PDA

View Full Version : Hearts penalty?

Northernhibee
28-12-2017, 12:47 PM
Heard a couple of that lot say they think they should have had a penalty. Apparently a Stevenson handball but the only thing I can think of was a header that was going wide clipped his arm when he was moving it out of the way?

If that's what they're referring to then they're having a laugh, never a penalty in a million years. Anyone any the wiser?

Hermit Crab
28-12-2017, 12:49 PM
Heard a couple of that lot say they think they should have had a penalty. Apparently a Stevenson handball but the only thing I can think of was a header that was going wide clipped his arm when he was moving it out of the way?

If that's what they're referring to then they're having a laugh, never a penalty in a million years. Anyone any the wiser?

It was handball but definitely not a penalty. He was moving his arm out of the way when it clipped him, completely unintentional.

SirDavidsNapper
28-12-2017, 12:49 PM

Would have been extremely harsh but I've seen them given

snooky
28-12-2017, 01:14 PM
I've seen those given for sure. TBH, there would have been a lynching had the ref given them the penalty after missing the 'goal'.

Hibernia&Alba
28-12-2017, 01:17 PM
It was a penalty, IMHO. That was our own lucky moment last night.

John_R_Corbett
28-12-2017, 01:18 PM
Never a penalty

Booked4Being-Ugly
28-12-2017, 01:18 PM
Never a pen in a million years, behave!

Pretty Boy
28-12-2017, 01:19 PM
Ball was travelling at speed, took a delfection of Hanlon to change the direction and he tried to pull his arm away as opposed to moving towards the ball.

Never a penalty and they are just using it as defelction because they, yet again in a derby, got away with one.

Golden Bear
28-12-2017, 01:21 PM
We'd have claimed under the same circumstances but its what fitba folk do.

Speedy
28-12-2017, 01:23 PM

Exactly. Seen them given but no chance it was deliberate. No pen is the correct decision.

Allant1981
28-12-2017, 01:23 PM
we would have been screaming for that at the other end, think we were lucky to get away with it

Hibernia&Alba
28-12-2017, 01:24 PM

I'd be screaming for it, as I thought Stevenson had time to avoid contact. Anyway, not given; that's what happens with penalty appeals.

Hibs07p
28-12-2017, 01:25 PM
There was another incident when there was a bit of a stramash when the ball was bobbing about with them trying to hit it goalward and us trying to clear it. As the ball went up in between Marv and bauben it hit both there arms about the same time. Bauben put his hand up trying to claim the penalty and the crowd shouted for it as well. It was neither a foul or a penalty IMO. Neither was Stevensons, but the home crowd were always going to shout for it.

GGTTH
Scottish Cup Winners 2016

Onion
28-12-2017, 01:33 PM
Exactly. Seen them given but no chance it was deliberate. No pen is the correct decision.

That's the problem with the two decisions; the pen is subjective and open to the ref's interpretation, the Hibs goal was objective and there for all to see. There's no doubt or debate about Hibs goal. Even if Hearts had been give the pen, they still would have had to score. They do not balance each out in any way - despite Levein trying to suggest that.

Hibernia&Alba
28-12-2017, 01:34 PM
That's the problem with the two decisions; the pen is subjective and open to the ref's interpretation, the Hibs goal was objective and there for all to see. There's no doubt or debate about Hibs goal. Even if Hearts had been give the pen, they still would have had to score. They do not balance each out in any way - despite Levein trying to suggest that.

Exactly. Sometimes you get the penalty; sometimes you don't. However, a legitimate goal is a legitimate goal.

brog
28-12-2017, 01:45 PM

Agree 100%. The other big difference is that the penalty claim was not for a tackle or a handball preventing an opportunity to score. It was an innocuous ball going away from goal with no Yam near it. Only in the mystical world of Harry Potter do the 2 cancel each other out.

Sioux
28-12-2017, 02:16 PM
Agree 100%. The other big difference is that the penalty claim was not for a tackle or a handball preventing an opportunity to score. It was an innocuous ball going away from goal with no Yam near it. Only in the mystical world of Harry Potter do the 2 cancel each other out.

Case dismissed!

28-12-2017, 02:28 PM
Ball was travelling at speed, took a delfection of Hanlon to change the direction and he tried to pull his arm away as opposed to moving towards the ball.

Never a penalty and they are just using it as defelction because they, yet again in a derby, got away with one.

Absolutely. They got away with murder last night and fine well they know it. They should have had a red card and of course the ridiculously disallowed goal. Yet again a huge slice of luck goes their way in a derby. They really are the jammiest club on the planet. To even try to use that penalty claim to make out it evens everything up is ridiculous. It did hit his hand but it would have been very harsh to give, ball travelling at pace, and in close proximity, not a lot Stevenson could really do. Yes, i've seen them given before but that doesn't necessarily mean its the correct decision.

matty_f
28-12-2017, 02:30 PM
Straw clutching to a massive degree. Never a penalty, imho.

hibbysam
28-12-2017, 02:34 PM
It was a penalty, IMHO. That was our own lucky moment last night.

Never a penalty. Referees had one of those objectives at the start of the season where they make one rule clear of how it is going to be governed through the season. They advised that if a ball deflects/takes a sudden change of direction that it won’t be given. Last night the ball was crossed in and took a nick off a Hearts players head. That’s not a penalty.

TRC
28-12-2017, 02:39 PM
They guy that took the free kick shouldn't ha ve been on the pitch

Hibee Mac
28-12-2017, 02:42 PM
Would have been an absolute tragedy if that had been given as a pen.

Hibernia&Alba
28-12-2017, 02:43 PM
Never a penalty. Referees had one of those objectives at the start of the season where they make one rule clear of how it is going to be governed through the season. They advised that if a ball deflects/takes a sudden change of direction that it won’t be given. Last night the ball was crossed in and took a nick off a Hearts players head. That’s not a penalty.

Then I defer to your superior knowledge, as I wasn't aware of that :aok:

hibbysam
28-12-2017, 05:01 PM
Then I defer to your superior knowledge, as I wasn't aware of that :aok:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.joe.co.uk/amp/sport/how-englands-lucy-bronze-managed-to-convince-referee-to-overturn-penalty-decision-135047

I knew I had seen it somewhere, not in the context I had thought but during a pre tournament briefing from an official. Not sure if our referees do similar up here in regards to meeting with teams to share knowledge nd understanding.

Lancs Harp
28-12-2017, 05:11 PM
They would have missed it anyway. :wink:

jakedance
28-12-2017, 05:12 PM
Probably not a penalty but we’d be complaining about it if we’d not been given it.

thebakerboy
28-12-2017, 05:18 PM
There was another incident when there was a bit of a stramash when the ball was bobbing about with them trying to hit it goalward and us trying to clear it. As the ball went up in between Marv and bauben it hit both there arms about the same time. Bauben put his hand up trying to claim the penalty and the crowd shouted for it as well. It was neither a foul or a penalty IMO. Neither was Stevensons, but the home crowd were always going to shout for it.

GGTTH
Scottish Cup Winners 2016
I saw that but it hit Baubens hand first then Marvs and as Bauben put his hand up to claim pen I am sure it hit his hand again. There is nothing else to say!!

Onion
28-12-2017, 05:22 PM
...is living within their means, the destruction of their songbook and continuing humbling by Hibernian FC every time we meet.

DH1875
28-12-2017, 05:29 PM
Lot of people saying its not a pen and then a few (including me) saying it is a pen. Just goes to show hard a decision these things are at times. Would have been a right kick in the balls had they got it though.

greenlex
28-12-2017, 05:30 PM
Not even worthy of discussion on Sky after the match. It wasnt even mentioned in a match that needed any old **** mentioning because it was dire.. Potter never even mentioned it amd he loves anything to deflect from how pish they really are. It wasnt a penalty as the ref didnt give it. It was the correct decision..

-Jonesy-
28-12-2017, 05:35 PM
Hardly surprising comfort blanket from the team that still think 5-1 means anything to anyone...deluded fuds

davhibby
28-12-2017, 06:09 PM
Lot of people saying its not a pen and then a few (including me) saying it is a pen. Just goes to show hard a decision these things are at times. Would have been a right kick in the balls had they got it though.

It's not a pen in a million years though. If that's a penalty there would be 2/3 penalties for handball every week. He tries to move his arm out the way and he has very little time to do it. This and the supposed offside for the Shaw goal haven't been discussed properly anywhere but the Hearts fans think if they keep going on about it'll become the truth

Hibernia&Alba
28-12-2017, 06:16 PM
Hardly surprising comfort blanket from the team that still think 5-1 means anything to anyone...deluded fuds

It does to me, but let's not drag that up again. They'll keep :wink:

WHAM
28-12-2017, 06:42 PM
Never a penalty in a million years. Unintentional handball and the ball was going out of play! Different if it was preventing a goal scoring opportunity.

Joe6-2
28-12-2017, 07:42 PM
Oops, hand to ball 😂

Eyrie
28-12-2017, 07:56 PM
I wouldn't have claimed for it if that had happened in their box.

Typical Hearts clutching at straws.

nonshinyfinish
28-12-2017, 09:33 PM

Interesting. Was there any caveat attached to it? I.e., if the ball changes direction but then the player blatantly sticks his hand up to stop it?

Steve20
28-12-2017, 11:08 PM
The people saying it was a penalty are just wanting to come across as different for the sake of it. NEVER A PENALTY in a million years. You’d have to be some sort of idiot to think it was.

kaimendhibs
29-12-2017, 02:32 AM
I wouldnt give them a penalty if big Marv took Walkers head off with a kung fu kick. The claim for handball against Lewis is baws and a diversionary tactic

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Tornadoes70
29-12-2017, 02:46 AM
It's not a pen in a million years though. If that's a penalty there would be 2/3 penalties for handball every week. He tries to move his arm out the way and he has very little time to do it. This and the supposed offside for the Shaw goal haven't been discussed properly anywhere but the Hearts fans think if they keep going on about it'll become the truth

:top marks

There's certainly a fair few of these fools who just can't handle the truth. The deluded doesn't begin to describe some of them.

Mon the Cabbage 10 in a row beckons!!!

:flag:

29-12-2017, 03:04 AM
Ahead of the defender but not ahead of the ball as Boyle kicks it.

Not clear from the shot below but if you watch it slowed down you can see it actually slightly touches Goncalves' hand first. It then touches Bartley's arm twice and then Goncalves' arm twice.

No need to do one of Lewis's, there's no doubt it touches his arm but it is ball to hand. After the flick on he has next to no time to move his arm out of the way and you can see he did try to move it away but the ball had already hit it. No advantage was gained as their were no Hearts players that would've got the ball.

Also, shot below (again is clearer when seen played back in slo-mo) is when Walker clobbers Boyle with his fist which should have been his 2nd yellow (not to mention others tackles which also could've been), so he shouldn't have been on the pitch to take the free kick which led to the ball hitting Lewis's arm.