PDA

View Full Version : James Keatings

BegbieHSC
28-12-2017, 12:06 AM
Couple of mates are saying that the legend that is James Keatings was in Roseburn stand with the Hibs fans today.

Great to see - absolute top guy. Miss having him !

Greencore
28-12-2017, 12:14 AM
Scottish cup legend. wish him all the best.

sleeping giant
28-12-2017, 12:19 AM
Loved his celebration when Sir David scored the winner:aok:

mjhibby
28-12-2017, 05:20 AM
Such a bubbly player. I'm sure he is on decent money at utd but should be playing in the spl. Injuries have stalled his career as he is a cracking player when he gets a run of games.

California-Hibs
28-12-2017, 06:05 AM
Scottish Cup legend. Still a bit disappointed he left, on his day he’s a tremendous talent with a great finish. Wish him well.

Jones28
28-12-2017, 06:42 AM
He's the kind of guy I feel that would improve the squad. A spark, and a willingness to have a go too.

wearethehibs
28-12-2017, 07:02 AM
Good to see ex players supporting us. Even better that he must have a season ticket for Easter Road.

HibernianJK
28-12-2017, 07:12 AM
Good to see ex players supporting us. Even better that he must have a season ticket for Easter Road.

Must he? Don’t think he would have had any problems getting it off an old teammate.

dp00
28-12-2017, 09:01 AM
Must he? Don’t think he would have had any problems getting it off an old teammate.

Exactly ... players do it for each other all the time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SChibs
28-12-2017, 09:43 AM
How many loyalty points does he have?

GreenCastle
28-12-2017, 09:50 AM
How many loyalty points does he have?

Scottish Cup winner has more than any of us!

Firestarter
28-12-2017, 09:53 AM
Played for them, played for us. He's one of our own now.

Firestarter
28-12-2017, 09:54 AM
Scottish Cup winner has more than any of us!

👍

007 Mickey Weir
28-12-2017, 10:44 AM
Met him at the Rangers Home game and also saw him posting on his Instagram from the Roseburn Stand. Still loves the Hibs

Hfc_Since1875
03-02-2018, 06:48 PM
Great to see him in the Hibs end again today!

H18S NX
03-02-2018, 07:32 PM
Seen him a few times at Easter Road this season.

matty_f
03-02-2018, 07:33 PM
The one that ran the other way. Absolute legend!

16-04-2018, 09:44 PM
He's not been having much luck lately it would seem, with his injury, his grandad passing away not long ago and now his dad in Gran Canaria left unconscious in a hit and run. Thankfully it sounds like he wasn't seriously injured.

https://stv.tv/news/north/1412519-dad-of-scots-footballer-left-unconscious-in-hit-and-run/

southsider
16-04-2018, 10:16 PM
How any person can knock a man down and leave him lying in road is beyond my understanding . Good luck to u sir & all the best from the Hibs fans.

jacomo
16-04-2018, 11:06 PM
Shocking.

Glad to hear it’s not more serious.

BILLYHIBS
03-12-2018, 09:54 AM
Nice goal on Saturday and a nice wee piece on Sportscene highlighting his best bits.

Good to see him back to full fitness and playing well

Jones28
03-12-2018, 10:53 AM
We could do with him at the moment. Always thought it was a shame he left us when he did. He picked and injury when he was starting to fly as well.

BILLYHIBS
03-12-2018, 11:38 AM
We could do with him at the moment. Always thought it was a shame he left us when he did. He picked and injury when he was starting to fly as well.
Thought his goal versus Falkirk at Easter Road in the last minute was “Messiesque” That was the moment I realised we had won the League

Speedy
03-12-2018, 11:49 AM

I got the impression we were happy to keep him as a squad player but he wanted more playing time.

eastmainsmsh
03-12-2018, 11:52 AM
Always popped up with a goal as well good player

Jones28
03-12-2018, 12:54 PM
Thought his goal versus Falkirk at Easter Road in the last minute was “Messiesque” That was the moment I realised we had won the League

Possibly one of the finest individual goals I've seen!

CMurdoch
03-12-2018, 02:42 PM
A goal and 2 assists for Hamilton on Saturday.
Well pleased for him. Has had a tough couple of years on and off the pitch since leaving Hibs.

Famous Fiver
03-12-2018, 03:28 PM
I have not got a bad word to say against the guy.

So pleased to see him recover after his problems and I only wish him all the best for the future.

GreenArmyyy!
03-12-2018, 03:36 PM
Would be more than happy for him to be partnering Flo up front....

Dancehibs
03-12-2018, 03:54 PM
I can that hardly played in the first division is now our saviour. We should bring big Dave back also

Jones28
03-12-2018, 04:17 PM
I can that hardly played in the first division is now our saviour. We should bring big Dave back also

Trolling?

BILLYHIBS
03-12-2018, 04:21 PM
Would take Keatings as a fourth striker but I think that was the reason he left in the first place

Dancehibs
03-12-2018, 04:26 PM
Trolling?
Keatings wasn’t good enough. He under achieved.

Jones28
03-12-2018, 04:35 PM

He showed in flashes what a none of our strikers have done so far this season.

calumhibee1
03-12-2018, 05:44 PM
Would take Keatings as a fourth striker but I think that was the reason he left in the first place

I would say he's about the standard of what our 4th choice striker should be although I think if he came in now he'd be ahead of Shaw IMO.

BILLYHIBS
03-12-2018, 06:01 PM
I would say he's about the standard of what our 4th choice striker should be although I think if he came in now he'd be ahead of Shaw IMO.

Yip! Cracking goal on Saturday and two assists also his cracking goal against Falkirk at Easter Road but my all time fav was when he ran towards me to celebrate SDGs winning goal on 21/5/16 :greengrin

Dancehibs
03-12-2018, 06:02 PM
He showed in flashes what a none of our strikers have done so far this season.
Against first division rubbish. Yeah... strikers haven’t scored this season..

total nonsense

calumhibee1
03-12-2018, 06:04 PM

total nonse.

I really hope that was supposed to say nonsense :greengrin

GreenProfessor
03-12-2018, 06:06 PM
Cracking lad, met him at Krispy Kremes at Hermiston Gait with my Dad last year...he likes a donut!

In fact, that place is a great place to see Hibs players....on three separate occasions have bumped into Dylan McGeoch and Fraser Fyvie, James Keatings and Scott Allan....

MWHIBBIES
03-12-2018, 06:08 PM
He showed in flashes what a none of our strikers have done so far this season.Are you kidding? Maclaren and Shaw haven't exactly set the world on fire (Shaw still has double Keatings league goals, Maclaren is level with him) but to say Kamberi hasn't shown more than Keatings is ****ing ridiculous. Did you see his goal at Celtic park? Or any of the other 7 he has scored?

Dancehibs
03-12-2018, 06:10 PM
I really hope that was supposed to say nonsense :greengrin
Hahahah bad typing my friend

silverhibee
03-12-2018, 06:27 PM
Cracking lad, met him at Krispy Kremes at Hermiston Gait with my Dad last year...he likes a donut!

In fact, that place is a great place to see Hibs players....on three separate occasions have bumped into Dylan McGeoch and Fraser Fyvie, James Keatings and Scott Allan....

Pretty sure they use it as a meeting up place and car share in to east mains, if your there about 8.30 in the morning or about 2.30 in the afternoon you will bump in to a few of the players, not always eating donuts.

Barney McGrew
03-12-2018, 08:12 PM
Pretty sure they use it as a meeting up place and car share in to east mains, if your there about 8.30 in the morning or about 2.30 in the afternoon you will bump in to a few of the players, not always eating donuts.

They used to, but not so much anymore. It used to be the guys that car shared through from Glasgow.

And it it was always soya lattes and the likes in the order, not doughnuts :wink:

GreenProfessor
03-12-2018, 09:31 PM
They used to, but not so much anymore. It used to be the guys that car shared through from Glasgow.

And it it was always soya lattes and the likes in the order, not doughnuts :wink:

Haha....Keats, Fyvie and McGeouch were definitely indulging in the sweet treats....Scott Allan was in with his son before the last Celtic game last season 👍🏻💚🍩

matty_f
03-12-2018, 09:47 PM

Yes, just the one Championship (to add to the one he already had) and a Scottish Cup win.

Wish I underachieved that well.

The 90+2
03-12-2018, 09:58 PM
Yes, just the one Championship (to add to the one he already had) and a Scottish Cup win.

This. I’ll be greatful when I’m about to pop my clogs lying back thinking of Keatings almost scoring leading to that corner. What an under achiever the guy is considering he got a serious injury. Absolute peaches he scored for us too.

Keatings is a legend. Without him there was no cup win.

pacoluna
03-12-2018, 10:05 PM
He scores at the weekend for Hamilton and suddenly he's better than Flo and maclaren.. this place cracks me up.

BILLYHIBS
04-12-2018, 05:59 AM
Won Championship medals with Hearts and HIBS must be a sports quiz question

Oh! and a Scottish Cup Winners medal with Hibernian

Legend!

Dancehibs
04-12-2018, 07:01 AM

Another comedian. Oh no I ve challenged an admin dude.

In glimpses he showed a bit. He wasn’t a starter in second tier of Scottish fitba. An under achiever.

And now some thing he can help us be a top four team.

Jones28
04-12-2018, 07:09 AM

total nonsense

Ok mate you crack on, I'd quite happily have seen Keats stay and you wouldn't, despite a Scottish cup and helping us win promotion with a magnificent goal against Falkirk.

Jones28
04-12-2018, 07:11 AM
Are you kidding? Maclaren and Shaw haven't exactly set the world on fire (Shaw still has double Keatings league goals, Maclaren is level with him) but to say Kamberi hasn't shown more than Keatings is ****ing ridiculous. Did you see his goal at Celtic park? Or any of the other 7 he has scored?

That's fair, Kamberi has a good record this season. Point still stands regarding Shaw and Maclaren.

MWHIBBIES
04-12-2018, 07:26 AM
That's fair, Kamberi has a good record this season. Point still stands regarding Shaw and Maclaren.It doesn't really stand because Shaw has more goals than him and MacLaren is equal.

BILLYHIBS
04-12-2018, 07:27 AM
OK Dancehibs does not rate Keats whoopy do the end is nigh!

Perhaps he should take the time to read through the whole thread and feel the love

Credit to Keats he is a West Coast boy helped Hamilton get up and played for the dark side he bought into our ethos loves our club and he tries to attend HIBS games when he can and his children are HIBS supporters

He was no world beater. His time at HIBS was hindered by injury but he always tried his best and scored some cracking goals along the way.

Dancehibs can sleep easy he will not be re-signing anytime soon but there is nothing wrong with a wee bit nostalgia especially as there is not a lot happening on the pitch just now it is the only thing that keeps us going.

Heisenberg
04-12-2018, 07:35 AM
I like Keatings. He scored some good goals and was part of the squad that won us the cup and got us back to the premiership. I wouldn’t sign him again though.

blackpoolhibs
04-12-2018, 08:02 AM
I like Keatings. He scored some good goals and was part of the squad that won us the cup and got us back to the premiership. I wouldn’t sign him again though.

:agree: People seem to forget the stick he used to take here when not producing nearly good enough performances to break into a side in the championship?

He did have some good performances, he did contribute to us winning promotion and winning the cup, he's one of the legends from that seasons cup winning team.

I'd not want him back, i do wish him well, but we need better now to take us where the screamers want us to be.

Smartie
04-12-2018, 10:45 AM
Keatings was good enough.

There are only question marks over his value to the club due to his injury proneness.

We didn't get enough football out of him, every time he was picking up a bit of momentum he got injured.

monarch
04-12-2018, 12:50 PM

Maybe it’s used as a meeting place with agents. Those mentioned are no longer at ER. :wink: