PDA

View Full Version : #AnnounceHendo

01-01-2018, 11:54 AM
Just thought I'd start the inevitable thread nice and early.

Would love to see Liam join us regardless of what happens with McGinn this window.

We badly need someone that can put in a decent cross from corners and free kicks, whipped in rather than floated. McGinn did seem to put the ball in the box with a bit more pace against Killie and we were rewarded but unfortunately too many are too close to the keeper. We got lucky with the blunder, which I put partly down to the pressure Oli was putting on the keeper coupled with the extra pace on the ball but the keeper should have dealt with it. Hopefully we'll see more corners like that but a bit further towards the edge of the 6 yard box.

I was pleased to see less of the short corners, in fact I don't recall there being any, maybe about 20-25% short corners would be ideal.

I don't get excited when we win a free kick in the opponents half that's out of range for a shot. They rarely result in any kind of shot let alone a goal.

I realise there are a few that think that, due to the Cup final, many of us recall Hendo as being better than he actually was or say that he wasn't good enough to start the final. I'd disagree with that line of argument as a reason not to bring him in, yes he's not the finished article but just look at how much Boyle has come on since then and he didn't even come on from the bench.

Hendo's creativity will help us break down defences and could be the difference in games like the Killie one. He also has a decent strike rate, he scored 6 goals from 48 games with us (don't know how many of those were starts), compared to McGinn's 14 from 117 or Dylan's 4 from 106.

The Leith Dutch
01-01-2018, 12:08 PM
Decent player and wouldn't be against having him back but I don't think signing him would make a significant impact on our problems.

For me the two things we need in this window are a playmaker in the style of Scott Allan to unlock defences and a poacher striker.

Tyler Durden
01-01-2018, 12:13 PM
Decent player and wouldn't be against having him back but I don't think signing him would make a significant impact on our problems.

For me the two things we need in this window are a playmaker in the style of Scott Allan to unlock defences and a poacher striker.

Hendo is a playmaker - a better one than Allan at that.

He would solve a lot of our problems IMO.

Ronniekirk
01-01-2018, 12:15 PM
Thought he had gone to an Italian team on Trial

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnM1875
01-01-2018, 12:16 PM

100% agree.

A lot of folk on here think peoples opinion of Hendo is clouded by the two cup final corners. But for me it really isn’t.

HHe was my favourite player that season and I thought he was a constant threat going forward with his passing and always looking for an attacking option. His ball for Cumming’s header for the 1st at Tynie is a prime example.

Something we desperately need right now! Get him back here ASAP!

hibby6270
01-01-2018, 12:20 PM
100% agree.

A lot of folk on here think peoples opinion of Hendo is clouded by the two cup final corners. But for me it really isn’t.

HHe was my favourite player that season and I thought he was a constant threat going forward with his passing and always looking for an attacking option. His ball for Cumming’s header for the 1st at Tynie is a prime example.

Didn’t do too shabbily in the ICT replay either.:greengrin

One Day Soon
01-01-2018, 12:21 PM
Love the hashtag.

He'd be a great addition and bring something quite different from what we already have. Though top priority should really be two full backs with pace.

Big_Franck
01-01-2018, 12:27 PM
He's a decent player but he'd not solve our main problem. Another midfielder that never scores is the last thing we need.

JohnM1875
01-01-2018, 12:30 PM
He's a decent player but he'd not solve our main problem. Another midfielder that never scores is the last thing we need.

He scored 6 goals for Hibs whilst on loan. So I’d say it’s harsh to say he never scores.

The Modfather
01-01-2018, 12:33 PM

Agreed, also is it possible we wouldn’t see the best of him until next season given how little football he has played the last couple of years.

Would be a bonus signing for me, but not one we should sign if it impacts upon addressing the deficiencies in the squad in this window.

we are hibs
01-01-2018, 01:30 PM
He scored 6 goals for Hibs whilst on loan. So I’d say it’s harsh to say he never scores.

Hed also offer a threat from set pieces plus goal scoring chances from free kicks

McD
01-01-2018, 02:06 PM
100% agree.

He was a very self confident player when he was with us (I mean that as a compliment), with no little skill to go with that.

my only criticism of his time with us is that I felt he could occasionally be guilty of over dribbling, and sometimes looking for a man to beat when a quick pass would have been the better option. That said, he was then and still is a very young layer, with bags of talent, and those things will iron it through experience of playing (unlike Brendan’s idea of utilising him).

would be very happy to see him return, and would, I think, give the fans a big boost to see a favoured son return, even if McGinn was to leave this window.

Basildon Hibs
01-01-2018, 02:09 PM
He was a very self confident player when he was with us (I mean that as a compliment), with no little skill to go with that.

my only criticism of his time with us is that I felt he could occasionally be guilty of over dribbling, and sometimes looking for a man to beat when a quick pass would have been the better option. That said, he was then and still is a very young layer, with bags of talent, and those things will iron it through experience of playing (unlike Brendan’s idea of utilising him).

would be very happy to see him return, and would, I think, give the fans a big boost to see a favoured son return, even if McGinn was to leave this window.

It's strikers/poachers we need. I've said that for a number of years now.

McD
01-01-2018, 02:13 PM

Where has anyone mentioned taking Henderson at the expense of getting strikers/poachers?

and if we get some of them, and lose McGinn, perhaps Henderson will help,provide service for these strikers

Golden Bear
01-01-2018, 02:20 PM

It's attacking midfield players who can get themselves into the penalty box that we need. On paper, we have the strikers.

Pretty Boy
01-01-2018, 02:38 PM
It's attacking midfield players who can get themselves into the penalty box that we need. On paper, we have the strikers.

Agreed. We struggled for goals in a lot of games even when we had a classic poacher type in Cummings because the midfield contribute almost nothing in terms of goals.

Betty Boop
01-01-2018, 02:41 PM
Thought he had gone to an Italian team on Trial

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's going to Bari.

basehibby
01-01-2018, 03:31 PM

:agree: The .netters insisting that Hendo was not a major first team player under Stubbs are suffering from some bizzare form of amnesia - he was a near certain starter and contributed greatly to an entertaining league campaign and a spectacularly successful season in the cups. A skillful and intelligent player with a brilliant attitude on the park which was infectious - I'd love to see him back in a Hibs shirt and hope that the board move heaven and earth to make it happen.

IlDiavola
01-01-2018, 03:52 PM

Agreed.

On paper we definitely do have a great striker. It's just a pity he 1) doesn't try very much and 2) won't move forward into the position he's meant to play in.

Anyway, for what it's worth I would love Hendo back :agree:

Dashing Bob S
01-01-2018, 03:55 PM
Agreed. We struggled for goals in a lot of games even when we had a classic poacher type in Cummings because the midfield contribute almost nothing in terms of goals.

Like to see adopt the Hearts approach and not worry too much about scoring goals, whilst celebrating clean sheet runs provided by blind linesmen.

Firestarter
01-01-2018, 04:14 PM
He's not coming to us. Sorry to be the part pooper but that's a fact.

Mr White
01-01-2018, 04:20 PM
Sorry to be the part pooper

There's over the counter medication available that can help you with that :aok:

hibbyfraelibby
01-01-2018, 04:24 PM
He's not coming to us. Sorry to be the part pooper but that's a fact.

Not this window...