PDA

View Full Version : Medals Mackay’s latest drivel.

tamig
26-12-2017, 11:17 AM
The great man looking for hertz to end this “mini-hoodoo” and “restore a degree of normality”. Spoken like a truly arrogant yam but overlooks what normality looked like when he was growing up. Erse.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/gary-mackay-time-for-hearts-to-end-mini-derby-hoodoo-1-4646910

Northernhibee
26-12-2017, 11:21 AM
Wow...

we are hibs
26-12-2017, 11:25 AM
It's absolutely embarrassing the evening news are allowing that ***** in their papers.

"Hibs tend to score goals in most games they play"

thanks for that outstanding knowledge

Pete
26-12-2017, 11:32 AM
To be fair, I think the “normality” he’s talking about is a more even set of results over a space of time, not hearts constantly winning them.

Still a fud though.

Golden Bear
26-12-2017, 11:33 AM
Odious little man who definitely has a claim on the title as being Scotland's worst ever capped player.

Peevemor
26-12-2017, 11:34 AM
What a cock! Our form has been fine over the past month, except one match.

What does he do now? Is he some sort of official merrick hinger-on /mouthpiece?

Jack Hackett
26-12-2017, 11:52 AM

He has a full-time job polishing his medals. His EN puff pieces are for a bit of pin money

Billy Whizz
26-12-2017, 11:56 AM
Let him talk them up, more the merrier as far as I’m concerned

Aldo
26-12-2017, 12:00 PM
Normality... WTF is that Medals.... The yams screwing over local businesses and charities.

What a complete fud.

Hopefully some more comments like that and that's NL's team talk done!

green day
26-12-2017, 12:03 PM
The great man looking for hertz to end this “mini-hoodoo” and “restore a degree of normality”. Spoken like a truly arrogant yam but overlooks what normality looked like when he was growing up. Erse.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/gary-mackay-time-for-hearts-to-end-mini-derby-hoodoo-1-4646910

Wouldnt surprise me if he didnt have a Kickback account - this is barely any different to the drivel the idiots on there spout.

The man is only semi literate, I mean WTF is a mini-hoodoo?

NORTHERNHIBBY
26-12-2017, 12:10 PM
Never got to grips with why a draw doesn't mean that both teams didn't lose. Normality should mean putting out a team on the pitch that you can afford. Been a long, long , long time since they won a fair right. Obviously an issue for them.

Fife-Hibee
26-12-2017, 12:12 PM
Restore normality!! F...ing Erse!

hibees 7062
26-12-2017, 12:23 PM

Nope , he like big nose ain't welcome at tiny

-Jonesy-
26-12-2017, 12:26 PM
Yawn...sports editor needs a word in the ear if he's happy to publish such a non article

26-12-2017, 12:27 PM
Wouldnt surprise me if he didnt have a Kickback account - this is barely any different to the drivel the idiots on there spout.

He's trolling. Probably comes on here shortly after an article is posted to see if it gets a reaction.

KeithTheHibby
26-12-2017, 12:29 PM
Slavouring **** who won **** all as a player and failed as a manager wherever he went.
Let him spout his pish, those arrogant fannies have been doing it for last few years and as usual they’ve ended looking like bigger morons than normal.

leithsansiro
26-12-2017, 12:34 PM
Odious little man who definitely has a claim on the title as being Scotland's worst ever capped player.

Wait, what? Gary MacKay got a Scotland cap? Jeez, I totally missed that. I feel slightly sad inside now that I know about that. Particularly when the era he played in included a good standard of Scottish midfielders. I'd have been frustrated if I was in the bench for Scotland and he had been selected ahead of me.

NAE NOOKIE
26-12-2017, 12:37 PM
Delusion ..... Medals like the Yam masses he is pandering to believes that their derby dominance up until 2012 was purely down to attitude and nothing more. If he bothered to look at the derby results since that cup final when the Yams financial doping came to an end he will see that Hibs and Hearts have played 17 times ( 19 times if you include the two drawn cup ties at the PBS which are ticks in our box, not theirs ) ...... Hibs have won 7 the Yams have won 5 and 5 have been draws.

These stats over a 5 year period show that if the playing field is levelled there's no such thing as 'normality' in the Edinburgh derby, it can go either way and Wednesday will be a prime example of that .... we might win, they might win or it could be a draw ( the bookies choice I would imagine ) but whatever happens the next time we meet the result will be just as hard to call. That's the 'normality' of the Edinburgh derby ... but if the Yams like McKay here are still labouring under the delusion that they just have to turn up to be favourites that suits us fine, there's nothing more guaranteed to give one side the edge than for the opposition to think they have a right to win, especially when the stats show that time is gone.

Mr White
26-12-2017, 12:38 PM
Wait, what? Gary MacKay got a Scotland cap? Jeez, I totally missed that. I feel slightly sad inside now that I know about that. Particularly when the era he played in included a good standard of Scottish midfielders. I'd have been frustrated if I was in the bench for Scotland and he had been selected ahead of me.

He even scored a goal for Scotland v Bulgaria. It meant Ireland qualified for the 1988 European Championships.

cleanyman
26-12-2017, 12:46 PM
Its a bit before my time.

Was he ever any good?

wpj
26-12-2017, 12:51 PM

Was he ever any good?

Nope

Eyrie
26-12-2017, 01:10 PM

Was he ever any good?

Key player when Hearts won the League and Scottish Cup in 1986.

WoreTheGreen
26-12-2017, 01:12 PM
At least he stayed oot the cludgie

vuefrom1875
26-12-2017, 01:18 PM

Two words for that fanny... KEVIN HARPER.

Sammy7nil
26-12-2017, 01:34 PM

Was he ever any good?

He was a decent player but not international quality

CRAZYHIBBY
26-12-2017, 01:43 PM
Gary mackay is a complete cock

Mon Dieu4
26-12-2017, 01:47 PM
Racist bawbag doesn't deserve the platform to spout his pish

iwasthere1972
26-12-2017, 01:59 PM
Hibs will be content with a point. Really. I'm sure we'll be looking for all three. Really hope we give them a right proper seeing to. Arrogant tosser.

fat freddy
26-12-2017, 02:01 PM
He became a bit of an Irish mascot after his goal in Bulgaria which ensured the Irish qualified for Euro 88. That competition was the springboard to a decade of success for Jack Charltons men and McKay is guaranteed free drinks whenever he visits the Republic.

Apart from that he was a good servant to them and I think he may hold the record for most games played at Tynie.
He also has a medal contrary to popular belief, he won the East of Scotland Shield once.

Forever remembered for a dive of a pub across the street from The ABC, Gary McKays Centre Spot. Full of Jambos with moustaches and mullets

bod
26-12-2017, 02:09 PM

IMHO ,That title goes to Gary Kenneth ex dufc player whom Levein capped

hibsbollah
26-12-2017, 02:11 PM
Great article. I think he's trying to demonstrate his brain is even emptier than his trophy cabinet.

Viva_Palmeiras
26-12-2017, 02:26 PM
Sat opposite him on a early morning train through he was wearing a show racism the red card band - oh the irony - think it was a UNITE related event.

iwasthere1972
26-12-2017, 02:28 PM
Great article. I think he's trying to demonstrate his brain is even emptier than his trophy cabinet.

He has a trophy cabinet. :eek::eek:

givescotlandfreedom
26-12-2017, 02:34 PM
Trophy virgin, racist, twat.

Viva_Palmeiras
26-12-2017, 02:38 PM
What a team that was a real bunch of winners at Hearts.

19946 How many medals won with Hearts from there?

Northernhibee
26-12-2017, 02:59 PM
Get that up on the dressing room wall.

3pm
26-12-2017, 03:04 PM
Was it him who stamped on Harper?

Deansy
26-12-2017, 03:27 PM

'When I played for Hearts in the 1980s and 90s, we had a strong psychological edge over Hibs'

Nah 'Medals' - what your lot had was a strong FINANCIAL edge, gained by using 'Other People's Money' - by using an ever-increasing debt, season-after-season, you were in effect - cheating !

Fortunately, the money ran out and it's now a level playing-field which has resulted in this 'Mini derby hoodoo' on it's way to growing into a 'Major derby hoodoo' !

hibsbollah
26-12-2017, 04:51 PM
Was it him who stamped on Harper?

He made monkey noises right in Harpers face, caught on camera at the same time the hearts support were doing it too. Then lied by denying it and subsequently got a job at Show Racism the Red Card. Possibly the most bizarre appointment since Fred West was made head of UK B&B tourism.

MWHIBBIES
26-12-2017, 05:19 PM
Mackay is a weapons grade twat. Not just a bit of a tool but actually a **** human being. The racist stuff aimed at Harper shouldve seen him banned from Easter Road for life Imo. Heard a few other stories about him from people who have encountered him through the years, all make him out to be a ****.

hibby6270
26-12-2017, 05:21 PM
IMHO ,That title goes to Gary Kenneth ex dufc player whom Levein capped

Hmmm!! Kevin Kyle springs to mind as well, all thanks to Bertie Vogts.

Captain Trips
26-12-2017, 05:22 PM
Credit to him he has allowed unprecedented access to his haul of trophies and medals:

https://i0.wp.com/www.childcarepartnerships.org/upload/2017/11/14/empty-cabinet-images-reverse-search-cabinet-empty-s-5e3cd5f0f4fd3a14.jpg?resize=350%2C255

Captain Trips
26-12-2017, 05:29 PM
He made monkey noises right in Harpers face, caught on camera at the same time the hearts support were doing it too. Then lied by denying it and subsequently got a job at Show Racism the Red Card. Possibly the most bizarre appointment since Fred West was made head of UK B&B tourism.

Is that footage anywhere online?

bingo70
26-12-2017, 05:30 PM
Was he not quite critical of Levein recently?

Now Levein is back to being quite popular again this will be mackays way of getting back onside with the mob.

Bostonhibby
26-12-2017, 05:35 PM
He's always been one of those toadying little attention seekers who you're delighted to say is a yam, a racist yam.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

HibbiesandtheBaddies
26-12-2017, 05:41 PM
'When I played for Hearts in the 1980s and 90s, we had a strong psychological edge over Hibs'

Nah 'Medals' - what your lot had was a strong FINANCIAL edge, gained by using 'Other People's Money' - by using an ever-increasing debt, season-after-season, you were in effect - cheating !

Fortunately, the money ran out and it's now a level playing-field which has resulted in this 'Mini derby hoodoo' on it's way to growing into a 'Major derby hoodoo' !

Succinctly put Sir! :agree:

Viva_Palmeiras
26-12-2017, 05:52 PM

Oh how int the 80s the Police must have laughed as the yams failed to pay up for overtime
and cover of match day costs around the time Walnut came in.

tamig
26-12-2017, 05:53 PM
Was he not quite critical of Levein recently?

Now Levein is back to being quite popular again this will be mackays way of getting back onside with the mob.

He never forgave Levein for bricking it on that momentous day when they clinched the first leg of that historic double.

iwasthere1972
26-12-2017, 05:53 PM
It would be truly brilliant if someone could make up a song about him and his medals in time for the derby. Maybe show us your medals. I'm no a songwriter so I'll leave it to the McCartney and Lennons of this board.

I'll be back just in case I manage to get a ticket and have to learn the words in time for kick off. :greengrin

-Jonesy-
26-12-2017, 06:02 PM
It would be truly brilliant if someone could make up a song about him and his medals in time for the derby. Maybe show us your medals. I'm no a songwriter so I'll leave it to the McCartney and Lennons of this board.

I'll be back just in case I manage to get a ticket and have to learn the words in time for kick off. :greengrin
Gary macs a ****er
He wears a ****ers hat
He talks about the jambos and other **** like that
But when it comes to winning he doesn't really care
Just ask him bout his medals, there isnae any there

Or

When it comes to winning he's just like Craig levein
And just like all his medals they're nowhere to be seen

hibsbollah
26-12-2017, 06:02 PM
Is that footage anywhere online?

7min 30 in..

https://m.youtube.com/watch?sns=tw&v=vQYMLIaaK60

Sir David Gray
26-12-2017, 06:07 PM

Was he ever any good?

Think of Chris Dagnall, but without the Scottish Cup medal.

Bostonhibby
26-12-2017, 06:09 PM
Think of Chris Dagnall, but without the Scottish Cup medal.[emoji23]

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

iwasthere1972
26-12-2017, 06:25 PM
Gary macs a ****er
He wears a ****ers hat
He talks about the jambos and other **** like that
But when it comes to winning he doesn't really care
Just ask him bout his medals, there isnae any there

Or

When it comes to winning he's just like Craig levein
And just like all his medals they're nowhere to be seen

Excellent. Now if only I could get a ticket. :wink:

Golden Bear
26-12-2017, 06:29 PM
Excellent. Now if only I could get a ticket. :wink:

There's a couple for sale on the Hibs page Facebook site.

iwasthere1972
26-12-2017, 06:38 PM

:aok: :offski:

Brooster
26-12-2017, 06:47 PM

Best to ignore him. He's an attention seeking twattt. Obviously thinks he's something which he isnt. Lets do our talking on the pitch. Incidentally does he still sport that 80s Barnet Fare?

iwasthere1972
26-12-2017, 07:08 PM

Never been on it. Have you got a link. Cheers.

Cabbage East
26-12-2017, 07:16 PM
Restore normality. Ok mate.

Mikey
26-12-2017, 07:22 PM
What we have now IS normality.

hibbydog
26-12-2017, 07:25 PM
Not been able to listen to a word that idiot says since he made monkey noises at Kevin Harper. Unbelievably he has never been held to account for that.

Wouldn’t cross the street to p!sh on him if he was on fire.

Normality is being restored now that Hearts can’t buy derby victories with money they don’t pay back.

Golden Bear
26-12-2017, 07:28 PM
Never been on it. Have you got a link. Cheers.

Looks like the post has been removed. I presume the tickets were snapped up. They were two adult tickets but in different areas.

truehibernian
26-12-2017, 07:41 PM
Restore normality. Ok mate.

He's maybe referring to the normality when he was a teen at Salvy where Hibs were the dominant team in Edinburgh. Oh and Hutchie took over from Salveson too :greengrin

Between him and Levein they've done the team talk this week for Hibs :aok: Quite hoping that Daz absolutely smashes Lafferty in the opening minutes too for his comments about us - same way he put out Cowie for a few weeks :agree:

Got to play with two wide men tomorrow. Their full backs are very very weak and Levein and his staff will try every trick in the book because of injuries in his midfield. I'll guarantee they'll water the pitch heavily just before kick off despite the rain and sleet - and have the ground staff ensuring it's not a smooth surface. He instructed Cathro and Neilson to do that regularly at Tynie.

He's also made noises in the media and at their AGM about showing they 'won't be bullied' - so I'd rather we play the wide areas and avoid a 'war of attrition' in midfield, which is what I think he wants. I'd also play Murray up top as he closes down Berra constantly - and Berra's only option going forward is a hoof up the pitch.

Can't wait for this game. They're super confident again and I think that suits us down to the ground :aok:

iwasthere1972
26-12-2017, 07:47 PM
Looks like the post has been removed. I presume the tickets were snapped up. They were two adult tickets but in different areas.

Thanks anyway.

CentreLine
26-12-2017, 09:45 PM
He's maybe referring to the normality when he was a teen at Salvy where Hibs were the dominant team in Edinburgh. Oh and Hutchie took over from Salveson too :greengrin

Between him and Levein they've done the team talk this week for Hibs :aok: Quite hoping that Daz absolutely smashes Lafferty in the opening minutes too for his comments about us - same way he put out Cowie for a few weeks :agree:

Got to play with two wide men tomorrow. Their full backs are very very weak and Levein and his staff will try every trick in the book because of injuries in his midfield. I'll guarantee they'll water the pitch heavily just before kick off despite the rain and sleet - and have the ground staff ensuring it's not a smooth surface. He instructed Cathro and Neilson to do that regularly at Tynie.

He's also made noises in the media and at their AGM about showing they 'won't be bullied' - so I'd rather we play the wide areas and avoid a 'war of attrition' in midfield, which is what I think he wants. I'd also play Murray up top as he closes down Berra constantly - and Berra's only option going forward is a hoof up the pitch.

Can't wait for this game. They're super confident again and I think that suits us down to the ground :aok:

Problem is there are no wide areas at Tynecastle. The pitch being so small is what has made it such a difficult place to play against big physical defenders and an agricultural midfield. This is going to be a roughhouse tomorrow night but I am pleased to say we have players who are capable of adapting to those conditions as they showed last season. Maybe not the game for both Boyle and Barker 🤨

truehibernian
26-12-2017, 10:02 PM
Problem is there are no wide areas at Tynecastle. The pitch being so small is what has made it such a difficult place to play against big physical defenders and an agricultural midfield. This is going to be a roughhouse tomorrow night but I am pleased to say we have players who are capable of adapting to those conditions as they showed last season. Maybe not the game for both Boyle and Barker 🤨

It's not as narrow as the media make out and I'm certain Hibs will have trained with the pitch in mind. We have been really successful home and away against Hearts the last 10 games or so by using the wide areas well. Levein and his staff will definitely manipulate the pitch - I'm 100% certain of that. I think he (Levein) will go 4-5-1 and try and dominate the midfield area. That's where they have lost every game recently. I think he'll play Lafferty up top on his own and they'll pump balls up to him and expect their midfield 5 to support.

I would go with the starting line up v County - it worked well and we created a host of chances which I can see happening at Tynie as well. Barker in particular is beginning to realise he needs to defend at times.

Scott Allan Key
26-12-2017, 11:00 PM

I looked it up in the Yamosaurus and under ‘mini-hoodoo’ it states ‘Medal Mackay’s c**k’.

Is It On....
26-12-2017, 11:23 PM
It's absolutely embarrassing the evening news are allowing that ***** in their papers.

"Hibs tend to score goals in most games they play"

thanks for that outstanding knowledge

Sadly, The Evening News (like most mainstream media) has been left behind by the explosion in internet based sites that are much more investigative and informative as evidenced by the contrast between forums and the embarrassing silence of the MSM in respect of the continuing travails at Sevco [couple of posters on the Bears Den are talking about imminent admin - hopefully something to look forward to in 2018]. The only thing that the MSM can really offer is printing rubbish from ex (and current) players like Mackay and Boyd.

Captain Trips
26-12-2017, 11:26 PM
I looked it up in the Yamosaurus and under ‘mini-hoodoo’ it states ‘Medal Mackay’s c**k’.

Mini hoodoo, Mini tin of brasso.

Tornadoes70
27-12-2017, 12:30 AM
Let's make it nine in a row and keep the Yams hurting. We've better players and play the better football.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

:flag:

Pretty Boy
27-12-2017, 02:10 AM
A few years back I was at an event at which Gary MacKay was doing a Q&A. I can't remember the question but he made a pretty disparaging mark about the Hibs players who ended the 22 game run in 1994 and their celebrations. He finished by saying 'I suppose for them it was the highlight of their careers'. Someone in the audience then commented that he suspected the highlight of their careers would be the medals they had all won, a fair fewkf them doing so at Hibs and the rest elsewhere and asked MacKay which of the medals he won was his personal highlight. The Q&A was cut short.

To put his glittering career in perspective MacKay played 516 competitive games for Hearts, and 560 in his entire career, and managed zero medals. Dave Beaumont won a medal at Hibs before he even made his debut.

CentreLine
27-12-2017, 08:39 AM

5m shorter and 4m narrower than ER pitch is quite significant. Add to that the very poor surface and football may be a rarity this evening. Hoofball, on the other hand, suits our opponents style perfectly.

Beefster
27-12-2017, 09:00 AM
How long has the racist prick had that 6 inch long fringe to try and hide the fact that his hairline starts at the same level as his ears?

bingo70
27-12-2017, 09:22 AM
In terms of the size of the pitch, as much as there has to be a temptation to go without wingers and pack the midfield, you simply can't ignore how bad their full backs are. I don't know who there right back is, (somebody called Smith i think?) but he is dreadful and they don't even have a left back as far as i'm aware so have been shoehorning all sorts in there.

One Day
27-12-2017, 09:29 AM
Two words for that fanny... KEVIN HARPER.

This. Racist big eared barsteward

CentreLine
27-12-2017, 09:39 AM
In terms of the size of the pitch, as much as there has to be a temptation to go without wingers and pack the midfield, you simply can't ignore how bad their full backs are. I don't know who there right back is, (somebody called Smith i think?) but he is dreadful and they don't even have a left back as far as i'm aware so have been shoehorning all sorts in there.

Hopefully yes. But I think we may just use one

Joe6-2
27-12-2017, 09:42 AM
Bell and end spring to mind

Carheenlea
27-12-2017, 10:33 AM
http://i64.tinypic.com/2mova0x.jpg

hibsbollah
27-12-2017, 11:22 AM
He has a trophy cabinet. :eek::eek:

It's huge. Mahogany and teak. He has a trained chimp in his attic who comes down to dust all four corners every day with Mr Sheen. The more Medals stares deeply into it though, there's still nothing there.