

Broony stayed on to help us win the SLC.
The worst decision in KT's football career IMO was to get involved with the DR.
That was the killer. Murray, Whitty, Russel, all went to RFC and are still reasonably respected. The same would have applied to KT if he'd stuck to just playing football and not spouted all the BS (even if it was via a ghost writer).
A self-inflicted wound, unfortunately.

J-C
11-01-2018, 10:11 AM
Kevin left Hibs under a cloud after behind the scenes problems with Collins, JC wanted him gone asap and he was as soon as Rangers made their £2m bid in January. Yes Kevin can be outspoken and probably could've handled the problems with Collins better, Brown did and left in the summer with our best wishes after winning the League Cup but lets not forget that both handed in a transfer request literally months after signing a new long term contract. Kevin made mistakes, he's apologised and accepted that, lets move on and stop all the petty bitching about something that happened years ago, he wants to advance as a coach, unfortunately he's doing that at Rangers and not Hibs.

snooky
11-01-2018, 11:01 AM
Kevin left Hibs under a cloud after behind the scenes problems with Collins, JC wanted him gone asap and he was as soon as Rangers made their £2m bid in January. Yes Kevin can be outspoken and probably could've handled the problems with Collins better, Brown did and left in the summer with our best wishes after winning the League Cup but lets not forget that both handed in a transfer request literally months after signing a new long term contract. Kevin made mistakes, he's apologised and accepted that, lets move on and stop all the petty bitching about something that happened years ago, he wants to advance as a coach, unfortunately he's doing that at Rangers and not Hibs.

I agree with you on all that, J-C.
I was pointing out the difference between Broony's exit and KT's, in response to the previous post.

Fwiw, good luck to Kevin wherever he goes.

Stantons Angel
11-01-2018, 01:35 PM
Aye, the loyalty scheme. high on the agenda just as me and Leann were talking about the other day

i guess you got the same answers as me then?

hibbysam
11-01-2018, 01:42 PM
Broony stayed on to help us win the SLC.
The worst decision in KT's football career IMO was to get involved with the DR.
That was the killer. Murray, Whitty, Russel, all went to RFC and are still reasonably respected. The same would have applied to KT if he'd stuck to just playing football and not spouted all the BS (even if it was via a ghost writer).
A self-inflicted wound, unfortunately.

The same Ian Murray who stuck his middle up at Hibs fans?

hibbysam
11-01-2018, 01:49 PM

It wasn’t really a dig, I like them both but if you don’t like one because of how he left then you must have the same feeling about both of them. Brown shat on Hibs every bit, if not more than KT did. Kevin was stripped of the captaincy which left a massive sour taste for him, his bitterness was towards our manager, not the club. Brown very similar, in regards to transfer request and visit to Rod’s place, not forgetting his infamous interview. We had a huge chance of making two finals that year and the unrest put paid to that, long after Kevin left ER.

As I said I have no problem with either but find those that are still bitter about Kevin going to rangers is very strange, and although most wont admit it, it’s majorly down to which club he left to go to.

ekhibee
11-01-2018, 02:27 PM
It wasn’t really a dig, I like them both but if you don’t like one because of how he left then you must have the same feeling about both of them. Brown shat on Hibs every bit, if not more than KT did. Kevin was stripped of the captaincy which left a massive sour taste for him, his bitterness was towards our manager, not the club. Brown very similar, in regards to transfer request and visit to Rod’s place, not forgetting his infamous interview. We had a huge chance of making two finals that year and the unrest put paid to that, long after Kevin left ER. As I said I have no problem with either but find those that are still bitter about Kevin going to rangers is very strange, and although most wont admit it, it’s majorly down to which club he left to go to.I'm sure I read that Scott Brown gave his signing on fee to the Hibs Youth team, don't know if Thomson did that. Anyway, I don't think the players really bear comparison. IMO Brown was a much better and consistent player than Thomson who only really had 1 really good season with us, his first. He was never the same player after he came back from a long injury situation, but that's just my opinion. That's not his fault, he went on to have a pretty lucrative career at another club, and he's definitely a Hibs fan, and if he needs to coach Under-13's at another club so be it, I certainly won't hold it against him.

Iggy Pope
11-01-2018, 02:43 PM
I'm sure I read that Scott Brown gave his signing on fee to the Hibs Youth team, don't know if Thomson did that. Anyway, I don't think the players really bear comparison. IMO Brown was a much better and consistent player than Thomson who only really had 1 really good season with us, his first. He was never the same player after he came back from a long injury situation, but that's just my opinion. That's not his fault, he went on to have a pretty lucrative career at another club, and he's definitely a Hibs fan, and if he needs to coach Under-13's at another club so be it, I certainly won't hold it against him.

His fhad a very good first season under Bobby Willliamson until that career threatening injury. Sustained I think, v Partick near the end of that season.
And when he came back (missed a season and a bit I think?), he was tremendous under Mowbray, club captain (?) then Collins until the proverbials.
Marvellous footballer in my opinion.

snooky
11-01-2018, 02:51 PM

Apparently he did. Were the fans not giving him abuse before it? :dunno:
Not quite in the same league as the DR stuff IMO

IGRIGI
11-01-2018, 02:56 PM
The same Ihun Murray who stuck his middle up at Hibs fans?

Fixed.

Iggy Pope
11-01-2018, 02:56 PM

That was the Murphy 1-0 game and he had got absolute dogs abuse from our corner all day!
Personally, I thought it was funny as did most of us. I think he did too. Anyone that took offence at that is in a fragile state.

Elephant Stone
11-01-2018, 03:04 PM

Where was this?

JeMeSouviens
11-01-2018, 03:05 PM
That was the Murphy 1-0 game and he had got absolute dogs abuse from our corner all day!
Personally, I thought it was funny as did most of us. I think he did too. Anyone that took offence at that is in a fragile state.

Was it not the Crazy Ivan hat-trick day? Murray defo played for the Huns that day, pretty sure it was the first time against us.

Famous Fiver
11-01-2018, 03:10 PM
Wonder if KT has a ticket for a week on Sunday in the Hibs end?

If so, he could be sitting beside some of his voluble critics.

Iggy Pope
11-01-2018, 03:11 PM
Was it not the Crazy Ivan hat-trick day? Murray defo played for the Huns that day, pretty sure it was the first time against us.

You might be right. It would be tighter to the dates I suppose. That's the only game I ever bought a programme on the way out of the stadium. Not quite sure the same elation as that day was prevalent when Iain made his wee gesture though. Mists of time........

Edit. You're spot on. And I see that Thomson and Whittaker both played in the Murphy game!

easty
11-01-2018, 03:26 PM
Wonder if KT has a ticket for a week on Sunday in the Hibs end?

If so, he could be sitting beside some of his voluble critics.

Equally, I suppose he could be sit around a load of folk who want to suck up his arse...

JeMeSouviens
11-01-2018, 04:00 PM
You might be right. It would be tighter to the dates I suppose. That's the only game I ever bought a programme on the way out of the stadium. Not quite sure the same elation as that day was prevalent when Iain made his wee gesture though. Mists of time........

Edit. You're spot on. And I see that Thomson and Whittaker both played in the Murphy game!

Murray got dog's abuse at ER in the game after the Sproule game also, probably fuelled by the finger thing (which I thought was funny as well, Hibby mission accomplished :wink:) 2-1 for us going on 6-1. Barry Ferguson got sent off. Happy days. :greengrin

silverhibee
11-01-2018, 04:24 PM
Did Brown have a weekly newspaper column where he stuck the knife into the team he was captain of for well over a month? The answer is no.

Still have a few of the clippings from the record from when KT done the column, he mentioned Brown in nearly every colum that was done, about how the 2 of them were abused in a restaurant in leith, and how they were being treated by the fans.

What always puzzled me about it all was why did the club allow it to happen, they could have put a stop to these columns that were being written by KT, I know that the player who done the column before KT always had his proofread before it went to print.

silverhibee
11-01-2018, 04:29 PM

Silly thing for him to do, was there that day and he was getting dogs abuse from Hibs fans, some really nasty stuff, can also remember Griffths get a bit of stick from the Hibs fan and him turning round and giving the Hibs fans a GIRUY.

J-C
11-01-2018, 05:26 PM
Where was this?

In an interview at I think St Pats branch Q&A, deffo in a Q&A somewhere.

Elephant Stone
11-01-2018, 05:48 PM
In an interview at I think St Pats branch Q&A, deffo in a Q&A somewhere.

He didn't apologise there as far as I can remember, all he did was blame Keith Jackson.

hibsbollah
11-01-2018, 06:03 PM
Still have a few of the clippings from the record from when KT done the column, he mentioned Brown in nearly every colum that was done, about how the 2 of them were abused in a restaurant in leith, and how they were being treated by the fans.

What always puzzled me about it all was why did the club allow it to happen, they could have put a stop to these columns that were being written by KT, I know that the player who done the column before KT always had his proofread before it went to print.

The Daily Record columns were a joke, it's just not a viable defence for KT to say KJ was writing stuff KT didn't know about, they went on for weeks and weeks! Personally I'm over it and I'm not carrying a grudge anymore, I just wish he'd be honest about the whole sorry episode, which contributed towards ****ing up our most talented squad for years.

McD
11-01-2018, 08:38 PM
I agree with this having held the same views as other posters on this thread.

Having sat in on the interview, the impression I (like yourself) got was KT was incredibly regretful over how that whole scenario happened. It all stemmed from him and Brown employing McKay as their agent which totally annoyed Collins.

:agree:

Great efforts with the interviews btw :aok:

cmcd
11-01-2018, 10:08 PM
Sevco are are a club rotten to the core with bigotry. The vile, unadulterated sectarianism both they and their predecessor club and fans have gotten away over the years is shameful.

If KT wants to be part if that then that's up to him. It tells me he's learnt nothing since he was 22. If you are with them you are for them.

What a pile of dung.Kevin wanted to further his career and make enough money to look after his family .So what .If you were offered the chance to do so you would jump at it .If not you would be crazy

CMurdoch
12-01-2018, 01:37 AM
Hard to believe this thread has reached 5 pages
Thomson getting on with the next part of his life after a few false starts.

Elephant Stone
12-01-2018, 03:03 PM
What a pile of dung.Kevin wanted to further his career and make enough money to look after his family .So what .If you were offered the chance to do so you would jump at it .If not you would be crazy

It's not a pile of dung at all. If people in this country actually called them out for what they are instead of talking them up as some kind of Scottish institution with wonderful fans then their behaviour would be a lot easier to stomach.

Johnny Clash
12-01-2018, 04:57 PM

Yes, the very same Ian Murray who had 0-7 painted into his hair when we played at Tiny!

Smartie
12-01-2018, 05:16 PM
I don't know what KT has to do win some folk over.

3 stints, hundreds of appearances - many of them to a very high standard, played for nothing, made a telling contribution during the derbies on our way to cup glory.

Some folk tear strips off him for questionable comments whilst a young man ages ago, and for seeking gainful employment and an institution we don't particularly like.

Get a grip FFS.

(Although I'm going to be a bit naughty here - has anyone else heard about him being a bit disruptive during his time up at Dundee? A week or so I was speaking to a guy I know who supports Dundee, asking if Bain was a disruptive influence. One of the things he did say was that they reckon Thomson was, and that during Hartley's time all sorts of cliques were developing and that Thomson was a big part of that. Sounds a wee bit familiar, no?)

hibbysam
12-01-2018, 05:53 PM
Yes, the very same Ian Murray who had 0-7 painted into his hair when we played at Tiny!

Again, on murray I have no issue with him, I just find it funny the poster I quoted has a massive issue with KT for a couple of comments he didn’t make when he was 22, but holds Murray in high regard after he done that.

For the record all three are some of my favourite Hibs players.

Iggy Pope
12-01-2018, 05:56 PM

3 stints, hundreds of appearances - many of them to a very high standard, played for nothing, made a telling contribution during the derbies on our way to cup glory.

Some folk tear strips off him for questionable comments whilst a young man ages ago, and for seeking gainful employment and an institution we don't particularly like.

Get a grip FFS.

(Although I'm going to be a bit naughty here - has anyone else heard about him being a bit disruptive during his time up at Dundee? A week or so I was speaking to a guy I know who supports Dundee, asking if Bain was a disruptive influence. One of the things he did say was that they reckon Thomson was, and that during Hartley's time all sorts of cliques were developing and that Thomson was a big part of that. Sounds a wee bit familiar, no?)

Schizo. There's only 2 Smarties.

Hibrandenburg
12-01-2018, 06:21 PM

Get a grip FFS.

I don't know why people just can't accept that not everyone has to like KT.

cmcd
13-01-2018, 11:26 AM
I don't know why people just can't accept that not everyone has to like KT.

No one can like everyone but some of the comments on here are out of order .Let's be honest no one on here knows anything about Kevin it's all pure speculation.Im on the side of if you don't know the truth just keep you're mouth shut

Steve-O
14-01-2018, 01:31 AM
No one can like everyone but some of the comments on here are out of order .Let's be honest no one on here knows anything about Kevin it's all pure speculation.Im on the side of if you don't know the truth just keep you're mouth shut

I think people know SOME things about KT!

SirDavidsNapper
14-01-2018, 02:51 AM
Couldn't give a toss if Kevin is a Rangers employee. He's a Hibs fan and ex player and wore the green and white without taking a wage. Some people need to remember he was young lad quadrupling his wages in moving to Rangers, who were a successful team back then. Kevin was a standout for them until his injury and could/should have played at the very highest level if it wasn't for injuries. Class player and decent Hibee. Best player from out golden generation imo. The man is earning a wage and i hope its a good one.

Danderhall Hibs
14-01-2018, 08:47 AM

I think it was “1973” he had shaved/painted on his head?

And as for Thomson - he’s trying to set up his Academy, why wouldn’t he build a relationship with one of the biggest clubs in Scotland? It’d be crazy if him not to - no doubt a Celtic link will be established as well if/when Brown gets involved.