PDA

View Full Version : Darren McCormack

AugustaHibs
07-01-2018, 10:54 PM
Sorry if already been posted but seen he's been charged with attempted murder on his sisters partner.

Haymaker
07-01-2018, 10:55 PM
Bloody hell, wasn't expecting that

Sir David Gray
07-01-2018, 10:58 PM
Just read it on Facebook 5 minutes ago!

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/our-region/edinburgh/former-hibs-player-darren-mccormack-charged-with-attempted-murder-1-4655576

cocopops1875
07-01-2018, 11:07 PM
I missed that he had been done for Steroids too.

Not great and has previous for assault on Clum

Humo
07-01-2018, 11:08 PM
Hope for his sake he can defend better in court than he did on the pitch

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

HoboHarry
07-01-2018, 11:09 PM

Nae need for that type of garbage.

kevinc
07-01-2018, 11:16 PM

What a clown you are

Scottie
07-01-2018, 11:18 PM

Jesus Christ :no way:

Tornadoes70
07-01-2018, 11:18 PM
Nae need for that type of garbage.

:top marks

SRHibs
07-01-2018, 11:19 PM

Aye, he was murder tbf.

calumhibee1
07-01-2018, 11:21 PM
Are people really getting upset about that post?

CB_NO3
07-01-2018, 11:26 PM
Clearly a bit tongue and cheek for crying out loud. Can't believe folk are getting upset about that.

CMurdoch
07-01-2018, 11:26 PM

Was told by Hibs to get anger management counselling after that assault.

Either it didn't work, he didn't go or it has worn off.

The Baldmans Comb
07-01-2018, 11:47 PM

Ignore the sappy wee snowflakes your comment was perfectly acceptable.:flag:

Scouse Hibee
07-01-2018, 11:49 PM

😁👍

Jones28
08-01-2018, 12:06 AM
I remember him being a decent prospect - sounds like an absolute bellend and glad we got shot of him!

California-Hibs
08-01-2018, 12:48 AM
Went to high school with him back in the day. Lived directly opposite him too. Loose cannon, absolute nutter and hung out with the worse kind. Had a lot of ability on a football pitch (played striker for all our school teams) but was always in trouble for one thing or another and had a major lack of disrespect for basically anyone who didn’t agree with him.

Daft boy.

guthrie01
08-01-2018, 01:06 AM

:tee hee:

Deansy
08-01-2018, 01:54 AM
I think it's a shame that a guy who obviously has/had the abilty to make it as a professional football-player instead seems to have lost his way in life - there go I etc, etc !.

Steve-O
08-01-2018, 02:05 AM
Always a nutjob. Didn’t he get sent off v Celtic for a headbutt or something while with us?

Boyle89
08-01-2018, 03:35 AM
Always a nutjob. Didn’t he get sent off v Celtic for a headbutt or something while with us?

Was a derby. Think mikolunas stuck his head froward and darren did the same. Both sent off for it. Was he not done for drink driving as well?

Albanian Hibs
08-01-2018, 07:48 AM
What a clown you are

Why is that? Nothing wrong with the comment?

greenlex
08-01-2018, 08:08 AM
Why is that? Nothing wrong with the comment?
Well there is actually. I doubt he will be defending himself. He will have a representative I’d imagine.

Thecat23
08-01-2018, 08:18 AM
Boys an absolute idiot. He was a loose cannon at Hibs and basically unhinged. No surprise to read stuff like this about him.

Scouse Hibee
08-01-2018, 08:20 AM
Boys an absolute idiot. He was a loose cannon at Hibs and basically unhinged. No surprise to read stuff like this about him.

Agreed, proved time and again he's a bad yin.

Pretty Boy
08-01-2018, 08:56 AM
Knew him years ago and if I had been asked then to pick someone I knew who would end up in big bother he'd have been near the top of the list. As others have said a total loose cannon.

Whilst it's still a bit shocking to read he's been charged with attempted murder I can't say I'm surprised.

Dashing Bob S
08-01-2018, 08:56 AM
C'mon chaps. Innocent until proven guilty. Best to leave the character references till after then case.

GoalsMcGinley
08-01-2018, 09:06 AM
As always don’t believe everything u read in the papers. Much more to this than meet the eye and I can guarantee most u would would have done the same in his shoes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FastEddieFelson
08-01-2018, 09:09 AM
Was a derby. Think mikolunas stuck his head froward and darren did the same. Both sent off for it. Was he not done for drink driving as well?

palazuelos. last derby of the old east stand.

https://www.flashscores.co.uk/match/UBEBUl4A/#match-summary

Dashing Bob S
08-01-2018, 09:32 AM
As always don’t believe everything u read in the papers. Much more to this than meet the eye and I can guarantee most u would would have done the same in his shoes.

Yes. Nobody can condone excessive violence leading to the taking of somebodies life, but loose canon or not, you have to ask what would make a man violently attack his sister's boyfriend to this extent? The conclusion is unlikely to be a comforting one to those who would simply demonize McCormack.

GoalsMcGinley
08-01-2018, 09:42 AM
Yes. Nobody can condone excessive violence leading to the taking of somebodies life, but loose canon or not, you have to ask what would make a man violently attack his sister's boyfriend to this extent? The conclusion is unlikely to be a comforting one to those who would simply demonize McCormack.

Well said [emoji1319]

Platinum Scotty
08-01-2018, 09:54 AM

very well put Bob

Betty Boop
08-01-2018, 10:00 AM

100% wait till the trial and lets see if the character assassinators feel the same way.

Fanforlife
08-01-2018, 12:17 PM
100% wait till the trial and lets see if the character assassinators feel the same way.

👍

HIBERNIAN-0762
08-01-2018, 12:24 PM

Poor

Sir David Gray
08-01-2018, 12:25 PM
I think it's a shame that a guy who obviously has/had the abilty to make it as a professional football-player instead seems to have lost his way in life - there go I etc, etc !.

I would say it's more of a shame for the guy he's allegedly attempted to murder and he will now have to live with the mental and physical scars of that for the rest of his life.

Lago
08-01-2018, 12:25 PM
What a clown you are

It is quite funny

CMurdoch
08-01-2018, 12:38 PM
Knew him years ago and if I had been asked then to pick someone I knew who would end up in big bother he'd have been near the top of the list. As others have said a total loose cannon.

Whilst it's still a bit shocking to read he's been charged with attempted murder I can't say I'm surprised.

Between you and California-Hibs (the only folk who have known him in the real world) he sounds like the sort of guy we don't want as a supporter never mind a player representing the club.

Pretty Boy
08-01-2018, 12:55 PM
Between you and California-Hibs (the only folk who have known him in the real world) he sounds like the sort of guy we don't want as a supporter never mind a player representing the club.

I'm not passing any comment on what he is like now. I'm sure I wouldn't like how people would have described me 7-10 years ago (I might not like how they would desrcibe me now tbh!).

I'm just not massively shocked he has been in bother a few times in the last few years. It could have just as easily been me had I not sorted myself out

basehibby
08-01-2018, 01:03 PM

Going by other posts he has previous as a radgeworks - and his use of Anabolic Steroids will not have done anything to ameliorate this tendency. A known side effect of AS is increased irritability and aggression - another celebrated user was a certain Oscar Pistorius!

Innocent until proven guilty as pointed out by Dashing Bob - but either way this looks like another big warning against the dangers of Anabolic Steroids for anyone wanting to take the easy route to bulking up their muscles (plus they make your willy shrink as well!)

CMurdoch
08-01-2018, 01:07 PM
I'm not passing any comment on what he is like now. I'm sure I wouldn't like how people would have described me 7-10 years ago (I might not like how they would desrcibe me now tbh!).

I'm just not massively shocked he has been in bother a few times in the last few years. It could have just as easily been me had I not sorted myself out

I know what you mean. When you think of some of the things you did in your late teens and early 20's it can bring you out in a cold sweat.

blackpoolhibs
08-01-2018, 02:21 PM
Going by other posts he has previous as a radgeworks - and his use of Anabolic Steroids will not have done anything to ameliorate this tendency. A known side effect of AS is increased irritability and aggression - another celebrated user was a certain Oscar Pistorius!

Innocent until proven guilty as pointed out by Dashing Bob - but either way this looks like another big warning against the dangers of Anabolic Steroids for anyone wanting to take the easy route to bulking up their muscles (plus they make your willy shrink as well!)

FFS someone must be giving them to me without me knowing?

JDHibs
08-01-2018, 02:36 PM

Sorry but dont believe everything you read in the papers or hear say regarding anabolic steroids.

Iggy Pope
08-01-2018, 02:39 PM
Sorry but dont believe everything you read in the papers or hear say regarding anabolic steroids.

Ive got to ask. Is it the shrinking Willy thing?

Reaper
08-01-2018, 02:51 PM
I'm not going to make comment about the incident as I don't know those involved.

What rips my nit is the sensationalist journalism dragging Hibs name into it when in actual fact that's got nothing to do with anyone or anything as part of the incident itself.

There's at least a dozen incidents in the Lothians like this every month but very few make the papers. They only get away with it because Darren playing for Hibs is a factual statement but it's annoying none-the-less.

SirDavidsNapper
08-01-2018, 05:30 PM
What a clown you are

Come on. It was banter.

hibbydog
08-01-2018, 05:43 PM
Went to high school with him back in the day. Lived directly opposite him too. Loose cannon, absolute nutter and hung out with the worse kind. Had a lot of ability on a football pitch (played striker for all our school teams) but was always in trouble for one thing or another and had a major lack of disrespect for basically anyone who didn’t agree with him.

Daft boy.

Lack of disrespect ?!

That the same as those who shout at referees for lack of inconsistency?

Yours,

A pedantic pain in the erse....

Lago
08-01-2018, 05:46 PM
Come on. It was banter.

Exactly

--------
08-01-2018, 05:57 PM

Indeed. My thought exactly. :agree:

Skol
08-01-2018, 06:08 PM

I find it hard to imagine any situation where I (or most people) would end up with an attempted murder charge.

-Jonesy-
08-01-2018, 06:20 PM

http://1.media.collegehumor.cvcdn.com/c/2/collegehumor.3745029c1d8879c7137a7b527e3c72d7.jpg
Said this guy

Hibby soldier
08-01-2018, 06:56 PM

Bull**** comment....

Coco Bryce
08-01-2018, 10:53 PM

This.

California-Hibs
08-01-2018, 11:00 PM
Lack of disrespect ?!

Yours,

There’s always one 😂 Well played sir. ‘Lack of respect’* 👍

monktonharp
09-01-2018, 01:28 AM
Yes. Nobody can condone excessive violence leading to the taking of somebodies life, but loose canon or not, you have to ask what would make a man violently attack his sister's boyfriend to this extent? The conclusion is unlikely to be a comforting one to those who would simply demonize McCormack.there's a difference between a loose canon and a loose cannon. :wink:

monktonharp
09-01-2018, 01:31 AM

Innocent until proven guilty as pointed out by Dashing Bob - but either way this looks like another big warning against the dangers of Anabolic Steroids for anyone wanting to take the easy route to bulking up their muscles (plus they make your willy shrink as well!)ok Doc

Killiehibbie
09-01-2018, 09:02 AM
I find it hard to imagine any situation where I (or most people) would end up with an attempted murder charge.My sister was married to an abusive bully. When I found out the extent of his behaviour I could quite easily have found myself in a similar, or worse, situation.

SaulGoodman
09-01-2018, 09:14 AM
It's not like he was some level headed guy that lost the head for a moment.

He's had previous, he's been done with assault before,

09-01-2018, 02:57 PM
My sister was married to an abusive bully. When I found out the extent of his behaviour I could quite easily have found myself in a similar, or worse, situation.

Yea, it's hard to say what you would do when faced with such intense emotion and someone has badly hurt someone you love a lot. If someone abused one of my family I would be absolutely hell bent on putting them 6ft under but folk just can't go around taking the law into their own hands. If folk just went around beating the **** out of others because they've done them wrong then it would be anarchy.

Don't know what the circumstances were leading up to this, i'm sure this wasn't just some random, unprovoked attack for no reason but nevertheless you can't condone violence, let alone violence so severe that it is actually being classed as a murder attempt.

I don't know Darren personally but the boy does seem to be a bit of a head case. However, nothing of this case has been proven yet so i'll reserve my judgements on it. It's a pretty serious charge to be up for so just because he appears to be a bit of a dickhead, theres a pretty big leap between that and an attempted murderer.

IlDiavola
09-01-2018, 06:09 PM
Clearly a bit tongue and cheek for crying out loud. Can't believe folk are getting upset about that.

No, ACTING ​upset.

Speedy
09-01-2018, 11:38 PM
Lack of disrespect ?!

Yours,

I expect all referees in Scotland to be of the same standard so if one is showing a lack of inconsistency then of course he/she will be singled out.

bubblesmorrison
10-01-2018, 02:22 AM
No, ACTING ​upset.

Wow .netters jumping the gun again surprise surprise. Do you know what happened in the lead up to this? I am sure people on here would do anything to defend a member of their family.

calumhibee1
10-01-2018, 10:53 AM
Wow .netters jumping the gun again surprise surprise. Do you know what happened in the lead up to this? I am sure people on here would do anything to defend a member of their family.

Regardless of what happened at the actual incident, people who are making out like they're upset at the post joking that his court defence will need to be better than his footballing defence is incredible. A lighthearted joke causing offence to nobody and the guys had numerous replies from folk calling him out for it. I actually can't even get my head round what they're calling him out for.

Mango Man
10-01-2018, 11:00 AM
Regardless of what happened at the actual incident, people who are making out like they're upset at the post joking that his court defence will need to be better than his footballing defence is incredible. A lighthearted joke causing offence to nobody and the guys had numerous replies from folk calling him out for it. I actually can't even get my head round what they're calling him out for.

It's the age we live in now, people actively look to be offended at certain things nowadays.

Unseen work
10-01-2018, 11:01 AM
It's not like he was some level headed guy that lost the head for a moment.

He's had previous, he's been done with assault before,

What exactly is a level headed guy who lost the plot for a moment?

Is that how Darren would have been described prior to his assault on Callum Elliot.

Been done with assault before....so that now means he is some lunatic who try’s to murder folk?

A lot of people, even some from the most privileged of backgrounds have lost there head/ got into a drunken fight and been charged with assault.

Until we know the full details of what has happened we can’t properly form an opinion solely base on him lamping Callum Elliot.

calumhibee1
10-01-2018, 11:06 AM
What exactly is a level headed guy who lost the plot for a moment?

Is that how Darren would have been described prior to his assault on Callum Elliot.

Been done with assault before....so that now means he is some lunatic who try’s to murder folk?

A lot of people, even some from the most privileged of backgrounds have lost there head/ got into a drunken fight and been charged with assault.

Until we know the full details of what has happened we can’t properly form an opinion solely base on him lamping Callum Elliot.

And nutting Palazuelos (sp?). And driving with no insurance or licence. And from various character references he's a bit of a loony. People aren't basing this solely on him lamping Callum Elliot, by all accounts and all the evidence available the guy is a bit of a nutjob.

WeeRussell
10-01-2018, 12:33 PM
And nutting Palazuelos (sp?). And driving with no insurance or licence. And from various character references he's a bit of a loony. People aren't basing this solely on him lamping Callum Elliot, by all accounts and all the evidence available the guy is a bit of a nutjob.

Indeed. Still doesn't make him guilty of attempted murder though.

tamig
10-01-2018, 02:30 PM

It’ll be the steroids.

Killiehibbie
10-01-2018, 04:42 PM
And nutting Palazuelos (sp?). And driving with no insurance or licence. And from various character references he's a bit of a loony. People aren't basing this solely on him lamping Callum Elliot, by all accounts and all the evidence available the guy is a bit of a nutjob.None of which is allowed to be brought up in court prior to conviction. Everybody entitled to a fair trial.

CMurdoch
10-01-2018, 05:10 PM
Indeed. Still doesn't make him guilty of attempted murder though.

No one is saying that he is guilty of attempted murder.
What they are saying is that he has always been an arse and they are not surprised he is in the deep brown stuff.
We all look at the form before we put a bet on.

calumhibee1
10-01-2018, 07:09 PM
No one is saying that he is guilty of attempted murder.
What they are saying is that he has always been an arse and they are not surprised he is in the deep brown stuff.
We all look at the form before we put a bet on.

Exactly. Is he guilty of attempted murder? I've no idea. Would his criminal record suggest he's an idiot. Yes, it would.

WeeRussell
11-01-2018, 01:51 PM
Exactly. Is he guilty of attempted murder? I've no idea. Would his criminal record suggest he's an idiot. Yes, it would.

He's not being trialled for being an idiot though. I don't think anyone on this thread has suggested the boy isn't a bit of a bam.

IlDiavola
11-01-2018, 05:20 PM

You've misinterpreted my post.

It's the age we live in now, people actively look to be offended at certain things nowadays.

You've interpreted my post precisely.

Nameless
11-01-2018, 09:39 PM
I'd imagine he's been charged with attempted murder so it can be pleaded down to assault to severe injury. If he's given someone a hiding, he deserves to go to prison - For the level of violence it takes for the PF to accept an attempted murder charge (notwithstanding that it is probably an inflated charge) there can be no excuses.

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

bubblesmorrison
15-01-2018, 04:46 AM
You've misinterpreted my post.

You've interpreted my post precisely.

Hey sorry my response was not ment to quote your post it was a reply to the general population of this group.

pacoluna
22-01-2018, 09:42 AM

He paid for the anger management him self after he had his 5 year deal ripped up and offered a new 2 year deal on reduced terms. Yogi gave him a second chance its a petty it didn't work out for him as he looked a good prospect.

pacoluna
06-05-2018, 05:39 PM
The victim unfortunately passed away.

Stokesy's on fire
06-05-2018, 06:45 PM

So does this mean that Mccormack is now facing a murder charge?

pacoluna
06-05-2018, 06:52 PM

Not sure would imagine so.

cleanyman
06-05-2018, 06:53 PM

Probably manslaughter

Where's the resident lawyer?

Stokesy's on fire
06-05-2018, 06:55 PM
Not sure would imagine so.

Horrible news that someone has passed away. I didnt realise how serious this incident was.

pacoluna
06-05-2018, 07:00 PM
Probably manslaughter

Where's the resident lawyer?
Cant see how it could be manslaughter considering he was charged for attempted murder.

Scottiedog007
06-05-2018, 09:59 PM
If charged now with murder will more than likely be pleaded down to culpable homicide due to not being premeditated

greenlex
06-05-2018, 10:13 PM
If charged now with murder will more than likely be pleaded down to culpable homicide due to not being premeditated
From what I recall of the case I don’t think it could be more pre meditated if it tried.

Future17
06-05-2018, 10:25 PM

What makes you think it wasn't premeditated?

Betty Boop
07-05-2018, 07:20 AM

No he never

Stokesy's on fire
07-05-2018, 08:17 AM
No he never

I hope your right!

GoalsMcGinley
07-05-2018, 09:11 AM
“Victim” has passed away but it has nothing to do with the original offence in question. It was totally unrelated to this particular incident. Which, if I am correctly informed, will result in all charges being dropped against Darren. Feel free to correct me on that if I’m wrong though.

McD
07-05-2018, 09:49 AM
“Victim” has passed away but it has nothing to do with the original offence in question. It was totally unrelated to this particular incident. Which, if I am correctly informed, will result in all charges being dropped against Darren. Feel free to correct me on that if I’m wrong though.

No idea about the victim, but surely whether the victim has sadly passed away in separate circumstances doesn’t change the evidence against DM or that he has been charged?

genuine question btw

J-C
07-05-2018, 09:52 AM
No idea about the victim, but surely whether the victim has sadly passed away in separate circumstances doesn’t change the evidence against DM or that he has been charged?

genuine question btw

Wold the deceased victim not be the main witness against Darren?

CropleyWasGod
07-05-2018, 09:52 AM

genuine question btw

Perhaps the alleged victim was the prime source of evidence, and now won't be able to give that evidence in Court.

Scouse Hibee
07-05-2018, 10:12 AM
Surely there will be statements and other evidence rather than just the victim as in murder cases.

pacoluna
07-05-2018, 10:22 AM
No he never

Because I'm going to lie about such a thing! Pm will decide wether it was related or not as he was out of hospital.