PDA

View Full Version : Laughatme Sending Off (Red Card Stands)

Pages : 1 [2]

JDHibs
09-01-2018, 12:28 PM
Hearts are 100% stronger with Lafferty leading the line, hes hated on here but hes not that bad a player. They have nobody else who can lead their line with the current hoofball tactics except Stockton who looks absolutely garbage.

RossScott1991
09-01-2018, 12:30 PM
Caused us a few problems at Easter Road. Ask any Jambo they are definitely weaker without him.

maybe at rangers, but i don't remember first derby of the season any problems caused ?:dunno:

Archie70
09-01-2018, 12:31 PM
Goncalves looks to be heading out the door.

It'll need to be a garage door!!!

hibsbollah
09-01-2018, 12:32 PM
Hearts are 100% stronger with Lafferty leading the line, hes hated on here but hes not that bad a player. They have nobody else who can lead their line with the current hoofball tactics except Stockton who looks absolutely garbage.

:agree: I was surprised to see he's actually got a good goalscoring record, looks like 11 in all competitions which is fairly decent for someone i was under the impression has had a joke season so far.

JDHibs
09-01-2018, 12:33 PM
:agree: I was surprised to see he's actually got a good goalscoring record, looks like 11 in all competitions which is fairly decent for someone i was under the impression has had a joke season so far.

Thats my point.

Considering he gets no help from the midfield as they are usually miles back, an 11 goal return is pretty decent!

09-01-2018, 12:34 PM
maybe at rangers, but i don't remember first derby of the season any problems caused ?:dunno:

With his elbows.

Plus, I recall 1 chance from about the corner of the 18yd box, he tried to lob Marciano and it landed on the top of the net. It never looked like it was going in.

hibsbollah
09-01-2018, 12:34 PM
Thats my point.

Considering he gets no help from the midfield as they are usually miles back, an 11 goal return is pretty decent!

I know. Im agreeing with you!:greengrin

Diclonius
09-01-2018, 12:35 PM
Good.

poolman
09-01-2018, 12:35 PM
Jambos are spewing over this, to quote one of them.. “step up to the plate Cole Stockton.” 😂

Another Yam said it's more evidence of corruption in the SFA :bye:

G B Young
09-01-2018, 12:36 PM
Good to see he dressed smart for the occasion:

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/kyle-lafferty-out-of-hearts-hibs-cup-tie-as-sfa-reject-red-card-appeal-1-4656953

bingo70
09-01-2018, 12:39 PM
Good to see he dressed smart for the occasion:

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/kyle-lafferty-out-of-hearts-hibs-cup-tie-as-sfa-reject-red-card-appeal-1-4656953

Thought he’d died his hair that weird grey/silver colour?

Hermit Crab
09-01-2018, 12:44 PM
With his elbows.

Plus, I recall 1 chance from about the corner of the 18yd box, he tried to lob Marciano and it landed on the top of the net. It never looked like it was going in.

Dissagre, I think he was unlucky.

yonder1875
09-01-2018, 12:45 PM
I'm glad, he's more likely to score than any other striker they've got and that's not much of a compliment to him.

CMurdoch
09-01-2018, 12:46 PM
And the £ 1000 appeal fee down the stank.

Cake sale anyone ? :greengrin

Other than desperation for him to play against us I didn't understand them appealing.
They need every penny and their supporters have been conscienced into giving till it hurts.
The appeal was never going to be successful. only Celtic can afford to waste money.
There is even a case for Celtic to pay £10,000 for an appeal given the fee is probably in place to dissuade teams from making lots of ridiculous appeals.

cabbageandribs1875
09-01-2018, 12:48 PM
poor laugherty

#laughathertz

Hermit Crab
09-01-2018, 12:50 PM

He did. He now looks like Tommy Lee Jones character, Clay Shaw/Bertrand from the film JFK.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180109/468aedc27ec3db16a495d8334fe05816.jpg

Big_Franck
Caused us a few problems at Easter Road. Ask any Jambo they are definitely weaker without him.

He caused us no problems whatsoever at Easter Road. He's done nothing in 3 hours of derbies so far so i'm struggling to see how they'll miss him. Until I remember that Cole the goal is his replacement :greengrin

ehf
Jambos are spewing over this, to quote one of them.. “step up to the plate Cole Stockton.” 😂

:confused: Surely they'll have Griezmann in before the derby?

CMurdoch
09-01-2018, 12:51 PM

Yeah, where is the Philip Schofield

Hermit Crab
09-01-2018, 12:52 PM
:confused: Surely they'll have Griezmann in before the derby?

He wants 400.000 a week to sign for Man U, Hearts could top that no bother!

Big_Franck
09-01-2018, 12:52 PM

It was all a hoax.

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/northern-ireland-footballer-kyle-lafferty-fools-fans-by-dying-hair-silver-and-blonde-36467726.html

Hilarious.

Tornadoes70
09-01-2018, 12:54 PM
One good thing about this transfer window is that after the yams are turfed out of yet another SC tie from us is at least we shouldn't have to hear the usual bleating from any excuse will do Levein regarding injuries or squad being light as his club have had ample opportunity to bring in replacements.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

Ronniekirk
09-01-2018, 01:04 PM
He has lost his appeal Nae surprise there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SouthMoroccoStu
09-01-2018, 01:07 PM
He has lost his appeal Nae surprise there

Considering some of the (the rangers - Ryan Jack) appeals they have overturned this season I would say it is a surprise

JimBHibees
09-01-2018, 01:15 PM

Agree they are worse without him and he also played really well v Celtic.

Hibbyradge
09-01-2018, 01:21 PM
I'm glad he's not able to play.

Not just because it damages Levein's game plan, but more importantly, for our players'health and safety.

Ironically, hertz might be forced to play a bit less direct so defending against them may be more difficult.

Aldo
09-01-2018, 01:26 PM
Yep apparently he’s lost his appeal [emoji23]

Never had any to start with [emoji85]

JeMeSouviens
09-01-2018, 01:30 PM
Have things got that bad for them that he's the preferred choice over Goncalves?

We may be about to witness the return of the fabled 4-6-0! :wink:

JimBHibees
09-01-2018, 01:32 PM
I'm glad he's not able to play.

Not just because it damages Levein's game plan, but more importantly, for our players'health and safety.

Ironically, hertz might be forced to play a bit less direct so defending against them may be more difficult.

I would predict a large forward being brought in prior to the derby.

hibsbollah
09-01-2018, 01:33 PM

:nade:

JimBHibees
09-01-2018, 01:36 PM

Hope not he cant stop scoring against us. :greengrin

Hibee87
09-01-2018, 01:44 PM

Im sure they are linked with/have a player on trial form Holland who is 6'5 or somthing.

R'Albin
09-01-2018, 01:46 PM
Good news IMO. He played reasonably well at Easter Road but had absolutely no support from their midfield.

Ronniekirk
09-01-2018, 02:19 PM
Never had any to start with [emoji85]

Tattie Peel Roaster

murray26
09-01-2018, 02:35 PM
I’m happy with that.. on the tattie field the call a pitch he can be a nuisance.. glad he’s out..

JohnMcM
09-01-2018, 02:36 PM

Where is Nade nowadays anyway?

JimBHibees
09-01-2018, 02:38 PM
Im sure they are linked with/have a player on trial form Holland who is 6'5 or somthing.

Would sound about right.

Bostonhibby
09-01-2018, 02:55 PM
Im sure they are linked with/have a player on trial form Holland who is 6'5 or somthing.An odd one as there's bound to be taller men in Holland that they could sign. Some of them might even be registered as footballers.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Hibee87
09-01-2018, 03:05 PM
Im told this is the chap (from one of them) they are after - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leon_de_Kogel

Fanforlife
09-01-2018, 03:50 PM
Few over there now saying Petrie to blame for appeal failing.Convinced he was on appeal committee.***** roasters.😂

IlDiavola
09-01-2018, 03:53 PM

:feed:

Big L
09-01-2018, 04:01 PM
Few over there now saying Petrie to blame for appeal failing.Convinced he was on appeal committee.***** roasters.😂

I've watched that tackle a few times and it was brutal, his intention was to take Shinnie out and that's what he done. Dirty effing git!

IlDiavola
09-01-2018, 04:08 PM
I've watched that tackle a few times and it was brutal, his intention was to take Shinnie out and that's what he done. Dirty effing git!

Sorry, but I still think it was a yellow.

If it had been a Celtic or Rangers player that's the colour of card that would have been shown. Different rules for different clubs, as we all know.

Can't decide if it's a good thing or a bad that he's out of the derby :confused:

greenlex
09-01-2018, 04:22 PM

If it had been a Celtic or Rangers player that's the colour of card that would have been shown. Different rules for different clubs, as we all know.

Can't decide if it's a good thing or a bad that he's out of the derby :confused:
It was a red. Always was. Always will be.

IlDiavola
09-01-2018, 04:26 PM

:not worth That's me told.

:wink:

hibbyfraelibby
09-01-2018, 04:28 PM
Wonder if Potter will make a move to bring Nade back now...

greenlex
09-01-2018, 04:28 PM
:not worth That's me told.

:wink:

😄

IlDiavola
09-01-2018, 04:32 PM
Wonder if Potter will make a move to bring Nade back now...

Plays better against us than Laugh anyway.

So, that's a 'hope no' from me.

NAE NOOKIE
09-01-2018, 04:35 PM

The joke is they have a thread asking if they should release a statement. That got dissed early on coz 'they don't want to whine like the Hibs' and then the next page and a half is full of their whining and half baked paranoia :lolyam:

Because Laughatme would miss the cup game against Hibs if his appeal failed I highly doubt Rod Petrie would have been anywhere near that panel ... besides, if it was a 3 man tribunal that's less than £350 each for turning up, I doubt the Tache would get oot o' bed for less than £500 :greengrin

Monktonhall 7
09-01-2018, 04:44 PM
Just saw it in real time on SSN. Can't believe some on here are questioning the straight red. If Refs did that more often, e.g Mays and the Cockroach at ER, the Scottish game might be in a better state.

Onion
09-01-2018, 04:56 PM

:agree: Yams simply cannot afford to be humped out of the Cup for the 4th time running by Hibs, at home, making it 10 in a Row. Levein has one match to save his skin.

Onion
09-01-2018, 04:59 PM

And the Yams paid good money to have it confirmed :thumbsup:

IlDiavola
09-01-2018, 05:00 PM
:agree: Yams simply cannot afford to be humped out of the Cup for the 4th time running by Hibs, at home, making it 10 in a Row. Levein has one match to save his skin.

Bang on Onion. :aok:

It will not be easy for us, make no mistake about that.

Iggy Pope
09-01-2018, 05:12 PM
Just saw it in real time on SSN. Can't believe some on here are questioning the straight red. If Refs did that more often, e.g Mays and the Cockroach at ER, the Scottish game might be in a better state.

100%
Both challenges quoted were out of control therefore dangerous, cowardly and full of intent. May appeared to get off with it as he is hairy and lunking but just a tired big hermless forward of a laddie. Conversely, Cochrane got off because he hadn't started shaving and was missing his mammy, stuck amongst all the Hobos and their dirty needles. And at night.
Both reds and no mistake.

hibsbollah
09-01-2018, 05:15 PM

:agree:This is the big one for them. The record breaking Jambo youthquake and young Harry 'Kaka' Cochrane has me, for one, quite literally quaking in my size 11s. I hear Leveins so excited he can barely extricate himself from the khazi.

IlDiavola
09-01-2018, 05:18 PM
:agree:This is the big one for them. The record breaking Jambo youthquake and young Harry 'Kaka' Cochrane has me, for one, quite literally quaking in my size 11s. I hear Leveins so excited he can barely extricate himself from the khazi.

:not worth:top marks

Famous Fiver
09-01-2018, 05:49 PM
What irks me is that he should have received another red for his snarling aggressive attitude to the referee when he was given his marching orders. I thought refs were under orders to penalise aggression towards them?

Petrie, get it sorted!!

Mainstandman
09-01-2018, 06:32 PM
He wants 400.000 a week to sign for Man U, Hearts could top that no bother!
Should be no bother to them just a pound from each of there fans

Borderhibbie76
09-01-2018, 07:03 PM
He wants 400.000 a week to sign for Man U, Hearts could top that no bother!And Mirallas is on the way...oh wait 🤣[emoji85]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Deansy
09-01-2018, 07:34 PM

Personally I think it's a bad thing - now NL/Hibs faces an 'unknown quantity' in whoever they get in to replace the clown. Were Laughatme playing the game-plan would be simple - 'Just play football' wiping-out any effect the 'Irish Hen Broon' might have in the game.

Jack Hackett
09-01-2018, 08:21 PM
Personally I think it's a bad thing - now NL/Hibs faces an 'unknown quantity' in whoever they get in to replace the clown. Were Laughatme playing the game-plan would be simple - 'Just play football' wiping-out any effect the 'Irish Hen Broon' might have in the game.

This will be a big hit on whatever confidence they had of getting a result in a couple of weeks. The fact that they actually spent money on a doomed appeal, shows how desperate and paper thin their squad is and how badly they wanted him to play, so it's all good

... The seethe over the road is an added bonus :aok:

NORTHERNHIBBY
09-01-2018, 08:24 PM
Gutted that he can't play. Hearts might bring in someone half decent.

Jack Hackett
09-01-2018, 08:26 PM

Nah! :greengrin

vuefrom1875
09-01-2018, 08:35 PM
And the Yams paid good money to have it confirmed :thumbsup:

How much?

poolman
09-01-2018, 08:36 PM

Potter says Laffatme was unlucky as he was just a "fraction" away from the ball

WTF was he watching :confused:

macca70
09-01-2018, 08:44 PM

Potter becomes a bigger trumpet by the day, his arrogance and hatred for Hibs (and attacking style of football) is off the scale.

He was also a ‘fraction’ away from breaking the guys leg.

McD
09-01-2018, 08:55 PM

Isnt the appeal heard by a former player, former ref and former coach/manager?

Straw clutchers over there, although admittedly it’s funny to watch them Seth and create conspiracy theories :greengrin

WoreTheGreen
09-01-2018, 08:56 PM
Potter becomes a bigger trumpet by the day, his arrogance and hatred for Hibs (and attacking style of football) is off the scale.

He was also a ‘fraction’ away from breaking the guys leg.

CL was also a fraction away from being league winners but chose shanks of barrhead

Bishop Hibee
09-01-2018, 09:00 PM
When you saw the side on camera angle it was clear it was a red. Delighted they wasted a grand on the appeal.

Eyrie
09-01-2018, 09:49 PM

I'm not worried about someone who can't get a regular game ahead of Lafferty.

Tynie01011973
10-01-2018, 10:12 AM
Isnt the appeal heard by a former player, former ref and former coach/manager?

Straw clutchers over there, although admittedly it’s funny to watch them Seth and create conspiracy theories :greengrin

Muppet called JyTees trying to say the Appeals Panel was made up of Petrie,Lawell, Pat Bonner and Pat Stanton.

You really couldn't make this up 😗😂

HUTCHYHIBBY
10-01-2018, 12:26 PM

I concur.

Aldo
10-01-2018, 01:19 PM

It was his Balls not ball!!

Bostonhibby
10-01-2018, 01:35 PM
Muppet called JyTees trying to say the Appeals Panel was made up of Petrie,Lawell, Pat Bonner and Pat Stanton.

You really couldn't make this up [emoji10][emoji23]Could've been worse. Could have been made up of Lady Haig, the trustees of the Macraes Battalion Trust and a random selection of out of pocket creditors from their list of shame.

They got off lightly if it was just petrie and his band of selected yam lovers.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Kojock
10-01-2018, 01:54 PM
There's only one person to blame and that's Laughaminute himself he made a reckless challenge and was rightly red carded. Maybe Potter should be directing his anger at him instead of everyone else.

Tornadoes70
10-01-2018, 02:14 PM
There's only one person to blame and that's Laughaminute himself he made a reckless challenge and was rightly red carded. Maybe Potter should be directing his anger at him instead of everyone else.

:top marks

Potter doesn't do nor take blame instead he's an expert at deflection. Look at how he threw the inexperienced wholly inappropriately appointed Manager Cathro under the bus. It was crystal clear to me that Potter was in overall charge of team affairs and when the tom kite hit the fan Cathro alone walked the plank. He's a sneaky, self serving, defensive, any excuse will do Harry Potter impersonator

Potter will always seek to shift the blame away from himself every time.

kaimendhibs
11-01-2018, 01:30 AM

Can't decide if it's a good thing or a bad that he's out of the derby :confused:Sorry but was a red all day long

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Blaster
11-01-2018, 05:31 AM
Apologies if I missed it but hertz in talks to sign 6 ft 4 striker

Shock

Bostonhibby
11-01-2018, 09:19 AM

Shock

Read somewhere that his lack of height isn't a major problem as Potter has an excellent reputation for developing footballers so he'll be 7ft in no time.

mjhibby
11-01-2018, 09:40 AM
:top marks

Potter doesn't do nor take blame instead he's an expert at deflection. Look at how he threw the inexperienced wholly inappropriately appointed Manager Cathro under the bus. It was crystal clear to me that Potter was in overall charge of team affairs and when the tom kite hit the fan Cathro alone walked the plank. He's a sneaky, self serving, defensive, any excuse will do Harry Potter impersonator

Potter will always seek to shift the blame away from himself every time.

That's totally him. To come out with the nonsense that I'm surprised and disappointed reeks of pandering to the knuckle draggers. He's was desperate to have laugh at me available for the cup tie even when he had about a 1% chance of him getting off with it. So much for them being confident of having a striker and attacking midfielders now. Sad, sad man whose nonsense wouldn't be tolerated at other clubs.

11-01-2018, 04:52 PM

Shock

They'll need someone in, with all their attacking players on the way out. That's Everton apparently interested in Cochrane.

www.teamtalk.com/news/exclusive-everton-move-ahead-of-leeds-for-hearts-starlet (http://www.hibs.net/www.teamtalk.com/news/exclusive-everton-move-ahead-of-leeds-for-hearts-starlet)

Moulin Yarns
11-01-2018, 09:02 PM
Hearing they have agreed fee for Naismith from Norwich

lapsedhibee
11-01-2018, 09:19 PM

How can they afford a player of Naismith's calibre? Is this the start of the next spend-money-you-don't-have-cuff-the-hibs-a-few-times-go-into-admin cycle? :dunno:

mjhibby
11-01-2018, 09:31 PM

Very unlikely. Naismith is looking at his options and I would think hertz is the least likely of them. Sounds like a diversionary to take heat off not getting mclaren. Naismith will go to who pays the most of his substantial wages. Be very surprised if they could afford it.

HIBERNIAN-0762
12-01-2018, 08:20 AM

:hilarious:hilarious:hilarious

Phil MaGlass
12-01-2018, 09:23 AM
reeks of desperation, spend outwith their means to try and stay up with us, the more money they spend the better.

Aldo
12-01-2018, 10:39 AM
Dad on is what I say. Spend spend spend spend....all the pressure is on them.

Joe Baker2
12-01-2018, 03:28 PM
thank God we never signed that prick Laughalot.

cabbageandribs1875
13-01-2018, 11:28 AM
taken from 'wearehibs' on fb

Sky Sports Centre
Breaking News
Hibernian FC:
The Edinburgh club have lodged an appeal regarding the suspension of Kyle Lafferty for the cup game against Hearts on January 21st.

:hilarious

Jack Hackett
13-01-2018, 01:36 PM
taken from 'wearehibs' on fb

Sky Sports Centre
Breaking News
Hibernian FC:
The Edinburgh club have lodged an appeal regarding the suspension of Kyle Lafferty for the cup game against Hearts on January 21st.

:hilarious

:faf:

14-01-2018, 04:24 AM
The fact Potter thinks that is a perfectly acceptable tackle doesn't surprise me one bit - it's exactly the sort of dirty, thug-like play that his whole managerial philosophy is built around.

Shocking tackle, red card all day long.

lapsedhibee
14-01-2018, 09:18 PM
... Potter thinks that is a perfectly acceptable tackle ...

Not only was it not perfectly acceptable, it wasn't even a tackle.