PDA

View Full Version : Derby tickets

crieffhibee
01-01-2018, 04:13 PM
Anyone know when the Scottish cup Derby tickets go on sale? Can't see anything on the website

Since90+2
01-01-2018, 04:14 PM
Not been announced yet. Tuesday of next week would be my guess when they go on sale.

marinello59
01-01-2018, 04:15 PM
Anyone know when the Scottish cup Derby tickets go on sale? Can't see anything on the website

Usually it’s about three days after somebody starts a loyalty points thread so keep an eye out for that. :greengrin

bod
01-01-2018, 04:21 PM
Has it been announced which channel’s showing it ?

Billy Whizz
01-01-2018, 04:24 PM
Has it been announced which channel’s showing it ?

It’s on Sky

wookie70
01-01-2018, 05:05 PM
Still plenty of time and I would rather whoever makes the decisions on Ticketing takes their time to get it right. The last derby ticket sales were very poorly handled by the club and it didn't help with the very late announcement of restricted view tickets. It should be pretty simple to get something in place that minimises wasted time for fans. Communication has to be hugely better this time as it was terrible last time.

If it was me I would ask Hearts for the whole Roseburn without any sheds, get as many tickets in their "Directors area" as we can for staff and players, (no tickets for ex players, supporters buses, singing section etc) AST holders get their tickets, conduct a lottery of all season tickets holders and those lucky to be drawn have 48hrs to buy a ticket. If they don't buy in that time the remainder of tickets will go on sale to season ticket holders via another lottery which would be conducted on a 2 ST holders per ticket to guarantee it would sell out.

That would mean there would be a minimal amount of log ins to the terrible Ticketmaster site and also the possibility that fans wanting to sit together could organise someone to go to the Ticket Office. The next tranche would be small so that would be an easy gig for Ticketmaster too.

There would be a bit of admin involved but I'm sure the club could enlist some volunteers and it could be as easy as drawing 3000 client numbers and publishing them on the website. Then all that is needed is to open up those client numbers to be allowed to buy a ticket on the system. Surely that would be possible to be automated if not this time then in the future. It could also be possible for fans to stop their client ref being chosen in the lottery and for other refinements.

Make sure the whole system is explained in advance on as many Comms channels as we have. Communicate the number of tickets available and the number of season tickets in the ballot and chosen. Tell fans they are in with a 1 in 4(or whatever the ratio is) chance of a ticket and that all season ticket holders are as valuable as each other but there is always going to be a large number disappointed. Ask fans who are only buying single tickets to be as patient so groups can sit together, after all anyone chosen in the initial ballot is guaranteed a ticket.(some will honour this)

I would far rather it was down to how many games you have attended but Leeann has been pretty strong saying there won't be another loyalty scheme. I disagree with her thinking but if we aren't going to have any form of priority ticketing based on match attendance then it is her job to make sure something better is in place than the shambles of the last Derby Ticket sales. The last few big ticket events end up a lottery based on when you logged in, with what browser, can you camp out, are you working and then even if all those things fall in your favour you still waste an hour getting a ticket. There is one thing for sure imo and that is the club need to do better than they did the last time.

Dashing Bob S
01-01-2018, 05:10 PM
Still plenty of time and I would rather whoever makes the decisions on Ticketing takes their time to get it right. The last derby ticket sales were very poorly handled by the club and it didn't help with the very late announcement of restricted view tickets. It should be pretty simple to get something in place that minimises wasted time for fans. Communication has to be hugely better this time as it was terrible last time.

If it was me I would ask Hearts for the whole Roseburn without any sheds, get as many tickets in their "Directors area" as we can for staff and players, (no tickets for ex players, supporters buses, singing section etc) AST holders get their tickets, conduct a lottery of all season tickets holders and those lucky to be drawn have 48hrs to buy a ticket. If they don't buy in that time the remainder of tickets will go on sale to season ticket holders via another lottery which would be conducted on a 2 ST holders per ticket to guarantee it would sell out.

That would mean there would be a minimal amount of log ins to the terrible Ticketmaster site and also the possibility that fans wanting to sit together could organise someone to go to the Ticket Office. The next tranche would be small so that would be an easy gig for Ticketmaster too.

There would be a bit of admin involved but I'm sure the club could enlist some volunteers and it could be as easy as drawing 3000 client numbers and publishing them on the website. Then all that is needed is to open up those client numbers to be allowed to buy a ticket on the system. Surely that would be possible to be automated if not this time then in the future. It could also be possible for fans to stop their client ref being chosen in the lottery and for other refinements.

Make sure the whole system is explained in advance on as many Comms channels as we have. Communicate the number of tickets available and the number of season tickets in the ballot and chosen. Tell fans they are in with a 1 in 4(or whatever the ratio is) chance of a ticket and that all season ticket holders are as valuable as each other but there is always going to be a large number disappointed. Ask fans who are only buying single tickets to be as patient so groups can sit together, after all anyone chosen in the initial ballot is guaranteed a ticket.(some will honour this)

I would far rather it was down to how many games you have attended but Leeann has been pretty strong saying there won't be another loyalty scheme. I disagree with her thinking but if we aren't going to have any form of priority ticketing based on match attendance then it is her job to make sure something better is in place than the shambles of the last Derby Ticket sales. The last few big ticket events end up a lottery based on when you logged in, with what browser, can you camp out, are you working and then even if all those things fall in your favour you still waste an hour getting a ticket. There is one thing for sure imo and that is the club need to do better than they did the last time.

We should ask for the new stand. They don't have the fanbase to fill it.

Rattler
01-01-2018, 05:10 PM

I agree to a certain extent, but why should AST holders get preference?

It’s a cup game, so should be open to all.

Anyway, Happy New Year 🎉

wookie70
01-01-2018, 05:13 PM

Anyway, Happy New Year 🎉

That was part of the AST agreement I think so you can't change the terms half way through a season.

It is the loyalty scheme we have in place currently even though we don't like loyalty schemes and won't consider them in the future.

West lower
01-01-2018, 05:14 PM

Anyway, Happy New Year 🎉

So ,if we got to the final you wouldn’t give season ticket holders priority as it is a cup tie ? Just a free for all ?😮

Vini1875
01-01-2018, 05:20 PM

I don't get all the moaning about tickets. Hibs games are in higher demand than they have been in a few seasons so some are going to be disappointed, gutted even, but Hibs will be unable to satisfy demand whatever system is used. I got tickets for tynie this time but missed out on ibrox. I have my fingers crossed for the Scottish cup game, but not everyone who wants one will get one. Online or telephone makes the most sense to prevent people sitting out in a queue at ER. It's a pain in the neck, but would people rather there was no demand and it was easy to get a ticket.

Funny thing is there is no shortage of bampots at tynie every time we go, so if you don't get a ticket just remind yourself that a thousand bammers were able to organise a ticket ahead of some very sensible guy.

Rattler
01-01-2018, 05:40 PM
That was part of the AST agreement I think so you can't change the terms half way through a season.

It is the loyalty scheme we have in place currently even though we don't like loyalty schemes and won't consider them in the future.

If it’s part of the AST agreement and includes cup ties then great. Not being a holder of an AST then I’d miss out, but take it on the chin.

Anyway, no point in digesting matters to the nth degree that might never happen.

We’ll get them back to ER in the reply and then the majority of our support will be happy for a change with the ticketing arrangements.

Fife-Hibee
01-01-2018, 06:19 PM
Don't have an AST myself but certainly don't grudge them getting priority!

Pete
01-01-2018, 06:26 PM
It’ll be the same as last time. Priority groups getting first dibs then everyone else in a scramble for the rest. That’s the way it is.

I’m not sure that Hibs did much wrong last time regarding the restricted view tickets but we’ll know a bit more about it this time. They’ve ****ed up building their stand so let their fans so let them sit behind the tent.

Baldy Foghorn
01-01-2018, 06:27 PM

Anyway, Happy New Year 🎉

Because AST holders have the audacity to follow the team to every game. FFS, some folk do my box in

HibbyAndy
01-01-2018, 06:27 PM
I don't have an AST but i will be guaranteed tickets :smokin:cup::Awright!:

Pete
01-01-2018, 06:28 PM
I don't have an AST but i will be guaranteed tickets :smokin:cup::Awright!:

You in a supporters club?

😉

HibbyAndy
01-01-2018, 06:30 PM
You in a supporters club?

😉

No been for quite a few years Pete , Work most weekends

Rattler
01-01-2018, 06:41 PM
Because AST holders have the audacity to follow the team to every game. FFS, some folk do my box in

I take it that this has to be read with the tongue firmly in ones cheek?!

Baldy Foghorn
01-01-2018, 06:43 PM
I take it that this has to be read with the tongue firmly in ones cheek?!

No actually. They go to every game but you want them to potentially miss out on cup tickets???!

3pm
01-01-2018, 06:51 PM
No actually. They go to every game but you want them to potentially miss out on cup tickets???!

Never heard anyone saying it was unfair on AST last year when cash was taken for Turriff!

Rattler
01-01-2018, 06:52 PM

With all due respect Baldy, but get a grip!

You have absolutely no idea whatsoever how many away games I get to, so kindly give it a rest.

I generally respect your posts on the forums so please do likewise.

All I was trying to do was put across my point in the matter. If I miss out on tickets then hey ho, no big deal.

Each to their own son on opinions eh 😉

Baldy Foghorn
01-01-2018, 06:54 PM

You have absolutely no idea whatsoever how many away games I get to, so kindly give it a rest.

All I was trying to do was put across my point in the matter. If I miss out on tickets then hey hi, no big deal.

Son? Really?

AST go to every game so you give it a rest

Billy Whizz
01-01-2018, 06:58 PM

All I was trying to do was put across my point in the matter. If I miss out on tickets then hey ho, no big deal.

Away season ticket holders have to buy tickets for all home cup games as well, so a massive commitment

iwasthere1972
01-01-2018, 07:00 PM
I have a singing certificate. Does that guarantee me a ticket?

Rattler
01-01-2018, 07:16 PM
Son? Really?

AST go to every game so you give it a rest

Calm down...mind the blood pressure 😉

And if I go to every away game but choose not to be an AST...

My loss.

As I said- so be it.

Anyway... thought we were all on the same side?

Billy Whizz
01-01-2018, 07:23 PM
Calm down...mind the blood pressure 😉

And if I go to every away game but choose not to be an AST...

My loss.

As I said- so be it.

Anyway... thought we were all on the same side?

He is, he believes in a loyalty scheme, that would benefit fans like you, who go home and away

Smartie
01-01-2018, 08:00 PM
I'm not going to be trying for a ticket this time, having managed to get one for the past 2 derbies at Tynecastle.

I'm chucking my toys out the pram after what has gone on at the last 2 (I was locked out of the previous derby whilst in possession of a vild ticket with the ground supposedly full).

Tynecastle was my first away game of the season and it was a shambles - a shambles that cannot and will not be rectified.

The game was an abomination, played on a pitiful surface and our game has been reduced to a lottery by the fact that we won't help our officials use technology to get basic (but very important decision correct).

To cut a long story short I've just got hacked off over the years at the lack of respect fans of Scottish football are shown, especially away fans.

I still love my club so will keep going to home games but I'm sick of clubs getting away with what they get away with as they know thousand of punters are willing to tolerate it.

I'm not, so there's one less person in the queue this time.

John_R_Corbett
01-01-2018, 08:04 PM
I'm not, so there's one less person in the queue this time.Not really because as you leave I will be joining, I was not in the queue the last time but will be this time and quite happy to take my chances along with every other season ticket holder after those who buy the away season ticket get theirs.

Hermit Crab
01-01-2018, 08:44 PM
Not really because as you leave I will be joining, I was not in the queue the last time but will be this time and quite happy to take my chances along with every other season ticket holder after those who buy the away season ticket get theirs.

Assuming you mean the online queue as I'm quite certain there will be zero in person sales for this match, all tickets will be sold online and via phone only.

Hermit Crab
01-01-2018, 08:45 PM
Never heard anyone saying it was unfair on AST last year when cash was taken for Turriff!

Or Alloa or Ross County in the cup earlier this season.

BoomtownHibees
02-01-2018, 09:59 AM
Away season ticket holders have to buy tickets for all home cup games as well, so a massive commitment

No they don’t

Billy Whizz
02-01-2018, 10:00 AM
No they don’t

Unless you opted out, you were signed up

BoomtownHibees
02-01-2018, 10:03 AM
Unless you opted out, you were signed up

Correct. So they don’t “have to” buy them

Billy Whizz
02-01-2018, 10:34 AM
Correct. So they don’t “have to” buy them

You win, but you got 2 days notice to opt out, and if you were on holiday as some were, you didn’t have to time to cancel

Should we call it a draw😎

BoomtownHibees
02-01-2018, 11:09 AM
You win, but you got 2 days notice to opt out, and if you were on holiday as some were, you didn’t have to time to cancel

Should we call it a draw😎

Happy with that. Money spinning replay to come

JohnMcM
02-01-2018, 11:37 AM
It’s on Sky

Typical! Just typical!

That at means I can't watch it. I've got bad neck at the moment and can't look upwards.

wookie70
02-01-2018, 12:14 PM
Typical! Just typical!

That at means I can't watch it. I've got bad neck at the moment and can't look upwards.
The ball will be in the sky at the game too so you wouldn't have been able to watch their anyway and there definitely isn't room to lie down at Tiny and watch