PDA

View Full Version : Massive opportunity this weekend

we are hibs
29-12-2017, 09:09 AM
With Celtic playing Rangers and Aberdeen playing hearts this weekend it's vital we get a win. You'd imagine Celtic will win and Aberdeen will win so a good chance to make the gap 8 points with hearts and close the gap on the Huns.

matty_f
29-12-2017, 09:12 AM
With Celtic playing Rangers and Aberdeen playing hearts this weekend it's vital we get a win. You'd imagine Celtic will win and Aberdeen will win so a good chance to make the gap 8 points with hearts and close the gap on the Huns.

Think it'll be a tough game but one that we should be looking to win.

Killie gave us a hard time last time we played them, and although we won 0-3, the game was much closer than the scoreline suggests.

Big opportunity to claw back some ground (or put a bigger gap between us and the Yams) so hopefully we can take it.

SirDavidsNapper
29-12-2017, 09:37 AM
Arguably a tougher game than derby. Better footballing side than Hearts but im hoping home advantage goes for us.

NORTHERNHIBBY
29-12-2017, 09:45 AM
Killie are finding a bit of form and seem to play well away from home. Up to us to set the tempo.

Since90+2
29-12-2017, 09:53 AM
With their match being postponed on Wednesday they have had a full weeks rest and will likely be fresher than our players.

Difficult game.

Jack Hackett
29-12-2017, 11:25 AM
With their match being postponed on Wednesday they have had a full weeks rest and will likely be fresher than our players.

Difficult game.

Not to mention less battered and bruised. I suspect that there was a queue for the treatment room yesterday.

wookie70
29-12-2017, 12:19 PM
Killie are top of the form guide in the league and coming off a week's rest. We lose as many points at home as we win. We are coming off a very physically demanding game, have key players with knocks and are in a period of indifferent form. This is a far tougher game than Wednesday and we will do very well to win.

bingo70
29-12-2017, 12:26 PM
Killie are top of the form guide in the league and coming off a week's rest. We lose as many points at home as we win. We are coming off a very physically demanding game, have key players with knocks and are in a period of indifferent form. This is a far tougher game than Wednesday and we will do very well to win.

I agree to an extent however i think it's important to keep a bit perspective. It's Kilmarnock we're playing, not Barcelona.

Will be a tough game tomorrow but i'm expecting a win for the good guys.

Billy Whizz
29-12-2017, 12:34 PM
I agree to an extent however i think it's important to keep a bit perspective. It's Kilmarnock we're playing, not Barcelona.

Well said

Thecat23
29-12-2017, 12:41 PM

I’ll be very surprised if we drop points in this game. We have a better team all round and should see it out.

JimBHibees
29-12-2017, 12:48 PM
They are a decent team however we can definitely score against their defence. Should be a good game.

Tornadoes70
29-12-2017, 12:51 PM
If we're switched on throughout and play at the level we're capable of then its very likely we'll win. Let's be in top voice and roar the team onto victory.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

:flag:

allezsauzee
29-12-2017, 12:55 PM
It's a bit of a cliche but every game is tough (at least physically) in the Premier League. I would be very disappointed in our season if we are not more than 5 points clear of Hearts by the end though so them getting a draw against Aberdeen wouldn't be such a bad result.

B.H.F.C
29-12-2017, 01:00 PM

Agree. It's one of those games where it doesn't matter how we win, we just need to win. After the performance up at Aberdeen I'd have been delighted with 7 points from Ross County, Hearts and Killie. As the thread title says, real opportunity for us on Saturday with the other fixtures.

cleanyman
29-12-2017, 01:02 PM
McGinn/Bartley vs Mulumbu is going to be some battle.

Borderhibbie76
29-12-2017, 06:14 PM

Will be a tough game tomorrow but i'm expecting a win for the good guys.Very true some are talking.like it's a Barca/Real Madrid select pitching up at ER tomorrow

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

emerald green
29-12-2017, 06:22 PM
As in every game, the first goal (when it's actually given...) will be very important.

Hibs will need to mark the lad Brophy who plays wide right for Kilmarnock very carefully.

IGRIGI
29-12-2017, 06:24 PM
Would like to see Swanson, Slivka and Murray start to freshen things up after that derby.

Pete
29-12-2017, 06:47 PM
Would like to see Swanson, Slivka and Murray start to freshen things up after that derby.

Lennon said that he would “freshen things up” so watch this space.

Borderhibbie76
29-12-2017, 08:42 PM
Would like to see Swanson, Slivka and Murray start to freshen things up after that derby.If Barker is out and Boyle too I'd day slivka and Swanson are guaranteed to start. According to EEN Barker is deffo out and Boyler has late fitness test

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk