PDA

View Full Version : "We won't be bullied this time"

matty_f
28-12-2017, 10:18 AM
There was a lot of chat from Hearts about how they weren't going to be bullied last night, and that manifested itself in them kicking us up and down the pitch - particularly in the first half where they were taking turns kicking McGinn.

It made me think where this feeling that they'd been bullied previously had come from, as there's an inference that we're a dirty team when we play them.

If anything, all we've done in these games is stand up to their attempts at bullying us - their gameplan against us is invariably to stop us playing and break up play with niggly fouls time and time again. If you take the cummulative foul count in all derbies since the start of the first Championship campaign, I reckon they'd be close on double the number of fouls that we've committed.

That to me does not reflect that we're a team of bullies. We don't get intimidated and can hold our own against their overly aggressive tactics, but that doesn't mean we've bullied them.

We're just better than them. Nothing to do with being bullied. They made a big deal of "not going to be bullied" last night, and they weren't - but at the same time they didn't lay a glove on us. It looks like the height of their ambition at the moment is to get stuck in, and that's the be-all and end-all for them.

For us we tried to win the game, getting stuck in was just a by-product.

Carheenlea
28-12-2017, 10:22 AM
They are the epitome of the standard bully - love to dish it out, but not as keen when their victims hit them back, and sometimes harder.

matty_f
28-12-2017, 10:23 AM
They are the epitome of the standard bully - love to dish it out, but not as keen when their victims hit them back, and sometimes harder.

Yeah, I thought that as well. :greengrin

Firestarter
28-12-2017, 10:26 AM

Think that sums Potter up as a person too.

Geo_1875
28-12-2017, 10:27 AM
They seem to confuse being played off the park with being kicked off the park. They think that by handing out a football lesson we are bullying them.

I noticed last night that they still do the throw themselves on the ground, holding there face and squirming thing. No matter who they have in their team they never change. Cheats then, cheats now, cheats forever.

bingo70
28-12-2017, 10:28 AM
Said something similar Matty after Levein said that at the AGM. I think it was a hugely insulting statement, and going by Lennons comments i think it annoyed him too.

FWIW i think we said something similar when they had a better team than us (that they couldn't afford), and all we wanted to do was to stand up to them. In hindsight, looking back at the decent Hearts teams in the Romanov era, we weren't being bullied, we simply weren't as good as them and i think the same is happening in reverse here.

Trying to play devils advocate Levein couldn't say at the AGM when that quote came out that there was very little he could do about our dominance as we're better than them so he had to say something that would appeal to the masses. As his teams have always been about having big hatchet men behaving like thugs that sort of chat was always going to go down well.

All that said it actually shocked me how bad they were last night though, there were about 5 or 6 occasions they just punted it out the park whatever way they were facing to get it out there own half. It was almost like the ball was an inconvenience when they could be kicking Hibs players instead

ajf
28-12-2017, 10:28 AM
There was a lot of chat from Hearts about how they weren't going to be bullied last night, and that manifested itself in them kicking us up and down the pitch - particularly in the first half where they were taking turns kicking McGinn.

It made me think where this feeling that they'd been bullied previously had come from, as there's an inference that we're a dirty team when we play them.

If anything, all we've done in these games is stand up to their attempts at bullying us - their gameplan against us is invariably to stop us playing and break up play with niggly fouls time and time again. If you take the cummulative foul count in all derbies since the start of the first Championship campaign, I reckon they'd be close on double the number of fouls that we've committed.

That to me does not reflect that we're a team of bullies. We don't get intimidated and can hold our own against their overly aggressive tactics, but that doesn't mean we've bullied them.

We're just better than them. Nothing to do with being bullied. They made a big deal of "not going to be bullied" last night, and they weren't - but at the same time they didn't lay a glove on us. It looks like the height of their ambition at the moment is to get stuck in, and that's the be-all and end-all for them.

This:top marks

bingo70
28-12-2017, 10:34 AM
They seem to confuse being played off the park with being kicked off the park. They think that by handing out a football lesson we are bullying them.

I noticed last night that they still do the throw themselves on the ground, holding there face and squirming thing. No matter who they have in their team they never change. Cheats then, cheats now, cheats forever.

Next time Hearts are on the tele watch what they do when they take centre to start the game, it's hilarious to watch although should really be getting picked up on my the officials. They basically have a mini game of American Football and have their two forwards run into the other team trying to close down the man on the ball.

Could only happen under a Levein managed team.

Baader
28-12-2017, 10:37 AM
A few bookings and zero shots on target. They must be so proud.

green day
28-12-2017, 10:45 AM
The JKB idiot fringe do seem to have this mindset that we (the seem to think its mostly Bartley) have pushed them around for the last couple of years - and they dont give any credit to the other hibs players who he allows freedom by doing his role so well.

Lots of them have never known anything other than teams on financial steroids, so having players of similar abilities who might lose a derby match simply doesnt compute.

Hence they need to grasp for some reasoning for Hibs 9 match unbeaten run - it cant be better, more skilful players, or managers who out think their tactical geniuses - ergo, it must be that we have bullied them.

This makes it easy for Levein to put a soundbite out at the AGM, as his teams are generally pretty tough anyway.

According to their match day thread on JKB, last night was an irrelevance - the cup match is all that matters which is when they are going to give us a doing. Bonkers, surely league points are also important????

Not sure how prevalent the view is among "normal" Hearts fans.

Sioux
28-12-2017, 10:54 AM
The JKB idiot fringe do seem to have this mindset that we (the seem to think its mostly Bartley) have pushed them around for the last couple of years - and they dont give any credit to the other hibs players who he allows freedom by doing his role so well.

Lots of them have never known anything other than teams on financial steroids, so having players of similar abilities who might lose a derby match simply doesnt compute.

Hence they need to grasp for some reasoning for Hibs 9 match unbeaten run - it cant be better, more skilful players, or managers who out think their tactical geniuses - ergo, it must be that we have bullied them.

This makes it easy for Levein to put a soundbite out at the AGM, as his teams are generally pretty tough anyway.

According to their match day thread on JKB, last night was an irrelevance - the cup match is all that matters which is when they are going to give us a doing. Bonkers, surely league points are also important????

Not sure how prevalent the view is among "normal" Hearts fans.

You'll have a hard job finding out. Normal hertz fans are like the yeti. Lots of folk believe they exist, but there's no evidence.

AltheHibby
28-12-2017, 10:58 AM
"According to their match day thread on JKB, last night was an irrelevance - the cup match is all that matters which is when they are going to give us a doing. Bonkers, surely league points are also important????"

That would be the thread for the game against "the vermin"? A title that neatly sums up their mindset. They are a psychiatrist's dream client.

Fritz
28-12-2017, 11:02 AM
The fact is we're better than them and they know it, so they have to resort to basic thuggery to try and compete. Unfortunately for them we're not only better, we're also harder than them, so this doesn't work. So instead they call us bullies.

green day
28-12-2017, 11:03 AM
You'll have a hard job finding out. Normal hertz fans are like the yeti. Lots of folk believe they exist, but there's no evidence.

:greengrin Quite - I used to work with some decent jambos, none of whom were on JKB.

I also worked with a tube who was deffo on JKB and was one who would unquestionably refer to us as Vermin.

SteveHFC
28-12-2017, 11:05 AM

In our 9 undefeated games the stats

Fouls
Hibs 109
Hearts 161

Bookings
Hibs 24
Hearts 26

Reds
Hibs 1
Hearts 2

CRAZYHIBBY
28-12-2017, 11:05 AM
We havent been bullied in a derby since jake mcpake told them "they would never walk over us again"...... let them stew

hibsbollah
28-12-2017, 11:07 AM

Fouls
Hibs 109
Hearts 161

Bookings
Hibs 24
Hearts 26

Reds
Hibs 1
Hearts 2

That's just a sign of the Refs favouring the hobo pegselling vermin.

Pagan Hibernia
28-12-2017, 11:08 AM
I don’t mind the idea of us bullying them on the pitch actually. I’m a big fan of that sort of thing especially, as others have pointed out, as it’s what they have traditionally always done to us

Geo_1875
28-12-2017, 11:18 AM

Fouls
Hibs 109
Hearts 161

Bookings
Hibs 24
Hearts 26

Reds
Hibs 1
Hearts 2

Huge difference in fouls committed yet the number of bookings are similar. Just shows how referees are keen to book Hibs players for their first foul yet let them away with several before taking any action.

lord bunberry
28-12-2017, 11:21 AM
If anyone has any doubt about who is the team of hatchet men, then all they have to do is look at the fair play table.
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/scottish-premiership/fairnesstabelle/wettbewerb/SC1

matty_f
28-12-2017, 11:33 AM

Fouls
Hibs 109
Hearts 161

Bookings
Hibs 24
Hearts 26

Reds
Hibs 1
Hearts 2

Cheers for that, I thought there would be a big gap in the fouls but (being honest) I couldn't be hooped checking.

The stats certainly don't scream out that we're a team bullying them. If anything, it shows we've been successful in spite of their efforts to bully them.

B.H.F.C
28-12-2017, 11:43 AM
They were cowards last night.

They think it's brave to empty someone when you have no intention of playing the ball. Luckily, we have players who will stand up to that no problem at all. Takes a braver player to get on the ball, and although our quality going forward was crap, at least we didn't hide and kept trying to get on it.

southsider
28-12-2017, 11:56 AM
SJM was booted from piller to post last nite. Just got up & was ready to go again. His best game for a while. Knows what it means to us. SJM we love u.

Thecat23
28-12-2017, 12:00 PM
SJM was booted from piller to post last nite. Just got up & was ready to go again. His best game for a while. Knows what it means to us. SJM we love u.

He was kicked about but he was poor again last night in his decision making. He also has to stop crawling over the ball players are getting wise to this and he’s wanting a foul every time. He’s a much better player than his performances past few games.

WhileTheChief..
28-12-2017, 12:20 PM
At least they’re getting a reputation for being thugs finally. They can only get away with it for so long.

I like how the media generally have us as a decent footballing team and them as long ball hatchet men. It really winds them up too.

--------
28-12-2017, 12:30 PM
If anyone has any doubt about who is the team of hatchet men, then all they have to do is look at the fair play table.
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/scottish-premiership/fairnesstabelle/wettbewerb/SC1

So HUNS and huns are second bottom and bottom of the Criminality League respectively - and that's with the referees ignoring 50% of the fouls they commit and 'not seeing' any goal they don't like ....

Says it all.

Stantons Angel
28-12-2017, 12:47 PM

Thats the levein interpretation of playing football. if you cant match them stop them in any way!

He is cute with it though. its not the same player kicking him. they all take turns at it so no one player gets booked or sent off, they all have a shot at him!

in all the years i have been watching derbies this is certainly the most talent less team i have seen in maroon!

Yet their fans just cant see this... a friend of mine last night commented on facebook "thank God they (Hibs) were more rubbish than us" i think i must have missed out on something during the game that made them see something good coming from that crap in Maroon?

theonlywayisup
28-12-2017, 01:24 PM

Fouls
Hibs 109
Hearts 161

Bookings
Hibs 24
Hearts 26

Reds
Hibs 1
Hearts 2

Was trying to think who the Hibs player that was sent off was and what for.

Then realised it was Cummings for.............(wait for it).........standing in front of Hertz fans with his hands out stretched celebrating a goal and for kicking the ball back to get play restarted / wasting time depending on your point of view.

What a bunch of bullies we are?:rolleyes:

28-12-2017, 01:56 PM
Bullied? :faf: They are a dirty bunch of cloggers who set out to kick teams off the park every week. They're an absolute gang.

Bostonhibby
28-12-2017, 03:33 PM
They've got nothing left and don't like the idea that thuggery alone doesn't always do it. One dimensional playground bully doesn't like it when they don't get what they want.

Potter is incapable of a plan B. It's why they dominate the bottom of the fair play league but absolutely nothing else.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Keith_M
28-12-2017, 03:48 PM
Here's the foul count for the four derby games in 2017,

Hibs

Hearts

greenlex
28-12-2017, 07:22 PM
They seemed to target Stevenson for a sustained period in the game. I think Potter has sussed we don’t really have cover for him if he was to be injured. Says it all about him and hearts to be honest.

Edinburgh Green
28-12-2017, 07:58 PM
‘We won’t get bullied this time’
It’s cute that they think they have a say in the matter.

Pagan Hibernia
28-12-2017, 09:54 PM
‘We won’t get bullied this time’
It’s cute that they think they have a say in the matter.

:tee hee:

ajf
29-12-2017, 09:13 AM
We need Lennon to come out with " we need protection " before the cup tie otherwise we're not gonna have a team for the replay , he can back it up with the afore mentioned stats

matty_f
29-12-2017, 10:10 AM
We need Lennon to come out with " we need protection " before the cup tie otherwise we're not gonna have a team for the replay , he can back it up with the afore mentioned stats

I think drawing attention to their tactics is definitely merited. We know exactly how they'll set up and what they'll try to do.

We need a strong ref to book them early in the game rather than letting foul after foul go before getting the cards out.

If we get that, we'll skoosh it - as a football side we're miles and miles ahead of them, which is the reason they've not beaten us in however many years that it is now.

We've not been lucky in any of the games we've won or drawn, in fact there's a strong case to be made that we're unlucky not to have won more than we have.

Carheenlea
29-12-2017, 10:53 AM
Hearts/Levein summed up perfectly by Neil Lennon

“It’s not tackling, it’s just booting people, or pushing them or going into the back of people or going in late."

allezsauzee
29-12-2017, 12:03 PM
I think the majority of the fouls against us were for offside

GST1875
29-12-2017, 12:52 PM
I think people are defining bullying in not quite the right way here. I would say we have bullied them in our recent undefeated run. But by that I mean they have not been able to stand up to the legal (well, usually...) physicality of the likes of McGinn, McGregor, Bartley, Holt and even Hanlon to name a few. Having sat through so many derbies in my time where physically we couldn´t get close to them, I´ve no problem with that.

On Wednesday night I´d say they restored some parity in that regard, Buaben, Berra and Lafferty (occasionally) won their share of challenges, but more often than not Hearts reverted to what posters refer to here and just kicked lumps up and down the park.

emerald green
29-12-2017, 05:16 PM
"Hearts tried to kick us off the park" - Neil Lennon.

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/hibernian/hearts-tried-to-kick-us-off-the-park-claims-hibs-boss-neil-lennon-1-4649078

Kato
29-12-2017, 07:35 PM
I think people are defining bullying in not quite the right way here. I would say we have bullied them in our recent undefeated run. But by that I mean they have not been able to stand up to the legal (well, usually...) physicality of the likes of McGinn, McGregor, Bartley, Holt and even Hanlon to name a few. Having sat through so many derbies in my time where physically we couldn´t get close to them, I´ve no problem with that.

On Wednesday night I´d say they restored some parity in that regard, Buaben, Berra and Lafferty (occasionally) won their share of challenges, but more often than not Hearts reverted to what posters refer to here and just kicked lumps up and down the park.

"Bullied" is their chosen term. Translated it means Hibs are better and bigger than they are. They don't like that so pick a fight. Weirdos.

tamig
29-12-2017, 08:22 PM
They seemed to target Stevenson for a sustained period in the game. I think Potter has sussed we don’t really have cover for him if he was to be injured. Says it all about him and hearts to be honest.
Lewis took a battering on Wednesday but they couldn’t keep him down and he always came back for the next challenge. I can’t believe he lasted the full game. A very brave and committed performance from the wee man.

Bostonhibby
29-12-2017, 08:56 PM
Discussing this tonight with a celtc fan and tartan army follower and he reckons that what this means is Potter can't comprehend how players like Lewis and SJM just take their assaults and carry on, so we must be bullying them.

We're actually bossing them.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

green day
30-12-2017, 07:33 AM
Levein responded in his press conference by stating that Lennon made a career out of kicking people.

He fails to mention that Lennon doesn't set his team's up to kick.

But, yet again, it's a Levein soundbite that the JKB balloons will lap up.

Usual Jambos, doing all their talking in the media.

Col2
30-12-2017, 07:36 AM
Two contrasting player and manager careers.

One full of success, titles, cups and another remembered for 4-6-0 and also missing THAT game at dens in 1986 through a ‘mystery illness’.

Not In The Know
30-12-2017, 07:46 AM
They use the term bullied as it’s easy to understand for their uneducated fans. It’s a simple excuse for losing a match without them having to admit we are much better.

McSwanky
30-12-2017, 07:48 AM
Two contrasting player and manager careers.

One full of success, titles, cups and another remembered for 4-6-0 and also missing THAT game at dens in 1986 through a ‘mystery illness’.What game was that? Was that the one where they went out and bullied Dundee off the pitch, winning the league in the process? The same season they went on and lifted the cup after easing their way past Aberdeen in the final?

Just as well those t shirts they got made up didn't go to waste.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Colr
30-12-2017, 08:00 AM

Bullies don’t ;ike it when people stand up to them. Their first reaction is bleat and go crying that their a victim. Shows you’ve been effective when it happens and their psychology will change as a result. We are definately in top.

Onion
30-12-2017, 08:12 AM
Levein responded in his press conference by stating that Lennon made a career out of kicking people.

He fails to mention that Lennon doesn't set his team's up to kick.

But, yet again, it's a Levein soundbite that the JKB balloons will lap up.

Usual Jambos, doing all their talking in the media.

Simply a deflection as the stats and visual evidence support Lennon's claims. Current Hearts players are as limited a bunch as we've seen at Tynecastle in years and unable to compete on footballing terms with Hibs, so go out to injure opponents. How the likes of Walker stayed on the pitch on Wed, I'll never know. Booked early doors, he continued to foul and hack his way through the game.

hibsbollah
30-12-2017, 08:14 AM
"Hearts tried to kick us off the park" - Neil Lennon.

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/hibernian/hearts-tried-to-kick-us-off-the-park-claims-hibs-boss-neil-lennon-1-4649078

He said that in response to the reporters question about Leveins 'we won't be bullied this time' line, which was pure stirring from the diseased bumfluffed one. Lennon obviously has some history for losing his temper, but he's carried himself with class in comparison to the gimp in the hearts jammies. More importantly, it's all true, as anyone watching the game without his eyes painted on will testify.

CorrieHibs
30-12-2017, 08:28 AM
Simply a deflection as the stats and visual evidence support Lennon's claims. Current Hearts players are as limited a bunch as we've seen at Tynecastle in years and unable to compete on footballing terms with Hibs, so go out to injure opponents. How the likes of Walker stayed on the pitch on Wed, I'll never know. Booked early doors, he continued to foul and hack his way through the game.

Walker does the same in every derby. I think it's too much for him. He loses his game and resorts to kicking.

The derby at Easter Road he made about 6 fouls and never received a booking! Was like he was invisible!

If Bartley had done that he would be off.

eastcoasthibby
30-12-2017, 09:50 AM

They did this at ER, as did Aberdeen , as did Hamilton, as did Motherwell, referees are letting them away with it, so they keep doing it til they are in situation of no more ...but as we have seen refs book players for persistent fouling but when do you ever see a second yellow given for it ...another sign of bottleless refs ..??

Treadstone
30-12-2017, 10:04 AM
Levein grandstanding for the fans. Equivalent of Pedro's "we are the people". How did that work out?

Dashing Bob S
30-12-2017, 10:06 AM
Their mindset is that of the typical bully. The outrageous behavior followed by the sudden embracing of victimhood whenever somebody stands up to them.

I say hang em high and be done with it.