PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: BUYING TICKETS ONLINE: FAQS

RSS Bot
05-01-2018, 05:10 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/8296)

Carheenlea
05-01-2018, 05:18 PM
Does this mean that no queues start before noon? Trying to get onto the site itself has been problematic if not logged in a good bit in advance from my experience.

"The tickets will not be listed online until 12pm on Wednesday 10 January, at which point the website will automatically refresh. If you are on our e-ticketing site at this time, please note that this will reset the online queue as a result of the refresh to list the fixture."

Hermit Crab
05-01-2018, 05:19 PM
Does this mean that no queues start before noon? Trying to get onto the site itself has been problematic if not logged in a good bit in advance from my experience.

"The tickets will not be listed online until 12pm on Wednesday 10 January, at which point the website will automatically refresh. If you are on our e-ticketing site at this time, please note that this will reset the online queue as a result of the refresh to list the fixture."

I think that means you get bumped off the site if you're logged in prior to 12pm

Billy Whizz
05-01-2018, 05:37 PM
I think that means you get bumped off the site if you're logged in prior to 12pm

😳

marinello59
05-01-2018, 06:48 PM

That should stop people logged in on multiple devices from clogging up the system.

Billy Whizz
05-01-2018, 06:56 PM
That should stop people logged in on multiple devices from clogging up the system.

Pretty good shout. There must be a way of only being able to be signed in, on one device

Hermit Crab
05-01-2018, 06:59 PM

I don't see how multiple devices will benefit anyone as its the same wifi you're using in your house so surely it just slows down the wifi having 2, 3, 4 devices all connected to wifi all trying to do the same thing?

green day
05-01-2018, 07:04 PM
I don't see how multiple devices will benefit anyone as its the same wifi you're using in your house so surely it just slows down the wifi having 2, 3, 4 devices all connected to wifi all trying to do the same thing?

Laptop on WiFi, phone on 4g

Hermit Crab
05-01-2018, 07:33 PM
Laptop on WiFi, phone on 4g

4G isn't really any good though is it and the tickets site is certainly not mobile friendly.

Billy Whizz
05-01-2018, 07:41 PM
4G isn't really any good though is it and the tickets site is certainly not mobile friendly.

Surprised you say that, I buy all my online tickets, when I need them via my phone 4g, as I can’t guarantee I’ll be near my PC or an internet connection

danhibees1875
05-01-2018, 07:48 PM

But without loads of people logging on multiple times we might not be able to complain about the systems being slow! :rules:

wookie70
05-01-2018, 07:51 PM
I have had better luck on my phone than on my pc. I'll be edging my bets with multiple devices some signed in before noon some on noon. I doubt there have been any changes to the way Ticketmaster works. I fully expect there to be no rhyme or reason to what device gets in first and then a complete crab shoot as to getting to ticket depending which section you choose. If they just sell all tickets rather than drop downs for each section then it will be a massive improvement.

I would be interested to hear how many tickets will be going on sale. That shouldn't be a secret.

SRHibs
05-01-2018, 07:53 PM

These websites don’t use a lot of bandwidth - it’s the site itself that is slow due to the number of people connecting. 4 devices connected to WiFi shouldn’t cause any noticeable slowdown.