PDA

View Full Version : Winter Break - Struggling Already!!!

Glory Lurker
31-12-2017, 02:37 PM
Three more weeks?!?! That’s years!

What are folk planning to do for football fixes during this dreary time?

NAE NOOKIE
31-12-2017, 02:53 PM
Save up for next season's season ticket :greengrin

I know what Neil Lennon will be doing ..... because or first game back is the cup tie at the Wongadome he will be on the phone to Willem II asking if they wouldn't mind trying to kick us off the park in the friendly next month followed by a call to the Portuguese FA asking if they can provide a visually impaired linesman ..... its always good to prepare in conditions as close to the real thing as you can so he will be looking for a ploughed field to play on as well.

Famous Fiver
31-12-2017, 02:58 PM
Do they grow potatoes in Portugal?

greenlex
31-12-2017, 03:05 PM
The first home game is even longer. Another bollocks thing is we have one. ( Yes One) weekend home game before we play Hearts at ER on the 10th of March!!!!! ***** state of affairs.

Sir David Gray
31-12-2017, 03:10 PM
The first home game is even longer. Another bollocks thing is we have one. ( Yes One) weekend home game before we play Hearts at ER on the 10th of March!!!!! ***** state of affairs.

We only have two Saturday 3pm home games between now and the split in April!

Hibernia&Alba
31-12-2017, 03:11 PM
I love winter fitba; scrap the break.

31-12-2017, 03:13 PM
Three more weeks?!?! That’s years!

What are folk planning to do for football fixes during this dreary time?

Will be checking on here for transfer news.

Deansy
31-12-2017, 03:30 PM

Just look forward to waking-up on the morning of the 11th still singing '11-IN-A-ROW !!' :wink:

hibby6270
31-12-2017, 03:37 PM
Long shot but any chance the Willem II game will be broadcast live on Hibs TV?

Sir David Gray
31-12-2017, 03:50 PM
Just look forward to waking-up on the morning of the 11th still singing '11-IN-A-ROW !!' :wink:

It doesn't fit to the tune, eleven has too many syllables. :rolleyes:

How about the tune that they used to sing against us, back in the olden days when they actually used to win derbies?

Ho ho ho it's magic you know
We've just gone eleven in a row

Then we can go back to the "Here we go" chant for number twelve.

seanshow
31-12-2017, 03:50 PM
The pre/post cup game ticket debate should last at least a week.
Filled with fury,relief,testing of patience,loyalty and spinning grey circles.

H18 SFR
31-12-2017, 03:51 PM
Arranged to go down to Carlisle vs Sheff We'd on Saturday, feeling the OP's pain.

BigT-Hibeez
31-12-2017, 03:54 PM
I'm going to Portugal for the friendly.. Hotel right opposite the sports centre.. Mates coming down from Malaga with his Hibs daft kids.. Can't wait

wookie70
31-12-2017, 04:00 PM
I normally hate the International breaks never mind a three week break but somehow I think I'll benefit as much as the team.

It's been a very expensive month and it hasn't really went the way most of us would have hoped. Far from disastrous but more downs than ups for me. The tickets shambles for Tiny, the disappointment of losing to The Rangers after playing very well, the disappointment of standing admiring Celtc for 70 minutes before being forced to go toe to toe, another boring draw against Killie after dominating without looking like scoring. The disallowed goal at Tiny, the queue at Tiny. Lots of things to forget but there have been some things I will remember positively. The emergence of Oli Shaw, the win against Ross County with the once in a season, currently, excellent display from Stokes, the hard fought win against a very good, at home, Partick.

The month after the break isn't dissimilar in terms of fixtures and could easily again feature a money spinning replay. Hopefully the results will be better and the ticket shambles improved. Get saving Hibees it could be an expensive season.

Deansy
31-12-2017, 04:01 PM
It doesn't fit to the tune, eleven has too many syllables. :rolleyes:

How about the tune that they used to sing against us, back in the olden days when they actually used to win derbies?

Ho ho ho it's magic you know
We've just gone eleven in a row

Then we can go back to the "Here we go" chant for number twelve.

Okay Sir David Lloyd-Webber - I concur and will go with your choice :greengrin

wookie70
31-12-2017, 04:02 PM
What's the reason for the winter break?

I presume it is to stack loads of games together making it very hard for teams with smallish squads and give an extra bit of security for Celtc and The Rangers.

greenlex
31-12-2017, 04:07 PM
I normally hate the International breaks never mind a three week break but somehow I think I'll benefit as much as the team.

It's been a very expensive month and it hasn't really went the way most of us would have hoped. Far from disastrous but more downs than ups for me. The tickets shambles for Tiny, the disappointment of losing to The Rangers after playing very well, the disappointment of standing admiring Celtc for 70 minutes before being forced to go toe to toe, another boring draw against Killie after dominating without looking like scoring. The disallowed goal at Tiny, the queue at Tiny. Lots of things to forget but there have been some things I will remember positively. The emergence of Oli Shaw, the win against Ross County with the once in a season, currently, excellent display from Stokes, the hard fought win against a very good, at home, Partick.

The month after the break isn't dissimilar in terms of fixtures and could easily again feature a money spinning replay. Hopefully the results will be better and the ticket shambles improved. Get saving Hibees it could be an expensive season.
You thought yesterday was boring?

Golden Bear
31-12-2017, 04:15 PM
We only have two Saturday 3pm home games between now and the split in April!

Ridiculous.

😩

Pretty Boy
31-12-2017, 04:18 PM
Down at the girlfriends parent in South Lincolnshire next weekend. Don't think Lincoln have a game due to the FA Cup so might take in the delights of Boston v Tamworth or head a bit further afield and north for Grimsby v Morecambe.

Jonnyboy
31-12-2017, 04:29 PM
Planning to go and watch Raith on Saturday

HUTCHYHIBBY
31-12-2017, 04:36 PM
Arranged to go down to Carlisle vs Sheff We'd on Saturday, feeling the OP's pain.

Good place for a bevvy.

wookie70
31-12-2017, 04:38 PM
You thought yesterday was boring? I have seen a lot worse but it was a game played in front of quiet Hibs stands, neither goalie really made any great saves and what life it had it completely fizzled out when Lennon made his subs. Boring was maybe a bit strong but the game at Tiny was nowhere near as good in terms of quality but far more interesting. Noisy away support, big tackles, intensity and controversy and of course against our biggest rivals.

Yesterday reminded me of games in the Championship albeit with 8 thousand more fans. Not too much intensity, played at a snail's pace at time, Killie happy with their point and time wasting from the first minute.

IlDiavola
31-12-2017, 04:48 PM
Don't know about what all the fans will be doing but I hope certain players (no names) will not be seen out and about in George Street so often.

If we have to suffer then so should they. They're getting paid enough.

We want everyone to be raring to go for the Cup game.

xyz23jc
31-12-2017, 05:31 PM
Down at the girlfriends parent in South Lincolnshire next weekend. Don't think Lincoln have a game due to the FA Cup so might take in the delights of Boston v Tamworth or head a bit further afield and north for Grimsby v Morecambe.

Canaries v Chelski at Carrow rd on the 6th jan too......

Thecat23
31-12-2017, 05:33 PM
I’m going to hound folk for transfer gossip to try keep me going 😁 If I hear anything I’ll post it!

brianmc
31-12-2017, 05:45 PM
I’m going to hound folk for transfer gossip to try keep me going 😁 If I hear anything I’ll post it!

Ok here's one for free 😉
Marcus Haber from Dundee as a replacement for big Dave.

Billy Whizz
31-12-2017, 06:01 PM
Nice to have a wee break for football
January is going to be an expensive month, 3 away games, and another one to pay into, on the 1st Saturday in Feb. Be around £126 in tickets

Thecat23
31-12-2017, 06:06 PM
Ok here's one for free 😉

Really? I don’t much about this boy have to do a bit googling 😁

JimBHibees
31-12-2017, 08:29 PM
Ok here's one for free 😉

Would be a decent signing.

Baldy Foghorn
31-12-2017, 08:56 PM
Ok here's one for free 😉

Already have song for him

brianmc
31-12-2017, 09:04 PM

You're ahead of me there Mr Foghorn!
How does it go? 🤔

Baldy Foghorn
31-12-2017, 09:05 PM
You're ahead of me there Mr Foghorn!
How does it go? 🤔

Tell you once he signs

Billy Whizz
31-12-2017, 09:06 PM

Is it a Proclaimers song😄

Baldy Foghorn
31-12-2017, 09:24 PM
Is it a Proclaimers song😄

AYE...

When I Haber, I will be Habering with you

Billy Whizz
31-12-2017, 09:43 PM
AYE...

When I Haber, I will be Habering with you

Best reason not to sign him🤣

jgl07
01-01-2018, 12:10 AM
Long shot but any chance the Willem II game will be broadcast live on Hibs TV?

Nice try but no cigar!

https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/232146555763266985/?lp=true

Dashing Bob S
01-01-2018, 12:24 AM
One supposes that a certain compulsion towards the seduction of beautiful, interesting and complex women shall temporarily supplant a love of Hibs during the winter shutdown. Although this cannot be guaranteed.

Borderhibbie76
01-01-2018, 08:52 AM
Really? I don’t much about this boy have to do a bit googling [emoji16]Let's hope.not...he is Brutal

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

bigwheel
01-01-2018, 09:32 AM
Let's hope.not...he is Brutal

Can't see it happening - but he gave our two CHs a torrid time recently

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Borderhibbie76
01-01-2018, 09:36 AM
Can't see it happening - but he gave our two CHs a torrid time recently

Sent from my iPad using TapatalkI've got a mate that's a big Dundee fan and they cannot stand him...think he's a big huddy. Sounds like another big dave to me

KdyHby
01-01-2018, 10:08 AM
Looking forward to corporate hospitality at the Raith Rovers v Ayr match on the 13th.