PDA

View Full Version : Well done kris commons

vuefrom1875
27-12-2017, 10:14 PM
For calling out the linesman standing in the tunnel at half time saying "wasn't over the line" to every hibs player passing him.Would have been better for him to say didn't see it..... Complete tosser.

Scorrie
27-12-2017, 10:16 PM
For calling out the linesman standing in the tunnel at half time saying "wasn't over the line" to every hibs player passing him.Would have been better for him to say didn't see it..... Complete tosser.

Sounds like the linesman was panicking over making a complete baws up

Callum_62
27-12-2017, 10:16 PM
He mustve seen it then - seen something that wasnt there

Bit like the lino against Rangers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dibben
27-12-2017, 10:19 PM
He seemed to suggest that we need a player who can unlock a defence with a clever pass...

Grab your boots Kris!!

vuefrom1875
27-12-2017, 10:20 PM
Sounds like the linesman was panicking over making a complete baws up

Very good.

NORTHERNHIBBY
27-12-2017, 10:22 PM
Linesman would be better advised saying nothing.

Tornadoes70
27-12-2017, 10:28 PM
He mustve seen it then - seen something that wasnt there

Bit like the lino against Rangers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like a new pattern of excuse emerging - 'Say you seen it but that you disagree with the vast majority over the merit of the event'.

Instead of the old patter of 'turn a blind eye' its now more of a simplistic disagreement of what actually occurred.

Probably written up by Jim Traynor himself.

:greengrin

erin go bragh
27-12-2017, 10:28 PM
Sky should be paying for goal line technology for every game they cover .
Linesman looked like a Jambo though.
Imagine playing at home in a derby and having zero shots on goal .
“Here we go , 10 in a row.”

Peevemor
27-12-2017, 11:06 PM
The linesman didn't see the goal because he was scared to go too close to the man-eating transformer stand.

Speedway
27-12-2017, 11:18 PM
Is Commons signing or not?

Northernhibee
27-12-2017, 11:21 PM

He's not played in a year - he'll not be the sort of player he was, not even close.

I hope he doesn't but fair play to him for his candidness in the interview.

Onion
27-12-2017, 11:44 PM
Sounds like a new pattern of excuse emerging - 'Say you seen it but that you disagree with the vast majority over the merit of the event'.

Instead of the old patter of 'turn a blind eye' its now more of a simplistic disagreement of what actually occurred.

Probably written up by Jim Traynor himself.

:greengrin

Seems like Fake News has found it's way into Scottish Football. Trump has a lot to answer for.

andybev1
28-12-2017, 05:12 AM
Just after the Lennon's post-match interview, I was of the impression commons was criticising him for being angry at the decision. Commons said something like (paraphrase) 'Lennon comes out each week and has a go at the officials...'
I may have picked it up wrong but it sounded like he was accusing Lennon of moaning about things all of the time, which is bull****. Lennon has been pretty tame in his opinion on refs decisions IMO.

Dibben
28-12-2017, 07:05 AM
Just after the Lennon's post-match interview, I was of the impression commons was criticising him for being angry at the decision. Commons said something like (paraphrase) 'Lennon comes out each week and has a go at the officials...'
I may have picked it up wrong but it sounded like he was accusing Lennon of moaning about things all of the time, which is bull****. Lennon has been pretty tame in his opinion on refs decisions IMO.

I took it as a statement about refereeing - in that Neil talks about a bad decision every week. It didn’t sound like having a go at at Neil.

CentreLine
28-12-2017, 08:46 AM
I took it as a statement about refereeing - in that Neil talks about a bad decision every week. It didn’t sound like having a go at at Neil.

Not the way it came across. It was more like acknowledging that it is a shame the NL onc again has grounds to criticise the officials. The two examples he gave were the failure to give a penalty against The Rangers and of course last night. Both talking points in the studio and clearly costly errors from a Hibs point of view.
I think CC was pointing the finger at the number of bad decisions Hibs have to accept

Danderhall Hibs
28-12-2017, 09:49 AM
Not the way it came across. It was more like acknowledging that it is a shame the NL onc again has grounds to criticise the officials. The two examples he gave were the failure to give a penalty against The Rangers and of course last night. Both talking points in the studio and clearly costly errors from a Hibs point of view.
I think CC was pointing the finger at the number of bad decisions Hibs have to accept

:agree:

hibsforeurope
28-12-2017, 12:00 PM
The Lino looked like an arrogant w**k standing in the tunnel at ht and ft. Must have knew he’d made a mistake by the way he bolted into the tunnel mouth and not waiting on the othe officials like they always do. H also got an offside wrong against us in 1st half not long after the ‘goal’.
He was a joke

Jack Hackett
28-12-2017, 12:06 PM
The Lino looked like an arrogant w**k standing in the tunnel at ht and ft. Must have knew he’d made a mistake by the way he bolted into the tunnel mouth and not waiting on the othe officials like they always do. H also got an offside wrong against us in 1st half not long after the ‘goal’.
He was a joke

He'd have been informed in no uncertain terms at HT that the tv replays clearly proved the ball over the line.

Geo_1875
28-12-2017, 12:22 PM
He was a joke

He looked poorly positioned for a lot of decisions last night. Don't know how it looked on tv but I thought he was guessing a lot of the offsides.

JIm
28-12-2017, 12:26 PM
He looked poorly positioned for a lot of decisions last night. Don't know how it looked on tv but I thought he was guessing a lot of the offsides.

I rematched the game last night. The majority of his decisions were spot on.

He wasn't up with play for shaws goal and therefore his view appeared completely blocked by Brandon's positioning.

--------
28-12-2017, 01:20 PM

He wasn't up with play for shaws goal and therefore his view appeared completely blocked by Brandon's positioning.

Well he stinkin well should have been.

Callum_62
28-12-2017, 01:23 PM

In which case "I couldnt see it" over "it wasnt in"

Still dont know why the ref couldnt have called it - hes bang up with play

snooky
28-12-2017, 01:37 PM
One sign the ref should have latched on to was Shaw turns away from the goal with his hands in the air because he knows he has scored. It is a natural reaction. If the ball hadn't crossed the line he would have tried to get the rebound.
Btw, this was the same with the controversial England World Cup winning goal ( can't remember the year though :rolleyes:)

Firestarter
28-12-2017, 01:45 PM

No. He's unofficially called it a day.