PDA

View Full Version : Van Dijk to Liverpool

Lendo
27-12-2017, 06:14 PM
Liverpool sign Van Dijk for £75m. I wouldn’t be surprised if Celtic had a sell-on clause built in to the Southampton transfer. Hope not. Hate to think of them getting a financial advantage over other Scottish clubs..... 😒

007 Mickey Weir
27-12-2017, 06:15 PM
10% I think

Dashing Bob S
27-12-2017, 06:17 PM
Liverpool will continue to pay this sort of money for players like Van Djk and will continue to challenge for the Europa Cup slots.

Lendo
27-12-2017, 06:17 PM
10% I think

£7.5m for McGinn then

one day maybe...
27-12-2017, 06:18 PM
£7.5 million to Celtic & the gap gets bigger

cabbageandribs1875
27-12-2017, 06:42 PM
take that 75m and pay off some 3rd world countries debts...******* sickening

Scottie
27-12-2017, 06:46 PM
Panic buy again :panic:

Joe6-2
27-12-2017, 06:55 PM

This

Pete
27-12-2017, 06:58 PM
Now, let’s see if he develops his game at Liverpool enough to enable him to move to a club like Manchester City.

MWHIBBIES
27-12-2017, 07:04 PM

Its not sickening at all. What does Liverpool signing a player have to do with a 3rd world countries debts?

Sammy7nil
27-12-2017, 07:09 PM
Its not sickening at all. What does Liverpool signing a player have to do with a 3rd world countries debts?

Your right let them starve :rolleyes:

MWHIBBIES
27-12-2017, 07:23 PM
Your right let them starve :rolleyes:I still don't see how that is relevant to Liverpool signing a player?

Sammy7nil
27-12-2017, 07:33 PM
I still don't see how that is relevant to Liverpool signing a player?

You are right let them eat cake !

If you can't see the waste of money in some countries whilst in others and ours peeps are really struggling for the basics or possibly starving then we just have to disagree. £75 million could build a school in Liverpool or pay 2 or 3 players annual salary I wonder what would be best for the many?

We the fans have lost the game it is driven by greed and clubs and players will be paying accountants a fortune trying everything to ensure they dont pay a penny tax.

MWHIBBIES
27-12-2017, 07:42 PM
You are right let them eat cake !

If you can't see the waste of money in some countries whilst in others and ours peeps are really struggling for the basics or possibly starving then we just have to disagree. £75 million could build a school in Liverpool or pay 2 or 3 players annual salary I wonder what would be best for the many?

We the fans have lost the game it is driven by greed and clubs and players will be paying accountants a fortune trying everything to ensure they dont pay a penny tax.

Liverpool are a football club, not a charity. They pay their taxes and do a lot of good community work already. They are a business that needs to spend money to improve. Absolutely nothing wrong with them, or any other club, spending money they have earned on players.

Betty Boop
27-12-2017, 07:45 PM
Another windfall for Celtic.

Scouse Hibee
27-12-2017, 08:43 PM
That's tbe sort of money top four CL clubs pay I suppose.

Scouse Hibee
27-12-2017, 08:46 PM
Now, let’s see if he develops his game at Liverpool enough to enable him to move to a club like Manchester City.

Yep only a club like Man City who have been able to buy their way to success will be able to afford him if he approves. Lets face it they can buy whoever tbey want whenever they want.

Sammy7nil
27-12-2017, 10:11 PM
Liverpool are a football club, not a charity. They pay their taxes and do a lot of good community work already. They are a business that needs to spend money to improve. Absolutely nothing wrong with them, or any other club, spending money they have earned on players.

Yip it is just business nothing to see here move along now. :rolleyes: I also think Messi and Ronaldo deserve a pay rise

CapitalGreen
27-12-2017, 10:27 PM
Yip it is just business nothing to see here move along now. :rolleyes: I also think Messi and Ronaldo deserve a pay rise

If Hibs get £4.5m for McGinn should we donate the lot to charity?

Sammy7nil
27-12-2017, 10:38 PM
If Hibs get £4.5m for McGinn should we donate the lot to charity?

If we get £4.5 million then yes :greengrin

CapitalGreen
27-12-2017, 10:43 PM
If we get £4.5 million then yes :greengrin

Genuine question, should we donate the transfer proceeds we receive for McGinn to charity?

Sammy7nil
27-12-2017, 11:04 PM
Genuine question, should we donate the transfer proceeds we receive for McGinn to charity?

Genuine answer if that happened I would not give jot.

When players are being transferred for £200 million and being paid £500,000 a week something is definitely wrong. Something needs to change if Hibs start the revolution great.

However you know and I know that won't happen just like I won't donate 50% of my salary to charity and live in a tent :greengrin If I earned £500,000 a week I would glady donate more than 50 % to charity.

Lendo
27-12-2017, 11:06 PM
Wow, this thread went off topic quicker than the “Has Edinburgh Lost Its Soul” on the Holy Ground.

MWHIBBIES
27-12-2017, 11:15 PM
Yip it is just business nothing to see here move along now. :rolleyes: I also think Messi and Ronaldo deserve a pay riseIt actually is just business though, I have no idea why you are taking this transfer so personally.

Sammy7nil
27-12-2017, 11:19 PM
It actually is just business though, I have no idea why you are taking this transfer so personally.

It is not personal at all I simply think football has lost it's soul at the highest level and I find the amount of cash swilling around obscene. As i say nothing personal sorry if I upset you.

yonder1875
28-12-2017, 12:27 AM
75m for a centre half who's probably not in the worlds top 10 centre backs, not even surprised at the ludacricy now.

Onceinawhile
28-12-2017, 12:30 AM
Celtic getting 7.5m will be a bigger turnover than every team in Scotland apart from rangers, Aberdeen, hearts and ours was only 200,000 more.

Lancs Harp
28-12-2017, 12:33 AM
He was good in Mary Poppins and fantastic in Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, gone off the boil since.

Glory Lurker
28-12-2017, 12:33 AM
Celtic getting 7.5m will be a bigger turnover than every team in Scotland apart from rangers, Aberdeen, hearts and ours was only 200,000 more.

Add on their champs/europa league income and what they might get for Dembele....

Hamish
28-12-2017, 03:48 PM
Neil Warnock stating that Sol Bamba is a better defender than Van Dijk. Did emphasize defender, Van Dijk being more comfortable on the ball.

Billy Whizz
28-12-2017, 03:49 PM
Neil Warnock stating that Sol Bamba is a better defender than Van Dijk. Did emphasize defender, Van Dijk being more comfortable on the ball.

Just watched that, he’s some man
Wonder who the chief scout was, who said he didn’t rate Van Dijk

Hibernia&Alba
28-12-2017, 03:56 PM
75 million for a centre-back! Liverpool are terrific going forward but need to strengthen in defence. If they get it right, they could be very dangerous, but that's a hell of a fee. Celtic will receive anything up to 10 as a sell on.

Billy Whizz
28-12-2017, 04:05 PM
Think Southampton have shown an interest in McGinn. They’ve now got money to burn, and need to strengthen
Hibs have good relations with them, think their Director of Football used to work with George Craig
Would be a good place for him to go, if we have to lose him

Hibernia&Alba
28-12-2017, 04:09 PM
Think Southampton have shown an interest in McGinn. They’ve now got money to burn, and need to strengthen
Hibs have good relations with them, think their Director of Football used to work with George Craig

Let's see the colour of their money, now they're loaded again. At least 5 million.

Jim44
28-12-2017, 04:15 PM

Add on their champs/europa league income and what they might get for Dembele....

......... and they’re still interested in small fry like Lewis Morgan. :rolleyes:

GreenPJ
28-12-2017, 09:17 PM
......... and they’re still interested in small fry like Lewis Morgan. :rolleyes:

Like it or not the Celtic signing policy can't be knocked. They know they have to pick up players with potential at minimal spend and then they turn a decent transfer few and subsequent sell on few. Morgan may make it there and if not they will probably still make a profit.

Scouse Hibee
28-12-2017, 11:49 PM
75 million for a centre-back! Liverpool are terrific going forward but need to strengthen in defence. If they get it right, they could be very dangerous, but that's a hell of a fee. Celtic will receive anything up to 10 as a sell on.

He doesn't even look that accomplished at centre back either, one hell of a fee if you ask me. Needs to hit the ground running and recreate his early Southampton form.

Smartie
29-12-2017, 12:07 AM
He doesn't even look that accomplished at centre back either, one hell of a fee if you ask me. Needs to hit the ground running and recreate his early Southampton form.

A few of the current Liverpool centre backs looked good before joining Liverpool but have struggled there (I'm thinking of Lovren in particular.)

They play such an open, cavalier style of football I sometimes wonder if their centre backs are hung out to dry a bit?

It's great to watch, but I'm not sure I could cope with it if I was a LFC fan.

S4uzee
29-12-2017, 12:35 AM

Where did you hear this?