PDA

View Full Version : 8 Hibs Players Out of Contract

CMurdoch
03-01-2018, 08:17 PM
The Glasgow Herald states we have the following players out of contract at the end of the season.
Dylan McGeough already has his own thread.
What are your thoughts on the others?
Who should be allowed to leave and who should we offer new contracts?

Liam Fontaine
Dylan McGeouch
Lewis Allan
Sam Stanton
Callum Crane

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/15769605.Every_Scottish_Premiership_star_in_the_fi nal_six_months_of_their_contract/

*Note - the Herald list is wrong,
Ryan Porteous is contracted until summer of 2022
Scott Martin until summer 2020
Fraser Murray until summer 2019*

Heisenberg
03-01-2018, 08:18 PM
Don’t think Porteous and Murray are out of contract.

Sir David Gray
03-01-2018, 08:19 PM
McGeouch's a must, I would definitely offer Fraser Murray and Ryan Porteous new deals as well and Fontaine's a 'maybe'.

I'm not bothered about the rest.

The Sundance Kid
03-01-2018, 08:21 PM
The Glasgow Herald states we have the following players out of contract at the end of the season.

Liam Fontaine
Dylan McGeouch
Ryan Porteous
Fraser Murray
Lewis Allan
Sam Stanton
Scott Martin
Callum Crane

Pretty sure that Porteous is contracted until 2022 and Martin until 2020

3pm
03-01-2018, 08:21 PM
Dylan, Porteous and Murray.

The rest will be away IMO.

AgentDaleCooper
03-01-2018, 08:23 PM
long term, porteous is just as important as mcgeouch IMO

Hi Heid Yin
03-01-2018, 08:24 PM

Liam Fontaine
Dylan McGeouch
Ryan Porteous
Fraser Murray
Lewis Allan
Sam Stanton
Scott Martin
Callum Crane

In this order (of priority) I would offer new contracts to
McGeouch
Porteous
Fontaine
Crane
Murray

CMurdoch
03-01-2018, 08:29 PM
Don’t think Porteous and Murray are out of contract.

Found a site that says they are.
Could it be the Glasgow Herald has taken the info from the same site.
Can't believe Porteous would be left up for grabs

bigwheel
03-01-2018, 08:29 PM
Dylan, Porteous and Murray.

The rest will be away IMO.

Yep. That’s where I am

Unseen work
03-01-2018, 08:31 PM
Mcgeouch, Porteous and Murray 100%

I really like Scott Martin but unfortunately can’t see him lasting.

All the others should be off.

I loved Fontaine at the start but there is no spcace for him in the squad now imo.

Heisenberg
03-01-2018, 08:32 PM

This is all I can find on the Hibs site...

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/7208

Sure Porteous signed a 5 year deal.

CMurdoch
03-01-2018, 08:32 PM
I was sure Scott Martin had a contract until 2020

CMurdoch
03-01-2018, 08:37 PM
Also thought Porteous was offered a long term contract extension at the start of 2017.

FitbaFolkKen
03-01-2018, 08:45 PM
https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/scottish-championship/444058/hibs-make-moves-to-tie-up-some-of-their-brightest-prospects-on-extended-deals/

Putting 2+2 together it looks like Martin until 2020 and Porteous to 2022

B.H.F.C
03-01-2018, 08:59 PM
McGeouch
Porteous
Fontaine
Crane
Murray

Crane will be 22 at the end of this season and is absolutely nowhere near the first team. Not a chance he will be offered a deal IMO.

CMurdoch
03-01-2018, 09:10 PM
https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/scottish-championship/444058/hibs-make-moves-to-tie-up-some-of-their-brightest-prospects-on-extended-deals/

Putting 2+2 together it looks like Martin until 2020 and Porteous to 2022

That is the only media piece I can find which gives any numbers, even if the Porteous reference only states that a contract has been offered.
Think the Herald journalist has grabbed his erroneous contract information from tranfermarkt.co.uk
Journalists are crap these days. Seem to do their research online without checking up it is correct before publishing it.

CMurdoch
03-01-2018, 09:29 PM
List Reduced to 6 (unless u know that Fraser, Lewis or Callum are signed up beyond the summer!!!)

Liam Fontaine
Dylan McGeouch
Fraser Murray
Lewis Allan
Sam Stanton
Callum Crane

The Leith Dutch
03-01-2018, 09:32 PM
Crane will be 22 at the end of this season and is absolutely nowhere near the first team. Not a chance he will be offered a deal IMO.

Completely agree.
He didn't look like getting the nod in his position even when Stevenson was out as I recall.

Would also have Murray above Fontaine (and Crane obviously given first comment).

Looks a crack8ng prospect based on what we've seen.

calumhibee1
03-01-2018, 09:33 PM
List Reduced to 6 (unless u know that Fraser, Lewis or Callum are signed up beyond the summer!!!)

Liam Fontaine
Dylan McGeouch
Fraser Murray
Lewis Allan
Sam Stanton
Callum Crane

Dylan needs to stay. Fraser Murray I'd be very disappointed if we let go, really liked the look of him at the end of last season. Will be sad to see the back of Fonts but think with Porteous coming through he's probably surplus to requirements. Allan, Stanton and Crane haven't shown anything to suggest they'll be anywhere near good enough and should be allowed to leave.

Ronniekirk
03-01-2018, 09:49 PM
I know Fontaine has been injured but he is fit now and cant get any game time so cant see him wanting to stay unless the situation changes
Stanton will be freed as will Crane and Lewis Allan
Hibs are in discussions with Dylan and McGinn to try and persuade them to sign new contracts To date neither has
There has been media speculation previously re interest in Dylan so i would imagine his agent wont want him signing a new contract until they see if there is a bid comes in for him
Worry would be he signs a pre contract for another Club He has only recently proved his fitness again so can understand why Hibs didn't offer extension sooner

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big L
03-01-2018, 09:58 PM
I heard that Dylan has only been offered a 1yr extension, and he's looking for a longer deal. Don't know how good the info is.

Stuart93
03-01-2018, 10:03 PM
I heard that Dylan has only been offered a 1yr extension, and he's looking for a longer deal. Don't know how good the info is.

See the logic in that...this is his only injury free season thus far

Forza Fred
03-01-2018, 10:26 PM
I'm obviously not in a position to challenge the opinion of those coaching professionals at East Mains who will eventually decide who goes and who stays, but every time I have seen Crane play I thought he would be Lewis's successor.

Was mightily impressed by his potential, and think we may regret letting him leave, if that happens.

monktonharp
03-01-2018, 10:49 PM
That is the only media piece I can find which gives any numbers, even if the Porteous reference only states that a contract has been offered.
Think the Herald journalist has grabbed his erroneous contract information from tranfermarkt.co.uk
Journalists are crap these days. Seem to do their research online without checking up it is correct before publishing it.all the 2's dinky doo

Sir David Gray
03-01-2018, 10:49 PM
I'm obviously not in a position to challenge the opinion of those coaching professionals at East Mains who will eventually decide who goes and who stays, but every time I have seen Crane play I thought he would be Lewis's successor.

Was mightily impressed by his potential, and think we may regret letting him leave, if that happens.

Lewis Stevenson is only just coming up for 30 and isn't showing any signs that he'll be leaving Hibs any time soon, in fact he just signed another contract at the end of last season, so he could potentially be in the team for another 4 or 5 years.

By that time Crane would be about 26 or 27. I can't see him wanting to be a bit part player until that age and I can't see Hibs keeping him until then either.

If his contract is up in the summer, I would expect him to be released.

Eyrie
03-01-2018, 11:06 PM

All of us have made similar comments about youngsters who don't get a new contract, but how often have we been proven right as the player in question then does better elsewhere?

It's a very, very short list.

Brightside
03-01-2018, 11:14 PM

That list is bollocks tbh.

Firestarter
03-01-2018, 11:14 PM
Fontaine will be gone in the window. He's got the chance of coaching and a club down South west.

Brightside
03-01-2018, 11:16 PM
Stanton Crane and Allen wont the offered new deals, either will Scott Martin.

Ryan P is all signed up.

bookert
03-01-2018, 11:18 PM
McGeouch
Porteous
Fontaine
Crane
Murraybut not stanton who starts every game for Dundee Utd and as a midfielder scores goals.

TelaStella
04-01-2018, 01:22 AM
can't see it but I really hope we keep Fontaine.

danhibees1875
04-01-2018, 04:25 AM
but not stanton who starts every game for Dundee Utd and as a midfielder scores goals.

Goal scoring midfielders are surplus to requirements. :wink:

Forza Fred
04-01-2018, 05:47 AM
Lewis Stevenson is only just coming up for 30 and isn't showing any signs that he'll be leaving Hibs any time soon, in fact he just signed another contract at the end of last season, so he could potentially be in the team for another 4 or 5 years.

By that time Crane would be about 26 or 27. I can't see him wanting to be a bit part player until that age and I can't see Hibs keeping him until then either.

If his contract is up in the summer, I would expect him to be released.

I'll safely predict that Lewis won't be playing for Hibs at the age of 34!

J-C
04-01-2018, 05:52 AM
but not stanton who starts every game for Dundee Utd and as a midfielder scores goals.

Out of all the recent younger players I've seen Stanton was the one I thought would make it at Hibs, he had all the attributes to be a scoring midfielder, just needed to add that bit of strength to his game. Is this prolonged run at Dundee U too little too late for Sammy, it looks like it.

GoalsMcGinley
04-01-2018, 08:02 AM
Fraser Murray signed a 5 year deal last summer. That list is mostly dog dirt.

staunchhibby
04-01-2018, 08:18 AM
I think Sam will possibly remain at United getting a game and is happy.

Stokesy's on fire
04-01-2018, 09:07 AM
Dylan is a major must i hope Hibs don't waste any time on this and get it done ASAP.

a few people saying Stanton won't be offered a new deal. Stantons doing very well for Dundee United i wouldn't rule out a 1 year deal.

Eric
04-01-2018, 09:27 AM
Have they not got Fraser Murray mixed up with Innes Murray whose contract expires at the end of this season and is at present on loan to Stenhousemuir?

MyJo
04-01-2018, 09:39 AM
I'll safely predict that Lewis won't be playing for Hibs at the age of 34!

He will be managing us by then :wink:

SChibs
04-01-2018, 02:13 PM
Out of all the recent younger players I've seen Stanton was the one I thought would make it at Hibs, he had all the attributes to be a scoring midfielder, just needed to add that bit of strength to his game. Is this prolonged run at Dundee U too little too late for Sammy, it looks like it.

I spoke to a ex hibs player a few weeks ago and he said are ton is a very good player and described his left foot as a wand. He thought his problem was he didn't have an actual position so it was hard for him to nail down a place.

J-C
04-01-2018, 03:04 PM
I spoke to a ex hibs player a few weeks ago and he said are ton is a very good player and described his left foot as a wand. He thought his problem was he didn't have an actual position so it was hard for him to nail down a place.

I seem to remember Sammy either playing out wide left/right but hardly ever as the attacking midfielder he really is, Sammy is another of the James McDonaugh era, technically very talented but lacked that physical and mental strength needed to go to the top, you can add Handling and Booth to that list.

HoboHarry
04-01-2018, 03:08 PM
I seem to remember Sammy either playing out wide left/right but hardly ever as the attacking midfielder he really is, Sammy is another of the James McDonaugh era, technically very talented but lacked that physical and mental strength needed to go to the top, you can add Handling and Booth to that list.
Callum Booth that was playing premiership football with Partick after leaving us while we were in the Championship?

J-C
04-01-2018, 03:18 PM
Callum Booth that was playing premiership football with Partick after leaving us while we were in the Championship?

The very same but it took a while for Callum to find his feet in the game.

Between 2010-15, Callum went on loan to Arbroath, Brechin, Livindston, Raith and finally Partick, he played 40 times for Hibs but he always seemed to lack that something in his game. A very gifted left foot and going forward very decent but he always lacked strength and defence was never his strongest point.

Is he good enough for where we want to be and has he came back to haunt us, the answer is no and releasing him was the correct call at the time, fair play to him for carving out a decent career at Partick.

NAE NOOKIE
04-01-2018, 03:56 PM

Liam Fontaine
Dylan McGeouch
Ryan Porteous
Fraser Murray
Lewis Allan
Sam Stanton
Scott Martin
Callum Crane

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/15769605.Every_Scottish_Premiership_star_in_the_fi nal_six_months_of_their_contract/

*Note - the list is wrong, Ryan Porteous is contracted until summer of 2022 & Scott Martin until summer 2020*

Dylan is a must keep, lets hope he doesn't get a decent offer from elsewhere ... given his injury free start to the season I would certainly take a risk with a two year offer.

Fontaine .... Has never let us down, but with the cover we have at CH and young Porteous looking like the real deal it could be Hibs wont try too hard to keep him, I also think he would jump at an offer from down south, especially if it gives him a shot at coaching ..... always a Hibs legend whatever he does.

Stanton ..... He will always have a career with his ability, but after all this time I don't think it will be at Hibs, I think we will let him go.

Murray .... I cant believe Hibs will let him go, certain to be offered a contract I would have thought, there's real potential there IMO.

Crane .... Even when Stevenson has been out Lennon would rather put round pegs in square holes than play him, I think he will do OK in the game, but not at Hibs ... another Callum Booth and he hasn't done too bad.

Allan ..... Its hard to say with him, his progress has been hampered by serious illness so perhaps Hibs will stick with him for another year to see how he does ... though I can see us letting him go.

Onceinawhile
04-01-2018, 06:34 PM
Why would fonts, with a Settled wife and with a kid settled at school jump at moving down south? Especially when he clearly loves it at hibs.

Stuart93
04-01-2018, 06:43 PM
The very same but it took a while for Callum to find his feet in the game.

Between 2010-15, Callum went on loan to Arbroath, Brechin, Livindston, Raith and finally Partick, he played 40 times for Hibs but he always seemed to lack that something in his game. A very gifted left foot and going forward very decent but he always lacked strength and defence was never his strongest point.

Is he good enough for where we want to be and has he came back to haunt us, the answer is no and releasing him was the correct call at the time, fair play to him for carving out a decent career at Partick.

Imagine a hybrid...defensive qualities of Lewis Stevenson and the attacking qualities of Callum booth

Mikey
04-01-2018, 06:45 PM
Have they not got Fraser Murray mixed up with Innes Murray whose contract expires at the end of this season and is at present on loan to Stenhousemuir?

Any idea when Fraser's contract runs to?

:wink:

indiejak1413
04-01-2018, 07:11 PM
I think Fonts will leave. The guy wants 1st team football and he's not getting any younger. Dylan will go aswell ,he's doesn't owe anybody anything and needs to be the focal point of a team. Stanton will leave. He's got skill in abundance and will do well wherever he goes. IMO he could've been given more of a chance to show what he can do. I personally think he was hung out to dry by Stubbs. Fair play to Stanton he didn't take the pay off he was offered and hung in there to see out his contract. Crane I hear has been verbally offered another contract but the coaching staff want him to play in midfield. I understand he's played well for 20s in a deep midfield role. F Murray is going to be given more time to develope, an outstanding prospect.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Iggy Pope
04-01-2018, 07:32 PM

Now now. He got paid off like a number of them and then did well to find himself a deal at a smaller club on lower wages. Like Paul Cairney did.

Eric
04-01-2018, 08:03 PM
Any idea when Fraser's contract runs to?

:wink:
End season 18-19 Mikey.:thumbsup:

Nameless
04-01-2018, 08:14 PM
Why would fonts, with a Settled wife and with a kid settled at school jump at moving down south? Especially when he clearly loves it at hibs.His wife and kid may be settled, but I don't think it is in Edinburgh. His recent interview in the EEN he spoke about how he kept his spirits up during his rehab, and mentioned that he only had his dog for company.

Edit - the story was in the EEN on 6th Dec, and this was the opening paragraph ;

"Wednesday 06 December 2017

Sitting at home with the four walls closing in and only his dog Roman for company, Liam Fontaine admits he began to go “stir crazy” after being hit by a second serious injury in the space of just seven months.

BH Hibs
05-01-2018, 12:57 PM
They were living in Bathgate together last I heard.

jacomo
05-01-2018, 01:03 PM
I think Fonts will leave. The guy wants 1st team football and he's not getting any younger. Dylan will go aswell ,he's doesn't owe anybody anything and needs to be the focal point of a team. Stanton will leave. He's got skill in abundance and will do well wherever he goes. IMO he could've been given more of a chance to show what he can do. I personally think he was hung out to dry by Stubbs. Fair play to Stanton he didn't take the pay off he was offered and hung in there to see out his contract. Crane I hear has been verbally offered another contract but the coaching staff want him to play in midfield. I understand he's played well for 20s in a deep midfield role. F Murray is going to be given more time to develope, an outstanding prospect.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Dylan pretty much is the focal point of our team.

Not every Scottish or English club would appreciate a player like him. He's well suited to Hibs and vice versa.

CMurdoch
05-01-2018, 01:18 PM
End season 18-19 Mikey.:thumbsup:

Where did you find this Eric?

I can find nothing online

CMurdoch
05-01-2018, 01:21 PM
Fraser Murray signed a 5 year deal last summer. That list is mostly dog dirt.

Where did you find this?
You might be confusing with Porteous who was given a 5 year contract a year ago

CMurdoch
05-01-2018, 01:24 PM
Dylan is a major must i hope Hibs don't waste any time on this and get it done ASAP.

a few people saying Stanton won't be offered a new deal. Stantons doing very well for Dundee United i wouldn't rule out a 1 year deal.

If he is doing well at Dundee Utd and they get promoted they will almost certainly offer him a 2 year contract.

Bobo
05-01-2018, 01:25 PM
From todays the Evening News:

CONTRACTS ENDING SUMMER 2018

Liam Fontaine, Callum Crane, Dylan McGeouch, Sam Stanton, Lewis Allan. Loans ending: Scott Bain, Brandon Barker.

CONTRACTS ENDING SUMMER 2019

Ross Laidlaw, Efe Ambrose, Darren McGregor, David Gray, Paul Hanlon, Lewis Stevenson, Marvin Bartley, John McGinn, Danny Swanson, Fraser Murray, Anthony Stokes, Simon Murray, Deivydas Matulevicius, Oli Shaw.

CONTRACTS ENDING SUMMER 2020

Vykintas Slivka, Steven Whittaker, Scott Martin.

CONTRACTS ENDING SUMMER 2021

Ofir Marciano, Martin Boyle.

CONTRACTS ENDING SUMMER 2022

Ryan Porteous.

Allant1981
05-01-2018, 01:26 PM
His wife and kid may be settled, but I don't think it is in Edinburgh. His recent interview in the EEN he spoke about how he kept his spirits up during his rehab, and mentioned that he only had his dog for company.

Edit - the story was in the EEN on 6th Dec, and this was the opening paragraph ;

"Wednesday 06 December 2017

Sitting at home with the four walls closing in and only his dog Roman for company, Liam Fontaine admits he began to go “stir crazy” after being hit by a second serious injury in the space of just seven months.

him and his mrs definitely live together as i see them quite often

CMurdoch
05-01-2018, 01:44 PM
From todays the Evening News:

CONTRACTS ENDING SUMMER 2018

Liam Fontaine, Callum Crane, Dylan McGeouch, Sam Stanton, Lewis Allan. Loans ending: Scott Bain, Brandon Barker.

CONTRACTS ENDING SUMMER 2019

Ross Laidlaw, Efe Ambrose, Darren McGregor, David Gray, Paul Hanlon, Lewis Stevenson, Marvin Bartley, John McGinn, Danny Swanson, Fraser Murray, Anthony Stokes, Simon Murray, Deivydas Matulevicius, Oli Shaw.

CONTRACTS ENDING SUMMER 2020

Vykintas Slivka, Steven Whittaker, Scott Martin.

CONTRACTS ENDING SUMMER 2021

Ofir Marciano, Martin Boyle.

CONTRACTS ENDING SUMMER 2022

Ryan Porteous.

Nice one Bobo
This should be a sticky at the top of the screen

Nameless
05-01-2018, 02:23 PM
him and his mrs definitely live together as i see them quite oftenNo worries - well hopefully that means he will want to hang around.

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

Eric
05-01-2018, 02:50 PM
Where did you find this Eric?

I can find nothing online

Sorry to say but I can't find my source as it was some time ago I found it. However interesting that the EEN also shows Fraser Murray's contract as ending Summer 2019. Also the EEN does not mention Innes Murray but he is at present on loan to Stenhousemuir, as confirmed by their official website. I still wonder if the original mention of Fraser was the result of a mix-up between him and Innes.

Not sure about Callum Crane and Lewis Allan's contracts ending this season but have no evidence to the contrary. Otherwise the only change I would make to the EEN list would be to add Sean Mackie, who is at present on loan to Edinburgh City, to "Contracts Ending 2020"

Would like to see contract expiry dates added to all players pages on the Official Website and not just some as at present.:thumbsup:

Onceinawhile
05-01-2018, 05:35 PM
They were living in Bathgate together last I heard.

They are.