PDA

View Full Version : Lennon and the Officials

Cameron1875
28-12-2017, 10:25 AM
No not the name of a band.

Since he has taken charge we have consistently had some absolutely shocking decisions against us. The Brondby home game, month of Bartley red cards last season, and Hearts/Rangers matches this season. Also it seems teams are given free reign to kick the hell out of our players yet it takes them 5 challenges to get booked whereas ours are instantly booked.

I worry that his reputation as generally being hated outwith us and Celtic is affecting officials decision making. Years of "snarling Lennon", "furious Lennon" headlines accompanied by usually the same old photos of him have built an image that he is permanently like that.

Listening to him though he is a lot more articulate than people think and rarely rants in his interviews about officials. Especially last night he even praises the officials in general.

Unfortunately the strange coincidences that are happening with Hibs games are falling into the 'Honest Mistakes' category:rolleyes:.

fat freddy
28-12-2017, 10:29 AM
Good name for a band.

matty_f
28-12-2017, 10:46 AM
I think he's definitely finding out what it's like to be at a club like Hibs when you're constantly on the end of decisions like last night's. He thought he had it bad at Celtc, can only imagine he'd love to be just having to put up with those levels of incompetence again.

Mr White
28-12-2017, 10:52 AM
We had more than our fair share under Fenlon too, maybe it's an anti-Irish agenda :greengrin

I think it's highly unlikely that the Spanish ref in the Brondby match had even heard of Neil Lennon before let alone set out to do us over to spite him though.

Ozyhibby
28-12-2017, 10:52 AM
The fact he called them out as liars and they went on strike about it probably doesn’t help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Heid Yin
28-12-2017, 10:54 AM
Neil Lennon is a top guy - articulate, humorous, and honest and fair in his assessment of games.
He comes with a wee temper and a passion that drives him to want to bring out the best in his players.
He splits opinion and fans either love him or hate him - depending on the colour of the scarf one dons.
I said it before, and I'm even more convinced now, that he is the best manager we have had since Eddie Turnbull.

hibsbollah
28-12-2017, 10:58 AM
The fact he called them out as liars and they went on strike about it probably doesn’t help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As has been said, we were on the end of shockers under Fenlon as well, so Lennon's comments have nothing to do with it imo. Petries also about as 'establishment' as you can get which hasn't helped us be looked favourably upon either. It's just a mystery.

Onceinawhile
28-12-2017, 11:12 AM
What happened in the brondby home leg?

Mr White
28-12-2017, 11:14 AM
What happened in the brondby home leg?

We had a Cummings goal disallowed, which looked to be onside. Lennon was sent to the stand and subsequently got a 6 match European touchline ban.

Onion
28-12-2017, 11:19 AM
Lennon is a better manager and more articulate, reasoned guy than I thought and doesn’t get the credit and respect he deserves. No question, some officials’ decisions include a Lennon factor - last night and the Hun hand ball being clear examples.

Firestarter
28-12-2017, 11:26 AM
Lennon was absolutely raging at full time both with players and officials.