PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: BLAKE AND STIRLING LOAN DEALS CANCELLED

RSS Bot
05-01-2018, 04:10 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/8295)

Billy Whizz
05-01-2018, 04:15 PM
Good news for Ben

Carheenlea
05-01-2018, 04:19 PM
Where does Ben Stirling play and how far away from first team is be reckoned to be?

Billy Whizz
05-01-2018, 04:24 PM
Where does Ben Stirling play and how far away from first team is be reckoned to be?

He’s currently playing central/holding midfielder. Hibs think that where his best position currently is. Strong and good in the tackle.
He’s mostly played right back, left back, or centre half, so very versatile
I know Lennnon’s been impressed with him of late, hence his call up to train with the 1st team, along with Shaw, Murray and Porteous
Should never have gone to Cowdenbeath in the 1st place

Hope Andrew Blake gets fit as soon as possible

Mikey
Good news for Ben

Sounds like he's going to be in contention for the first team.

Ozyhibby
Shaw got a new deal as well. 3 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carheenlea
05-01-2018, 04:26 PM
He’s currently playing central/holding midfielder. Hibs think that where his best position currently is. Strong and good in the tackle.
I know Lennnon’s been impressed with him of late, hence his call up to train with the 1st team, along with Shaw, Murray and Porteous

Thanks Billy.

Since90+2
05-01-2018, 04:29 PM
Stirling possibly called up to bolster midfield options with the likelyhood someone is going to be away in January possibly?

Tug Wilson
05-01-2018, 05:36 PM
Stirling possibly called up to bolster midfield options with the likelyhood someone is going to be away in January possibly?

Or he is in to provide fullback cover?

CockneyRebel
05-01-2018, 05:38 PM
Or he is in to provide fullback cover?

Good call.

Mibbes Aye
05-01-2018, 05:42 PM

As posted on the PM board, he very much looked the part in the dev games I've seen him in. Other players like Martin and Crane caught the eye because they were busy, but Ben always looked very assured. He and Oli were the pick of the bunch for me. Hopefully he gets a chance to contribute as a squad player in the second half of the season.

The_Horde
05-01-2018, 05:47 PM

In to cover for Bartleys imminent operation..

Stuart93
05-01-2018, 05:53 PM

Really? First I've heard of an op for marv

Mikey09
05-01-2018, 06:11 PM
As posted on the PM board, he very much looked the part in the dev games I've seen him in. Other players like Martin and Crane caught the eye because they were busy, but Ben always looked very assured. He and Oli were the pick of the bunch for me. Hopefully he gets a chance to contribute as a squad player in the second half of the season.

Spot on mate. Ben is a very good footballer. Great on the ball, likes a tackle and hardly wastes a pass. Only thing I would say is he needs to have more belief in his own ability. Oh, and such a nice lad.

CMurdoch
05-01-2018, 06:52 PM

???

MKHIBEE
05-01-2018, 07:29 PM

Is that the one he will need to remove Walker from his pocket after the cup game?

Tug Wilson
06-01-2018, 04:17 PM

The great thing at Hibs just now is that we have a very settled squad with quality throughout.

It makes for a great atmosphere to bring in youngsters and gently feed them in to gain experience without too much pressure.

Hopefully gone are the days of parachuting in players like Sam Stanton, Danny Handling, Callum Booth and Alex Harris and praying they will turn things around. Each had some good games but the pressure on them to carry the team was too much to ask.

Bit like our neighbours with their wonder kid 16 year olds. You can not ask these guys to consistently deliver.

Good to see Hibs bringing through young players with a view to their development and long term career.

Mibbes Aye
06-01-2018, 04:46 PM
The great thing at Hibs just now is that we have a very settled squad with quality throughout.

It makes for a great atmosphere to bring in youngsters and gently feed them in to gain experience without too much pressure.

Hopefully gone are the days of parachuting in players like Sam Stanton, Danny Handling, Callum Booth and Alex Harris and praying they will turn things around. Each had some good games but the pressure on them to carry the team was too much to ask.

Bit like our neighbours with their wonder kid 16 year olds. You can not ask these guys to consistently deliver.

Good to see Hibs bringing through young players with a view to their development and long term career.

Good post. Ryan Porteous probably exemplifies your point. He's getting opportunities around the first team but not because we have to, because we want to, and it's at a pace that is good for his development.

Tug Wilson
06-01-2018, 05:21 PM
Good post. Ryan Porteous probably exemplifies your point. He's getting opportunities around the first team but not because we have to, because we want to, and it's at a pace that is good for his development.

It is always a balance. No point having a youth system if you do not create opportunities for the best of them to come through.

Agree that the blooding of Porteous has been well managed. He has all the makings of a quality centre half but it is a position where experience really counts. Look how Paul Hanlon has begun to blossom into a great defender after some difficult years when still very young.

Now we are able to bring Ryan through without the same pressures and also playing beside some real quality defenders.

theonlywayisup
06-01-2018, 06:47 PM
It is always a balance. No point having a youth system if you do not create opportunities for the best of them to come through.

Agree that the blooding of Porteous has been well managed. He has all the makings of a quality centre half but it is a position where experience really counts. Look how Paul Hanlon has begun to blossom into a great defender after some difficult years when still very young.

Now we are able to bring Ryan through without the same pressures and also playing beside some real quality defenders.

He's one of the best prospects I've seen playing for Hibs. He's going to play at a much higher level than the Scottish Premiership.

Mibbes Aye
06-01-2018, 07:48 PM

I think this is the critical point. He can look to Hanlon, who was similarly brought in at an early age and ahead of most of his peers, and learn from his experience.

He's also got Whittaker and Ambrose, a mix of top-flight English experience, European experience and international experience, and no shortage of medals, to help him develop.

And that's not to downplay the other defenders - Lewis, Darren and SDG consistently demonstrate superbly professional attitudes on the pitch and that is a great culture for a young player to absorb.