PDA

View Full Version : The SFA

Diclonius
27-12-2017, 07:35 PM
Get your act together and get goal line technology. ****ing joke that we still don't have it. Guess the OF don't want it or it means they'll have to cut down on the fact finding missions to Qatar.

Baader
27-12-2017, 07:38 PM
Pathetic. It's used successfully in enough countries now, is a simple and effective system and it works. Get on with it

GreenNWhiteArmy
27-12-2017, 07:40 PM
Is it not to do with cost? And that not all top flight clubs can afford it?

HoboHarry
I said on the other thread that the club's could have it any time they want. They would rather stay silent than fork out for it.

hibbysam
Is it not to do with cost? And that not all top flight clubs can afford it?

Hence why the SFA/SPFL could get their fingers out and fund it.

hibee_girl
27-12-2017, 07:43 PM
Imagine this happened in the old firm game on Saturday, they'd soon be all for it then. :rolleyes:

Dashing Bob S
27-12-2017, 07:46 PM
Sfa - ****

ballengeich
27-12-2017, 07:50 PM
Goal-line technology is quite expensive, especially when it would probably only affect a couple of decisions a season throughout the whole league. You'd get a cheaper result by giving the fourth official access to a live tv feed (all top division games are covered) and allowing him to intervene.

darwenhibby
27-12-2017, 08:47 PM
Goal-line technology is quite expensive, especially when it would probably only affect a couple of decisions a season throughout the whole league. You'd get a cheaper result by giving the fourth official access to a live tv feed (all top division games are covered) and allowing him to intervene.
If the lazy linesman keeps up with play he gives it
Otherwise another cheating official

Pete
27-12-2017, 08:49 PM
Might not be popular but if people aren’t 100% certain they can’t give it.

They. Need. Help!!

Tornadoes70
27-12-2017, 08:51 PM

I didn't have to be up with play to see it was a goal.

Cheating barstewards.

Well done the team though for standing up to the cloggers tonight.

:flag:

Future17
27-12-2017, 08:52 PM

Don't be ridiculous. The officials need help.

darwenhibby
27-12-2017, 09:03 PM

He is not up with play end of
If he is Brandon is not in his line
As someone says let it happen in the old firm game on Saturday and there will be an out cry
That’s 3 games I can think of that incompetent officials have cost ya points

number9dream
27-12-2017, 09:04 PM
Everyone in the stadium and watching on telly knew it was a goal within seconds. You don’t need expensive technology for that - quick look at a monitor, decision made...

Pete
27-12-2017, 09:06 PM
He is not up with play end of
If he is Brandon is not in his line
As someone says let it happen in the old firm game on Saturday and there will be an out cry
That’s 3 games I can think of that incompetent officials have cost ya points

So what are you saying? They aren’t fit enough?

It’s easy to be wise and criticise from the perfect vantage point.

lord bunberry
27-12-2017, 09:11 PM

Surely it’s his job to make sure he is in the right position to see these decisions mate?

Pete
27-12-2017, 09:18 PM
Surely it’s his job to make sure he is in the right position to see these decisions mate?

I’m sure they try but they’re only human and as for the offsides...well they were hardly marginal :greengrin

It’s better to push for solutions to ensure that things like this won’t happen again than get angry IMO.If we did have a ref in the stands we would have won that 1-0 :hmmm:

renato
27-12-2017, 09:20 PM
VAR works well in Italy and no one has grounds to complain of it’s clear as day on screen. No brainer

hibbysam
27-12-2017, 09:23 PM

Why did he tell everyone at half time ‘it wasn’t in’?

overdrive
27-12-2017, 09:24 PM
The SFA claim technology is too expensive but will put additional officials behind the goal in big games (final and semi finals). Can they not put a couple of Cat 3 refs behind the goals in Premiership matches?

ancient hibee
27-12-2017, 09:26 PM
Ref should have seen it anyway.Had a clear view.

Pete
27-12-2017, 09:30 PM
Why did he tell everyone at half time ‘it wasn’t in’?

The pundits were lip-reading. There’s no official confirmation that he said that but if he did, he’s looked seen it and got it wrong.

The point remains that with external help, a decision would have been made by someone with our viewpoint.

lord bunberry
27-12-2017, 09:35 PM
I’m sure they try but they’re only human and as for the offsides...well they were hardly marginal :greengrin

It’s better to push for solutions to ensure that things like this won’t happen again than get angry IMO.If we did have a ref in the stands we would have won that 1-0 :hmmm:
I agree with the ref in the stands. That decision could’ve been reversed in 30 secs. Probably before I had stopped jumping about in my living room celebrating the goal. I couldn’t believe it when I turned back to the tv to see the game still going on.

Waxy
27-12-2017, 09:36 PM
The ref saw it clearly.

brokenglass
27-12-2017, 09:41 PM
I'm sure I read it costs about 250k for the system, it's not cheap. Especially when it's only used a couple of times a season.

ballengeich
27-12-2017, 09:43 PM
The SFA claim technology is too expensive but will put additional officials behind the goal in big games (final and semi finals). Can they not put a couple of Cat 3 refs behind the goals in Premiership matches?

If you put Cat 3 refs on premiership matches they're unavailable for lower level games and there's an adverse effect all the way down the game. In the Juniors (semi-pro) most east region games already don't have linesmen. At amateur and age-group level finding refs is a struggle so the SFA should not be doing anything that reduces the number of officials available.

Goal-line technology is expensive. Giving fourth officials access to a tv/social media feed isn't.

matty_f
27-12-2017, 09:43 PM
Get Sky/BT to contribute and have goal line technology in the televised games, at least.

overdrive
27-12-2017, 09:46 PM
If you put Cat 3 refs on premiership matches they're unavailable for lower level games and there's an adverse effect all the way down the game. In the Juniors (semi-pro) most east region games already don't have linesmen. At amateur and age-group level finding refs is a struggle so the SFA should not be doing anything that reduces the number of officials available.

Goal-line technology is expensive. Giving fourth officials access to a tv/social media feed isn't.

Oh I agree, but they’ve already stated a preference for behind the goal officials over all other forms of technology. They will not countenance what you have suggested. They’ve backed themselves into a corner.

Edit: it is also their fault for not having enough a referees at all levels.

ballengeich
27-12-2017, 09:51 PM
Oh I agree, but they’ve already stated a preference for behind the goal officials over all other forms of technology. They will not countenance what you have suggested. They’ve backed themselves into a corner.

Edit: it is also their fault for not having enough a referees at all levels.

I've confidence in the SFA's ability to slither out of corners so they'll find an excuse for a change of position if enough important people in the professional club game put pressure on.

Regarding the lack of refs, a lot give up early on because of the abuse they get from players, club officials and supporters (parents being the worst). It is something they should address.

SquashedFrogg
27-12-2017, 09:56 PM

Linesman are relatively well paid to do very limited tasks.

Negligence of the highest order.

Embarrassing

SunshineOnLeith
27-12-2017, 09:58 PM
The situations where the argument for goal line technology are strongest are where it's a genuinely difficult decision. For example, bodies in the way or the ball only crossing the line in the air rather than hitting the ground.

That didn't happen tonight, it was an easy call. I'm not crying cheat, but that linesman has proved himself incapable of officiating at this level.

overdrive
27-12-2017, 10:01 PM
I've confidence in the SFA's ability to slither out of corners so they'll find an excuse for a change of position if enough important people in the professional club game put pressure on.

Regarding the lack of refs, a lot give up early on because of the abuse they get from players, club officials and supporters (parents being the worst). It is something they should address.

I agree with your latter point. I know someone who runs the line at Premiership level. He almost chucked it at youth level due to the abuse from parents. He said refereeing at Junior level was a piece of piss compared to youth level. Interestingly, he also openly admitted to blowing the full time whistle at 85 mins in Junior games so he could get to the pub. He was also involved in a very high profile cock up to our disadvantage a few years ago (and is a yam)

Pete70
27-12-2017, 10:02 PM
I'm sure I read it costs about 250k for the system, it's not cheap. Especially when it's only used a couple of times a season.

Is it not better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it?

Onion
27-12-2017, 10:56 PM
Live on Sky, in front of an 18500 full house, it is beyond deeply embarrassing for the SFA. It brings the game into disrepute much more than most of the offences by players or fans. Horror show by the "officials".

Northernhibee
27-12-2017, 10:59 PM
Live on Sky, in front of an 18500 full house, it is beyond deeply embarrassing for the SFA. It brings the game into disrepute much more than most of the offences by players or fans. Horror show by the "officials".

Radio silence from them (and the linesman waiting in the tunnel to tell the Hibs players that the ball wasn't over the line) and yet a good natured pitch invasion happens after the longest running hoodoo in Scottish football is moralised over by Regan on live TV before the dust has even settled and is called an "embarrasment".

Regan and Doncaster out.

at last 61
28-12-2017, 04:11 PM
The technology is already there so no more excuses get it done sfa because this is getting embarrassing the referees linesman are only human so give them a helping hand KNOW

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

lucky
28-12-2017, 04:36 PM
If it’s too expensive to have goal line technology then they should have at least have a video ref.

The SFA should also say what actions they are taking against the officials especially the linesman

Hi Heid Yin
28-12-2017, 04:45 PM
A bonafide goal that is "missed" by officials, but can be clearly seen from available/cross referenced footage, should be awarded to the affected team within 48 hrs and the points adjusted accordingly.

No other dubious circumstances should be considered in this scenario, otherwise it would become a farce.

This might perhaps be too simple for the SFA.

bob12345
28-12-2017, 04:54 PM
A bonafide goal that is "missed" by officials, but can be clearly seen from available/cross referenced footage, should be awarded to the affected team within 48 hrs and the points adjusted accordingly.

No other dubious circumstances should be considered in this scenario, otherwise it would become a farce.

This might perhaps be too simple for the SFA.

Disagree. Say for example this happened to us at Celtic Park, it was 1-1 and they had a goal not given and then we held on for a 1-1 draw. If we'd have went 2-1 behind in the game we'd have pushed harder to score an equaliser. So losing a game that way would be unfair.

I've yet to see one good reason to why the fourth official shouldn't have access to TV footage. It'd take all of 20 seconds for him to have seen it and spoke in his earpiece to the referee. Now it's accepted that technology can be trialled, why on earth is this not happening?