PDA

View Full Version : Fan Reps Interview - Hibs Talk Podcast

HibsTalk
06-01-2018, 08:31 PM
The Hibs Talk Podcast is excited to announce we are interviewing Tracey Smith and Frank Dougan on Monday night. Have you got any questions for our Hibs fan reps?

Carheenlea
06-01-2018, 09:01 PM
How many tickets are being kept aside for players & officials comps/supporters clubs/away ST's and ex players etc and how many will that leave for actual sale on Wednesday?

Billy Whizz
06-01-2018, 09:16 PM
How many tickets are being kept aside for players & officials comps/supporters clubs/away ST's and ex players etc and how many will that leave for actual sale on Wednesday?

It’s a good question, but I’m not convinced this is in their remit, considering Leeann rules the roost on loyalty points and tickets

Question from me
After being a fan, what has been the biggest eye opener since becoming a Fans director

crash
06-01-2018, 09:22 PM
Could you please ask them if they have found that cat yet?

Viva_Palmeiras
06-01-2018, 09:28 PM
Tracey - how much did Working Together help in gaining an insight and a hint of what you were signing up to?

Would you recommend other applicants sample a bit of Working Together first to “dip their toes in the water” ?

How would you say Let’s Work / Working Together has evolved with the introduction of Leeann?

Viva_Palmeiras
06-01-2018, 09:30 PM
Frank would you say the role has changed much since you first took on the role with Amit?

ronaldo7
06-01-2018, 09:39 PM
Frank, where are you?

Only joshing, big fella, you won't read this anyway.:greengrin

lord bunberry
06-01-2018, 09:39 PM
Do they feel their role is worthwhile or just a box ticking exercise.

Mr White
06-01-2018, 09:42 PM
Frank, where are you?

Only joshing, big fella, you won't read this anyway.:greengrin

:tee hee:

O'Rourke3
06-01-2018, 09:43 PM
Without giving specific examples, have they ever felt personally torn on issues decided by the Board for examplev What they then can and cannot communicate to the people who voted them onto the board?

GreenCastle
06-01-2018, 09:48 PM
Are there any plans to improve the match day experience ?

Better and cheaper catering mainly - with more variety.

Also can anything be done about the sold but vacant seats in FF Lower.

Have Hibs given up on the club rewards - like Boots clubpoints.

Are we ever going to get the PA system fixed ??!!

staunchhibby
06-01-2018, 10:19 PM
Feedback re the Tyncastle debacle.

Skol
07-01-2018, 07:29 AM
How do you feel you have performed in relation to the pledges you made during election to secure our votes.

Viva_Palmeiras
07-01-2018, 07:41 AM
Have any of the applicants that’s didn’t get chosen been involved in any shape/form (offering ideas/expertise)?

Viva_Palmeiras
07-01-2018, 07:46 AM
Demands on your time - as anticipated given the brief or more demanding? In a typical month (in season) what does that look like?

Since90+2
07-01-2018, 08:58 AM
It’s a good question, but I’m not convinced this is in their remit, considering Leeann rules the roost on loyalty points and tickets

Question from me
After being a fan, what has been the biggest eye opener since becoming a Fans director

I'd disagree, I think it's exactly type of question the fans reps should be getting asked and putting to LD.

StevieCowan
07-01-2018, 09:34 AM
Are there any plans to improve the match day experience ?

Better and cheaper catering mainly - with more variety.

Also can anything be done about the sold but vacant seats in FF Lower.

Have Hibs given up on the club rewards - like Boots clubpoints.

Are we ever going to get the PA system fixed ??!!

To save you some time:
1) the experience is driven from what happens on the pitch.
2) it’s outsourced, we regularly review and welcome any specific queries
3) these are sold tickets, we don’t know if people will turn up. If they want to release them then call the TO
4) yes
5) we know it isn’t perfect but meets the current regulations, it will cost a 6 figure sums to replace and we see the Football dept as being the priority

H18 SFR
07-01-2018, 09:56 AM
To save you some time:
3) these are sold tickets, we don’t know if people will turn up. If they want to release them then call the TO
4) yes
5) we know it isn’t perfect but meets the current regulations, it will cost a 6 figure sums to replace and we see the Football dept as being the priority

Ah, so Frank does use this site after all or is that you Rod? 😂

bigwheel
07-01-2018, 10:01 AM
To save you some time:
4) yes

Is this the club response? or just some individual (even if well informed) opinion..as I'm sure the poster was seeking a fans rep response...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Brightside
07-01-2018, 10:03 AM
Do you get bored not answering the same qns time after time

dangermouse
07-01-2018, 10:13 AM
Due to the now high demand for tickets to places like Tynecastle, Celtic Park & Ibrox, will the club consider starting an attendance points scheme where points are ONLY awarded for attending games thus allowing those that support the club home and away on a regular basis to have a better chance of securing one of these tickets?

Hibeewilly
07-01-2018, 10:58 AM
Due to the now high demand for tickets to places like Tynecastle, Celtic Park & Ibrox, will the club consider starting an attendance points scheme where points are ONLY awarded for attending games thus allowing those that support the club home and away on a regular basis to have a better chance of securing one of these tickets?
I'll second that DM

Carheenlea
07-01-2018, 11:41 AM
I'll second that DM

I'll third that

andyf5
07-01-2018, 11:51 AM
My questions

1. How many hours a month do you think you contribute of your own time, unpaid, in this role?
2. What one thing are you most proud of achieving in your role?
3. Do you think the name "fans rep" should be changed to something more reflective of your role? It is not to represent fans but to act as a board member in the best interest of the club which may be against the majority fan view. For instance "Fans board member" may be a better title?
4. There are 13,000 season ticket holders but you engage with very few. What plans do you have to improve this?
5. How do you balance the noise from a vocal few on any topic against the views of the vast majority, which may be different?

GreenCastle
07-01-2018, 11:54 AM
To save you some time:
4) yes

You definitely copy and pasted that !

Regarding match day experience I still think Hibs should try do more to attract fans to the stadium earlier.

Also do the fans reps plan to stand again ?

Beefster
07-01-2018, 11:56 AM

They are supporter representatives. Any question from a supporter is in their remit.

However much thy may dislike some questions, it’s their job to at least try to provide an answer.

Pretty Boy
07-01-2018, 12:03 PM
Can they give specific examples of things that have been achieved that would not have been had the fans reps role not being created?

andyf5
07-01-2018, 12:10 PM
How do you feel you have performed in relation to the pledges you made during election to secure our votes.

The fans reps statements have been removed by the club so you can't check their pledges...

Tracey's promises are here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwYzUK3QUJc and promises about communications with fans from about 2:37

Frank's are here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ilgLNXfQCc and his promises are at 2:09 onwards (including posting on here)

I'm impressed by the work both of them do after having attended a couple of working together meetings.

wookie70
07-01-2018, 12:23 PM
How many tickets are being kept aside for players & officials comps/supporters clubs/away ST's and ex players etc and how many will that leave for actual sale on Wednesday? I'd like this asked too. If it isn't part of their brief then I've no idea what purpose the positions serve. If they have no say in these matters then they should represent the question to the board and get the board to answer. The talk of a loyalty scheme for the good and the great who are being alleged to get priority tickets definitely needs answered. If true we are running a behind doors "loyalty" scheme.

Skol
07-01-2018, 01:43 PM
I'd like this asked too. If it isn't part of their brief then I've no idea what purpose the positions serve. If they have no say in these matters then they should represent the question to the board and get the board to answer. The talk of a loyalty scheme for the good and the great who are being alleged to get priority tickets definitely needs answered. If true we are running a behind doors "loyalty" scheme.

Exactly this. Much more value in this than being a club representative at a variety of events !

I would like to know how the fans reps respond to the feeling about the lack of communication and how they plan to turn this around.

Billy Whizz
07-01-2018, 08:38 PM
I'd disagree, I think it's exactly type of question the fans reps should be getting asked and putting to LD.

Well maybe the question I should ask, is why is the CEO putting her mits into a loyalty scheme debate, when she should have much better things to do

A loyalty scheme is an operational thing, not a board level decision

Another small thing from me, any chance of some hot water in the toilets. If we can’t, why not

hibbysam
07-01-2018, 08:44 PM
Well maybe the question I should ask, is why is the CEO putting her mits into a loyalty scheme debate, when she should have much better things to do

A loyalty scheme is an operational thing, not a board level decision

Another small thing from me, any chance of some hot water in the toilets. If we can’t, why not

Sure they answered the second part previously Bolton regards to needing to fit pipes and all sorts and it wasn’t cost effective to be used 3 hours every 2 weeks for 9 months of the year.

Billy Whizz
07-01-2018, 08:48 PM
Sure they answered the second part previously Bolton regards to needing to fit pipes and all sorts and it wasn’t cost effective to be used 3 hours every 2 weeks for 9 months of the year.

Bolton?

hibbysam
07-01-2018, 09:04 PM
Bolton?

Autocorrect lol ‘Billy’ 😂

Billy Whizz
07-01-2018, 09:08 PM
Autocorrect lol ‘Billy’ 😂

Ok ta, no worries😄
Do you think the answer is acceptable though, on a relatively new stand
If this was Hearts new stand, we’d be all over it

hibbysam
07-01-2018, 09:13 PM
Ok ta, no worries😄
Do you think the answer is acceptable though, on a relatively new stand
If this was Hearts new stand, we’d be all over it

I don’t, I just remember seeing it in a previous update so thought I’d bring it to your attention. For a club of our size that cost would be very minimal compared to our turnover and basic hygiene should be one of our main priorities.

I’d like to know if the Reps could make us aware if they know whether the board have made any enquiries into the difference in income between outsourcing retail and catering compared to clubs who deal with it all internally as I can’t help but look at other clubs revenue and think we can only be missing a trick with it. Especially when it comes to feedback and making changes, we keep getting the excuse about catering that it’s outsourced, that’s no excuse for me and we should be demanding top service.

Billy Whizz
07-01-2018, 09:26 PM
I don’t, I just remember seeing it in a previous update so thought I’d bring it to your attention. For a club of our size that cost would be very minimal compared to our turnover and basic hygiene should be one of our main priorities.

I’d like to know if the Reps could make us aware if they know whether the board have made any enquiries into the difference in income between outsourcing retail and catering compared to clubs who deal with it all internally as I can’t help but look at other clubs revenue and think we can only be missing a trick with it. Especially when it comes to feedback and making changes, we keep getting the excuse about catering that it’s outsourced, that’s no excuse for me and we should be demanding top service.

Good post, maybe the question should be, when does these current catering contract expire

Speedway
07-01-2018, 09:44 PM
When are we going to get proper dugout seats rather than the current green meccano ones?

CMurdoch
07-01-2018, 10:16 PM
Do you get bored not answering the same qns time after time

:greengrin:greengrin I shouldn't laugh but.........

barcahibs
07-01-2018, 10:34 PM

Due to high demand for tickets for certain matches will the club consider starting a loyalty points scheme where points are ONLY awarded in relation to each supporters contribution to the club via ticket (particularly season ticket) purchases, club shop purchases, HSL and club charity contributions? Thus allowing those who perhaps don't have the luxury of commitment free time to attend every game but who provide the club with the funds needed for its very survival a better chance of securing one of these sought after tickets?

What's the difference?

Really don't like the idea of a two tier support (beyond the existing, and valid, priority given to season ticket holders).

Kojock
07-01-2018, 10:44 PM

This is the reply I got from Tracey when I asked that question.

"I haven’t been given a number for allocation re players/staff that get the opportunity to purchase. "

So really no further on.

Kojock
07-01-2018, 10:47 PM
I haven't been to a home or away game all season but have purchased a half season ticket, do you think it's fair that I have the same chance of getting a cup ticket for Tynie as someone who has been to numerous games this season ?

wookie70
07-01-2018, 11:39 PM
I haven't been to a home or away game all season but have purchased a half season ticket, do you think it's fair that I have the same chance of getting a cup ticket for Tynie as someone who has been to numerous games this season ?

Leeann thinks its fair and that is all that counts.

wookie70
07-01-2018, 11:40 PM
This is the reply I got from Tracey when I asked that question.

"I haven’t been given a number for allocation re players/staff that get the opportunity to purchase. "

So really no further on.

Did you ask her to ask again and get back to you with a number. I don't get why it is unreasonable for fans to know how many tickets we are able to access for a game.

Viva_Palmeiras
07-01-2018, 11:58 PM
Good post, maybe the question should be, when does these current catering contract expire

I thought we’d either already brought in-house or were in the process of - see there’s a number of job postings kicking around iirc.

Viva_Palmeiras
08-01-2018, 12:04 AM
Did you ask her to ask again and get back to you with a number. I don't get why it is unreasonable for fans to know how many tickets we are able to access for a game.

Ask for one game then sets precedent ask for all (is it that much of an overhead to communicate? Or is it too varied depending on circumstances)?
Is this info something other clubs share?
(not saying it’s right just because no one else does but puts into context)

hibbysam
08-01-2018, 12:37 AM
I thought we’d either already brought in-house or were in the process of - see there’s a number of job postings kicking around iirc.

I think what was brought in house was the hospitality catering (I think) but the catering kiosks around the ground are still outsourced to my knowledge.

lyonhibs
08-01-2018, 08:22 AM
I think what was brought in house was the hospitality catering (I think) but the catering kiosks around the ground are still outsourced to my knowledge.

I would certainly hope the kiosks as they currently are are outsourced.

If we had a tighter grip on the hiring process I'd like to think that the employees might be a tad less glaikit and a tad more numerate.

barcahibs
08-01-2018, 08:50 AM

Yes.

By buying a half or full season ticket you're making a commitment to the club that no matter what happens from now until the end of the season you're going to pay to go to every game.

As we all know from bitter experience anything could happen kn the next few months. We could have a great transfer window and then win every game. Or we could go a great stretch without winning again.

But you're saying that no matter what, while other fans might choose to stay away and gate money dwindles, you'll still pay to get into every game.

Thats a total leap of faith and it deserves to be rewarded.

wookie70
08-01-2018, 02:13 PM
Ask for one game then sets precedent ask for all (is it that much of an overhead to communicate? Or is it too varied depending on circumstances)?
Is this info something other clubs share?
(not saying it’s right just because no one else does but puts into context) We must know all the numbers for all the games so why not publish it for every game. Obviously the figures will be more interesting for some games but it is all on the name of transparency and O can't see why it would be secret.

Say 200 tickets were going to Supporters buses or ex players then that should be known and fans could approach the reps with their feelings.

Still Smiling
08-01-2018, 02:57 PM
Would like to see the stewards in the East Stand ensure people exiting at half time and full time are ushered out quickly. Currently the stewards stand and watch as the leavers congregate on the aisle steps. This spoils the view for those sitting close to the aisles. If people new they would be moved on quickly I think the would wait till nearer the end. Also a Health and Safety issue.

Kojock
08-01-2018, 03:02 PM
We must know all the numbers for all the games so why not publish it for every game. Obviously the figures will be more interesting for some games but it is all on the name of transparency and O can't see why it would be secret.

Say 200 tickets were going to Supporters buses or ex players then that should be known and fans could approach the reps with their feelings.

This is the reply I got from Tracey re supporters clubs

"Moving forward allocation of tickets for Away games that are in huge demand will be Away ST and then ST holders. No tickets will be held for supporters groups. This is something that had been done historically and should have stopped when the Away ST had come into play but for some reason it continued"

Someone at ER is being economical with the truth as it was not a historical process it was a new process set up after consultation with Leeanne and the TO.

Iggy Pope
08-01-2018, 03:14 PM
Frank, Tracey

My question to both of you would be 'why are you bothering?'
You're making no difference really, as the trashing of the away points system continues to burn amongst the wronged and you both remain powerless.
I'm not certain I've seen a single significant result of a Fan being represented on the board.

I'll take another fruitless half hour aside from work and watch the dick-o-meter laugh back at me.

I really couldn't care less about the lack of hot water, although my seat in the FF upper is surrounded in seagull ****. And has been for years. Don't ask about that though. I've already done it.

My question to the board - no more Fans Reps please. Ta.

CallumLaidlaw
08-01-2018, 03:25 PM
Frank, Tracey

My question to both of you would be 'why are you bothering?'
You're making no difference really, as the trashing of the away points system continues to burn amongst the wronged and you both remain powerless.
I'm not certain I've seen a single significant result of a Fan being represented on the board.

Hope you are both ok for tickets come Wednesday morning though. I'll take another fruitless half hour aside from work and watch the dick-o-meter laugh back at me.

I really couldn't care less about the lack of hot water, although my seat in the FF upper is surrounded in seagull ****. And has been for years. Don't ask about that though. I've already done it.

See you both at the Player of the Year.

My question to the board - no more Fans Reps please. Ta.

Frank and Tracey are both away season ticket holders so will be fine for tickets on Wednesday. Your dig wasn't really needed.

Iggy Pope
08-01-2018, 03:30 PM
Frank and Tracey are both away season ticket holders so will be fine for tickets on Wednesday. Your dig wasn't really needed.

Hi Calum. Which one are you?

Kojock
08-01-2018, 03:30 PM

Yup totally uncalled for, whilst I don't always agree with Frank or Tracey as you say they are both AST holders which they don't have to be as they are afforded the luxury of the directors box but choose to sit among their own.

Iggy Pope
08-01-2018, 03:35 PM
Yup totally uncalled for, whilst I don't always agree with Frank or Tracey as you say they are both AST holders which they don't have to be as they are afforded the luxury of the directors box but choose to sit among their own.

I'm certain they are, and they'll get that one each, as they are due, under the unnecessary scheme implemented, but my question to them stands.

Not certain that the Directors Box at Tynecastle should be viewed as any sort of luxury for anyone, far less Hibbies.

Kojock
08-01-2018, 03:42 PM
I'm certain they are, and they'll get that one each, as they are due, under the unnecessary scheme implemented, but my question to them stands.

Not certain that the Directors Box at Tynecastle should be viewed as any sort of luxury for anyone, far less Hibbies.

If it's your question 're why do they bother, then feel free to stand for election next time round and find out what a thankless task being a fans rep is.

CallumLaidlaw
08-01-2018, 03:43 PM
Hi Calum. Which one are you?

It's quite clear who I am, going by my name and picture :aok:

Iggy Pope
08-01-2018, 03:48 PM
If it's your question 're why do they bother, then feel free to stand for election next time round and find out what a thankless task being a fans rep is.

Think my post answers this waste of bandwidth.

CallumLaidlaw
08-01-2018, 03:59 PM
I've asked a question of the fans reps. You brought your photograph into it. I've no idea who you are.

You made a statement about the fans reps which wasn’t necessary and I corrected you. You then went on to make unnecessary comments about my appearance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty Boy
08-01-2018, 04:06 PM
Guys can we please keep personal digs out of this. That includes at the fans reps or each other.

I've deleted the post in question along with others that quote it. If we can get back on track that would be great.

Iggy Pope
08-01-2018, 04:19 PM
Guys can we please keep personal digs out of this. That includes at the fans reps or each other.

I've deleted the post in question along with others that quote it. If we can get back on track that would be great.

Marvellous.
I'll edit the perceived dig' out of my question, which still stands. As does my thought on the need for Fans Reps.

JimboHibs
08-01-2018, 04:20 PM

How do you know it's thankless or are you making an assumption based on what ?

Kojock
08-01-2018, 04:37 PM
How do you know it's thankless or are you making an assumption based on what ?

Based on having spoken to both of them.

JimboHibs
08-01-2018, 04:49 PM
Based on having spoken to both of them.

Quality so your stating that they both find it a 'thankless task' being a rep.

Viva_Palmeiras
08-01-2018, 04:58 PM
Quality so your stating that they both find it a 'thankless task' being a rep.

I reckon phrase ‘a thankless task’ is used more by others commenting so would imagine it’s the opinion of the poster rather than the reps themselves.

Since90+2
08-01-2018, 05:01 PM
Is it possible to listen to the podcast live tonight?

hibbysam
08-01-2018, 05:24 PM
This is the reply I got from Tracey re supporters clubs

"Moving forward allocation of tickets for Away games that are in huge demand will be Away ST and then ST holders. No tickets will be held for supporters groups. This is something that had been done historically and should have stopped when the Away ST had come into play but for some reason it continued"

Someone at ER is being economical with the truth as it was not a historical process it was a new process set up after consultation with Leeanne and the TO.

It certainly was a historical process as stated on here when my question was brought up, I got a reply from Leeann through the fans reps and she advised she was not aware of any of this happening and that it would be stopped immediately once she had spoken to the relevant groups and the TO.

Iggy Pope
08-01-2018, 05:50 PM
I reckon phrase ‘a thankless task’ is used more by others commenting so would imagine it’s the opinion of the poster rather than the reps themselves.

I reckon that the thanks get dished out when others see the difference the completed tasks are making. Right now that doesn't seem to be much of a difference. More gets done / more reaction anyway on here when people simply spraff about things. I can't see the worth of the Fans reps to date.

My grumble is the only one I have right now.
I could be wrong, but when the new rep positions came to being, we had a perfectly good away ticketing system. They weren't responsible for its demise I'm sure, but it's gone in the period all the same.
And it grinds a bit with many that it's been replaced with the ASTs without consultation and only because that system fits someone at the club a bit better. And I've had words (to that effect) straight from the horses mouth. Hibs could have the 100 HSL bonus points back tomorrow if they reinstated the scheme and my HSL subs would still continue and in perpetuity. As they do. I never asked for the points or the bother they caused. God only knows whose idea it was to implement them, although there is more than one smart ass on here with an ill -advised opinion on it.

DarlingtonHibee
08-01-2018, 06:00 PM

For a technology dinasour like me is there a live link for an android phone. Cheers!

Kojock
08-01-2018, 06:01 PM
It certainly was a historical process as stated on here when my question was brought up, I got a reply from Leeann through the fans reps and she advised she was not aware of any of this happening and that it would be stopped immediately once she had spoken to the relevant groups and the TO.

That contradicts the info I have, Leeanne was approached and gave it to go ahead in conjunction with the TO.

HibsTalk
08-01-2018, 06:54 PM

We're not that technically savvy. Costs money too. We'll have it edited and uploaded tomorrow around 6pm.

Johnny Clash
08-01-2018, 07:39 PM
I think the position of fans rep is evolving.

Like it or not, social media is the preferred choice for a lot of people yet many issues are raised on .Net with no input ffrom fans reps. On some occasions posters specifically ask reps to make comment but often these are totally ignored.

Everyone agrees improved communication is vital so what is planned to improve this?

Skol
08-01-2018, 07:46 PM

Like it or not, social media is the preferred choice for a lot of people yet many issues are raised on .Net with no input ffrom fans reps. On some occasions posters specifically ask reps to make comment but often these are totally ignored.

Everyone agrees improved communication is vital so what is planned to improve this?

If I have missed it then sorry, but surely a regular e-mail with update and a mailbox for queries isnt beyond the realms of possibility

Johnny Clash
08-01-2018, 07:59 PM
If I have missed it then sorry, but surely a regular e-mail with update and a mailbox for queries isnt beyond the realms of possibility

Exactly. Something like that would be a step forward. Sending personal emails currently an option but that excludes everyone else gaining the knowledge

Pretty Boy
08-01-2018, 08:02 PM

When the Rangers saga was unfolding Stuart Cosgrove made a very good point about new media and the relationship it had with old media.

He argued that a lot of his colleagues in the press, on radio, TV and so on dismissed the bloggers who were reporting a lot of the stuff about Rangers as 'nerds' and 'geeks'. They seemed under the impression all users of blogs, forums, Twitter and so on were football anoraks who never actually attended games. He argued with his colleagues that they were about a decade behind the times and that the internet is now a tool for everyone. It's obvious really.

I still think clubs and the old media aren't quite keeping pace though. I've never made any secret that it's my belief that .net, as an example, is a bit of a pest that Hibs wished never existed.

08-01-2018, 10:04 PM
Exactly. Something like that would be a step forward. Sending personal emails currently an option but that excludes everyone else gaining the knowledge

A sticky thread for all fan rep matters is the answer.

Forza Fred
09-01-2018, 01:33 AM
The concept of ‘fans reps’ was/is a noble one always though, carrying a degree of difficulty.

None of my comments by the way, are in any way aimed at past or present holders of the positions, all of whom I have high respect for.

If it is MAINLY to advise the board of the views of the fans...then logically it is superfluous as these days email means a message can be delivered immediately and cut out the middle man.

The reps too, must work as part of the directors team, and the pressure they are under to do so from ‘within the tent,’ means that they are unlikely to radically oppose any existing views of the non elected members..or face the risk of suffering from increasing exclusion if they do.

Their decisions, which they take based on information possibly not generally available to all the punters, will at times inevitably put them at odds with punters..who see things possibly in a much more black and white vista than the board.

I have thought since the roles were created that it allows the board the opportunity to basically have additional resources to do things they perhaps themselves did not consider they had time for, and I know that Frank and Tracey are very hard working for the club.

The two individuals do their very best, and genuinely want to do what is in the best interests of the club.

A lot of the criticism they get for various things is I feel unwarranted, and reminds me of the political saying that..”it’s easy to be in opposition, as you don’t actually have to do anything but critiscise’

It is no doubt a great honour to be able to say that you are a director of Hibs......but I know that I would run a mile from it as you will undoubtedly, even with heroic efforts, be unable to please all of the people all of the time.....

dangermouse
09-01-2018, 04:05 PM
Due to high demand for tickets for certain matches will the club consider starting a loyalty points scheme where points are ONLY awarded in relation to each supporters contribution to the club via ticket (particularly season ticket) purchases, club shop purchases, HSL and club charity contributions? Thus allowing those who perhaps don't have the luxury of commitment free time to attend every game but who provide the club with the funds needed for its very survival a better chance of securing one of these sought after tickets?

What's the difference?

Really don't like the idea of a two tier support (beyond the existing, and valid, priority given to season ticket holders).

The difference is mine (actually it was stolen from another poster on the PM board :greengrin) is based wholly on attending matches rewarding those that go regularly especially when limited away tickets are available, your example where you get points for practically anything is the reason the original scheme floundered in the first place.

barcahibs
09-01-2018, 11:44 PM
The difference is mine (actually it was stolen from another poster on the PM board :greengrin) is based wholly on attending matches rewarding those that go regularly especially when limited away tickets are available, your example where you get points for practically anything is the reason the original scheme floundered in the first place.

But why single out attending away matches as being the most 'deserving' aspect of being a fan? Why not single out those who make the biggest financial contribution and make them the most deserving? I would hope most of us would think that letting those with the deepest pockets jump to the head of the queue is wrong - but why is letting those who attend the most away matches go to the front any better?

It's the concept that attending away matches make's you special or more deserving than others that bothers me. Folk talk like driving up to Dundee is an expedition to the Himalayas and that they should be pitied and lauded in equal measure for making the sacrifice to go and see Hibs play. It's not a scarifice to go and watch Hibs away at Dundee or Motherwell or wherever. Many people would love to go see Hibs play in every match (that after all is why we're Hibs fans isn't it?) but for various reasons can't do so - time, money, jobs, families, other commitments.

Some fans have the available time to go to every match - or make sacrifices to their family life and other commitments in order to devote extra time to Hibs. That's great.
Other fans might have the available money to outbid everyone else for Tynecastle tickets - or make sacrifices to their family budget and other commitments in order to devote extra cash to Hibs. Thats' also great.

Why is one group better than the other? Why should one group be sent to the head of the queue for tickets but not the other?

Maybe we could do it by different criteria? Some fans travel long distances to get to Easter Road every week, other fans live closer and so can get to games much easier. Maybe those fans who live outside Edinburgh should be given first dibs on tickets? Why are they less deserving?

Some fans love spending the weekend shopping with their partners or spending time with the kids but sacrifice that to go to the football. Other fans can't wait to get away form the old ball and chain and get a few hours peace at the football... (I'm going to leave it there in case my partner reads this and guesses what group I'm in...)

Basically what I'm saying is that everyone has a pot of time, money, resources, ability to attend games and everyone chooses what they're able to sacrifice. To me no one group's sacrifice is worth more than any other's.

I don't think we should have a loyalty scheme - but if we do it should cover ALL forms of loyalty, not just benefit those with the most ability to go to away games. I saw nothing wrong with the 100 points for HSL members for instance.

I don't see what's wrong with the current system of priority to season ticket holders (who make an upfront blind commitment to the club to pay to attend every game no matter what) and letting it go to the lottery of ticket sales. You're either lucky or you're not. That to me is fair.

Finally I'd like to point out that I have no dog in this fight, I don't go to Tynecastle for health and ethical reasons so I'm not looking for a ticket anyway. :wink:

My_Wife_Camille
10-01-2018, 02:31 AM
Question

But why single out attending away matches as being the most 'deserving' aspect of being a fan?

Answer

Some fans ... make sacrifices to their family life and other commitments in order to devote extra time to Hibs. That's great.

Imo

Carheenlea
10-01-2018, 10:30 AM
So Tracy thinks it's a great idea to tell us she upgrades her kids away ST's to adult ones for Tynecastle and Ibrox to save her neighbour and a friend the "hassle" of securing high demand tickets. What a great system. Why should away ST's be upgraded for use and benefit of others?

ronaldo7
10-01-2018, 10:37 AM
So Tracy thinks it's a great idea to tell us she upgrades her kids away ST's to adult ones for Tynecastle and Ibrox to save her neighbour and a friend the "hassle" of securing high demand tickets. What a great system. Why should away ST's be upgraded for use and benefit of others?

It's definitely open to abuse. You could purchase a child ast and then upgrade for the matches that suited you.

hibbysam
10-01-2018, 10:43 AM
It's definitely open to abuse. You could purchase a child ast and then upgrade for the matches that suited you.

Would still cost you a fortune though, £25 for the home season ticket, and then about £10-15 every game...

Alex Trager
10-01-2018, 10:52 AM

I don’t really see the problem here.

She is still paying for an AST.

What’s the issue?

Carheenlea
10-01-2018, 11:06 AM
I don’t really see the problem here.

She is still paying for an AST.

What’s the issue?

The two posts above highlight the issue. Better just keeping these things to yourself. She won't be the only one to do it, but as a director you should be more mindful of your actions.

Alex Trager
10-01-2018, 11:12 AM
The two posts above highlight the issue. Better just keeping these things to yourself. She won't be the only one to do it, but as a director you should be more mindful of your actions.

Yeah I am surprised that she does that but as I said I don’t see the issue.

She pays for a kids AST and her own AST. That means the money is automatically debited from her account for each away game.

She’s not at an advantage.

Again though I am shocked she admitted to that.

DarlingtonHibee
10-01-2018, 11:14 AM
Let's be honest, LD and Rod define the strategy, let's not forget Frank went public against Rod not so long ago, neither will be trusted to the sensitive details.

wookie70
10-01-2018, 11:24 AM
Yeah I am surprised that she does that but as I said I don’t see the issue.

She pays for a kids AST and her own AST. That means the money is automatically debited from her account for each away game.

She’s not at an advantage.

Again though I am shocked she admitted to that.

I was surprised she admitted that too. She is operating her own loyalty scheme in a way. I might buy an under 12s AST next year for one of my kids and just pick and choose games.

The point about waiting until we had more away fans before considering a loyalty scheme was ill thought out crap. Surely if we have around 2000 away fans then it makes it easier to operate a loyalty scheme. Ibrox and Parkhead would still be oversubscribed but you could give all the away fans a ticket for Tiny and still have a ballot with a good number of tickets left for season ticket holders who seem to think they have a right to a chance of a ticket.

Carheenlea
10-01-2018, 12:34 PM
I was surprised she admitted that too. She is operating her own loyalty scheme in a way. I might buy an under 12s AST next year for one of my kids and just pick and choose games.

The point about waiting until we had more away fans before considering a loyalty scheme was ill thought out crap. Surely if we have around 2000 away fans then it makes it easier to operate a loyalty scheme. Ibrox and Parkhead would still be oversubscribed but you could give all the away fans a ticket for Tiny and still have a ballot with a good number of tickets left for season ticket holders who seem to think they have a right to a chance of a ticket.

Absolutely bang on the money for me. Without going into detail Frank stated that an alternative was being looked at. How you do it without it being a loyalty scheme of sorts I've no idea!

Ozyhibby
10-01-2018, 12:55 PM
A sticky thread for all fan rep matters is the answer.

They don’t answer questions posed by fans anyway so I doubt it would make any difference. Tracey was never off here when she was up for election, now it’s radio silence.

barcahibs
10-01-2018, 04:28 PM
Question

Answer

Imo

Ok then...

"Some fans ... make sacrifices to their family life and other commitments in order to devote extra TIME to Hibs."

If we accept the premise that some fans should be treated differently because they make an extra sacrifice/commitmemt to the club... Why single out those who go to away matches?

"Some fans ... make sacrifices to their family life and other commitments in order to devote extra MONEY to Hibs."

Some fans ... make sacrifices to their family life and other commitments in order to TRAVEL FROM OUTWITH EDINBURGH to support Hibs.

So what's the difference? Why should one group of fans be prioritised over the other?

My issue is really that some folk represent going to see Hibs at away games as some massive sacrifice that they're making which makes them better fans and for which they should be rewarded.

I respect them for making whatever sacrifices they make but No one forces them to.

They presumably enjoy going to the away games? I personally would love to get to more games but due to work i don't have that opportunity.

Your reward for going to see Hibs at the away games you go to... Is getting to see Hibs at the away games you go to.

Why should you want or expect anything extra?

Its not perfect but for me the only fair way is the current lottery. (An actual lottery might be better come to think of it)

marinello59
10-01-2018, 04:36 PM
Ok then...

"Some fans ... make sacrifices to their family life and other commitments in order to devote extra TIME to Hibs."

If we accept the premise that some fans should be treated differently because they make an extra sacrifice/commitmemt to the club... Why single out those who go to away matches?

"Some fans ... make sacrifices to their family life and other commitments in order to devote extra MONEY to Hibs."

Some fans ... make sacrifices to their family life and other commitments in order to TRAVEL FROM OUTWITH EDINBURGH to support Hibs.

So what's the difference? Why should one group of fans be prioritised over the other?

My issue is really that some folk represent going to see Hibs at away games as some massive sacrifice that they're making which makes them better fans and for which they should be rewarded.

I respect them for making whatever sacrifices they make but No one forces them to.

They presumably enjoy going to the away games? I personally would love to get to more games but due to work i don't have that opportunity.

Your reward for going to see Hibs at the away games you go to... Is getting to see Hibs at the away games you go to.

Its not perfect but for me the only fair way is the current lottery. (An actual lottery might be better come to think of it)

I totally agree with the bit in bold. I have been in the fortunate postion of being able to go to most games home and away in the past. I was just incredibly lucky to have the cash and time to do so. It made me no more deserving of anything other than a stiff drink to help me blot out some of the dreadful fitba I witnessed. :greengrin

bigwheel
10-01-2018, 04:57 PM
Ok then...

Disagree completely with your central point here - loyalty schemes for football fans should based on going to games...that after all, is surely the essence of being a fan ...

Sure, some people would love to go and can’t afford it, or others have other things they need to prioritise...but hey, they equally can’t expect to have the same number of “points” as those who do...I’m one who doesn’t go to every game through choice - so I don’t earn the same tickets rights as those who do - it’s completely logical .

It is not a test if who is the best fan - it is a points system as to who goes and supports their team the most - I can think of no better scale to Measure who should get first dibs at high demand tickets

barcahibs
10-01-2018, 05:05 PM
Disagree completely with your central point here - loyalty schemes for football fans should based on going to games...that after all, is surely the essence of being a fan ...

Sure, some people would love to go and can’t afford it, or others have other things they need to prioritise...but hey, they equally can’t expect to have the same number of “points” as those who do...I’m one who doesn’t go to every game through choice - so I don’t earn the same tickets rights as those who do - it’s completely logical .

It is not a test if who is the best fan - it is a points system as to who goes and supports their team the most - I can think of no better scale to Measure who should get first dibs at high demand tickets

But why can't it be a points system based on who supports their team financially the most? Or who travels the farthest? Or who has to have the biggest argumemt with their partner whenever they blow off their weekend plans to go to the football instead?

Every one of those groups is making an extra effort to support Hibs, an extra effort that some other fans aren't making.

Why should one group's extra effort be considered more worthy than the others?

Sure, some people would love to pay £100 to guarantee a tynecastle ticket and can’t afford it, or others have other things they need to prioritise...but hey, they equally can’t expect to have the same number of “points” as those who do...

My changes to your statement in bold. What's the difference?

bigwheel
10-01-2018, 05:10 PM
But why can't it be a points system based on who supports their team financially the most? Or who travels the farthest? Or who has to have the biggest argumemt with their partner whenever they blow off their weekend plans to go to the football instead?

Every one of those groups is making an extra effort to support Hibs, an extra effort that some other fans aren't making.

Why should one group's extra effort be considered more worthy than the others?

Because a loyalty scheme is for priority for tickets for games - if you go to most games you earn the right to be at top of queue for tickets for games - it really is that simple...

Football loyalty points should be about going and watching your team - nothing else

barcahibs
10-01-2018, 05:16 PM
Because a loyalty scheme is for priority for tickets for games - if you go to most games you earn the right to be at top of queue for tickets for games - it really is that simple...

Football loyalty points should be about going and watching your team - nothing else

We're going round in circles here i appreciate :) but why? Why is your definition of loyalty - those who have the time, money and opportunity to go to Away games - the right one?

You could change that opinion round to any special interest group. Those who collect the most autographs, those who soend most money in the club shop, those who have the most posts on here, those who make the biggest contribution to HSL or KFK... etc etc etc

I can just about grant the idea that loyalty is about sacrificing something (time, money, whatever) but i cannot agree with the premise that one type of sacrifice is worth more than another.

Sorry, ballot is the only fair way for me.

Hermit Crab
10-01-2018, 05:21 PM

I find it incredible that 1, she thinks this ok and 2, she publicly announced it! Thats potentially a red card offence.

I can see votes of no confidence going in!

bigwheel
10-01-2018, 05:22 PM
We're going round in circles here i appreciate :) but why? Why is your definition of loyalty - those who have the time, money and opportunity to go to Away games - the right one?

You could change that opinion round to any special interest group. Those who collect the most autographs, those who soend most money in the club shop, those who have the most posts on here, those who make the biggest contribution to HSL or KFK... etc etc etc

I can just about grant the idea that loyalty is about sacrificing something (time, money, whatever) but i cannot agree with the premise that one type of sacrifice is worth more than another.

Sorry, ballot is the only fair way for me.

Forget the word “loyalty”....think of what the scoring system is for..it’s for priority for a ticket for a game . for tickets for matches, it has to be people who have gone to most matches.

There is no other measure that is directly related to what the reward is..

ronaldo7
10-01-2018, 05:26 PM
I find it incredible that 1, she thinks this ok and 2, she publicly announced it! Thats potentially a red card offence.

I can see votes of no confidence going in!

You could always tag it onto your loyalty point scheme. 😁

barcahibs
10-01-2018, 05:32 PM
Forget the word “loyalty”....think of what the scoring system is for..it’s for priority for a ticket for a game . for tickets for matches, it has to be people who have gone to most matches.

There is no other measure that is directly related to what the reward is..

Fan A - I'm due to work that weekend but Hibs are playing away at Dens... Bugger it I'll take the hit and give my shift to someone else, the boss won't care as long as the work is done. That way i can go the game and get the loyalty points i need to make sure i get to the hearts game at tynecastle.

Fan B - I'm due to work that weekend but Hibs are playing away at Dens... There's no one who can cover for me and if i don't go I'll get fired... Bugger it I'll cycle to work every day this month and pay the money i would have spent on train fares direct to Hibs - £100 donation to HSL will get me the loyalty points i need to make sure i get to the hearts game at tynecastle.

What's the difference? Except Fan A got to see an extra Hibs game while Fan B had to freeze his bum off and riak his life on a bike - plus Hibs are £100 richer.

bigwheel
10-01-2018, 05:39 PM
Fan A - I'm due to work that weekend but Hibs are playing away at Dens... Bugger it I'll take the hit and give my shift to someone else, the boss won't care as long as the work is done. That way i can go the game and get the loyalty points i need to make sure i get to the hearts game at tynecastle.

Fan B - I'm due to work that weekend but Hibs are playing away at Dens... There's no one who can cover for me and if i don't go I'll get fired... Bugger it I'll cycle to work every day this month and pay the money i would have spent on train fares direct to Hibs - £100 donation to HSL will get me the loyalty points i need to make sure i get to the hearts game at tynecastle.

What's the difference? Except Fan A got to see an extra Hibs game while Fan B had to freeze his bum off and riak his life on a bike - plus Hibs are £100 richer.

lol. You are a trier I’ll give you that

At the moment there is no difference ...to either fan.

Actually, unless you are a sponsor- where paying money to Hibs seems to give you access to high demand tickets

For me , it’s the fans who go to games that few want to go to. For example- Those who went to ICT for the cup tie after we had lost the league cup final - not only did they deserve priority for tickets they deserve a medal. Consistency of watching Hibs week in and week out , should earn the right to watch Hibs when tickets are hard to get

Your Fan B is a great (mad?? [emoji2]) person - very committed to the club - but donating to HSL, should give them no ticket rights...Fan A earns them - as he has gone to the game

Iggy Pope
10-01-2018, 05:44 PM
You made a statement about the fans reps which wasn’t necessary and I corrected you. You then went on to make unnecessary comments about my appearance.

Seems like that statement about one of the Fans Reps wasn't entirely unfounded after all. Systems and all that.

CallumLaidlaw
10-01-2018, 05:59 PM
Seems like that statement about one of the Fans Reps wasn't entirely unfounded after all. Systems and all that.

??? They both have away season tickets

Hibrandenburg
10-01-2018, 06:01 PM

Actually, unless you are a sponsor- where paying money to Hibs seems to give you access to high demand tickets

For me , it’s the fans who go to games that few want to go to. For example- Those who went to ICT for the cup tie after we had lost the league cup final - not only did they deserve priority for tickets they deserve a medal. Consistency of watching Hibs week in and week out , should earn the right to watch Hibs when tickets are hard to get

Your Fan B is a great (mad?? [emoji2]) person - very committed to the club - but donating to HSL, should give them no ticket rights...Fan A earns them - as he has gone to the game

I'd understand your argument if going to Hibs away games was like some kind of job or chore, but it's all done of your own free will and for your enjoyment. You could turn your argument around and say because you've had more than your fair share of watching Hibs it's time to give someone else a chance. :greengrin

Hermit Crab
10-01-2018, 06:03 PM
??? They both have away season tickets

That one rep upgrades the 2 child ones to adults then hands them out to neighbour and friend, aye, thats what the AST is for right enough.

Iggy Pope
10-01-2018, 06:07 PM
That one rep upgrades the 2 child ones to adults then hands them out to neighbour and friend, aye, thats what the AST is for right enough.

Saved me the bother. Ta.

ronaldo7
10-01-2018, 06:53 PM

And yet we have threads on here on a regular basis asking if anyone would like one of the spare tickets they have as their child can't make the match. You only have to upgrade it though.

Iggy Pope
10-01-2018, 06:56 PM
And yet we have threads on here on a regular basis asking if anyone would like one of the spare tickets they have as their child can't make the match. You only have to upgrade it though.

For Tynecastle?

ronaldo7
10-01-2018, 06:58 PM
For Tynecastle?

For any match. Same principle isn't it? Some are even doing Hibs out of money. It's a scandal I tell ye.

Iggy Pope
10-01-2018, 07:01 PM
For any match. Same principle isn't it? Some are even doing Hibs out of money. It's a scandal I tell ye.

I meant has there been such a thread on a game at Tynecastle. (Or Ibrox / Parkhead). Stand to be corrected, but I really don't think so.

ronaldo7
10-01-2018, 07:05 PM
I meant has there been such a thread on a game at Tynecastle. (Or Ibrox / Parkhead). Stand to be corrected, but I really don't think so.

Not seen one, but plenty of others for matches which do Hibs out of cash. Plenty folk have done it for Tiny, as they don't like taking their kids there, and so upgrade their ticket for one of their pals.

That's the system which is in place so, she's really not doing anything wrong is she?

ancient hibee
10-01-2018, 07:12 PM

Showing loyalty? Give her the points(or not I've forgotten which).

Iggy Pope
10-01-2018, 07:12 PM
Not seen one, but plenty of others for matches which do Hibs out of cash. Plenty folk have done it for Tiny, as they don't like taking their kids there, and so upgrade their ticket for one of their pals.

That's the system which is in place so, she's really not doing anything wrong is she?

Hold up. Is it right that she is quoted as doing this with the intention of helping her neighbour, so that said neighbour needn't trouble his / her self with the 'hassle' of trying for a ticket? The same hassle that most on here have thrown themselves into this morning? Uneasy behaviour to my mind for a board member, voluntary member or not. Blasé even that she is happy to reveal this.

bigwheel
10-01-2018, 07:20 PM
Hold up. Is it right that she is quoted as doing this with the intention of helping her neighbour, so that said neighbour needn't trouble his / her self with the 'hassle' of trying for a ticket? The same hassle that most on here have thrown themselves into this morning? Uneasy behaviour to my mind for a board member, voluntary member or not. Blasé even that she is happy to reveal this.

No, she definitely said she was holding one back for Iggy Pope on .Net...felt he was a fine recipient

HibsFife
10-01-2018, 07:21 PM
Loved the Interview!:nlgwa

ronaldo7
10-01-2018, 07:23 PM

I'm sure I've seen it on the board somewhere.:greengrin

Maybe she omitted to say her neighbour was a long standing season ticket holder.:dunno:

She's stayed within the rules as I can see it. She did us all a favour, by telling the neebs, not to bother going online, and save space for the rest of us.:wink:

bigwheel
10-01-2018, 07:23 PM
Loved the Interview!:nlgwa

you are being way too positive...welcome abroad -

ps must be a jambo! :kbacker:

Iggy Pope
10-01-2018, 07:25 PM

Maybe she omitted to say her neighbour was a long standing season ticket holder.:dunno:

She's stayed within the rules as I can see it. She did us all a favour, by telling the neebs, not to bother going online, and save space for the rest of us.:wink:

OK.

Iggy Pope
10-01-2018, 07:26 PM
No, she definitely said she was holding one back for Iggy Pope on .Net...felt he was a fine recipient

She's no need. Iggy is sorted this time.

Nakedmanoncrack
10-01-2018, 07:46 PM

Did find it surprising when she came out with those words in the podcast, not against the rules & lots of people probably do it, but when feelings are running high, and lots of us are having to go through that hassle to get a t8cket it doesn't look great in my opinion.

bigwheel
10-01-2018, 07:53 PM
Did find it surprising when she came out with those words in the podcast, not against the rules & lots of people probably do it, but when feelings are running high, and lots of us are having to go through that hassle to get a t8cket it doesn't look great in my opinion.

i thought it was nice too hear her being open about what she was doing with her away tickets...

Hermit Crab
10-01-2018, 07:53 PM

Are said neighbour and friend even STH's?

wookie70
10-01-2018, 07:55 PM
I must admit I listened to the whole pod cast and Tracey won me over. I'll take honest and naïve every day of the week over someone that keeps their cards close to their chest. I also happened across some of her Facebook replies and I think she is doing a good job trying to fight fires unfortunately she is getting handed a hose that sprays petrol from the board

bigwheel
10-01-2018, 07:55 PM

come on now...she is the away season ticket holder x 3....its absolutely fine what she did - let's not make an issue over it. Frankly, Tracey could have got herself a free ticket via her board role is she fancied it...

Hermit Crab
10-01-2018, 07:59 PM
come on now...she is the away season ticket holder x 3....its absolutely fine what she did - let's not make an issue over it. Frankly, Tracey could have got herself a free ticket via her board role is she fancied it...

Come on now, tickets are non transferable strictly speaking...

How do we know she didn't get another ticket through her board role?

I think it is an issue her doing that and the "singing section" getting tickets kept aside for them. Is it fair if they get tickets kept aside for Parkhead (allocation 1000 approx) or Ibrox (allocation 900 approx)? I don't think so.

bigwheel
10-01-2018, 08:02 PM

I think it is an issue her doing that and the "singing section" getting tickets kept aside for them. Is it fair idf they get tickets kept aside for Parkhead (1000 approx) or Ibrox (900 approx)? I don't think so.

two completely different points....

don't think there is anything to say "away season tickets" are not transferable - infact as you can upgrade them - clearly it is within the rules. Feel Tracey has simply been open - let's not discourage that..

agree with your singing section point - seems a strange decision

ronaldo7
10-01-2018, 08:04 PM

I think it is an issue her doing that and the "singing section" getting tickets kept aside for them. Is it fair if they get tickets kept aside for Parkhead (allocation 1000 approx) or Ibrox (allocation 900 approx)? I don't think so.

They are clearly transferable if they switch from being a child ticket to an adult.:wink:

Hermit Crab
10-01-2018, 08:05 PM
two completely different points....

don't think there is anything to say "away season tickets" are not transferable - infact as you can upgrade them - clearly it is within the rules. Feel Tracey has simply been open - let's not discourage that..

agree with your singing section point - seems a strange decision

Fair enough.

BH Hibs
10-01-2018, 09:08 PM
Just catching up on this thread and maybe I’m being thick or missing something but firstly how is it possible to upgrade a kids AST if the money is automatically debited from your account? Which raises the second point is it only her that is able to do so because of the position she has within the club?

BoomtownHibees
10-01-2018, 09:10 PM
Just catching up on this thread and maybe I’m being thick or missing something but firstly how is it possible to upgrade a kids AST if the money is automatically debited from your account? Which raises the second point is it only her that is able to do so because of the position she has within the club?

You would just need to call the TO before the cash was debited

BH Hibs
10-01-2018, 09:15 PM

As simple as that? Fair enough :greengrin.

Clerie Green
10-01-2018, 09:22 PM
What a load of red and white , back door gratuities !
Common sense really , nothing for nothing in this world .
Talk is cheap .
Come the revolution :aok:

CallumLaidlaw
10-01-2018, 09:33 PM
I don’t really understand why anyone has taken issue with this. The 2 tickets were taken anyway by her away season tickets. It hasn’t done anyone out of tickets. In fact, it may have saved another 2 being taken. Why are folk desperate to find fault with anything? We really don’t try to support our own do we!?

Thecat23
10-01-2018, 09:54 PM
I don’t really understand why anyone has taken issue with this. The 2 tickets were taken anyway by her away season tickets. It hasn’t done anyone out of tickets. In fact, it may have saved another 2 being taken. Why are folk desperate to find fault with anything? We really don’t try to support our own do we!?

Well said, some just happy to stick the boot in while throwing in a question to make it seem fine.

hibbysam
10-01-2018, 09:56 PM

I reckon you would probably speak to them after money debuted and pay the difference. Can’t see the TO changing price before money debuted as it would be a lot of hassle.

BoomtownHibees
10-01-2018, 09:59 PM
I reckon you would probably speak to them after money debuted and pay the difference. Can’t see the TO changing price before money debuted as it would be a lot of hassle.

It wouldn’t be any hassle at all. Would imagine it would be more hassle if they had already issued a kids ticket to then have to upgrade that to an adults one but only take the difference rather than the full amount.

hibbysam
10-01-2018, 10:08 PM
It wouldn’t be any hassle at all. Would imagine it would be more hassle if they had already issued a kids ticket to then have to upgrade that to an adults one but only take the difference rather than the full amount.

It’ll all be automated with amount and bank details, to change one amount would probably be hassle. They don’t issue tickets there and then, you collect them, so to rock up and pay the difference when collecting would be less hassle than amending a system which is all automated. All IMO of course. Not that it makes any difference lol it must be possible and fairly straight forward for it happen.

BoomtownHibees
10-01-2018, 10:10 PM
It’ll all be automated with amount and bank details, to change one amount would probably be hassle. They don’t issue tickets there and then, you collect them, so to rock up and pay the difference when collecting would be less hassle than amending a system which is all automated. All IMO of course. Not that it makes any difference lol it must be possible and fairly straight forward for it happen.

Yeah I would imagine it’s straight forward enough. As you say it makes no diff either way lol.

Just as an aside, the tickets can be sent out if requested 👍🏼

Danderhall Hibs
10-01-2018, 11:39 PM

Would that just be the first time?

kaimendhibs
11-01-2018, 02:09 AM

Your Fan B is a great (mad?? [emoji2]) person - very committed to the club - but donating to HSL, should give them no ticket rights...Fan A earns them - as he has gone to the gameCheers, I was up there. **** drive in a full Nissan Pixo too[emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Brooster
11-01-2018, 06:59 AM
Wow. Who misses out due to Tracy upgrading then passing to a friend? Nobody because her kids would potentially be going in any case. Who can begrudge her this miniscule 'perk' given the abuse she has to put up with on here. Would anyone bat an eyelid if it was for Ross County away? No.....but because its a derby you get the same self righteous few each time who like the sound of their own voices having a pop.

CallumLaidlaw
11-01-2018, 07:11 AM
Wow. Who misses out due to Tracy upgrading then passing to a friend? Nobody because her kids would potentially be going in any case. Who can begrudge her this miniscule 'perk' given the abuse she has to put up with on here. Would anyone bat an eyelid if it was for Ross County away? No.....but because its a derby you get the same self righteous few each time who like the sound of their own voices having a pop.

Agree 100% Brooster. Some folk could do with actually thinking about what they’re typing before hitting reply. Any opportunity to have a dig at folk.

lord bunberry
11-01-2018, 07:32 AM
:agree: Would people rather she left the 2 seats empty if she doesn’t take her kids to tynecastle? An away ST is a big financial commitment, and she can do what she likes with her tickets imo.

Beefster
11-01-2018, 09:03 AM
Who can begrudge her this miniscule 'perk' given the abuse she has to put up with on here.

I couldn’t care less about tickets but there seems to be this myth taking hold that the fans reps have to put up with scandalous abuse on here. The only ‘abuse’ that I’m aware of [recently, at least] is someone calling them “thick” before swiftly being shot down and editing the post to remove the word. Ffs, if I get through a day with ‘thick’ being the worst thing I’ve been called by Mrs and Mini-Beefster then it’s been a great day.

hibsbollah
11-01-2018, 09:17 AM
I couldn’t care less about tickets but there seems to be this myth taking hold that the fans reps have to put up with scandalous abuse on here. The only ‘abuse’ that I’m aware of [recently, at least] is someone calling them “thick” before swiftly being shot down and editing the post to remove the word. Ffs, if I get through a day with ‘thick’ being the worst thing I’ve been called by Mrs and Mini-Beefster then it’s been a great day.

See, this is what irritates me. The two reps were interviewed about a crucial meeting, of vital importance to loads of Hibs fans, and in my opinion and the opinion of many others came across like they didn't know their brief, hadn't prepared and didn't have the skills to do what they were supposed to be doing. Now, it's a thin line between saying that and saying that they sounded 'thick', but it's true. It's not 'abuse' to point this out.

Nakedmanoncrack
11-01-2018, 09:41 AM
See, this is what irritates me. The two reps were interviewed about a crucial meeting, of vital importance to loads of Hibs fans, and in my opinion and the opinion of many others came across like they didn't know their brief, hadn't prepared and didn't have the skills to do what they were supposed to be doing. Now, it's a thin line between saying that and saying that they sounded 'thick', but it's true. It's not 'abuse' to point this out.

You are obviously correct, however someone will no doubt be along to 'abuse' you for stating the obvious!

Ozyhibby
11-01-2018, 09:50 AM
Most fans transfer their tickets at some time or other. There really is no issue here.

ronaldo7
13-01-2018, 03:54 PM

Tracey has responded regarding this question on another thread. :aok:

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?327554-Top-Tips-for-getting-Derby-Tickets/page3

barcahibs
12-10-2018, 05:10 PM
Same issue I always have whenever the 'loyalty' scheme issue comes up. Define loyalty.

I don't see why fans who are able to go to away games regularly are any more loyal than fans who don't have that opportunity.

I didn't see any problem last time with HSL payments getting you loyalty points (and I wasn't affected either way at the time so no personal axe to grind here).

I don't understand folk acting like its some sort of hardship that they go to away games and they should be rewarded for it? Your reward for going to see Hibs playing an away game is ... that you got to go see Hibs playing an away game. Nothing else. There are many fans who would love to go to more games but who cannot due to time, family, money, etc. Just because one fan is able to get to more games than another doesn't make them a better fan or more deserving of anything.

If there is to be a loyalty scheme (and I don't think there should be) it should be open for much more than just away game attendance.

The only fans that should be singled out for 'perks' are those who pay their money blind and upfront at the start of the season - season ticket holders.

SON OF PADDY
13-10-2018, 01:04 PM
Same issue I always have whenever the 'loyalty' scheme issue comes up. Define loyalty.

I don't see why fans who are able to go to away games regularly are any more loyal than fans who don't have that opportunity.

I didn't see any problem last time with HSL payments getting you loyalty points (and I wasn't affected either way at the time so no personal axe to grind here).

I don't understand folk acting like its some sort of hardship that they go to away games and they should be rewarded for it? Your reward for going to see Hibs playing an away game is ... that you got to go see Hibs playing an away game. Nothing else. There are many fans who would love to go to more games but who cannot due to time, family, money, etc. Just because one fan is able to get to more games than another doesn't make them a better fan or more deserving of anything.

If there is to be a loyalty scheme (and I don't think there should be) it should be open for much more than just away game attendance.

The only fans that should be singled out for 'perks' are those who pay their money blind and upfront at the start of the season - season ticket holders.

👌🏻👏👏👏👏👏👏

My_Wife_Camille
13-10-2018, 03:43 PM

That’s why a simple change to ‘attendance points’ would solve a huge part of it.

Attending the games where supply outstrips demand gets you attendance points to give you first dibs to attend games when there demand outstrips supply.

No more semantics and twisted interpretations of the word ‘loyalty’.

hibbysam
13-10-2018, 10:11 PM

And your ‘perk’ for buying a season ticket is... you get to attend every single home game... If you buy a season ticket for Easter Road so that your in a lottery for 6 games a season then I’d imagine your buying it for the wrong reasons.

Brizo
14-10-2018, 06:17 AM
Can they give specific examples of things that have been achieved that would not have been had the fans reps role not being created?

:agree:

I can't think of any fan led issues that the reps have taken to the Board which the Board have acted on because of their intervention

On that basis, while I appreciate they do a lot of good work in the Hibs community, their positions on the Board are pretty meaningless.

bigwheel
14-10-2018, 08:35 AM

I can't think of any fan led issues that the reps have taken to the Board which the Board have acted on because of their intervention

On that basis, while I appreciate they do a lot of good work in the Hibs community, their positions on the Board are pretty meaningless.

I've a more supportive view than that - I think that the board will definitely have a better understanding of the views of the fan base on a whole range of topics by having those two in board meetings... they have certainly done a whole set of small yet important things about helping individual circumstances that would have been likely less possible without their close ties to the club.

That said, I would say the communication (i.e. the voice of the club back to the fans) is still lacking as to what it could be...they could help more on this..still not got it right..

Hermit Crab
14-10-2018, 11:01 PM
That’s why a simple change to ‘attendance points’ would solve a huge part of it.

Attending the games where supply outstrips demand gets you attendance points to give you first dibs to attend games when there demand outstrips supply.

No more semantics and twisted interpretations of the word ‘loyalty’.

Ticket points is maybe a better term.

My_Wife_Camille
14-10-2018, 11:17 PM
Ticket points is maybe a better term.
Either or mate. The general point being that the actual issue at hand keeps on being forgotten and/or ignored because people become more interested in the various ways they can twist the word ‘loyalty’ to suit them.

Forza Fred
14-10-2018, 11:25 PM

Firstly, this comment is aimed at the 'concept' of Fans Board Reps and NOT in any way a criticism of current incumbents' or past ones for that matter.

Surely, being a board member, by its very requirements, puts the individuals in a position where they are limited in how far they can 'push' a cer ian issue, or even communicate their opposition to a course of action once agreed at board level, due to the 'cabinet solidarity' factor, where as a Board member they are required to present a united front.

I think their role as 'advocates' for the supporters, would be easier outside of the boardroom.....whereby any issues they may unsuccessfully put to the board....they can openly discuss and explain why they do NOT agree with the decision of the board, instead of having to bite their tongue.

Fans frequently don't agree with their boards...at any level....but a 'liaison' type role, where they could give the feedback they wanted, would probably result in less critical comments on them.

Having said that, good luck to them, it is a tremendous personal honour to be a board member of the football club, and I know both members work very hard for the football club...in fact Tracey's assistance recently for us far off fans has reached 'legend' status.

Any 'fault' in the concept lies with the design, not with the two elected members.

macca70
14-10-2018, 11:35 PM

Nonsense, so buying a season ticket gives you Uber fan status but travelling to away games doesn’t give you any additional qudos?!!

Forza Fred
15-10-2018, 12:20 AM
As far as loyalty points go, living on the other side of the globe I don't have a horse in the race so speak.

While I don't go to games now, I do spend a fortune in the shop etc, but being now on a fixed, or no income, I do not contribute to HSL....but was one of the original donators in Dougie Cromb's time and have seen my name on the wall..

Having said all that, even if I DID contribute more financially, my view would be that it should solely be for people who actually go to games, whether home or away....and season ticket holders would count as being at every home game.

I watch every game on Hibs TV and pay for the privilege of that, but wouldn't see that as being part of the equation either.

Can't help but think we over complicated what should be a simple issue....people who go to games should get priority based on the number of games they have paid to attend.

Brizo
15-10-2018, 05:56 AM
Firstly, this comment is aimed at the 'concept' of Fans Board Reps and NOT in any way a criticism of current incumbents' or past ones for that matter.

Surely, being a board member, by its very requirements, puts the individuals in a position where they are limited in how far they can 'push' a cer ian issue, or even communicate their opposition to a course of action once agreed at board level, due to the 'cabinet solidarity' factor, where as a Board member they are required to present a united front.

I think their role as 'advocates' for the supporters, would be easier outside of the boardroom.....whereby any issues they may unsuccessfully put to the board....they can openly discuss and explain why they do NOT agree with the decision of the board, instead of having to bite their tongue.

Fans frequently don't agree with their boards...at any level....but a 'liaison' type role, where they could give the feedback they wanted, would probably result in less critical comments on them.

Having said that, good luck to them, it is a tremendous personal honour to be a board member of the football club, and I know both members work very hard for the football club...in fact Tracey's assistance recently for us far off fans has reached 'legend' status.

Any 'fault' in the concept lies with the design, not with the two elected members.

Totally agree.

Its great to hear that they have done so well for the overseas guys and I do know and appreciate the amount of work they've done for individual fans. Its their ability to represent the fans over any bigger issues that I have concerns with.

As you say , in the Boardroom they are bound by collective responsibility, and consequently have to tow the party line. That's why I think their Board positions make their ability to represent fans on issues that the Board might disagree with more or less impossible.

They would be far more effective in the role you envisage, which would allow them to act autonomously as club appointed supporter liaison officers outside the Boardroom. The Board could have structured things this way. However in my opinion a reason the "concept" might have been set up this way could be so that the reps are inside the tent and that any fan led issues brought to the boardroom by them can be muzzled through collective responsibility.

That's why I think the concept as it is, makes the fans rep roles, more or less a cosmetic exercise.

jacomo
15-10-2018, 08:31 AM

Loyalty, in this instance, is a way for the club to encourage more regular attendance, drive revenue and at times manage situations where demand exceeds supply.

Don’t take it too personally. No one is saying you are less of a fan.

CMurdoch
15-10-2018, 11:29 AM
Totally agree.

Its great to hear that they have done so well for the overseas guys and I do know and appreciate the amount of work they've done for individual fans. Its their ability to represent the fans over any bigger issues that I have concerns with.

As you say , in the Boardroom they are bound by collective responsibility, and consequently have to tow the party line. That's why I think their Board positions make their ability to represent fans on issues that the Board might disagree with more or less impossible.

They would be far more effective in the role you envisage, which would allow them to act autonomously as club appointed supporter liaison officers outside the Boardroom. The Board could have structured things this way. However in my opinion a reason the "concept" might have been set up this way could be so that the reps are inside the tent and that any fan led issues brought to the boardroom by them can be muzzled through collective responsibility.

That's why I think the concept as it is, makes the fans rep roles, more or less a cosmetic exercise.

I agree.Miss Dempster is a shrewd operator and will have had all the angles worked out before letting "fans reps" anywhere close.
The 3 most constant moans from the louder fans for the last 3 years have been loyalty points, the PA system in the East and the poor quality catering.
All 3 will have been brought up by the reps and they will have been expertly fobbed off by the board.
My guesses are Leanne obviously thinks the loyalty system is more bother than it is worth, the PA system is too expensive to improve, catering i am not so sure about.
Leanne is very pragmatic and strong which is why we like her so much but it is the same Leanne that won't do what she doesn't want to do if she doesn't think it is the right thing. The fans reps do good things but it is naive to expect the board to allow them real influence.

Iggy Pope
15-10-2018, 01:57 PM

It’s covered on the other current thread and I’ve suggested this a hundred times including to LD herself.
Calling it a ‘loyalty’ scheme was a very bad idea indeed.
Call it the Away Tickets Points Scheme and the above complaint goes away. It should only ever be about ST holders who are also travelling fans and the tranche system worked in that respect.