PDA

View Full Version : Hibs v Killie

GreenCastle
28-12-2017, 08:41 AM
Going to be interesting to see how we line up on Saturday.

With Boyle and Barker taking knocks last night - will mean a serious lack of width and pace / creativity.

Killie have been impressive last few weeks and playing well with their new manager.

Add in Huns play Celtic and Dons v Hoofball Of Midlothian and would be a very important 3 points if we could win.

Killie will also be fresh after no game last night due to an all weather pitch being frozen....

Wee Effen Bee
28-12-2017, 08:51 AM
Respect please: they have one of the most majestic stadia in the world. They are also the best in the league at picking up points by focusing on not letting any goals in...and er, by not having any shots on target at home against the pishy wee team. Hoofball of Midlothian😁

Wee Effen Bee
28-12-2017, 08:56 AM
Forgot to say that we have had the toughest fortnight of anyone in the league and a wee bit tinkering of the team may be necessary. As you say, a week’s rest may favour Killie who were unlucky against is at Rugby Park. They played well that night.

bigwheel
28-12-2017, 08:58 AM
In my view, this will be a harder game than last night. Killie have some quality about them, with recent signings and the organisation of Clarke. Will be a real test for us - and will need a strong performance to get 3 points.

GreenCastle
28-12-2017, 09:05 AM
Hopefully this won’t be McGinns last game for Hibs.

Any co-incidence the transfer news broke just before a derby to try unsettle the player ?

I would imagine before the cup tie on the 21st the same will happen if he’s still a Hibs player.

Jones28
28-12-2017, 09:32 AM
Really looking forward to it regardless, lost a bit of buzz after the Aberdeen game but after the Ross County game and last night I'm excited again.

Any confirmation on the extent of the injuries to Boyle and Barker? Could this mean Big Dave coming in and Stokes playing wide left?

we are hibs
28-12-2017, 09:44 AM
Think Swanson might play in this one if either or both wingers are out

Scorrie
28-12-2017, 09:50 AM
Think Killies rotten pitch will play a big part in team selection. Anyone carrying knee or ankle injuries may well be rested. That could mean Boyle out

GreenCastle
28-12-2017, 09:55 AM
Think Killies rotten pitch will play a big part in team selection. Anyone carrying knee or ankle injuries may well be rested. That could mean Boyle out

Hibs are at home !

Last game of 2017 before a short break.

Next home league game is Wednesday Jan 31st after this one against Motherwell. Long wait !

BoomtownHibees
28-12-2017, 09:56 AM

It would play a part of the game was through there

Souter96Mac
28-12-2017, 10:00 AM
Again buzzing for this one. Swanson will probably get a chance which will be interesting! Potentially go back to the diamond in midfield due to lack of width.

Sir David Gray
28-12-2017, 10:03 AM
In my view, this will be a harder game than last night. Killie have some quality about them, with recent signings and the organisation of Clarke. Will be a real test for us - and will need a strong performance to get 3 points.

That really wouldn't be hard. Hearts are one of the worst teams I've seen us play so far this season.

Garymcl
28-12-2017, 10:03 AM
Let's turn up in huge numbers again get right behind the team for the last game at the San Siro for a month the Huns will get humped in the early kick off so it's vital we win on Saturday to be only a couple of points behind them should be another healthy crowd on Saturday can't wait :flag::flag:

Allant1981
28-12-2017, 10:10 AM
id play slivka and swanson in this game, possibly give mcginn a rest as i think he needs it

Lancs Harp
Hoping either Barker or Boyle , or both, are fit enough to play against a resurgent Killie or any other Hibs player come to think of it as Im pretty sure there will be some bruised and battered bodies on the treatment table this morning.

Should be a decent game. I missed both OF games (caught them on the box) so my first home game for a few weeks really looking forward to it, the highlight of my Christmas week.

JimBHibees
Would assume Boyle definitely out and may be touch and go for the cup match. The appalling surface contributed to his injury looked like ankle ligaments.

Barker looked like a knock so may be ok for Saturday, hope so was a shame he went off as could have been the difference last night.

Will be a tough game as Killie are good at the moment

Sir David Gray
28-12-2017, 10:13 AM
id play slivka and swanson in this game, possibly give mcginn a rest as i think he needs it

McGinn will get a rest after the game for 3 weeks, we need a big performance out of him and the rest of the players who are fit.

Mainstandman
28-12-2017, 10:19 AM
McGinn will get a rest after the game for 3 weeks, we need a big performance out of him and the rest of the players who are fit.
He needs it, I'd like Fraser Murray to play.

Allant1981
28-12-2017, 10:24 AM

we havent had a big performance for a while so what makes you think saturday will be any different, he needs rested and we have more than adequate players who can come in and play, for what its worth i dont think he will be rested

arent we playing some friendly games in the "break"?

Sir David Gray
28-12-2017, 10:31 AM
we havent had a big performance for a while so what makes you think saturday will be any different, he needs rested and we have more than adequate players who can come in and play, for what its worth i dont think he will be rested

We're playing Willem II and that's it as far as I'm aware.

There's no need for McGinn to play in that if he needs as much of a rest as you say.

I just don't see him being left out on Saturday unless he's injured.

Cameron1875
28-12-2017, 10:34 AM
No repeat of Aberdeen please! Hoping Lennon freshens it up and if that means 5 or 6 changes then so be it.

A chance for Swanson and lets see what Slivka is made of:agree:

SirDavidsNapper
28-12-2017, 10:42 AM
Killie are the form team right now. Very tough gane

hibbyfraelibby
28-12-2017, 10:53 AM
If both Brandon and Squirel miss the game I would start with Big Davy up front alongside Oli. Drop Stokes into the wide left slot with. Swanson and Slivka to join Dylan in midfield and a back 4 permed from the usual suspects. Give SJM the last 30min

bingo70
28-12-2017, 10:55 AM

Apart from Celtic where he had a great tussle with Scott Brown, Rangers when he helped us completely dominate despite being part of a two man central midfield up against 3 rangers midfielders and last night when he was excellent for spells IMO. I agree he was poor again Ross County and Aberdeen though.

I agree about changes for Saturday though. I think there'll be a few sore legs in the changing room today and the team will be dictated to by those injuries. Lennon said after the Aberdeen game he'd need to learn a lesson as the players were fatigued.

Allant1981
28-12-2017, 11:48 AM
Apart from Celtic where he had a great tussle with Scott Brown, Rangers when he helped us completely dominate despite being part of a two man central midfield up against 3 rangers midfielders and last night when he was excellent for spells IMO. I agree he was poor again Ross County and Aberdeen though.

I agree about changes for Saturday though. I think there'll be a few sore legs in the changing room today and the team will be dictated to by those injuries. Lennon said after the Aberdeen game he'd need to learn a lesson as the players were fatigued.

so 2 good games in a very long time(cant agree he was excellent last night)

bingo70
28-12-2017, 12:04 PM
so 2 good games in a very long time(cant agree he was excellent last night)

How far back are you going?

I don't remember people complaining about his form in the games prior to the ones i mentioned? In fact were we not on a decent run of form going into December.

There's probably a fair chance Saturday could be his last game for us, maybe if it is in a month or so you will see what he's brought to the table in these recent matches.

I said excellent in spells last night, first half he was a key part of a midfield that is the most dominant i have ever seen Hibs be at Tynecastle. Second half we fell out of it a bit but i don't know just how much you, and others expect from him?

Allant1981
28-12-2017, 12:28 PM

I don't remember people complaining about his form in the games prior to the ones i mentioned? In fact were we not on a decent run of form going into December.

There's probably a fair chance Saturday could be his last game for us, maybe if it is in a month or so you will see what he's brought to the table in these recent matches.

I said excellent in spells last night, first half he was a key part of a midfield that is the most dominant i have ever seen Hibs be at Tynecastle. Second half we fell out of it a bit but i don't know just how much you, and others expect from him?

if we are valuing him at £4m i expect him to take games by the scruff of the neck and dictate play, he hasnt done that in a long time, mcgeouch is the CM who does that, mcginn is a cracking player and will be sorely missed but he needs a rest big time

Pretty Boy
28-12-2017, 12:35 PM
Tough game. Steve Clarke has transformed Kilmarnock into a top 6 side in the last couple of months and their league position will reflect that in the coming weeks. They’ll be coming in confident mood and rightly so. I’m anticipating a decent game and hopefully that allows us to play a bit.

It’s the kind of home game we really need to be winning to consolidate 4th and try to put pressure on 3rd. I said at the start of the week I’d take 4 points from the games this week and I think we’ll just have enough to do that.

Iggy Pope
28-12-2017, 03:01 PM

Agree. Hibs midfield at Firhill without the suspended McGinn isn't something I'd like to see repeated anytime soon, far less half the season. He is absolutely pivotal.

Hibernia&Alba
28-12-2017, 03:07 PM
Killie are the form team right now. Very tough gane

Yes, credit to Clarke, he's doing very well, and you've have to say Killie produced something of a coup in getting him. They aren't to be taken lightly; they battered The Rangers the other day.

Borderhibbie76
28-12-2017, 03:23 PM
Killie are the form team right now. Very tough ganePeople where saying that about the yams before last night

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Onceinawhile
28-12-2017, 03:25 PM

Give him a rest before the winter break?

Sir David Gray
28-12-2017, 03:27 PM
Yes, credit to Clarke, he's doing very well, and you've have to say Killie produced something of a coup in getting him. They aren't to be taken lightly; they battered The Rangers the other day.

So did we though.

The only thing we didn't get was the win our play deserved.

I think it will be a tough game on Saturday though, certainly a tougher game than we got last night as we will be playing a team that will hopefully try to win as opposed to a team trying not to lose.

number9dream
28-12-2017, 03:29 PM
Very powerful midfield of Mulumbu, Power & Dicker. They get the ball forward quickly in the direction of Boyd and those three then get in about winning the second balls. Big Marv will need some help in there. Of course, if we have the ball, keep it well, and press them back, it's not so much of a concern.

Allant1981
28-12-2017, 03:47 PM
Give him a rest before the winter break?

i actually forgot about the winter break!

Billy Whizz
28-12-2017, 03:47 PM
Think we’ll have a big crowd for this, I’m sure Killie will bring a decent sized support for a change
Need to finish the year with 3 points, consolidate 4th place

Jim44
28-12-2017, 03:59 PM
I hope the players approach this game aggrieved and angry at last night’s miscarriage of justice and shake off their frustration with a convincing win over Killie.

Nevi_SOL
28-12-2017, 04:31 PM
He needs it, I'd like Fraser Murray to play.

Was just going to post this as well. Murray hasn’t let us down anytime he’s played

inglisavhibs
28-12-2017, 04:36 PM
Going to be interesting to see how we line up on Saturday.

With Boyle and Barker taking knocks last night - will mean a serious lack of width and pace / creativity.

Killie have been impressive last few weeks and playing well with their new manager.

Add in Huns play Celtic and Dons v Hoofball Of Midlothian and would be a very important 3 points if we could win.

Killie will also be fresh after no game last night due to an all weather pitch being frozen....
yip, all in all it's a tough one for us. Will need some help from us for sure.

Jamesie
28-12-2017, 07:42 PM
I'd like to see Slivka fill the same role he played at Ibrox. Do that and I think we'll get a big performance from him.

Billy McKirdy
28-12-2017, 09:10 PM
This is my first game since the horror show that was Hamilton at home, I hope I’m not a jinx.

StevieCowan
28-12-2017, 09:21 PM
I think Gray, Swanson and Slivka will all start

seanshow
29-12-2017, 03:58 AM
Killie are nae mugs.

cmon Lennon and the boys, one big effort and then 3 weeks to clear up some injuries.

:flag::flag::flag:

GreenCastle
29-12-2017, 10:01 AM
Any updates on injuries ?

Can’t imagine the players have done much before tomorrow.

Yesterday would be recovery and today with the weather would be hard on the grass.

Hopefully some fresh legs will give us some energy.

Billy Whizz
29-12-2017, 10:10 AM
Hope the snow stops

oldbutdim
29-12-2017, 10:26 AM
I expect this to be Super J’s last appearance for us, so I’d like to see him leave on a high.