PDA

View Full Version : Tynecastle and Hearts fans

iwasthere1972
27-12-2017, 10:28 PM
Failed to once again generate any atmosphere. Been the same for at least the last ten years of me going there for derbies. A couple of songs here and there quickly drowned out by us. That was about it.

Atmosphere? A bigger myth than Santa and the Loch Ness Monster.

Dashing Bob S
27-12-2017, 10:29 PM
A slum full of silent sex offenders is about the most charitable description I can come up with.,

overdrive
27-12-2017, 10:32 PM
You could only hear the Hibs fans on TV (as usual).

gaz1875
27-12-2017, 10:34 PM
Failed to once again generate any atmosphere. Been the same for at least the last ten years of me going there for derbies. A couple of songs here and there quickly drowned out by us. That was about it.

Atmosphere? A bigger myth than Santa and the Loch Ness Monster.

Can we leave out Santa please and stick to the myths :wink:

iwasthere1972
27-12-2017, 10:34 PM
They did sing a couple of times about a hole. :greengrin

Bostonhibby
27-12-2017, 10:38 PM
Definitely managed a couple of lines of the Billy boys on 3 separate occasions that I could hear on Hibs Radio coverage, I don't think they know all the words. Absolutely joyless lot which I guess is down to what they have to watch every week and the shabby surroundings they sit in.

Well done to the Hibs support for showing them how to have a good time and support our club.

NAE NOOKIE
27-12-2017, 10:39 PM
They were pathetic on the telly ..... a cauldron? :lolyam:

Pete
27-12-2017, 10:40 PM
The ones in the home end dressed up as seats were unusually quiet.

Flanny boy
27-12-2017, 10:42 PM
They were pathetic on the telly ..... a cauldron? :lolyam:

A hertz cauldron=a library lol

Albanian Hibs
27-12-2017, 10:42 PM
***** team ***** support

SirDavidsNapper
27-12-2017, 10:43 PM
Tynecastle is about as intimidating as my 6 year old daughters unicorn themed bedroom.

JJP
27-12-2017, 10:46 PM
***** team ***** support

...**** pitch...**** stadium...

darwenhibby
And what was the sell out crowd tonight??

TelaStella
F them and their new shed. 5 turnstiles open for 3.2K hibs supporters? Absolutely shocking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bostonhibby
27-12-2017, 10:50 PM
Tynecastle is about as intimidating as my 6 year old daughters unicorn themed bedroom.

I'm bloody scared of unicorns!

Garishly coloured mythical beasts the size of horses with a sharp pointy bit sticking oot their heid. Fast runners as well, I just got away from one on the way home from the pub the other night:wink:

SquashedFrogg
27-12-2017, 10:53 PM
Chatting to my boy about their new chip stall stand facing a school playground... he asked "didn't the builders know they were paedophiles"

GreenCastle
27-12-2017, 10:54 PM
THE TINY LIBRARY

Another myth...

Feel like thier Home support is actually worse than ever. Last few derbies both Home and Away they have been so quiet.

Hibs fans bring the noise once again. We have a variety of songs. They have 2 that rarely even get going.

Also what’s up with the seat numbering ? It went 7,10,11,14 in our row.

The main stand emergency exit also exits right into the exit of the away fans..terrible planning.

Also hearts fans stealing the Hibs ball during half time at the warm up - showing class again.

SirDavidsNapper
27-12-2017, 10:56 PM
I'm bloody scared of unicorns!

Garishly coloured mythical beasts the size of horses with a sharp pointy bit sticking oot their heid. Fast runners as well, I just got away from one on the way home from the pub the other night:wink:

😂

SkintHibby
27-12-2017, 11:02 PM
The silence of the Jams.

WeveGotMcginn
27-12-2017, 11:15 PM

Brand new stand, sell out crowd attendance 19,316🤣

calumhibee1
27-12-2017, 11:17 PM
‘Tynecastle Park’ is an utter ****hole, it really is that simple. Fans getting held outside and let in in dribs and drabs cause they’ve next to no turnstiles, standing in the pitch dark waiting to get through the turnstiles cause there’s absolutely no lighting in the area, tv box in the stand, seat numbers missing/out of order all over the shop. It’s nothing but a larger Fir Park.

yonder1875
27-12-2017, 11:18 PM
There's not much else really to say other than the fact that they are very weird.

MagicSwirlingShip
27-12-2017, 11:21 PM
The loudest they got was when gloating about their ground not being a Tesco 😂😂 crap support!

Anti-hoofbaw
27-12-2017, 11:26 PM
Hearts fans just stand there with grumpy faces nowadays. Another pathetic example of vocal support from the yams at a home derby . Hibs fans were phenomenal as usual.

green day
27-12-2017, 11:29 PM
The loudest they got was when gloating about their ground not being a Tesco 😂😂 crap support!

Didn't hear that at the match. Apart from 2 or 3 pathetic renditions of the Billy Boys their fans were rotten.

It's a library, populated by cardigan wearing dicks.

Nakedmanoncrack
27-12-2017, 11:31 PM
Thought the atmosphere was surprisingly flat,considering evening KO when a lot of people been in pub all day.

givescotlandfreedom
27-12-2017, 11:33 PM
I was down by the merricks in the new stand. They're extremely angry people, loads of 'red hand' salutes and gunnery going on. Weirdos

hibbyfraelibby
27-12-2017, 11:35 PM

So 200 short of actual capacity.

iwasthere1972
27-12-2017, 11:37 PM

I wouldn't even believe that. Seat numbers in my row went 4,5,6,7,5.

fat freddy
27-12-2017, 11:39 PM
There was one mutant who stood with a weird Ulster flag with some nonsense written on it concerning loyalty and hearts. As all his pals left at the end he stood waving it at the Hibs fans next to the TV garden shed.
It was surreal, he was about 18 and looked as nervous as a kitten as he was taking loads of abuse from Hibbies laughing at him but he just stood there on his own with urine running down his leg moving the flag from side to side with a sad, scared look on his face.
I think his carer may have told him to do it or he wouldn't get any chips

CMurdoch
27-12-2017, 11:39 PM
Chatting to my boy about their new chip stall stand facing a school playground... he asked "didn't the builders know they were paedophiles"

:taxi

Nakedmanoncrack
27-12-2017, 11:42 PM

Seat numbers in at least some of the rows at side next to main stand started at 2, but there were people with tickets for seats 1, they were told to stand at the end on the steps.

iwasthere1972
27-12-2017, 11:46 PM
Seat numbers in at least some of the rows at side next to main stand started at 2, but there were people with tickets for seats 1, they were told to stand at the end on the steps.

That's shocking. Amateurs on and off the field.

SuperAllyMcleod
28-12-2017, 12:16 AM
THE TINY LIBRARY

Another myth...

Feel like thier Home support is actually worse than ever. Last few derbies both Home and Away they have been so quiet.

Hibs fans bring the noise once again. We have a variety of songs. They have 2 that rarely even get going.

Also what’s up with the seat numbering ? It went 7,10,11,14 in our row.

The main stand emergency exit also exits right into the exit of the away fans..terrible planning.

Also hearts fans stealing the Hibs ball during half time at the warm up - showing class again.

The seat numbering is an absolute joke. The section letters ( at the top of the stand) read from left to right but the numbers on the seats run from right to left - wtf? No wonder people end up in the wrong section.

The other thing is that they have row numbers and seat numbers - every other place in the country has row letters and seat numbers.

GreenCastle
28-12-2017, 08:49 AM
The seat numbering is an absolute joke. The section letters ( at the top of the stand) read from left to right but the numbers on the seats run from right to left - wtf? No wonder people end up in the wrong section.

The other thing is that they have row numbers and seat numbers - every other place in the country has row letters and seat numbers.

Yams and logic don’t go together.

The stadium is a dump and the funniest part is they are stuck with that pitch and capacity with no money or scope to increase in years to come.

Easter Road is a far superior stadium and I’m glad it’s our home.

mjhibby
28-12-2017, 09:55 AM
Biggest myth is that Potter will sort the team in the window and get creative midfielders in. He was dof who oversaw loads of transfer windows and never bought these mythical players. Any hertz fan expecting free flowing football will be sorely disappointed. Unfortunately for them they don't have a crap hibs team to deal with now.

John_R_Corbett
28-12-2017, 09:57 AM
A slum full of silent sex offenders is about the most charitable description I can come up with.,Haven't seen a better one yet.

Pretty Boy
28-12-2017, 09:59 AM
'Twenty two, twenty twooooo' for about 2 minutes and a couple of piss poor attempts at the Hearts song was the sum total of their efforts.

I've said it before but Hibs fans used a period of adversity to galvanise the support. The section lads led the way and others joined in and embraced it. Hearts fans sneered about it and look at what they have ended up with. A silent stadium at home and a group of 15 bams singing the Billy Boys and about hating Catholics away. Crap stadium, crap fans, crap team, crap club.

Hillsidehibby
28-12-2017, 10:14 AM
'Twenty two, twenty twooooo' for about 2 minutes and a couple of piss poor attempts at the Hearts song was the sum total of their efforts.

I've said it before but Hibs fans used a period of adversity to galvanise the support. The section lads led the way and others joined in and embraced it. Hearts fans sneered about it and look at what they have ended up with. A silent stadium at home and a group of 15 bams singing the Billy Boys and about hating Catholics away. Crap stadium, crap fans, crap team, crap club.

Might only take a couple of seasons for us to be singing twenty two

Lancs Harp
28-12-2017, 10:20 AM
Could barely make out anything Hearts fans were singing on the box. Do they actually speak english in Gorgie or do they just permanently communicate in an indistinguishable mumble?

Holmesdale Hibs
28-12-2017, 10:22 AM
...**** pitch...**** stadium...

... **** manager... **** football

SirDavidsNapper
28-12-2017, 10:35 AM
They've been forced into singing that terrible "we're going to Europe" song since Hibs ripped up their songbook. Always makes me laugh. Way adrift in 5th but they're singing about Europe 🙈. They really dont have anything left.

capitals_finest
28-12-2017, 10:45 AM
Despite them having a crap song sheet I was expecting the atmosphere in their end to be 'electric' for once with this new stand but it looked even worse than normal on the TV.

Also, what was with the blue jacket that Potter had on? He is an absolute welt of man.

Aim Here
28-12-2017, 10:48 AM

It's a conscious design decision. The seat numbers use the Dewey Decimal System, in keeping with Tynecastle's library theme...

28-12-2017, 10:53 AM
Wasn't at the game last night as couldn't get a ticket but certainly couldn't hear them on the TV. I was at the tynecastle cup tie last season and it's the quietest i've ever seen them, 21.05.16 truly has ripped so much away from them. A few tried to hide behind the 5-1 comfort blanket signs but it quickly became apparent to them that no hibs fan could give a **** anymore.

GreenCastle
28-12-2017, 10:58 AM

You forgot to mention crap small pitch which feels like I’m watching a game of 5 aside Football at Sighthill Powerleague. Anti football in so many ways.

Kato
28-12-2017, 11:01 AM
An aging fan-base with a huge dollop of unreconstructed, bigoted tcheucters. Not my description but that of a jambo acquaintance.

Sad lot.

madsen5
28-12-2017, 11:01 AM
19316 :flag::flag::flag:

DickieDastardly
28-12-2017, 11:02 AM

My 16yr olds ticket wouldn’t scan at the turnstile, he was told to struggle his way back through the que’s to the main gate so he could be let in (where upon I was told I should have gone with him), we got to our seats and someone else had the same seat/ticket but for an adult.
Total farce.

Geo_1875
28-12-2017, 11:48 AM
Their famous atmosphere consists entirely of 2 rows of angry young men and women hurling sectarian and racist abuse at opposition players.

kevo1875
28-12-2017, 03:12 PM
I wonder who has the job of painting the mud green in an attempt to make it look like grass ...disgrace of a stadium

Keith_M
28-12-2017, 03:16 PM
That can't be right, the papers said the whole stadium was electric for 90 minutes.

iwasthere1972
28-12-2017, 03:20 PM
That can't be right, the papers said the whole stadium was electric for 90 minutes.

I think you mean the hole of a stadium. Electric? Be nice if there was some right by the DIY turnstiles. Built by Frank Spencer.

Lago
28-12-2017, 03:25 PM

Well the lights stayed on for the whole game:greengrin

28-12-2017, 03:31 PM
I wonder who has the job of painting the mud green in an attempt to make it look like grass ...disgrace of a stadium

The pitch is embarrassing. I've seen better surfaces in public parks. Everything about that dump is just dirty and classless.

FastEddieFelson
28-12-2017, 03:38 PM

aye that bothers me. the whole place reminds me of whenever shelbyville is mentioned in the simpsons - how everything is backwards and the locals are dead ugly.

SanFranHibs
28-12-2017, 03:48 PM
‘Tynecastle Park’ is an utter ****hole, it really is that simple. Fans getting held outside and let in in dribs and drabs cause they’ve next to no turnstiles, standing in the pitch dark waiting to get through the turnstiles cause there’s absolutely no lighting in the area, tv box in the stand, seat numbers missing/out of order all over the shop. It’s nothing but a larger Fir Park.

I find that hard to believe !!

Not questioning the veracity of your claim, just that they let you audit their accounts.

hibbyfraelibby
28-12-2017, 04:00 PM
Might only take a couple of seasons for us to be singing twenty two

Not if "they" are in the Championship

Onion
28-12-2017, 04:28 PM
Despite them having a crap song sheet I was expecting the atmosphere in their end to be 'electric' for once with this new stand but it looked even worse than normal on the TV.

Also, what was with the blue jacket that Potter had on? He is an absolute welt of man.

First 10 of the game killed that. Realisation that the Celtic was a freak result and that Hibs were still better side hit them like a smack in the face.

Reality of "level playing field" still not computed in their tiny heads yet, expecting their players to rock up and for us to wilt. Outcome .... much more pain to come for the Yams in Derby.

Mantis Toboggan
29-12-2017, 12:36 AM

Noticed that last year up the back of the stand. Utterly amateur.

kaimendhibs
29-12-2017, 02:19 AM
‘Tynecastle Park’ is an utter ****hole, it really is that simple. Fans getting held outside and let in in dribs and drabs cause they’ve next to no turnstiles, standing in the pitch dark waiting to get through the turnstiles cause there’s absolutely no lighting in the area, tv box in the stand, seat numbers missing/out of order all over the shop. It’s nothing but a larger Fir Park.I was meant to be in 6[emoji23][emoji23][emoji102][emoji102]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171229/fef5137ad7544d514b29dab03576444a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

kaimendhibs
29-12-2017, 02:21 AM
There was one mutant who stood with a weird Ulster flag with some nonsense written on it concerning loyalty and hearts. As all his pals left at the end he stood waving it at the Hibs fans next to the TV garden shed.
It was surreal, he was about 18 and looked as nervous as a kitten as he was taking loads of abuse from Hibbies laughing at him but he just stood there on his own with urine running down his leg moving the flag from side to side with a sad, scared look on his face.
I think his carer may have told him to do it or he wouldn't get any chipsWas it the gorgie dancer?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Dashing Bob S
29-12-2017, 07:52 AM

‘Fir Park East’ is a decent name for it.

yonder1875
29-12-2017, 08:39 AM

Last paragraph sums it up perfectly. They're a club in decline on and off the park and I honestly don't know how going to Hearts games would seem exciting for the next wave of young fans. Choose Hibs.

lapsedhibee
29-12-2017, 02:15 PM
The seat numbering is an absolute joke. The section letters ( at the top of the stand) read from left to right but the numbers on the seats run from right to left - wtf?

They had to do it that way because they started throwing them in at the right hand end and they had absolutely no idea at that time how many seats would fit in a row. (Queen Bodge: "As many as possible".)

SirDavidsNapper
29-12-2017, 03:35 PM
***** team, ***** stadium, ***** pitch, ***** fans, ***** part of Edinburgh, just *****.

Onion
29-12-2017, 04:14 PM
We've always known Hearts fans to be a desperate, sad lot, but their reversion to 1970's bigotry and death threats on social media is a low even for these lowlifes.

High time, their Board and Chief Exec publicly distanced themselves from these idiots and promoted a more moderate approach to our city rivalry. I won't be holding my breath, though.

Mikey09
29-12-2017, 04:16 PM
The atmosphere at Tynie is ***** because there support is made up largely of old men in flat caps. They're like a *****y extra who didn't get a part in Peaky Blinders. Weirdos.