PDA

View Full Version : NHC Cummings has a new manager

CMurdoch
08-01-2018, 11:25 PM
Aitor Karanka, former Middlesboro manager has been appointed new Notts Forest manager.
What will he make of Jason?
Will we get him back for £250,000 at the end of the season?

jacomo
09-01-2018, 12:12 AM
Ultra defensive and cautious at Boro. Went up due to a long run of narrow wins and then didn't win enough games to save his job in the EPL.

Forest disliked Magic's patient, slow play so not sure how they will enjoy this.

Unless JC can transform into the lone front man I don't think it looks positive for him.

Baader
09-01-2018, 12:33 AM
Can't see him getting a start under ultra cautious Karanka.

--------
09-01-2018, 01:25 AM
I'm not particularly concerned about Cummings, but I really don't think this is a good move for Forest - a team for whom I have a lot of affection.

Sylar
09-01-2018, 08:53 AM
The BBC Gossip Column today is suggesting Rangers are hoping to take Cummings to Ibrox and are waiting to hear back from Karanka...

chrisski33
09-01-2018, 09:05 AM
Cummings wont be back at Hibs.

Northernhibee
09-01-2018, 09:18 AM
Much as I love him and the goals he scored, I don't think a move back to Hibs would be great for either party.

GreenNWhiteArmy
09-01-2018, 09:23 AM
I can see Jase at Ibrox by the summer at the latest.

Would be gutted but he's done the business for us vs his boyhood hero's and against the tribute act so wouldn't hold the same grudge I've held against others (Miller/Thomson/Caldwell/Killen amongst others)

I still hope another club in England take a punt on him. Someone like Wigan or Blackburn, a team playing with confidence to get him playing and amongst the goals.

I also think another year at Hibs would have done him the world of good, like SJM.

MyJo
09-01-2018, 09:45 AM
I can see Jase at Ibrox by the summer at the latest.

Would be gutted but he's done the business for us vs his boyhood hero's and against the tribute act so wouldn't hold the same grudge I've held against others (Miller/Thomson/Caldwell/Killen amongst others)

I still hope another club in England take a punt on him. Someone like Wigan or Blackburn, a team playing with confidence to get him playing and amongst the goals.

I also think another year at Hibs would have done him the world of good, like SJM.

Cummings moved too soon :agree:

He would have benefited from a season in the premiership with us playing against better opposition week in week out and continuing to develop rather than moving on at the first opportunity of better wages but playing very little.

Just look at how much players like Boyle, Bartley and McGeouch have kicked on this season since stepping up from the Championship.

Had he continued banging in the goals for us this season we could easily be talking about him having his pick of clubs to move to this summer and commanding a transfer fee similar to McGinn.

I appreciate the fact that he signed the new contract and didn't leave for nothing once he helped get us promoted and i hope it all works out for him but the fact he is being sent back up here on loan just 6 months after his big move doesn't bode well for his career.

WestStandWillie
09-01-2018, 12:23 PM
He'd be an idiot to come back up to the SPFL.

He'd get the reject label after bailing half a year into a contract and that's not something I envisage Jason wanting.

Karanka's tactics, whilst boring, actually do work (especially in the Championship) so I reckon JC will drop down into English league 1 on loan to build his stock.

jacomo
09-01-2018, 12:36 PM
He'd be an idiot to come back up to the SPFL.

He'd get the reject label after bailing half a year into a contract and that's not something I envisage Jason wanting.

Karanka's tactics, whilst boring, actually do work (especially in the Championship) so I reckon JC will drop down into English league 1 on loan to build his stock.

Pep is looking for cover in the striker dept.

When asked if he could replace Jesus, Jase is reported to have said "the question you should ask is whether Jesus can measure up to me."

WeeRussell
09-01-2018, 05:47 PM
Much as I love him and the goals he scored, I don't think a move back to Hibs would be great for either party.

Isn’t he exactly what we’ve been lacking in a number of games?

IlDiavola
09-01-2018, 05:52 PM
Isn’t he exactly what we’ve been lacking in a number of games?

I agree Russell :aok:

Was going to say 'he can't play alongside Stokes' but, would that be any great loss at present? Not for me.

MWHIBBIES
09-01-2018, 06:30 PM
I agree Russell :aok:

Was going to say 'he can't play alongside Stokes' but, would that be any great loss at present? Not for me.Stokes is not the one I'd be sacrificing out of those 2. Stokes was easily the best player on the park in the last game we won. Its getting him in form and working well with Shaw/MacLaren that will see us successful, not binning him for a guy who hasn't scored a top flight goal.

Stuart93
09-01-2018, 06:44 PM
Stokes is not the one I'd be sacrificing out of those 2. Stokes was easily the best player on the park in the last game we won. Its getting him in form and working well with Shaw/MacLaren that will see us successful, not binning him for a guy who hasn't scored a top flight goal.

How many chances is he wanting though? He's costing us too much wage to be having one good game in say 10? He should be performing week in week out

MWHIBBIES
09-01-2018, 06:46 PM
How many chances is he wanting though? He's costing us too much wage to be having one good game in say 10? He should be performing week in week out

He is doing far better than 1 good game in 10, dont be silly. We're a better side with him, no doubt about that.

Stuart93
09-01-2018, 07:41 PM
He is doing far better than 1 good game in 10, dont be silly. We're a better side with him, no doubt about that.

I've yet to see any evidence of us being a better side with him in it? Would be interesting to see how many points we've achieved without him compared to how many with.

MWHIBBIES
09-01-2018, 07:51 PM
I've yet to see any evidence of us being a better side with him in it? Would be interesting to see how many points we've achieved without him compared to how many with.

Watching us is the evidence you need. For weeks he was the only one who looked like scoring and him and Shaw have been good together.

That would be interesting if there wasn't about 200 variables involved in such a stat that would have nothing to do with Stokes.

MyJo
09-01-2018, 08:00 PM

When Stokes has started - won 4 drawn 7 lost 4
When Stokes was a sub - won 2 lost 1
When Stokes was out - Won 3 drawn 1

The game against Ross County just before christmas is the only league game Stokes has scored in that we have ended up winning.

His goals have earned us draws twice and he has scored in three games that we have lost.

WeeRussell
10-01-2018, 12:40 PM

Did you no manage to get a 'time for heroes' DVD then? :greengrin

stu in nottingham
10-01-2018, 03:43 PM
Ultra defensive and cautious at Boro. Went up due to a long run of narrow wins and then didn't win enough games to save his job in the EPL.

Forest disliked Magic's patient, slow play so not sure how they will enjoy this.

Unless JC can transform into the lone front man I don't think it looks positive for him.

On the odd occasions I've been at the City Ground this season they've played some outstanding and attractive football at times, albeit fatally flawed by poor defending. Criticisms I hear are that, nevertheless, they are predictable - and they are. Also that Forest don't have the quality of players to play that game.

I can't see any way that Jason would be used as a single striker either. Apart from being well down the pecking order they have an obvious candidate in Murphy who is a strong target man who scores goals. Maybe Karanka will provide fresh opportunity but Cummings seems slightly forgotten and a little lost at the moment.

I'm not particularly concerned about Cummings, but I really don't think this is a good move for Forest - a team for whom I have a lot of affection.

I take the general point here, Doddie. Forest have a tradition and liking for, somewhat like Hibs, of playing good passing football which travels way back beyond the Clough years. The new manager's results will need to be pretty damned good to avoid criticism and the crowd turning on him if he plays a negative style of football.

There is fairly recent history of this in Dougie Freedman who while doing a fairly steady and dependable job in poor circumstances was extremely negative in his tactics and team choices. It lost him his job.