PDA

View Full Version : Transfer Window

Hawick hibee
01-01-2018, 08:40 AM
Happy new year fellow HIBEES now that the window is open, what would be a good transfer window this time?
I for one think we have done really well over the last few years so hopefully by the time it closes we are thinking this again!!
KEEP - JOHN MCGINN
LET GO - not sure yet big david up top not had much game time so can't judge on that.
SIGN - poacher to turn domination into goals.
BAIN for GK competition.

Interesting window I think coming up!!!

WillowbraeHibby
01-01-2018, 08:48 AM
Happy new year fellow HIBEES now that the window is open, what would be a good transfer window this time?
I for one think we have done really well over the last few years so hopefully by the time it closes we are thinking this again!!
KEEP - JOHN MCGINN
LET GO - not sure yet big david up top not had much game time so can't judge on that.
SIGN - poacher to turn domination into goals.
BAIN for GK competition.

Interesting window I think coming up!!!

And a Happy New Year to you mate, and all Hibees, wherever they may be. Hopefully players have been identified... But we march on regardless... :flag:

Future17
01-01-2018, 09:19 AM
Difficult to know what's realistic for a club like ours in the mid-season window, but if we're signing another GK I'd prefer he was first choice quality, which I don't think Bain is.

I'd also prefer we persevered with Shaw at least until the end of the season.

H18 SFR
01-01-2018, 09:20 AM
I'm sure everyone would agree that we don't need a lot of players, if we could sign one it would surely be a goal scorer. Cummings anyone?

Jim44
01-01-2018, 10:37 AM
I'm sure everyone would agree that we don't need a lot of players, if we could sign one it would surely be a goal scorer. Cummings anyone?

It’s unrealistic to think that Cummings would make an early return to ER. He was hardly dragged screaming in protest to the English Championship.

neil7908
01-01-2018, 10:41 AM

Whilst I'd take Jason back, I think a target man is more important right now.

Betty Boop
01-01-2018, 10:51 AM
Stephen Dobbie please.

Stuart93
01-01-2018, 10:52 AM
From hibs twitter "Happy 2018 Hibees! Who wants a new signing to start the year..." 5 mins ago

Vault Boy
01-01-2018, 10:52 AM
New signing incoming according to the official twitter

Brightside
01-01-2018, 10:53 AM
New signing incoming according to the official twitter

It’s Bain

BoomtownHibees
01-01-2018, 10:54 AM
Difficult to know what's realistic for a club like ours in the mid-season window, but if we're signing another GK I'd prefer he was first choice quality, which I don't think Bain is.

I'd also prefer we persevered with Shaw at least until the end of the season.

Scott Bain is more than capable as first choice quality

Future17
01-01-2018, 11:00 AM
Scott Bain is more than capable as first choice quality

He's not any better than Marciano. He's being signed as backup.

Oscar T Grouch
01-01-2018, 11:01 AM
Confirmed as SB. Good signing

BoomtownHibees
01-01-2018, 11:04 AM

So we have 2 goalies that are good enough to be first choice. Nice problem to have

Brightside
01-01-2018, 11:08 AM
I expect Cummings to Hearts with Isma away. SJM to Ipswich for £3m. Dylan has to decide on a move to Aberdeen. Big Dave away.

HNY. :greengrin

SonOfDavidFrancey
01-01-2018, 11:17 AM
New manager at Forest so surely Cummings will be staying where he is?

Heisenberg
01-01-2018, 11:19 AM
I expect Cummings to Hearts with Isma away. SJM to Ipswich for £3m. Dylan has to decide on a move to Aberdeen. Big Dave away.

:shocked:

McGeough going to Aberdeen (which adds up as a McLean replacement), SJM leaving and Cummings signing for Hearts? What a truly dreadful transfer window that would be.

Firestarter
01-01-2018, 11:19 AM

Disagree. Bain on form is better.

easty
01-01-2018, 11:23 AM

Nah. But we'll see...

Fife-Hibee
01-01-2018, 11:27 AM

Lol HNY 🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬

murray26
01-01-2018, 11:30 AM
Stephen Dobbie please.

No thanks

Future17
01-01-2018, 11:33 AM

At their respective bests, I don't think Bain can touch Marciano. The problem is consistency.

I'd be happy to be proved wrong though.

Firestarter
01-01-2018, 11:34 AM
Nah. But we'll see...

👍 Happy NY mate.

easty
01-01-2018, 11:35 AM
👍 Happy NY mate.

You too 👍

Firestarter
01-01-2018, 11:35 AM
At their respective bests, I don't think Bain can touch Marciano. The problem is consistency.

Fair dos Nick. It's an interesting position to be in with both at the club regardless. Happy New Year mate.

Reaper
01-01-2018, 11:45 AM
After the summer window I didn't think it would be a big window but I think it is now very important. A good window now could be the difference between finishing 4th/5th or having a real go for 2nd or 3rd.

As others have said I prefer the prospect approach and build towards the future, however, I think we need one real quality addition that can hit the ground running and be the difference turning draws into wins. Be it a goal scoring mid or striker. Difficult to do though.

We've addressed the GK position immediately, very refreshing approach from our club and another sign of how our approach has changed.

If we can get that 1 bit quality and a good prospect in addition to the GK added to what's there it'd be a good window imo. The variables being if big Dave goes and SJM stays or goes.

What I would also say is if SJM goes it is not unreasonable for us all to expect the money to be reinvested in the first team.

Tyler Durden
01-01-2018, 12:20 PM
It would be good to have an embargo on chat about Cummings returning to Scotland on loan. It's not gonna happen

Big L
01-01-2018, 01:07 PM

I'm happy in the knowledge that when Rocky loses form which he has a tendency to do, that we have a quality keeper to step in.

Lago
01-01-2018, 01:07 PM

Your a bundle of laughs.

Ronniekirk
01-01-2018, 01:17 PM
After the summer window I didn't think it would be a big window but I think it is now very important. A good window now could be the difference between finishing 4th/5th or having a real go for 2nd or 3rd.

As others have said I prefer the prospect approach and build towards the future, however, I think we need one real quality addition that can hit the ground running and be the difference turning draws into wins. Be it a goal scoring mid or striker. Difficult to do though.

We've addressed the GK position immediately, very refreshing approach from our club and another sign of how our approach has changed.

If we can get that 1 bit quality and a good prospect in addition to the GK added to what's there it'd be a good window imo. The variables being if big Dave goes and SJM stays or goes.

What I would also say is if SJM goes it is not unreasonable for us all to expect the money to be reinvested in the first team.

Think second and third are beyond us unless Lennon pulls a Rabbit out the Hat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scooby
01-01-2018, 01:35 PM

What a depressing prospect, especially coming from you! Really hope you're still pished!

Ringothedog
01-01-2018, 01:40 PM
Think second and third are beyond us unless Lennon pulls a Rabbit out the Hat

I would prefer a creative midfielder and goal scoring forward than a rabbit

blackpoolhibs
01-01-2018, 02:06 PM
I would prefer a creative midfielder and goal scoring forward than a rabbit

You are just splitting hares.

huggie1875
01-01-2018, 02:14 PM
you are just splitting hares.

stop it now

CallumLaidlaw
01-01-2018, 02:29 PM

Can we go back to 2017 now please [emoji85][emoji85][emoji85]

hibby6270
01-01-2018, 03:34 PM
Is Jason injured/suspended just now? Not even on the bench for Forest today. Just saying like!!

Joe6-2
01-01-2018, 03:57 PM
It would be good to have an embargo on chat about Cummings returning to Scotland on loan. It's not gonna happen

Why not?

Thecat23
01-01-2018, 04:22 PM
Taken from DR, few others saying this too..

Mark Warburton was sacked as Nottingham Forest manager yesterday and straight away, the social media rumour mill went into overdrive linking Jason Cummings with a move back to Scotland to both Rangers and Hearts.

But Record Sport Online understands the striker will be staying in Nottingham for the foreseeable future and has no plans to move back to the Premiership at this stage.

erin go bragh
01-01-2018, 05:15 PM

On keeck back saying Jason has said it’s a no flucking way he will sign for them 😂
Also backed up by his father ( apparently)

HoboHarry
01-01-2018, 05:18 PM
You are just splitting hares.
People will get hopping mad with you if you start that nonsense........

Eyrie
01-01-2018, 06:01 PM
People will get hopping mad with you if you start that nonsense........

Only some people.

Others will be lapin it up.

Springbank
01-01-2018, 06:08 PM
On keeck back saying Jason has said it’s a no flucking way he will sign for them 😂
Also backed up by his father ( apparently)

He is more likely to come back to where he won the cup...and with it, immortality

IlDiavola
01-01-2018, 06:08 PM
Is Jason injured/suspended just now? Not even on the bench for Forest today. Just saying like!!

If it's because he's leaving Forest then fair enough but he won't be coming back up over the border.

NORTHERNHIBBY
01-01-2018, 06:13 PM
Only some people.

Others need to be warrened off.

hibbyfraelibby
01-01-2018, 06:15 PM
Only some people.

Groan...and on a day I am feeling quite wabbit

IlDiavola
01-01-2018, 06:20 PM
Groan...and on a day I am feeling quite wabbit

You'll feel better soon - it's not long until Rabbit Burns night..:cb

Fife-Hibee
01-01-2018, 07:55 PM
You'll feel better soon - it's not long until Rabbit Burns night..:cb

Aww FUR FS ! Stop it 😄

Mixu62
02-01-2018, 01:38 AM
Aww FUR FS ! Stop it 😄

Agreed. These rabbit puns, it really bugs me.

Tornadoes70
02-01-2018, 01:41 AM

Whats up doc? :dunno:

Tyler Durden
02-01-2018, 04:35 AM
Why not?

Firstly there is no reason for Forest to let him go. He hasn't particularly disappointed any more than the rest of their squad this season.

But if they did decide to loan him out then they'd want him down in England where he'd be seen to learn more (in their view). So a Blackburn or a Wigan would be his destination, teams who would pay much more of his wage.

Talk about him going to Hearts is some weird sado masochism on here, never happening!

mutley
02-01-2018, 11:15 AM

Yeah , enough already, sure no more can be warren(ted)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sweet Left Peg
02-01-2018, 11:20 AM
Where's Mixumatosis when you need him???