PDA

View Full Version : They just cant beat us

SirDavidsNapper
27-12-2017, 08:52 PM
Despite us being robbed tonight they still cant do anything about it. They cant beat us. Suck it up Jambos

Flanny boy
27-12-2017, 09:09 PM
Despite us being robbed tonight they still cant do anything about it. They cant beat us. Suck it up Jambos

No shots at goal at home,maybe that's what big teams do

California-Hibs
27-12-2017, 09:12 PM
No shots, no corners. We might not have been great tonight but as the away team it’s a better result for us than them! Sees the gap extended once again, now to 9.

When do you honestly think they’ll next beat us?? I’m thinking 2020/2021....maybe!

Northernhibee
27-12-2017, 09:12 PM
But if they'd taken all their chances it could have been 0-0

cleanyman
27-12-2017, 09:14 PM
Get a striker in and we are good to go in January.

Terrific opportunity to stick the boot in. 9 could quickly turn into 12 by the end of the season.

SirDavidsNapper
27-12-2017, 09:15 PM
No shots, no corners. We might not have been great tonight but as the away team it’s a better result for us than them! Sees the gap extended once again, now to 9.

When do you honestly think they’ll next beat us?? I’m thinking 2020/2021....maybe!

Cant see it tbh. 2023 is my guess.

bingo70
27-12-2017, 09:17 PM
That was them giving us their full whack on the back of some great results so playing with loads of confidence......and they never laid a glove on us.

hibbymick
27-12-2017, 09:17 PM
This level playing field isn't suiting them. :wink:

Sammy7nil
27-12-2017, 09:19 PM
Totally agree BUT whilst we are dominant we have to win more derbies too many draws we should have won.

Nakedmanoncrack
27-12-2017, 09:24 PM
Jambos on the bus seem quite jubilant with a draw.

Dashing Bob S
27-12-2017, 09:25 PM
Jambos on the bus seem quite jubilant with a draw.

Ha ha ha. Sums up those losers.

inglisavhibs
27-12-2017, 09:27 PM

Even on that paddy field of a pitch which is far too small for top level football:wink:

Jim44
27-12-2017, 09:31 PM
Us - no gain but no shame. Them - no gain, yet more shame. They had an opportunity to end our dominance but weren’t up to it.

SirDavidsNapper
27-12-2017, 09:37 PM
It must be killing them. New stand, same awfull home support, same inability to beat their superior city neighbours. Karmas a bitch.

lapsedhibee
27-12-2017, 09:39 PM
We might not have been great tonight but as the away team it’s a better result for us than them! Sees the gap extended once again, now to 9.

:hmmm:

Tornadoes70
27-12-2017, 09:39 PM
Even on that paddy field of a pitch which is far too small for top level football:wink:

I've never quite understood the logic of top league teams being allowed inferior smaller pitches than the rest?

It seems totally crackers that there isn't a standard one size pitch that's fairer for all.

I know UEFA allows for variable sizes but surely the SFA should order all top flight clubs to have similar.

SirDavidsNapper
27-12-2017, 10:09 PM
I've never quite understood the logic of top league teams being allowed inferior smaller pitches than the rest?

It seems totally crackers that there isn't a standard one size pitch that's fairer for all.

I know UEFA allows for variable sizes but surely the SFA should order all top flight clubs to have similar.

Ive seen better amateur pitches. Disgraceful wee park.

fat freddy
27-12-2017, 10:18 PM
They know we are dangerous on the flanks so they kicked both our wingers off the pitch.
They were clearly under instructions to inflict as much pain as possible. Some of the tackles were unbelievable, Cowie on Lewis was an assault but he wasn't even spoken to and Souter?(no.4) on Barker was an intentional attempt to put him out of the game... and it worked.
Hearts are a desperate club under Levein and Budge and they will employ desperate and dangerous methods to ensure they remain relevant.

Nakedmanoncrack
27-12-2017, 10:21 PM
They are the worst team I've seen this season, yes, we were robbed of a goal, but we were very poor in the second half, should have had enough to beat that dross even with the goal not given.

Hi Heid Yin
27-12-2017, 10:22 PM
We currently own them and the Edinburgh derby and long may it continue.
They tried to play mind games in the lead up to the game - talking of reclaiming the bragging rights and their so-called rightful place as the capital top team, but how wrong they were to underestimate the quality we have at our disposal and how foolish they were to get ahead of themselves after Celtic failed to turn up/ were, like ourselves in the Aberdeen game - absolutely shattered from the previous high-intensity games.

Northernhibee
27-12-2017, 10:24 PM
They were desperate to achieve a 0-0 today, set themselves up for it, didn't achieve a shot on target and only got a point because of a cheat of an official.

Craig Levein must be bursting with pride.

SirDavidsNapper
27-12-2017, 10:28 PM
The managers interviews sum it up. Lennon raging at the draw and Levein positively gushing with glee, cracking jokes and laughing. Thats the difference between Hibs and Hearts.

Deansy
27-12-2017, 10:30 PM

Not suiting them ?? - it's ****ing killing them !!

Onion
27-12-2017, 10:33 PM
Fact is they have a v poor team at the moment, much worse than Hibs squad, and we should have done them.

vuefrom1875
27-12-2017, 10:54 PM

Welcome to the real world tramps.

hibbie02
27-12-2017, 11:05 PM
Playing Laughoutloud in midfield proves they were out to stifle Hibs with no thought of winning. HE should have been off before half time!

Northernhibee
27-12-2017, 11:13 PM
Playing Laughoutloud in midfield proves they were out to stifle Hibs with no thought of winning. HE should have been off before half time!

As well as a straight red for whoever it was smacked Boyle in the face with a punch disguised as a challenge.

JJP
27-12-2017, 11:18 PM
As well as a straight red for whoever it was smacked Boyle in the face with a punch disguised as a challenge.

Jamie Walker. A cynical cheat if ever I seen one.

lyonhibs
28-12-2017, 08:18 AM
They know we are dangerous on the flanks so they kicked both our wingers off the pitch.
They were clearly under instructions to inflict as much pain as possible. Some of the tackles were unbelievable, Cowie on Lewis was an assault but he wasn't even spoken to and Souter?(no.4) on Barker was an intentional attempt to put him out of the game... and it worked.
Hearts are a desperate club under Levein and Budge and they will employ desperate and dangerous methods to ensure they remain relevant.

Agree with the principle that they are a bunch of dirty cloggers but the tackle from Soutar got the ball cleanly and was a hard but fair tackle, the type of which I'd be delighted to see a Hibs player put in, especially in a Derby.

Pretty Boy
28-12-2017, 08:27 AM
They'll have to open up a bit in the cup game, if not at home then in the money spinning replay that will be their goal. Hopefully that gives us a bit more space to play in as they set up for exactly what they got last night.

PatHead
28-12-2017, 08:46 AM
Agree with the principle that they are a bunch of dirty cloggers but the tackle from Soutar got the ball cleanly and was a hard but fair tackle, the type of which I'd be delighted to see a Hibs player put in, especially in a Derby.

I think it was a reckless challenge. He did get the ball but he went right through the player injuring him. Foul every time. Bet they would have got a foul

Thecat23
28-12-2017, 08:49 AM
I think it was a reckless challenge. He did get the ball but he went right through the player injuring him. Foul every time. Bet they would have got a foul

Never in a million years was it a foul. It was a superb tackle and if that was Daz making that we’d be raving about it. Clean, strong and fair! Hearts did kick us about last night but that wasn’t one of them.

lyonhibs
28-12-2017, 09:20 AM
Never in a million years was it a foul. It was a superb tackle and if that was Daz making that we’d be raving about it. Clean, strong and fair! Hearts did kick us about last night but that wasn’t one of them.

Nail. Head. On. The. 😆

cleanyman
28-12-2017, 09:30 AM
Someone help me out here.

I went on Wikipedia...and the stats say we are now 10 unbeaten.

?

BoomtownHibees
28-12-2017, 09:38 AM
Someone help me out here.

I went on Wikipedia...and the stats say we are now 10 unbeaten.

?

There last win was a 2-1 win on 17–08–2014. We have went 9 unbeaten since then

Austinho
28-12-2017, 09:58 AM
There last win was a 2-1 win on 17–08–2014. We have went 9 unbeaten since thenAnd we’ll remain unbeaten until 2018 at the very earliest. Pleasing.

28-12-2017, 10:03 AM

Funny that eh, ever since they stopped robbing other peoples money, "the big team" have been by far the inferior team in the derbies. How odd!

Pagan Hibernia
28-12-2017, 10:07 AM
Still it’s “471 minutes since anyone scored against us” according to kickback...

really? I could have sworn it was only in the region of 85

DickieDastardly
28-12-2017, 10:18 AM

Agreed, it was a cruncher which took the ball as clean as a whistle and blootered the player (fairly if that makes sense); From the away end it looked like McGregor won a second half header in similar style against Concalves - went right through him.

Viva_Palmeiras
28-12-2017, 10:20 AM
The size of the pitch is indirectly proportional to the delusions of the support.

Anyway re when they will beat us who knows but write off these jammy gits at your peril. We’re not firing on all cylinders - they just need fortunate decisions by officialdom or to nick something then “park the bus”.

Pagan Hibernia
28-12-2017, 11:05 AM
The size of the pitch is indirectly proportional to the delusions of the support.

Anyway re when they will beat us who knows but write off these jammy gits at your peril. We’re not firing on all cylinders - they just need fortunate decisions by officialdom or to nick something then “park the bus”.

exactly... if that big long string of misery had managed to scuff that chance into the corner of the net in the second half they would’ve somehow managed to walk away with a 1-0 ‘victory’ instead of the 0-1 defeat it should rightly have been.

Been the same as long as I’ve been watching derbies. They often find away to steal results where they have no right to.... we need to bury them in the cup game.

SirDavidsNapper
28-12-2017, 12:11 PM
Hibs are just a far more streetwise side than Hearts. We can mix it up when we need to. We played to the conditions last night which Hearts weren't expecting. Can see this run going on for quite a while.

Onion
28-12-2017, 12:21 PM
They are the worst team I've seen this season, yes, we were robbed of a goal, but we were very poor in the second half, should have had enough to beat that dross even with the goal not given.

Agreed. They're bound to strengthen from where they are and we'll look back at missed opportunities like last night. They were like a bunch of organised thugs and one of the worst teams we've met this season. It's astonishing that they're so far up the league.