PDA

View Full Version : Goal-line technology

nonshinyfinish
27-12-2017, 08:46 PM
Any takers?

J-C
27-12-2017, 08:55 PM
Has to come in, surely it can't be that expensive to get it done.

Mr White
27-12-2017, 08:59 PM
Given the SFA initially didn't fancy the £6 a can for the 10 yard spray I think it's safe to say goal line tech or full VAR is some way off for Scottish football.

LancashireHibby
27-12-2017, 09:01 PM
There weren’t any excuses when it was first introduced elsewhere and there still aren’t any excuses now.

Pete
27-12-2017, 09:02 PM
An official with a monitor in the stands is all it takes...no need for millions of pounds to be spent on stuff that looks good for the telly.

The fact remains that they need help. We can all analyse things in slow motion over and over again but they are making real time decisions at ground level.

It’s not fair that the means are there to help but they aren’t being used. I wouldn’t be an official...hiding to nothing.

Hibbyradge
27-12-2017, 09:04 PM
An official with a monitor in the stands is all it takes...no need for millions of pounds to be spent on stuff that looks good for the telly.

The fact remains that they need help. We can all analyse things in slow motion over and over again but they are making real time decisions at ground level.

It’s not fair that the means are there to help but they aren’t being used. I wouldn’t be an official...hiding to nothing.

:agree:

Use TV and technology to help the referees.

hibbysam
27-12-2017, 10:02 PM

Use TV and technology to help the referees.

I agree, even if it’s just for calls like offside, out or not out, over the line or not to begin with. Means subjective calls are still made by the ref and final but clear cut cases like tonight are made correctly within 10 seconds of the game bein stopped.

Just Jimmy
28-12-2017, 07:05 AM
it should be used for any decision which can directly and definitely change the outcome of the game.

by that I mean things which directly change a game instantly. a goal like last night, a red card and probably eventually penalties. these events change a game instantaneously.

things like corners/throw ins and even freekicks, no thanks, as they only change the game in the events after.

either way last night and numerous other times, we have been the victim of a pathetic decison which could have been easily rectified on each occasion.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Onion
28-12-2017, 07:17 AM
Given the SFA initially didn't fancy the £6 a can for the 10 yard spray I think it's safe to say goal line tech or full VAR is some way off for Scottish football.

More importantly, would remove any discretion the officials have to ignore goals they don't fancy giving.

Stewboy
28-12-2017, 07:20 AM
Sure Scottish fitba could even manage a cut down version of a 5th official watching it on the Tele telling the ref!

hibsbollah
28-12-2017, 07:23 AM
More importantly, would remove any discretion the officials have to ignore goals they don't fancy giving.

This is the thing about biased officials, they're not biased because of corruption, they're biased because they know they'll get hounded by the ****bag West coast press and the ****bag 'bullets in the post' lunatic fringe if they get it wrong. So they favour the old firm.

A 5th official watching TV pictures allows the responsibility to be shared and would immediately result in a freer environment for officials imo.

Wee Effen Bee
28-12-2017, 07:42 AM
I like to think that new initiatives could be investigated by the SFA/SPFL: body cam on officials, ref being mic-ed up so you hear his/her reasoning, 4th/5th official watching on screen then feeding back and so on. I also believe though that the buck should stop at the ref but his/her decision is informed and supported by the ‘team’ of officials. I would also hope that, if pictures or goal- line technology proved inconclusive (say too many players on top of the ball or in front of the camera) then players would accept and respect the ref’s decision.

Hibernia&Alba
28-12-2017, 11:34 AM
We shouldn't have to keep asking for this. There are several ways it can be done, but it needs enacting.

BroxburnHibee
28-12-2017, 11:50 AM
I'm not in favour of using it for matters of opinion like penalties but definitely when it comes to off side calls or goal line technology.

Don't see why we cant go down the tennis or cricket route. Give each captain/manager 2 or 3 challenges during the game.