PDA

View Full Version : Dylan Mcgeouch

Stuart93
29-12-2017, 06:03 PM
Just seen someone saying on twitter that the rangers have offered him a deal...anyone heard anything or is it a lot of *****?

Smartie
29-12-2017, 06:05 PM
One of the best midfielders in the country outside Celtic, available for free in the summer.

They'd be mad not to be interested.

Malthibby
29-12-2017, 06:06 PM
The latter, shurely. He's nowhere near that daft.
GG

Hermit Crab
29-12-2017, 06:06 PM
Was he not at The Rangers as a youngster and punted?

Pete
29-12-2017, 06:07 PM
Silly season.

Ozyhibby
29-12-2017, 06:07 PM

Not punted, he left and went back to Celtic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sir David Gray
29-12-2017, 06:08 PM

He was with Rangers as a youth but they didn't want to let him go.

Neil Lennon visited his home and asked him to come back to Celtic where he had been earlier in his youth career and he agreed. Walter Smith asked him to reconsider but he chose to go back to Celtic.

Hibernia&Alba
29-12-2017, 06:09 PM
Let's hope not. Losing both him and McGinn (which seems possible) would be a huge blow.

emerald green
29-12-2017, 06:10 PM
Twatter. :faf:

Thecat23
29-12-2017, 06:11 PM
It’s bollocks.

hibsbollah
29-12-2017, 06:11 PM
Has a new contract even been discussed? Can we afford him? Are we assuming he's away?

Sir David Gray
29-12-2017, 06:13 PM
Let's hope not. Losing both him and McGinn (which seems possible) would be a huge blow.

I would be devastated to lose one of them, I can't even imagine how I would feel if they both left.

Especially if McGeouch went to that lot.

Stuart93
29-12-2017, 06:15 PM
I thought as much, *****. But it's strange we're getting so close to January where he's free to talk to other clubs and nothing's been announced

Hfc_Since1875
29-12-2017, 06:32 PM
It’s bollocks.

Your usually on the money with your information so good enough for me! 👍🏻👍🏻

Do you know what the chances are of him signing a new deal??

Vini1875
29-12-2017, 06:42 PM
There has been some discussion of a new deal but Dylan surely would have to see what else is on offer. I would hope he would have some loyalty to Hibs since we nursed him through various injuries and treatments, however him being injured might make him think how precarious his situation is and have a look for anything with more moeny.

Captain Trips
29-12-2017, 06:42 PM
Regardless if we sell SJM this window which could happen as soon as that is agreed Dylan should be brought into office for the very best we can offer.

cabbageandribs1875
29-12-2017, 06:43 PM
There has been some discussion of a new deal but Dylan surely would have to see what else is on offer. I would hope he would have some loyalty to Hibs since we nursed him through various injuries and treatments, however him being injured might make him think how precarious his situation is and have a look for anything with more moeny.

been my thoughts for several months now :agree:

Seveno
29-12-2017, 06:46 PM
Usual Rangers disruption tactics against a rival club.

WoreTheGreen
29-12-2017, 06:55 PM
It’s bollocks.

Hope i’am wrong but heard he won’t be signing a new deal

Elephant Stone
29-12-2017, 07:00 PM

Reliable source? Losing McGinn and McGeouch would be a bad stane kick. :bitchy:

Since90+2
29-12-2017, 07:00 PM
I woudnt be surprised if both Sevco and Aberdeen are looking at him. He's one of the best midfielders in the country available on a free transfer and at 24 is a good age.

He seems to be many folks favourite player at the club ,myself included, and I hope I'm wrong but my gut instinct is he won't be with us next season.

yonder1875
29-12-2017, 07:01 PM
I woudnt be surprised if both Sevco and Aberdeen are looking at him. He's one of the best midfielders in the country available on a free transfer and at 24 is a good age.

He seems to be many folks favourite player at the club ,myself included, and I hope I'm wrong but my gut instinct is he won't be with us next season.

Whatever way you look at it Aberdeen would be a sidewards step to a worse city. He won't be going up there that's for sure.

Billy Whizz
29-12-2017, 07:02 PM

Think Lennon said he was likely to explore his options, as is his right
Doesn’t mean he won’t be at Hibs next season

Since90+2
29-12-2017, 07:03 PM
Whatever way you look at it Aberdeen would be a sidewards step to a worse city. He won't be going up there that's for sure.

Dont think you can say that for sure, Aberdeen pay more money than we do so if his concern is money then he may be tempted.

SunshineOnLeith
They don't let just anyone have a Twitter account, must be something in this.

WoreTheGreen
Reliable source? Losing McGinn and McGeouch would be a bad stane kick. :bitchy:

Someone at EM hope it s wrong great player when fit which i hope he thinks about when the club stood by him

darwenhibby
29-12-2017, 07:04 PM
Dylan would not surprise me that when he signs a new deal be it with us or another the injuries will return
Great player for Hibs but still have doubts about his consistency to play when he has a lengthy contract

Pete
29-12-2017, 07:05 PM
They don't let just anyone have a Twitter account, must be something in this.

:agree:

However, there’s no smoke without fire (said my taxi driver).

Captain Trips
29-12-2017, 07:08 PM
I would look to be challenging Aberdeen next season losing a player we have to them would not do.

Thecat23
29-12-2017, 07:12 PM
Your usually on the money with your information so good enough for me! 👍🏻👍🏻

Do you know what the chances are of him signing a new deal??

I think we have a very good chance of him signing a new deal.

jacomo
29-12-2017, 07:12 PM

When he's been fit (which isn't often enough) Dylan has been a near constant pick in midfield. We suit the way he plays - by no means a given.

I would hope he recognises what he has here and signs a new deal.

Thecat23
29-12-2017, 07:14 PM

I heard the opposite, suppose only Lennon and he’ll know but the couple of folk I’ve spoke too from Hibs seem confident.

WoreTheGreen
29-12-2017, 07:15 PM
I heard the opposite, suppose only Lennon and he’ll know but the couple of folk I’ve spoke too from Hibs seem confident.

Hope your right Mr cat

Hfc_Since1875
29-12-2017, 07:16 PM

Good enough for me 👍🏻

Thecat23
29-12-2017, 07:18 PM
Hope your right Mr cat

So do I, when he plays Hibs play. Dylan is a great ball player I think he’d be very hard to replace.

CMurdoch
29-12-2017, 07:22 PM
I would look to be challenging Aberdeen next season losing a player we have to them would not do.

Aberdeen - sideways move
Rangers - possible but a new manager from Englandshire will fortunately have other ideas
Celtic - don't think they would consider him good enough if Rodgers is still there

That leaves the English Championship as the main danger - hopefully the injury history would scare them off.

Given his injuries we may be able to tempt him with a long contract but if we do we are ones taking the risk of the injuries returning.

There will be a lot of weighing up by all parties before his future is resolved.

danhibees1875
29-12-2017, 07:59 PM
I got the impression that his injury proneness is stopping Hibs from either offering a deal or offering one on the terms Dylan wants. There was certainly a nod in the direction of the fact he's been a lot more available in the months he needs to agree a new contract; not something I personally believe.

People saying Aberdeen would be a sideways move are wide of the mark though - 2nd 3 years running, could do it again, European football, more money, signing mcginn's..

Famous Fiver
29-12-2017, 08:15 PM
Not a peep about this on the Rangers 'Fans' Forum, if you can call it that, A rancid place.

From the little I did read they don't appear to like Catholics, or anyone they do not deem as ''one of their own''.

I have no idea what religion, if any, Dylan subscribes to and quite frankly, does not make a blind bit of difference to me.

However if he is considering Rangers, a wee visit to their 'fans' website may just give him some food for thought.

bigwheel
29-12-2017, 08:16 PM
Not a peep about this on the Rangers 'Fans' Forum, if you can call it that, A rancid place.

From the little I did read they don't appear to like Catholics, or anyone they do not deem as ''one of their own''.

I have no idea what religion, if any, Dylan subscribes to and quite frankly, does not make a blind bit of difference to me.

However if he is considering Rangers, a wee visit to their 'fans' website may just give him some food for thought.

He has been there before as a youth...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

HibbiesandtheBaddies
29-12-2017, 08:34 PM
When he's been fit (which isn't often enough) Dylan has been a near constant pick in midfield. We suit the way he plays - by no means a given.

I would hope he recognises what he has here and signs a new deal.

:agree: We have stuck by Dylan. I'd like to see him at his best, given an extended run, before he moves on.

Fantastic football player.

Borderhibbie76
29-12-2017, 08:37 PM
I think we have a very good chance of him signing a new deal.If your confident I am happy TC 🤞

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Ken
29-12-2017, 08:41 PM
If he leaves, he will always be a legend for that day last May, but if he’s offered a new deal (a very good one at that) then I’d hope he would sign it especially with how much Hibs have stood by him during a number of bad and very frustrating injuries (for both him and the club)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lago
29-12-2017, 08:42 PM

I really really hope your on the money on this.

Craig_HFC
29-12-2017, 08:54 PM
I’d be gutted if Dylan left. I love watching him play.

bigwheel
29-12-2017, 09:06 PM
:agree: We have stuck by Dylan. I'd like to see him at his best, given an extended run, before he moves on.

Fantastic football player.

Well, the manager did tell him he was free to leave at the start of the season, when he still had doubts about Dylan's fitness....so he might not see us as loyal to him as we do.....

Thecat23
29-12-2017, 09:11 PM
Well, the manager did tell him he was free to leave at the start of the season, when he still had doubts about Dylan's fitness....so he might not see us as loyal to him as we do.....

This is also true, Lennon said he needed him fit and if he couldn’t get fit he’d be free to go. They get on very well though and Lennon could be the deciding factor in him staying imo. He’s loved here and as another poster said I think our style suits him.

bigwheel
29-12-2017, 09:14 PM
This is also true, Lennon said he needed him fit and if he couldn’t get fit he’d be free to go. They get on very well though and Lennon could be the deciding factor in him staying imo. He’s loved here and as another poster said I think our style suits him.

Cheers TC...glad to hear they get on...I wasn't sure tbh...to me , on his game, he is our best player. I'd love him to stay on...I fancy he will get a good move though , or else he should sack his agent!

And for a guy who left Celtic for Rangers, then went back to Celtic - it suggests he isn't too emotionally attached to clubs..and will look after himself.

bingo70
29-12-2017, 09:15 PM

Did he not have a pretty unhappy period at Coventry before he came to us?

Doesn’t really mean a huge amount I suppose but may go some way to putting him off going down south again.

Thecat23
29-12-2017, 09:23 PM
Cheers TC...glad to hear they get on...I wasn't sure tbh...to me , on his game, he is our best player. I'd love him to stay on...I fancy he will get a good move though , or else he should sack his agent!

And for a guy who left Celtic for Rangers, then went back to Celtic - it suggests he isn't too emotionally attached to clubs..and will look after himself.

Thing is I think Hibs will offer him a very good deal, one he may feel is enough and knowing the club and manager could well sway it.

keep the faith
29-12-2017, 09:25 PM
I would hope all the support he has had while not playing during his current contract will come into his thinking.

Thecat23
29-12-2017, 09:25 PM
Did he not have a pretty unhappy period at Coventry before he came to us?

Doesn’t really mean a huge amount I suppose but may go some way to putting him off going down south again.

Did he play many games for Coventry Bingo? I’d honestly forgot he went there, but agree it may well help us get him to sign if he didn’t enjoy it.

Bostonhibby
29-12-2017, 09:52 PM
Hoping he stays, wonderful football player in this league, he's what I used to call Hibs class.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

HibbiesandtheBaddies
29-12-2017, 10:14 PM

Might have been a pivotal moment. I'm sure Dylan knew he would have to find a way to manage his issues to have a good career in the game.

Hopefully he has, and stays with Hibs to show us the player we know he is. For all the hard hitting defenders, and free scoring forwards, intelligent players like Dylan are the reason I pay my money on a Saturday.

Unseen work
29-12-2017, 10:45 PM
Would be raging if he was to league us.

Very good player and we have stuck by him during a tough period.

horseflesh
29-12-2017, 10:54 PM
I got the impression that his injury proneness is stopping Hibs from either offering a deal or offering one on the terms Dylan wants. There was certainly a nod in the direction of the fact he's been a lot more available in the months he needs to agree a new contract; not something I personally believe.

People saying Aberdeen would be a sideways move are wide of the mark though - 2nd 3 years running, could do it again, European football, more money, signing mcginn's..
Its the resigning of Niall McGinn that makes this move unlikely, Aberdeen are similar to hibs and hearts in as much as they can only afford a few high earners

Pretty Boy
29-12-2017, 10:55 PM
McInnes is a long time admirer and Aberdeen seem to have a bit cash to throw about. If he ended up at Aberdeen then I'd be far from shocked.

Loyalty is, for the most part, a thing of the past in football so us having stuck by him (or honoured the contract we gave him is a more accurate description) is irrelevant really.

ancient hibee
29-12-2017, 11:03 PM
He owes Hibs nothing.Hibs didn’t stick by him .They paid him what he was due under his contract whether fit or not.

bigwheel
29-12-2017, 11:05 PM
Might have been a pivotal moment. I'm sure Dylan knew he would have to find a way to manage his issues to have a good career in the game.

Hopefully he has, and stays with Hibs to show us the player we know he is. For all the hard hitting defenders, and free scoring forwards, intelligent players like Dylan are the reason I pay my money on a Saturday.

I agree mate...he is imho our most talented player.

stoneyburn hibs
29-12-2017, 11:10 PM
He owes Hibs nothing.Hibs didn’t stick by him .They paid him what he was due under his contract whether fit or not.

Quid pro quo?

ancient hibee
29-12-2017, 11:12 PM
Eat tu Brute:greengrin

Glory Lurker
29-12-2017, 11:16 PM
All this based on someone saying they’ve seen something on twitter where someone’s said something? :faf: Just in, but take it the telly’s been rank tonight?

stoneyburn hibs
29-12-2017, 11:25 PM
Eat tu Brute:greengrin

Mange tout, mange tout.

Roxyhibee
29-12-2017, 11:38 PM
Hoping he stays, wonderful football player in this league, he's what I used to call Hibs class.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Fantastically gifted footballer. I'd put him alongside many of the great Hibs players I've had the pleasure of watching since the 60's.

When he's on his game, our midfield all play well. If he's not, they can struggle..

Been said many times before but if he didn't have his injury history issues, he'd be playing at Celtic or somewhere down South.

Would love him to sign another contract with us.

stoneyburn hibs
29-12-2017, 11:45 PM
I think he'll sign for Aberdeen. Hope I'm wrong .

Tornadoes70
29-12-2017, 11:55 PM

Hope you're wrong too. It would be massively disappointing if Dylan signs for the sheepies. The Granite city is not a city with appeal or attraction. I can't see Dylan leaving us to move up to the sheepies north hole. I think he'll stay with us for a while yet.

silverhibee
29-12-2017, 11:58 PM
McInnes is a long time admirer and Aberdeen seem to have a bit cash to throw about. If he ended up at Aberdeen then I'd be far from shocked.

Loyalty is, for the most part, a thing of the past in football so us having stuck by him (or honoured the contract we gave him is a more accurate description) is irrelevant really.

That's how I see it as well, Aberdeen is a good shout but I think he will see his contact out and hope to get a move to the English championship in the summer.

Michael
30-12-2017, 12:24 AM

Why? Worse city and they won't offer more than us for Mcgeouch.

MWHIBBIES
30-12-2017, 02:38 AM
Why? Worse city and they won't offer more than us for Mcgeouch.How do you know they wont?

heretoday
30-12-2017, 03:28 AM
McGeough is not McGinn. He has neither the physical nor the mental attributes required to be the Hibee midfield dynamo. He's basically a water carrier. I love him, but......................

We need another Collins/Commons type on the left side - assuming McGinn is away.

MWHIBBIES
30-12-2017, 03:33 AM
McGeough is not McGinn. He has neither the physical nor the mental attributes required to be the Hibee midfield dynamo. He's basically a water carrier. I love him, but......................

We need another Collins/Commons type on the left side - assuming McGinn is away.What mental attributes? Bravery? Composure? Decision making? Vision? Work rate? All things Dylan does very well.

heretoday
30-12-2017, 04:11 AM
What mental attributes? Bravery? Composure? Decision making? Vision? Work rate? All things Dylan does very well.

Dinny get me wrong. I love Dylan but he's not a clever midfield type like SJM. And he certainly couldn't carry the whole thing himself.

BSEJVT
30-12-2017, 06:47 AM

We need another Collins/Commons type on the left side - assuming McGinn is away.

What utter crap, up there with Lucky's post earlier in the week about Marvin Bartley.

A water carrier, Really?

Whilst he doesn't have the physical attributes of SJM, his "mental attributes" are yet another Hibs Net myth.

Dylan and Stokes are the two technically best footballers at ER by the length of Leith Walk.

Dylan has the ability to take the ball in tight situations and beat players with it with ease and retain the ball.

If you think he is a "water carrier" I would love to hear your considered descriptions on some of our other midfielders / players, let alone those on the rest of the league.

Allant1981
30-12-2017, 07:10 AM
Dinny get me wrong. I love Dylan but he's not a clever midfield type like SJM. And he certainly couldn't carry the whole thing himself.

sorry but thats just rubbish, mcgeouch is one of, if not the best footballer at the club

jax67
30-12-2017, 07:35 AM
sorry but thats just rubbish, mcgeouch is one of, if not the best footballer at the club

And one of the best football brains at the club.

WhileTheChief..
30-12-2017, 08:13 AM
We constantly go on about needing goals from midfield yet rave about McGeogh, McGinn and Boyle.

Unless we adopt Levein’s 4-6-0 formation something’s got to change.

So if these three are untouchable how do we solve that problem?

Clarence
30-12-2017, 08:59 AM
I think the club will do all they can to keep him but if he gets the chance of a life changing deal from another team you can't blame him for taking it. I don't see another team in Scotland offering him such a deal.

Aldo
30-12-2017, 09:10 AM

He couldn't and tbh neither can McGinn although he does try!

On his game Dylan is the most talented player at ER. I really do hope he signs a new contract.

SquashedFrogg
30-12-2017, 09:15 AM

100% disagree

hibsbollah
30-12-2017, 09:16 AM
We constantly go on about needing goals from midfield yet rave about McGeogh, McGinn and Boyle.

It's a good point.

MacGruber
30-12-2017, 09:29 AM

With a quality target man.

We don't play generally with a good hold up target man that holds the ball up and wins knock downs. This lets the midfield get up. We play more with mobile strikes looking to play on the shoulder. Dont mind how they play it as long as they are good players and doing the job. Short of changing personnel though you need a target man for this midfield to chip in more.....

... Oh, that and tell them no have a ping from 25 yards every now and then

Thecat23

DM has a better footballing brain than SJM at this time. Mcginn will indeed go on to better things but right now the better player overall when both are fit Is Dylan. He creates way more!

This isn’t in anyway saying McGinn can’t hes just got a lot to learn.

southern hibby
I’ll start by saying I’d love to keep both DMc and SJM, however as good as both these players are the don’t score many goals from midfield. In fact when they do get forward they can score. SJM’s 2 at Parkheid and Dylan’s goal against ( I think it was Aberdeen at Hampden) then came of injured.

We need an attacking midfield player who can chip in with goals, we thought we might see this earlier in the season with Danny however poor lads had a terrible season through no fault of his own. Maybe he can turn the corner and produce what we seen him do last season for St Johnstone now most of that’s behind him.

What I would like to see ( maybe it could work if tried ) is DMc further forward with the ball and linking up with the strikers like he did with his goal I mentioned earlier. Just think his pass can open defences. Big question though still remains can Hibs retain his services?

GGTTH

Sir David Gray
30-12-2017, 09:36 AM

Dylan McGeouch is one of the best midfielders in Scotland when he's fit. Thankfully his injury concerns appear to be behind him this season.

Make no mistake, we will struggle big time to replace him if/when he goes.

eastcoasthibby
30-12-2017, 09:40 AM

They have shown faith in him, its not an owe, just a bit of due respect, although has to be said that if it was true and NL was willing to let him go in the summer, that may reflect Dylan wanting to consider his options. And if he was to read half of what has been said about him on the fans forums over all of his time here, he might not feel 100% wanted here either ,!!!
Think the reality is what he can earn somewhere he thinks he will be happy at at this stage of his career .. England would be my bet but his fitness for the rest of the season will be a key part of who offers him what.

Michael
30-12-2017, 09:51 AM
How do you know they wont?

How can they? They're in the same league as us, get smaller crowds and have a stadium to pay for.

Billy Whizz
30-12-2017, 09:54 AM
How can they? They're in the same league as us, get smaller crowds and have a stadium to pay for.

They’ve just put a director on the board, who recently sold his company for over £600m

SquashedFrogg
30-12-2017, 09:55 AM

They've had substantial external investment recently and also not been stuck in the championship for 3 years.

I'd guess they also adopt a different business model than us.

Stuart93
30-12-2017, 10:12 AM

Been our best midfielder this season over mcginn.

The Spaceman
30-12-2017, 10:26 AM
He would be a big loss if he goes, particularly to a rival like Aberdeen. We are in as strong a position as I can remember as a club - we need to be able to hold onto our best players (SJM aside due to £!) and keep building as Aberdeen have done. Offer him the best terms we can.

SirDavidsNapper
30-12-2017, 11:51 AM
Have Hibs ever lost a player to Aberdeen?

Allant1981
30-12-2017, 01:00 PM
Have Hibs ever lost a player to Aberdeen?

jim leighton left to go back to aberdeen, cant mind if we offered a new contract though

oneone73
30-12-2017, 01:01 PM
jim leighton left to go back to aberdeen, cant mind if we offered a new contract though

Joe Harper too.

Borderhibbie76
30-12-2017, 01:14 PM

Loyalty is, for the most part, a thing of the past in football so us having stuck by him (or honoured the contract we gave him is a more accurate description) is irrelevant really.Doubt it...a lot of their budget has gone on resigning McGinn

Borderhibbie76
30-12-2017, 01:16 PM

We need another Collins/Commons type on the left side - assuming McGinn is away.Nonsense...if anything Dylan wins more ball than McGinn. Love them both but Dylan is far more important to the way we function as a team imo

blackpoolhibs
30-12-2017, 02:24 PM

Would he ever be asked to play in a 1 man midfield? :confused:

CraigHibee
30-12-2017, 03:36 PM
Great player when he is fit, I can understand the concerns at the start of the season but he's done well imo, hopefully signs on the dotted line

J-C
30-12-2017, 04:15 PM

What utter nonsense, Dylan is one of the cleverest midfielders in Scotland, deceivingly strong and very well balance and never panics when surrounded by players, we're lucky to have him and hopefully we'll have him here for another few years.

EH54
30-12-2017, 05:14 PM
What utter nonsense, Dylan is one of the cleverest midfielders in Scotland, deceivingly strong and very well balance and never panics when surrounded by players, we're lucky to have him and hopefully we'll have him here for another few years.

Wish he would just shoot sometimes

J-C
30-12-2017, 05:20 PM
Wish he would just shoot sometimes

Wish nearly all the mids and forwards wold shoot more often, fed up watching them trying to walk it into the net.

Eyrie
30-12-2017, 07:50 PM
Wish nearly all the mids and forwards wold shoot more often, fed up watching them trying to walk it into the net.

More of the same today. Excepting a couple of shots by Swanson and McGinn, everyone wanted either an extra touch or to pass to someone else.

eastmainsmsh
30-12-2017, 08:41 PM
stuart mcaffrey in 97 or 98

bawheid
30-12-2017, 11:32 PM
Andy Dow. Hibs to Aberdeen 1998.

Deansy
30-12-2017, 11:40 PM
Just in case, I hope NL can ask McInnes to have a word with Dylan !

we are hibs
31-12-2017, 09:10 AM
Id say McGeouch has a better football brain than McGinn. If we are under the Cosh and needing to calm down I'd trust mcgeouch on the ball more than McGinn. A lot of what mcgeouch does reminds me of boozy. Very composed and calm and has moments of sheer class