PDA

View Full Version : Tickets for the cup tie

H18 SFR
28-12-2017, 10:49 PM
Any ideas when they go on sale, I heard that pleb Scott Wilson saying that their's go on sale on Tuesday.

Under the completion rules we are allowed the full Roseburn, let's hope the club are proactive in 'securing' this, i.e. no TV box there.

Sir David Gray
28-12-2017, 11:05 PM
Any ideas when they go on sale, I heard that pleb Scott Wilson saying that their's go on sale on Tuesday.

Under the completion rules we are allowed the full Roseburn, let's hope the club are proactive in 'securing' this, i.e. no TV box there.

We're entitled to 20% but I don't think there's anything that says all the seats need to have an unrestricted view.

We will get the full Roseburn stand, it's up to Hibs if we want to accept tickets which have a restricted view.

green&left
28-12-2017, 11:14 PM
We're entitled to 20% but I don't think there's anything that says all the seats need to have an unrestricted view.

We will get the full Roseburn stand, it's up to Hibs if we want to accept tickets which have a restricted view.

I take it there's a good bit leeway with the 20% stuff? Hertz seem adamant there capacity is or will be around 20,100. 20% of that is 4200 however I think the Roseburn only holds around 3300 now. Take away the seats they can't sell due to the Sky Sports studio and the 2/3 rows of seats directly behind the goal you'll be looking at nearer 3000. Well short of the supposed 20% we're entitled too.

PS to the OP they started selling their ticket about 2 weeks back. Can mind watching something on STV about the long queues they had as season tickets are guranteed a their seat unless they stump up a £100 donation to FoH.

Sir David Gray
28-12-2017, 11:19 PM
I take it there's a good bit leeway with the 20% stuff? Hertz seem adamant there capacity is or will be around 20,100. 20% of that is 4200 however I think the Roseburn only holds around 3300 now. Take away the seats they can't sell due to the Sky Sports studio and the 2/3 rows of seats directly behind the goal you'll be looking at nearer 3000. Well short of the supposed 20% we're entitled too.

Yeah the 20% rule could be higher or lower depending guidance from the police and whether they think it's safe. Clearly it wouldn't be safe for Hibs fans to sit in either the Wheatfield or the Main stand so it will be restricted to the Roseburn.

davhibby
28-12-2017, 11:53 PM

PS to the OP they started selling their ticket about 2 weeks back. Can mind watching something on STV about the long queues they had as season tickets are guranteed a their seat unless they stump up a £100 donation to FoH.

We had 3200 last night, the full stand is 3500/3600 I think so hopefully the club push for that

greenlex
29-12-2017, 04:59 AM
Did they not say they should be able to sort the studio issue for the cup game and get the riseburn stand back to its usual ****tyness without the need for restricted views?
Mind you if recent construction planning is anything to go by it’ll be ready for next seasons cup tie.

Billy Whizz
29-12-2017, 10:14 AM

Hearts season ticket holders have already got there’s
I would have thought sometime next week for Hibs

Danderhall Hibs
29-12-2017, 10:58 AM
Did the fans reps come back with an answer about supporters clubs getting priority?

Phil MaGlass
29-12-2017, 11:24 AM
May I be first to say, "I am looking for a ticket":greengrin

Billy Whizz
29-12-2017, 11:25 AM
Hope they give us the full end, no sky box either
Noticed 50 seats or so blocked off behind the goals. Do we do this at Easter rd for them?

fife hfc
29-12-2017, 11:30 AM
Did the fans reps come back with an answer about supporters clubs getting priority?

Why would supporters clubs get priority? Majority of fans are not members of supporters clubs so no priority should be given to them.

silverhibee
29-12-2017, 11:53 AM

Not forgetting the singing section and certain ex players who seemed to have a number of tickets for Wednesday's game.

Fans rep nowhere to be heard even though they know about the situation.

3pm
29-12-2017, 11:59 AM
Noticed 50 seats or so blocked off behind the goals. Do we do this at Easter rd for them?

Think it’s a new thing Bill. Noticed it against Celtic a couple of weeks back.

green day
29-12-2017, 12:01 PM
Not forgetting the singing section and certain ex players who seemed to have a number of tickets for Wednesday's game.

The singing guys were in front of me on Wednesday. Given the numbers, I suspect it was only those with away STs.

Im quite happy they get to sit together, they have a big bearing on the atmosphere.

chippy
29-12-2017, 12:03 PM

Should have had it at Murrayfield 40k gate good for both clubs

DH1875
29-12-2017, 12:08 PM

There were empty seats behind the goal the other night too.

SteveHFC
29-12-2017, 12:20 PM
Quick look at their eticket site shows roseburn will be for us, also section n in main stand is greyed out which is strange

Billy Whizz
29-12-2017, 12:34 PM
Quick look at their eticket site shows roseburn will be for us, also section n in main stand is greyed out which is strange

Maybe sold out. Remember the they have to move season ticket holders in the Roseburn, to other parts of the ground

Kojock
29-12-2017, 12:34 PM

Got a reply from Tracey on 12/12 stating she had been inundated but promised she would get back to me. Still no reply to date but now that Christmas and the hectic fixture schedule is all but over hopefully she will be in touch soon with the answers.

SteveHFC
29-12-2017, 12:53 PM
Maybe sold out. Remember the they have to move season ticket holders in the Roseburn, to other parts of the ground

never thought of that although I thought they could only get a st for cat b games in roseburn

Billy Whizz
29-12-2017, 12:59 PM
never thought of that although I thought they could only get a st for cat b games in roseburn

You’re right, but every season ticket holder was able to buy a ticket this week

lucky
29-12-2017, 12:59 PM
Should have had it at Murrayfield 40k gate good for both clubs

Maybe an argument that every New Year Derby is played at Murrayfield to allow for a big crowd from both clubs

SteveHFC
29-12-2017, 01:02 PM
You’re right, but every season ticket holder was able to buy a ticket this week

clears that up:agree:

Danderhall Hibs
29-12-2017, 04:18 PM
Got a reply from Tracey on 12/12 stating she had been inundated but promised she would get back to me. Still no reply to date but now that Christmas and the hectic fixture schedule is all but over hopefully she will be in touch soon with the answers.

Cheers mate - can you keep us updated?

Hermit Crab
29-12-2017, 04:25 PM
Maybe the sky tv box is going in Section N?

Hermit Crab
29-12-2017, 04:29 PM
Seems like the bottom right of the stand is sectioned off.

19967 19968

Billy Whizz
29-12-2017, 04:44 PM

19967 19968

That’s where they used to have the Sky box in the old stand

Hermit Crab
29-12-2017, 04:48 PM
That’s where they used to have the Sky box in the old stand

Thats right, by the way theres still hundreds left in the home end (seriously), they'd be as well giving us that section N

GreenCastle
29-12-2017, 04:48 PM
Hopefully Hibs can announce info soon.

The pink hoofball team who play at the Tiny Library have tickets on sale already.

Game is 3 weeks away.

Billy Whizz
29-12-2017, 05:05 PM
Thats right, by the way theres still hundreds left in the home end (seriously), they'd be as well giving us that section N

Maybe that’s where they are putting the sky box, rather than Gorgie Stand

Hermit Crab
29-12-2017, 05:07 PM
Maybe that’s where they are putting the sky box, rather than Gorgie Stand

A work few colleagues of mine are STH's in upper N and they already have their cup tickets for their usual seats!

green&left
29-12-2017, 05:12 PM

19967 19968

There are no seats there. Thats the emergency vehicle tunnel.

Iggy Pope
29-12-2017, 07:26 PM
There are no seats there. Thats the emergency vehicle tunnel.

Given the tubes that were lurking around that section on Wednesday, I'd happily drive an emergency vehicle right through it.

C Feeney-Seale
29-12-2017, 07:51 PM

I also found this strange. I don’t remember that being done before at games there - wonder why they have started that... excuse for even less seats...

C Feeney-Seale
29-12-2017, 07:53 PM

Surely the singing section doesn’t get priority for away games? If so , that is ridiculous!!

Baldy Foghorn
29-12-2017, 08:22 PM
A fair few empty seats in the middle section K on Wed.....

Billy Whizz
29-12-2017, 08:24 PM
A fair few empty seats in the middle section K on Wed.....

Was there?
I was in K, just behind you, where were the empty seats

Baldy Foghorn
29-12-2017, 08:28 PM
Was there?
I was in K, just behind you, where were the empty seats

6 or so beside me and in front of me.....Thought it was in case I was going to spew:greengrin

ronaldo7
29-12-2017, 08:35 PM
6 or so beside me and in front of me.....Thought it was in case I was going to spew:greengrin

Could it have been AST holders not being able to make it?

Billy Whizz
29-12-2017, 08:36 PM

In that area, but would be surprised if they didn’t sell their seats

Maybe moved to a standing section beside friends

davhibby
29-12-2017, 08:36 PM

More likely to be people standing somewhere else next to their pals

Iggy Pope
29-12-2017, 08:37 PM
Surely the singing section doesn’t get priority for away games? If so , that is ridiculous!!

If they win as a section, they lose as a section. Sounds perfectly fair that they get the opportunity to stick together and keep their noise together.

I've missed out on Tynie once before but I don't grudge these fellas one bit.

By the way. Away games? Read Hertz away. Not Motherwell, Dundee, Firhill etc, where these boys turn up,and bawl and shout regardless.

!!!!!!!

ronaldo7
29-12-2017, 08:40 PM
In that area, but would be surprised if they didn’t sell their seats

Maybe moved to a standing section beside friends

More likely to be people standing somewhere else next to their pals

:aok:

Billy Whizz
29-12-2017, 08:43 PM

Ronaldo, it’s one of the downside’s of AST. If you want to go with them, unless they are an AST too, you can’t sit together, unless you ask someone to move

ronaldo7
29-12-2017, 08:45 PM
Ronaldo, it’s one of the downside’s of AST. If you want to go with them, unless they are an AST too, you can’t sit together, unless you ask someone to move

I get that Billy, just that prime seats are going to waste. Unless someone decides to move in next time. :greengrin

BS44
29-12-2017, 10:40 PM
If it goes to a replay would the game probably get played the following Wednesday Jan 24th? We are scheduled to play Dundee that evening. Do Scottish Cup games still take precedence over league games?

Backshift that week and short on lieu days, prepared to miss going to Dens but not a chance I'm not going to a potential replay against thst lot

SChibs
29-12-2017, 11:02 PM
If it goes to a replay would the game probably get played the following Wednesday Jan 24th? We are scheduled to play Dundee that evening. Do Scottish Cup games still take precedence over league games?

Backshift that week and short on lieu days, prepared to miss going to Dens but not a chance I'm not going to a potential replay against thst lot

Can't see it being the Wednesday immediately after. The next again I'd have thought

hibbysam
29-12-2017, 11:18 PM

Not for replays. Dates will already have been agreed in conjunction with league games so it would be the following midweek after that.
Postponed ties are normally played the midweek after the original tie.

tamig
29-12-2017, 11:21 PM

Usually 10 days or so after the original game for replays.

davhibby
29-12-2017, 11:23 PM
Not for replays. Dates will already have been agreed in conjunction with league games so it would be the following midweek after that.
Postponed ties are normally played the midweek after the original tie.
There's a full league fixture list the next midweek too. So someone's had a nightmare

Glory Lurker
29-12-2017, 11:23 PM
We’re at home to Motherwell on the 31st, so a replay is actually impossible. If it’s a draw, we both get chucked.

Billy Whizz
30-12-2017, 10:26 AM
There's a full league fixture list the next midweek too. So someone's had a nightmare

Bad planning all round

Eyrie
30-12-2017, 11:49 AM
Bad planning all round

And a direct result of trying to shoehorn in a winter break.

It'll be chaos if there's bad weather in late January which results in postponed matches.

C Feeney-Seale
02-01-2018, 01:10 PM
And a direct result of trying to shoehorn in a winter break.

It'll be chaos if there's bad weather in late January which results in postponed matches.

Really hoping tickets for this go on sale soon so I know if I should book flights/ trains up from London!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hermit Crab
02-01-2018, 01:17 PM
Really hoping tickets for this go on sale soon so I know if I should book flights/ trains up from London!

Will be expecting them to go on sale Tuesday the 9th at the latest. Roughly 2 weeks before the fixture.

hibbyfraelibby
02-01-2018, 05:22 PM
Yeah the 20% rule could be higher or lower depending guidance from the police and whether they think it's safe. Clearly it wouldn't be safe for Hibs fans to sit in either the Wheatfield or the Main stand so it will be restricted to the Roseburn.

Its not even safe for the Hertz fans to sit in the main stand!

Phil MaGlass
02-01-2018, 06:43 PM

I would like to fly across for this game, waiting to book flights, but selling them so late might make it impossible.

silverhibee
02-01-2018, 07:45 PM
Will tickets be on sale from TO.

Billy Whizz
02-01-2018, 07:46 PM

After the statement after the last one, I’d highly doubt it Silver

Hermit Crab
02-01-2018, 07:49 PM

The club want to move away from in person sales from the TO, online only is the way they want to sell tickets for the big away games.

hibbyfraelibby
02-01-2018, 08:01 PM
The club want to move away from in person sales from the TO, online only is the way they want to sell tickets for the big away games.

...and do you blame them give the dogs abuse some so xalled fans give the TO staff?

HH81
02-01-2018, 08:02 PM
All them greedy people who have been to the last two derby games away should stand aside and get me a ticket? Seems fair. If so PM and I will book my travel 😀

Hermit Crab
02-01-2018, 08:04 PM
...and do you blame them give the dogs abuse some so xalled fans give the TO staff?

Lets be honest here, part of the abuse they got was caused by the ballsing up of the points system but that doesn't make it right and its a completely different debate altogether. Online only really is the way forward imo.

C Feeney-Seale
02-01-2018, 08:12 PM
Lets be honest here, part of the abuse they got was caused by the ballsing up of the points system but that doesn't make it right and its a completely different debate altogether. Online only really is the way forward imo.

As much as online suits me I disagree it should be the only way as not all fans have internet access or know how to use the system. We do have the option of phoning for our older fans but I haven’t ever heard many people say they got tickets that way.

Hermit Crab
02-01-2018, 08:14 PM
As much as online suits me I disagree it should be the only way as not all fans have internet access or know how to use the system. We do have the option of phoning for our older fans but I haven’t ever heard many people say they got tickets that way.

You have to move with the times. In the next few years don't be surprised if all tickets are online only, some english clubs already sell all tickets for away games online only. Man city being one of them. People need to adapt.

Sir David Gray
02-01-2018, 08:15 PM

I wouldn't have thought that the staff you see at the ticket office windows would have had any input towards how the points system was implemented or were responsible for any failings that came out of that.

C Feeney-Seale
02-01-2018, 08:17 PM
You have to move with the times. In the next few years don't be surprised if all tickets are online only, some english clubs already sell all tickets for away games online only. Man city being one of them. People need to adapt.

It would be a real shame if Hibs go down that route in my opinion it’s favouring more tech friendly fans. Internet only doesn’t work for everyone, that’s why internet banking hasn’t fully replaced branch banking etc. I’d much prefer a mix where people have option to do what they want to buy a ticket.

Hermit Crab
02-01-2018, 08:22 PM
It would be a real shame if Hibs go down that route in my opinion it’s favouring more tech friendly fans. Internet only doesn’t work for everyone, that’s why internet banking hasn’t fully replaced branch banking etc. I’d much prefer a mix where people have option to do what they want to buy a ticket.

Hibs have already stated in the past they don't like the idea of fans queuing overnight in freezing and or wet conditions and they want sales togo online, Celtic and Rangers away was online only. The queue for the last derby was closed after barely 2 hours so whats the point? You can't hang onto old ways because of a few. You don't even need a computer to get online now. Branches of banks are closing left right and centre! Eventually they're will be very few left on the high street.

Billy Whizz
02-01-2018, 08:23 PM

Don’t disagree, but how do we manage this without a loyalty scheme
We can’t have fans queuing up in winter overnight

C Feeney-Seale
02-01-2018, 08:35 PM

Totally agree a loyalty scheme is needed. Would take away a lot of these debates.

silverhibee
02-01-2018, 09:01 PM

Would rather take my chances in a queue than online Billy, always seems to be a nightmare each time they are sold online.

Billy Whizz
02-01-2018, 09:03 PM
Would rather take my chances in a queue than online Billy, always seems to be a nightmare each time they are sold online.

As I said I don’t disagee with queuing up, just can’t have fans up overnight, or in the case of the last Hearts game, from the afternoon before

marinello59
02-01-2018, 10:19 PM
Totally agree a loyalty scheme is needed. Would take away a lot of these debates.

You think? :greengrin

Sammy7nil
02-01-2018, 10:41 PM

Ha Ha so the 60 or 70 year old Hibby who supported the team for decades and does not have the internet can just do one ?
Very selfish

Radium
02-01-2018, 11:07 PM
Ha Ha so the 60 or 70 year old Hibby who supported the team for decades and does not have the internet can just do one ?
Very selfish

They will however have seen The Baker Boy and the Tornados...

... whole thing has become a no win. Irrespective of how you sell the tickets someone loses out. We even have the precedent of people queuing 18 hours before a sale and getting tokens to come back the next day.

I have always supported a loyalty scheme, even though it would not guarantee me a ticket. Hope the club has continued demand in the coming years that means it has to be revisited

hibbysam
02-01-2018, 11:10 PM
Very selfish

I hardly doubt said 70 year old is down at ER at 6pm the night before, so he’d be missing out anyway.

marinello59
02-01-2018, 11:10 PM
Very selfish

How many 60/70 year olds do you see queuing overnight? It’s mainly young guys who do it. The internet is the way forward, the oldies seem to agree.

Sir David Gray
02-01-2018, 11:28 PM
I hardly doubt said 70 year old is down at ER at 6pm the night before, so he’d be missing out anyway.

How many 60/70 year olds do you see queuing overnight? It’s mainly young guys who do it. The internet is the way forward, the oldies seem to agree.

They could always use the phone option that they have at the moment.

silverhibee
03-01-2018, 12:05 AM

Old Young or middle age folk all seem to want to stand in a queue for tickets, it would seem there is just as much a demand to queue as there is for for folk taking the chance with the lottery that is the online system.

Hermit Crab
03-01-2018, 12:15 AM
Very selfish

My ma and da are both in their 60s and have iPads and iPhones and have no trouble buying tickets and things online.....

marinello59
03-01-2018, 05:37 AM
Old Young or middle age folk all seem to want to stand in a queue for tickets, it would seem there is just as much a demand to queue as there is for for folk taking the chance with the lottery that is the online system.

The argument put forward was that we should have a queue because so many 60/70 year olds don’t use the internet.
So unless you are saying that there is a disproportionately large number of people from that age group who queue you seem to be agreeing with me that is nonsense. :greengrin

SunshineOnLeith
03-01-2018, 07:16 AM
Very selfish

It's 2018, the days of pensioners needing to ask their grandchildren to help them so much as send an email are long since over.

s.a.m
03-01-2018, 09:00 AM
It's 2018, the days of pensioners needing to ask their grandchildren to help them so much as send an email are long since over.

Plenty pensioners have internet capability, and many don't. Neither my mum nor my mother-in-law (both late 70s) have ever sent a text, let alone used a computer. Having said that, neither would be queueing for tickets - they'd use the phone.

Leith's finest
03-01-2018, 09:06 AM
They should start a new loyalty scheme with all st holders starting from scratch. It would take a couple off seasons for it to benifit people

C Feeney-Seale
03-01-2018, 12:12 PM
My ma and da are both in their 60s and have iPads and iPhones and have no trouble buying tickets and things online.....

That can’t be said for all people over 60. I really don’t know why all choices of purchasing shouldn’t be catered for.

dangermouse
03-01-2018, 12:23 PM
They should start a new loyalty scheme with all st holders starting from scratch. It would take a couple off seasons for it to benifit people

This has been mentioned before by a poster who suggested calling it attendance points. Much better name IMHO.

SteveHFC
03-01-2018, 12:45 PM

And just forget the many who went to all the away games in the championship for 3 years

Brightside
03-01-2018, 12:54 PM

Internet or Phone is the only way tickets should be sold. Its not old people that are queuing up overnight.

marinello59
03-01-2018, 12:59 PM
That can’t be said for all people over 60. I really don’t know why all choices of purchasing shouldn’t be catered for.

It’s the digital age. Some seriously ageist assumptions being made here.

Keith_M
03-01-2018, 01:15 PM

I think it's fair to say that over 65s are, statistically speaking, less tech savvy than the younger generations.

Nobody's claiming that none of them can use a computer or smartphone but a reasonably high percentage aren't particularly comfortable with them.

famousfife
03-01-2018, 01:18 PM
Loyalty points for me is the best solution! Gives the guy who never misses a game the chance of getting first chance of a ticket. Also it would make it an incentive for more supporters to go to away games.

silverhibee
03-01-2018, 01:19 PM

The last time I queued for tickets I met this nice old man who is seemingly a good old age, goes by the name of Jonnyboy, you might have heard of him, and there was also a few OAPs in the queue that day as well, I was nice enough to look after the elders that morning. :greengrin

CropleyWasGod
03-01-2018, 01:25 PM
The last time I queued for tickets I met this nice old man who is seemingly a good old age, goes by the name of Jonnyboy, you might have heard of him, and there was also a few OAPs in the queue that day as well, I was nice enough to look after the elders that morning. :greengrin

For the avoidance of doubt, I wisny one of them. :greengrin

marinello59
03-01-2018, 01:25 PM
I think it's fair to say that over 65s are, statistically speaking, less tech savvy than the younger generations.

Nobody's claiming that none of them can use a computer or smartphone but a reasonably high percentage aren't particularly comfortable with them.

So are you saying that having people queuing overnight in Winter will mainly benefit older fans?
Or will it mainly benefit younger guys who live near the ground who know that standing outside ER for a night will basically guarantee them a ticket?

marinello59
03-01-2018, 01:27 PM

So are you saying JB queued because he is too old for this new fangled internet thing? You are a brave man.:greengrin

silverhibee
03-01-2018, 01:36 PM
For the avoidance of doubt, I wisny one of them. :greengrin

:tee hee:

silverhibee
03-01-2018, 02:04 PM
So are you saying JB queued because he is too old for this new fangled internet thing? You are a brave man.:greengrin

Putting words in my mouth, I would never be as disrespectful as that to the older generation :greengrin

I also feel for the redundant pigeons Jonnyboy no longer uses. :lips seal:greengrin

OfficialHFC can obviously see I'm a caring person for the auld yins. :greengrin

Hermit Crab
03-01-2018, 05:11 PM
Tickets for all the big concerts are sold online now or over the phone are they not? There are no box offices left as such. Tickets Scotland on rose street perhaps but you cant get tickets for massive acts there can you?

Nobody seems to complain about that.

greenlex
03-01-2018, 07:37 PM
I can see the day when Hibs wash their hands of the away ticket allocation altogether and leave it to the other club. We don’t seem to want the hasslle or probably more to the point the. cost associated for no tangible gain.

Jonnyboy
03-01-2018, 07:43 PM

Yep, the bacon roll and warm blanket were much appreciated :faf:

See my Rachel thread for an answer to this one, J :greengrin

Putting words in my mouth, I would never be as disrespectful as that to the older generation :greengrin

I also feel for the redundant pigeons Jonnyboy no longer uses. :lips seal:greengrin

OfficialHFC can obviously see I'm a caring person for the auld yins. :greengrin

Ah, my pigeons - much ado about nothing :wink:

silverhibee
03-01-2018, 07:58 PM
Yep, the bacon roll and warm blanket were much appreciated :faf:

See my Rachel thread for an answer to this one, J :greengrin

Ah, my pigeons - much ado about nothing :wink:

Can't beat the homers J. :thumbsup:

Skol
03-01-2018, 08:07 PM
Apologies if I have missed it, but the fans reps have gone awfy quiet on this issue which I find very disappointing, especially given the communication promise their campaign was based upon.

There are clearly issues here and the fans reps should be taking feelings back to the club, or telling us either why they are not or if they have why nothing is being done.

lyonhibs
03-01-2018, 09:59 PM
Apologies if I have missed it, but the fans reps have gone awfy quiet on this issue which I find very disappointing, especially given the communication promise their campaign was based upon.

There are clearly issues here and the fans reps should be taking feelings back to the club, or telling us either why they are not or if they have why nothing is being done.

I'm sure I've read on here from the fans reps that from LD'd point of view, a loyalty scheme is dead in the water and it's either away season ticket or bust.

There's no point in flogging a deid horse repeatedly. Don't know if that's the point you're looking for feedback on though.

Jamesie
04-01-2018, 12:25 PM
Any idea when the tickets are going on sale?

Hermit Crab
04-01-2018, 12:32 PM
Any idea when the tickets are going on sale?

Next Tuesday is less than 2 weeks before the game so I'd say no later than then.

Mikey
04-01-2018, 12:41 PM
I can see the day when Hibs wash their hands of the away ticket allocation altogether and leave it to the other club. We don’t seem to want the hasslle or probably more to the point the. cost associated for no tangible gain.

They'd be better off just handing the whole thing over to the ticket police. They know exactly what's wrong and how to fix it.

Hermit Crab
04-01-2018, 12:51 PM
They'd be better off just handing the whole thing over to the ticket police. They know exactly what's wrong and how to fix it.

Correct, anyone thats not been to an away game this season need not apply.

Ringothedog
04-01-2018, 01:17 PM

And if they did that they would take away one of the benefits of having a season ticket, which they are trying to protect.

blackpoolhibs
04-01-2018, 01:26 PM

Phew, i was at Tiny last week so i'm in. :top marks

iwasthere1972
04-01-2018, 01:28 PM

Just qualified last week at the Tynie match. Thank goodness for that. Bring it on. Looking forward to a return to Gorgie soon.

Hermit Crab
05-01-2018, 10:49 AM
Home tickets not selling well, still a few thousand available!

Gorgie stand

Upper - £30

Lower - £28

Wheatfield Stand

Upper - £34

Lower - £29

New Superstructure

Upper - £34

Lower - £29

So going by their prices our tickets should be £30 and £28 as we are behind the goals and it should be priced the same as the Gorgie stand! We shall see though.

Gmack7
05-01-2018, 10:54 AM
Home tickets not selling well, still a few thousand available!

Gorgie stand

Upper - £30

Lower - £28

Wheatfield Stand

Upper - £34

Lower - £29

New Superstructure

Upper - £34

Lower - £29

So going by their prices our tickets should be £30 and £28 as we are behind the goals and it should be priced the same as the Gorgie stand! We shall see though.

have they built a new stadium while I've been socialising over the past couple of weeks? what's this upper and lower nonsense

cabbageandribs1875
05-01-2018, 10:58 AM
£28/£30 to watch hertz must be one of the biggest rip-offs in football, HFC now have my permission to raise the present £22 walk-up price to £24 next season :agree:

Baldy Foghorn
05-01-2018, 11:05 AM
have they built a new stadium while I've been socialising over the past couple of weeks? what's this upper and lower nonsense

Tell me they are not calling main stand "new superstructure":rolleyes:

Hermit Crab
05-01-2018, 11:11 AM
https://www.eticketing.co.uk/heartofmidlothian/EDP/Event/Index/975

Pete
05-01-2018, 11:19 AM
https://www.eticketing.co.uk/heartofmidlothian/EDP/Event/Index/975

Nice one. Two purchased in the end section of the Gorgie Road as a wee insurance policy.

Let’s make section V an unofficial Hibs section...V for victory ✌️

Hermit Crab
05-01-2018, 11:24 AM
Nice one. Two purchased in the end section of the Gorgie Road as a wee insurance policy.

I'm sure you did. :greengrin

danhibees1875
05-01-2018, 11:25 AM

I'd rather just watch it on TV that sit in the home sections.

Pete
05-01-2018, 11:28 AM
I'm sure you did. :greengrin

I’m only kidding.

They weren’t for section V 😉

Pete
05-01-2018, 11:44 AM
It also looks like Hearts are holding back seats in their main stand because that’s where the TV studio will be this time.

We already receive under 20% of the capacity so they can’t cut our allocation any further by putting obstacles in our way. It’s their crappy design so it looks like they have no choice but to suffer this time. Wonder how much they’ll try to knock off tickets for their own fans.

Or are they holding them back for us??

Hermit Crab
05-01-2018, 01:08 PM
It also looks like Hearts are holding back seats in their main stand because that’s where the TV studio will be this time.

We already receive under 20% of the capacity so they can’t cut our allocation any further by putting obstacles in our way. It’s their crappy design so it looks like they have no choice but to suffer this time. Wonder how much they’ll try to knock off tickets for their own fans.

Or are they holding them back for us??

I thought we were getting part of the main stand until I asked my mate who's got ST in section N upper. He's already got his cup ticket so it seems section N and P are just sold out. The only 2 sections in the ground that are sold out I might add.

sixtwo
05-01-2018, 01:31 PM
They are available to buy now...... for sponsors

PatHead
05-01-2018, 01:32 PM
Just spoken to the ticket office. Hibs are getting the same allocation as last season. Tickets arrived today. They have to arrange the sale with ticket master so the tickets will be available on Wednesday probably.

Hermit Crab
05-01-2018, 01:36 PM
Just spoken to the ticket office. Hibs are getting the same allocation as last season. Tickets arrived today. They have to arrange the sale with ticket master so the tickets will be available on Wednesday probably.

It takes that long to arrange sales?

Hermit Crab
05-01-2018, 01:36 PM
They are available to buy now...... for sponsors

What are?

Pete
05-01-2018, 01:37 PM
I thought we were getting part of the main stand until I asked my mate who's got ST in section N upper. He's already got his cup ticket so it seems section N and P are just sold out. The only 2 sections in the ground that are sold out I might add.

I’m not sure the two end sections will be sold out...that would be weird as they’re normally the last to go and they have some mince views.

As long as they get this Sky TV tent to deal with they can do what they like. They can’t stick it in the Roseburn again and effective cut our allocation for a cup tie as there are rules they must play by.

sixtwo
05-01-2018, 02:18 PM
What are?

Tickets for the cup tie.

Went on sale to club sponsors this morning.

Hermit Crab
05-01-2018, 03:48 PM
Tickets for the cup tie.

How many each?

Billy Whizz
05-01-2018, 03:52 PM
How many each?

Presume as many as they want?

wookie70
05-01-2018, 03:55 PM
I sure it all all part of a contract but why would we give tickets to sponsors for away games when fans that go week in week out won't get a ticket. Why don't the club go the whole hog and just auction them off for as much money as they can. I think the Board needs to review everything around ticketing.

Hermit Crab
05-01-2018, 03:57 PM
Presume as many as they want?

We will never find out, Hibs never tell us how many tickets go on sale and how many went to players, staff sponsors etc before the fans get a chance!

Billy Whizz
05-01-2018, 04:00 PM
We will never find out, Hibs never tell us how many tickets go on sale and how many went to players, staff sponsors etc before the fans get a chance!

Presume there will be more available online on 1st day this time. Would have thought the 400 walk ups will be online, plus the tickets held back due to the Sky box, so as much as an extra 1000 on day 1

Hermit Crab
05-01-2018, 04:35 PM
Presume there will be more available online on 1st day this time. Would have thought the 400 walk ups will be online, plus the tickets held back due to the Sky box, so as much as an extra 1000 on day 1

That should make a difference. After sponsors/players/staff and AST's are sorted I'd recked between 2600-3000 tickets available to fans.

05-01-2018, 05:07 PM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/8297

ValleyHibee
05-01-2018, 08:14 PM
Hibs have already stated in the past they don't like the idea of fans queuing overnight in freezing and or wet conditions and they want sales togo online, Celtic and Rangers away was online onlyRangers away was online only. The queue for the last derby was closed after barely 2 hours so whats the point? You can't hang onto old ways because of a few. You don't even need a computer to get online now. Branches of banks are closing left right and centre! Eventually they're will be very few left on the high street.
Rangers away was online only,No,their were sales at the TO,i was one of the many who queued from the early hours,half at the TO and half online.

Hermit Crab
05-01-2018, 09:09 PM
Rangers away was online only,No,their were sales at the TO,i was one of the many who queued from the early hours,half at the TO and half online.

Will be no queues this time thankfully

Kojock
05-01-2018, 10:01 PM
Will be no queues this time thankfully

What difference does it make to you if folk wish / prefer to queue?
Huns - queued, got ticket.
Celtic - online only, missed out.
Hearts - online, missed out then queued, got ticket.

Hermit Crab
06-01-2018, 01:13 AM
What difference does it make to you if folk wish / prefer to queue?
Huns - queued, got ticket.
Celtic - online only, missed out.
Hearts - online, missed out then queued, got ticket.

Because I work nightshift and I'm usually asked to queue by mates who work when tickets are going on sale so I don't have to do it this time. Satisfied?

Kojock
06-01-2018, 03:55 AM
Because I work nightshift and I'm usually asked to queue by mates who work when tickets are going on sale so I don't have to do it this time. Satisfied?

Your initial post suggests that you are happy that no one will be queuing whilst your reply indicates that you are happy because you won't have to queue. You really do like to stir the brown stuff on ticket related threads.

Hermit Crab
06-01-2018, 10:28 AM
Your initial post suggests that you are happy that no one will be queuing whilst your reply indicates that you are happy because you won't have to queue. You really do like to stir the brown stuff on ticket related threads.

There shouldn't be any queuing these days, its the digital age.

blackpoolhibs
06-01-2018, 11:37 AM
I'm going to queue up just for the hell of it.

Scouse Hibee
06-01-2018, 11:42 AM
Tickets for the cup tie.

The company I work for is a sponsor, this hasn't happened?

Apologies, I was wrong thankfully :-)

Springbank
06-01-2018, 12:08 PM
wouldI be right in saying Hearts have not sold out a cup tie since 2012, with one exception (2-2 v Hibs in Feb 2016)?

Kojock
06-01-2018, 01:05 PM

In your opinion !!
Every time I've queued I've got a ticket, every time I have joined the online scramble I've missed out. Just because it's the digital age doesn't mean it's better. Anyway if it is the great digital age with no queuing how come there's massive queues at the TO just prior to KO every home game.

SunshineOnLeith
06-01-2018, 02:36 PM
In your opinion !!
Every time I've queued I've got a ticket, every time I have joined the online scramble I've missed out. Just because it's the digital age doesn't mean it's better. Anyway if it is the great digital age with no queuing how come there's massive queues at the TO just prior to KO every home game.

To call what happened last time "queuing" is stretching the definition to the extreme.

Congratulations, you got to see one of the worst games of football I've ever been at, and put the final nail in the coffin of in person sales for these type of games.

Incidentally, I found the online process a breeze last time. Got the waiting page at about 12, was logged in by half past, had my tickets by 12.45.

Hibby70
06-01-2018, 02:40 PM
To call what happened last time "queuing" is stretching the definition to the extreme.

Congratulations, you got to see one of the worst games of football I've ever been at, and put the final nail in the coffin of in person sales for these type of games.

Incidentally, I found the online process a breeze last time. Got the waiting page at about 12, was logged in by half past, had my tickets by 12.45.

Your definition of a "breeze" is different to mine if you think 45 minutes to make an online transaction is such.

SunshineOnLeith
06-01-2018, 02:43 PM
Your definition of a "breeze" is different to mine if you think 45 minutes to make an online transaction is such.

To be fair it would have been about 20 if I hadn't of been trying to do it on the sly at work.

Kojock
06-01-2018, 02:52 PM

Folk standing in a line = queuing, people were prepared to stay there for as long as it took. Nobody in the queue asked Hibs to hand out vouchers. So you reckon the folk who queued up are responsible for there being no more queuing, strange way of looking at it.
Im pleased for you that the online system was a breeze, however you are in the minority there as the vast amount of posts on here proves.

silverhibee
06-01-2018, 03:06 PM

Should we just close all shops since it's the digital age, I mean, why do people want to go out and queue for messages or other items when they can do it online, obviously a demand to go shopping.

There was a demand from folk to queue up for tickets at TO, Hibs should have recognised this and put an amount on sale at TO.

tamig
06-01-2018, 03:16 PM
Should we just close all shops since it's the digital age, I mean, why do people want to go out and queue for messages or other items when they can do it online, obviously a demand to go shopping.

There was a demand from folk to queue up for tickets at TO, Hibs should have recognised this and put an amount on sale at TO.
Different services are at different levels of moving towards a fully digital offering so your example is way off the mark. The majority of everyday household shopping is still done in supermarkets. Online is still a bit behind. The majority of banking transactions are now done online so branches are being closed. The vast majority of ticket purchases are now made online. It’s simple to understand the pattern.

hibbysam
06-01-2018, 06:29 PM
In your opinion !!

There are massive queues as people are picking up ickets that were purchased online. You can’t buy tickets for games from the Ticket Office right before kick off, you buy them from pods.

Kojock
06-01-2018, 07:13 PM
There are massive queues as people are picking up ickets that were purchased online. You can’t buy tickets for games from the Ticket Office right before kick off, you buy them from pods.

But Hermit says that it should be online only to prevent queuing, yet your telling me that folk buying online have to queue, awe man this is so confusing.

hibbysam
06-01-2018, 07:37 PM
But Hermit says that it should be online only to prevent queuing, yet your telling me that folk buying online have to queue, awe man this is so confusing.

Difference being you can collect them at any time, or get them sent out, or print at home. Queues for buying tickets which are in high demand means you have to queue overnight which I think is the argument here.

FWIW I tend to agree with the club, funnily enough I don’t seem to remember much furore when the Celtic tickets went on sale about there being no face to face sales.

Hermit Crab
07-01-2018, 04:04 PM
Difference being you can collect them at any time, or get them sent out, or print at home. Queues for buying tickets which are in high demand means you have to queue overnight which I think is the argument here.

FWIW I tend to agree with the club, funnily enough I don’t seem to remember much furore when the Celtic tickets went on sale about there being no face to face sales.

Nor did we see any overnight queuing for Ross County away or Aberdeen away......:rolleyes:

Hermit Crab
07-01-2018, 04:06 PM

Thats people who have bought online and are collecting as they've not used the print at home option or have bought a student ticket and need to show ID but of course you already know this!

Hermit Crab
07-01-2018, 04:08 PM

No comparison silver!. Do you queue for the big concerts anymore at Tickets Scotland or Virgin records on princes st or ripping records? 2 out of those 3 have closed down, tickets scotland doesn't tend to get an allocation for big concerts, these are all sold online now and nobody seems to complain.

Kojock
07-01-2018, 11:03 PM
No comparison silver!. Do you queue for the big concerts anymore at Tickets Scotland or Virgin records on princes st or ripping records? 2 out of those 3 have closed down, tickets scotland doesn't tend to get an allocation for big concerts, these are all sold online now and nobody seems to complain.

Folk camp out and queue for days for Wimbledon (the tennis not AFC)

Sir David Gray
07-01-2018, 11:36 PM

That's part of the Wimbledon tradition though and Wimbledon is all about tradition and doing things the way it's always been done. The organisers pride themselves on that.

The vast majority of ticket sales for Wimbledon are done via a paper ballot months in advance of the tournament. They then hold back so many tickets for Centre Court for each day's play and sell them on the day and people can queue to get those tickets.

The fact that Wimbledon is always played in the height of summer in the south east of England though makes the queuing up for tickets experience a wee bit different to the middle of January in Edinburgh.

Hermit Crab
08-01-2018, 02:22 AM

Firstly, more fool them and second as SDG says thats a tradition kept going by the AETCA. Theres certainly no tradition at Hibs to camp out overnight for derby tickets, its currently -5 outside, if the weather doesn't improve would it be fair to ask people to queue in those conditions? Nobody should be having to queue up overnight in subzero temperatures!

I'm sorry you disagree but selling tickets online is the way forward, for all games, not just the big ones! Technology is improving all the time and the online tickets site will only get better and easier to negotiate.

Kojock
08-01-2018, 03:32 AM
Firstly, more fool them and second as SDG says thats a tradition kept going by the AETCA. Theres certainly no tradition at Hibs to camp out overnight for derby tickets, its currently -5 outside, if the weather doesn't improve would it be fair to ask people to queue in those conditions? Nobody should be having to queue up overnight in subzero temperatures!

I'm sorry you disagree but selling tickets online is the way forward, for all games, not just the big ones! Technology is improving all the time and the online tickets site will only get better and easier to negotiate.

Queuing is a personal choice, if you want to queue then queue, if you prefer to take your chance on the crap online lottery system then again it's up to the individual. How many fans have frozen to death queuing overnight? As I asked before what difference does it make to you if folk want to queue?

marinello59
08-01-2018, 05:51 AM
Queuing is a personal choice, if you want to queue then queue, if you prefer to take your chance on the crap online lottery system then again it's up to the individual. How many fans have frozen to death queuing overnight? As I asked before what difference does it make to you if folk want to queue?

It did guarantee a ticket for those who got there in time. Great for people who live close to ER, not a realistic personal choice for many others. The club has done the right thing here in dumping it, times change and things move on.

Phil MaGlass
08-01-2018, 06:29 AM

Not that it effects me, but, how about fans that cannot afford computers, and older fans that dont understand "online". Queuing up is/was part of fitba now it seems some cant get hold of tickets because of the internet.
Oh although I think fans will be disadvantged I also think online IS the way forward.

Brightside
08-01-2018, 09:51 AM

These people have no need to queue before the game. They have plenty time to either print the ticket or just show it on their mobile device.

ronaldo7
08-01-2018, 10:37 AM
It did guarantee a ticket for those who got there in time. Great for people who live close to ER, not a realistic personal choice for many others. The club has done the right thing here in dumping it, times change and things move on.

You could always get someone else to get it for you, just like the online system which allows you to get extra tickets for pals.

Hermit Crab
08-01-2018, 11:20 AM

I answered that several posts back.

marinello59
08-01-2018, 11:47 AM
You could always get someone else to get it for you, just like the online system which allows you to get extra tickets for pals.

Or we could all have exactly the same chance of getting a ticket using today’s online technology. It not only fairer, it’s safer and cheaper. The more conservative Scottish fitba fans are just going to have to get used to the fact that times have changed.

ronaldo7
08-01-2018, 12:39 PM
Or we could all have exactly the same chance of getting a ticket using today’s online technology. It not only fairer, it’s safer and cheaper. The more conservative Scottish fitba fans are just going to have to get used to the fact that times have changed.

No reason they can't do both, which is kojocks point. It's a shame those who don't have online accounts have to miss out.

Brightside
08-01-2018, 01:26 PM
Not that it effects me, but, how about fans that cannot afford computers, and older fans that dont understand "online". Queuing up is/was part of fitba now it seems some cant get hold of tickets because of the internet.
Oh although I think fans will be disadvantged I also think online IS the way forward.

So its only old people or those without a method of going online that queue up? Its not... very few old people in those queues, and the rest are putting their picture on snapchat. :greengrin

marinello59
08-01-2018, 04:20 PM
No reason they can't do both, which is kojocks point. It's a shame those who don't have online accounts have to miss out.

Kojock’s point is that he personally prefers to queue because he feels he has a better chance of getting a ticket rather then him being unable to get online.

Kojock
08-01-2018, 04:35 PM
Kojock’s point is that he personally prefers to queue because he feels he has a better chance of getting a ticket rather then him being unable to get online.

Yep, never missed out on a ticket in over 50 odd years of queuing. The only matches I missed out were online sales only. I have no problem with online sales if there was a way to ensure that people who attend most away games get first dibs but for some reason that ship has sailed for Leeanne.

ronaldo7
08-01-2018, 07:58 PM

And theirs still no reason they couldn't do both. :greengrin

Skol
08-01-2018, 08:03 PM
Yep, never missed out on a ticket in over 50 odd years of queuing. The only matches I missed out were online sales only. I have no problem with online sales if there was a way to ensure that people who attend most away games get first dibs but for some reason that ship has sailed for Leeanne.

So far I have a 100% record of getting a ticket whether its by Q or Online.

SteveHFC
09-01-2018, 01:47 PM
Any of the AST checked their online account history, strange seat number allocated for cup game

Billy Whizz
09-01-2018, 01:50 PM
Any of the AST checked their online account history, strange seat number allocated for cup game

I’ll have a look

Billy Whizz
09-01-2018, 01:52 PM
I’ll have a look

The site is down, I can’t get in

SteveHFC
09-01-2018, 01:53 PM

I must have crashed it:greengrin

Billy Whizz
09-01-2018, 01:54 PM
I must have crashed it:greengrin

Can you log in now

Hermit Crab
09-01-2018, 01:54 PM

I'm in Billy, We've been allocated block L

Billy Whizz
09-01-2018, 01:55 PM
I'm in Billy, We've been allocated block L

Ok thanks
Am I beside you again😄
Lucky old me

Hermit Crab
09-01-2018, 01:55 PM
I really hope they re not holding back Section K for "hospitality" again, or perhaps all the sponsors have taken their allocation and given block K? :confused:

Hermit Crab
09-01-2018, 01:56 PM
Ok thanks
Am I beside you again😄
Lucky old me

Row 12.

SteveHFC
09-01-2018, 02:00 PM
my account doesn't give me an area block just row 1 and seat number:confused:

Hermit Crab
09-01-2018, 02:02 PM
my account doesn't give me an area block just row 1 and seat number:confused:

PM'd you.

Billy Whizz
09-01-2018, 02:03 PM
Row 12.

I’m 12 too😳

Hermit Crab
09-01-2018, 02:04 PM
I’m 12 too😳

Oh dear, bet you're beside me again! :greengrin

Billy Whizz
09-01-2018, 02:04 PM
Oh dear, bet you're beside me again! :greengrin

No, your beside me

Hermit Crab
09-01-2018, 02:07 PM
No, your beside me

I feel privileged.

SteveHFC
09-01-2018, 02:11 PM
emailed them to check

Hermit Crab
09-01-2018, 02:13 PM
emailed them to check

SteveHFC
09-01-2018, 02:50 PM
Sorted
block l

Albanian Hibs
09-01-2018, 03:55 PM

Row 17