PDA

View Full Version : Big Efe

Nevi_SOL
28-12-2017, 09:34 PM
Anyone think he would be a cracking defensive midfielder?

greenlex
28-12-2017, 09:35 PM
Nope. I see him as an attacking one.

Mibbes Aye
28-12-2017, 09:50 PM
Anyone think he would be a cracking defensive midfielder?

His feints to give himself space and subsequent ability to dribble and move the ball on actually remind me of Whittaker during his first spell with us. I always thought that Whittaker could do a job as a consequence, either at centre-half or in a deep midfield role.

Looking at it on recent form, I would stick with Bartley. I think he has improved his distribution and his positioning and movement is exemplary.

That said, I would be sticking with Efe in defence, whether in the middle or on the right, regardless of formation. His touch is the best of all our defenders and while he may generate a few scary moments, they seem to have become less frequent and he has the ability that no one else does in our defence to fool an opposition player and give himself ten or fifteen yards space to advance and pick out a pass.

majorhibs
28-12-2017, 09:59 PM
So lucky to have Efe & other quality defenders at Hibs. Not so long ago we were nowhere near the quality we have now.

WWFTWTG
28-12-2017, 10:22 PM
Agree, he is top quality, makes the odd mistake which seems be a result of poor concentration, hopefully he can minimise the errors and show us his best.

wookie70
29-12-2017, 12:44 AM
I think he would do ok in defensive mid but I would rather have Hanlon there if we were forced to deploy a defender. I don't think Efe has done very well at right back in the last few games and it will be interesting to see what happens if SDG or Whitts become fit. Lennon seems fiercely loyal to Stokes and Efe so I imagine we will change shape rather than drop Efe or just drop Daz. I'd play Daz and Hanlon in the centre but we really could play 3 or 4 centre half partnerships that would be more than decent now that Fonts is nearly fit and Porteous is looking ready.