PDA

View Full Version : Support leaving early

angus hibby
31-12-2017, 04:18 PM
Was disappointed yesterday to see so many of our support leave in last few minutes of the game yesterday. Our fans have been fantastic with season ticket sales etc, but at 1-1 with Hibs doing all the pressing, why are so many leaving early?! Just don’t get it.

Im sure the players can see it too, which must be a bit demoralising for them.

wearethehibs
31-12-2017, 04:20 PM
I can already see how this threads going to go.

Since90+2
31-12-2017, 04:26 PM
Was disappointed yesterday to see so many of our support leave in last few minutes of the game yesterday. Our fans have been fantastic with season ticket sales etc, but at 1-1 with Hibs doing all the pressing, why are so many leaving early?! Just don’t get it.

Theres probably quite a few reasons why folk leave early. Off the top of my head:

To get back to their motor before the crowds
To catch a bus before the crowds
To get back to the boozer before the crowds
Not wanting to get stuck in the ques in the East at the end

Each to their own, its nothing to do with anybody else what time people choose to arrive , leave, go down for pies ect

hibby6270
31-12-2017, 04:26 PM
Personally, I never leave early myself, no matter what the score.

On the other hand, 99% of the time MrsH6270 always leaves with 5 minutes to go.

Simple explanation. She just does not like being amongst people in confined crowded spaces. Call it a phobia. Call it a condition. I don’t know but it certainly has no reflection on her support for the team. In fact nothing could be further from the truth!!

keep the faith
31-12-2017, 04:27 PM

It's an every week thing mate. It's baffling and I don't see it on this level with other clubs.

Be lots of replies on the way getting all defensive about not wanting to wait 10 mins to applaud the players and shuffle put the stadium....

Sir David Gray
31-12-2017, 04:28 PM

https://media.giphy.com/media/tyqcJoNjNv0Fq/giphy.gif

keep the faith
31-12-2017, 04:29 PM
Personally, I never leave early myself, no matter what the score.

On the other hand, 99% of the time MrsH6270 always leaves with 5 minutes to go.

Simple explanation. She just does not like being amongst people in confined crowded spaces. Call it a phobia. Call it a condition. I don’t know but it certainly has no reflection on her support for the team. In fact nothing could be further from the truth!!

That is totally fair enough and you shouldn't have to explain that one.

skipster7
31-12-2017, 04:30 PM
No problem with folk leaving early but if your going just go and dont stop on the steps half a dozen times blocking everyones view. cheers :agree:

Pete
31-12-2017, 04:31 PM
I think lots of people leave their seat early but skulk about on the stairway and in the vomitoriums watching the game.

John_R_Corbett
31-12-2017, 04:32 PM
Could just have dug up one of the other 3257 threads on this topic.

Gmack7
31-12-2017, 04:35 PM
I wish the stewards would move the folk who leave there seat early only to stand at the bottom of the stairs in the east.
IF YOUR LEAVING ..LEAVE

Famous Fiver
31-12-2017, 04:35 PM
Keep the faith, are you serious?

Did you see the Dundee United end at St Mirren on Friday night with 5 minutes to go? Empty.

Folks left Hampden when the second Rangers goal went in on 21.05.2016, so I'll concede it does happen at Hibs but only at Hibs? You're joking.

Kojock
31-12-2017, 04:43 PM
Guy behind me stood all game shouting abuse at his own players. He decided to leave early, put his tri colour in his pocket sang a song about a refugee, then headed to the ticket office to give staff abuse about his loyalty points.

keep the faith
31-12-2017, 04:44 PM

Did you see the Dundee United end at St Mirren on Friday night with 5 minutes to go? Empty.

Folks left Hampden when the second Rangers goal went in on 21.05.2016, so I'll concede it does happen at Hibs but only at Hibs? You're joking.

Of course not only at us mate, but here it's a regular thing rather than a reaction to a particularly bad score or performance.

I just think it's time supporters made a bit more effort at times to see a game through. Obviously subject to health or family issues.

green&left
31-12-2017, 04:45 PM
It's an every week thing mate. It's baffling and I don't see it on this level with other clubs.

Be lots of replies on the way getting all defensive about not wanting to wait 10 mins to applaud the players and shuffle put the stadium....

Happens with every club.

Unless you've got plans, if you're out the house for 2-3+ hours i'm not sure what difference getting home 10/15/20 minutes later would make. Each to their own and all that I guess.

Danderhall Hibs
31-12-2017, 04:46 PM
I generally stay to the end but it takes ages to get out (F5 upper and the east are both the same) of the stadium so assume folk leave early to avoid it?

NORTHERNHIBBY
31-12-2017, 04:49 PM
Classic nae fitba for weeks thread.

MWHIBBIES
31-12-2017, 04:49 PM
This team has done so much to earn the support, if people aren't staying till the end now they never will. Same ones who won't bother when the going gets tough again.

We expect so much effort from the players for 90 minutes + but many don't give it themselves. Its not 11 Lewis Stevensons we need, its 17 thousand.

Steve20
31-12-2017, 04:50 PM
People should be allowed to leave when they choose. But if they do leave then can they please not just stand on the stairs as people who want to leave to get to the bar in the pub first can’t get past them. 😡

HibbiesandtheBaddies
31-12-2017, 04:52 PM

I'm sure the players can see it too, which must be a bit demoralising for them.

We usually move from the FF Upper down to the Lower to watch the last few minutes from behind the goals, and notice quite a few others do that as well. Has the added benefit of being able to get out the ground quicker to avoid some of the ensuing traffic chaos.

Is that ok?

Albanian Hibs
31-12-2017, 04:54 PM

Should the players not be concentrating on what's happening on the pitch and not in the stands?

And anyway I walk down to empty seats at the front with about 5 mins left so that I can get a head start on the traffic at the final whistle. Plus on Sat, my 6 year old had just sat for 85+ mins in the freezing cold and decided he wanted to go. Should I have told him to stay anither 5 or so mins longer? We pay for a season ticket and it is up to us when we want to leave. If we miss a goal then so be it.

Is that ok?

Pretty Boy
31-12-2017, 04:58 PM
Folk can do what they want. I doubt the players even notice.

I always stay to the end but it's not for me to decide what others do.

RoxburghHibs
31-12-2017, 05:00 PM
Theres probably quite a few reasons why folk leave early. Off the top of my head:

To get back to their motor before the crowds
To catch a bus before the crowds
To get back to the boozer before the crowds
Not wanting to get stuck in the ques in the East at the end

Each to their own, its nothing to do with anybody else what time people choose to arrive , leave, go down for pies ect

I moved seat early. Was in the back of the Famous Five stand so moved down to near an exit and watched the final few minutes. Saved getting stuck in the crowds.

Onion
31-12-2017, 05:00 PM
I arrive early, so as to get away before everyone else.

Brightside
31-12-2017, 05:02 PM
If they are going they should just go. The getting up and then standing in the way when we only have minutes to go is nuts. 40 + people just standing on the steps or at the exit. What’s the point.

John_R_Corbett
31-12-2017, 05:07 PM
3 weeks until the next game, I wonder how many more threads we'll have on done to death topics like this one. 3 weeks to argue/pagger about who should be getting the cup tickets for tin castle should be on the agenda very soon I would think.

CMurdoch
31-12-2017, 05:14 PM
I sit in the East and just got out the stand a couple of hours ago :wink:.

It is horrific. East dudes have to watch the rest of the ground empty and then get to leave 10 minutes later!
I don't leave our stand early but understand those that do.

cabbageandribs1875
31-12-2017, 05:29 PM
if i leave the east just 2 mins earlier than the masses i can get down to my car in pilrig st and be out of town within 20-25 mins

but anyway, people can leave for whatever reason they want...stop being so nosey as to why :cb

angus hibby
31-12-2017, 05:37 PM

Dundee United were 2-0 down though! We were level and pushing for the winner. Don’t think many Killie fans appeared to leave before the end.

Eyrie
31-12-2017, 05:38 PM

It is horrific. East dudes have to watch the rest of the ground empty and then get to leave 10 minutes later!

I gave up sitting in the East for that reason.

I wish they'd look into building exit stairs onto the back of the stand.

neil7908
31-12-2017, 05:42 PM

I was down in Manchester in early December and went to a Man City and Manchester United game and saw plenty of fans leaving early in both games.

Both games finished 2-1 as well so it wasn't like the result was a forgone conclusion.

I homely can't understand why this is a topic that fans comment on.

Bostonhibby
31-12-2017, 05:44 PM
Personally I always stay right to the end but I accept it's people's right to leave when they want, myriad of reasons including wanting to get home to the laptop to have a go at fans who leave early.

At the wee half built stadium they have to leave before it gets dark as they've no lights to help fans see where they're going.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

yonder1875
31-12-2017, 05:54 PM
Can't understand it if we're pushing for a winner, is it really worth getting home 10 mins early to miss a winning goal?

wearethehibs
31-12-2017, 06:10 PM

Yup, exactly how I imagined

SteveHFC
31-12-2017, 06:11 PM

Know a hibs fan that done that.

wookie70
31-12-2017, 06:11 PM
I was gutted that I timed my half time pee wrong against Ross County arriving back just after the whistle and missing my first couple of seconds competitive football at Easter Road for around 7 years. I'll confess to leaving after the fifth in that final but I tend to stay to the end of every game I go to. I think an early game memory of watching two Joe McBride goals at Tiny when half the Hibs fans had left stayed with me.

No issue with fans that choose to leave early as long as they don't block other fans views, Lots of fans have lots of different responsibilities and I'm just happy they are paying to come to the game.

CMurdoch
31-12-2017, 06:18 PM
Guy behind me stood all game shouting abuse at his own players. He decided to leave early, put his tri colour in his pocket sang a song about a refugee, then headed to the ticket office to give staff abuse about his loyalty points.

:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin Can picture that in my minds eye!

angus hibby
31-12-2017, 06:26 PM
Folk can do what they want. I doubt the players even notice.

I always stay to the end but it's not for me to decide what others do.

Players will notice.

Lancs Harp
31-12-2017, 06:31 PM
Each to their own but on account of the time I spend getting there and back I'll be b******d if Im missing a second of it.:wink:

Thecat23
31-12-2017, 06:35 PM
People can turn up and leave when they like. Doesn’t bother me at all! Many have other commitments so good on them for turning up to start with I say.

brianmc
31-12-2017, 06:36 PM

I'm in the back row of the East, midway between 2 stairways. If I wait until the final whistle it can take 15 minutes to reach the concourse - last out the stadium, last back to the car, back of the Q's of traffic trying to get out of town etc etc. It can double the time it takes me to get back to Livi.

If, as I usually do, I start making a move when the board goes up with the amount of injury time, I can save at least 45 minutes of journey time.

As an aside: in some countries the fans are inside the stadium creating an atmosphere hours BEFORE kick off yet I've never seen a thread entitled "Why do fans leave it until the last minute to arrive?"

These types of threads are tedious. Fans arrive when they want, leave when it suits, go for a pie or a pee when the fancy takes them, look at their phones, talk to their mates etc all potentially causing them to miss part of the game and distract others by their movements - OP,get over it.

brianmc
31-12-2017, 06:40 PM
Players will notice.

If that's correct it shows how little they're concentrating on their jobs.
I'd be amazed if Boyle miss controlled a last minute through ball because he noticed wee Tam from row FF seat 106 had gone missing...

Albanian Hibs
31-12-2017, 06:45 PM
Players will notice.

Nonsense

Scouse Hibee
31-12-2017, 06:53 PM
Two guys in my row arrived 15 minutes late, left to beat the pie queue 5 minutes before half time and then left 5 minutes before end of game so they missed 25 minutes of a 90 minutes game.

NthCarolinaHibs
31-12-2017, 07:05 PM
Sincere apologies to anyone that may take badly to me leaving early during the Killie game.....had a flight to catch no long after full time...my head is hung in shame..ffs....

SunshineOnLeith
31-12-2017, 07:08 PM
Of course not only at us mate, but here it's a regular thing rather than a reaction to a particularly bad score or performance.

I just think it's time supporters made a bit more effort at times to see a game through. Obviously subject to health or family issues.

You've clearly never watched a game at any stadium other than Easter Road, ever.

Which in its own way is quite admirable. So, hats off to you, sir.

Lago
31-12-2017, 08:31 PM

Yip same opinions batted back and forth, people can leave when they like.

hibbyfraelibby
31-12-2017, 09:18 PM

Like you didnt know all the roads were being clise early for the Fire Festival? Leave early or spend 2 hrs, yes 2 hrs it took me, to do a 15min journey home.

SuperAllyMcleod
31-12-2017, 10:49 PM
If they are going they should just go. The getting up and then standing in the way when we only have minutes to go is nuts. 40 + people just standing on the steps or at the exit. What’s the point.

The point is that it saves 15 mins getting out of the stadium (East anyway) which in turn then means the traffic is lighter when I get back to the car which saves another 20-30 mins getting home.

For those reasons I head from row AA in the East to the bottom of the stand for the last few minutes.

Perhaps if we could clear the East quicker at full time I may consider staying in my seat.

WoreTheGreen
31-12-2017, 10:57 PM
Like you didnt know all the roads were being clise early for the Fire Festival? Leave early or spend 2 hrs, yes 2 hrs it took me, to do a 15min journey home.

Me to got out the taxi at waverley bridge as the traffic was a nightmare and a bus from the bridges back to Libby . Neighbour?

stoneyburn hibs
01-01-2018, 02:45 AM
Hibs fans pay their money, they can leave when they choose. It's really not a hard concept to follow.

SON OF PADDY
01-01-2018, 02:55 AM
Should the players not be concentrating on what's happening on the pitch and not in the stands?

And anyway I walk down to empty seats at the front with about 5 mins left so that I can get a head start on the traffic at the final whistle. Plus on Sat, my 6 year old had just sat for 85+ mins in the freezing cold and decided he wanted to go. Should I have told him to stay anither 5 or so mins longer? We pay for a season ticket and it is up to us when we want to leave. If we miss a goal then so be it.

Is that ok?

Folk can leave as early as they want !
Just don't block my view of the game.
Is that ok ? 😉

John_R_Corbett
01-01-2018, 07:08 PM
3 weeks until the next game, I wonder how many more threads we'll have on done to death topics like this one. 3 weeks to argue/pagger about who should be getting the cup tickets for tin castle should be on the agenda very soon I would think.I knew it wouldn't take long. :greengrin

Dashing Bob S
01-01-2018, 08:48 PM
Always leave early. There’s a plebeian element in our support which I detest spending any more time than is necessary with. In dress sense and style some of them would be much more suited to attendance at Tynecastle.

JohnMcM
02-01-2018, 11:33 AM
3 weeks until the next game, I wonder how many more threads we'll have on done to death topics like this one. 3 weeks to argue/pagger about who should not be getting the cup tickets for tin castle should be on the agenda very soon I would think.

There, fixed that for you. Should be a more interesting rubbish thread when it starts.:wink:

The Spaceman
02-01-2018, 12:51 PM
I stay every game until the end, but honestly could not care less about people nipping off 5-10 minutes early. Whats the issue? They have paid for their ticket just like everyone else and if they gain more utility from getting home in comfortable time rather than sitting around for another 5 minutes then so be it?

Its the boo boys in the stands that do nothing but criticise that are the real enemy of our support - I would rather they were the ones that nipped off...90 minutes early.

C Feeney-Seale
02-01-2018, 01:12 PM

I saw something a lot worse in the Ross County game recently - a huge chunk ( majority!) of people in famous five upper around me sat down to ‘celebrate’ our equaliser!!! Couldn’t believe what I was seeing - has anyone else noticed this recently?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FilipinoHibs
02-01-2018, 01:32 PM
Always leave early. There’s a plebeian element in our support which I detest spending any more time than is necessary with. In dress sense and style some of them would be much more suited to attendance at Tynecastle.

Most of our support are plebian or from plebian roots. As a pleb one of the many reasons I love Hibs

HibeeMackenzie
02-01-2018, 01:38 PM
I’ve no problem with people leaving their seats early if they actually leave, not just going to stand on the stairways and block the view of everyone else for the last 10 minutes

allezsauzee
02-01-2018, 01:44 PM
I wonder if these people leave the cinema 5 minutes before the end of a film so they can get out quicker. People don't have to stay until the end but I find it utterly bizarre when they do it when they do it en masse when the game is in the balance. It's as though they don't care how the game ends. :confused:

Keith_M
02-01-2018, 01:48 PM
People can leave early if they want but just remember...

...OK, you've had enough fun, maybe by leaving early you're ruining somebody else's.

Dashing Bob S
02-01-2018, 02:16 PM
Most of our support are plebian or from plebian roots. As a pleb one of the many reasons I love Hibs

Nonsense. We came from Ireland because we were the select few whose palettes were far too developed for the potato. We aimed for Moscow in order to plunder it's Tsarist caviar supplies, but ship navigation was an inexact science in those days and we washed up in Leith. We purged the area of Masonic Jambos by introducing the infamous puddle drinking tax, which forced them to relocate to West Edinburgh and then built an urban paradise based on mercantile trade and three star Michelin restaurants.

Know your history!

HUTCHYHIBBY
02-01-2018, 03:16 PM
Nonsense. We came from Ireland because we were the select few whose palettes were far too developed for the potato. We aimed for Moscow in order to plunder it's Tsarist caviar supplies, but ship navigation was an inexact science in those days and we washed up in Leith. We purged the area of Masonic Jambos by introducing the infamous puddle drinking tax, which forced them to relocate to West Edinburgh and then built an urban paradise based on mercantile trade and three star Michelin restaurants.

Know your history!

Here we have an early contender for the post of 2018 thread when it is created next year.

hibby6270
02-01-2018, 04:49 PM
The worst, and at the same time, the best, depending on your persuasion, exodus of fans I can recall was from quarter to four onwards 45 years and 1 day ago. The gaps were enormous by the end of the game!! It’s an image I will never forget.:greengrin

Dashing Bob S
02-01-2018, 04:55 PM
The worst, and at the same time, the best, depending on your persuasion, exodus of fans I can recall was from quarter to four onwards 45 years and 1 day ago. The gaps were enormous by the end of the game!! It’s an image I will never forget.:greengrin

What happened? (Asking for 400,000 friends...)

Bostonhibby
02-01-2018, 05:01 PM
What happened? (Asking for 400,000 friends...)We stopped at the 7 we needed to go top. I often wonder if we should have gone for the round dozen. Could have it was that easy.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

hibby6270
02-01-2018, 05:02 PM
What happened? (Asking for 400,000 friends...)

LOL!!
TGGIH........although your ”friends” might not recall it that way. :wink:

brianmc
02-01-2018, 05:05 PM
I wonder if these people leave the cinema 5 minutes before the end of a film so they can get out quicker. People don't have to stay until the end but I find it utterly bizarre when they do it when they do it en masse when the game is in the balance. It's as though they don't care how the game ends. :confused:

Bloody sure I wouldn't sit through the credits at the end of a movie if there were 18,000 people in the cinema.....

You're not really comparing like for like with that daft analogy are you?
But, if it makes you happy, I can confirm that I have indeed left the cinema early - cos the film was brutal.
In fact I've even left the theatre at half time cos I couldnae take anymore of the guff on offer..
Personal choice eh it's wonderful.

Keith_M
02-01-2018, 05:15 PM
Bloody sure I wouldn't sit through the credits at the end of a movie if there were 18,000 people in the cinema.....

You're not really comparing like for like with that daft analogy are you?
But, if it makes you happy, I can confirm that I have indeed left the cinema early - cos the film was brutal.
In fact I've even left the theatre at half time cos I couldnae take anymore of the guff on offer..
Personal choice eh it's wonderful.

The last five minutes are in no way comparable to the credits.