PDA

View Full Version : Penalty shout in the first half?

Jones28
30-12-2017, 09:04 PM
Anyone else feel that Shaw being pulled back could have been judged a penalty?

Think it was around the 20th minute, can't quite remember the full circumstances but felt it could have been from the west upper.

HappyAsHellas
30-12-2017, 09:11 PM
From the FF upper it looked like it might have been a definite foul, but nowhere near the ball which is why I think the ref correctly ignored it.

Sammy7nil
30-12-2017, 09:15 PM
From the FF upper it looked like it might have been a definite foul, but nowhere near the ball which is why I think the ref correctly ignored it.

Are you allowed to foul players so long as they are not near the ball :dunno::dunno::dunno:

wookie70
30-12-2017, 09:15 PM
It was a definite foul and we had a great angle from the west upper pretty much inline. The linesman would have easily spotted. I presume that the officials thought Shaw was never getting to the ball not that that has anything to do with it. Hanlon's booking is a mystery too. From where I was the incident took place when the ball was still on the field but despite Hanlon being booked the ref award a throw in.

tamig
30-12-2017, 09:16 PM
Are you allowed to foul players so long as they are not near the ball :dunno::dunno::dunno:

No.

itslegaltender
31-12-2017, 08:12 AM
Stokes had more of a penalty shout in first half. If he had taken a tumble driving in from the East stand side rather than staying up. Think it was Swanson that ultimately dragged the shot wide of the near post.

green day
31-12-2017, 08:21 AM
It was a definite foul and we had a great angle from the west upper pretty much inline. The linesman would have easily spotted. I presume that the officials thought Shaw was never getting to the ball not that that has anything to do with it. Hanlon's booking is a mystery too. From where I was the incident took place when the ball was still on the field but despite Hanlon being booked the ref award a throw in.

You must be near me. Defender had his arms round him, definitely a penalty. Ref had a poor view, but the linesman had a great view.

eastcoasthibby
31-12-2017, 08:24 AM
The defenders made.sure Shaw was not getting near the ball bu pushing him immediately when he started to move ...another inept set of officials. Stokes run, exactly the situation where refs are encouraging.players.to go down to get the decision because being.honest and staying on your feet doesn't benefit the player !!

lyonhibs
31-12-2017, 10:05 AM
Stokes had more of a penalty shout in first half. If he had taken a tumble driving in from the East stand side rather than staying up. Think it was Swanson that ultimately dragged the shot wide of the near post.

Yeah, that's the one for me. If Stokes was crafty and left a leg in to get hit by the lunging slide tackle, it was a stick on penalty. He also should have shot about 2 touches earlier.

xyz23jc
31-12-2017, 11:31 AM

Only if you are not in home team's colours. :greengrin

Eyrie
31-12-2017, 12:36 PM
Anyone else feel that Shaw being pulled back could have been judged a penalty?

Think it was around the 20th minute, can't quite remember the full circumstances but felt it could have been from the west upper.

Several of us in section 11 appealed at the time, but not everyone did.

I'm surprised that no-one else has asked the question on here though.

Jones28
31-12-2017, 02:00 PM
Several of us in section 11 appealed at the time, but not everyone did.

I'm surprised that no-one else has asked the question on here though.

I was the one in the Barbour jacket going radge 😂

CMurdoch
31-12-2017, 09:04 PM
I was the one in the Barbour jacket going radge 😂

Establishment supporter :wink:

HappyAsHellas
31-12-2017, 09:11 PM
Just to clarify the definite foul observation - I think the ref sees two players tussling and one of them going down but hasn't necessarily seen the start of the tussle but knows it's not near the flight of the ball and therefore ignores it. Every week if you watch at corners there's always a bit of this going on nowadays - Broadfoot on Hanlon was for me a stone waller whether as the Shaw one was debatable.