PDA

View Full Version : Team for Tynecastle?

TheGreenMan
27-12-2017, 12:03 PM
So....does Big Marv come back in? Does he go with Shaw or Murray or neither? 3-5-2 / 4-3-3 or same team as Saturday in a 4-4-2?

I'd go with 3-5-2. Efe isnt a right back naturally and this would give us more cover, allow Marv to come back in and use Barker as a sub when legs are tired.

Rocky
Boyle
Efe
Daz
Hanlon
Stevenson
McGinn
Dylan
Marv
Stokes
Shaw

:flag:

Sir David Gray
27-12-2017, 12:05 PM
I think Bartley is a must in games like this.

SeanWilson
27-12-2017, 12:08 PM
So....does Big Marv come back in? Does he go with Shaw or Murray or neither? 3-5-2 / 4-3-3 or same team as Saturday in a 4-4-2?

I'd go with 3-5-2. Efe isnt a right back naturally and this would give us more cover, allow Marv to come back in and use Barker as a sub when legs are tired.

Rocky
Boyle
Efe
Daz
Hanlon
Stevenson
McGinn
Dylan
Marv
Stokes
Shaw

:flag:
Has to start with barker and Boyle, stokes playing off a another through the middle. Edit - Marv first name on sheet against them!

Franck Stanton
27-12-2017, 12:09 PM
Rocky

Ambrose. MacGregor. Hanlon. Stevenson

Bartley

Boyle. McGeogh. McGinn. Barker

Stokes

Now I know that Stokes isn't a "lone striker, target man" but with the pace of both Boyle & Barker he would have plenty of support. With Bartly in the team we wouldn't be bullied on midfield and would let McGeogh & McGinn get into advanced positions also allows us the luxury of Shaw being introduced as an impact sub for last 20/30min. Just my thoughts guys 'n gals. Merry Christmas.

danhibees1875
27-12-2017, 12:09 PM
Rocky
Efe McGregor Hanlon Stevenson
Bartley
Slivka McGeoch Mcginn
Stokes Boyle

I like Barker, he'd be a must start if this was on a football pitch.

SeanWilson
27-12-2017, 12:10 PM
Rocky

Bartley

Boyle. McGeogh.
I think as rank as they are... 7 outfield players might be a push😜

Firestarter
27-12-2017, 12:10 PM
Marciano
Boyle
McGregor
Hanlon
Ambrose
Stevenson
Bartley
McGinn
Mcgeough
Shaw
Stokes

TheGreenMan
27-12-2017, 12:14 PM
I can actually see Lennon just playing same team as Saturday and leaving Bartley out. Giving us Boyle and Barker plus 2 up top in a more attacking formation. He left Bartley out against The Huns.

Franck Stanton
27-12-2017, 12:18 PM
I think as rank as they are... 7 outfield players might be a push😜
Lol pressed the wrong button (oops) have updated post now though

thebausburst
27-12-2017, 12:22 PM
I can actually see Lennon just playing same team as Saturday and leaving Bartley out. Giving us Boyle and Barker plus 2 up top in a more attacking formation. He left Bartley out against The Huns.

No danger he’ll leave Bartley out for this game he is very important in the derbys! Also think we need to have 2 up top, Stokes with either Shaw or Murray, thats prob his biggest call, personally I’d start with Murray as again his style really suits the derby and it’s horses for courses in these games.

eastcoasthibby
27-12-2017, 12:23 PM
If you play with 2 wingers then Bartley is not the central midfielder to play as his distribution isnt good or quick enough to utilise them. Option of 3 at the back plus Bartley is a potential though, with one wide player and two up front, need a balance of not giving them time at the back, stevenson and boyle would be my shout as wing backs, with MCGeouch and McGinn pulling the strings ...

bingo70
27-12-2017, 12:28 PM
Rocky

Bartley

Boyle. McGeogh. McGinn. Barker

Stokes

Now I know that Stokes isn't a "lone striker, target man" but with the pace of both Boyle & Barker he would have plenty of support. With Bartly in the team we wouldn't be bullied on midfield and would let McGeogh & McGinn get into advanced positions also allows us the luxury of Shaw being introduced as an impact sub for last 20/30min. Just my thoughts guys 'n gals. Merry Christmas.

I agree.

I also think, as unpopular as it'll be, playing for a draw tonight isn't the worst idea in the world. First and foremost we need to make sure we don't get beat. Hearts really need to be beating us tonight and failure to do so will go some way to losing the recent feel good factor they've built up.

In saying that, Stokes, Barker and Boyle up front isn't exactly parking the bus. I personally think though that we need to make sure we have Bartley, Mcginn and Mcgeouch in midfield. The Hearts full backs are there to be got at as well so playing 3-5-2 could be playing into their hands and not targetting Hearts weakest areas.

Unseen work
27-12-2017, 01:02 PM
....................ofir....

......Efe....McGregor...Hanlon.....

Boyle...Mcgeouch...Bartley....Mcginn...Stevenson

............,,Stokes.....Murray........

eastcoasthibby
27-12-2017, 02:01 PM

This will do for me 😁

Allant1981
27-12-2017, 02:38 PM
marciano
gray
ambrose
hanlon
stevenson
bartley
mcgeouch
mcginn
slivka
stokes
boyle

wookie70
27-12-2017, 02:39 PM
I think he will go with a diamond

Rocky
Efe
Hanlon
Daz
Lewis

Bartley
McGinn
Boyle
Dylan

Shaw
Stokes

Bartley at the base of the diamond and Boyler at the tip.

If it was me I think I would play that team but put Slivka in for Dylan to give us a bit more height and someone else who tracks back as Dylan rarely tracks runners into the box and the pitch won't suit his dribbling style where he takes men on in dangerous areas. I would start Murray to try and put some pressure on their hoofs and keep Oli for the last 20 mins.

easty
27-12-2017, 02:56 PM

I'd go for this tae. Efe at right back quite clearly isn't working well enough. If Gray isn't fit to start, then it has to be 3-5-2.

Brightside
27-12-2017, 03:35 PM

I think it will be shaw for Murray

27-12-2017, 03:57 PM
I think Bartley is a must in games like this.

Totally agree.

hfc rd
27-12-2017, 04:07 PM
For me, Bartley would be the 1st name on the team sheet. The exact type of player that you need in this fixture.

Marciano

Ambrose
McGregor
Hanlon

Boyle
McGeouch
Bartley
McGinn
Stevenson

Murray
Stokes

lucky
27-12-2017, 04:09 PM
Why change a winning team? As such I think it will be the same team as Saturday

Billy Whizz
27-12-2017, 04:10 PM
Someone on kickback saying they have a midfield 3 of Bauben, Cowie and Walker
Must be playing 2 forwards for a change

bingo70
27-12-2017, 04:20 PM
Why change a winning team? As such I think it will be the same team as Saturday

Horses for courses.

This will be a much more difficult and entirely different game to the one on Saturday so IMO it doesn't make sense just to go with the same team because they won at the weekend.

SirDavidsNapper
27-12-2017, 04:24 PM

I thought the diver was injured?

erin go bragh
27-12-2017, 05:02 PM
Good if true . Bauben has the heart of a mouse . SJM ,Dylan and Bartley will eat them up for supper .

Ronniekirk
27-12-2017, 05:13 PM

They are on a wee run and think they might try something different at the start to try and throw us They can revert to type if that doesn't work out This will be different game than first one at Easter Rd More difficult for us to win it i think But Saturday fir us was encouraging and if Stokes stays on field and reproduces that same form thats a big plus for us

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

erin go bragh
27-12-2017, 05:46 PM
Bartley in for Barker .442 same as Saturday