PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: HEARTS TICKETS ON SALE ON WEDNESDAY

Pages : 1 [2]

Blaster
10-01-2018, 02:28 PM
Yet theres some who won't have been to any aways this season and this game will be their first!

And I get that mate. However let’s assume I was one of those. Would I deserve one based on my loyalty since the 80s for this game?

Just playing devils advocate 😉

SteveHFC
10-01-2018, 02:29 PM
How does theirs work? Is it the same as our previous system?

Buying a Season Ticket - 20 points
Booking a ticket for home matches - 1 point per match
Booking tickets for away matches (where advanced sales apply) - varies

Eaststandee
10-01-2018, 02:29 PM
Oh well, better luck next time.

If I remember correctly were you not someone who was really vocal about your disdain for the loyalty point system?

Hermit Crab
10-01-2018, 02:30 PM
And I get that mate. However let’s assume I was one of those. Would I deserve one based on my loyalty since the 80s for this game?

Just playing devils advocate 😉

Quite simply no as you wouldn't have enough points based on matches attended this season.

Blaster
10-01-2018, 02:32 PM
Quite simply no as you wouldn't have enough points based on matches attended this season.

😜

KWJ
10-01-2018, 02:33 PM
Hibs royally ****ed up by doing the HSL points thing, also people moaning that they should get points for buying pies and stuff from the club shop - absolute nonsense. Points get allocated for ticket purchases only and thats only your ticket! No extra points for buying your mates tickets. Its easy to do. If tickets are available in advance and you choose to use the cash gate then thats tough ****, you don't get the points added.

It's the problems of having a good team.

Walk ups can't get a decent seat because ST holders have them all and many dinnae even bother showing up.

.Sean.
10-01-2018, 02:34 PM
Unable to post a screenshot from my phone but if you click on Hearts away on eticketing it says the only available tickets are hospitality?

blackpoolhibs
10-01-2018, 02:37 PM
If I remember correctly were you not someone who was really vocal about your disdain for the loyalty point system?

Yip, and i missed out today, thats the luck of the draw.

Hermit Crab
10-01-2018, 02:42 PM
Unable to post a screenshot from my phone but if you click on Hearts away on eticketing it says the only available tickets are hospitality?

See my post #213

lucky
10-01-2018, 02:44 PM
Hibs royally ****ed up by doing the HSL points thing, also people moaning that they should get points for buying pies and stuff from the club shop - absolute nonsense. Points get allocated for ticket purchases only and thats only your ticket! No extra points for buying your mates tickets. Its easy to do. If tickets are available in advance and you choose to use the cash gate then thats tough ****, you don't get the points added.

What about out of town fans? Surely points could be added with a ticket stub at a later date?

ronaldo7
10-01-2018, 02:50 PM
They get more points for going to RC, Aberdeen, Kilmarnock etc then they do for going to Hibs away (1 point) 3 year rolling with the first years points dropping off after 3 years. Kept nice and simple. No retrospective adding of points, points are allocated on ticket purchases only.

How much is it to administer? How much time is taken up by ticket office staff having to deal with enquiries?

Hermit Crab
10-01-2018, 02:54 PM
What about out of town fans? Surely points could be added with a ticket stub at a later date?

No. If you want points then use print at home, or scan from phone, collection from Hibs or royal mail for home games and for aways, theres collection from Hibernian or royal mail.

Kojock
10-01-2018, 02:55 PM
As I said previously if LD thinks it's fair that someone who has never attended an away game all season has the same chance as someone who is a regular at away matches, then she has no idea what supporting a football team means.

Hermit Crab
10-01-2018, 02:56 PM
How much is it to administer? How much time is taken up by ticket office staff having to deal with enquiries?

Thats something only a hearts ticket office employee can answer. What I do know though is that theres nowhere near as many threads moaning about ticket allocations per points on JKB, its accepted if you've not got enough points for a big game ticket then its tough titty and thats the best way to work it.

SuperAllyMcleod
10-01-2018, 03:02 PM

I agree with almost all of that - everything except the use of the cash gates - sometimes I don’t know if I’ll be able to make a match until the last minute and can then only go if there is a cash gate - not sure why that would then make me less of a loyal supporter than someone buying a ticket the day before?

That said, I’m not sure how Hibs could handle that situation - other than print at home away tickets.

When the loyalty scheme was on I missed out on a few points from using cash gates but I was fortunate enough to still have enough points when needed.

I managed to get a ticket today - I’ve missed two derbies since Hearts were promoted in the early eighties - one I was in hospital, the other on holiday. I’ve sat through more than my fair share of poor Hibs performances in these games and I would have been pretty cheesed off to miss this game.

Iggy Pope
10-01-2018, 03:05 PM

Ticket office staff having to deal with the temerity of punters asking questions?

Easter Road Stadium currently functions for two days a week maximum as a spectator venue. Most weeks less than that. Right now, it's got nothing to host for weeks. It's 4 o clock now. I'll bet at 4 tomorrow it's a pretty sleepy wee place.

They'll bite my hand off tomorrow if I phone up looking for six Player of the Year Dinner tickets. Or 40 Stadium tours for my busload of Chinese tourists. Or a half season ticket.

Hermit Crab
10-01-2018, 03:06 PM
I agree with almost all of that - everything except the use of the cash gates - sometimes I don’t know if I’ll be able to make a match until the last minute and can then only go if there is a cash gate - not sure why that would then make me less of a loyal supporter than someone buying a ticket the day before?

That said, I’m not sure how Hibs could handle that situation - other than print at home away tickets.

When the loyalty scheme was on I missed out on a few points from using cash gates but I was fortunate enough to still have enough points when needed.

I managed to get a ticket today - I’ve missed two derbies since Hearts were promoted in the early eighties - one I was in hospital, the other on holiday. I’ve sat through more than my fair share of poor Hibs performances in these games and I would have been pretty cheesed off to miss this game.

It doesn't make you less loyal but you have to draw a line somewhere, no points for cash gates imo, no other club does it. Last minute fans can print at home, scan the ticket on their smart phone or book a ticket online and collect at the ticket office, theres plenty options for home games. For away game if you don't buy a ticket in advance then thats tough and I don't mean that to sound harsh but thats the way it is.

ronaldo7
10-01-2018, 03:06 PM
Thats something only a hearts ticket office employee can answer. What I do know though is that theres nowhere near as many threads moaning about ticket allocations per points on JKB, its accepted if you've not got enough points for a big game ticket then its tough titty and thats the best way to work it.

All fine and good, however I heard big Frank mention ticket office staff being abused during our last foray into loyalty points.

I'm sure nobody would like us to go back to that again. We got into the first system without thinking it through, let's not do it again this time, if we're to do it at all.

I'm sure Leeann will be looking at the costs, and disruption it caused last time out, and she may be thinking...Is it worth it.

Time will tell.

ronaldo7
10-01-2018, 03:08 PM
Ticket office staff having to deal with the temerity of punters asking questions?

Easter Road Stadium currently functions for two days a week maximum as a spectator venue. Most weeks less than that. Right now, it's got nothing to host for weeks. It's 4 o clock now. I'll bet at 4 tomorrow it's a pretty sleepy wee place.

They'll bite my hand off tomorrow if I phone up looking for six Player of the Year Dinner tickets. Or 40 Stadium tours for my busload of Chinese tourists. Or a half season ticket.

It was more about the abuse they took.

hibbysam
10-01-2018, 03:10 PM
All fine and good, however I heard big Frank mention ticket office staff being abused during our last foray into loyalty points.

I'm sure nobody would like us to go back to that again. We got into the first system without thinking it through, let's not do it again this time, if we're to do it at all.

I'm sure Leeann will be looking at the costs, and disruption it caused last time out, and she may be thinking...Is it worth it.

Time will tell.

First sign of abuse and the abuser is banned from buying away tickets for a month, then two months, then barred. Simple. Other industries don’t allow customers to abuse staff so why should ours?

Hermit Crab
10-01-2018, 03:12 PM

Time will tell.

Should never have happened and is out of order but that was down to people not fully understanding the system, Example, there was punters turning up with say 10 references wanting tickets for Ibrox, Tynecastle etc but only 8 or 9 references had the required points and they were chancing their arm to get their mates under the points level tickets and when the ticket office staff quite rightly said no the punters became abusive as it was all Hibs fault yadda yadda yadda .

That can be avoided by clearly explaining the system and how it will work from the beginning with no exceptions.

Iggy Pope
10-01-2018, 03:13 PM

That's not what you wrote, but I happen to believe this suggestion of abuse is being used as a flag of some convenience. And I've discussed this with the CEO herself, albeit a year ago now.

Do you think the Ticket Office will be stretched with enquiries, say next 10 working days? I don't.

sadtom
10-01-2018, 03:14 PM
Apologies if already mention but the fishal site info appears a bit dopey (or is dumb the new 'genius'? :cb) It states that there are no sales from the ticket office but then goes on to say that "for all concessions proof must be shown" :confused: (or are they insisting tickets must be collected rather than posted?)
Think i might phone Camelot tonight and show them my winning ticket over the phone.

Iggy Pope
10-01-2018, 03:16 PM
Should never have happened and is out of order but that was down to people not fully understanding the system, Example, there was punters turning up with say 10 references wanting tickets for Ibrox, Tynecastle etc but only 8 or 9 references had the required points and they were chancing their arm to get their mates under the points level tickets and when the ticket office staff quite rightly said no the punters became abusive as it was all Hibs fault yadda yadda yadda .

That can be avoided by clearly explaining the system and how it will work from the beginning with no exceptions.

It can. And the policy of Online sales only for big games removes any of the perceived abuse.

Hermit Crab
That's not what you wrote, but I happen to believe this suggestion of abuse is being used as a flag of some convenience. And I've discussed this with the CEO herself, albeit a year ago now.

Do you think the Ticket Office will be stretched with enquiries, say next 10 working days? I don't.

Perhaps a tad with Dundee and Celtic away tickets going on sale in the next 10 days but nothing they cant handle.

C Feeney-Seale
Tracey just confirmed to me 30 tickets got kept back for the singing section. A complete disgrace in my opinion when the club are saying there should be no loyalty points as we don’t want to tier supporters?

That to me is saying the singing section are better fans to the rest of us. I’m really disappointed by that. Perhaps next season we all need to ask to be in the singing section...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hermit Crab
10-01-2018, 03:18 PM
Apologies if already mention but the fishal site info appears a bit dopey (or is dumb the new 'genius'? :cb) It states that there are no sales from the ticket office but then goes on to say that "for all concessions proof must be shown" :confused: (or are they insisting tickets must be collected rather than posted?)
Think i might phone Camelot tonight and show them my winning ticket over the phone.

You cant get concession or student tickets posted AFAIK, they must be collected and ID shown.

Iggy Pope
10-01-2018, 03:18 PM
Perhaps a tad with Dundee and Celtic away tickets going on sale in the next 10 days but nothing they cant handle.

I could probably handle the Dundee sales from here.

sadtom
10-01-2018, 03:19 PM
You cant get concession or student tickets posted AFAIK, they must be collected and ID shown.

Ta.

ronaldo7
10-01-2018, 03:20 PM

Fair do's

The abuse was real.

I'm sure extended holiday season at the ticket office will be well used, just prior to the season ticket rush.

Hermit Crab
10-01-2018, 03:20 PM
Tracey just confirmed to me 30 tickets got kept back for the singing section. A complete disgrace in my opinion when the club are saying there should be no loyalty points as we don’t want to tier supporters?

That to me is saying the singing section are better fans to the rest of us. I’m really disappointed by that. Perhaps next season we all need to ask to be in the singing section...

It is a disgrace! Maybe Tracey can come on here and explain that decision then? There wasn't 30 of them at Dundee at half 12 on the Sunday I can tell you that!

hibbysam
10-01-2018, 03:22 PM

That’s very poor when in reply to the query regarding supporters clubs Leeann advised that she wasn’t aware of this happening and it would be stopped immediately. Regardless of whether you sing and shout or run a bus, you shouldn’t be made different to any other Joe Bloggs.

Peanut Shaz
10-01-2018, 03:22 PM

Wouldn't be to sure about that! I've had an issue with the TO over the Christmas period regarding POTY tickets and found them quite rude and uninterested

marinello59
10-01-2018, 03:23 PM

If there is one ground that doesn't need an orchestrated group of cheerleaders to get us going it's Tynecastle Away.
Guaranteed Tynie tickets though? So...how do you officially join? Asking for a friend.:greengrin

Hermit Crab
10-01-2018, 03:25 PM

Another point on this, does that mean they will be getting tickets held back for Parkhead and Ibrox? Two games with an already very limited allocation as it is! Why should they get preferential treatment? No need to keep them tickets back for Dundee away though, it will be a choose your seat job up there and half of them won't be there anyway...:rolleyes:

southfieldhibby
10-01-2018, 03:26 PM

The excuse that they create an atmosphere is nonsense. The Roseburn on derby day takes care of itself. And to suggest they create a great atmosphere at all away games is also stretching it. There's been a few recently when i'm not even sure they've been there collectively.

That's not to say I don't think they're a good addition and more power to them, but giving them tickets for tynie is also nonsense.

Hermit Crab
10-01-2018, 03:27 PM
If there is one ground that doesn't need an orchestrated group of cheerleaders to get us going it's Tynecastle Away.
Guaranteed Tynie tickets though? So...how do you officially join? Asking for a friend.:greengrin

:tee hee:.

All joking aside its poor form from Hibs.

Hibeewilly
10-01-2018, 03:27 PM
It is a disgrace! Maybe Tracey can come on here and explain that decision then? There wasn't 30 of them at Dundee at half 12 on the Sunday I can tell you that!
Correct!! This just beggars belief!!!

Iggy Pope
10-01-2018, 03:28 PM
Wouldn't be to sure about that! I've had an issue with the TO over the Christmas period regarding POTY tickets and found them quite rude and uninterested

Phone Lauren on 661 2159. She will sort you.

Biggie
10-01-2018, 03:29 PM
This is a ball ache.....a ballot seems to be the way ahead.
Saying that, what do man Utd do for big away games ?
What do Liverpool do ?......do they do ballots ?.....do they have loyalty points ?

Personally, can't see me getting to Tynie again for the foreseeable (and for the cock measure's I've been going since the 70's 😎)
Hibs could do worse than arrange a beam back to a big screen at ER......or better still rent the odeon/omni out on a Wed night ? (Would happily pay £20 to watch with a packed auditorium and fellow hibees)
Failing that, the beam back to ER was ok last time.......

Hermit Crab
Correct!! This just beggars belief!!!

So do they/will they get tickets held back for Parkhead and Ibrox as well? :confused:

Iggy Pope
Fair do's

The abuse was real.

I'm sure extended holiday season at the ticket office will be well used, just prior to the season ticket rush.

April?

Daydreamer
10-01-2018, 03:31 PM
Ta.Not quite true as got a concession ticket posted out for both Hamilton and Partick away

Hermit Crab
10-01-2018, 03:32 PM
This is a ball ache.....a ballot seems to be the way ahead.
Saying that, what do man Utd do for big away games ?
What do Liverpool do ?......do they do ballots ?.....do they have loyalty points ?

Personally, can't see me getting to Tynie again for the foreseeable (and for the cock measure's I've been going since the 70's 😎)
Hibs could do worse than arrange a beam back to a big screen at ER......or better still rent the odeon/omni out on a Wed night ? (Would happily pay £20 to watch with a packed auditorium and fellow hibees)
Failing that, the beam back to ER was ok last time.......

Man U do ballots.

Liverpool do matches attended this season, is that right Scouse Hibee?

Man City do tickets points.

Hibs90
10-01-2018, 03:34 PM

Quite rightly so, god knows what the atmosphere at ER would be like without these guys.

C Feeney-Seale
10-01-2018, 03:34 PM
Another point on this, does that mean they will be getting tickets held back for Parkhead and Ibrox? Two games with an already very limited allocation as it is! Why should they get preferential treatment? No need to keep them tickets back for Dundee away though, it will be a choose your seat job up there and half of them won't be there anyway...:rolleyes:

God knows - the rule book seems to change every week right now with the tickets. Hopefully we can get answers soon.

C Feeney-Seale
10-01-2018, 03:37 PM
Quite rightly so, god knows what the atmosphere at ER would be like without these guys.

We aren’t talking about at ER we are talking about buying tickets for away games.

Peanut Shaz
10-01-2018, 03:39 PM
Phone Lauren on 661 2159. She will sort you.

:thumbsup:

Hibeewilly
10-01-2018, 03:41 PM
So do they/will they get tickets held back for Parkhead and Ibrox as well? :confused:
I tried to get my mate to buy my grotickets in section 120 at Celtic Park this morning (hes a celtic man) as I couldn't get tickets for our section last time. Celtic have sold out so back to the online lottery on the 17th or whenever

SuperAllyMcleod
10-01-2018, 03:53 PM

I don’t know one way or the other, but is it possible that this was part of a deal to get them to move to the FF this season?

These guys came together to improve the atmosphere at games and got themselves very well organised - and all respect to them for it. Perhaps they didn’t want to move ( I hope they move back to the East next year as we have missed them) but did so on the promise of being looked after for these sort of games?

I well remember the difference they made at the Cup Final and I don’t begrudge them the opportunity to go to Tynie.

Hermit Crab
10-01-2018, 03:56 PM
Heres how Man city are selling their tickets for the League Cup Semi Final tickets away to Bristol City at Ashton Gate, roughly 2600 tickets allocated to City (reduced allocation but 10% as per cup rule). How easy is this, ST holders in their league cup scheme with 21000 ticket points or more got first chance at 9am on 3rd Jan, then folk on 20000 or more the same day at 2pm, not the sales are staggered but with 2 waves per day at 9am and 2pm, they continue to sell like this until all the tickets are sold out. Its that simple!

LD PLEASE TAKE NOTE, THANKS :aok:

STH's LC Scheme Date/Time Of Sales Points Req'd Tickets P/P

League Cup Scheme 03 January 2018 09:00 21000 1

League Cup Scheme 03 January 2018 14:00 20000 1

League Cup Scheme 04 January 2018 10:00 19500 1

League Cup Scheme 04 January 2018 14:00 19000 1

League Cup Scheme 05 January 2018 09:00 18500 1

League Cup Scheme 05 January 2018 14:00 18000 1

League Cup Scheme 08 January 2018 09:00 17500 1

League Cup Scheme 08 January 2018 14:00 17000 1

League Cup Scheme 09 January 2018 09:00 16500 1

League Cup Scheme 09 January 2018 14:00 16000 1

League Cup Scheme 10 January 2018 09:00 15000 1

League Cup Scheme 10 January 2018 14:00 14000 1

League Cup Scheme 11 January 2018 10:00 13000 1

League Cup Scheme 11 January 2018 14:00 12000 1

10-01-2018, 03:57 PM
After another shambles, thankfully i've managed to get my hands on a couple.

However, this absolutely needs to be addressed. The club need to come out and admit that scrapping the loyalty points system was a mistake. Was it a perfect system? No. But there really is no such thing as a "perfect" system, there are always gonna be some folk that miss out. It is though, the fairest way. Nobody is trying to create the "uber fan brigade" or the idea that "oh i'm a better fan because I have more points" but it means that people don't end up in the really unfair predicament where they travel home and away to all the (for use of a better term) "less glamorous fixtures" but then miss out on the bigger games.

I totally get not everyone can afford to travel home and away every or most weeks and save their money for specific fixtures which of course is going to be the Cat A game, it certainly doesn't make them any less of a hibs fan than someone who goes every week but i'm sorry, we have to give those people going more often priority, it's only fair.

Where we went massively wrong with the loyalty points system though was awarding points to HSL subscripters. I get they wanted to add an incentive to get more to join and I get you can support and have loyalty the club in more ways than attending games. However, given that the loyalty points are used for the very purpose of getting tickets to attend games, it should have been kept specifically with attendance points. I'm an HSL contributer but if we bring back loyalty points i'm afraid the HSL has to stay out of it.

Hibs3-2
10-01-2018, 03:58 PM
As i said before on this thread;

“If true then i think that is fair enough, 30 tickets out an allocation of 3000/4000 to help improve atmosphere at the game. These guys always seem to put in hours outside the games to make/setup displays aswell.

I just hope as LD is doing this then they attend every away game as a result”

I dont grudge them 30 tickets out a 3000/4000 support for the work they do in creating a better atmosphere (home and away) and for the excellent displays, provided all 30 are ST holders. Especially when alot more than 30 will be kept for board memebers/families, ex players and current players families/friends.

What i do have a problem with is the lottery that happens at the moment when a loyalty system is the simplest and fairest way

Hermit Crab
10-01-2018, 04:00 PM
I don’t know one way or the other, but is it possible that this was part of a deal to get them to move to the FF this season?

These guys came together to improve the atmosphere at games and got themselves very well organised - and all respect to them for it. Perhaps they didn’t want to move ( I hope they move back to the East next year as we have missed them) but did so on the promise of being looked after for these sort of games?

I well remember the difference they made at the Cup Final and I don’t begrudge them the opportunity to go to Tynie.

Why should they though? Tickets are already at a premium!

Hermit Crab
10-01-2018, 04:04 PM
As i said before on this thread;

“If true then i think that is fair enough, 30 tickets out an allocation of 3000/4000 to help improve atmosphere at the game. These guys always seem to put in hours outside the games to make/setup displays aswell.

I just hope as LD is doing this then they attend every away game as a result”

I dont grudge them 30 tickets out a 3000/4000 support for the work they do in creating a better atmosphere (home and away) and for the excellent displays, provided all 30 are ST holders. Especially when alot more than 30 will be kept for board memebers/families, ex players and current players families/friends.

What i do have a problem with is the lottery that happens at the moment when a loyalty system is the simplest and fairest way

They don't attend every game, nowhere near it!

Because we need 30 singers at Tynecaste to create a special atmosphere right enough.:rolleyes:

Hibeewilly
10-01-2018, 04:04 PM
After another shambles, thankfully i've managed to get my hands on a couple.

However, this absolutely needs to be addressed. The club need to come out and admit that scrapping the loyalty points system was a mistake. Was it a perfect system? No. But there really is no such thing as a "perfect" system, there are always gonna be some folk that miss out. It is though, the fairest way. Nobody is trying to create the "uber fan brigade" or the idea that "oh i'm a better fan because I have more points" but it means that people don't end up in the really unfair predicament where they travel home and away to all the (for use of a better term) "less glamorous fixtures" but then miss out on the bigger games.

I totally get not everyone can afford to travel home and away every or most weeks and save their money for specific, it certainly doesn't make them any less of a hibs fan than someone who goes every week but i'm sorry, we have to give those people going more often priority, it's only fair.

Where we went massively wrong with the loyalty points system though was awarding points to HSL subscripters. I get they wanted to add an incentive to get more to join and I get you can support and have loyalty the club in more ways than attending games. However, given that the loyalty points are used for the very purpose of getting tickets to attend games, it should have been kept specifically with attendance points. I'm an HSL contributer but if we bring back loyalty points i'm afraid the HSL has to stay out of it.
Excellent post

ronaldo7
10-01-2018, 04:05 PM

Because we need 30 singers at Tynecaste to create a special atmosphere right enough.:rolleyes:

Have you got a tracker on "All" of them?

Hibs3-2
10-01-2018, 04:06 PM

Read the part i said after you put in bold.

Id hate to see you and others reaction to the amount of tickets given to sponsors/board members/players (current and former)

Hermit Crab
10-01-2018, 04:07 PM
Read the part i said after you put in bold.

Id hate to see you and others reaction to the amount of tickets given to sponsors/board members/players (current and former)

Do you know how many they got in total?

Carheenlea
10-01-2018, 04:08 PM
Man U do ballots.

Liverpool do matches attended this season, is that right Scouse Hibee?

Man City do tickets points.

Those clubs, like a few others in England and both the Old Firm have demand that exceeds supply for away tickets every other week. Why a loyalty scheme is in demand at Hibs is the fact that despite home attendances reaching impressively high numbers, our travelling support has remained similar to what it's always been. Those will be the same fans who have backed the club home and away during lean times and it shouldn't be difficult, or controversial to have a system where those fans are given first opportunity to purchase for in demand away games.

Hibs3-2
10-01-2018, 04:09 PM
Do you know how many they got in total?

Specifically, no. But judging by the amount of ex players, celtic fans that i know are friends of players, board members families etc i see at games and always clustered together....its alot more than 30. Atleast they 30 are Hibs ST holders

Blaster
10-01-2018, 04:22 PM
It was much better when we were crap and didn’t have a problem getting tickets

Life isn’t fair but come on the way some folk are going on here you’d think it was life n death

Hibeewilly
10-01-2018, 04:31 PM
It was much better when we were crap and didn’t have a problem getting tickets

Life isn’t fair but come on the way some folk are going on here you’d think it was life n death

It is mate! When you have supported Hibs home and away most of your life (41 years in my case) and never had problems with tickets for the away games.....then we start playing well and the demand goes through the roof...and I'm having to sit in away ends because of that....yes you've guessed it I'm totally pissed off that there isnt a points scheme of some sort in place . Hopefully the board will see sense and introduce something that awards attendees who support the team home and away through thick and thin

wookie70
10-01-2018, 04:31 PM
The TO staff being abused is a very weak and lame excuse. I see hundreds of fans abusing players every home game but I haven't heard LeeAnn suggest we stop playing football. Don't punish all fans because some misbehave. Deal with the offenders and work harder on Comms to make fans understand the system.

HH81
10-01-2018, 04:42 PM
I thought the current way is designed to make Hibs as much money as possible? If so you can see their stance on this.

Sell as many season tickets as possible is always going to be the best way.

If have it as -

On sale to all season ticket holders. Where demand strips supply then all names into a hat who request it and tickets sold from that.

Keeps the value of the season ticket high as you know worst case scenario is you can enter draw. If worst comes to worst and you don't get a ticket such is life.

Mr Grieves
10-01-2018, 04:44 PM
Delighted to get 2 tickets and looking forward to my first away game in a long time.

Hermit Crab
10-01-2018, 04:52 PM
Delighted to get 2 tickets and looking forward to my first away game in a long time.

Aye, nice try mate although I suspect you'll get a few bites. :fishin:

Iggy Pope
10-01-2018, 04:53 PM

You've missed some absolute belters. You been ill?

Hermit Crab
10-01-2018, 04:54 PM
You've missed some absolute belters. You been ill?

Johnny come lately? :greengrin

lord bunberry
10-01-2018, 04:57 PM
I got tickets this time after missing out the last time. That’s just the way it is. If I wanted to be guaranteed a ticket I’d sign up for the away season ticket.

Hermit Crab
10-01-2018, 04:59 PM
OfficialHFC browsing this thread, Ticket points system must be looked at, at least hold an open meeting for fans to attend to discuss it!

Thanks.

Hibs53
10-01-2018, 05:00 PM
So another hour out of my life that I won't get back. They say third time lucky but not for us. The fairest way would be a ballot linking tickets together. In our case 3 ST holders.

Would be interested to know just how many tickets are giving to players, ex players, coaching staff etc. If I knew that we were all logging on at 12 for 1500 to 2000 tickets I would not bother.

I followed Tracey's instructions on Facebook not to log on before 12 as system gets upgrade at 12. What a load of rubbish that information was as according to this site people logging on as 11.30 got tickets.

I don't drive and financially cannot afford to go to many away games. This does not make me less of a fan.

Before we became successful again we never had a problem getting tickets for Tynecastle.

Having a Season Ticket with cup top up was enough.

Peanut Shaz
10-01-2018, 05:02 PM

If this is the case then I will be royally hacked off as I had to move my seat in the FF to accommodate them. So I'll be shafted twice - moved from a seat that I'd sat in for many years and then find they get priority for premium tickets. How about those of us who had to move getting tickets kept back as well then!! A shambles

SteveHFC
10-01-2018, 05:03 PM
OfficialHFC browsing this thread, Ticket points system must be looked at, at least hold an open meeting for fans to attend to discuss it!

Thanks.

This.

Kojock
10-01-2018, 05:13 PM

Abusing the TO staff is not on, however the individuals dishing out the abuse are the ones who should be punished, not the whole class.

StevieCowan
10-01-2018, 05:14 PM

Thanks.

Another open meeting that less than 20 souls will attend, with several of them already on the Working Together Groups?

jeffers
10-01-2018, 05:20 PM
I also think a loyalty scheme should be reintroduced and say that as someone who would not have had a chance of a ticket for Tynecastle as I've not been to enough away games this season to accrue the necessary points. However I totally see where Hibs and LD are coming from in not reintroducing one. The priority is to maximise revenue and when the scheme was in place some fans were in effect blackmailing the club by threatening not to renew their season tickets as purchasing one was not giving them an opportunity to get a ticket for high demand away games. So while the lack of a scheme may p1ss off a number of us I highly doubt anyone is not going to renew their season ticket because of it.

So accepting (while not agreeing with) the club's stance I'm left to take my chances on-line using a system that clearly does not work properly. It's absolute pot luck getting logged on to the eticketing site and results in the frustration and anger a number of us have experienced while for others who logged on at the same time it appears to be plain sailing.

After the league game I suggested that this is something the fans reps could get involved and while I have no doubt this was investigated and we get an update on the official site to say everyone would be logged out at 12, this appears not to have been the case. So I ask again how does the site work and what are we paying for ?

WhileTheChief..
10-01-2018, 05:21 PM
We often hear that it’s important for the club to try and get more fans.

Anyone ‘new’ to supporting Hibs would have zero chance of ever getting to Ibrox, Parkhead or Tynie.

Similarly a kid growing up now that becomes a teenager will also have zero chance if we go on the basis that folk that have been going to every away game always deserve first dibs.

I just don’t agree with the argument that “I’ve not missed a game in years therefore I should always get a ticket”.

How about the concept of taking turns, giving someone else a chance, thinking of how fortunate you’ve been to never miss one compared to those that can never get one?

I’m not ‘at it’ or on the wind up here. It’s just a different point of view.

It’s funny how folk think the only fair way is the way that ensures they get a ticket.

If you’ve not missed a game in years can you really not see why folk that have never been might feel a bit aggrieved? Or do you just not care?!!

Hermit Crab
10-01-2018, 05:22 PM
Another open meeting that less than 20 souls will attend, with several of them already on the Working Together Groups?

You got this Fridays euromillions numbers while your on predicting the future? If there was a meeting and I was able to attend then I'd be there!

jeffers
10-01-2018, 05:25 PM

Anyone ‘new’ to supporting Hibs would have zero chance of ever getting to Ibrox, Parkhead or Tynie.

Similarly a kid growing up now that becomes a teenager will also have zero chance if we go on the basis that folk that have been going to every away game always deserve first dibs.

I just don’t agree with the argument that “I’ve not missed a game in years therefore I should always get a ticket”.

How about the concept of taking turns, giving someone else a chance, thinking of how fortunate you’ve been to never miss one compared to those that can never get one?

It’s funny how folk think the only fair way is the way that ensures they get a ticket.

If you’ve not missed a game in years can you really not see why folk that have never been might feel a bit aggrieved? Or do you just not care?!!

Your issue/point is solved by not awarding points for Hearts,Rangers and Celtic away.

silverhibee
10-01-2018, 05:30 PM
:tee hee:.

All joking aside its poor form from Hibs.

Would also suggest that someone from the club is telling porkies.

bigwheel
10-01-2018, 05:33 PM

I'm neither an away season ticket holder or someone who goes to every game...so I would not be in tier 1 for any loyalty scheme...

In absence of a loyalty scheme, I'm all for a ballot...make it more random. But I do doff my cap to those who go to every game, and feel they earn the right for priority for match tickets..just my view.

a couple of points on your different view - there should be no reason under current arrangements that anyone who wants a ticket "can never get one"..there's about 6 games a season where demand outstrips supply..

and in your scenario would you see it right that someone who fancies going to an away game for the first time, has the same likelihood, for an up and coming high demand game, as someone who goes every week? I can't see the fairness in that.

Hermit Crab
10-01-2018, 05:38 PM
Would also suggest that someone from the club is telling porkies.

:agree:

calumhibee1
10-01-2018, 05:49 PM

Your points would lapse every so many years (say for arguments sake 4 years). You wouldn't get points for category A games. Therefore if you spent 4 years going home and away to all games other than the ones you couldn't get a ticket for, you'd then put yourself into the points threshold for the category A games alongside everyone else.

WhileTheChief..
10-01-2018, 05:51 PM
and in your scenario would you see it right that someone who fancies going to an away game for the first time, has the same likelihood, for an up and coming high demand game, as someone who goes every week? I can't see the fairness in that.

I agree with you. I’m not saying my other point of view is right, I’m just saying that there are different points of view. Nothing else:aok:

Nakedmanoncrack
10-01-2018, 05:52 PM
The advice not to log on before 12 as system gets upgrade at 12, turned out to be rubbish as I'm sure most were expecting!

I ended up getting in on two devices, both of which had been in "queue" since before 12.

calumhibee1
10-01-2018, 05:55 PM
The excuse that they create an atmosphere is nonsense. The Roseburn on derby day takes care of itself. And to suggest they create a great atmosphere at all away games is also stretching it. There's been a few recently when i'm not even sure they've been there collectively.

That's not to say I don't think they're a good addition and more power to them, but giving them tickets for tynie is also nonsense.

This is where I'm at with this. I've missed the last 4 trips to Tynecastle even though I've had 4 devices all attempting to get on and my brothers have been doing the same. Yet these guys are guaranteed a ticket because of what can only be described as being seen by the club as it being more important that they're there than any other fans? I've had a season ticket for longer than I care to remember, longer than the majority of the singing section will have (that's not a dig at them btw) so why are they looked upon as being more important than me or anyone else that doesn't sit in the top corner of the FF?

bigwheel
10-01-2018, 05:59 PM
I agree with you. I’m not saying my other point of view is right, I’m just saying that there are different points of view. Nothing else:aok:

it's interesting to look at things from different perspectives...I think we have to go loyalty or ballot...one way or the other...

Actually, Spurs were a club I went to see when I lived in London for a number years... they asked for applications for away games...and once they assessed the demand - they would work out what number of points could be fulfilled from the demand , and the announce it, and everyone who applied above that number were successful...it always seemed to work fine.

The one new point which was raised in the recent fans rep podcast, was Leeann's view that as are only a few away games which have demand that exceeds supply, then there is little need for a loyalty scheme. That isn't something I had really considered before. And I can see some logic in that. We really are only debating the process for a handful of games a season. In the scheme of things , a ballot for those would likely be fair and fine..

givescotlandfreedom
10-01-2018, 06:08 PM

I ended up behind them at the league cup semi at Hampden and moved at half time because they were quite annoying. Some of them were more interested in each other and sticking ***** up their nose and drinking smuggled bevvie than the game.

Hibby70
10-01-2018, 06:18 PM
Can we at the very least get rid of this section selection or have a "give me X number I tickets anywhere" button.

Or even better still a seat map like we have for Easter Road/cinema/flights/concerts/just about every other thing that involves choosing a seat.

It's the hope that kills you.

Baldy Foghorn
10-01-2018, 06:22 PM

:faf::faf::faf:

Turn that around and those that never go, get one ahead of those that go every week, can you not see how those might feel aggrieved?

Iggy Pope
10-01-2018, 06:24 PM
I ended up behind them at the league cup semi at Hampden and moved at half time because they were quite annoying. Some of them were more interested in each other and sticking ***** up their nose and drinking smuggled bevvie than the game.

Surely we're not using all of this as a reason to have a dig at the singing section?

Were you anywhere near that display they produced for the ER Derby?

Good luck to them. It's the club that aren't handling this well, not the boys.

Broken Gnome
10-01-2018, 06:28 PM
Can we at the very least get rid of this section selection or have a "give me X number I tickets anywhere" button.

Or even better still a seat map like we have for Easter Road/cinema/flights/concerts/just about every other thing that involves choosing a seat.

Aye, total mess that adds to the notion that you need an incredible amount of luck to get the one ticket left in a section that might just have been chucked from someone's basket.

Have specific sections, and a best available button. Simple surely?

Kojock
10-01-2018, 06:33 PM
:faf::faf::faf:

Turn that around and those that never go, get one ahead of those that go every week, can you not see how those might feel aggrieved?

I started going with my dad in the 60s sadly he's no longer with us but I now attend with my son and as much as possible my grandson. That's 4 generations of watching some eye bleeding stuff under Bertie Auld, Alex Miler etc but now we have an improved team I am to step aside and give others a chance, you couldn't make it up

wookie70
10-01-2018, 06:35 PM

Agree with this. At the very least the club could get this sorted. I've been lucky with every ticket scramble and most of the time I have no idea what section, upper or lower I have bought as it is about getting a ticket. I'd press a "who cares where I sit button" if I was more likely to get a ticket

Brightside
10-01-2018, 06:44 PM
The advice not to log on before 12 as system gets upgrade at 12, turned out to be rubbish as I'm sure most were expecting!

I ended up getting in on two devices, both of which had been in "queue" since before 12.

Hibs have zero idea how the system actually works.

Brightside
10-01-2018, 06:46 PM
Has there been any confirmation that the singing section were given tickets?

Nakedmanoncrack
10-01-2018, 06:48 PM
Hibs have zero idea how the system actually works.

:agree:
Clearly.

Baldy Foghorn
10-01-2018, 06:49 PM
I started going with my dad in the 60s sadly he's no longer with us but I now attend with my son and as much as possible my grandson. That's 4 generations of watching some eye bleeding stuff under Bertie Auld, Alex Miler etc but now we have an improved team I am to step aside and give others a chance, you couldn't make it up

It's brutal mate.......

wookie70
10-01-2018, 06:49 PM
Hibs have zero idea how the system actually works. Tracey actually gave a couple of insights on Facebook and the pod cast. She said it was 12 servers I think and akin to the queues at a supermarket. If you were unlucky you join the long queue with everyone buying maximum amount of tickets. If lucky you waltz straight up to the checkout. Ridiculously unfair but I think the club knows how it works and either won't pay for better or simply doesn't see the unfairness and wasting of fans time as an issue.

Hermit Crab
10-01-2018, 06:50 PM
Has there been any confirmation that the singing section were given tickets?

Fans rep confirmed it to a poster on here.

Johnny Clash
10-01-2018, 06:54 PM
Never missed a game at Tiny in decades (despite traveling up from London). Can even remember when we often had spare seats in our end. Now I’ll have missed last two but I guess that’s what happens when there’s such an increased interest in watching Hibs. To be honest, I can’t see how the current system is a shambles other than it’s just very frustrating that many of us were not the lucky ones to get tickets.

Re the singing section -.i certainly don’t begrudge them a grouping of tickets so long as it’s their regulars who get them.

So all the best to the Hibees who got tickets. I’m sure knowing just how sought after these tickets are will heighten the atmosphere in the Hibs end and it’ll be rocking for the entire game.

Hermit Crab
10-01-2018, 06:56 PM
Never missed a game at Tiny in decades (despite traveling up from London). Can even remember when we often had spare seats in our end. Now I’ll have missed last two but I guess that’s what happens when there’s such an increased interest in watching Hibs. To be honest, I can’t see how the current system is a shambles other than it’s just very frustrating that many of us were not the lucky ones to get tickets.

Re the singing section -.i certainly don’t begrudge them a grouping of tickets so long as it’s their regulars who get them.

So all the best to the Hibees who got tickets. I’m sure knowing just how sought after these tickets are will heighten the atmosphere in the Hibs end and it’ll be rocking for the entire game.

What about the other "regulars" who are not in the singing section who didn't get tickets but Mr JC Lately did?

3pm
10-01-2018, 06:56 PM
Tracey actually gave a couple of insights on Facebook and the pod cast. She said it was 12 servers I think and akin to the queues at a supermarket. If you were unlucky you join the long queue with everyone buying maximum amount of tickets. If lucky you waltz straight up to the checkout. Ridiculously unfair but I think the club knows how it works and either won't pay for better or simply doesn't see the unfairness and wasting of fans time as an issue.

But You wouldn’t join the longest Q at the Supermarket! (Not aimed at you, mate).

iwasthere1972
10-01-2018, 06:57 PM
I didn't get a ticket this time around. This was mainly due to me being at work and not having the time to sit online waiting, with fingers crossed, that I would get the option of buying myself a ticket or two. My brother who is also a season ticket holder would have joined me. Saying that I'll be looking for a spare ticket if one becomes available. I have the cash and a valid singing certificate.

If it turns out that I have to go to the pub and watch the game then so be it. Couldn't really care who got a ticket so long as we beat the hoofers. Well done to anyone who got a ticket. :aok:

Brightside
10-01-2018, 06:58 PM
Tracey actually gave a couple of insights on Facebook and the pod cast. She said it was 12 servers I think and akin to the queues at a supermarket. If you were unlucky you join the long queue with everyone buying maximum amount of tickets. If lucky you waltz straight up to the checkout. Ridiculously unfair but I think the club knows how it works and either won't pay for better or simply doesn't see the unfairness and wasting of fans time as an issue.

She has been told nonsense. Ticketmaster have 1000s of load balanced blade servers... now Hibs may only pay for 12 and that may be the problem.

Brightside
10-01-2018, 06:59 PM
Fans rep confirmed it to a poster on here.

Well for me that is more of a disgrace than the ticket lottery we currently have.

wookie70
10-01-2018, 07:27 PM
But You wouldn’t join the longest Q at the Supermarket! (Not aimed at you, mate). That is what makes it so unfair. I realise if everyone goes in at noon them lots will miss out but it seems utterly ridiculous that you can log in 30 minutes after someone else or even yourself and get in first. That makes no sense and increases the anger fans will already feel from missing out.

I wish the club would just come out and tell us why they continue to use Ticketmaster despite how poor it is. I can completely understand if they have went for a budget option as it saves the club money and after all the board treat all season ticket holders as having an equal chance so who cares if the last in the queue gets a ticket. I wouldn't agree but at least it would make some sense.

I am very passionate about a loyalty scheme but have only been to about 4 away games this year so may have missed out. Leeann has dug her heels in which is her right but she should try to engage with fans to at least try and get us something better than we have.

wookie70
10-01-2018, 07:30 PM
Well for me that is more of a disgrace than the ticket lottery we currently have.
I have no issue with the singing section getting 30 tickets together if they are all AST holders. If they aren't I agree that it is a complete disgrace and requires an explanation. No issue with the singing section but they are just fans like the rest of us.

Borderhibbie76
10-01-2018, 07:32 PM
That is what makes it so unfair. I realise if everyone goes in at noon them lots will miss out but it seems utterly ridiculous that you can log in 30 minutes after someone else or even yourself and get in first. That makes no sense and increases the anger fans will already feel from missing out.

I wish the club would just come out and tell us why they continue to use Ticketmaster despite how poor it is. I can completely understand if they have went for a budget option as it saves the club money and after all the board treat all season ticket holders as having an equal chance so who cares if the last in the queue gets a ticket. I wouldn't agree but at least it would make some sense.

I am very passionate about a loyalty scheme but have only been to about 4 away games this year so may have missed out. Leeann has dug her heels in which is her right but she should try to engage with fans to at least try and get us something better than we have.This is what annoys me about the situation...LD just refuses to even discuss alternatives with the fans. No statement/comments about the continued problems with tixketmaster. I appreciate we are never going to please everyone for derbies when we only get circa 3k to go around 13k st holders but there must be a better system surely??

Ps I can't go on 21st due to work (which happens occasionally hence why I can't buy an away ST) so have no personal issues this time at missing out but our system for high profile/demand games needs fixing and the continuing silence from LD is doing us no favours.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

calumhibee1
10-01-2018, 07:34 PM
I have no issue with the singing section getting 30 tickets together if they are all AST holders. If they aren't I agree that it is a complete disgrace and requires an explanation. No issue with the singing section but they are just fans like the rest of us.

This is the only situation that I'd have no issue with them getting all 30 together. If they're not an AST then they should be put into the lottery like the rest of us. As someone else said, how do you go about joining the singing section and will it guarantee me tickets for all the big games?

Bristolhibby
10-01-2018, 07:38 PM

Intresting suggestion.

Let’s assume there’s 2 Ibrox, 2 Parkhead and 2 Tynecastle.

How about you get two of the six per season?

You can choose, but if you go first to Ibrox and then immediately to Tynecastle, you will then not be allowed to go to the remaining games.

Only exceptions if you buy an away season ticket.

Either way, I’m stuffed until we become crap again.

J

brianmc
10-01-2018, 07:48 PM
Still the best part of 1000 left in the home end if Brokeback's most recent dot counter is to be believed....

Personally I'll be watching on TV.

Don't really understand the stampede to get tickets for that *****hole.

It's tinkcastle, where we play 2-3 times a year - not, for instance, a one off visit to the Nou Camp for our one and only shot at glory in a Champions League semi FFS....

Mind you, I've had a season ticket at ER and been going to that piggery since the 80's, so maybe I don't see it the same way as those who've joined the Green army in the last 18 months eh?..

givescotlandfreedom
10-01-2018, 07:50 PM
Surely we're not using all of this as a reason to have a dig at the singing section?

Were you anywhere near that display they produced for the ER Derby?

Good luck to them. It's the club that aren't handling this well, not the boys.
It's more that it's galling to miss out on tickets for big games when at the same time these folk are allowed to breach the 'fair' system everyone else has to adhere to. I was at the Derby and really liked the display but I don't think that should give anyone preference for tickets.

Ronniekirk
10-01-2018, 08:06 PM
When do the 600 Restricted View Tickets go on Sale?[emoji102]

Skol
10-01-2018, 08:08 PM
I think we should have a system that ensures regular attenders (hone and away) get some sort of priority for oversubscribed games.

I say that as someone who other than Tynecastle or Semi/Final and odd others, I am not a frequent attender. However, I have only missed a handful of Tynecastle games, all of which were due to me being abroad, in over 30 years. And I have been at Tynie when we were far from selling out and you clouldnt pay people to go.

That still doesnt entitle me to an automatic ticket, but should put me ahead of the new ST who hasnt ever been away or to Tynecastle

Hiber-nation
10-01-2018, 08:10 PM
This is what annoys me about the situation...LD just refuses to even discuss alternatives with the fans. No statement/comments about the continued problems with tixketmaster. I appreciate we are never going to please everyone for derbies when we only get circa 3k to go around 13k st holders but there must be a better system surely??

Ps I can't go on 21st due to work (which happens occasionally hence why I can't buy an away ST) so have no personal issues this time at missing out but our system for high profile/demand games needs fixing and the continuing silence from LD is doing us no favours.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

This is the response I got from the Head of Sales & Sponsorship when I emailed the club after the last hearts ticket fiasco:

"Being on the site before the live sale does not give any advantage and Ticketmaster actually freeze the e-ticketing site 30 mins before sale, to prevent any individual trying to circumvent the system so to speak. This therefore means that at the point of the tickets actually going on sale, everyone logging on at that point has an equal chance as best as possible.

Overall there are 12 servers for Ticket Master and they are based all around the world. At the point of going on to the site, individuals are split evenly across all servers, so for example if 120 people log on at once, 10 are split on to each server. Once you are on a server, do you not move off. This therefore then has the effect of being in a supermarket queue, some move quicker than others. If the people in front of you are a little slower navigating the system or are buying a number of tickets, this takes longer than someone on buying one for example. This is how some people who might be sitting side by side and log on at the same time, might be served at slightly different times.

I understand your frustration about the lack of tickets and indeed everyone who never got a ticket is frustrated, but as a club, we feel we have explained why we moved away from loyalty points and have discussed this many times and full reasons behind it indeed very recently at Working Together meetings as well as the recent AGM. The away ticket scheme guarantees those who travel to all matches a ticket for the games where tickets are scarce and demand is high. Thereafter all season ticket holders have an equal ability to try and get a ticket for away matches. This we believe strikes a balance for those who go to all games and season ticket holders who would like to attend some away matches.

I appreciate this does not give you the answer you are after, but this is the club’s position currently and there are no plans to look at re-introducing loyalty points.

The club hasn’t refused to look at loyalty points, we constantly review and assess things, and especially when tickets are under extreme pressure, but the decision has not been changed and at this point loyalty points will not be reintroduced. "

Hermit Crab
10-01-2018, 08:16 PM
When do the 600 Restricted View Tickets go on Sale?[emoji102]

Sold out, singing section have them.

wookie70
10-01-2018, 08:17 PM
This is the response I got from the Head of Sales & Sponsorship when I emailed the club after the last hearts ticket fiasco:

"Being on the site before the live sale does not give any advantage and Ticketmaster actually freeze the e-ticketing site 30 mins before sale, to prevent any individual trying to circumvent the system so to speak. This therefore means that at the point of the tickets actually going on sale, everyone logging on at that point has an equal chance as best as possible.

Overall there are 12 servers for Ticket Master and they are based all around the world. At the point of going on to the site, individuals are split evenly across all servers, so for example if 120 people log on at once, 10 are split on to each server. Once you are on a server, do you not move off. This therefore then has the effect of being in a supermarket queue, some move quicker than others. If the people in front of you are a little slower navigating the system or are buying a number of tickets, this takes longer than someone on buying one for example. This is how some people who might be sitting side by side and log on at the same time, might be served at slightly different times.

That may be what Ticketmaster tells the club but that doesn't happen. "slightly slower" it is more get in or don't. I always use multiple log ins and I have had succesful attempts that were logged in 45 minutes after other log ins that never get to the front of the queue.

woodyhfc4892
10-01-2018, 08:20 PM

You not bored of talking absolute nonsense yet? Give yersel peace man

Chuck Rhoades
10-01-2018, 08:20 PM

Should your attacks not be aimed at the club for the lack of system that rewards loyalty fairly to all supporters (we had one, they took it away) as opposed to 10% of the Singing Section who attend every match?

gando
10-01-2018, 08:31 PM

Good one

Hiber-nation
10-01-2018, 08:32 PM
That may be what Ticketmaster tells the club but that doesn't happen. "slightly slower" it is more get in or don't. I always use multiple log ins and I have had succesful attempts that were logged in 45 minutes after other log ins that never get to the front of the queue.

It certainly doesn't happen and Hibs should be taking this up with Ticketmaster.

Brightside
10-01-2018, 08:49 PM

I understand your frustration about the lack of tickets and indeed everyone who never got a ticket is frustrated, but as a club, we feel we have explained why we moved away from loyalty points and have discussed this many times and full reasons behind it indeed very recently at Working Together meetings as well as the recent AGM. The away ticket scheme guarantees those who travel to all matches a ticket for the games where tickets are scarce and demand is high. Thereafter all season ticket holders have an equal ability to try and get a ticket for away matches. This we believe strikes a balance for those who go to all games and season ticket holders who would like to attend some away matches.

I appreciate this does not give you the answer you are after, but this is the club’s position currently and there are no plans to look at re-introducing loyalty points.

The club hasn’t refused to look at loyalty points, we constantly review and assess things, and especially when tickets are under extreme pressure, but the decision has not been changed and at this point loyalty points will not be reintroduced. "

The fact that Hibs actually think that ticketmaster only have 12 servers is madness. They could really do with outsourcing this to an IT company that know how to manage Ticketmaster or some other supplier properly.

tam4hibs
10-01-2018, 09:20 PM
Who was at the beam back last month at Easter Road?*
Was it any Good? What was the setup and would you recommend going?*

Keen to hear how it was so if Hibs decide to do it again I can try secure to tickets - assuming in can get one...

Biggie
10-01-2018, 09:42 PM
Who was at the beam back last month at Easter Road?*
Was it any Good? What was the setup and would you recommend going?*

Keen to hear how it was so if Hibs decide to do it again I can try secure to tickets - assuming in can get one...

I was there...thought it was good, although if you get there late, you will get seats with indifferent views of the TVs.

wookie70
10-01-2018, 09:44 PM
Just read Tracey's post on the Bounce

"Further to what has been said with regards to supporter groups, we had a discussion on Monday with regards to the Singing Section and a maximum of 30 tickets were made available to them."

Not 100% but that sounds to me that some fans seem to have a loyalty scheme outwith the AST Holder scheme. I have never written to the club for anything before but I think this has tipped me over the edge. I want to write whilst having a ticket as unfairness bothers me far more than missing out and I don't want it to be sour grapes. I almost feel like the club are going out their way to bait supporters on this. Some of the decisions have been ridiculous.

Does anyone fancy starting a old gits mumbling and complaining about the Loyalty Scheme section. I recommend we should sit in the West, support the team but mumble occasionally about the lack of the loyalty scheme. I doubt you will hear us in other parts of the stadium. We can start any group mumblings with a Town Crier style bell(recon that is at least as loud as a drum) and a series of Hear Ye Hear Ye Hear Ye Goes. After a season we can ask the club for our own section and get ticket priority to all the games. Don't worry if its your first season supporting Hibs all you need is a half season ticket or a season ticket to join in the fun.

In jest of course, I don't have a problem with the singing section. They seen decent enough Hibees to me but are no more worthy of a ticket for Tiny than any other season Ticket holder.

Kojock
10-01-2018, 10:08 PM
Just read Tracey's post on the Bounce

"Further to what has been said with regards to supporter groups, we had a discussion on Monday with regards to the Singing Section and a maximum of 30 tickets were made available to them."

Not 100% but that sounds to me that some fans seem to have a loyalty scheme outwith the AST Holder scheme. I have never written to the club for anything before but I think this has tipped me over the edge. I want to write whilst having a ticket as unfairness bothers me far more than missing out and I don't want it to be sour grapes. I almost feel like the club are going out their way to bait supporters on this. Some of the decisions have been ridiculous.

Does anyone fancy starting a old gits mumbling and complaining about the Loyalty Scheme section. I recommend we should sit in the West, support the team but mumble occasionally about the lack of the loyalty scheme. I doubt you will hear us in other parts of the stadium. We can start any group mumblings with a Town Crier style bell(recon that is at least as loud as a drum) and a series of Hear Ye Hear Ye Hear Ye Goes. After a season we can ask the club for our own section and get ticket priority to all the games. Don't worry if its your first season supporting Hibs all you need is a half season ticket or a season ticket to join in the fun.

In jest of course, I don't have a problem with the singing section. They seen decent enough Hibees to me but are no more worthy of a ticket for Tiny than any other season Ticket holder.

LD wants all season ticket holders to be equal then goes out her way to make some more equal than others. First supporters clubs now the singing section. She really has scored some spectacular own goals on the ticketing side of things.

hibbysam
10-01-2018, 10:22 PM
LD wants all season ticket holders to be equal then goes out her way to make some more equal than others. First supporters clubs now the singing section. She really has scored some spectacular own goals on the ticketing side of things.

I said the same to Tracey tonight. She has managed to create an ‘elite’ group which is the exact reason she decided to scrap the loyalty scheme. Fortunately after early February we will have around 3 months until our next big away game, therefore the time is now for Leeann to sit down and get a proper process in place. I don’t know if she just hand for to grips with it or I she’s just far too stubborn around it, but she needs to sort it now before she loses a huge chunk of our fans support over this issue.

Kojock
10-01-2018, 10:45 PM
I said the same to Tracey tonight. She has managed to create an ‘elite’ group which is the exact reason she decided to scrap the loyalty scheme. Fortunately after early February we will have around 3 months until our next big away game, therefore the time is now for Leeann to sit down and get a proper process in place. I don’t know if she just hand for to grips with it or I she’s just far too stubborn around it, but she needs to sort it now before she loses a huge chunk of our fans support over this issue.

Thing is she has created an even more elite group with the AST which is limited to 350 members. After all the problems fans have had getting away tickets IMO this total will easily be reached for next season which means nobody else can join until someone leaves.

Hermit Crab
10-01-2018, 10:47 PM
Thing is she has created an even more elite group with the AST which is limited to 350 members. After all the problems fans have had getting away tickets IMO this total will easily be reached for next season which means nobody else can join until someone leaves.

Theres only 289 AST members, Hibs decided to stop applications shortly before rangers away went on sale.

Danderhall Hibs
10-01-2018, 10:48 PM

They’ll have to do an online sale open to everyone for fairness. They can’t just allow those currently with them to renew - LD will be on top of it.

hibbysam
10-01-2018, 10:51 PM
They’ll have to do an online sale open to everyone for fairness. They can’t just allow those currently with them to renew - LD will be on top of it.

You think? 😂

Kojock
10-01-2018, 10:52 PM
Theres only 289 AST members, Hibs decided to stop applications shortly before rangers away went on sale.

I'm aware of that but the maximum was set at 350 so only 61 spaces available for next season.

Hermit Crab
10-01-2018, 10:53 PM
Should your attacks not be aimed at the club for the lack of system that rewards loyalty fairly to all supporters (we had one, they took it away) as opposed to 10% of the Singing Section who attend every match?

If you read through the whole thread you will see that I blame the club for this mess, despite being an AST member I’d much rather there was a LP system in place as I’m all for it. Let’s get this straight, I have no real issue with a singing section at games, I do take issue with the preferential treatment they seem to be getting re tickets.

10% of the singing you say attend every match? If that is the case why are they not AST members and should they be getting tickets kept aside for them when there are others who attend every match and are not AST members and they don’t get tickets held back.

You our can see why it puts people’s backs up.

Hermit Crab
10-01-2018, 10:55 PM
I'm aware of that but the maximum was set at 350 so only 61 spaces available for next season.

Thats is if they even do it, ideally they bring in a points system but I think know the answer to that.

Kojock
10-01-2018, 10:56 PM

Don't hold your breath waiting on that to happen.

Hermit Crab
10-01-2018, 10:56 PM
You not bored of talking absolute nonsense yet? Give yersel peace man

If you’re not happy with my posts then put me on your ignore list.....

Hermit Crab
10-01-2018, 10:59 PM
Good one

I was clearly joking. :rolleyes:

Hermit Crab
10-01-2018, 11:03 PM

Nah, that’s like saying you’ve sat in the same seat for 20 years but this season we are going to open it up so everyone can renew their season ticket at the same time and nodody is guaranteed their seat they currently have its fair game for everyone.

If they do not bring in an alternative to the AST then there will be a period of time where the current AST holders get a chance to renew before it open up to everyone else.

Danderhall Hibs
10-01-2018, 11:10 PM
Nah, that’s like saying you’ve sat in the same seat for 20 years but this season we are going to open it up so everyone can renew their season ticket at the same time and nodody is guaranteed their seat they currently have its fair game for everyone.

If they do not bring in an alternative to the AST then there will be a period of time where the current AST holders get a chance to renew before it open up to everyone else.

It’s not though - the ast is now a priority scheme and folk should all get an opportunity to get one. They can’t just hand them out to those that have “always” had it.

Bishop Hibee
10-01-2018, 11:14 PM
Looking at the stats we've won 7 of the last 62 games against Hearts at Tynie in all competitions since Hearts came back up in '83. It's a wonder anyone wants to go at all with this woeful record. Hope springs eternal :flag:

Hermit Crab
10-01-2018, 11:17 PM
Looking at the stats we've won 7 of the last 62 games against Hearts at Tynie in all competitions since Hearts came back up in '83. It's a wonder anyone wants to go at all with this woeful record. Hope springs eternal :flag:

When you put it like that I might not bother. Ticket for sale, £100 :greengrin. (Joke before anyone starts)

Hermit Crab
10-01-2018, 11:19 PM
It’s not though - the ast is now a priority scheme and folk should all get an opportunity to get one. They can’t just hand them out to those that have “always” had it.

How is it a priority scheme? We are committed to buy a ticket for every league and cup away match including the league cup group stages etc. Even if we can’t go. All that happens is our cash is debited 48hrs before yours.

B.H.F.C
10-01-2018, 11:20 PM

It's only right that people get the opportunity to continue with it, given the commitment they have made over the last two years.

You always get the opportunity retain your seat at Easter Road before it gets released. If (and I know this is extremely unlikely) we were ever at a point where season tickets sold out at ER it wouldn't just be opened up to everyone the following season. This should be no different.

SRHibs
10-01-2018, 11:32 PM
Clearly the singing section are better fans than the rest of us - including the huge swathes of the East who sing as much as them.

What a farce.

If there was a loyalty system at least there would be something quantifiable as opposed to Hibs just picking out random groups they feel are more deserving.

Danderhall Hibs
11-01-2018, 06:22 AM
It's only right that people get the opportunity to continue with it, given the commitment they have made over the last two years.

You always get the opportunity retain your seat at Easter Road before it gets released. If (and I know this is extremely unlikely) we were ever at a point where season tickets sold out at ER it wouldn't just be opened up to everyone the following season. This should be no different.

You can’t compare the home and away STs - they’re different things. Hibs don’t make money from the away ST if anything the extra admin is a cost.

lyonhibs
11-01-2018, 07:16 AM
What's the smallest away allocation we get now we're back up out of interest?

There must surely be scope for opening up the AST scheme again for next season? (if, in fact, it was ever "shut" as such)

B.H.F.C
11-01-2018, 07:18 AM
You can’t compare the home and away STs - they’re different things. Hibs don’t make money from the away ST if anything the extra admin is a cost.

Can't compare because it doesn't suit your argument you mean.

Keep reading about the extra admin costs etc. How much is it really? They process a few forms before the season starts and that's it. Payments the come out automatically throughout the season so it reduces admin if anything.

Danderhall Hibs
11-01-2018, 07:28 AM
Can't compare because it doesn't suit your argument you mean.

Keep reading about the extra admin costs etc. How much is it really? They process a few forms before the season starts and that's it. Payments the come out automatically throughout the season so it reduces admin if anything.

I was just repeating what someone said after they were asked why Cup tickets are included in the AST but not the home ST. Not trying to fit my argument just being consistent.

I won’t be registering for an AST so have no preference either way just trying to look at it objectively.

Ronniekirk
11-01-2018, 07:47 AM
Its a shocking record and one we need to change Didn't realise it was as poor as that Thats why the longer we keep extending our current nine in a row sequence The more it will get to them as they have had the upper hand in Derbies for too long

Hermit Crab
11-01-2018, 08:16 AM
What's the smallest away allocation we get now we're back up out of interest?

There must surely be scope for opening up the AST scheme again for next season? (if, in fact, it was ever "shut" as such)

Probably rangers, around 950 tickets, followed by celtic, roughly 1000 tickets.

Danderhall Hibs
11-01-2018, 08:23 AM
Probably rangers, around 950 tickets, followed by celtic, roughly 1000 tickets.

Could increase the membership to 900-1000 next season then?

Hermit Crab
11-01-2018, 08:26 AM

And leave no tickets for others who can attend most but not all games? An LP system would sort that though

flash
11-01-2018, 09:47 AM
I got a ticket and I haven't been to an away game this season. Been a season ticket holder for many years and used to go home and away without fail. Been on several European trips including both times to Athens.
My circumstances changed and away games became a bridge too far but I have done my time with Hibs and deserve to be there as much as anyone else.
The most loyal fans are covered already by away season tickets so the rest of us have to take our chances.
Seems fair enough to me.

Sioux
11-01-2018, 11:59 AM
I got a ticket and I haven't been to an away game this season. Been a season ticket holder for many years and used to go home and away without fail. Been on several European trips including both times to Athens.
My circumstances changed and away games became a bridge too far but I have done my time with Hibs and deserve to be there as much as anyone else.
The most loyal fans are covered already by away season tickets so the rest of us have to take our chances.
Seems fair enough to me.

That wouldn't be fair on the uber, uber, uber fans who didn't get a cup ticket. The streets of Edinburgh are littered with discarded toys. For the record I failed to get a ticket. Such is life. I will survive.

Edit!
One of the singing section can't go and has just offered me his ticket. Should I take it?:hmmm:

Danderhall Hibs
11-01-2018, 12:53 PM
And leave no tickets for others who can attend most but not all games? An LP system would sort that though

Yes - why not?

lyonhibs
11-01-2018, 01:53 PM

I wouldn't go that far but, unless I'm mistaken, down in the doldrums was it not Dumbarton or someone had an away allocation of only about 400 so AST were limited?

If the scheme was reopened on an "open ended" basis I'd be interested to see how many more we'd get. I don't know what our real lunatic hardcore (:greengrin), don't miss an away game all season away fans numbers would likely be but for sure they should be given the chance via the AST scheme to ensure they don't miss out on the most popular away games.

CallumLaidlaw
11-01-2018, 02:15 PM
I wouldn't go that far but, unless I'm mistaken, down in the doldrums was it not Dumbarton or someone had an away allocation of only about 400 so AST were limited?

If the scheme was reopened on an "open ended" basis I'd be interested to see how many more we'd get. I don't know what our real lunatic hardcore (:greengrin), don't miss an away game all season away fans numbers would likely be but for sure they should be given the chance via the AST scheme to ensure they don't miss out on the most popular away games.

I don't think there was a cap put on it last season and only around 320 joined. This season a cap of either 300 or 350 was set. We got 800 tickets for Dumbarton and very rarely sold that out. Maybe once or twice while we were down there.

Iggy Pope
11-01-2018, 02:31 PM
Cup ties, semis and finals in the period aside, I don't think we sold out too often anywhere in our three seasons down there. Play off ties sure, Dumbarton once that I can think off, but it was after a general sale, not the result of a frenzy on Day 1. Makes it all the more galling that some of those who backed the team formidably and at some godawful locations have had thier reward for that diligence taken away from them.

greenlex
11-01-2018, 04:16 PM
Still plenty left in the home end if you’re desperate enough.

silverhibee
11-01-2018, 05:19 PM
Still plenty left in the home end if you’re desperate enough.

Fancy going for it big chap, I'm in if you are. :thumbsup:

greenlex
11-01-2018, 05:55 PM
Fancy going for it big chap, I'm in if you are. :thumbsup:

Could you imagine? I cannae behave myself in the away end.