PDA

View Full Version : Undersoil heating.

vuefrom1875
27-12-2017, 07:33 AM
Do the Tramps have this facility?

H18 SFR
27-12-2017, 08:19 AM
It's not currently in service my Yamoid mate assures me. Apparently it's not an issue due to global warming my Yamoid mate proclaims.

macca70
27-12-2017, 08:28 AM
Wouldn’t surprise me if it’s packed in, just like every other aspect of that horrible stadium.

No way the pitch is playable without undersoil heating, temperature dropped quite significantly yesterday and over night.

vuefrom1875
27-12-2017, 08:29 AM
It's not currently in service my Yamoid mate assures me. Apparently it's not an issue due to global warming my Yamoid mate proclaims.

Could be an issue after last night's temperatures!

leithsansiro
27-12-2017, 08:33 AM
Fairly certain that having either undersoil heating or another effective measure of preventing frozen pitches is a condition imposed on the top flight teams. Doesn't apply in lower leagues it I'm sure that the top league insists on this as a condition and fines teams for it not being used or available.

GreenOnions
27-12-2017, 10:12 AM
What they do have is an "air hockey" style system to blow hot air upwards from under the pitch. I understand from sources close to the club that this is what keeps the ball in the air all the time when Hearts are playing.

3pm
27-12-2017, 10:13 AM
What they do have is an "air hockey" style system to blow hot air upwards from under the pitch. I understand from sources close to the club that this is what keeps the ball in the air all the time when Hearts are playing.

Does the hot air not come from the stands?

Keith_M
27-12-2017, 10:15 AM
Isn't undersoil heating compulsory for top flight teams?

Billy Whizz
27-12-2017, 10:19 AM

Used to be, not sure now
They can always borrow the Cowden Kettle

Geo_1875
27-12-2017, 10:20 AM
They do have it but in the past it has broken down when injuries and suspensions have threatened them with a humping.

I'm sure they'll have it pumping away full blast to get the game on as they appear confident.

GreenOnions
27-12-2017, 10:22 AM
To install undersoil heating they would have to dig up all the potatoes from under the pitch wouldn't they?

Souter96Mac
27-12-2017, 10:22 AM
Could just use a few of the left over chips to help defrost the pitch

Ozyhibby
27-12-2017, 10:25 AM
They do have it but in the past it has broken down when injuries and suspensions have threatened them with a humping.

I'm sure they'll have it pumping away full blast to get the game on as they appear confident.

They have a lot of injuries and suspensions just now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bristolhibby
27-12-2017, 10:34 AM

Vaguely remember Motherwell doing this as well as the Hearts, unsurprisingly it happens when injuries were high.

IIRC a Motherwell game was binned off because they flooded the pitch.

J

Joe6-2
27-12-2017, 10:40 AM
To install undersoil heating they would have to dig up all the potatoes from under the pitch wouldn't they?

Don’t forget the cherry pickers!!

greenginger
27-12-2017, 10:49 AM
The gas boilers and water pumps that heat and circulate the water that operates the pitch heating system were relocated to a new plant room under the Roseburn Stand.

I guess this will be the first real test for the system but I'm sure it will already have been rigorously tested during the commissioning period like all aspects of the new Yam erection.

connerg
27-12-2017, 10:54 AM
It costs a lot of money to turn the undersoil heating on, so...........

connerg
27-12-2017, 10:57 AM
I read somewhere you need a "pitch protection system" in the top league.

Interpol
27-12-2017, 11:04 AM
The Tynecastle pitch is always absolutely dreadful- must be consistently the worst in the league. Is it intentional? Seemed to suit their play in the past. Virtually impossible to play football on it.

iwasthere1972
27-12-2017, 11:05 AM
They've just sent Medals out to centre circle with a Mic to practice his ' Your club needs you' speech. Any ice or frost should be gone by midday as he's full of hot air. The Calor gas fire from the John Robertson lounge is on standby.

NORTHERNHIBBY
27-12-2017, 11:06 AM
The emergency system will kick in. They make Gary Locke drink 20 gallons of water and then wait.

Geo_1875
27-12-2017, 11:10 AM
Vaguely remember Motherwell doing this as well as the Hearts, unsurprisingly it happens when injuries were high.

IIRC a Motherwell game was binned off because they flooded the pitch.

J

We had a game at Motherwell called off because they "forgot" to switch the heating on. I think Tynie has suspiciously been flooded on a number of occasions, again usually when they're struggling with injuries.

ano hibby
27-12-2017, 11:37 AM
They have a lot of injuries and suspensions just now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whilst hoping you’re right I’ll see it & believe it.

Smartie
27-12-2017, 11:42 AM
I heard that they have a fairly peculiar undersoil heating system at Tynecastle.

They get someone to whisper "Dens Park, Albert Kidd, 1986" to Craig Levein, and when he starts to emit warm liquids at an alarming rate they link him up to a pipe that runs under the pitch.

iwasthere1972
27-12-2017, 11:46 AM
We had a game at Motherwell called off because they "forgot" to switch the heating on. I think Tynie has suspiciously been flooded on a number of occasions, again usually when they're struggling with injuries.

I was one of the few who didn't know that the match was postponed until I was walking up The Parade in Motherwell and bumped into another couple of Hibs fans. Must admit I thought that the train was a wee bit quiet. :doh:

CallumLaidlaw
27-12-2017, 11:50 AM
Whilst hoping you’re right I’ll see it & believe it.

They've been saying Djoum won't make it but looks like he will. Cochrane is suspended, and Callaghan & Lewis Moore are injured.

weecounty hibby
27-12-2017, 11:53 AM
The injured players bull**** has been a jambo tactic for decades. It was always John Robertson who was "doubtful" . Miraculously he recovered in time and usually scored!! Don't believe a word that comes out of Tiny Tiny. Ever. On any subject.