PDA

View Full Version : Parking

dp00
26-12-2017, 09:33 PM
Anyone got any suggestions on where is good to park near Tynie ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr White
26-12-2017, 09:36 PM
Shandon area and the streets around Harrison Park are a good option to walk down the steps to Stewart Terrace and on to Gorgie Rd but you need to get there early.

Sir David Gray
26-12-2017, 09:43 PM
Sauchiebank Industrial Estate, just off Russell Road. I've always parked there for games at Tynecastle. Safe enough location and tends to be mainly Hibs fans who park there as well.

It's only just over a 5 minute walk to the stadium as well.

hibbysam
26-12-2017, 09:44 PM
Shandon area and the streets around Harrison Park are a good option to walk down the steps to Stewart Terrace and on to Gorgie Rd but you need to get there early.

Can’t get back to your car after the game though? Unless you want to walk for miles.

Mr White
26-12-2017, 09:47 PM
Can’t get back to your car after the game though? Unless you want to walk for miles.

Not too bad if you cut back up through murieston cres?

It's a fair point though and shows that the last time I drove to a derby there predates the wall they put up now on Mcleod St.

hibbysam
26-12-2017, 09:57 PM
Not too bad if you cut back up through murieston cres?

It's a fair point though and shows that the last time I drove to a derby there predates the wall they put up now on Mcleod St.

Big police wall gets put up there too. Only way out is Russell road all the way to the roseburn bar (unless you go up over the hill and along the side of the tram track to haymarket)

Mr White
26-12-2017, 10:04 PM
Big police wall gets put up there too. Only way out is Russell road all the way to the roseburn bar (unless you go up over the hill and along the side of the tram track to haymarket)

Ah well, probably not that great an option anymore then!

Jumbo
26-12-2017, 11:10 PM
I usually park on the side streets around Wester Coates, under the bridge towards Haymarket from Roseburn, always plenty spaces and quick getaway after game.

JimBHibees
27-12-2017, 09:27 AM
Streets in ravelston probably best