PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: MACLAREN SIGNS FOR HIBERNIAN

RSS Bot
08-01-2018, 10:00 AM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/8299)

Mikey
08-01-2018, 10:01 AM
Good to see he's out in Portugal already.

Pretty Boy
08-01-2018, 10:03 AM
Never saw that one coming.

highland hibbee
08-01-2018, 10:03 AM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/8299)

Welcome to Hibs Jamie.
And well done the board. No hanging about at the tail end of the transfer window.
GGTTH

IGRIGI
08-01-2018, 10:04 AM
New striker and maximum Kickback seethe..pleasing.

SouthMoroccoStu
08-01-2018, 10:05 AM
Welcome Jamie

At least one advantage of the winter break, new signings get more time to get up to pace and learn about their new teammates

Souter96Mac
08-01-2018, 10:09 AM
Welcome to Hibs Jamie.
And well done the board. No hanging about at the tail end of the transfer window.
GGTTH

Agree, in the past we've brought in loan players right at the end of the window because they were the only garbage available at that time. This deal seems thought out and a bit of planning put into it. Good luck Jamie

Humo
08-01-2018, 10:12 AM
Already shown he's got a good head on his shoulders and great decision making choosing us over that lot

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Diclonius
08-01-2018, 10:14 AM
Sounds like what we need.

staunchhibby
08-01-2018, 10:17 AM
Welcome to the hibees jamie

GreenCastle
08-01-2018, 10:22 AM
Welcome !

Hoping he is what we need in the final 3rd and can add that X factor to convert our domination of teams.

I like that he’s wanting to go to the World Cup and needs to be playing and playing well to be noticed so hopefully not just coming here to make up the numbers.

A derby winning goal in his debut would be nice..

MyJo
08-01-2018, 10:26 AM
Lets hope he can be the penalty box striker/poacher that we have been crying out for.

Souter96Mac
08-01-2018, 10:37 AM
I make this our 8th player in the squad with international caps to their name.

Borderhibbie76
08-01-2018, 10:39 AM
Welcome Jamie

At least one advantage of the winter break, new signings get more time to get up to pace and learn about their new teammatesExactly 2 weeks to get up to speed before gunning down the Yams

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Tornadoes70
08-01-2018, 10:54 AM
:thumbsup:

Welcome Jamie. Looking forward to seeing you play.

GGTTH

Billy Whizz
08-01-2018, 10:54 AM
Welcome Jamie

lyonhibs
08-01-2018, 11:11 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DK1kiFvHgPk (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DK1kiFvHgPk)

Now, obviously this comes with the standard caveat that you most definitely can polish a turd on Youtube but he seems to be a striker that, how can I say this, actually get into the box on a regular basis.

Intrigued to see what he can do.

Big_Franck
08-01-2018, 11:17 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DK1kiFvHgPk (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DK1kiFvHgPk)

Now, obviously this comes with the standard caveat that you most definitely can polish a turd on Youtube but he seems to be a striker that, how can I say this, actually get into the box on a regular basis.

I've taken very little interest in our new signings' Youtube videos since Franck Dja Djedje. He looked unreal on youtube and turned out to be horrific. Having said that i'm still excited by this signing and hope Jamie can start his Hibs career with a goal in the derby in a couple weeks. :pray:

08-01-2018, 11:20 AM
Welcome to Hibs Jamie.

sauzee=legend
08-01-2018, 11:20 AM
Welcome to the leith san Siro

Hibby Gav
08-01-2018, 12:00 PM

Agreed...but at least it shows that he finishes with both feet.........welcome Jamie !

ggtth

SteveHFC
08-01-2018, 12:02 PM
Hearts fans are clearly seething about this. :faf:

Albanian Hibs
08-01-2018, 12:06 PM
Oh I can feel the seethe from here 😂😂😂

NAE NOOKIE
08-01-2018, 12:16 PM
Welcome to the Hibees Jamie ..... as Conrad Logan proved you can spend 5 minutes at this club and become a legend, you know where to start :greengrin

SouthMoroccoStu
08-01-2018, 12:19 PM

No they’re not!

He’s crap and they didn’t want him anyway!

There’s a massive thread on JKB to state that...

Lago
08-01-2018, 12:23 PM
Welcome to the Hibees Jamie ..... as Conrad Logan proved you can spend 5 minutes at this club and become a legend, you know where to start :greengrin

Whats Conrad up to now?

Kaff
08-01-2018, 12:28 PM
Whats Conrad up to now?

Seen him pulling off a few decent saves for Mansfield on the FA cup highlights show, still a big lad!

SirDavidsNapper
08-01-2018, 12:42 PM

They were raving about him a week or so ago. We were in trouble when he pulled on the maroon jersey. Now he's crap, not match fit etc. The fact of the matter is we've strengthened what what was already a better squad than theirs and signed their number one target. Pleasing.

kaimendhibs
08-01-2018, 12:43 PM
Welcome Jamie

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Jim44
08-01-2018, 12:47 PM
The two threads of seethe on KB have been closed. It took their admins long enough to realise that they were looking and sounding more stupid and irrational as ever. :lolyam:

KWJ
08-01-2018, 01:15 PM
Of our current crop of strikers he looks most like Shaw so I can't really see them working together and I hope this doesn't stunt Shaw's growth.

The A League is pretty pish and I'm a bit concerned that a 2nd tier German team who are fighting at the bottom of the league seem happy to loan him out.

That said the boy can clearly finish and sniff out goals. His pens were sensational and that finish v Victory was pretty special.

Welcome to the Cabbage Jamie, plenty time to outscore Lafferty.

basehibby
08-01-2018, 01:17 PM
Welcome !

Hoping he is what we need in the final 3rd and can add that X factor to convert our domination of teams.

I like that he’s wanting to go to the World Cup and needs to be playing and playing well to be noticed so hopefully not just coming here to make up the numbers.

A derby winning goal in his debut would be nice..

This (especially the last bit :thumbsup:)

An extra ingredient to help unlock stubborn defences is exactly what we need right now and McLaren looks like he fits the bill perfectly with the prospect of the World Cup the perfect motivation to work his socks off for Hibs.

The Yams also wanting him and the resultant rising tide of cringing-whinging-seethe emanating from the new improved pink bus shelter is an added bonus that has buoyed my mood tremendously going into 2018 - well done Lennon and the board and welcome Jamie!

:thumbsup::nlgwa:thumbsup:

HoboHarry
08-01-2018, 01:17 PM
Of our current crop of strikers he looks most like Shaw so I can't really see them working together and I hope this doesn't stunt Shaw's growth.

The A League is pretty pish and I'm a bit concerned that a 2nd tier German team who are fighting at the bottom of the league seem happy to loan him out.

That said the boy can clearly finish and sniff out goals. His pens were sensational and that finish v Victory was pretty special.

Welcome to the Cabbage Jamie, plenty time to outscore Lafferty.
Somewhere in Australia someone is saying the same thing about the League we play in.

KWJ
08-01-2018, 01:34 PM
Somewhere in Australia someone is saying the same thing about the League we play in.

That may be. Having watched a fair bit of it (not for 3-4 years to be fair) it's still got a long way to go. Very slow paced and for me it lacked competitiveness. That may have been due to the atmosphere at some games though as I was never at a Sydney Wanderers game but the crowds weren't reactionary and just created noise for the hell of it.

Anyway, 'mon MacLaren!

Hillsidehibby
08-01-2018, 01:52 PM
My mate in oz says he is a skilful player and knows where the goals are.
Do for me

Onion
08-01-2018, 02:08 PM
They were raving about him a week or so ago. We were in trouble when he pulled on the maroon jersey. Now he's crap, not match fit etc. The fact of the matter is we've strengthened what what was already a better squad than theirs and signed their number one target. Pleasing.

And all to do with us being a much, much better run club from top to bottom.

PeeJay
08-01-2018, 02:21 PM

Think Darmstadt fans would like to see him stay with them - he's been out of favour however since they changed managers from Frings to Schuster after going down a league ... they seem to think him having game time in Scotland with HIbs will improve him and they want him back next season ...

staunchhibby
08-01-2018, 02:29 PM
In need of a laugh any link to jambos forum lol

Keith_M
08-01-2018, 02:40 PM
.... I'm a bit concerned that a 2nd tier German team who are fighting at the bottom of the league seem happy to loan him out..

Any second tier German team are way ahead of most Scottish Clubs, Hibs included.

Iggy Pope
08-01-2018, 02:43 PM
Any second tier German team are way ahead of most Scottish Clubs, Hibs included.

This is true. Imagine we ended up with an out of favour striker from the English 2nd tier? How worrying this would be. Can't think of one mind.

weecounty hibby
08-01-2018, 02:46 PM

Is that really true? It seems that so far in this thread we have gone from the A league being pish to being ok and at least one team would be top 4 in Scotland. Also Bundelsiga II being pish to having teams in it that are better than most Scottish clubs. Can't say I've seen much of either but not everyone can be right. I'm looking toward to seeing MacLaren play though

hibsbollah
08-01-2018, 02:46 PM
I cant buy him in fifa18 despite offering £4million. This PROVES hes going to be a Hibs legend.

08-01-2018, 02:53 PM
In need of a laugh any link to jambos forum lol

Trying to convince themselves they're not bothered about him coming to us instead of them but you know they are when they start clutching onto their 5-1 comfort blanket.

RoxburghHibs
08-01-2018, 03:21 PM
Not one mention of choosing Hibs over Hearts from the player.

That's Hibs class :agree:

heretoday
08-01-2018, 03:23 PM
It was the mid-season break that swung it. Algarve or a week kicking starfish on Porty beach?
No contest.

Ozyhibby
08-01-2018, 03:40 PM
Two threads about him closed on kickback. Don’t think your even allowed to mention his name now. [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SirDavidsNapper
08-01-2018, 04:06 PM
Not one mention of choosing Hibs over Hearts from the player.

That's Hibs class :agree:

Thought that myself. Only players who know they've made a mistake come out with crap like that.

hibby6270
08-01-2018, 04:26 PM
Having watched both the YouTube goals montages, reminds very much of another Jamie.
Very “Vardy - esque” imho :agree:.

AZhibee
08-01-2018, 04:39 PM
I've taken very little interest in our new signings' Youtube videos since Franck Dja Djedje. He looked unreal on youtube and turned out to be horrific. Having said that i'm still excited by this signing and hope Jamie can start his Hibs career with a goal in the derby in a couple weeks. :pray:

Thought Dje Dje was brought in only for cover for Malonga who was to play in Africa.

The Spaceman
08-01-2018, 05:18 PM
Looks rapid, can dribble and not afraid to shoot...I like the look of this boy.

Billy Whizz
08-01-2018, 05:23 PM
Must be due a Hibs TV interview soon

hibbyfraelibby
08-01-2018, 05:31 PM
The two threads of seethe on KB have been closed. It took their admins long enough to realise that they were looking and sounding more stupid and irrational as ever. :lolyam:

The censors , sorry Admins, over on Keekback have form in shutting down embarassing seethe and trying to hide the evidence of their muppetry.

--------
08-01-2018, 05:40 PM
This is true. Imagine we ended up with an out of favour striker from the English 2nd tier? How worrying this would be. Can't think of one mind.

Jason Cummings? :devil:

The last Aussie we signed up turned out pretty well IIRC - Stu Lovell?

KB should mind their own business - Winger Walker's just Walked off to Wigan. (Sorry - alliteration. Weakness of mine.)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42604634

staunchhibby
08-01-2018, 05:52 PM
Was kriss killen not an aussie

Iggy Pope
08-01-2018, 05:55 PM

That's right, he wasn't.

GordonHFC
08-01-2018, 05:55 PM

NZ

ancient hibee
08-01-2018, 06:05 PM

:greengrin :top marks

jax67
08-01-2018, 06:05 PM
Well done Hibs, nice early business.
Welcome to the best team in Edinburgh Jamie!
GGTTH!!

Hi Heid Yin
08-01-2018, 06:35 PM
Welcome to our beloved club, Jamie.
Now go and do the business for us - starting with a goal or two against The Jambos, and get yourself in the Australian World Cup Squad.

:flag::flag:

Tug Wilson
08-01-2018, 06:36 PM
The censors , sorry Admins, over on Keekback have form in shutting down embarassing seethe and trying to hide the evidence of their muppetry.

If I was one of them, but thank my dad I am not, then I would be concerned that they need to sign players but all we are seeing is players either leaving or possibly leaving. I know that they will talk about clearing out before they can bring players in, but by the time the dross leave they will have little time to replace them before the window shuts let alone for their doomsday game against us.

In contrast, Hibs have brought in the required keeper cover and now an additional striker which was needed. And with only a week of the window gone.

They have a lot of faith in their Director of Football. And don't see why.

Seveno
08-01-2018, 07:03 PM
Having watched the 40 goals, the things that were apparent were:

He can score with both feet.
For most of the goals, he hit the ball first time.
A lot of the goals were in the 6 Yard box.
He is alive to rebounds.
He can hit them from outside the box.

He seems fast and strong.

greenlex
08-01-2018, 07:59 PM
Two threads about him closed on kickback. Don’t think your even allowed to mention his name now. [emoji23]

Lord Voldermort

SirDavidsNapper
08-01-2018, 08:01 PM
Hope he's not another Dagnall

bingo70
08-01-2018, 08:02 PM
Hope he's not another Dagnall

I’d be delighted if he’s another cup winner.

tamig
08-01-2018, 08:10 PM

He was never horrific. Made a decent contribution that season.

BoomtownHibees
08-01-2018, 08:26 PM

3 goals in 15 appearances

overdrive
08-01-2018, 08:29 PM

Largely played out wide rather than up front though. I was disappointed we didn’t keep him on.

oneone73
08-01-2018, 08:42 PM

Great game in the League Cup semi. Really unlucky that day. If he'd scored then, his story might have been very different.

Edit:I'm talking about Dagnall. Should have checked to see if the thread had moved on!

Greencore
08-01-2018, 08:50 PM
welcome Jamie. gonna sign you for hibs in fifa now. 73 rated too...

Aldo
08-01-2018, 08:59 PM
Jamie you know what to do to earn instant ‘hero’ status.

Put it in the Yams net then ‘Kiss the Badge’.

A bit cringeworthy but needs must and all that!

tamig
08-01-2018, 09:10 PM

Most from the bench. He could never be described as horrific though. I’ve seen plenty players who’d fit that description but a bit too far to tar dja djedje with that brush.

NadeAteMyLunch!
08-01-2018, 10:21 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180108/5520a51f0e1c800105ef0c260da47bec.jpg

Pesky admins over on Kickback locking all the threads where they were getting themselves in a tizz over the impending signing. Still possible to read all their comments though. Here’s a couple of good ones

#excitingtimes!

Mixu62
08-01-2018, 10:53 PM
Brisbane Roar fan at my work rates him very highly. Says they've lacked a goal-scorer since he left.

Vault Boy
08-01-2018, 10:57 PM
Very warm welcome to Hibernian, Jamie. (Well, a cold one for you when you're back in Edinburgh).

Excited to see him in action.

PS, FIFA have just dropped his rating to 71 in the latest squad update, booooo.

Nicho87
08-01-2018, 11:15 PM
Just watched YouTube video. He will score goals in our team I reckon. Lots of tap in and looks like he has a quick turn of pace.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
09-01-2018, 10:12 AM
Largely played out wide rather than up front though. I was disappointed we didn’t keep him on.

And most of those appearances would have been as a sub.

I seem to remenber hin scoting an important goal against Livi (?) In a midweek game that helped us to a narrow win. I header if i remember rightly?

Clerie Green
09-01-2018, 10:19 AM
........just hit the ***** thing !!! :aok:

SChibs
09-01-2018, 11:25 AM
And most of those appearances would have been as a sub.

I seem to remenber hin scoting an important goal against Livi (?) In a midweek game that helped us to a narrow win. I header if i remember rightly?

In the 92nd min after livi equalised in the 90th min I think. My girlfriend didn't speak to me for a week after I took her to that game it was absolutely freezing and she doesn't even like football

Unseen work
10-01-2018, 06:44 PM
Came across fantastic in his first interview on Hibs tv.

Looking forward to seeing him play

MyJo
10-01-2018, 07:25 PM

Great accent :hilarious

Lets get him doing an ozzy man reviews style commentary on hibs footage.

HoboHarry
10-01-2018, 07:33 PM
I thought his dad was a Jambo? I think Zlatan might be his dad.......:greengrin

10-01-2018, 10:38 PM

https://hibstv.hibernianfc.co.uk/tv/video/vod/4682

Can't wait to see him and Boyle getting in behind their new non-defending left back on the 21st