PDA

View Full Version : Hanlon Booking

Pretty Boy
30-12-2017, 08:15 PM
What happened there? I was watching the ball, next thing a lot of people were shouting and Hanlon and Broadfoot were rolling about on the ground.

HTD1875
30-12-2017, 08:33 PM
Looked like Hanlon was dragged to the ground by Broadfoot at a corner, Broadfoot wouldn’t let him up and Hanlon lashed out. Imagine there was more to it as in 10 years of watching Hanlon I’ve never seen him get angry at all. Broadfoots a horrible hun who’s been involved in multiple scuffles this season alone. Not to mention the McLean incident a couple years back. Hope his next microwaved egg ends up in his eye.

hibee_girl
30-12-2017, 08:38 PM
Looked like Hanlon was dragged to the ground by Broadfoot at a corner, Broadfoot wouldn’t let him up and Hanlon lashed out. Imagine there was more to it as in 10 years of watching Hanlon I’ve never seen him get angry at all. Broadfoots a horrible hun who’s been involved in multiple scuffles this season alone. Not to mention the McLean incident a couple years back. Hope his next microwaved egg ends up in his eye.

Like you say a strange one and I mentioned to my Grandad at the time that you never see Hanlon arguing like that so he must have felt aggrieved!

Pete
30-12-2017, 08:41 PM
I just saw the lashing out part by Hanlon and I feared the worst.

Don’t know what it was all about but the holding and grappling that they got away with when corners were being taken was ridiculous. Maybe it was pure frustration on Hanlons part.

greenlex
30-12-2017, 08:41 PM
What was even more bizarre was he restarted the game at the throw in. Surely if Paul’s done something worth a booking it was foul play and a free kick to them? He couldn’t possibly be playing advantage.
I thought Hanlon was just trying to wrestle himself out of Broadfoots hold. I’d be surprised if he tried to punch him. He may have caught him but I doubt it would be a proper punch.

3pm
30-12-2017, 09:10 PM
A couple of pics but nothing that helps with the original question.

https://twitter.com/billybryson07/status/947227038686986240

jonny
30-12-2017, 09:17 PM
I just saw the lashing out part by Hanlon and I feared the worst.

Don’t know what it was all about but the holding and grappling that they got away with when corners were being taken was ridiculous. Maybe it was pure frustration on Hanlons part.

I saw the same. It looked like a clear punch from Hanlon from where I was.
I didn't see what Broadfoot done so the best I was hoping for was the pair to be sent off. I was really surprised when Hanlon was given a yellow and thought he got off with it lightly.

HappyAsHellas
30-12-2017, 09:23 PM
On a few previous corners Broadfoot had Hanlon in a wrestling grip which the referee failed to pick up on. Hanlon even went to the ref to tell him to watch for it which the referee obviously ignored,giving hun boy the licence to do it again which is how it kicked off, I believe.

SaulGoodman
30-12-2017, 09:25 PM
A couple of pics but nothing that helps with the original question.

https://twitter.com/billybryson07/status/947227038686986240

When did Hanlon get a tattoo on his leg?

Ilovehibs
30-12-2017, 09:36 PM
What happened there? I was watching the ball, next thing a lot of people were shouting and Hanlon and Broadfoot were rolling about on the ground.

I thought it looked like punches were thrown but all happened so quickly it was hard to tell.
The photos posted above hopefully show it was more of a tussle than fisticuffs. As others have said, very unlike Paul Hanlon so must have been provoked.

Im hoping that since a yellow was shown at the time then no further action can be taken...thats if there is any evidence of more aggro.

The_Exile
30-12-2017, 09:38 PM
Hanlon landed a cracking right hand round Broadfoots ugly mug and when the lino went over to the ref I was convinced he was getting red. Dodged one there Paul, tell you what though, that laddie is as hard as nails :greengrin

Ilovehibs
30-12-2017, 09:41 PM
Hanlon landed a cracking right hand round Broadfoots ugly mug and when the lino went over to the ref I was convinced he was getting red. Dodged one there Paul, tell you what though, that laddie is as hard as nails :greengrin

Thats what I thought too.
Hope there's no retrospective action on big Paul.

greenlex
30-12-2017, 09:57 PM
Thats what I thought too.
Hope there's no retrospective action on big Paul.

They can’t. He’s already been punished for his indiscretion.

Ilovehibs
30-12-2017, 09:59 PM
Good.

Liam89
30-12-2017, 10:01 PM
When did Hanlon get a tattoo on his leg?

Beat me to it. Is that a massive fresh tattoo or a weird mud shape? :Ummm:

easty
30-12-2017, 10:04 PM
looked like broadfoot had Paul in a headlock, then when they were both down, as Paul went to get up he either punched broadfoot, or pushed him in the face, Broadfoot was on his back on the ground, to get up.

It looked a red card to me.

Albanian Hibs
30-12-2017, 10:31 PM
Hanlon def threw a punch. Hope it got him good 👊

DavidDavidGray
30-12-2017, 10:40 PM
Looked like Hanlon punched him a couple of times from where I was, thought a red was incoming.

Rick Rude
30-12-2017, 10:43 PM

Might be kinesio tape? Think there's patterned versions of them that have become more popular.

Regarding the incident, the way the ref reached for the card I thought it was going to be a red.

hibee1875
30-12-2017, 10:45 PM

It's not a tattoo it's one of those things used to prevent muscle injuries (I think that's what they're for). Most players wear blue ones but Deli Ali wears that fleshy tattoo looking one too.

Baader
30-12-2017, 10:47 PM
Shouldn't take much to deal with Broadfoot.

We are talking about a man who finished worse off against an egg.

eastcoasthibby
31-12-2017, 07:46 AM
If referees take action on the amount of manhandling that.goes.on non of this crap happens, Broadfoot hawled Hanlon to the ground again and wouldnt let.go of him about the head and Hanlon tried to get him to let go ...simple !!! 😁

we are hibs
31-12-2017, 07:54 AM
Hanlon definitely threw a hand at him on the ground. Broadfoot is a detestable little rat. Well suited to a club like Kilmarnock.

JimBHibees
31-12-2017, 08:01 AM
Hanlon definitely threw a hand at him on the ground. Broadfoot is a detestable little rat. Well suited to a club like Kilmarnock

Bit harsh no. No idea what is detestable about them was good to see them in such good numbers.

John_R_Corbett
31-12-2017, 08:22 AM
Bit harsh no. No idea what is detestable about them was good to see them in such good numbers.aye, and singing their hun wannabe songs.

macca70
31-12-2017, 08:29 AM
Hanlon defo threw a couple of punches but dealt with by a yellow so no retrospective action can be taken.

Kirk Clubfoot also threw a punch but don’t think he got booked so maybe he should receive a retrospective red.

JimBHibees
31-12-2017, 08:41 AM
aye, and singing their hun wannabe songs.

Not really the words were changed and they have sung these songs for years. Gave their team very good support

marinello59
31-12-2017, 08:46 AM

Eh? They have sung the Killie boys for years, nowt wrong with it.

lyonhibs
31-12-2017, 09:07 AM
Eh? They have sung the Killie boys for years, nowt wrong with it.

Indeed. They've also been around for longer than the Huns, so really it's them who are wannabe Killie fans.

greenlex
31-12-2017, 09:22 AM
Is it the tune you hate?

Nakedmanoncrack
31-12-2017, 09:36 AM
Looked to me like a punch thrown, was expecting a red to be honest.

Hibs Class
31-12-2017, 10:14 AM
Think the ref realised a straight red would have ruled Paul out of the cup game, and then decided he was due us a favour after not awarding us a pen in he Falkirk play-off, so opted for yellow instead :greengrin

Franck Stanton
31-12-2017, 10:21 AM
Bit harsh no. No idea what is detestable about them was good to see them in such good numbers.

Ever been to Killie game away ? Bit like stepping back to the 70's. Mutants lining all the approach roads to the away end growling at you as you pass. Even the PAP's do it. They need to grow up and enter the 2st century. Oh, and Kilmarnock is a right ****hole of a place.

tamig
31-12-2017, 10:29 AM
Ever been to Killie game away ? Bit like stepping back to the 70's. Mutants lining all the approach roads to the away end growling at you as you pass. Even the PAP's do it. They need to grow up and enter the 2st century. Oh, and Kilmarnock is a right ****hole of a place.

Mmm. I’ve never seen or heard any real bother on visits there since the 80s. Never a peep now and that’s been mainly on the train with a walk from the station via few pubs to the ground.

NAE NOOKIE
31-12-2017, 10:42 AM

I've been to Killie a few times and apart from my mate being hit with a half brick back in the late 70s I think it was I haven't seen any bother in or out of the ground, in fact the last time I was there for the cup game Hibs and Killie fans were drinking in the same boozer together quite happily.

Their support did sound a bit Hunnish yesterday, but its the tunes rather than the words that are offensive to the ear :greengrin

marinello59
31-12-2017, 10:45 AM

It’s one of my favourite away days, , decent enough ground and no bother mixing with the Killie fans in the pubs beforehand. I can’t say I recognise your description at all. Maybe I just like the seventies though. :greengrin

One Day
31-12-2017, 03:02 PM
I thought it looked like punches were thrown but all happened so quickly it was hard to tell.
The photos posted above hopefully show it was more of a tussle than fisticuffs. As others have said, very unlike Paul Hanlon so must have been provoked.

Im hoping that since a yellow was shown at the time then no further action can be taken...thats if there is any evidence of more aggro.

I think Hanlon punched him. I thought he was off

staunchhibby
31-12-2017, 03:12 PM
Was no more than Broadfoot deserved given his niggling throughout

nonshinyfinish
31-12-2017, 03:49 PM
What was even more bizarre was he restarted the game at the throw in. Surely if Paul’s done something worth a booking it was foul play and a free kick to them? He couldn’t possibly be playing advantage.
I thought Hanlon was just trying to wrestle himself out of Broadfoots hold. I’d be surprised if he tried to punch him. He may have caught him but I doubt it would be a proper punch.

Had the ball already gone out of play by the time Hanlon skelped him? If so it wouldn't be a free kick.

greenlex
31-12-2017, 03:53 PM
Had the ball already gone out of play by the time Hanlon skelped him? If so it wouldn't be a free kick.

I think Hanlon was on his feet and heading out the box before the throw in..

HibbyKeith
31-12-2017, 03:59 PM
I've watched it back on the hibs tv 2nd half replay. you don't see what actually happens on the ground just all the shirt tugging then what appears like Broadfoot with Hanlon in a headlock before Hanlon returns said headlock and they both hit the deck.

For anyone with HTV it happens at the 77th min corner but if you rewind to the 65th min you can see Hanlon being dragged by Broadfoot before he complains to the ref.

Both are penalty shouts for me, the 65th min one would have be a bit contentious but the one where Hanlon gets booked is a stonewall penalty IMO (Before the on ground handbags)

There were a number of other challenges in the game that went unpunished too. Boyd's challenge through the back of McGinn in the 24th min and the attempted challenge on Boyle in the 86th min where really his pace stops him getting a sore one.

AZhibee
31-12-2017, 04:22 PM

Paul get away with a punch away to Raith couple three years ago?

Fergus52
31-12-2017, 04:30 PM
Had a pretty good view of the incident as it was right in front of where I was sitting.

Broadfoot had pulled hanlon down at the corner, then repeatedly pulled him back to the ground as he was trying to get up to run back. Hanlon then hooked him right in the jaw.

Hanlon should have been off, but we should have had a pen as well.

SunshineOnLeith
31-12-2017, 05:24 PM
Not really the words were changed and they have sung these songs for years. Gave their team very good support

Find their adoption of Rangers' "No one likes us, we don't care" shtick a bit weird...does anyone have a strong opinion about liking or disliking Kilmarnock?

WeveGotMcginn
31-12-2017, 06:11 PM
Find their adoption of Rangers' "No one likes us, we don't care" shtick a bit weird...does anyone have a strong opinion about liking or disliking Kilmarnock?

Was saying this to my pal as well, very strange chant[emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eyrie
31-12-2017, 08:14 PM

Only Ayr United fans.

wookie70
31-12-2017, 08:38 PM
Watched the incident and all you can tell is Hibs should probably have had their 3rd or 4th penalty of the game. As the earlier poster said Broadfoot got away with some ridiculous grappling a wee while earlier and Paul was being held at the incident. It's understandable he lashed pit

where'stheslope
02-01-2018, 11:17 AM
They can’t. He’s already been punished for his indiscretion.

Not if its violent conduct!!!!

greenlex
02-01-2018, 12:04 PM
[QUOTE=where'stheslope;5264908]Not if its violent conduct!!!![/QUOTE
The match officials saw the incident and dealt with it.

Ozyhibby
02-01-2018, 12:57 PM
[QUOTE=where'stheslope;5264908]Not if its violent conduct!!!![/QUOTE
The match officials saw the incident and dealt with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk