PDA

View Full Version : Marvin Bartley

Elephant Stone
27-12-2017, 10:27 PM
He runs this city.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CjFKjcQWYAACjcT.jpg:large

Dashing Bob S
27-12-2017, 10:28 PM
Made for this fixture. Actually hard to see us lose this with him on the pitch.

overdrive
27-12-2017, 10:30 PM
Bartley, Stevenson and Boyle should be the first names on the teamsheet.

majorhibs
27-12-2017, 10:31 PM
Made for this fixture. Actually hard to see us lose this with him on the pitch.

Marv runs these parts! Wee tight tattie field & potters thugs- Marvs the man!

Pete
27-12-2017, 10:34 PM
Bartley is partly responsible for their previous bottlings against us.

Roxyhibee
27-12-2017, 10:35 PM
Said he must start tonight - loves these games.

First name on team sheet for Swiney cup tie..

RoYO!
27-12-2017, 10:39 PM
He runs this city.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CjFKjcQWYAACjcT.jpg:large

Fantastic pic. Couple of last ditch challenges at the end. Including one at the death where he manages to win the bye kick!

highland hibbee
27-12-2017, 10:42 PM
Bartley is partly responsible for their previous bottlings against us.

Will go go down in history as one of the most under rated but important players ever to pull on the green jersey.
Knows his limitations, and because of that he is one hell of an important player for us

supermcginn
27-12-2017, 10:43 PM
Absolute legend

alihibs1
27-12-2017, 10:44 PM
That tackle at the end Sums him up. Love big Marv.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

OxoHibby
27-12-2017, 10:45 PM
Bartley, Stevenson and Boyle should be the first names on the teamsheet.

Agree with this. When Stevenson needed treatment I was thinking when did that last happen

Bostonhibby
27-12-2017, 10:46 PM
Cometh the hour, cometh the man. Great performance. Potters thugs can't play him.

NAE NOOKIE
27-12-2017, 10:47 PM
He just owns this fixture .... they must hate the *****g sight of him :greengrin

TRC
27-12-2017, 10:48 PM
Agree with this. When Stevenson needed treatment I was thinking when did that last happen

Cup final is the last one I remember took a sore one in the head

SirDavidsNapper
27-12-2017, 11:03 PM
They must soil themselves when they see his name on the teamsheet. He owns the derby.

The Captain....
27-12-2017, 11:44 PM
He loves us and we love him..gets thru a shift and a half in derbies..was my motm tonight and vital in a physical battle on a tattle field of a pitch that’s very difficult to play football on. (Not that the poppie thieves even try).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Heisenberg
27-12-2017, 11:50 PM
Where’s the boy that said Bartley isn’t Hibs class?!

Northernhibee
27-12-2017, 11:54 PM
According to Sickbag, he got "smashed" today by one of their cloggers.

capitals_finest
28-12-2017, 12:04 AM
Love the man.

Bosses them every time.

SuperAllyMcleod
28-12-2017, 12:08 AM
Love big Marv but he looked shattered in the last 15 mins - still came up with the last minute challenge though.

He will be even more formidable in the cup tie [emoji4]

Booked4Being-Ugly
28-12-2017, 12:08 AM
According to Sickbag, he got "smashed" today by one of their cloggers.
I must have missed that as I only seen him strolling around midfield!

Northernhibee
28-12-2017, 12:10 AM
I must have missed that as I only seen him strolling around midfield!

They're absolutely delighted with a 0-0 when they didn't even get a shot on goal. They also reckon that they should have had a penalty at the end for **** knows what.

How the "mighty" have fallen. A team and support with no ambition at all.

lyonhibs
28-12-2017, 12:11 AM
Not Hibs class or something. Blah blah blah.

Quality as usual tonight. I struggle to see why he shouldn't be starting every game, home and away, when fit.

Gmack7
28-12-2017, 12:12 AM
Awesome

Bishop Hibee
28-12-2017, 12:14 AM
Immense. Loves the derby and bosses the midfield.

poolman
28-12-2017, 12:15 AM
The " Matty Jack " of this team

capitals_finest
28-12-2017, 12:18 AM
The " Matty Jack " of this team

Aye the Matty Jack with a Scottish Cup Winners medal, just what we were crying out for for years :flag:

hibees 7062
28-12-2017, 12:28 AM
Need to get him signed up

DickieDastardly
28-12-2017, 12:29 AM
Bartley I think is underrated by many, he reads the game very well which allows him to be in the right defensive midfield positions time and again. Perhaps not the best with the ball at his feet but is key in matches where you need strength and desire.
It is also worth noting he never flies rashly into challenges, does most of his graft without getting on the referees radar.

John_R_Corbett
28-12-2017, 12:30 AM
He runs this city.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CjFKjcQWYAACjcT.jpg:largenothing else needs to be said

lucky
28-12-2017, 12:51 AM
Where’s the boy that said Bartley isn’t Hibs class?!

Still here and still think he’s a limited player but did his job tonight

supermcginn
28-12-2017, 12:55 AM

You'd get on well with my girlfriend, she's knows nothing about football either 😀

lucky
28-12-2017, 12:59 AM
You'd get on well with my girlfriend, she's knows nothing about football either 😀

Funny guy but I’ll resist a cheap dig about the difference between your girlfriend and some random guy you’ve never met

SaulGoodman
28-12-2017, 12:59 AM

Limited in what sense? He's a defensive mid. Limited in the sense that his passing isn't as good as mcgeouch? Limited in the sense that he doesn't chip in with a goal?

If that's the way we're doing it I'm going to say Stokes is limited because he's not breaking up the play and stopping other teams attacks.

supermcginn
28-12-2017, 01:04 AM
Limited in what sense? He's a defensive mid. Limited in the sense that his passing isn't as good as mcgeouch? Limited in the sense that he doesn't chip in with a goal?

If that's the way we're doing it I'm going to say Stokes is limited because he's not breaking up the play and stopping other teams attacks.
I wish all our players were limited if they were outstanding in 7 or 8 unbeaten Derby's! He doesn't have a clue.

hibsbollah
28-12-2017, 01:07 AM

:agree: In the sense that Claude Makalele was 'limited'. ie: he had one job to do and he did it.

MWHIBBIES
28-12-2017, 01:09 AM

Damn right he is a limited player, he wouldnt be at Hibs if he wasnt. Very good at the job he does, must play in derbies

CallumLaidlaw
28-12-2017, 01:09 AM

Which is what he’s meant to do whenever he plays. David De Gea is pretty limited when it comes to attacking. But he’s bloody good at “his job”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greencore
28-12-2017, 01:16 AM
one of my favourite hibs players of all time. love big Marc 💚

Stantons Angel
28-12-2017, 01:17 AM
Played a great game for us tonight.

In one or two situations they were trying to push and pull him off the ball and he just kept going and left them on their backsides.

A colossal player for us in these type of games one who never shirks a tackle and uses his strength to nullify any opposition thre!

Well played Marvin!

lucky
28-12-2017, 01:21 AM
Some great comments tonight on here, Big Marv does his job but he’s not a great footballer. He tackles and stops the other team and occasionally passes a ball forward. I see his attributes but I’d rather win 5-4 than 1-0. This does not mean I can’t see what he brings to the team in derby matches but clearly I’m not the only one who sees his limitations as he’s only played lower league football in England and was not selected to play on the 21.05.16.

Thegreenside
28-12-2017, 02:13 AM
Some great comments tonight on here, Big Marv does his job but he’s not a great footballer. He tackles and stops the other team and occasionally passes a ball forward. I see his attributes but I’d rather win 5-4 than 1-0. This does not mean I can’t see what he brings to the team in derby matches but clearly I’m not the only one who sees his limitations as he’s only played lower league football in England and was not selected to play on the 21.05.16.

Proven mcginn and McGeough can barely play to full potential without him in the midfield

Allant1981
28-12-2017, 07:04 AM

still talking pish i see, glad you dont pick the team if you are happy conceding 4 goals every week

matty_f
28-12-2017, 07:29 AM
:agree: In the sense that Claude Makalele was 'limited'. ie: he had one job to do and he did it.

Buffon was pretty limited as well, never once saw him take a good corner.

SquashedFrogg
28-12-2017, 07:45 AM

Full of contradictions with yet another sly dig. Poor.

John_R_Corbett
28-12-2017, 07:51 AM
Still here and still think he’s a limited player but did his job tonightThrow it away man before you can't get out

https://agilepainrelief.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/holes-first-law-digging-pickaxe.jpg

You'd get on well with my girlfriend, she's knows nothing about football either 😀:thumbsup:

bingo70
28-12-2017, 07:53 AM
How long does Bartley have left on his contract?

Love the guy.

Mr White
28-12-2017, 07:54 AM
How long does Bartley have left on his contract?

Love the guy.

Ages if we're Lucky...

mjhibby
28-12-2017, 08:05 AM
Marvin is a totally essential to the squad. He may not play in all the games and be sub when we need more attacking options but is rarely found wanting in the big games. Every team needs a matty jack type player and if we had a midfield of all flair players we would probably see a lot more goals but would also lose a lot more too.

Wee Effen Bee
28-12-2017, 08:08 AM
One of the most dependable players we have. Not a McGinn or a McGeouch but a different type of player. You can’t equate defensive mids with attacking playmakers - as a few posters have already pointed out! Marv possesses a lot of skill - which always surfaces in the big games - matched by his drive and determination. TBH, I’ve not seen too many threads or even posts slagging Bartley off so I can’t agree with the one poster who believes the Bartman is ‘limited’.

The Falcon
28-12-2017, 08:19 AM
Thought his booking was harsh to say the least. He ran past the guy (Walker?) who was leaning into him and collapsed in a heap when Marv passed him. Marv booked.

Marv did exactly the same to the same player late on and player collapsed again and all the Yams were mumping. Nothing wrong with either of the challenges.

Marv is vital in these games when the team is the sum of all it's parts.

-Jonesy-
28-12-2017, 08:21 AM
Bartley I think is underrated by many, he reads the game very well which allows him to be in the right defensive midfield positions time and again. Perhaps not the best with the ball at his feet but is key in matches where you need strength and desire.
It is also worth noting he never flies rashly into challenges, does most of his graft without getting on the referees radar.

Aye, until walker leans into him and falls over and gets him booked for a first foul

Libby Hibby
28-12-2017, 08:22 AM
Immense last night and went toe to toe with everything Hearts threw at us. They are definitely more organised and the players do seem to be playing for the club now but as per usual, a midfield containing Bartley will not be overrun or bullied, no matter how hard they try.

Bartley totally gets Hibs and is a very important member of our squad. He won’t play every game but horses for courses for Big Marv.

hibsbollah
28-12-2017, 08:29 AM
We've discussed this a million times but he's the most unfairly treated player by Refs that I've ever seen. His experience of Scottish football must be 'Kicked up and down the park for 89mins again. Got a yellow card for something innocuous again. Never got credit for another MOTM performance again'.

Bostonhibby
28-12-2017, 09:30 AM
:agree: In the sense that Claude Makalele was 'limited'. ie: he had one job to do and he did it.I hate that David De Gea, hasn't provided a decent cross from the wing all season.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Borderhibbie76
28-12-2017, 09:34 AM
Agree with this. When Stevenson needed treatment I was thinking when did that last happenI was also 100% confident he'd be up and raring to go afterwards. Boys like Marv and Lewy are machines for us...and that's why that lot don't bully us anymore

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

sadtom
28-12-2017, 10:07 AM
What is it with these limited 'Marvins'?
Marvin Gaye. Crackin' chanter...gawd awful pastry chef.
Marvin Hagler. Handy in the Ring...hopeless in surgical theatre. (he really should wear different gloves)

Never mind 'Bartman'. All hail Marv the 'Bossman'.
Love the big fella, a vital cog in the Hibs machine.
Matty Jack was just the prototype Marvin Bartley.

Thecat23
28-12-2017, 10:14 AM

Every player is different, he’s miles better than say Dylan at breaking up play and stopping teams attacking. That’s his job and he does it well. Dylan is more attacking silky player and he does his job well. But because he can’t really tackle does that mean he’s a limited footballer?

Surely you can see each player is different and what they bring is equally important to certain games we play.

BoomtownHibees
28-12-2017, 10:19 AM
Should definitely now be called the “Marvin Bartley role”

theonlywayisup
28-12-2017, 11:18 AM

:aok:

Firestarter
28-12-2017, 11:19 AM
Unconfirmed rumours Matty Jack has a Marvin Bartley poster on his wall.

theonlywayisup
28-12-2017, 11:20 AM
Marvin Bartley was fantastic last night - what a player, we are lucky to have him.

I feel the midfield of McGinn, McGeouch and Bartley compliment each other. Each have their role and Bartley does his very well.

matty_f
28-12-2017, 11:22 AM
Marvin is genuinely one of my all time favourite Hibs players. We'll long for a player like him when the time comes for him to go, he's fantastic at what he does, has bought in to the club big style, and is never found wanting in a game. He's made for derbies, I reckon he's been a contender for man of the match in every derby he's played in.

Firestarter
28-12-2017, 11:25 AM
Marvin is genuinely one of my all time favourite Hibs players. We'll long for a player like him when the time comes for him to go, he's fantastic at what he does, has bought in to the club big style, and is never found wanting in a game. He's made for derbies, I reckon he's been a contender for man of the match in every derby he's played in.

Their support ***** it from him. Enough said.

HUTCHYHIBBY
28-12-2017, 01:00 PM
Someone put quite a hard challenge in on him last night and he just stood there with a big grin on his face, another fine performance in a Derby from the big man.

blackpoolhibs
28-12-2017, 01:09 PM
Against the poppy thieves and both bigots, he's the first name on the team sheet.

Against the rest, if we set up right he can still be just as effective at breaking things up and giving the ball to the more creative players to create.

I love the man.

kevo1875
28-12-2017, 01:19 PM
The guy is different class in these games ... always seems to get a cross and break up any potential threat from them .. I'm sure the hearts midfield look for him when they are on the ball ...Ooo Marvin is gonna get u 😁..GGTTH