PDA

View Full Version : NHC James McFadden

Jamesie
08-01-2018, 10:29 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42597037 - not clear why he has left Queen of the South and the fact he was playing at that level suggests that age may have caught up with him - interesting that he's looking for a move abroad at 34 though! Suspect he'll be MLS bound or somewhere like that but I'd be keen to see if he can still do a job.

Big_Franck
08-01-2018, 11:10 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42597037 - not clear why he has left Queen of the South and the fact he was playing at that level suggests that age may have caught up with him - interesting that he's looking for a move abroad at 34 though! Suspect he'll be MLS bound or somewhere like that but I'd be keen to see if he can still do a job.

I loved McFadden when he was younger. He's probably my favourite ever Scotland player. Having seen him play for QOS a couple of times I was surprised just how bad he is now and I'd be shocked if he managed to get any serious offers from abroad. He's finished, unfortunately.

Pretty Boy
08-01-2018, 11:51 AM
McFadden was finished about 3 seasons ago. I'm confident we have our sights set far higher than the 2017 vintage James McFadden.

IGRIGI
08-01-2018, 12:17 PM
It's a shame we never saw that 2007 Scotland team at an international competition when Mcfadden and co where at the height of their game.

CMurdoch
08-01-2018, 12:22 PM
McFadden was finished about 3 seasons ago. I'm confident we have our sights set far higher than the 2017 vintage James McFadden.

I agree. His form seemed to drop out the sky when he turned 30.

Stuart93
08-01-2018, 12:31 PM
Loved him for Scotland. That goal against France will probably stay with me forever.

JDHibs
08-01-2018, 12:39 PM
Many injuries over the years have finished him, was a terrific player on his day 10 years back!

Be severely disappointed if he ended up at us!

basehibby
08-01-2018, 12:43 PM
Faddy is forever a legend for THAT goal against France. However - from the interview it's obvious he needs and wants regular games to prolong his career for another season or two. He didn't exactly set the heather on fire at Motherwell and I very much doubt he would get a regular game at Hibs at the moment so it's a case of no thanks Faddy and good luck from me :hibees

jacomo
08-01-2018, 01:20 PM
Completely forgot he was still playing.

Lenny has a bit of a thing for veteran players but let's hope he takes a pass here.

That said, I do love players who just do not know when to stop, especially those who have enjoyed the riches at elite level yet will happily get changed in a porto cabin if it means getting a game.

itslegaltender
08-01-2018, 04:04 PM
Remember McFadden getting a standing ovation from Hibs fans in the season we got relegated. Loved him for Scotland and hoped that we would see him in a Hibs jersey around that time. I think his legs have completely gone now though.

KSA Hibee
08-01-2018, 04:06 PM
Completely forgot he was still playing.

Lenny has a bit of a thing for veteran players but let's hope he takes a pass here.

That said, I do love players who just do not know when to stop, especially those who have enjoyed the riches at elite level yet will happily get changed in a porto cabin if it means getting a game.

“Anyone think Deeks can still do a job for us?” ...:wink:

Haymaker
09-01-2018, 04:22 PM
“Anyone think Deeks can still do a job for us?” ...:wink:

Yes :agree:

calumhibee1
09-01-2018, 04:27 PM

If he's been binned by QOTS then he'll be nowhere near good enough for the MLS I'd say. He could maybe get himself a USL (the level below MLS) team though.

IlDiavola
09-01-2018, 06:02 PM
Could do a job?

Michael
09-01-2018, 06:10 PM
Could do a job?

Get him on the Happy Hibee tickets. Can never find someone to buy one off!

IlDiavola
09-01-2018, 06:16 PM
Get him on the Happy Hibee tickets. Can never find someone to buy one off!

:greengrin:thumbsup::greengrin