PDA

View Full Version : NHC Jamie Walker to Wigan - confirmed

hibby6270
08-01-2018, 03:46 PM
Just read on FB. Link to Hertz website confirms also. Undisclosed fee.

jacomo
08-01-2018, 03:48 PM
I BELIEVE the fee is £20m. Or something like that.

Golden Bear
08-01-2018, 03:53 PM
Looks like shortbread man will be out of the Cup Tie then.

Tornadoes70
08-01-2018, 03:57 PM
A real blow for the yams as he's been easily their most skillful and dangerous player for some time now. If he'd cut out the dives and sneakiness that was part of his game play he could have become a real star player for them. Good news for us definitely.

HWGTIAR

Mon the Cabbage

:flag:

JeMeSouviens
08-01-2018, 03:59 PM
A real blow for the yams as he's been easily their most skillful and dangerous player for some time now. If he'd cut out the dives and sneakiness that was part of his game play he could have become a real star player for them. Good news for us definitely.

HWGTIAR

Mon the Cabbage

:flag:

If he'd cut out the dives he'd lose about 50% of his contribution. :rolleyes:

Mikey
08-01-2018, 04:03 PM
At least Hearts have finally got some sort of activity in the transfer market.

SirDavidsNapper
08-01-2018, 04:04 PM
Who's going to win all their penalties now?

Mr White
08-01-2018, 04:15 PM
Who's going to win all their penalties now?

Craig Thomson will still chip in with a few whenever he gets the chance.

Bostonhibby
08-01-2018, 04:21 PM
Potter will have the entire squad in for throwing themselves to the ground sessions in a frantic attempt to fill the Jamie Walker role before the derby.

Walker isn't anything special and am surprised he got a move to England even at league one level. If they got a reasonable fee it just really means the fit out of the ground moves along a bit quicker.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Aldo
08-01-2018, 04:33 PM
Potter will have the entire squad in for throwing themselves to the ground sessions in a frantic attempt to fill the Jamie Walker role before the derby.

Walker isn't anything special and am surprised he got a move to England even at league one level. If they got a reasonable fee it just really means the fit out of the ground moves along a bit quicker.

He’s not but poised their biggest threat IMHO! Undisclosed =£150,000 up front with the rest in app fees etc.

Replacement will be 6ft 6 and must be able to header!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MyJo
08-01-2018, 04:40 PM
At least they still have Malaury Martin to fill that position :faf:

JDHibs
08-01-2018, 04:47 PM
Jamie Walker is a very decent player, anyone who wouldnt have him at Hibs (Hearts connection aside) doesnt have a clue about football. Hes better than Boyle and Barker anyway, for a start he can cross a ball.

Before Cathro and Levein he consistantly scored and assisted, both of those managers use hoof ball tactics which take wingers out the game.

Hes still a dirty diving wee jambo ******* though.

mentalhibee
08-01-2018, 04:51 PM
Jamie Walker is a very decent player, anyone who wouldnt have him at Hibs (Hearts connection aside) doesnt have a clue about football. Hes better than Boyle and Barker anyway, for a start he can cross a ball.

Before Cathro and Levein he consistantly scored and assisted, both of those managers use hoof ball tactics which take wingers out the game.

He not better than Boyle, knees have gone and he’s diving cheat.

stoneyburn hibs
08-01-2018, 04:54 PM
He has been their biggest threat against us in recent times, delighted they're weakened for their next game.

MagicSwirlingShip
08-01-2018, 04:55 PM

Wholeheartedly disagree. Over-rated primadonna living off his form in the Championship several seasons ago. Would rather have both Barker & Boyle over him, inconsistent bottle merchant.

GreenCastle
08-01-2018, 05:01 PM

Better than Boyle or Man City owned Barker ?

No he’s not.

He was a tricky winger who ran at players at times and did get them a ridiculous amount of penalties a couple seasons ago.

His position / confidence/ injuries have changed but the funny thing is that he was starting to look better again and now he’s gone.

Also another Jambo whose dad is a die hard - like most dribblers - hot and cold and can’t see him doing much down south.

Bostonhibby
08-01-2018, 05:03 PM

Hes still a dirty diving wee jambo ******* though.I wouldn't have him at Hibs and I know quite a bit about football.

IlDiavola
08-01-2018, 05:04 PM

He was.

Three things changed that - Cathro, Potter and Rangers.

Diclonius
08-01-2018, 05:09 PM
Good. He was their best player.

1van Sprou7e
08-01-2018, 05:10 PM
Walker better than Boyle?

Lol

calumhibee1
08-01-2018, 05:12 PM

And you're claiming that other folk don't have a clue about football... :confused:

calumhibee1
08-01-2018, 05:13 PM
He has been their biggest threat against us in recent times, delighted they're weakened for their next game.

He's offered absolutely nothing against us. To be fair, none of them have, but I've never once in recent times felt threatened by Jamie Walker.

yonder1875
08-01-2018, 05:16 PM

So Boyle and Barker can't cross a ball? Wind it in.

Aim Here
08-01-2018, 05:18 PM
The EEN is confirming his fee at £300k

hibbyfraelibby
08-01-2018, 05:25 PM

No the EEN is reporting rumours from Keekback that they are getting £300k because that's what passes as investigative journalism at that rag these days. No fee is being disclosed on or off the record by Wigan or Hertz. To do so would be stupid because if other teams think Hertz actually had that sort of money to spend then the cost of any target signings just increased. Wigan wont admit how much they paid because if the admitted they paid that much for Walker other teams would see them coming and have a laugh and ask silly money for similar low quality damaged goods

IlDiavola
08-01-2018, 05:26 PM
Walker better than Boyle?

Lol

On his day, aye he probably is better.

Just hasn't been 'his day' for a good while now :wink:

calumhibee1
08-01-2018, 05:28 PM
On his day, aye he probably is better.

Just hasn't been 'his day' for a good while now :wink:

On his day Boyle is unplayable. Boyle at the top of his game is much better than Walker.

Albanian Hibs
08-01-2018, 05:30 PM

Absolute pish apart from the diving wee ******* bit

allezsauzee
08-01-2018, 06:11 PM

Completely different type of player to Boyle and Barker. There's a good footballer in there if he would spend less time diving and being a fud an more time concentrating on playing.

HibbyAndy
08-01-2018, 06:13 PM

Absolute drivel to say he is better than Boyle

Not a ****ing chance!

bigwheel
08-01-2018, 06:28 PM

Not a ****ing chance!

different players...but I would say that Walker is ahead of Boyle in overall skills and contribution levels....its a hard one to call, as Boyle has come on, and Walker has been poor of late...I find it hard to take anyone seriously who dismisses the notion out of hand though....

Gmack7
08-01-2018, 06:32 PM

Not a ****ing chance!

I don't think there's much between them to be honest. Susan boyles inconsistent aswell

Oscar T Grouch
08-01-2018, 06:47 PM
You'd have to assume whatever fee they got goes to the stand replacement. Jambos about to experience that feeling of all their money going on infrastructure and not their team, I can see a loan deal replacement or a journeyman from the English lower leagues. Karma's a b!tch :wink:

jacomo
08-01-2018, 06:50 PM

AllisBarry saying that, or a journalist?

Scouse Hibee
08-01-2018, 07:19 PM

Yep actually signed on Friday before heading to Anfield for Everton game.

Hermit Crab
08-01-2018, 08:30 PM

The EEN are confirming hee haw. It will be a token fee from Wigan, he was free to go in the summer and no development fee is due as he's 24.

erin go bragh
08-01-2018, 08:38 PM
The EEN are confirming hee haw. It will be a token fee from Wigan, he was free to go in the summer and no development fee is due as he's 24.
Considering they knocked back 800k from their big Orc cousins and he has done he haw since .
They have just lost 500k at the very least . 😂😂

Hermit Crab
08-01-2018, 08:40 PM
Considering they knocked back 800k from their big Orc cousins and he has done he haw since .

I can see why they knocked back The Rangers but I bet they wish they had taken the money now. I think his injury problems may have stopped a bigger move happening sooner.

calumhibee1
08-01-2018, 08:41 PM
different players...but I would say that Walker is ahead of Boyle in overall skills and contribution levels....its a hard one to call, as Boyle has come on, and Walker has been poor of late...I find it hard to take anyone seriously who dismisses the notion out of hand though....

He's maybe ahead of Boyle in actual skill - although I think people often don't realise just how good Boyles touch and close control is because everyone just concentrates on the fact he's absolutely rapid. However, contribution levels, I'm not having that for a minute. Most of the time Walker contributes next to nothing where as Boyle has been at least a 6/10 nearly every game this season, with the derby earlier in the season seeing him put in a performance that Jamie Walker has NEVER put in anywhere near. Boyle has also scored 5 goals this season to Walkers 2. And before anyone says it's because Walker had given up the ghost this season, two things - 1. Having that desire and hunger is part of what makes Boyle a better player and 2. Walker is already on his way down in his career IMO with injuries looking like they've caught up on him. He's mid twenties and been robbed of any pace that he had.

Hermit Crab
08-01-2018, 08:41 PM
AllisBarry saying that, or a journalist?

:tee hee:

3pm
08-01-2018, 08:47 PM
I can see why they knocked back The Rangers but I bet they wish they had taken the money now. I think his injury problems may have stopped a bigger move happening sooner.

No justification for losing the £500K.

Good on them.

hibbyfraelibby
08-01-2018, 08:53 PM
Some of the Orclings over on Keekback seem to think they'll have negociated a sell on clause with Wigan for their out off contract in the summer over 24 year old walking A&E dept. What ever they are on should be reclassified a controlled substance.

Saint Hibee
08-01-2018, 08:58 PM
In the last couple of derbies at Easter Road, Walker hid away like a little boy. If I could pick a Hearts player for Hibs, it would most certainly not be Walker.

Tyler Durden
08-01-2018, 09:09 PM
No justification for losing the £500K.

Good on them.

It's quite funny that their superstar golden generation youth team of Paterson, Walker, Holt, Nicholson etc has moved on for a combined take of about £700k. Cracking management

Greentinted
08-01-2018, 09:10 PM
Despite the username, I try to be measured even when discussing our neighbours (off-field antics apart) and while he’s the best player they had I never fancied him at all. Decent enough but rarely a stand-out.
Having said that, they’ll toil without him but that’s just indicative of their overall ordinariness.

Billy Whizz
08-01-2018, 09:22 PM

Would they have got the £800k though

Springbank
08-01-2018, 09:24 PM
Would they have got the £800k though

Over a 3 year périod at £20k a month

poolman
08-01-2018, 09:29 PM

Oh dear :confused:

Michael
08-01-2018, 09:30 PM
Why is this so funny? (https://twitter.com/LaticsOfficial/status/950381519784304641)

SirDavidsNapper
08-01-2018, 09:44 PM
Hearts best player and the only one i was remotely concerned about in derbys. They'll miss him.

SouthMoroccoStu
08-01-2018, 09:44 PM
Why is this so funny? (https://twitter.com/LaticsOfficial/status/950381519784304641)

Crackers, Superman?

Unusual team mate names

Onceinawhile
08-01-2018, 09:47 PM
I'm glad he's gone.

08-01-2018, 09:48 PM

Best paid kit man in Britain.

KeithTheHibby
08-01-2018, 10:48 PM
Why are people comparing Walker to Boyle / Barker??
They play completely different positions so why the comparisons? Walker on his day is a decent player and the jams are weaker for it for sure.

ajf
09-01-2018, 12:51 AM
Completely different type of player to Boyle and Barker. There's a good footballer in there if he would spend less time diving and being a fud an more time concentrating on playing.

This ! , he's more of a ten now and I think he could do very well in England if he is prepared to work hard to improve further , could win Scotland caps in my opinion.

MyJo
09-01-2018, 09:55 AM
Good player when he wants to be, probably the best player in the hearts team and they are definately weaker as a result of him moving.

One of the very few Hearts players who would get into the Hibs squad but even then he wouldn't be in the starting 11.

JDHibs
09-01-2018, 10:17 AM
People really should take off the green tinted specs at time...

So Walkers been gash this season apparenty, yet has 2 goals and 1 assists, Boyles been immense and has 4 goals and 3 assists, both played 19 league games? Barker has played 1 less game and has 4 assists and no goals?

Yet Walker plays in a team where hoofball is the main tactic? Where as we play with width and use wingers, so should play into Boyle/Barkers game? You trying to tell me Walker wouldnt have done any better in our team than they 2? Look at what Walker was doing last season under Neilson when they played like we play now, quick football using wingers.

Boyle has great pace, attitude, energy and close control, but if he cant beat a player with pace, hes lost. His final ball has improved but is still very hit or miss and his finishing is very poor at times. Hes improved massively over the years, still has alot to improve. Isnt getting linked with big money moves or am i missing it?

Barker can be brilliant, but he can also hide for most of a game. Hes too inconsistent. Made 1 run against Hamilton, set Murray up then done nothing for 60minutes. If he doesnt think he can beat his man, he doesnt bother trying and checks his run. Final ball can be very hit or miss and cant score a goal.

I like Boyle and Barker but they are what they are, both are decent but have big flaws. Overall Walker is a better player and has better stats across the board.

Sorry for being able to make an honest assessment of players without having tinted green specs on or dismissing him because he played for Hearts.

Bill Milne
09-01-2018, 10:30 AM
Hearts best player and the only one i was remotely concerned about in derbys. They'll miss him.

I would have to agree with this comment. By far their best player and one of a very limited number who would, figuratively speaking, die for the jersey. Good to see him taken out of the equation for the cup game!!

Bostonhibby
09-01-2018, 10:33 AM
People really should take off the green tinted specs at time...

So Walkers been gash this season apparenty, yet has 2 goals and 1 assists, Boyles been immense and has 4 goals and 3 assists, both played 19 league games? Barker has played 1 less game and has 4 assists and no goals?

Yet Walker plays in a team where hoofball is the main tactic? Where as we play with width and use wingers, so should play into Boyle/Barkers game? You trying to tell me Walker wouldnt have done any better in our team than they 2? Look at what Walker was doing last season under Neilson when they played like we play now, quick football using wingers.

Boyle has great pace, attitude, energy and close control, but if he cant beat a player with pace, hes lost. His final ball has improved but is still very hit or miss and his finishing is very poor at times. Hes improved massively over the years, still has alot to improve. Isnt getting linked with big money moves or am i missing it?

Barker can be brilliant, but he can also hide for most of a game. Hes too inconsistent. Made 1 run against Hamilton, set Murray up then done nothing for 60minutes. If he doesnt think he can beat his man, he doesnt bother trying and checks his run. Final ball can be very hit or miss and cant score a goal.

I like Boyle and Barker but they are what they are, both are decent but have big flaws. Overall Walker is a better player and has better stats across the board.

Sorry for being able to make an honest assessment of players without having tinted green specs on or dismissing him because he played for Hearts.

The issue for me, if a player is the best player / superstar in a team, especially in Walkers position and in light of the positive spin he gets is that I'd expect his contribution to be much better than this, Barker is a bit of an enigma for me but not that important, I expect he'll eventually do more.

Boyle is an improving player and I think overall better for Hibs than Walker is for Hearts, with Boyle there's maybe more to come for Hibs Walker was on his way down for Hearts. Probably due to injury and attitude, in my opinion he was a liability to them if refs did their job more effectively around his frequent dives and niggling fouls.

I won't make the judgement that my opinions definitive and the only one that matters here, as it's just an opinion and an honest assessment.

JDHibs
09-01-2018, 10:40 AM
The issue for me, if a player is the best player / superstar in a team, especially in Walkers position and in light of the positive spin he gets is that I'd expect his contribution to be much better than this, Barker is a bit of an enigma for me but not that important, I expect he'll eventually do more.

Boyle is an improving player and I think overall better for Hibs than Walker is for Hearts, with Boyle there's maybe more to come for Hibs Walker was on his way down for Hearts. Probably due to injury and attitude, in my opinion he was a liability to them if refs did their job more effectively around his frequent dives and niggling fouls.

I won't make the judgement that my opinions definitive and the only one that matters here, as it's just an opinion and an honest assessment.

Nobodys opinion is final mate, its an opinion and everyone can have their own. Least you havent just dismissed what i said as rubbish with nothing to back it up. Happy to debate these things.

Problem for Walker is Cathros teams were just shocking. But Levein completely leaves out the midfield, his form dived when Neilson left, Neilson played to Walkers strengths and got the rewards. Genuinely feel that if Walker was in our Hibs team he would be on fire with the chances he would get.

Never going to know i suppose, glad hes gone as hes their most dangerous player and hopefully they dont replace him.

Bostonhibby
09-01-2018, 10:45 AM
Nobodys opinion is final mate, its an opinion and everyone can have their own. Least you havent just dismissed what i said as rubbish with nothing to back it up. Happy to debate these things.

Problem for Walker is Cathros teams were just shocking. But Levein completely leaves out the midfield, his form dived when Neilson left, Neilson played to Walkers strengths and got the rewards. Genuinely feel that if Walker was in our Hibs team he would be on fire with the chances he would get.

Never going to know i suppose, glad hes gone as hes their most dangerous player and hopefully they dont replace him.

:aok: Just keeping the debate going. They'll replace him alright but it'll be with more urinals, hot running water and getting some reliable electricity hooked up. That assumes they got enough money for him to do it.

SirDavidsNapper
09-01-2018, 12:45 PM
So, so far in this window we've been strengthened and they've been weakened. Pleasing.

09-01-2018, 02:47 PM
Despite being a prolific driver and dirty wee ***** sometimes he's a decent player. Glad he's moved from hearts. In their team of hoofball merchants and cloggers he was one of the very very few who actually attempted to play some sort of football.