PDA

View Full Version : 19,316

Hi Heid Yin
27-12-2017, 11:10 PM
Yep, I think tonight's attendance (19,316) at Tynecastle officially confirms our suspicions that we definitely have the bigger stadium capacity.
But, of course, we have yet to get the Jambos dubious take on this figure. Let's also keep in mind their 18,555 against Celtic at Tynie too.
I'm sure there will be mass denial on Sickback.

CallumLaidlaw
27-12-2017, 11:14 PM
Section directly behind the goal that wasn’t sold. And obviously the ones where the tv box was. Not sure there was 700 tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

greenlex
27-12-2017, 11:14 PM
Did the roaster announcer yap on about sell outs?

Baader
27-12-2017, 11:15 PM
Yep, I think tonight's attendance (19,316) at Tynecastle officially confirms our suspicions that we definitely have the bigger stadium capacity.
But, of course, we have yet to get the Jambos dubious take on this figure. Let's also keep in mind their 18,555 against Celtic at Tynie too.

Big team my arse. Everyone knows ER has been and still is the bigger football stadium in Edinburgh. Also their midfield is s***.

Albanian Hibs
27-12-2017, 11:15 PM
Never mentioned sell out never mention crowd 😂😂😂

overdrive
27-12-2017, 11:16 PM

The difference between tonight’s “attendance” and the Celtic attendance can *probably* be partially explained by the fact HoMFC only give a full away stand in the league to us. A fair number of seats are out of action due to segregation. It is also the reason why the TV box was in the opposite stand at the Celtic game.

All in, there were less HoMFC fans there tonight than versus the Green Bigots.

27-12-2017, 11:16 PM
Won't get a mention over there. Somehow I don't think the Sky studio took up 700 seats so it obviously less than the 20k+ they claim. Anyone able to give a decent estimate as to how many seats were taken up by the studio?

hibbysam
27-12-2017, 11:18 PM
The difference between tonight’s “attendance” and the Celtic attendance can *probably* be partially explained by the fact HoMFC only give a full away stand in the league to us. A fair number of seats are out of action due to segregation. It is also the reason why the TV box was in the opposite stand at the Celtic game.

Celtic get the whole end.

overdrive
27-12-2017, 11:20 PM

I beg your pardon, you are right. They only changed that this season.

Thecat23
27-12-2017, 11:22 PM

Celtic had the whole away end.

iwasthere1972
27-12-2017, 11:23 PM

I think you mean the hole end.

SirDavidsNapper
27-12-2017, 11:24 PM
Easter Road is the bigger, better stadium. We ken it, they ken it, Patsy Kensit

Onion
27-12-2017, 11:28 PM

Attendance is only one measure. Only 18500 had an unobstructed view. Shambles of a ground, shambles of a club.

Onion
27-12-2017, 11:29 PM
Easter Road is the bigger, better stadium. We ken it, they ken it, Patsy Kensit

No comparison between the two. ER is on a different level to that shambles.

S4uzee
27-12-2017, 11:36 PM
Section directly behind the goal that wasn’t sold. And obviously the ones where the tv box was. Not sure there was 700 tho.

Why is that section directly behind the goal not sold but is so at the opposite end?

CallumLaidlaw
27-12-2017, 11:36 PM
Why is that section directly behind the goal not sold but is so at the opposite end?

Really no idea. I was in the seat right next to it and couldn’t work it out.

vuefrom1875
27-12-2017, 11:37 PM

Bullocks as usual. Big team my arse.

Billy Whizz
27-12-2017, 11:38 PM

Don’t think he mentioned it tonight, although I think it was as a sell out with allocated seats

Sammy7nil
27-12-2017, 11:39 PM
Does it matter :dunno::dunno::dunno:

hibbyfraelibby
27-12-2017, 11:39 PM
Their capacity is only 19514. Trust me. They claimed a sell out tonight as the Sky studio occupied 200 seats. They had the pie and chip lounges open tonight in the tram shelter at ridiculous amount per head so no empty swaths of seats like most weeks.

mjh
27-12-2017, 11:50 PM
Their capacity is only 19514. Trust me. They claimed a sell out tonight as the Sky studio occupied 200 seats. They had the pie and chip lounges open tonight in the tram shelter at ridiculous amount per head so no empty swaths of seats like most weeks.
And what was the official capacity before spending £15m ?

SuperAllyMcleod
28-12-2017, 12:00 AM

I think they are worried that we will cut the string holding up the nets - you know, the bits of string attached to the poles in the crowd!

Tinpot club, tinpot stadium.

Hermit Crab
28-12-2017, 01:56 AM
Never mentioned sell out never mention crowd 😂😂😂

Aye he did, he announced it!

theonlywayisup
28-12-2017, 08:01 AM
19,316 - sorry don't believe that.

Sounded like a library for most of the game. On telly, you could hear the Hibs fans pretty well, but virtually nothing from the home support.

They only found their voice halfway through the second half when the had their five minutes of pressure - a few "this is our story.....", the odd "hell hole, hell hole......"

But they were quiet for most of it. Not surprising - watching that team every week would hurt your eyes.

Austinho
28-12-2017, 11:02 AM
I hope they enjoyed their time at Murrayfield, as they will NEVER have a home crowd over 20,000 again.

Viva_Palmeiras
28-12-2017, 11:04 AM
Won't get a mention over there. Somehow I don't think the Sky studio took up 700 seats so it obviously less than the 20k+ they claim. Anyone able to give a decent estimate as to how many seats were taken up by the studio?

Considering it needs to fit the biggest rrrrrrs in Andy Walker mibbie its a more sizeable structure than folks think.

28-12-2017, 11:14 AM
It's an uncomfortable truth for them but the reality is that even with their new "super stand", tynecastle is still only the second biggest football stadium in Edinburgh. And believe me it's a fact that very much sticks in their craw! Rather inconvenient to their whole "Big team, wee team" fantasy and their unhealthy obsession with getting one over on us in everything they do.

When the plans for the new stand were announced it was all about how they would get one up on hibs and finally have the bigger stadium - that has not materialised and it's a sickner. Tynecastle is a dull dingy colour, tacky and cheap looking, nothing attractive about it whatsoever. It will always be inferior to ER. But hey! Least they have the "biggest glass wall in Edinburgh" eh :rolleyes::faf:

Carheenlea
28-12-2017, 11:19 AM
£15M + is a small price to pay to leapfrog Kilmarnock (18,128) to now have the 6th largest stadium in Scotland.

Dashing Bob S
28-12-2017, 11:22 AM
£15M + is a small price to pay to leapfrog Kilmarnock (18,128) to now have the 6th largest stadium in Scotland.

Money well spent. Kilmarnock fans must be pig sick.

Famous Fiver
28-12-2017, 11:27 AM
Major refurbishment needed in the Roseburn end but I am sure this will be ignored for DECADES to come.

Must be a H & S issue. Not familiar with all requirements for a safety licence to be issued but there were enough issues last night for the whole matter to be reviewed.

What Insurance company in their right mind would cover that shambles last night?

Geo_1875
28-12-2017, 11:34 AM
Money well spent. Kilmarnock fans must be pig sick.

Don't know about Killie fans but as we entered the holding pen just outside the Roseburn last night I couldn't help noticing the magnificent windows in the new stand. You can actually see through them. AND they've got seats in the hospitality area as well. I don't know if they're a matching set but just imagine actual seats in a hospitality area.

hibbyfraelibby
28-12-2017, 12:31 PM

Murrayfield
Parkhead
Hampden
Ibrox
Pittodrie
Easter Rd
Rugby Park
Tincastle

I make that 7th and 3rd largest in Edinburgh ahead of Myreside😉

Carheenlea
28-12-2017, 12:46 PM
Murrayfield
Parkhead
Hampden
Ibrox
Pittodrie
Easter Rd
Rugby Park
Tincastle

I make that 7th and 3rd largest in Edinburgh ahead of Myreside��

I was being charitable to them being the season of goodwill and all that by not including the home of Scottish rugby. You must have a heart of stone not to give them the honour of a top six berth.

Hermit Crab
28-12-2017, 12:47 PM
If hearts install safe standing in all their "lower" sections then that would bump the capacity up.

CentreLine
28-12-2017, 12:53 PM
If hearts install safe standing in all their "lower" sections then that would bump the capacity up.

Not really, certainly not significantly. The safe standing rails include seats and hahahahahahearts already have the minimum seat size acceptable.

Hermit Crab
28-12-2017, 12:58 PM
Not really, certainly not significantly. The safe standing rails include seats and hahahahahahearts already have the minimum seat size acceptable.

Yes but I'm sure safe standing allows 2 standing to one sitting when in use.

28-12-2017, 01:23 PM
Yes but I'm sure safe standing allows 2 standing to one sitting when in use.Not at Celtic it doesn't. One person, standing in front of one seat.Hearts have just spent £15m on a mismanaged stand that they can't afford so no danger they will be spending more money installing standing sections.

Crazyhorse
28-12-2017, 03:51 PM

This would have caused the plum to have some kind of episode I expect. He has been popping up trying to convince anyone who will listen that Tiny is now bigger than ER.

BUT He also has his chief article of faith which he ritually chants at all games about it being a 'sell out'.

Imagine his anguish at announcing a sell out capacity crowd at Tiny which is over 1000 seats smaller than ER.

If we were to be generous to the yams in this season of goodwill we could say Tiny might hold a few hundred more people if they were able to actually sell all the limited view seats. However given the old official capacity of 17,420 they appear to have blown £15m on 2k extra seats, a school view lounge and some deep fat fryers.

This is a brilliant strategy which will take 20-25 years to pay for itself (assuming capacity crowds flocking to the nihilistic hoofball every single week). After that they will apparently really be able to start to spent big... on the other three corrugated iron bus shelters which will have fallen to pieces in the meantime.

SanFranHibs
28-12-2017, 03:54 PM
I think you mean the hole end.

:greengrin

Sorry, but that does not narrow it down. I am still not sure which end they got.

hibbyfraelibby
28-12-2017, 03:57 PM
I was being charitable to them being the season of goodwill and all that by not including the home of Scottish rugby. You must have a heart of stone not to give them the honour of a top six berth.

"They" turned Murrayfield into a football stadium. As for a top six berth nae chance...play off standard bunch of cloggers.

Jack Hackett
28-12-2017, 04:05 PM
"They" turned Murrayfield into a football stadium. As for a top six berth nae chance...play off standard bunch of cloggers.

He's referring to top 6 big football grounds

erin go bragh
28-12-2017, 04:14 PM
It’s on their wicki page saying the PBS holds 20099 but as 400 in their new stand can’t see the pitch , the only way they will get above 20k is for a firework display 😂😂
Imagine spending 15m on a new stand , that makes over a thousand seats restricted view .
“Here we go , 10 in a row.”

Famous Fiver
28-12-2017, 04:21 PM
Even if 20,099 is true it does not match our 20,193 against Celtic recently.

No wonder their stadium announcer, who was so bullish and bombastic before the monstrosity was started (still nowhere near finished), is much more coy in his language now, and their various publicity stooges ( AllisBarry et al) were happy to swallow the big stadium myth hook line and sinker.

Twangers, the lot of them

hibbyfraelibby
28-12-2017, 05:49 PM
He's referring to top 6 big football grounds

I know he is and I still think they are play off candidates and would lose to Scotstoun, Myreside and Melrose where proper cloggers chase eggs

hibbyfraelibby
28-12-2017, 05:51 PM
It’s on their wicki page saying the PBS holds 20099 but as 400 in their new stand can’t see the pitch , the only way they will get above 20k is for a firework display 😂😂
Imagine spending 15m on a new stand , that makes over a thousand seats restricted view .
“Here we go , 10 in a row.”

Anyone who knows how can edit a wiki page. Their capacity is actually 19514, which they wont admit.

Dashing Bob S
28-12-2017, 05:53 PM
Sick sack thread on this pretty hilarious. They really want to have a 20K plus capacity so badly it's hurting them brutally. But sadly 19k will never be 20K, and there isn't a whole heap that can be done about it.

Billy Whizz
28-12-2017, 05:54 PM
Sick sack thread on this pretty hilarious. They really want to have a 20K plus capacity so badly it's hurting them brutally. But sadly 19k will never be 20K, and there isn't a whole heap that can be done about it.

They are talking about introducing a standing area, so their are ways and means to increase capacity

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/15302293.Hearts_confirm_interest_in_Tynecastle__sa fe_standing__area/

lapsedhibee
28-12-2017, 05:59 PM
They are talking about introducing a standing area, so their are ways and means to increase capacity

Would be cheaper to introduce a new system of counting things, like they did in the RRomanov years.

WhileTheChief..
28-12-2017, 06:18 PM
If they somehow do increase capacity I fully expect us to pick a corner and fill it in simply to keep on annoying them. Would be well worth the money :greengrin

Ozyhibby
28-12-2017, 06:48 PM

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/15302293.Hearts_confirm_interest_in_Tynecastle__sa fe_standing__area/

Safe standing doesn’t increase capacity.

Billy Whizz
28-12-2017, 06:50 PM
Safe standing doesn’t increase capacity.

Thanks
Well that avenue is closed for them

Joe6-2
28-12-2017, 06:53 PM

😂😂😂