PDA

View Full Version : Hosts want to be 'Edinburgh's dominant team'

theonlywayisup
27-12-2017, 07:46 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42485640

They would be unbearable if they win. Please let's put them back under that stone they've been hiding for the last couple of years.

IGRIGI
27-12-2017, 08:31 AM
Their obsession with us really is unhealthy, their entire success is based on beating us and being seen as a "big team.

If they had the choice of beating us 4 times in a season but being relegated or winning the league but losing to us 4 times they would go with option 1 without hesitation.

Hibernian Verse
27-12-2017, 08:34 AM
"Right now you can probably pick eight or nine of the Hibs starting XI, whereas for us it's not like that," admitted Berra.

"Hibs are a more consistent and more settled team. Neil Lennon has done a great job there. He took them over in a good position and inherited a good squad, but he has added some good quality players, so all over the park they're dangerous.

Is that sense coming out of Berra? :confused: Two accurate comments.

leithsansiro
27-12-2017, 08:34 AM
Yeah, true. But at times I think a section of our support would say the same.

Genuinely can't imagine how rubbish it'd be if Hibs lost 4 times a season to that lot.

theonlywayisup
27-12-2017, 08:42 AM

Genuinely can't imagine how rubbish it'd be if Hibs lost 4 times a season to that lot.

Our supporters have had to put up with not winning the Derby for a long time - I can't remember the numbers but it was mid-teens in one run and then 22 or something like that the second time. Our supporters have had to put up with a lot, but we keep come back for more.

It'll be interesting to see what their support would be like if they had the same type of runs of not winning Derbies as us.

During these runs, I couldn't believe the number of times we would get thumped three or four nil. We also had games when we were the better team, yet they would somehow scrape a one or two nil victory.

Take the last Derby at Easter Road, that game should have been three or four nil to Hibs, but we never seem to give them the beating that their team deserves. Even the 3-1 in the Cup game didn't reflect the scoreline accurately enough.

macca70
27-12-2017, 08:49 AM
The arrogance of Levein from his comments are off the scale:

“It annoys me that we lose in these derby matches because I don’t know anything else other than winning them”

Waxy
27-12-2017, 09:01 AM
The bookies still make us clear favorites even with the match at Tiny and their fluke result against Celtic.

-Jonesy-
27-12-2017, 09:03 AM
Are hearts going to have anything left in the tank tonight after bleating all this eye watering cringe the last few days?

Hibernian Verse
27-12-2017, 09:03 AM

“It annoys me that we lose in these derby matches because I don’t know anything else other than winning them”

Well that's a load of ***** because he's not seen his team win one for 3 years.

eastcoasthibby
27-12-2017, 11:24 AM
Lets get out and do the business instead of getting involved in all the bulls--t that usually us sets up to not deliver the result we want ...get the result and then let the bragging rights take over ! We are too inconsistent to be confident of a win if we can play and take chances then all should be well ...

Geo_1875
27-12-2017, 11:26 AM
"Right now you can probably pick eight or nine of the Hibs starting XI, whereas for us it's not like that," admitted Berra.

"Hibs are a more consistent and more settled team. Neil Lennon has done a great job there. He took them over in a good position and inherited a good squad, but he has added some good quality players, so all over the park they're dangerous.

Is that sense coming out of Berra? :confused: Two accurate comments.

Getting the excuses in early.

hibsbollah
27-12-2017, 11:27 AM
They've been doing a lot of talking through the week. Yam yak.
It's all about winning individual battles, Marvin putting Callaghan on his erchie, Lewis being careful with Walkers diving, etc. It's a tired cliché but we really do need to do our talking on the pitch.

Bishop Hibee
27-12-2017, 11:32 AM

Even in the dark days of the 80's that never happened. The point we took off them in season 85/86 cost them the league :wink: It's great to win more against them that they do against us but I'm more interested in trophies and finishing high up the league.

Nicho87
27-12-2017, 12:25 PM
Just shows you what potter must be trying to drum into them. Hibs hibs hibs. They're actually unhealthily obsessed.

JimboHibs
27-12-2017, 12:35 PM

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

NORTHERNHIBBY
27-12-2017, 12:44 PM
Back in the day and used to be isn't as good as now.

SirDavidsNapper
27-12-2017, 05:29 PM
This is their cup final.

Hibernia&Alba
27-12-2017, 05:30 PM

I can't stand that ****

Joe6-2
27-12-2017, 05:55 PM

How rubbish would we have to be?!!

27-12-2017, 06:04 PM
Their obsession with us really is unhealthy, their entire success is based on beating us and being seen as a "big team.

If they had the choice of beating us 4 times in a season but being relegated or winning the league but losing to us 4 times they would go with option 1 without hesitation.

I've never known them to be any different. Their obsession with being "the big team" took them to the brink of extinction as they robbed all that money to fuel the "big team" fantasy. But of course, "it was all worth it" because they beat hibs 5-1. Everything they ever do has to involve getting a dig in at hibs or getting one over on hibs hence why its massevely sticking in their craw that their big new shiney "super stand" still doesn't make Tynecastle the biggest football stadium in Edinburgh.

Whenever they sign a new player, the most common choice of arse sooking material is to dig at hibs, not bum up their love for hearts. They know that the tramps will drool over anti-hibs comments far more than pro-hearts comments. The likes of Skacel never talked about anything other than us! The yams have a total **** fest over the mere mention of his name but the reality is that he was always more of a hibs hater than a hearts. Sad but true.