PDA

View Full Version : Stoke sack Hughes

stokesmessiah
06-01-2018, 09:54 PM
Stoke have emptied Mark Hughes tonight. I have no sympathy, really don’t like the guy and in all honesty, I have no idea how he even gets a job!!

Jack Hackett
06-01-2018, 10:01 PM
Stoke have emptied Mark Hughes tonight. I have no sympathy, really don’t like the guy and in all honesty, I have no idea how he even gets a job!!

You're not the only one

Scouse Hibee
06-01-2018, 10:09 PM
And so the merry go round continues.

Smartie
06-01-2018, 10:14 PM
Over the piece he's done very well for Stoke.

They're having a terrible season though, and that result today was a shocker.

Premier League chairmen get twitchy at the thought of relegation and losing out on all that cash.

This was inevitable really.

hibsbollah
06-01-2018, 10:23 PM
He just seems like a massively arrogant, unlikeable individual. A bit like Billy Davies.

Nameless
06-01-2018, 10:30 PM
He was good with Wales and Blackburn, and I think he was unlucky to get emptied by Man City. He seems a decent enough bloke, so I hope he gets another job in the PL.

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

mca
06-01-2018, 10:33 PM
And so the merry go round continues.

I Just text my weegie pal to wind him up and say that brendan rodgers is top on the shortlist... :greengrin

what's the odds was the reply...

Scottie
06-01-2018, 10:34 PM
Done great job at Blackburn and Fulham and kept Stoke in the EPL which was his only remit.

Fantastic player in his day but just curious why you don't like the guy what's he done that upsets you so much ?

Sir David Gray
06-01-2018, 10:40 PM
I only read this as was curious as to what the Hibs connection was. :rolleyes: :wink:

There doesn't need to be a Hibs connection. The forum is for people to talk about "Hibs and football in general".

sauzee6_2
06-01-2018, 11:26 PM
I Just text my weegie pal to wind him up and say that brendan rodgers is top on the shortlist... :greengrin

what's the odds was the reply...

Mark Hughes will become a likely target for the rangers....

Mibbes Aye
06-01-2018, 11:32 PM
Done great job at Blackburn and Fulham and kept Stoke in the EPL which was his only remit.

Fantastic player in his day but just curious why you don't like the guy what's he done that upsets you so much ?

He had quite the career.

Domestic honours with three English clubs, European medals with two of them. And played for Barcelona and Bayern Munich. You'd settle for that.

ancient hibee
06-01-2018, 11:37 PM

Did better than that.Stoke were 9th three seasons in a row then “fell”to 13th last season.

stoneyburn hibs
06-01-2018, 11:38 PM
He had quite the career.

Domestic honours with three English clubs, European medals with two of them. And played for Barcelona and Bayern Munich. You'd settle for that.

Underrated as a player and manager imo.
I've always felt like he's just managed to keep a lid on it during his managerial career, seemed to always be a smidgeon away from going radge.

TRC
06-01-2018, 11:51 PM
Wonder if he would be interested in the Scotland job?

The Baldmans Comb
07-01-2018, 01:17 AM
I am desperately trying to care and failing miserably.:confused:

jacomo
07-01-2018, 01:18 AM
Underrated as a player and manager imo.
I've always felt like he's just managed to keep a lid on it during his managerial career, seemed to always be a smidgeon away from going radge.

As a player? He was well rated and played for the biggest clubs.

As a manager? Better record than most.

Wouldn't be surprised if he has a massive ego but don't they all? Maybe he's just come to the end of the road.

wookie70
07-01-2018, 01:35 AM
There was a Stoke fan on radio tonight saying Hughes had a total win record of 38 percent over his Premier League managerial career. He was clearly of the opinion that Hughes was, statistically at least, a poor manager and was glad to see the back of him.

H18 SFR
07-01-2018, 08:47 AM
There was a Stoke fan on radio tonight saying Hughes had a total win record of 38 percent over his Premier League managerial career. He was clearly of the opinion that Hughes was, statistically at least, a poor manager and was glad to see the back of him.

Does anyone know what Stubbs and Lennon's win percentage is at Hibs?

allezsauzee
07-01-2018, 09:52 AM
I'm sure Mark Hughes won't be out of work for long unless he chooses to be. Of course there's a decent chance that Stoke will replace him with a manager who will have been judged in the past to have been not good enough at another EPL club!

The focus on TV cash has engendered such short term thinking that the people running clubs end up sacking managers who have a run of poor results even if they know they are perfectly capable .

wookie70
07-01-2018, 09:55 AM
Does anyone know what Stubbs and Lennon's win percentage is at Hibs?

Stubbs was 58 Butcher 35

The_Exile
07-01-2018, 11:57 AM

Exactly, I can’t believe the OP didn’t run this past you before posting it. Shocking.

Hughes is a victim of his own limited success, he’s done a more than decent job without having stellar success and he’ll likely get another mid table gig before long.

NORTHERNHIBBY
07-01-2018, 12:38 PM
Gary Rowett and Martin O'Neill for Stoke according to SSN

Pagan Hibernia
07-01-2018, 12:52 PM
Loved him as a player, fiery, robust, but with great technical ability and a scorer of some sublime goals.

Out of all fergusons lot that went on to be managers he’s probably one of the best, not much competition there mind.

Hi Heid Yin
07-01-2018, 01:39 PM
Another millionaire sacked, presumably with another hefty pay off.
My heart bleeds.:coffee:

RoxburghHibs
07-01-2018, 01:43 PM

I tend to agree, as have zero interest in Stoke City, so find it odd to find a thread discussing their managers demise on here but each to their own. Wonder if there was a thread on the Stoke City message boards discussing Stubbs when he left Hibs? :greengrin :rolleyes: