PDA

View Full Version : When have we ever had a major decision against them in our favour?

Firestarter
27-12-2017, 07:47 PM
Can't think of one ever. ****ing disgrace they get everything.

Let's do them second half they are ****ing pish. Let's hope they are favourable to us next half knowing they have bawsed up again.

Come on Hibs!!!!

Joe6-2
27-12-2017, 07:50 PM

Let's do them second half they are ****ing pish. Let's hope they are favourable to us next half knowing they have bawsed up again.

Come on Hibs!!!!

Don’t hold your breath

lapsedhibee
27-12-2017, 08:19 PM

Come on Hibs!!!!

I can mind one. Scott Brown booted somebody just before half-time at ER, should probably have been off but didn't even get carded. Colin Murdoch walked off with at half time trying to calm him down.

LaMotta
27-12-2017, 08:41 PM

Come on Hibs!!!!
its a ***in joke mate. only consolation is that we were far the better the team and we now have 9 in a row

JimBHibees
27-12-2017, 08:44 PM
I can mind one. Scott Brown booted somebody just before half-time at ER, should probably have been off but didn't even get carded. Colin Murdoch walked off with at half time trying to calm him down.

Lol that major no one can remember it against 2 actual goals about 4 retrospective red cards forster 3 yards onside goal etc. Absolutely bent

bingo70
27-12-2017, 08:46 PM
Think we just got one.

I’m not sure on the rules of handballs now but clearly hit Stevenson’s hand.

Allant1981
27-12-2017, 08:47 PM
Think we just got one.

dont think there is much he could have done about it, although if it had been in the other box we would have been screaming for it!

Pete
They could’ve had a pen tonight.

Maybe our “goal” meant they were never getting it anyway.

hibby6270
Here’s 2 from recent games that we didn’t get .

Forster offside - apparently :confused:

Leigh’s free kick not over the line - apparently.

Let’s not forget that penalty in the Cup Final.

And then tonight .

Will it ever end?

AgentDaleCooper
Arguably, they could have had a pen at the end, and lafferty was onside IMO...still utterly gauling but oh well, our record against them stands.

calamitus
27-12-2017, 08:50 PM
Let's be honest, a £30 Go Pro duck taped to
a stick would sort this type of thing out. We don't like technology in Scotland. Taint natural.

Firestarter
27-12-2017, 09:05 PM
They could’ve had a pen tonight.

Maybe our “goal” meant they were never getting it anyway.

They would usually get that pen Cabs. Not that it was a pen.

****in robbed again. Nearest to shaw in the first goal should get it too.

lord bunberry
27-12-2017, 09:06 PM
It’s a complete ****ing joke. The pundits on sky saying the linesman didn’t see it!!! Well he should have been in a position to ****ing see. He seen every offside in the first half alright.
Absolutely raging.

hibby6270
27-12-2017, 09:07 PM
Let's be honest, a £30 Go Pro duck taped to
a stick would sort this type of thing out. We don't like technology in Scotland. Taint natural.

:agree::thumbsup:

TheHarpy76
27-12-2017, 09:19 PM
Tonight.
They should have had a penalty.

eezyrider
27-12-2017, 09:20 PM
Think we just got one.

Yes, the ball hit his hand. But to be a penalty Stevenson would have to have played the ball with his hand which he clearly didn't.

EZ

Big L
27-12-2017, 09:24 PM
****in robbed again! They never had a shot on target and I don't think they had a corner. We didn't take advantage of the high line they played. K

EskbankHibby
27-12-2017, 09:27 PM
Yes, the ball hit his hand. But to be a penalty Stevenson would have to have played the ball with his hand which he clearly didn't.

EZ

Yup.

If the one in the Falkirk game at Easter Road (where the defender grabs then moves the ball on the ground in the box) was not a penalty, none of the two handballs in the box tonight are penalties - no way.

Sylar
27-12-2017, 09:27 PM
Tonight.

That linesman had an abysmal night, and he should be demoted from officiating at the top level in Scotland.

Not only Shaw's goal, not only Stevenson's handball, but several of the times he flagged for offside he got them wrong - for the same reason he couldn't see to give the goal - he wasn't up with play.

Newcastlehibby
27-12-2017, 09:28 PM

EZ

He was clearly trying to move his hand/arm out of the way. Not deliberate hand ball, so no penalty.

majorhibs
27-12-2017, 09:28 PM
Tonight.

You zoomers need less chloroform. Never a pen. 1-0 like it should- different game. Get back on this planet!

inglisavhibs
27-12-2017, 10:04 PM
Tonight.
wrong again, has to be deliberate and no way it was. clutching at straws as usual. the shaw goal however:greengrin

TheHarpy76
27-12-2017, 10:05 PM
You zoomers need less chloroform. Never a pen. 1-0 like it should- different game. Get back on this planet!

Is there really any need for personal abuse?
It looked to me that Stevenson controlled the ball with his arm. We would have been furious if it happened up the other end.

Firestarter
28-12-2017, 09:02 AM
It looked to me that Stevenson controlled the ball with his arm. We would have been furious if it happened up the other end.

That's the softest personal abuse ever read.

Maybe stick to being furious our game changing match winning goal was chalked off....AGAIN

Firestarter
28-12-2017, 09:06 AM
its a ***in joke mate. only consolation is that we were far the better the team and we now have 9 in a row

It's actually no funny anymore mate. They get away with **** all the time and don't even start me on that wee rat bassa Jamie Walker who super John ripped the arse out of all evening. Goosefrabba!!!

28-12-2017, 09:50 AM
The major, game changing decisions in derbies are ALWAYS in their favour. Thats 3 times in the last 5 years that we have had perfectly legitimate goals chopped off against them. Totally beyond a joke how much luck they get from officials against us, they get away with absolute murder time after time. Absolutely robbed yet again.

Absolutely gutted for Shaw, what a moment that would have (SHOULD have!) been for him.

Hi Heid Yin
28-12-2017, 09:57 AM
He was clearly trying to move his hand/arm out of the way. Not deliberate hand ball, so no penalty.

:agree::agree::agree:

theonlywayisup
28-12-2017, 10:01 AM
Tonight.

Don't know the latest ruling for handball, but below is what I've found from Google.

Law 12 in the FIFA Rulebook explains the regulations and procedures for a deliberate handball in football during the game.

The simplest explanation of the football handball rule is, did the player's hand or arm, from the tips of the fingers to the shoulder, play the ball? And if so, was it done deliberately?

A ball which is first kicked and then hits a player's hand or arm is not ruled as ball handling. The referee must use judgment to decide whether the handball ball was accidental contact.

Never in a month of Sundays could you say that Stevenson deliberately handled the ball. There was no intent. There was also no advantage or disadvantage to either team. Also, some people talk about the players hand being in an unnatural position, but don't know what the rules say about that. It's a joke that anyone seriously believes that to be a penalty.

hibsbollah
28-12-2017, 10:01 AM

For the good Major, that post is the modicum of restraint :greengrin

Hi Heid Yin
28-12-2017, 10:02 AM
We were denied a goal!
They were denied a dubious penalty - which if it had been given does not equate to scoring a goal!
We ultimately were the victims of a gross miscarriage of justice - and there we were thinking that a Leigh griffiths "non-goal" would be unlikely to happen again so soon.
Seriously, a cheap video replay directly to a wee panel of adjudicating officials and a wee voice in the ear-piece of the referee would have sorted this sort of thing out in less than a minute.

John_R_Corbett
28-12-2017, 10:03 AM
Tonight.
They should have had a penalty.Never a penalty in yer puff

theonlywayisup
28-12-2017, 10:09 AM
Here’s 2 from recent games that we didn’t get .

Forster offside - apparently :confused:

Leigh’s free kick not over the line - apparently.

Let’s not forget that penalty in the Cup Final.

And then tonight .

Will it ever end?

Can we also add Grant Brebner wrongly sent off before half-time in the Gary O'Connor last minute winner game.
Also, the Hampden penalty when the contact was made outside the box but the player falls into the box.
I also recall an attack on Fletcher when he was running through to get a ball that Gordon would probably comfortably reach only for Berra to shoulder charge Fletcher in the box - no attempt to play the ball nor get in front of the ball to protect it - no this was a full body shoulder charge on a player in full flight.
What about the two or three Hertz players not sent off during a Derby but then retrospectively dealt with - no advantage to Hibs.

Back to the OP's question - I'm trying to think of any that have gone in our favour.:tumble:

Eyrie
28-12-2017, 10:51 AM
If these wrong decisions are meant to even out then we can look forward to beating Hearts 10-0 in the next game.

But they don't, so we'll have to settle for a narrow 1-0 win.

Fife-Hibee
28-12-2017, 11:07 AM
Whether it was a penalty or not makes no difference we should have been 0-1 up and the pattern of the game would have changed there wouldn't have been a penalty claim! Well certainly not that one! We were ****ing robbed again!! 😡

CentreLine
28-12-2017, 11:47 AM
Can we also add Grant Brebner wrongly sent off before half-time in the Gary O'Connor last minute winner game.
Also, the Hampden penalty when the contact was made outside the box but the player falls into the box.
I also recall an attack on Fletcher when he was running through to get a ball that Gordon would probably comfortably reach only for Berra to shoulder charge Fletcher in the box - no attempt to play the ball nor get in front of the ball to protect it - no this was a full body shoulder charge on a player in full flight.
What about the two or three Hertz players not sent off during a Derby but then retrospectively dealt with - no advantage to Hibs.

Back to the OP's question - I'm trying to think of any that have gone in our favour.:tumble:

Somebody, perhaps Hibs TV, should put together a (not so) short film of all of these supposed refereeing gaffs in the derby matches. Including, of course, all of the retrospective red cards. It would go viral in minutes don't you think?
Even the punters sitting in the seats behind the police box could see that was over the line.

Hibernia&Alba
28-12-2017, 11:50 AM
The officials were appalling last night; they got so many decisions wrong. Having watched brief highlights, I have to admit that was a clear penalty at the death for the handball. If that had been awarded and we'd lost, I think I would have exploded. The difference is sometimes you get penalties and sometimes you don't; you still have to score it. We did score but were denied a legitimate goal.

John_R_Corbett
28-12-2017, 12:17 PM
The officials were appalling last night; they got so many decisions wrong. Having watched brief highlights, I have to admit that was a clear penalty at the death for the handball. If that had been awarded and we'd lost, I think I would have exploded. The difference is sometimes you get penalties and sometimes you don't; you still have to score it. We did score but were denied a legitimate goal.No it wasn't

Hibernia&Alba
28-12-2017, 12:18 PM
No it wasn't

Just being honest. IMO, it was a clear handball.

John_R_Corbett
28-12-2017, 12:19 PM
Just being honest. IMO, it was a clear handball.The ball hitting his hand doesn't automatically make it a penalty.

Hibernia&Alba
28-12-2017, 12:22 PM
The ball hitting his hand doesn't automatically make it a penalty.

I know that, but, having watched the replay I think Stevenson could have 'done more' to avoid the ball :wink:. I'd be demanding it every time.

theonlywayisup
28-12-2017, 01:46 PM
I know that, but, having watched the replay I think Stevenson could have 'done more' to avoid the ball :wink:. I'd be demanding it every time.

From Google - the handball look more "accidental" than "deliberate" to me, there was no intent to play the ball with his hand.

Law 12 in the FIFA Rulebook explains the regulations and procedures for a deliberate handball in football during the game.

The simplest explanation of the football handball rule is, did the player's hand or arm, from the tips of the fingers to the shoulder, play the ball? And if so, was it done deliberately?

A ball which is first kicked and then hits a player's hand or arm is not ruled as ball handling. The referee must use judgment to decide whether the handball ball was accidental contact.

The Harp Awakes
28-12-2017, 02:08 PM

I can remember Jamie Walker getting a retrospective red for the head butt. Who were the other retrospective reds for Hearts players again?

28-12-2017, 02:11 PM
I can remember Jamie Walker getting a retrospective red for the head butt. Who were the other retrospective reds for Hearts players again?

McGowan, Templeton and Ryan Stevenson I think

James70
28-12-2017, 06:35 PM
Going back a bit now I remember Neil Berry's horrendous tackle on Paul Wright which put him out of football for a considerable length of time. I don't think that Berry was even booked.