PDA

View Full Version : The breadman

Scooter
31-12-2017, 09:05 AM
Sacked at Forrest

neil7908
31-12-2017, 09:10 AM
Sacked at Forrest

Excellent. Wonder how that will impact Jason?

Mr White
31-12-2017, 09:11 AM
With respect he's not a very good manager.

green day
31-12-2017, 09:12 AM
Baws, this means the dingull will now be back on our TV as an "expert".

bingo70
31-12-2017, 09:24 AM
Lennon played for Nottingham Forest towards the end of his career didn’t he?

Hope they don’t come calling for him.

Nakedmanoncrack
31-12-2017, 09:31 AM
Excellent. Wonder how that will impact Jason?

The breadman was never likely to succeed, and his sacking always seemed an inevitability - his signings, particularly those he took from Scotland will be rather worried about their position following his demise. One of a number of reasons why I never thought it a good move for Jason.

Wilson
31-12-2017, 09:33 AM
Lennon played for Nottingham Forest towards the end of his career didn’t he?

Hope they don’t come calling for him.

Why not?

Famous Fiver
31-12-2017, 09:33 AM
Jason back on loan in January?

You can be sure Harry Potter will be sniffing around.

BroxburnHibee
31-12-2017, 09:35 AM
Found out.....yet again.

bingo70
31-12-2017, 09:37 AM
Why not?

Because I think he’s doing a good job for us?

Vini1875
31-12-2017, 09:42 AM
Jason back on loan in January?

You can be sure Harry Potter will be sniffing around.

Unlikely. They would have to get a new guy in, who would then have to look at all his players. Buying and selling players through Jan. The new has some job or Forest are happy with the players they have and the new simply has to get them playing. Either way I doubt JC will come very high on the list of priorities.

The Spaceman
31-12-2017, 09:52 AM
Hahahahaha. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year Mark. Respectfully.

Wilson
31-12-2017, 09:59 AM
Because I think he’s doing a good job for us?

Too many draws for me. Yesterday was identified as a good game to win - with Hearts playing Aberdeen and the Old Firm playing. We didn't.

Aberdeen was a big game for us. A real chance to make a statement. We capitulated.

Even our much lauded performances against Celtic have since been shown to be too fearful of the opposition.

Given that Lennon is hailed as a winner we perhaps don't see enough of that in his team.

You can't say he is doing a bad job when we are sitting in 4th and above the Jambos.

However there is room for improvement.

bingo70
31-12-2017, 10:06 AM
Too many draws for me. Yesterday was identified as a good game to win - with Hearts playing Aberdeen and the Old Firm playing. We didn't.

Aberdeen was a big game for us. A real chance to make a statement. We capitulated.

Even our much lauded performances against Celtic have since been shown to be too fearful of the opposition.

Given that Lennon is hailed as a winner we perhaps don't see enough of that in his team.

You can't say he is doing a bad job when we are sitting in 4th and above the Jambos.

Don’t disagree with you but I think Lennon is better placed to address these issues than somebody new coming in and starting from scratch.

Thecat23
31-12-2017, 10:16 AM
Why not?

You want Lennon gone?

Pete
31-12-2017, 10:20 AM
Dear Mark.

Unfortunately, you’re fired.

With respect, Nottm. Forest.

lumbo_hfc
31-12-2017, 10:21 AM

With celtics budget, they should be hammering everyone domestically about 4-5 nil. There's room for improvement at every team! I'm more than happy with where we are in the league, half way through our first season up. I actually think we are the 4th best team in the league, so it's quite a fair representation. Won games we could have lost and lost games we should have won, happens to most teams. Sign a centre forward to play with stokes and we can start to challenge for 3rd

NAE NOOKIE
31-12-2017, 10:24 AM

Yesterday's game was our season in microcosm, we totally dominated it and didn't get the result we deserved. From that POV I'm not sure what Lennon can do, the play is absolutely fine from back to front, its just the inability of our forward line to capitalise on good lead up play that's letting us down. I wouldn't be too quick to blame that on the manager. The Aberdeen game was a one off for Hibs, we haven't played that badly in over 3 years and I wish folk would stop dissing our efforts against Celtic just because the Yams managed a once in a decade result against them and they have gone slightly off the boil since.

As for Warburton ..... Clearly the Forest board and fans weren't as happy with him talking up grim performances as the Huns were.

Col2
31-12-2017, 10:24 AM
Our chances of Cummings back on loan May have improved as there was now way Warburton was going to sanction that given his hatred towards us (remember how we ruined his whole summer in 2016 😉)

Hopefully they bring someone in quickly and we can get Jason back in for cup game.

Wilson
31-12-2017, 10:30 AM
You want Lennon gone?

No, not really. I kind of agree with bingo saying that Lennon is best placed to address any issues.

Also, sitting in 4th and playing quite well, it would be daft to want a change - especially on the back of the memories of Butcher's time.

I'd just like to see improvement and a supposed winner having his team do likewise more often.

blackpoolhibs
31-12-2017, 10:35 AM
No, not really. I kind of agree with bingo saying that Lennon is best placed to address any issues.

Also, sitting in 4th and playing quite well, it would be daft to want a change - especially on the back of the memories of Butcher's time.

I'd just like to see improvement and a supposed winner having his team do likewise more often.

I'd love to have seen us win more games, but it is what it is, and we are where we are. Where would you have put us in our first season back in the top league, as 4th to me is a good start in my opinion.

We could have been struggling and in the bottom 6, and folk would be saying its sheite, or its to be expected as we are just back.

4th is a good platform for us to take stock and build again, i know i'd much rather that than we were sitting around the bottom.

CorrieHibs
31-12-2017, 10:37 AM
Can see Cummings signing for Hearts on loan.

Hope not!

Warburton found out again though lol.

ancient hibee
31-12-2017, 10:40 AM
Yesterday's game was our season in microcosm, we totally dominated it and didn't get the result we deserved. From that POV I'm not sure what Lennon can do, the play is absolutely fine from back to front, its just the inability of our forward line to capitalise on good lead up play that's letting us down. I wouldn't be too quick to blame that on the manager. The Aberdeen game was a one off for Hibs, we haven't played that badly in over 3 years and I wish folk would stop dissing our efforts against Celtic just because the Yams managed a once in a decade result against them and they have gone slightly off the boil since.

As for Warburton ..... Clearly the Forest board and fans weren't as happy with him talking up grim performances as the Huns were.

Not sure it's just the forwards.I think our biggest fault is controlling the game too far back.The midfield should be at least 20 yards further forward.As they provide no goal threat defenders double up on our strikers.It's exactly the fault Warburton had at Ibrox-far too much work on the ball in areas that didn't matter.

Mcpakeisgod
31-12-2017, 10:45 AM

After the years we’ve had, I think a sense of realism has to be kept. We haven’t been competing like this since 2010. So I’m happy with how things are going in our first season back

Col2
31-12-2017, 10:45 AM
Our chances of Cummings back on loan May have improved as there was now way Warburton was going to sanction that given his hatred towards us (remember how we ruined his whole summer in 2016 😉)

Hopefully they bring someone in quickly and we can get Jason back in for cup game.

NAE NOOKIE
31-12-2017, 10:47 AM
Not sure it's just the forwards.I think our biggest fault is controlling the game too far back.The midfield should be at least 20 yards further forward.As they provide no goal threat defenders double up on our strikers.It's exactly the fault Warburton had at Ibrox-far too much work on the ball in areas that didn't matter.

As it is I agree with you regarding the midfield, I've said it myself that McGeouch and McGinn play too deep ..... one or the other is fine, but too often you see both of them together on the wrong side of the half way line.

Michael
31-12-2017, 10:51 AM

When he goes we'll probably be stuck with someone clueless again. Enjoy it while he's here because we're going pretty well this season.

Jim44
31-12-2017, 10:51 AM
Among the Sevco muppet celebrations, they are screaming out for Cummings, “although we hate his guts”. ........ how to gain friends and influence people.:greengrin

Thecat23
31-12-2017, 10:56 AM

Sorry I’d read it as you didn’t care and wanted him away. Our home form must improve that’s for sure we are sitting well in the league and i agree plenty room for improvement. Lennon I think will get it right.

bingo70
31-12-2017, 11:01 AM
Sorry I’d read it as you didn’t care and wanted him away. Our home form must improve that’s for sure we are sitting well in the league and i agree plenty room for improvement. Lennon I think will get it right.

Playing devils advocate for a second I think there’s a clear difference between wanting someone sacked and not really caring if they left.

For most of last season I’d have been quite happy for Lennon to leave but I never actively wanted him sacked, he’s totally won me round though so I’d be disappointed if Forest do make a move for him.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
31-12-2017, 11:09 AM
I'd imagine Jason would want to stay and try to impress the new manager.

lord bunberry
31-12-2017, 11:10 AM
This is great news for Cummings. He will have a better chance of being successful in a team that gets the ball forward a bit quicker. I watched a few Forest games under fannyhat and they were trying to walk the ball into the net at times.

Jim44
31-12-2017, 11:17 AM
Since 2006, ( with the exception of Walter Smith ), Sevco have had a pleasing succession of managerial duds. Just thought I’d mention it. :wink:

CMurdoch
31-12-2017, 11:25 AM
With celtics budget, they should be hammering everyone domestically about 4-5 nil. There's room for improvement at every team! I'm more than happy with where we are in the league, half way through our first season up. I actually think we are the 4th best team in the league, so it's quite a fair representation. Won games we could have lost and lost games we should have won, happens to most teams. Sign a centre forward to play with stokes and we can start to challenge for 3rd

Great post. Lots of truths re Celtic and Hibs.
Can't help thinking about what might have been had we the funds to have signed Moult in the summer.

stu in nottingham
31-12-2017, 11:29 AM
It should be remembered that Garry Parker also played for Forest with reasonable distinction around a hundred times...

Warburton's greatest mistake I feel was not sorting out Forests defence in the summer. They play some nice passing football but have continued to be vulnerable, particularly in central defence. They just can't defend.

Gary Brazil has been appointed again from within to take over temporarily but was fairly hopeless the last time. The Forest owner has been quite silent in the past few months but Warburton being appointed before his arrival I think will mean that he moves decisively for a lined up replacement.

Warburton has attracted all the familiar former criticisms of him, that he is predictable, cannot change things and that his football is too predictable. Many don't think he has players of sufficient quality to play that type of football. He, as always, has provided excuse after excuse in his post-game witterings - something that people have picked up on big time, and he has also had a few veiled digs at the support.

Quite a few are unhappy that the club have sacked yet another manager in quick time and felt he didn't have much time. It's difficult to find anyone defending his managerial abilities though in my experience.

I would say that the chances of Jason being loaned anywhere have lessened for the moment until a new man is appointed.

Next.

Smartie
31-12-2017, 11:42 AM

FWIW I reckon Neil Lennon would agree with this word for word.

Phil MaGlass
31-12-2017, 11:47 AM
If ah wis Lennon ah´d be off tae ask for Jason back on loan.

CMurdoch
31-12-2017, 11:51 AM

Another good post!
It's easy for our players to control the ball where they do because the opposition allow it.
Unfortunately players that do it in the last third cost good money which we don't have.
Lennon must see it and be as frustrated as us.
All that being said I have loved watching the team in the last 2 and a half seasons.
Love watching Efe, Boyle, McGinn, Hanlon, McGregor, Barker, Slivka, McGeogh.
Enjoy it while it's here.

Phil MaGlass
31-12-2017, 11:54 AM
Another good post!
It's easy for our players to control the ball where they do because the opposition allow it.
Unfortunately players that do it in the last third cost good money which we don't have.
Lennon must see it and be as frustrated as us.
All that being said I have loved watching the team in the last 2 and a half seasons.
Love watching Efe, Boyle, McGinn, Hanlon, McGregor, Barker, Slivka, McGeogh.
Enjoy it while it's here.

If we can keep on the way we are, it looks good for the immediate and long term future.

Bostonhibby
31-12-2017, 12:07 PM
Exactly as predicted by my friendly forest supporter. Natives unhappy for a while now. Another bellend bites the dust.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Firestarter
31-12-2017, 12:50 PM
Forest aren't going to appoint another manager from Scotland who done ***** at Bolton right after asking the old hun one.

Hibernia&Alba
31-12-2017, 12:53 PM
He'll go again.

Bostonhibby
31-12-2017, 12:56 PM
He'll go again.The breadman will rise again. Respectfully but with no sincerity.

stu in nottingham
31-12-2017, 12:59 PM
Reports are saying that a new man should be appointed 'in days'. That's my estimation too.

bingo70
31-12-2017, 01:02 PM
Reports are saying that a new man should be appointed 'in days'. That's my estimation too.

Paul Lambert?

Think I saw he is the bookies favourite.

31-12-2017, 01:03 PM
Maybe 1 less club interested in McGinn.

Joe6-2
31-12-2017, 01:03 PM
Don’t disagree with you but I think Lennon is better placed to address these issues than somebody new coming in and starting from scratch.

This

Onion
31-12-2017, 01:17 PM

Perhaps if he'd made a decent bid for McGinn rather than trying to steal him for a fraction of his worth, he'd still be in a job.

Billy Whizz
31-12-2017, 01:28 PM

Show you need to be careful who you join, bet you he’s glad he didn’t go to Forest

stu in nottingham
31-12-2017, 02:21 PM
Perhaps if he'd made a decent bid for McGinn rather than trying to steal him for a fraction of his worth, he'd still be in a job.

I'm not sure even John McGinn would have made any difference. They haven't been short of midfielders (or forwards) but they are hopeless defensively, especially where high crosses are concerned. They have needed a big commanding centre back who is a leader. Everyone could see this, apart from, evidently, Warburton and his sidekicks. Warburton responded to this criticism recently saying that it was not possible to get anyone of quality for Forest in that position without spending many millions and went on some quiet rant about 'Beckenbauers' costing money. The day after on local radio, Stevie Hodge, former Forest and England international came on and outlined around ten effective central defenders in the Championship that cost next to nothing!

I'm not sure whether he is blind or just pure stubborn, he's certainly arrogant and he's surely brought this upon himself.

Bostonhibby
31-12-2017, 02:36 PM
I'm not sure even John McGinn would have made any difference. They haven't been short of midfielders (or forwards) but they are hopeless defensively, especially where high crosses are concerned. They have needed a big commanding centre back who is a leader. Everyone could see this, apart from, evidently, Warburton and his sidekicks. Warburton responded to this criticism recently saying that it was not possible to get anyone of quality for Forest in that position without spending many millions and went on some quiet rant about 'Beckenbauers' costing money. The day after on local radio, Stevie Hodge, former Forest and England international came on and outlined around ten effective central defenders in the Championship that cost next to nothing!

I'm not sure whether he is blind or just pure stubborn, he's certainly arrogant and he's surely brought this upon himself.He's never had much idea about what a decent defender looks like, or how to hold onto a lead[emoji6]

And definitely arrogant without having much to be arrogant about.

One Day
31-12-2017, 02:44 PM
Sacked at Forrest

Good

jacomo
31-12-2017, 04:04 PM

I'm not sure whether he is blind or just pure stubborn, he's certainly arrogant and he's surely brought this upon himself.

It does seem to be an issue of character with Magic Hat.

He seems convinced of his own brilliance and unable to accept criticism or advice.

Heisenberg
31-12-2017, 04:06 PM
Don’t get why the Cummings chat has started again now Warbiola has been sacked. Surely he’s going to stick around and try and make a good impression on whoever gets the job?

Hibs Class
31-12-2017, 06:47 PM
I'm as pleased as anyone to see warburton sacked for his failure, but lets not forget david weir has played his part in that failure and has also been fired :thumbsup:

Billy Whizz
31-12-2017, 06:56 PM
I'm as pleased as anyone to see warburton sacked for his failure, but lets not forget david weir has played his part in that failure and has also been fired :thumbsup:

I can’t stand Weir, arrogant git. That’s him now been fired as a Manager and an assistant
That means he’ll get a job as a pundit on BBC/Sky/BT

Mr White
31-12-2017, 07:15 PM
I can’t stand Weir, arrogant git. That’s him now been fired as a Manager and an assistant
That means he’ll get a job as a pundit on BBC/Sky/BT

:agree:

He ticks all of the required boxes for the job.

givescotlandfreedom
01-01-2018, 04:08 AM
Maybe he'll find the time now to congratulate us on our fabulous Scottish Cup victory. The first opposition manager to get that honour for 114 years, he should be delighted.

Onion
01-01-2018, 07:48 AM
If we can keep on the way we are, it looks good for the immediate and long term future.

As long as the Board can attract decent managers, no reason why we can't keep this going and compete at the top end. Our problems in the past have stemmed from rubbish managerial appointments, which flows through to poor player signings, tactics, attitude etc. Stubbs was a big step in the right direction, and Lennon has taken it on even further. Quality, attitude, mentality are light years from what we had at the club pre-relagation.

Dashing Bob S
01-01-2018, 09:53 AM
:agree:

He ticks all of the required boxes for the job.

1. Hun 2. Failure 3. Dim 4. Unable to string two sentences together.

Bostonhibby
01-01-2018, 10:37 AM
1. Hun 2. Failure 3. Dim 4. Unable to string two sentences together.

:agree: plus I forgot to add graceless and classless to my earlier critique. It seems so inadequate just to call him a bellend.

Scott Allan Key
01-01-2018, 01:01 PM
He's never had much idea about what a decent defender looks like, or how to hold onto a lead[emoji6]

And definitely arrogant without having much to be arrogant about.

Indeed, one semi-bright Hun I knew couldn’t believe he let McGregor, one of their best players and only good defender go.

YehButNoBut
01-01-2018, 02:19 PM
Cummings not even on the bench today for Forrest, think he was a sub at the weekend so not in the picture much at the moment.

greenginger
01-01-2018, 02:26 PM
Indeed, one semi-bright Hun I knew couldn’t believe he let McGregor, one of their best players and only good defender go.

and , I think he had just won the Sevco player of the year.

stu in nottingham
01-01-2018, 02:27 PM
Cummings not even on the bench today for Forrest, think he was a sub at the weekend so not in the picture much at the moment.

He hasn't been in the squad much recently. There were tales of a fall-out between him and Warburton which the latter refuted. Unless the new manager has different ideas he seems well down the pecking order at the moment. Daryl Murphy, Ben Brereton, Tyler Walker and (I think) Zach Clough have all been preferred over Jason recently. They also have a decent striker who has been given no chance at all in Apostolos Vellios. Additionally, Forest have generally been playing just one up front.

Mr White
01-01-2018, 02:53 PM
He hasn't been in the squad much recently. There were tales of a fall-out between him and Warburton which the latter refuted. Unless the new manager has different ideas he seems well down the pecking order at the moment. Daryl Murphy, Ben Brereton, Tyler Walker and (I think) Zach Clough have all been preferred over Jason recently. They also have a decent striker who has been given no chance at all in Apostolos Vellios. Additionally, Forest have generally been playing just one up front.

Have you heard much feedback from Forest fans about how Barrie McKay has settled in? Just watching the first half at Elland Rd there and he's been a bit anonymous but hasn't done much wrong.

stu in nottingham
01-01-2018, 03:17 PM
Have you heard much feedback from Forest fans about how Barrie McKay has settled in? Just watching the first half at Elland Rd there and he's been a bit anonymous but hasn't done much wrong.

Yes and I've seen him play a couple of times, both excellent displays. In Forest's 4-0 win over QPR he completely terrorised their defence.

I think at one point he was considered as Forest's best close season signing and possibly player of the season material early on by the fans. Recently, his form has dropped off a cliff though and he looks shorn of confidence. That won't have been helped by Warburton's previous insistence on substituting him at around seventy minutes in many games, no matter how well he was playing.

Many of the Forest supporters I know think they got a great deal earlier in the season. The tide seems to have turned against him somewhat as the team's results have swallow dived. I like him myself, very neat and with fast feet, he is a bit one-footed though.

Mr White
01-01-2018, 03:25 PM
Yes and I've seen him play a couple of times, both excellent displays. In Forest's 4-0 win over QPR he completely terrorised their defence.

I think at one point he was considered as Forest's best close season signing and possibly player of the season material early on by the fans. Recently, his form has dropped off a cliff though and he looks shorn of confidence. That won't have been helped by Warburton's previous insistence on substituting him at around seventy minutes in many games, no matter how well he was playing.

Many of the Forest supporters I know think they got a great deal earlier in the season. The tide seems to have turned against him somewhat as the team's results have swallow dived. I like him myself, very neat and with fast feet, he is a bit one-footed though.

Cheers, the reason I asked was he strikes me as the kind of Scottish player we seem to produce all too often, skillful, good technique and delivery but due to physical development there's a fairly low ceiling to where he's going to get to in the game.

I don't mean his size or even just strength, it's more a lack of a combination of strength, agility and athleticism. In contrast to a lot of young English players but quite reminiscent of guys like Barry Bannon, Jamie Walker and Callum McGregor who share a similar weakness that's going to or already has hampered their prospects despite having some good attributes.

stu in nottingham
01-01-2018, 03:35 PM
Cheers, the reason I asked was he strikes me as the kind of Scottish player we seem to produce all too often, skillful, good technique and delivery but due to physical development there's a fairly low ceiling to where he's going to get to in the game.

I don't mean his size or even just strength, it's more a lack of a combination of strength, agility and athleticism. In contrast to a lot of young English players but quite reminiscent of guys like Barry Bannon, Jamie Walker and Callum McGregor who share a similar weakness that's going to or already has hampered their prospects despite having some good attributes.

I know what you mean, he's hardly robust but has a lot of natural talent. A former player like Pat Nevin comes to mind also. It might be a case of having one or two of the right players around him. Forest are generally a very small side, especially in midfield and I don't think that helps him. A little while ago I was considering him a reasonable thought for a Scotland call-up, not currently though.

Callum McGregor also played here thirty-odd times on loan on the other side of the Trent at Notts County. Similarly, he was startling at first and head and shoulders above many of the League One journeymen around him. His form also dipped to the point of becoming fairly anonymous too.

02-01-2018, 05:08 PM
I vote Warburton for the Rangers Job. He could do a good job there.