PDA

View Full Version : Potential Cup Replay Date?

HIBERNIAN 1875
06-01-2018, 10:52 PM
Does anyone know what the likely date for a cup replay would be if we dont turn them over on the 21st? :confused::flag:

Ronniekirk
06-01-2018, 11:09 PM
Does anyone know what the likely date for a cup replay would be if we dont turn them over on the 21st? :confused::flag:

Wont be needed They are due to concede a goal ,We are due a win against them at Tyncastle and we are due a decision to go our way and not have s good goal not given

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Viva_Palmeiras
07-01-2018, 12:46 AM
Beware the ability of the “dead cat bounce”

Clogging, official ineptitude and sheer spawny-Jamboness with cards and pens may be a factor. Seen the film too many times.
We need to make our domination count and for our guys to have their shooting boots on.

Tornadoes70
07-01-2018, 12:54 AM

Clogging, official ineptitude and sheer spawny-Jamboness with cards and pens may be a factor. Seen the film too many times.
We need to make our domination count and for our guys to have their shooting boots on.

Fair points.

However one huge positive in our favour is that the onus is on the yams to come at us to win the match. A draw would be okay for us. If the shoe was on the other foot it would be very difficult for us to break down their usual anti football at least 10 men behind the ball type football hoofball. We're in the driving seat here and if we play the game correctly we should at least take these cowboys back to ER again and have them hear another tremendous rip roaring rendition of Sunshine on Leith at the end of ninety minutes. The pressure is all on the yams to come out of their usual defensive shell as a nil nil just won't do the bizzo for their ultra sensitive nutcase yamfans.

GGTTH

Hibs Class
07-01-2018, 07:19 AM

I think it would be 30/31 Jan, with the Motherwell game postponed.

Ronniekirk
07-01-2018, 07:56 AM

Mmnn Lets All Do The Dead Cat Bounce Could be a song in their

allezsauzee
07-01-2018, 08:35 AM
Wont be needed They are due to concede a goal ,We are due a win against them at Tyncastle and we are due a decision to go our way and not have s good goal not given

In my near 40 years experience of following Hibs I've come to realise that us being due a decision or a stroke of luck against them is the norm and doesn't make it any more likely to happen next time out!

As long as we don't get a Craig Thomson like performance from the ref and our strikers work out how to stay onside against them, we will win at the PBS.

Keith_M
07-01-2018, 08:42 AM
No need for a replay, we're winning this one at the first attempt.

allezsauzee
07-01-2018, 09:00 AM
I was getting changed before playing 5s just after we drew them in the cup in 2016 and a couple of the jambos that were playing were laughing that had a got a bye into the next round. They genuinely thought it was a formality that they would get through.

6 derbies later and they still haven't won....pleasing

Billy Whizz
07-01-2018, 09:15 AM

I believe it’s 30/31st Jan if needed

McD
07-01-2018, 02:16 PM
In my near 40 years experience of following Hibs I've come to realise that us being due a decision or a stroke of luck against them is the norm and doesn't make it any more likely to happen next time out!

As long as we don't get a Craig Thomson like performance from the ref and our strikers work out how to stay onside against them, we will win at the PBS.

This.

we should have scored beyond Oli’s goal with how much space they were leaving in behind, the forwards really should have been better at timing runs and looking along the line.

hopefully do so in the Cup :flag:

IlDiavola
07-01-2018, 05:24 PM
We will do well to even score at Tiny.

If we do, then a replay is a strong possibility, if we don't we will probably go out the Cup. :boo hoo::boo hoo:

lyonhibs
07-01-2018, 05:41 PM

If we do, then a replay is a strong possibility, if we don't we will probably go out the Cup. :boo hoo::boo hoo:

Christ, you're a bundle of laughs eh??

If we don't tuck them away at the first time of asking, I'm ok to spin them some money and pump them out on a replay. Again.

Lancs Harp
07-01-2018, 05:44 PM
Just cant see them giant killing us and taking us to a replay.

HibbyAndy
07-01-2018, 05:47 PM

We may well go out the cup , But it wont be to these gimps , They Can't beat US ;-)

danhibees1875
07-01-2018, 06:33 PM

They haven't scored in open play against us for 5 derbies now (0-0, 1-0, 3-1(pen), 0-0, 1-0).

They also haven't scored against anyone in their last 3.

I'm not saying they won't score, I just wouldn't be so scared of them definitely scoring.

007 Mickey Weir
07-01-2018, 07:00 PM
They haven't scored in open play against us for 5 derbies now (0-0, 1-0, 3-1(pen), 0-0, 1-0).

They also haven't scored against anyone in their last 3.

I'm not saying they won't score, I just wouldn't be so scared of them definitely scoring.

Technically it was open play. Did he not miss the penalty then get super lucky with the rebound.

Sir David Gray
07-01-2018, 07:05 PM

Considering the low number of goals they have scored this season, you could apply this to them as well.

SirDavidsNapper
07-01-2018, 07:12 PM
There was only one team ****ting themselves when the draw was made and it wasn't us. Bring them on. Tynecastle or Easter Road Hibs will progress.

JimBHibees
07-01-2018, 07:24 PM

We scored in the last game we played there.

HIBERNIAN 1875
07-01-2018, 07:51 PM
I believe it’s 30/31st Jan if needed

Cheers Billy, I am out of the country from the 28th until the morning of the 31st so sweating over the thought of missing a derby. :boo hoo:

C Feeney-Seale
07-01-2018, 09:03 PM

We scored last month just a shame the ref pretended he was looking the other way!

C Feeney-Seale
07-01-2018, 09:05 PM
Christ, you're a bundle of laughs eh??

If we don't tuck them away at the first time of asking, I'm ok to spin them some money and pump them out on a replay. Again.

Would be nice to make it eleven not ten in a row...

majorhibs
07-01-2018, 09:46 PM

Yer a bit of a div if not all then most ae the time, obv your agenda, but pointless to me.

IlDiavola
08-01-2018, 12:52 PM
Yer a bit of a div if not all then most ae the time, obv your agenda, but pointless to me.

I have no idea whatsoever what a 'div' is but, going by the context of your post, I glean it is not a complimentary term?

What, in the prose of my post, do you disagree with?

Ronniekirk
08-01-2018, 01:01 PM

I have no idea whatsoever what a 'div' is but, going by the context of your post, I glean it is not a complimentary term?

What, in the prose of my post, do you disagree with?

You seem to be very pessimistic about Hibs chances of progressing in the Cup is my reading of your post

IlDiavola
08-01-2018, 01:16 PM
You seem to be very pessimistic about Hibs chances of progressing in the Cup is my reading of your post

Not at all Ronnie.

I think we have an excellent chance of progressing. I just feel that, with their new found strong defence, we will do well to score at Tynecastle. Not for one minute do I think they will outplay us and will definitely not be scoring a hatful of goals against us.

If we score at Tiny then I think it'll be a draw at worst (and a home win in the replay!), or a 1-0 win for us.

They've got to concede eventually so why not to Hibs?

I still think it'll be tough though.

Ronniekirk
08-01-2018, 01:22 PM
Not at all Ronnie.

I think we have an excellent chance of progressing. I just feel that, with their new found strong defence, we will do well to score at Tynecastle. Not for one minute do I think they will outplay us and will definitely not be scoring a hatful of goals against us.

If we score at Tiny then I think it'll be a draw at worst (and a home win in the replay!), or a 1-0 win for us.

Well thats a lot clearer We haven't beaten them there the last three times we have played them so agree its not going to be easy Factor in the Winter break ( we didn't do well the last time we returned from a break )
But just think we are the better team if we play well and are due a break in these fixtures that goes our way

IlDiavola
08-01-2018, 01:48 PM
Well thats a lot clearer We haven't beaten them there the last three times we have played them so agree its not going to be easy Factor in the Winter break ( we didn't do well the last time we returned from a break )
But just think we are the better team if we play well and are due a break in these fixtures that goes our way

:thumbsup: GGTTH :flag:

IlDiavola
09-01-2018, 03:33 PM

Well, now that their two main goalscoring threats are out of the derby, I think it may well go to a replay on the back of a 0-0 scoreline. I don't think we will score at Tiny but I don't think they will either.

Ronniekirk
09-01-2018, 03:40 PM
Well, now that their two main goalscoring threats are out of the derby, I think it may well go to a replay on the back of a 0-0 scoreline. I don't think we will score at Tiny but I don't think they will either.

We have a new Striker in and they are bound to make a signing you would think
Will see who we play in the friendly on Friday but the new guy has a few weeks to gell with the team so may be the surprise package we need to turn them over on that horrible Pitch

Craigmount Hibs
09-01-2018, 03:50 PM
We have a new Striker in and they are bound to make a signing you would think
Will see who we play in the friendly on Friday but the new guy has a few weeks to gell with the team so may be the surprise package we need to turn them over on that horrible Pitch

“That horrible pitch” is the key. It will be a tattie field again, and murder for our far better passing players. I’d love to pump them at their “new” pink bus shelter, but because of the horrendous surface, we might have to wait 10 days for the pleasure.

Ronniekirk
09-01-2018, 03:57 PM
“That horrible pitch” is the key. It will be a tattie field again, and murder for our far better passing players. I’d love to pump them at their “new” pink bus shelter, but because of the horrendous surface, we might have to wait 10 days for the pleasure.

Sometines deferred Gratification is worth wait

IlDiavola
09-01-2018, 04:00 PM
Sometines deferred Gratification is worth wait

For the third year in a row :greengrin:greengrin

DarlingtonHibee
09-01-2018, 04:35 PM
Silly question do we get a share of the gate, or is that just semi and final?

Onceinawhile
09-01-2018, 05:28 PM
Silly question do we get a share of the gate, or is that just semi and final?

All cup ties are split.

DarlingtonHibee
09-01-2018, 05:31 PM
Cheers!

Billy Whizz
11-01-2018, 08:30 AM
Confirmed as Tuesday 30th
https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/news/scottish-cup-fourth-round-information/?rid=14258

Borderhibbie76
11-01-2018, 01:33 PM

What, in the prose of my post, do you disagree with?Mainly.your negativity to all things Hibs given our recent derby record...still you got the reaction you were looking for i think...

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

SRHibs
11-01-2018, 01:44 PM
Not at all Ronnie.

If we don’t score we will go out, but you predict that we’ll win 1-0? How exactly would a 0-0 draw see us out of the tournament if you’re not expecting them to score?

Hibby70
11-01-2018, 01:50 PM
Confirmed as Tuesday 30th
https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/news/scottish-cup-fourth-round-information/?rid=14258

Good news - Shed Seven is on 31st so I could now do both as the Motherwell game would be cancelled.

I'd still rather we won on 21st mind you.

Hibby70
11-01-2018, 02:55 PM
Good news - Shed Seven is on 31st so I could now do both as the Motherwell game would be cancelled.

I'd still rather we won on 21st mind you.

Actually the best result is Motherwell to draw on the Saturday then us to gub them at Tiny the following day. Everyone's a winner.

IlDiavola
11-01-2018, 04:12 PM
If we don’t score we will go out, but you predict that we’ll win 1-0? How exactly would a 0-0 draw see us out of the tournament if you’re not expecting them to score?

I'm saying that if it's 0-0 we can win the replay.

I don't think we will score at Tiny.

I don't think they will score at Tiny, especially now with Walker and Lafferty not playing.

I'm not 'predicting' a 1-0 win for us, I'm hoping we can scrape a goal and therefore progress.

Would you like another 'fine tooth comb' to dissect my post even more? :rolleyes:

In summary, we take them back to Easter Road and we will carry on in the Cup. If we concede at Tiny we won't score two goals and will therefore exit the cup or be involved in a replay.

My post is of course pure conjecture and I may (and probably will) be proven wrong.

SRHibs
12-01-2018, 08:27 AM
I'm saying that if it's 0-0 we can win the replay.

I don't think we will score at Tiny.

I don't think they will score at Tiny, especially now with Walker and Lafferty not playing.

I'm not 'predicting' a 1-0 win for us, I'm hoping we can scrape a goal and therefore progress.

Would you like another 'fine tooth comb' to dissect my post even more? :rolleyes:

In summary, we take them back to Easter Road and we will carry on in the Cup. If we concede at Tiny we won't score two goals and will therefore exit the cup or be involved in a replay.

My post is of course pure conjecture and I may (and probably will) be proven wrong.

You said if we don’t score you expect we will exit the cup - you’re confident they WILL score. The above is completely different to the post I dissected.

If we do, then a replay is a strong possibility, if we don't we will probably go out the Cup.

Don’t roll your eyes if your post get gets ‘dissected’ when you’re talking pish.

Hermit Crab
12-01-2018, 02:16 PM
scotfa.co/fourthrdinfo

Iggy Pope
12-01-2018, 06:47 PM
You said if we don’t score you expect we will exit the cup - you’re confident they WILL score. The above is completely different to the post I dissected.

Don’t roll your eyes if your post get gets ‘dissected’ when you’re talking pish.

Could be neither of the two sides score at all but someone still gets knocked out boys.